Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire Reviews

Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire

Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire

“The driver and the Rolls Royce (a lovely car) arrived...”

Written on: 02/06/2014

The driver and the Rolls Royce (a lovely car) arrived in good time at our daughter's flat and waited patiently for the bride and father to depart to the church. He took them to the church and the bride and groom to the reception in an efficient and courteous way. We could not have wished for a better service. Very satisfied customer - Barnet, London… Read Full Review

“Relax - the driver is in charge!”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by green554 (1 review written)

Found Allied on Google and phoned the number about 3 months before the wedding date and from the start our wedding seemed to be the most important that they were dealing with. Details were then checked again nearer to the date and then again 2 days before. On the day the driver arrived very early and helped to put ribbons on our other (not special) car! He knew how to assist the photographer both before leaving for the church and on arrival. During the journey he kept everything very calm and… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 03/12/2013 by emavrbb (1 review written)

My wife and I recently hired a white Rolls Royce from Allied Wedding Cars for our daughter's wedding in rural Bucks. Everything went smoothly. The company kept in close contact right up to the day itself. The car arrived on time and was exactly what we had ordered. The driver was well dressed, courteous and very helpful. Most of all the bride and groom were delighted… Read Full Review

“Daughter's Wedding”

Written on: 22/11/2013

We found Allied cars by searching on Google. We were very impressed by the range of cars they had on offer. On the day of the wedding the driver turned up very early and was very helpful and co operative during the time he spent with us. All the guest at the wedding was very complimentary about the very humourous way the driver behaved making everyone feel very comfortable… Read Full Review

“Daughters wedding”

Written on: 14/11/2013 by Geoffersintext (1 review written)

My daughter got married earlier this year and we hired two cars. We had a slight mishap with one of the drivers but that was unforeseen (he was taken into hospital with a collapsed lung ). We had to search round for another car a couple of days before the wedding but they came through with flying colours. The two cars turned up as arranged on the day on time and everything went as smooth as a nut from then on,both of the cars and the drivers were immaculate. I would recommend the company to… Read Full Review

“Another very satisfied customer”

Written on: 11/11/2013

My daughter & prospective husband chose one of your lovely vintage Rolls-Royce's for their wedding in April. The car ( and driver in full vintage regalia ) arrived beautifully turned out & despite a half-hour Bridal delay, this was no problem - the driver being more than courteous; careful driving & happy to do plenty of posed photos outside the church with hood down; then stopping round the corner to put the hood back up for the journey to the reception, where again there were plenty more… Read Full Review

“I found Allied Wedding Cars on Google and noticed that...”

Written on: 10/11/2013

I found Allied Wedding Cars on Google and noticed that they had a very large number of wedding cars to choose from. I phoned them late in the evening expecting to get an answering machine but I was surprised to get a very helpful lady who was able to answer all my questions and gave me a very nice price, so I ordered the two cars I wanted. The cars both turned up half an hour early and were much better than the pictures. I was very pleased with the cars, the chauffeur and the very excellent… Read Full Review

“We were reccomended to Allied Wedding cars by a friend...”

Written on: 21/10/2013 by Alexander123456 (1 review written)

We were reccomended to Allied Wedding cars by a friend of ours who was a previous customer and had been highly satisfied. We booked a beautiful 1926 Rolls Royce. We didn't have any problem with the office administration who were very efficient and punctual… Read Full Review

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by jaxkelly (1 review written)

Your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life - please, please DO NOT use Allied Wedding Cars - the company is an absolute shambles - the owner is initially very charming and courteous but as your wedding looms nearer you will find out that he is completely disorganised and unprofessional. I am not going to go into every painful detail of my dealings with this company, to summarise we didn't get the car we wanted and had to put up with second best - and all attempts to speak to… Read Full Review

“Charming up to a point, then highly frustrating”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by dk0586 (1 review written)

I quite enjoyed dealing with this company to begin with. It seemed quite charming in that everything is done the old fashioned way (no electronic correspondence and payment by cheque/cash only). I was naive in thinking that charming and old fashioned meant good service. I booked a car with this company approx. 9 months in advance of our wedding day - specifically asking for the white jaguar mkII. I was told this was fine and everything would be in order for the day. One week before the day… Read Full Review

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 05/09/2013

We are extremely sorry that the customer was dissatisfied with our service.

First of all the driver of the car was taken ill and nobody else was insured to drive his pride and joy even if the driver had allowed. With the vast majority of wedding car companies they have only got a few cars and never have two of any one model so they would just have had to cancel the booking and give a refund.

When this happens to us we put in a great deal of effort ringing round the trade to find a replacement.. We made over 20 phone calls to help the customer and eventually found somebody who could do it. Unfortunately they proved to be unreliable (not our fault) and let both of us down. At the very last minute we had to send a red car rather than send no car at all, which would have been a disaster for the bride.

We earned no money doing this as the red car owner charged us the retail price.

We deny most emphatically that we were avoiding the customer, that is a lie. We rang his mother because he was not answering his phone when we kept ringing him and we thought it better that some member of the family knew what was going on and that the car could have been cancelled the day before and a full refund would have been made.

The customer should have been grateful to us for all the effort we put in on his behalf, not complaining. A red car was better than no car at all.

Jaxkelly's reply to Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Well that is hilarious "The customer should have been grateful to us for all the effort we put in on his behalf, not complaining. A red car was better than no car at all" and you call yourselves professional?

Jaxkelly's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 25/09/2013

I really feel for you - this is EXACTLY what happened to me! This guy obviously uses the same excuses time and time again! Well to be fair, he does get a bit creative as the excuses do vary - sometimes the driver "Has had an accident and the car is written off" or "The driver becomes ill and can't make the booking" or I'm sure I saw a response from him once where one of his driver's had "Had a stroke and died"!!!!!! Not a very lucky bunch are they ;-)

Dk0586's reply to Jaxkelly's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

I believe he expected to disappoint ; he told me that the "drivers of his cars are all very old" followed by "they frequently suffer from health issues" (the second quotation may not be entirely accurate, but words to that effect...) several weeks before we were informed that the driver had been taken ill and the car was going to be different to that which we booked. Even then, it was communicated that the wrong car was booked by the driver of the car, who is/was a contractor for the allied wedding cars. Not by the company's owner

According to the driver, the car he was driving (the wrong car) had been booked for our wedding for several months. The car we wanted must have been retired a long time before our wedding day, or it never existed in the first place...

Jaxkelly's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 25/09/2013

I completely agree with the above review! This company is nothing but a rip off!

“Not what exactly what i booked, a bit of a let down.”

Written on: 06/01/2013 by VickiFairman (1 review written)

I booked a routemaster London red bus for my guests & i also booked a Beaufort Beauford for me. When i first spoke to allied i made it very clear (because every bride knows exactly how many bridesmaids they have on the day) that i needed a car to transport me, my mum, head bridesmaid and my 16mt old daughter in a car seat to the venue, and to also take my 3 other bridesmaides to the venue first. I was told to find a car on there site that i liked and they would tell me if it would be… Read Full Review

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

Could we please have the customer's name and the date of the wedding so that we can look up the correspondence?

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 03/02/2013

Reference the complaint of January 6th.

We have the following comments to make.

Whilst we are highly sympathetic to the customer’s situation we feel that she must take the blame for her disappointment.

It is extremely rare for a bride to bring a baby with her to her wedding. This has never ever happened to us before.

We advertise vintage and classic cars dating from 1926 and seat belts were not supplied until after 1965 and not made compulsory until 1985, that is common knowledge and if she was too young to know this then her parents or grandparents should have warned her to ensure the vintage car she chose would have a seat belt.

We regret we cannot accept responsibility for her error although in one breath the customer says to quote “the good thing about Allied Wedding Cars is that they are prompt with returning your calls and keep you up to date with the suppliers and timings etc. The man I was dealing with was very helpful and nice at Allied, and then in the next sentence she says we are a shambles.” A remark we object to.

Reference the London Bus she did not specify a colour.

We are glad, to quote, it did not impact on her day.

With regards to the remark of seats required we assumed that this baby would have been carried on somebody’s lap, so a 3 seater would have been adequate. Once again we have no knowledge of how babies are transported nowadays as we did not own a car when our children were babies.

To maintain our very high standard we write to every customer after their wedding asking for any complaints. She ignored our letter and wrote to Review.Com instead.

Vickifairman's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

Vicki Fairman, date 16th November 2012.
I would like to add that the Beauforth Beauford was a beautiful car, the driver was professional, on time and a lovely man. None of this was his fault, he even waited around longer than expected after for photos, so i am pleased with him, its Allied that i have my complaint with. I have since had harassing letters and calls asking me to write a review for Allied, i understand that that is your company policy to get reviews and that they are important but maybe not so many of them. Perhaps it will be better if you offer a contract to customers via post or email so that they can check times and details at the time of booking - it would smooth out all the potential problems. I had 2 calls leading up to my wedding to go over times that the bus should pick up my guests, despite that the bus company had to call me to check as Allied had told them a hr later and they were concerned that they wouldn't get to the venue on time. I confirmed with them, then they had to call again as they was told again that it was wrong and that wasn't the time id wanted - despite me going over it with Allied at the time of booking and twice on the phone. I doesn't look like there's a system in place to keep these details for clients either. If you can look at all this that would be great, i think some improvements need to be made somewhere. Thank Vicki

“Wonderful service”

Written on: 04/01/2013

I recently came to England from Italy for my daughter's wedding and I needed a car to make the appropriate impression. I found Allied Wedding Cars on google and booked a lovely car with them over the phone. The gentleman who answered the phone was very good, intelligent and patietn with me. The car arrived 30 minutes early and was in immaculate condition and so was the driver. The driver was very good and extremely helpful. We were very pleased and highly recommend this service… Read Full Review

“excellent professional service”

Written on: 18/12/2012

I went to my niece's wedding recently and was so impressed with the beautiful cars that i asked where they had come from so i can book for the future (with 3 daughters i may have a busy time ahead) and wanted a first class service this was certainly provided. My brother said Allied wedding cars were one of the few companies to show their prices on their web site, there was no extra charges ...and it included a free bottle of champagne! The car arrived 1/2 hr early which helped my niece relax… Read Full Review

“SPECTACULAR SERVICE, WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND”

Written on: 18/11/2012

We knew exactly the car we wanted to hire for our wedding; it was just a case of finding it. Having searched the internet I came across Allied Wedding Cars; I was particularly excited when I stumbled across the car of our dreams. I contacted Allied straight away, the chap who organised the hire was extremely lovely and helpful. We hired the Morse type Jag in Red - it matched my Bridesmaids dresses to perfection. When the Car arrived to take me to the Church it took my breathe away...I was… Read Full Review

“Our Wedding July 26th”

Written on: 10/11/2012

Dear Allied, Thank you foe helpling to make our day so perfect with the wonderful car and service you provided for us on July 26th. We could not have asked for more. The car was absolutely stunning and the attention to detail was wonderful - down to th pink champagne when we arrived at Danesfield House - it is our favourite. We have some wonderful photos of the car as a memory of our perfect day. We will certainly you to friends and family. Many thanks again, Sophie and James Ellis… Read Full Review

“Chaotic, worried they wouldn't turn up!”

Written on: 27/10/2012 by GCutting (1 review written)

Found the specific car we wanted for our wedding day on 22nd Sep via this company. Sent numerous email enquiries through the website with no response. Eventually called and was told they had been away and they would get to my mail in due course. Still nothing. Called again but they were busy so would call back, which in their favour they did. Dictated over the phone exactly word for word how the request should be written - address on the right NOT the left, NOT THE LEFT!!! Had no confirmation… Read Full Review

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to GCutting's Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

To reviewcentre.com

Reference the complaint of October 27th 2012; we have the following comments to make.

First of all let me say how sorry we are that we could not give this customer the sort of service we have given to many thousands of customers over 50 years due to the holiday period creating great pressure for us which we could not cope with as we would normally have liked to do.

We will deal with each complaint individually.

Number 1.

We agree we did not answer her various emails because we were on holiday – Sorry for this holiday.

Number 2.

Eventually she managed to get through on the phone to us after we returned from our holiday. We informed her that we were swamped with calls and that eventually we would return her calls when we reached her order in the huge pile we had.

We did call her back as promised when a request was made for a receipt for the deposit, we told her that she would get one eventually once we had cleared the backlog of orders. i.e.145. She eventually received a receipt.

Her complaint about a refund was taken totally out of context. She asked us first “What will happen if the car does not turn up”? We then answered her question which is exactly what we do to all customers’ questions.

Anybody asking the same question we would also pay compensation without being asked for it

We apologise for getting the day and date wrong which is why we always send out any acknowledgement with receipt for the customer to check the accuracy of all the details. These errors were due to huge pressure due to the holiday period after the 3 week holiday.

The acknowledgement was written by a partially sighted person, under the company policy of equal opportunity employment, to give employment to disabled people. Once again we send our apologies.

We hope that she understands the problems we have with external drivers and other companies.

This complaint was only one of two we had from approximately 400 bookings in 2012.

This customer admits she made lots of unnecessary calls, which were not necessary. Her complaint about getting the driver’s wrong is incorrect. We have to change drivers for many different business reasons and then change the details we gave her. She did not order champagne on her signed order so we did not supply it. All drivers leave the reception as soon as they drop the bride unless they have specifically stated they want the car to stay for photographs which may have incurred extra charges. No such request was made on the order form.

When we wrote to her after the wedding, as we do to all customers after their wedding, to see if they were satisfied or otherwise we asked her to write directly to us if she was dissatisfied, or to write to you if she was satisfied.

If she had written to us with her complaint instead of you we could have given her compensation, but as wrote to you instead we cancelled the potential compensation.

We are both losers because of her error.

Jaxkelly's reply to Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Thank you for your response Allied Wedding Cars - you have just given me the biggest laugh I have had all day! You have such a vivid imagination - have you ever thought of a career as a novelist? Writing fiction would suit you most!

“Good Service”

Written on: 23/10/2012 by Mrsjasonwilliams (1 review written)

We used allied cars for our wedding on 1 September 2012, the service we recieved was good. Allied cars were also very clear about what we had to say in our letter of instruction. The booking was carried out promptly and we were able to contact Allied cars regarding any issues we had. The car was perfect, it was beautful, it was my dream vintage car. The driver was very nice, friendly and polite. The driver was very helpful he even took extra bags in the car for us. The car and total… Read Full Review

“wedding day”

Written on: 18/10/2012 by shelleyzak (1 review written)

would defo recommend them, had them for my wedding found the driver to be very pleasent and friendly. we had a march going on the day of our wedding and the driver turned up 2 hours early and just sat and waited outside just so he knew he wouldnt be late, we left earlier than planned ang got there in plently of time, once again thank you for making our day special from shelley… Read Full Review

“Highy recommended wedding cars ”

Written on: 16/10/2012

We wanted two white Rolls Royces for our daughters wedding in June.Nearer the day we were told one would be silver but as it happened this turned out to be a bonus ,as the bride ,dressed in white went in the white car and the bridesmaids dressed in silver grey travelled in the silver car .All our guests thought we had planned it that way . The drivers arrived in good time and were very patient. One driver made two trips to the church with bridesmaids. They transported grandparents in one car… Read Full Review

“Great car, lovely driver.”

Written on: 16/10/2012

We found the website from searching online and chose a car. The booking process is slightly outdated in that it has to be done by post and cheque, rather than by email, but this wasn’t a major concern for me (in fact it added a little to the charm in ordering a vintage car!). Each step was very clearly explained by the person taking the booking, including instructions about calling to confirm our deposit had been received & booking made to ensure there was no confusion or disappointment at a… Read Full Review