Tannoy 632 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Tannoy 632 - Ask a question now

Tannoy 632

“Tannoy 632 Black Ash D20 Speakers”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by SERCOM (1 review written)

At first, the sound on these speakers didn't grab me, i thought it may be my amp, an Arcam Alpha 5 or maybe it was my speaker stands. But after adjusting tonal and stand placements the speakers started to sing. I decided to change my Amp and in doing so found a Denon PMA-255UK Amp at the right price. Since the addition of the Amp, the sound is a lot clearer, bass response is a lot tighter and more refined without being wooly. Rest of my equipment is a Technics RS-BX606 Cassette Desk, a Sony… Read Full Review

Tannoy 632

“The Tannoy 632 speakers have good sound with minimal...”

Written on: 15/05/2009 by THX Dude (1 review written)

The Tannoy 632 speakers have good sound with minimal positioning fuss. good sensetivity.good dynamic range and quite good frequency response too. have had many speakers over the years and the Tannoys are the only ones i've held onto… Read Full Review

Innerspace's Response to THX Dude's Review

Written on: 01/05/2012

For roughly the same price, its possible to buy a pair of Tannoy DC100 or DC200 which have more conventional shaped cabinets but sound at least ten or twenty times better.

Tannoy 632

“I came across this immaculate pair of 632s in a...”

Written on: 10/07/2008 by InnerSpace (12 reviews written)

I came across this immaculate pair of 632s in a girlfriends apartment and was immediately interested. They were connected to an Ok make mini system but the sound was very lacking in bass and the tone was quite awful.
After a couple of months, I was asked to sort out an improved system for her and these speakers were given to me along with the old mini-System.
As I have always been fond of Tannoy speakers I decided that I had to convince myself they were any good before I eBayed… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to InnerSpace's Review

Written on: 30/09/2011

Having read this review i am more than a little surprised at the
comments.
I have been a HiFi fan since the 60's and during the 70's was a
part time assistant in an independant audio store. In fact i was
there when the now classic standard Lin LP12 was launched.
So you see, i have good grounding in the audio field. I came
across a pair of 632's this week for £30.00 and could not resist
giving them a chance, i'm glad i did. I hooked them up to my
old Quad 33/303, what a sweet sound. I honestly can't see,
or hear, much to critisize. Maybe they do benefit from a bass
friendly amp, i wont deny that, but they dont deserve what
has been said by previous reviewer, rubbish!.

Innerspace's Response to InnerSpace's Review

Written on: 26/10/2011

People who criticize reviews without registering a username are usually trying to sell the product on eBay or elsewhere and have referred to their own review or comment to try and improve the price their goods achieve.
What is my motivation for giving an old set of cheap speakers a bad review if they did not warrant it ?