Gladedale Homes Reviews - www.gladedale.com

Gladedale Homes www.gladedale.com - Ask a question now

“Garden problems”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by SP0101 (1 review written)

Has anyone else had garden problems with Bett Homes? They have laid the turf on top of builders rubble and lumps of clay. It has not been flattened at all and has no top soil on despite being told it has and that it has been tested to be of high quality. The ground is so uneven and bumpy that you go over on your ankle when you fall down the many holes in the garden. Have written to MD of Bett Homes to receive reply stating they will not be doing anything about it. Customer service is… Read Full Review

“Dont buy a house with this company, it is shoddy...”

Written on: 17/06/2014

I purchased a house from this company in 2007, the houses were built in the winter months of 2006, which has meant over the previous 7 years we have problems with the weather boarding which i understand was not treated and put up wet in the wet. They are not interested. We have to pay an estate management company £200 per year, per household for a non existent gardening company, they have never replaced all the dead shrubs and trees and now we are having issues even getting the grass cut. They… Read Full Review

“Plot 10 Fusion Bourmooor Co.Durham”

Written on: 26/03/2014 by Coolhand74 (1 review written)

Disgusting after sales service is being polite!! We have a garden that we cannot use(flooding) Damp in bathrooms.mildew in loft.poor brickwork. Kitchen company.... Kitchen has still got defects after 6months of trying to put right (Place in America!!!) begins with M Cracked tiles,leaking shower trays,door handles falling off after 2 weeks, The house is paper thin,if the bath is being run upstairs you would think that it was actually in the sitting room. Decorating not finished… Read Full Review

“Ben Bailey, Rylands Park, St Helens, properties over...”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Swiftbaron (1 review written)

My wife and I have been trying to purchase a property on the above site for over two and a half months. We received a part exchange value against our property in early January which we agreed to, made a deal on the new house and put a holding fee on the property pending our mortgage offer. We are tied in with our current lender for the next two years so requested a top up from the same lender which was agreed in principle subject to survey. This survey was carried out free of charge and… Read Full Review

Simnye's Response to Swiftbaron's Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

Surely a Valuation is an individual perception of the selling price regardless of the lender , in other words if a surveyor feels the property in their onion is over priced it is only their opinion, (and the lender will only advance a mortgage on their opinion) If you want the house that badly its your opinion that counts and therefore you would pay the asking price and stump up the difference . The asking price is what the seller wants if you are not prepared to pay the price ,they don't buy it. Its no different to you selling something at a price you want to some one else saying its worth less to them !

“DO NOT BUY A BETT HOME”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by Karyn85 (1 review written)

I have received the most shocking customer service from the Bett homes customer service department. I have a nearly 2 year old flat in Glasgow and reported a leak in my kitchen window in December - STILL nothing has been done about it. Despite numerous phonecalls/letter. Shocking service - they just completely ignore you even though water is pouring through the window everytime it rains. I would strongly advise against buying a BETT home… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY!!!!!!”

Written on: 19/03/2014 by 127Thomas (1 review written)

I strongly advise anybody who is considering buying a Ben Baileys/Gladedale home NOT TO!!! They make everything seem so perfect when you visit their marketing suites - DO NOT BE FOOLED! The quality of the properties is shocking. Customer service are SO RUDE and just don't care! They rush to sell their properties for the end of the financial year, with no worries about whether they are up to standard and if you advise them of any snagging issues it will take forever for them to be sorted - and… Read Full Review

“poor quality”

Written on: 02/11/2013 by craigmmorq4 (1 review written)

Bought a house from Bett in Durham over 150 defects. The spec of the house is great but the finish is very poor and the directors don't care. Bett will know who is writing this, there's more to come. Poor decoration, internal doors aren't cut straight, chipped tiles, different colour bricks, leaking washing machine, They are refusing to fix a lot of issues so nhbc are coming to look for their self. Seems they rushed the house to meet end of month figures etc… Read Full Review

Coolhand74's Response to craigmmorq4's Review

Written on: 26/03/2014

Hi
We bought one in Durham also and we are having some issues!
Agree strongly with you regards the house been rushed to meet the Builders targets.
We have damp in the bathrooms,mildew in the loft,and our garden is not usable due to the flooding when it rains.
The above are just a few I could go on and on.
Customer services are non existing!!the speaking clock would be more helpful.
Good luck

“Inspire ??”

Written on: 21/09/2013 by ruby5000 (1 review written)

We paid £200k for a four bedroom detached house, be nice when its finished. The rear gutter pours out rain water ,downstairs toilet basin is cracked, grouting in the downstairs toilet is unfinished, split in the upstairs door frame, patio door jammed. We were promised a six month "snagging" visit to clear up any outstanding problems still waiting … Read Full Review

“papee thin walls!”

Written on: 23/06/2013 by kimtink (1 review written)

Poorly built numorous problems and my toilet roll sheets are thicker than the walls!… Read Full Review

“Bett homes Inspire Birtley”

Written on: 27/04/2013 by Mr1973 (1 review written)

Myself and my wife have just returned from Australia an agreed to buy the 4 bedroom show home on the Inspire development. The sales staff don't know what there doing largely due to their rude manager . We were pushed and pushed and eventually had the agreement from the bank so all looked great. Then we were told the property had been under valued by £35,000 no joke and we would have to stump for another survey that they would pay half and deduct from completion fee. When we questioned what… Read Full Review

“House of horrors”

Written on: 14/04/2013 by Dontommo (1 review written)

Moved in non of the extras have been fitted. Tiles have been poorly fitted, cut short, damaged and I think a blind person could have spaced them out better. Have floating skirting boards, tiles, architrave. Carpet has not been fitted and isn't the same quality that was shown. They gave butchered the windows and it is like having all the windows open. Not plastered or missing plaster board. The paint in plaster is dropping if walks and ceiling. Faulty electric, lights bulbs blowing… Read Full Review

“Rip off over Part Exchange Price”

Written on: 05/04/2013

I wanted to buy a New 4 Bed house, with Part exchange, 2 estate agents turned up, and valued the house, both stating prices bewtween £85,000 and £99,000, depending on how quick a sale wasrequired. A lady rings me and states they now have vaulations in, and get this, values are around the £75,000 from the state agents, just pure lies, they are intent on ripping youoff, will never use Bett or ever recommend them to anyone for this underhand way of doing business, people be wary of this… Read Full Review

Shinahin's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2013

We have just done the same thing - our house was valued at £155,000 per the home report. Two estate agents and a surveyor visited our home this week. We are very happy indeed as we have been offered the £155,000 per home report valuation. I think this is great considering there are 6 other homes for sale in our street and some have been on the market for over a year without selling.

I think that the fact we had a full home report survey with valuation done prior to the part exchange gave us more clout in the negotiations.

“Absolutely shocking customer service and after sales care”

Written on: 09/11/2012

The house itself is great, good size and layout for the money. It's the after sales care that let bett down. Bett homes are terrible at fixing snags, they will acknowledge your snag or complaint and then you get no result! I have had a workman come to paint and he turned up without the paint. I over heard the glazers say that the window frame wouldn't hold the glass for any more than 2 years. There is a smell of sewage in cupboards and ensuites in the houses and bett are making up excuses so… Read Full Review

“Bad sales staff”

Written on: 13/10/2012

I was really set on buying a 4 bed home in the new inspire site Birtley until I read these reviews which sums my experience I had with the sales negotiator who I mad an offer on a near completed property which was declined.Ive since offered full asking price but in return asked the to help with the legal cost as well as carpets and landscaping(which are already in with costs). They have lost my custom. I wish them success in selling the remaining property's all 8 of them at this time of year… Read Full Review

Fannybhatta's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2012

I too visited this development. The 'Sales Negotiator'showed very little interest at all in selling a property. She almost created the impression that they would be doing you a favour by selling one their properties to you.

Jaguar55's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2012

Well I had a phone call from the area sales manager and I've got stamp duty solicitors flooring package and landscaping them I hit them with a much lower sales price which was met with a look of horror but I was a dement. 2 weeks have went buy and low and behold the phone went and the regional manager said I can have all I've asked for if I was still interested I've saved over 10k and there giving me a better offer on my part exchange. I've learned tell them what you want and leave the ball in there court they want your business. I love to haggle there was another 5k I think I could of got but I'm happy with my deal new house for Christmas..

“Bett homes Newmachar, Site manager a Joke.”

Written on: 08/08/2012 by markchalmers (1 review written)

Moved into our home 2011, Terrible workmanship throughout the house, people working on houses with no skills, site manager is a total joke, arragent and has no clue what he is doing, would be better off stacking shelves in Tesco, if you are going to buy a house in Kingseat development DONT do it. Save your money and buy somewhere else. The best thing about this development is the road out and even that needs work done on it… Read Full Review

“Poor workmanship, low quality properties”

Written on: 02/06/2012

Ben Bailey/Gladedale sacrifice quality in order to maximise profits. We've been in our home for almost 12 months, and the list of problems we've had is as follows: - Huge cracks in the walls due to poor joinery (not settling cracks) - Windows, doors and kitchen cupboards that no longer close or open - Filler falling out of the door frames and exposing nails. - Marks on the inside (!) of double-glazed doors and windows - Poor groundwork, uneven with huge rocks making it a nightmare… Read Full Review

Matt7379's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2012

Hi thanks for the review we've just bought a Ben bailey house and we have problems with cracks on ceilings, drafts with the internal door from garage and double glazed window vents, bad tiling and grouting terrible. Radiators not working the list goes on

Amanda and Matt

“Very Poor Customer Service & Poor Workmanship”

Written on: 27/05/2012 by twillardo (1 review written)

Due to initial poor workmanship at the time of building our home, it would appear that Gladedale can't be bothered rectifying the shoddy job that was carried out during the building process. Almost 3 years down the line still trying to resolve issues reported back in 2009. Avoid at all cost… Read Full Review

“Bett Homes - Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 22/03/2012

I bought a flat at Fusion in 2010 and we have had over 20 issues with the property. Two of which were notified only a few months after we bought the property and to date have never been fixed. Leaking window and faulty boiler! Does anyone know what action can be taken? It is turning into a complete joke!… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2012

yes- They are hnbc registered so tell them if they dont sort it you will go through NHBC resolution process. This will cost them hundreds of pounds so they should take action.

NB: they are the worst housebuilding company in England!

“Excellent, No hassle home purchase”

Written on: 06/02/2012 by rraanes (1 review written)

My partner & I recently purchased a Bett Homes (Scotland) in December. We used the part exchange scheme they provide and from viewing the show home, we moved into our new home within 3 weeks. Part Exchange was a breeze. The site sales staff are very knowledgeable and friendly. No hard sales here at all and went out there way to help us in anyway they could. Excellent communications throughout the purchasing process right through to completion one the paperwork and handing over of the… Read Full Review

Cynthia11's Response to rraanes's Review

Written on: 03/04/2013

Richmond Gate?? That's where I intend to buy. I am waiting for them to get back to me on my Part Exchange. Your post gave me the confidence of their quality of service. Thanks!!

Cynthia

Rraanes's reply to Cynthia11's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2013

Hi Cynthia.

That review was posted less than 3 months of moving in to the property. Over a year later now and the impression of Bett has changed some what. Problems with bathroom, patio doors, etc all ongoing snagging issues that have not been resolved yet.

Customer service on site is poor. No call backs, visits when promised, constant chasing up.

Lovely houses but the after care leaves a lot to be desired!

Richard

“Having tried to desperately to purchase a home with...”

Written on: 01/02/2011

Having tried to desperately to purchase a home with Bett homes, and their focus on paperwork and process over common sense, I have given up.

It took eight weeks to get nowhere on a part exchange deal and the hold was continually the sale management team. I feel slightly relieved that if this is how hard it is to give them £200,000, how difficult would it be to get a couple of snagging items repaired?

Not impressed and wouldn't recommend… Read Full Review