John Lewis Kitchens Reviews

John Lewis Kitchens - Ask a question now

“Fitted kitchen”

Written on: 28/11/2014 by Barkerpn477 (1 review written)

John Lewis were absolutely first class from start to finish. Good communication and delivery of units all on time. Kitchen fitter was excellent. Have no complaints at all, a brilliant service… Read Full Review

“"Poor Installation"”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by SEABREEZEHOTEL37 (1 review written)

I had a kitchen fitted by John Lewis 6 Years ago, the fitting was poor, I sent them a snagging list of 300 faults. JL came back on 5times to patch the work up, then their kitchen inspector signed the job off as completed to a satisfactory standard. I did not agree, I paid an Independent Surveyor to carry out a report, he listed 65 faults, stating my kitchen was fitted to a very poor standard. The surveyor said the kitchen needs to be taken out and refitted properly, which John Lewis has refused… Read Full Review

“John Lewis kitchens go to a Mereway kitchens independent”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Mathewb330 (1 review written)

The problem is the installation is not managed and who designed it in the beginner has no contact with the installers. The kitchens are fine it is bad planning and fitting. Fact, John Lewis kitchens are made by Mereway a very good English company that have a good range including hand finished oak and painted ranges, modern clean line Italian inspired that are far better than any German range. 1) Go to an independent kitchen company who will plan, design and install all with their own team of… Read Full Review

Seabreezehotel37's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

I have had a similar experience my John Lewis kitchen was not fitted symmetrical

“Find an Installer”

Written on: 08/01/2014

Why I would never buy a kitchen from John Lewis again As I sat down in John Lewis and said that we would like to buy a kitchen I thought, well it’s a lot of money but we are in good hands. We fondly imagined that at the start of one week we would have a shabby old kitchen and at the end of the week we would have a bright new one. It has been three months of disruption the kitchen is almost finished. John Lewis are quite familiar with installations requiring rectification work and warn you… Read Full Review

“John Lewis - Mereway kitchens”

Written on: 03/01/2014

We were going to purchase our Mereway kitchen through John Lewis but were put off firstly by the price and secondly be the JL fitting reviews. We decided to contact Wentworth Kitchens in Amersham and wee so impressed with their advice we purchased our Mereway kitchen (British made) through them. What a fantastic job by their fitter and we also saved a few thousand pounds, a bonus. The kitchen units are great, arrived fully assembled and are very sturdy. Also we got a great choice of… Read Full Review

“John Lewis (Peter Jones) kitchen disappointment”

Written on: 06/11/2013 by AndreaL99 (1 review written)

I am still only halfway my JL (Peter Jones) kitchen being installed. We chose JL as we wanted to avoid problems. So far -shelf depth is a complete surprise about which we were never told - we told them our main priority for the kitchen was to double our cupboard space and that we were comparing vs. Ikea (which has significantly deeper shelves). They never told us on their visits that their shelf depth was so small compared to our previous shelves - we can't even fit our normal sized dinner… Read Full Review

Chodgson's Response to AndreaL99's Review

Written on: 11/11/2013

We had similar problems. First of all, they changed the delivery date of the units without telling us. So I sat in an entire morning waiting for them to be delivered until a series of phone calls established that the date had been changed. Their delivery men were incredibly rude - one told me off for not advising that the address was a first floor flat. (why should I advise them? The job was assigned to them via the JL kitchen designer). We had a huge problem with the installation of the floor - scheduled to go down before the units. When their (sub-contracted) floor installers arrived, they said the floor could not be installed without significant preparation, which had not been done. We had no idea this needed to be done. The woman we spoke to at the kitchen department actually said, "Well, we would have no idea the floor needed preparation. That would be your responsibility." I said, "The reason we had your JL designer come out and look at the site, was to advise us on excactly these issues. We are not kitchen/flooring experts." She was adamant and very glib about this - but in the end arranged for a sub-contractor to prepare the floor. It was all very stressful, as this fell on a weekend, and had to be completed before the schedule installation of the kitchen units and appliances. In the end it all got done, but it seems like after they had bagged the job via the designer, they just sub-contracted out the work and washed their hands of the entire job. NEVER AGAIN!

“Poor installation”

Written on: 26/03/2013

We had a john lewis kitchen installed 8 years ago. The fitting is subcontracted and whilst the quality of the units is ok, the fitting was very poor. The fitters came back on at least 3 occasions to try and put niggles right. Now eight years on, when the integrated dishwasher needed replacing, the full shoddy nature of the work became clear. My husband installed the replacement dishwasher and for the first time the door now opens properly without catching on the plinth. The integrated… Read Full Review

Annamaria44's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

I'd vote zero stars for John Lewis installation! They came 5 times , each time forgetting something, our kitchen should have been completed and in use a month ago and we are still waiting for them to complete. Terrible organisation. My advice, avoid buying a kitchen at John Lewis. Absolutely!

Scourfld's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2013

Zero is too many stars. Minus something is better. They supplied wrong unit plus failed properly to confirm order details. They fitted wrong units. Head designer started positively who promised remedial work replacement units in two weeks. A month later still not fitted. Indeed, day for fitting is tomorrow. They fail to respond to email to confirm fitting date until the day before when they delay. Head designer too busy travelling UK to answer email. Completely ridiculous and to be avoided. Expensive for such an under whelming service. Lack of attention to detail.

Chodgson's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

Once they've got the job, they just don't care any more. They completely wash their hands of everything.

Chodgson's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2013

We had a terrible experience. The JL designer who assessed the site, failed to tell us the floors needed special preparation before their (sub-contracted) floor installers could put down the floor. When this came to light on the scheduled day of the floor fitting, JL actually told us "We would have no idea about whether the floor needs preparation. That would be your responsibility." I told them, "The reason we had your 'expert' assess the site, is because we are not kitchen/flooring experts. After a huge dispute, they arranged a sub-contractor to prepare the floor in time for the installation ahead of the arrival of the units. Other things went wrong also. The delivery date of the units was changed without notifying us. So I spent a morning waiting for them to be delivered, only to discover the date had been changed. It was just a mess from start to finish and I would never buy a kitchen from John Lewis again.

“Second rate kitchen”

Written on: 08/03/2013 by MIKEthefitter (1 review written)

Just finished fitting a john Lewis kitchen for a customer ,and can't believe the standard of the units that weren't broken . The quality was very poor and a lot of damage with some things missing. Buy at your peril ! Personally I would never buy one from john Lewis… Read Full Review

“Buyer beware”

Written on: 02/04/2012 by Tyr_Delas (1 review written)

I went with John lewis kitchens after gettting estimates from local tradesmen. I decided that John lewis was a brand I could trust. I was also impressed when they said they could handle all the plumbing and electrical work under the same John lewis team that would work together and therefore have a better finished product. This in the end was what made me decide to choose them. Problems started when I had to prompt work to happen, this became a running theme. The job was finished 2 months… Read Full Review

“Looked at purchasing a John Lewis kitchen earlier in...”

Written on: 26/11/2010 by marymullen (1 review written)

Looked at purchasing a John Lewis kitchen earlier in the year however after receiving the quotation I decided to have a look around and discovered that the kitchens supplied by Joh Lewis are from Wentworth.

I found a company on line that also supplies Wentworth kitchens and was amazed with the price difference.

I went through everything with the company to ensure the kitchen was exactly what I wanted and after a few weeks I finally purchased my new kitchen for almost £4000 less than my quote… Read Full Review

Mumsio's Response to marymullen's Review

Written on: 26/04/2011

Very interested in your comments and went straight onto the site you mentioned. They didn't appear to have kitchen furniture to order on line. How did you go about ordering. Thanks Jane

Guest's Response to marymullen's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

Please don't use maloproducts - I made this mistake and they took nearly £10,000 from me and left me with nowhere to live. If I had my time over I would definitely have paid more to go to John Lewis because I ended up paying more than double to finish the mess he left me with.

“We were delighted with our John Lewis kitchen. The...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

We were delighted with our John Lewis kitchen. The choice of appliances was excellent, the quality of the units and fitting were outstanding and the style was exactly what we wanted. The service was also fantastic; with such a complex project as fitting a kitchen into a newly-built kitchen area within a very old building there were bound to be hitches but John Lewis recovered from all issues very quickly. They also did forwards planning, coming on site to meet our builders to arrange… Read Full Review

“I had a new kitchen from them in my last house. I had...”

Written on: 18/05/2010

I had a new kitchen from them in my last house. I had to pay for the design which I wasnt happy about but it was OK. The kitchen comes from Mereway kitchens and the quality was excellent. The fitters were reasonable but not perfect. This time I bought the same kitchen on the Internet form arena-kitchens.co.uk for half the price so a bit depressed about the waste of money. They do the design with you over the Internet which is very good and saves time chasing around local showrooms… Read Full Review

Wendymaisey's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because I'm considering a John Lewis kitchen, but prices very steep!

Gordonm's Comment