Pioneer DVD 116 16x Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Pioneer DVD 116 16x - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pioneer DVD 116 16x

Pioneer DVD 116 16x

“As my CD--RW was becoming quickly obsolete, I had many...”

Written on: 02/04/2007 by dblock (25 reviews written)

As my CD--RW was becoming quickly obsolete, I had many different options and choices to go for, all where pretty similar in specification and in also in price, so I thought that any of the following manufactures: LG, Sony, Pioneer would provide almost identical products. After all they are all the same aren't they?

Well the answer to the question is that they are and they aren't oddly enough, if you are a rare user, then it shouldn't really matter too much, disk writing errors are rather low… Read Full Review

Pioneer DVD 116 16x

“I rent a lot of movies and watch them on my computer. ...”

Written on: 12/12/2005 by randar (1 review written)

I rent a lot of movies and watch them on my computer. I bought a Pioneer 116, but found that it could not read many movie DVD's. Oldboy, World at War, etc. I was running the 1.22 latest firmware and there have not been any updates since 2001.

I eventually gave up and bought a Sony DDU1615, popped in the same DVD's and it worked.

It also damaged a DVD that I rented when I had a video error, forcing me to buy the entire box set.

It's turned out to be a very expensive DVD player… Read Full Review

Munchkin1's Response to randar's Review

Written on: 11/04/2006

i also have this player and find it does not play back all dvd's, yet my hubbies comp has an nec 3500 and plays all dvds fine, so i am purchasing this one instead.

sorry just my opinion, if you wish to use it for anything else it is fine, for game dvd etc. I believe its the rented dvds that have an issue.

Pioneer DVD 116 16x

“This is a very fast and reliable DVD-Rom, it is the...”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by Tim. (1 review written)

This is a very fast and reliable DVD-Rom, it is the only DVD-ROM that I have ever seen that has DMA-66 (double the speed of any other DVD-ROM and for that matter any CD-ROM) support, plus it's cheap… Read Full Review

66815_Lg.'s Response to 32452_Tim.'s Review

Written on: 21/01/2003

The LG DRD-8160B supports UDMA-66 as well and it's not double the speed just because you have UDMA-66. That's just shows what it is capable of doing. UDMA-66 is just the maxium bandwidth on the DVD drive.

Pioneer DVD 116 16x

“I think that the Pioneer DVD-116 DVD drive is an...”

Written on: 01/06/2002 by ali jawhar. (1 review written)

I think that the Pioneer DVD-116 DVD drive is an excellent quality product. Very high speed… Read Full Review

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib