Phoenix Life Insurance Reviews - www.phoenixlife.co.uk

Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk

Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk

“Take your money out and put your pension in another...”

Written on: 14/05/2015 by Idiot12 (1 review written)

Have been trying to get a lump sum from my pension in April paperwork and phone calls still waiting at the moment it is 14th May 2015 What a company. I have other pensions with companies which I would state are 100% better… Read Full Review

“They are an absalute pain in the rear end to deal with. ”

Written on: 10/05/2015

They have constantly niggled and wanted more paperwork than any other insurer I have had to deal with regarding my duties as executor. The final straw is the demand for the original probate despite them stating in black and white on the original claim forms 'COPY' of probate. The language used on the forms is not RP English, so I guess it's some sort of offshoring designed to save a bit of money whilst claimants like me savage them in reviews out of sheer frustration at their antics... To say… Read Full Review

Absolute Serenity's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2015

Yes, I also found them to be the absolute masters of procrastination; ended up in an over two year battle for court, the case was dismissed as out of time - (they wasted so much time!) Had gone the route of the Ombudsman before but Phoenix lied and pulled the wool over their eyes and the Ombudsman did not uphold the complaint. - The Judge said in summing up. " Phoenix Life procrastinated and the Ombudsman takes a long time and take the least line of résistance!) Phoenix Life stay just inside the law, waste time so no legal action can be won and treat elderly people in an appalling and dismissive way - it is the relatives and the executors left mopping up the mess of their atrocious administration as well as dealing with everything else. This is a company without any moral ethics what so ever and I would recommend any one considering any type of insurance or pension to go to a recommended company - you see here just how poorly Phoenix Life score.

“The Phoenix Life Ltd Saga - on going from January 2013...”

Written on: 04/05/2015 by Absolute Serenity (2 reviews written)

As a result of Mum signing up for a Senior Life policy in 1998, (her details were introduced to an insurance company called Cornhill by B&Q Senior Club Members (over 65 years). She never received any full policy information from anyone after signing, which would have given her the opportunity at the time to have a 15 day cooling off period after looking at all the details. She believed the policy payments would stop once she reached the target amount she had ticked on her application - there

“No bonus”

Written on: 01/05/2015 by WinstonGlover (1 review written)

I took out a pension in 1988 with Sun Alliance I was contracted out so the premiums were taken from my National insurance contributions. Sun Alliance sold my pension on and it is now held by Phoenix Life. In 2003 I was advised by Sun Alliance that it was nolonger to my benefit to remain contracted out and I went back into serps. No further premiums were paid into the pension. I had paid in about £33,000 and with the bonuses that were added each year I was advised that when I was 65 my pension… Read Full Review

“Beware if you sell Phoenix Life Insurance products”

Written on: 21/02/2015 by Joeproducer (1 review written)

I am a insurance producer. I wrote a client a nice life insurance policy,he told me to make it effective 30 days from now (big monthly premium, didnt have the funds available immediately) It gets issued 10 days latter. So after I have the problem straightened out 30 days comes, they tap his credit card twice for over $900+ He says "Im done,cancel the policy" nice little charge back ($1600) that DIDNT have to happen. if you sell Phoenix life products, their sloppy accounting/business… Read Full Review

“Total Lack of Service”

Written on: 12/12/2014

NEVER EVER deal with this company. Their staff don't have the first idea of what they are talking about. Their administration is non existent and their senior managers simply lie to you. I should have received an estimate of my final pension value in September but it was never sent. I requested a valuation in October and was told that his would be sent 19 days before my retirement date - again the forms were not sent. I made an official complaint which Phoenix should have responded to… Read Full Review

“Awfull Company”

Written on: 01/12/2014 by 1945Moreno (1 review written)

A real nightmare of an organisation, if you could call them an organisation. Been trying to get the money they owe me from them for the past nine months. Champion procrastinators. Experts in the field of delay. Whoever you are, wherever you are, please, please, have nothing to do with this shower… Read Full Review

“Trying to cash in a pension”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by MacLeodbk358 (1 review written)

What can I say.. I have been in the financial markets for years and am horrified how they go about their business. I live in the Middle East where the post does not work. Phoenix Life insist everything has to be sent to them 'to verify the signature' they will not accept emails or faxs.... at every single stage there is an 6 to 10 day turn around. They can give you a figure over the phone... but it takes 10 days to get that figure 'officialese' Their customer service people have a rigorous… Read Full Review

“WORST COMPANY EVER”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by amandadavies2014 (1 review written)

If I were you I would not take a pension out with this company, After years spent trying to get some money out of this company still not a penny gone into my account. My husband died before they would release any of his pension pot, he die on the 18th April and still they have not paid a penny. They promise every day the money will go into my account but it doesn't. They refuse to pay out any lump sum death benefit. They have been telling us lies for years, and now it turns out all i am due is… Read Full Review

Cpsusa's Response to amandadavies2014's Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

This group is the worst company I have had to deal with to get my paid up policy funds transferred to US where I live now. I tried to get the policy proceeds transferred 4/5 years ago and the instructions were not carried out and now I sent them the request on June 27th, 2014 and they tell me it will take another 7-10 days to send the monies electronically. Its possible the still live in the past and have not matured into the electronic world

“Disgraceful Management of my Pension”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by JuliaBauer338 (1 review written)

Last Year Phoenix Life took over a small pension fund i had with NPI worth just under 15 K, today I received my annual statement,they have managed through their negligence bordering on criminal investment management to reduce this fund to 8.5 k. This at a time when investments have seen steady growth, is there anyway this can be challenged, reported etc???????… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

I don't know what to say, I have just written to there chief executive, he has sent my letter back to the complaint's team who was already dealing with my complaint,. I am now looking for compensation, and I will not stop contacting him until I get what I deserve, I was told by one of there staff that I could take my husbands pension as a lump sum and I have witnesses and it was on this advice that I arranged the funereal;. If I had been told the correct advice I would of had a funeral organised by the government, now I have a bill for £2500 and the company now want there money, and I don't have a penny to give them. I suggest you contact him your self

“no organisation-perhaps?”

Written on: 03/06/2014

I always get suspicious when I am continually blocked from recieving my own money..Made 3 phone calls to them and got so much garbled information I awaited a form with bated breath.one arrived ,I phoned them to make sure I filled in the right part to be told "We can do this over the phone"Ah!! I was told I would be sent the next form to put my bank details on..I recieved the same forms as last time which I didnt need!.Ah! I phoned them..I recieved correct papers and sent back with bank details… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

contact there chief executive. that's what I am doing and I wont stop until I get what I deserve, They have left me with a dept of £2500

Jcely's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2014

I'm not sure if going to the person from whom the problems emanate is going to cure the problem!I did phone them.I recorded the call and told the young man so..I was told of more delays due thevtime it take to clear a bacs payment..this is rubbish..I told hime if the money wasnt in my account in 10 working days the next correspondance would be from my local BBC radio who have a ferocious reputation on consumer affairs and a directors name on the coumty court register for small claims the money was in my account in 3 working days..now is the time for you and everyone else to have some fun with this firm..watch the real little people run!good luck

“Disgusting!”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by Oscarg6 (1 review written)

I rang Phoenix life to discuss my late fathers policy, I told the girl on the phone when he died and then she told me she was not allowed to disclose any information to me as I was not the policy holder, she then asked me to put my father on the phone!! I was absolutely disgusted and I told her again that my father was dead and she then laughed and put me on hold. Can't believe the staff working at this place, also i've still not been able to claim my dads life insurance 4 months later!… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

write to there chief executive. if we all contact him someone will have to listen to what there customers are saying.

Absolute Serenity's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2015

I have just published my review ( waiting with moderators) of my experience fighting Phoenix life for over two years culminating in Court with my 91 year old mother - this may not help you - but may make you feel you are not alone. I am posting my information where ever I can and hope my experience and advice will help other people in a similar situation. Also I still plan to badger them for the premiums to be stopped which is the advice I give to any one locked into this type of miserable policy. These policies were aimed at the older more vulnerable people. I hope that if enough people complain - after all Phoenix will NOT want to defend every tiny matter in court that is worth so little to them whilst having their reputation put through the mill each time for what is to them a tiny amount of money, but if they are threatened with expensive court proceedings every time they may back down - Ive set the trail and urge other people to take up the mantle and FIGHT. They are a company with appalling administration and entirely without morals or scruples.

Written on: 15/01/2015

I also have ongoing issues with them. Was your Dad's policy previously with Swiss Life UK?

Written on: 15/01/2015

I also have ongoing problems with them. Was your Dad's policy with Scottish Provident?

“surrendering policy”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by zmChavez314 (1 review written)

Absolute disgrace . My advice is if you have an endowment with this company get out of it now.Made me very angry when i asked to surrender a policy early… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Contact there chief executive.

Donkyote's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2015

This company is nothing short of fund crime, 25year policy @ £50 a month with profits originally sun alliance, is set to return £20,000 some £16000 short of its target nearly a 50% failure in management, not happy most other companies are paying back at least £27000+.

“No help after bereavement”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Smg1950 (1 review written)

My mother died in the middle of January. Phoenix were informed that she had died and I submitted a claim sent appropriate documents and have still not received the money from the plan which my mother took out to pay for her funeral. They are extremely unhelpful despite promising to conclude this ASAP. There are no more forms to fill in but they are still holding on to the money -last time I spoke to them they had all the wrong details and only when I asked them to double check they said they… Read Full Review

“pleasantly surprised”

Written on: 18/02/2014

After reading negative reviews was worried about final outcome on endowment policy need not have worried at all. I was sent a letter with an estimated maturity value and was given the option of having a detailed account of how this had been estimated, I declined to take this offer and was prepared to take pot luck on final amount. I was concerned at having to send passport as part of the identification process however need not have worried as this was sent and returned recorded delivery in a… Read Full Review

Huttonit's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

You must be very lonely being the only person to get over estimates from these bunch of charlatans and vampires. Makes me think you may be work for them or an online reputation company?

Philippa1955's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2015

Yes very suspicious I have been waiting for my pension pot to go in my bank account for the last 5 weeks looks like I be waiting forever !!!!

“ever increasing premiums”

Written on: 08/02/2014

I am 63 years old and have had a life insurance policy with Phoenix. Premiums have steadily increased but I could cope while I was working. Since retiring it has been a struggle and 3 years ago my premiums doubled and last year they doubled again. Each time I phoned to enquire why I was baffled by company jargon. The result is I am now unable to afford to continue with the policy. I feel I have been priced out of my cover and that instead of having the comfort of knowing should the worst happen… Read Full Review

contact the chief executive for Phoenix Life

Written on: 15/01/2015

Hi. I have experienced this too. Which company did you originally take out your policy with?

“Trading standards need. To look at this company if any...”

Written on: 29/01/2014

Trading standards need. To look at this company if any details are wrong , they want proof asking you for personal information to be sent to them ,do not send . I don't believe they are genuing , having problems with this company… Read Full Review

“Incompetence”

Written on: 31/12/2013

This morning my husband telephoned Phoenix life after receiving a letter headed 'maturity payment' and stating that 'this is in full and final settlement'. The letter also stated at the bottom that it was page 1 of 2. However, nothing was included with this one page. My husband telephoned them and asked them to speak to me as I deal with all paperwork, - however, they said this was impossible due to the Date Protection Act - even though all other pension companies we have dealt with have… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2014

Have got your money yet?. Same scenario with me. How far have you got?

Stafh99's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2014

31st December - told cheque had been issued and was - quote - on the way. 15th January - rang as cheque not received. Told cheque would be with us in five days. Waited 9 days (7 working days) - cheque still not arrived. 24th January telephoned again - told cheque had been AUTHORISED, but asked why we wanted cheque and not BACS. Told them that we had been told twice already that the cheque was in the post., and that we hadn't been offered BACS, but that Phoenix already had our bank details and could have paid that way. Gave bank details again, and was told that BACS payment would be paid over, but would take three working days to clear. I always understood that BACS payments were instant - ? Waiting with bated breath. By the way - the tax certificate arrived two weeks ago stating that the payment had been made.................................

Written on: 29/01/2014

Staff99, exactly the same scenario. I also changed my cheque payment to BACS, they gave their Standard reply wait 3-5 working days, so waited with baited breath since last Friday. Checked 1st thing this morning and as promised money is in bank, 3 days after - 29th Jan. I also thought BACs was immediate but checked on Google and it is 3 days clearing time. Still have to check wife's account but see no reason why money shouldn't be there. Hope you have the same success.

Stafh99's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2014

Eureka - the eagle has also landed here! Six weeks to resolve - reading some of the other comments I guess we ere both lucky, weren't we?

Written on: 31/01/2014

Hello again, wife's half went into her account too yesterday. Spoke to my FA and he said even in the profession Phoenix are difficult to work with. Guess it's the result of growing so big by acquisition and all the different operating systems each one would employ none of them speak to each other, but it does appear that their agents are trained in delaying techniques by mere fact we can report almost the same story. Never mind, all's well that ends well. It does surprise me though that some of those that have written reviews were unawares of the endowment policies not meeting predicted maturity values. What planet have they been on?, I certainly received my notices every year that my policy was under performing and was the reason I changed to repayment.

“Endowment Policy Value”

Written on: 25/11/2013

I have a 25yr endowment policy taken out with Sun Alliance ultimately renamed as Phoenix Life. This policy should have paid out £55k+ based on the sales spiel at the time. We all know what has happened since that time! It is actually worth £31k+. Phoenix wrote to me in January with a value and to tell me that they would send a cheque out to me in March, when it matured. For various personal reasons I didn't chase them up when the cheque didn't arrive. In September they wrote to me again… Read Full Review

“exellent friendly company.”

Written on: 22/11/2013 by lollywilli (1 review written)

took less than 3 weeks to sort, received all paper work back asap, everything sorted in time limits, telephone conversations were friendly and accurate, would definitely recommend… Read Full Review

Huttonit's Response to lollywilli's Review

Written on: 06/05/2014

Do you work for them?

Absolute Serenity's reply to Huttonit's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2015

Of course they MUST work for them - there are simply no details here what are they actually recommending? What they try to do with this type of "recommendation" is make the negative comments appear less so - the overall star rating goes up - hasn't had much effect though has it because there are so many negative reviews.

Absolute Serenity's Response to lollywilli's Review

Written on: 04/05/2015

You must work for them!!!! you must think people can't read between the lines! - uu huh There are no details here? What paper work sorted in 3 weeks ? Taken me over 2 years!!!! and I cant agree with any of this. They are the best procrastinators - all over the place with admin, tell lies -" you need power of attorney," DIDNT! They say the sent something 4 times and did NOT. Lie to the ombudsman - LIe Lie LIE - I wouldn't give them one star for anything

Lollywilli's reply to Absolute Serenity's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2015

Simply cashed in my husbands pension , must agree when I read reviews I was nervous and thought he would be tricked , we had a payout and get a amount monthly , I am actually very very ill and work for no one , go to a small claims court if u are owed money , I take it u sent of everything they ask for like passport bank statement utility letters , please do not call me a liar I've nothing to gain or lose.