XLN Telecom Reviews - www.xlntelecom.co.uk

• Speed Consistency

XLN Telecom www.xlntelecom.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for XLN Telecom www.xlntelecom.co.uk

“Avoid XLN”

Written on: 28/03/2014 by MckaylaDavenport337 (1 review written)

I can't believe that XLN scored 1.7 out of 5.It should 0… Read Full Review

“DONT DO IT! For your own SANITY!!! ”

Written on: 13/02/2014

This is a long review! I took over a hotel in May 2013. The hotel already used XLN for the phone line and the contract was not up until October 2013, so I decided to add broadband. When speaking to the sales department, I explained that I would be happy to take broadband for 1 year, but the phone line would end in October as per the contract, as I could get a much better deal elsewhere. They agreed with this and the sale went through. At this point the staff were lovely, however, this soon… Read Full Review

“STOP THE THROTTLING”

Written on: 12/02/2014

SINCE DAY 1 WE GOT THIS BROADBAND ALL IT HAS DONE IS DISCONNECT CONSTANTLY. AT THE MOST RIDICULOUS TIMES. PLUS WHEN YOU GET THE INTERNET STABLE AGAIN SOME WEB PAGES WILL ONLY HALF-RENDER. ALSO THEY THROTTLE THERE CUSTOMERS RELENTLESSLY. I WOULD NOT WISH THIS BROADBAND UPON AN ENEMY. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL RECTIFY THESE ISSUES AND ALLOW PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY USE THERE SERVICE INSTEAD OF SORTING OUT TECHNICAL ISSUES THAT IS ACTUALLY A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICE.DO NOT BUY INTO THIS BROADBAND… Read Full Review

“Line slammed by xln to own customer no service for 4...”

Written on: 05/12/2013 by Paul-southampton (1 review written)

After months of lying and my own investigation with Offcom xln finally admitted to having slammed my business line. Lost 2 numbers due to their incompetence in August, and finally got it reinstalled in DECEMBER. No compensation offered and cannot even offer old package back. Lost customers no alternative iffered for over 4 MONTHS. Complained has not been answered or investigated by xln. To top it all off i was promised fibre briadband and they told ne today it was not available. When openrwach… Read Full Review

“MISLEADING ABOUT CONTRACT”

Written on: 21/11/2013 by IKRAMG3SEC (1 review written)

OVER CHARGINED ON FIRST BILL WHEN I RENEWED MY PACKAGE AND NO COOLING OFF PERIOD… Read Full Review

Helsinky2K's Response to IKRAMG3SEC's Review

Written on: 22/11/2013

Mr Ikram if you want to get out this contract free of hassel plz email me, I can do that for you, u wont pay any termination charges, and will be switched to new supplier with in 10 days

Xlnbusiness's Response to IKRAMG3SEC's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

I apologise if you are upset with your recent invoice. XLN work hard to provide competitive tariffs for all our customers.

If you would like me to look into your billing query please advise me of your phone number, account number or post code and business name and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Martyn
Correspondence
XLN

Helsinky2K's Response to IKRAMG3SEC's Review

my email is ImShobby@aol.com

“Very Bad Service”

Written on: 13/10/2013

I am using XLN telecom for my business and 1 multi line and another single line with broadband for very long time. As a long time customer i can confirm that i am really not happy with their service. It is a business line for my takeaway. i called them couple of days that i am moving my counter so need to divert my ph calls to my mobile for 2 days but they always tell me that someone will call back and do it but i never get the call back and it made me loss in my business. also they always… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/10/2013

I apologise for any poor service you have received and the inconvenience caused. Please provide your phone or account number and I will investigate this matter for you.

Helsinky2K's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

their customer service is not good at all, what you just mentioned here happened to my many business people, I cant get you out of contract free of hassel and can switch you to other reasonable tarrif with good supplier.
email me at ImShobby@aol.com

“Worthless Broadband and Customer Service”

Written on: 10/10/2013

The Broadband service is very very poor with them... I am running takeaway and i got 3 lines... 1 line is connected with my Broadband and card machine. and other one is a Multi Line. Due to their broadband down time i have lost £4500 business....and when i called up their customer service team they made me hold for 1hour...so you people can understand that whats the condition of their customer service team. They don't even bother that we are a business and business lines and broadband are so… Read Full Review

Helsinky2K's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

YOU are not legally bound to contract since their service is not up to mark and they charging for what u not receiving.
I will get you out of contract free of hassel and you WONT pay any termination fee. and will switch you to other good supplier according to your requirement.
email me at ImShobby@aol.com

“Quick to take money but thats about it”

Written on: 01/10/2013 by nkp20 (1 review written)

I have only just joined xln and Im wishing now I had paid the extra £2 to stay with my previous connection BT. I have phoned them around 20 times now and seem to be getting no where. I signed up 7 weeks ago. They promised they would take care of everything. They asked for the mac code, which I phoned back with minutes later. 2 weeks later no change so I called them, they lost the mac code. They promised that they would send out a router days before the change happened. That never… Read Full Review

Xlnbusiness's Response to nkp20's Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

On behalf of XLN, I apologise for the delays in providing your broadband service and the unsatisfactory product once the broadband was live with XLN. As we discussed, you may move your line back to your old supplier and cancellation fees will be waived given the circumstance. A MAC code was generated today and it has been sent in an SMS to your mobile.
Regards,
Matt
Correspondence
XLN

“Took the ombudsman to sort them out”

Written on: 29/08/2013

Had so many problems with incorrect invoices that after writing several letters of complaint which weren't responded to I eventually went down the route of contacting the ombudsman. Guess what - they didn't even respond to the ombudsman when he asked for their side of the story. Ombudsman made a ruling that due to shocking service I could leave the contract without their exit penalty. Don't be tempted by the initial low prices as they eventually go up, but the service isn't there. I asked… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

On behalf of XLN, I apologise for any inconvenience. If you would like me to look into this matter further, please advise of your phone number, account number or post code and business name.

“Please Do Not Touch”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by aallen444 (1 review written)

After being with them for 6 Six years prices were gradually rising thought it was time for a change. Thinking that I was well out contract which was for 2 years. Little did I know it became a monthly rolling contract which I needed to give 42 days notice. After a very disturbing phone conversation they clearly stated if I changed phone providers I would receive a cancellation fee of £299. I asked for my contract renewal date but they told me I didn't have one. So how can the terms and… Read Full Review

Sakbar's Response to aallen444's Review

Written on: 23/08/2013

I gave them notice after 5 years and was threatened with the cancellation fees. I stopped the transfer, gave notice and then checked with XLN that they had received 42 days notice, which they confirmed. Another transfer was arranged but I still got proforma cancellation invoices of £299 per line. When I phoned them they said it was sent out automatically and was not due. Nice try!
This is even after I had decided to stay on with them, a regrettable decision. Stay clear of them. Almost impossible to talk to anyone, as all numbers seem to end up with the cancellations department.

Wiem's Response to aallen444's Review

Written on: 18/10/2013

Hi.

They are only allowed to charge you for the line rental for the period, eg, 42 days according to their terms and conditions. The cancellation fee only applies to the initial contract period. If you cancel within your first term that have the right charge you. After your minimum term, this is not allowed. Obviously, ther person you were dealing with has no idea about the industry he works in (which is typical of XLN) so should have noticed this and requested the fee to be waived. Stupidly enough, XLN's system applies this fee to any account automatically without human intervention to click a button on your account.

I would write to them, email them and state that they must remove this or you will report them to Otelo/Ofcom. If you do this, they are sure to remove the fee. Don't expect miracles and find that they waive the fee immediately. But they will do with time.

“Worst Company EVER”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by AmbassadorCars (1 review written)

Worst Company EVER We have 8 lines with this company, 8 business lines. All 8 of them have been out of action since Saturday. We have made more than 20 phonecalls to XLN telecom and still the lines have not been repaired. To make things even worse, every time we call them we have to go through the entire process of telling them the whole story, going through the entire account checks and name checks and address checks, which by the 20th time is really, really frustrating. We have contacted BT… Read Full Review

“none existing service”

Written on: 14/08/2013

Dreadful company to deal with . as a business that relies upon telephone/internet use we've been without both for two weeks now they keep blaming Openreach but they deny they have had any instruction. again as somebody else noted they either don't have or won't put you through to a supervisor. We are as a company seeking to terminate contract asap. better off staying with mainstream provider. If anyone has time read up about MD.I wish i had before we signed on dotted line (interesting to say… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2013

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused to your business. Please advise of your phone or account number and I will look into this matter further for you.

“Office Move”

Written on: 07/08/2013

Placed an order to move two numbers (3 lines) to new premises. Received a text message for another number but was then told it was a temporary number to which calls could be diverted. Engineer turns up on schedule but has order for only one number. Phone XLN several times and have had to place a second order. After a lot of apologising I understand that the original order was not completed properly. I now have to wait a further 3 weeks. Appalling service and almost impossible to speak to… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

I am very sorry to hear of the delays in completing your move of premises. Please advise of your phone or account number and I will investigate this matter further.
Regards,
XLN Correspondence Department.

Sakbar's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2013

I have made several verbal complaints and one by e-mail but have not even had an acknowledgement from Customer Services. I have asked the provisioning team to let me speak to a supervisor but apparently there are none. I am still waiting for confirmation to complete the order. All I get are apologies - you must have special training for that. Account number is 4276403.

Sakbar's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2013

After my review I had a call from XLN and they found a Manager to speak to me. I was told by her that someone would contact me before the end of the day. At 5.58 pm I received a text to say that an Engineer would call on 28 August. An advance from the previous 29th August.
I am not exactly jumping for joy. I tried to call the Manager (I now have a direct contact line), but she is away till next week.
Quite pathetic.
SAkbar

“Dreadful 1st installation and response from XLN support”

Written on: 04/08/2013 by edengelert (4 reviews written)

1st time user of XLN and the installation failed at first attempt as team arrived with wrong equipment. After receiving no contact at all from XLN or date for re-install I wrote 4 times to their support team and gained no response whatsoever. I also called 3 times to call centre requesting a call back and each time they failed to do so. Each contact I had with an agent was very very unhelpful and sullen/blunt. Finally I gained my first ever response by writing to the MD (contact me if you want… Read Full Review

“What can be Done about this "company"”

Written on: 01/08/2013 by eve170 (1 review written)

I am on hold to this so called service provider as I write. I used them for the opening of a another office on 20th June 2013. Since then we have had a broadband service for a total of 10 days. The disruption has had a serious effect (oh , they just cut me off after waitning on hold for 25 minutes)on the business as we visit vulnerable people at home ans so rely heavily on email for effective communication. It is more that clear that this service is totally unacceptable so what can you do once… Read Full Review

“beware! ”

Written on: 29/07/2013 by huzaifabora (1 review written)

this company is worse of worse,dont be tempt by their cheap price,save yourself horror of dealing with them very inconsistent and incompetent in their reply.my experience started at the point of sale,very happy to help me infact i used to get 4 -6 calls per day,then appointment of engineer,no one turned up at the date waited for engineer from 8pan till 1 pm. phone them to reappointment othievef engineer,staff were brilliant at one thing and that is to apologize, but no appointment for next… Read Full Review

“stay away they are the worse of the worse”

Written on: 27/07/2013

Customer service is none existant, my "business" broadband has been down for 2 weeks, they seem utererly incapable of even booking an appointment for a BT engineer to solve the problem… Read Full Review

“Customer Service!!!!!!”

Written on: 26/07/2013 by ceb10 (1 review written)

I have not been able to send/receive emails since 22nd July. Reported the problem on the 24th and they promised to report back to me by first thing the next morning. I still haven't heard from them by 08.00 26/07/13. If you call the number on their website all you get is a message saying they have problems with their network and are trying to fix it. Their customer support number is an 0844 code and if you call it they will play music to you all day long. ( A nice little earner, I should… Read Full Review

“worse companey ever”

Written on: 24/07/2013

I warn you guys,do not join this companey,they are really bad at everything,i got i sign a contract 40 days ago and i still have no internet,they are useless i call costumer services everytime they put me on hold min 25 minutes,if you are lucky to speak to them all they say is it will be done tomorrow,and the guy who sold me the package he dissapered,i wanted to cancel the contract but they said first i have to speak to guy that i sign the conract with and he doesnt answer my calls or… Read Full Review

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by Fishbone (1 review written)

They are trained to catch you and do not trust them as they will give you so many excuses and tell you you can speak to the Manegar as he is in a meeting. I have been with them for a while and always phone you up and giving you all the sales talk but I keep saying I don't need anything until one lunch time I did not want to be rude and put the phone down as this guy keeps saying that this contract will be so much better for you and I got fed up and agreed to accepting the contact for 2 years… Read Full Review