Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire Reviews

Media Gallery for Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire

Allied Wedding Cars Hertfordshire

“60th Wedding Addiversary”

Written on: 17/10/2014

Good value for money and were very obliging when I said I needed a 1954 car to tie in with the year of the wedding. Could do with uptodate equipment as I asked to see what the car looked like (not in listings) and he sent a small, scrappy photocopy in the post; hand-written envelope in felt-pen and no note. A little bit of finesse would be nice. It did not matter in the greater scheme of things. Yes, the driver was the owner, as mentioned in other reviews, but that is irrelevant. He had a… Read Full Review

“This so called WEDDING CAR COMPANY company is actually...”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by tokelosha (1 review written)

This so called WEDDING CAR COMPANY company is actually an agency through which one books cars, they DO NOT own directly any of the vehicles shown in the photographs - those belong to owner/drivers who occasionally do work for this agency. Beware, all is not as it seems - you - like me, will be stung by a person who does not deserve to take you for a ride. Once something goes wrong, like no contract turns up, you will not hear from these people again. The give away is you will be asked for a… Read Full Review

“extremely bad people”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Egan367 (1 review written)

they will take your money, they will leave you high and dry. They will make up the most insane excuses - dead driver - driver in ambulance - driver lost the way - driver never turned up - hire a taxi - have not got your payment - have not got your payment - have not got your payment - do not know how to use a phone - refuse to confirm any details - BEWARE FELLOW PEOPLE… Read Full Review

“poor quality for sure”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by swazioak (1 review written)

This web site belongs to a totally bad person who makes up his own reviews… Read Full Review

Tokelosha's Response to swazioak's Review

Written on: 26/08/2014

very true, this company is a rip-off and totally unreliable

Sattan's reply to Tokelosha's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2014

They took my cash and I never heard from them again - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

“Wedding Car - Silver Cloud”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by AWilliams113 (1 review written)

We hired a Silver Cloud from Allied Cars for our wedding in May this year. The price of the Silver Cloud offered great value for money....which was key to us as we were only travelling about 5 miles in total from house to church to reception, but still wanted a vintage car. The car arrived in good time on the day, the vehicle was immaculate in both condition and cleanliness. The driver was well turned out, charming and courteous. The booking process could be slicker if it could be done online… Read Full Review

Sattan's Response to AWilliams113's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

this sounds like one of the company's own reviews - nothing like the 'exceptional deals' we had where nothing happened and the owner would not phone us back

Tokelosha's Response to AWilliams113's Review

Written on: 11/09/2014

What, are you crazy. Allied Wedding Cars writes its own reviews. Show us your address A Williams, one which can verify you are real.

Awilliams113's reply to Tokelosha's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2014

Rather than be rude to people calling them crazy..why don't just post your own negative review of your own experience, rather than commenting on mine in the way you have. That way anyone using this site can take a balanced view of all reviews...surely that's the point of this site?

I don't work for them (I hired a car for my wedding, which thank fully arrived), but I am not going to put personal details on a website such as this.

Chumpy.chop's Response to AWilliams113's Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

you must be off your rocker or work for the company - they are the most unreliable company I have come across

Awilliams113's Response to AWilliams113's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

This review was not written by the company itself. I hired a car for my wedding, and thankfully had a good experience. Sorry to hear that you did not.

Sattan's reply to Awilliams113's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2014

yes, the owner is a total farce, he has done this to a few people of late, taken their money and refused to supply a receipt, refused to answer phone calls, refused to re-pay the cash paid. Glad to hear you had a good day, this company HAS left people phoning for taxi's at the last minute - then no contact, refuses contact with money in HIS pocket. Allied Wedding Cars must be the most terrible thing that one can come across.

“The driver and the Rolls Royce (a lovely car) arrived...”

Written on: 02/06/2014

The driver and the Rolls Royce (a lovely car) arrived in good time at our daughter's flat and waited patiently for the bride and father to depart to the church. He took them to the church and the bride and groom to the reception in an efficient and courteous way. We could not have wished for a better service. Very satisfied customer - Barnet, London… Read Full Review

“Relax - the driver is in charge!”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by green554 (1 review written)

Found Allied on Google and phoned the number about 3 months before the wedding date and from the start our wedding seemed to be the most important that they were dealing with. Details were then checked again nearer to the date and then again 2 days before. On the day the driver arrived very early and helped to put ribbons on our other (not special) car! He knew how to assist the photographer both before leaving for the church and on arrival. During the journey he kept everything very calm and… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 03/12/2013 by emavrbb (1 review written)

My wife and I recently hired a white Rolls Royce from Allied Wedding Cars for our daughter's wedding in rural Bucks. Everything went smoothly. The company kept in close contact right up to the day itself. The car arrived on time and was exactly what we had ordered. The driver was well dressed, courteous and very helpful. Most of all the bride and groom were delighted… Read Full Review

“Daughter's Wedding”

Written on: 22/11/2013

We found Allied cars by searching on Google. We were very impressed by the range of cars they had on offer. On the day of the wedding the driver turned up very early and was very helpful and co operative during the time he spent with us. All the guest at the wedding was very complimentary about the very humourous way the driver behaved making everyone feel very comfortable… Read Full Review

“Daughters wedding”

Written on: 14/11/2013 by Geoffersintext (1 review written)

My daughter got married earlier this year and we hired two cars. We had a slight mishap with one of the drivers but that was unforeseen (he was taken into hospital with a collapsed lung ). We had to search round for another car a couple of days before the wedding but they came through with flying colours. The two cars turned up as arranged on the day on time and everything went as smooth as a nut from then on,both of the cars and the drivers were immaculate. I would recommend the company to… Read Full Review

“Another very satisfied customer”

Written on: 11/11/2013

My daughter & prospective husband chose one of your lovely vintage Rolls-Royce's for their wedding in April. The car ( and driver in full vintage regalia ) arrived beautifully turned out & despite a half-hour Bridal delay, this was no problem - the driver being more than courteous; careful driving & happy to do plenty of posed photos outside the church with hood down; then stopping round the corner to put the hood back up for the journey to the reception, where again there were plenty more… Read Full Review

“I found Allied Wedding Cars on Google and noticed that...”

Written on: 10/11/2013

I found Allied Wedding Cars on Google and noticed that they had a very large number of wedding cars to choose from. I phoned them late in the evening expecting to get an answering machine but I was surprised to get a very helpful lady who was able to answer all my questions and gave me a very nice price, so I ordered the two cars I wanted. The cars both turned up half an hour early and were much better than the pictures. I was very pleased with the cars, the chauffeur and the very excellent… Read Full Review

“We were reccomended to Allied Wedding cars by a friend...”

Written on: 21/10/2013 by Alexander123456 (1 review written)

We were reccomended to Allied Wedding cars by a friend of ours who was a previous customer and had been highly satisfied. We booked a beautiful 1926 Rolls Royce. We didn't have any problem with the office administration who were very efficient and punctual… Read Full Review

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by jaxkelly (1 review written)

Your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life - please, please DO NOT use Allied Wedding Cars - the company is an absolute shambles - the owner is initially very charming and courteous but as your wedding looms nearer you will find out that he is completely disorganised and unprofessional. I am not going to go into every painful detail of my dealings with this company, to summarise we didn't get the car we wanted and had to put up with second best - and all attempts to speak to… Read Full Review

Tokelosha's Response to jaxkelly's Review

Written on: 12/09/2014

Mr Sherrock will not phone you back if you have an issue, he will avoid you like the plague ...................

“Charming up to a point, then highly frustrating”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by dk0586 (1 review written)

I quite enjoyed dealing with this company to begin with. It seemed quite charming in that everything is done the old fashioned way (no electronic correspondence and payment by cheque/cash only). I was naive in thinking that charming and old fashioned meant good service. I booked a car with this company approx. 9 months in advance of our wedding day - specifically asking for the white jaguar mkII. I was told this was fine and everything would be in order for the day. One week before the day… Read Full Review

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 05/09/2013

We are extremely sorry that the customer was dissatisfied with our service.

First of all the driver of the car was taken ill and nobody else was insured to drive his pride and joy even if the driver had allowed. With the vast majority of wedding car companies they have only got a few cars and never have two of any one model so they would just have had to cancel the booking and give a refund.

When this happens to us we put in a great deal of effort ringing round the trade to find a replacement.. We made over 20 phone calls to help the customer and eventually found somebody who could do it. Unfortunately they proved to be unreliable (not our fault) and let both of us down. At the very last minute we had to send a red car rather than send no car at all, which would have been a disaster for the bride.

We earned no money doing this as the red car owner charged us the retail price.

We deny most emphatically that we were avoiding the customer, that is a lie. We rang his mother because he was not answering his phone when we kept ringing him and we thought it better that some member of the family knew what was going on and that the car could have been cancelled the day before and a full refund would have been made.

The customer should have been grateful to us for all the effort we put in on his behalf, not complaining. A red car was better than no car at all.

Jaxkelly's reply to Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Well that is hilarious "The customer should have been grateful to us for all the effort we put in on his behalf, not complaining. A red car was better than no car at all" and you call yourselves professional?

Jaxkelly's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 25/09/2013

I really feel for you - this is EXACTLY what happened to me! This guy obviously uses the same excuses time and time again! Well to be fair, he does get a bit creative as the excuses do vary - sometimes the driver "Has had an accident and the car is written off" or "The driver becomes ill and can't make the booking" or I'm sure I saw a response from him once where one of his driver's had "Had a stroke and died"!!!!!! Not a very lucky bunch are they ;-)

Dk0586's reply to Jaxkelly's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

I believe he expected to disappoint ; he told me that the "drivers of his cars are all very old" followed by "they frequently suffer from health issues" (the second quotation may not be entirely accurate, but words to that effect...) several weeks before we were informed that the driver had been taken ill and the car was going to be different to that which we booked. Even then, it was communicated that the wrong car was booked by the driver of the car, who is/was a contractor for the allied wedding cars. Not by the company's owner

According to the driver, the car he was driving (the wrong car) had been booked for our wedding for several months. The car we wanted must have been retired a long time before our wedding day, or it never existed in the first place...

Jaxkelly's Response to dk0586's Review

Written on: 25/09/2013

I completely agree with the above review! This company is nothing but a rip off!

“Not what exactly what i booked, a bit of a let down.”

Written on: 06/01/2013 by VickiFairman (1 review written)

I booked a routemaster London red bus for my guests & i also booked a Beaufort Beauford for me. When i first spoke to allied i made it very clear (because every bride knows exactly how many bridesmaids they have on the day) that i needed a car to transport me, my mum, head bridesmaid and my 16mt old daughter in a car seat to the venue, and to also take my 3 other bridesmaides to the venue first. I was told to find a car on there site that i liked and they would tell me if it would be… Read Full Review

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

Could we please have the customer's name and the date of the wedding so that we can look up the correspondence?

Alliedweddingcarsgerrardscross's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 03/02/2013

Reference the complaint of January 6th.

We have the following comments to make.

Whilst we are highly sympathetic to the customer’s situation we feel that she must take the blame for her disappointment.

It is extremely rare for a bride to bring a baby with her to her wedding. This has never ever happened to us before.

We advertise vintage and classic cars dating from 1926 and seat belts were not supplied until after 1965 and not made compulsory until 1985, that is common knowledge and if she was too young to know this then her parents or grandparents should have warned her to ensure the vintage car she chose would have a seat belt.

We regret we cannot accept responsibility for her error although in one breath the customer says to quote “the good thing about Allied Wedding Cars is that they are prompt with returning your calls and keep you up to date with the suppliers and timings etc. The man I was dealing with was very helpful and nice at Allied, and then in the next sentence she says we are a shambles.” A remark we object to.

Reference the London Bus she did not specify a colour.

We are glad, to quote, it did not impact on her day.

With regards to the remark of seats required we assumed that this baby would have been carried on somebody’s lap, so a 3 seater would have been adequate. Once again we have no knowledge of how babies are transported nowadays as we did not own a car when our children were babies.

To maintain our very high standard we write to every customer after their wedding asking for any complaints. She ignored our letter and wrote to Review.Com instead.

Vickifairman's Response to VickiFairman's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

Vicki Fairman, date 16th November 2012.
I would like to add that the Beauforth Beauford was a beautiful car, the driver was professional, on time and a lovely man. None of this was his fault, he even waited around longer than expected after for photos, so i am pleased with him, its Allied that i have my complaint with. I have since had harassing letters and calls asking me to write a review for Allied, i understand that that is your company policy to get reviews and that they are important but maybe not so many of them. Perhaps it will be better if you offer a contract to customers via post or email so that they can check times and details at the time of booking - it would smooth out all the potential problems. I had 2 calls leading up to my wedding to go over times that the bus should pick up my guests, despite that the bus company had to call me to check as Allied had told them a hr later and they were concerned that they wouldn't get to the venue on time. I confirmed with them, then they had to call again as they was told again that it was wrong and that wasn't the time id wanted - despite me going over it with Allied at the time of booking and twice on the phone. I doesn't look like there's a system in place to keep these details for clients either. If you can look at all this that would be great, i think some improvements need to be made somewhere. Thank Vicki

“Wonderful service”

Written on: 04/01/2013

I recently came to England from Italy for my daughter's wedding and I needed a car to make the appropriate impression. I found Allied Wedding Cars on google and booked a lovely car with them over the phone. The gentleman who answered the phone was very good, intelligent and patietn with me. The car arrived 30 minutes early and was in immaculate condition and so was the driver. The driver was very good and extremely helpful. We were very pleased and highly recommend this service… Read Full Review

“excellent professional service”

Written on: 18/12/2012

I went to my niece's wedding recently and was so impressed with the beautiful cars that i asked where they had come from so i can book for the future (with 3 daughters i may have a busy time ahead) and wanted a first class service this was certainly provided. My brother said Allied wedding cars were one of the few companies to show their prices on their web site, there was no extra charges ...and it included a free bottle of champagne! The car arrived 1/2 hr early which helped my niece relax… Read Full Review

“SPECTACULAR SERVICE, WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND”

Written on: 18/11/2012

We knew exactly the car we wanted to hire for our wedding; it was just a case of finding it. Having searched the internet I came across Allied Wedding Cars; I was particularly excited when I stumbled across the car of our dreams. I contacted Allied straight away, the chap who organised the hire was extremely lovely and helpful. We hired the Morse type Jag in Red - it matched my Bridesmaids dresses to perfection. When the Car arrived to take me to the Church it took my breathe away...I was… Read Full Review

“Our Wedding July 26th”

Written on: 10/11/2012

Dear Allied, Thank you foe helpling to make our day so perfect with the wonderful car and service you provided for us on July 26th. We could not have asked for more. The car was absolutely stunning and the attention to detail was wonderful - down to th pink champagne when we arrived at Danesfield House - it is our favourite. We have some wonderful photos of the car as a memory of our perfect day. We will certainly you to friends and family. Many thanks again, Sophie and James Ellis… Read Full Review