Phoenix Life Insurance Reviews - www.phoenixlife.co.uk

Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk

Phoenix Life Insurance www.phoenixlife.co.uk

“Arrogant and petty”

Written on: 23/07/2016 by coronaryman (2 reviews written)

I have had a policy originally with Pearl and now with this bunch of fools for many years. I moved house in 2014 and immediately filled in their change of address form on their website. In late 2015 I had a letter saying they had used a private investigator to find me and I needed to contact them to verify who I was. I responded immediately and included a copy of the change of address form which I had thankfully kept. Another letter arrived stating exactly the same as the first but not even… Read Full Review

“Delay Tactics”

Written on: 23/07/2016 by pgSchofield477 (1 review written)

I should have been able to take out my Pension lump sum which is a lot of money when I was 55 so I telephoned Phoenix early in the year to have things in place and be paid when I was 55, only to be told it's too soon to contact them, it has to be 2 weeks prior to being 55, so I did, only to be told, right okay we will send you papers to read which will take two weeks to arrive? Okay, so I thought fine I will read the papers I won't be changing my mind.. So the papers arrived I read them and… Read Full Review

“Unaccesptible delays, pettiness and incompetence”

Written on: 27/05/2016 by Eml22 (1 review written)

Earlier this year I had dealings with this company re a critical illness claim. We repeatedly filled out the same forms and then were asked to do so again. They were unwilling to send us a cheque and insisted on paying it into a bank account that was the least convenient to us as we had to transfer it. Phone calls involved their staff asking ridiculous questions, and it took weeks to sort a claim of relatively small value Now I am dealing with my parents life assurance policies.....Phoenix… Read Full Review

Bobdarkens's Response to Eml22's Review

Written on: 20/07/2016

I completely agree with you. I am having the same aggrevation from them. My dear wife recently passed away and I sent off the necessary documents but they now claim that my wife had taken the insurance out on my life, in truth we each took out insurances on our own lives but Phoenix can only apologise for having what they claim are the incorrect details for several years and I have now demanded they provide me with a photocopy of the original paperwork signed by my wife. This was originally taken out with Pearl Assurance, that was taken over by London Life which has now been taken over by Phoenix Life. What are my chances of sorting this out without involving the Ombudsman?

“Waiting for a payout from this company for weeks. Many...”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by GiselleMcCabe (1 review written)

Waiting for a payout from this company for weeks. Many many phone calls and lots and lots of promises made but all of them basically lies. Don't go near this company. Im now going to the contact the Financial Ombudsman for their help… Read Full Review

Phoenixcomplainer's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2016

Me too. The same experience. Even with financial advisor's help (as demanded by Phoenix) still not got my money. Four months and counting.

“Utterly useless”

Written on: 15/04/2016 by Annoyedasduck (1 review written)

They have now lost a full birth certificate and two change of name deeds, none of which they actually need to pay out a claim that I have now been trying to sort out for over a year. What an absolute joke of a company and off to watchdog I go!!! It only got 1 star because I wasn't allowed to give it minus!!!… Read Full Review

“Getting blood out of a stone would be easier!”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by Kassidyy52 (1 review written)

Firstly, I work for a financial adviser so deal with Phoenix on a daily basis; I know what I am talking about. My mother took out a small savings/insurance plan (Senior Security Plan) to cover funeral costs (not a funeral plan). Sadly, we lost mum recently but just before she passed she told me about the policy. My heart sank when I saw it was with Phoenix. I wish I had advised her to cash it in before she passed because I am now faced with dealing with them. Their claim form asks for a copy… Read Full Review

“Terrible ”

Written on: 26/01/2016 by Enzoj176 (1 review written)

Absolutely scandalous like trying to get blood out of a stone with this company I only have a small amount owed to me but still they continue sending repetitive letters saying the same thing been going on for me for 6/7 months still no further forward would never ever use this company again appaulling service they even have the cheek to tell you a cheque is in the post several times knowing full well its a downright lie avoid at all cost I for one am determined to get whats owed to me… Read Full Review

Helpfulfriend's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2016

My friend is going through something similar, 5 working day responses on questions until it comes to payout, then its delays, repeating same information, duplicate forms, pay out days weeks away, snotty responses "need I remind you we have had this for only XY working days", verification between sane means as a delay tactic.. It should be illegal for the origination company to offload closed pensions to these terrible companies, you choose your private pension company partially based on brand and reputation and then it get delegated to these jokers. My advice for anyone at the early stages, for example determining amount, signing that you want a payout is to involve a solicitor straight away

“NPI now Phoenix Life Group”

Written on: 19/11/2015

I have had my account with NPI for over 20 years and ever year they charge me without fail. I moved overseas 17 years ago and updated the address to receive the statements by post for my files. In the last two months this company Phoenix Life Group UK who have taken over NPI have made it extremely difficult for me to move my account to another provider. They said in the letter It has come to our attention that the National Insurance Number that we have on records may be incorrect. In all… Read Full Review

“PHOENIX LIFE THEY KEEP YOUR MONEY.....”

Written on: 16/10/2015 by Enzo90 (1 review written)

My Husband has been waiting for 3months for his lump sum payment they keep coming up with alsorts of excuses for not paying out have, sent loads of letters but still no payment now its time to see a Solicitor, i think in order to get the payment we would never Recommend them to anyone… Read Full Review

Spencerc's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2015

After being with NPI for over 20 years I decided to move my accounts offshore since I have lived overseas for 17 years and am not returning to the UK. Phoenix Life used many different tactics to stall my move and the last straw is they asked me for supporting documents to update my National Insurance number that a) I don't use and b) don't need. They asked for my P45 and P60 both UK documents, my payslip (which is irrelevant since I live overseas), a letter from the HMRC which will clearly take time and a letter from DWP (no idea who that is anyway).

Stay away from Phoenix Life Group!!!

Artofohm's Comment

Written on: 07/04/2016

You should take your complaint directly to the Financial Ombudsman

“Very very slow”

Written on: 09/10/2015 by pnLee261 (1 review written)

Waiting for a payout . Was promised within a certain timescale. Never received payment. Website very hard to find the department to complain to. When u did send an e mail it wasn't acknowledged.if I could give 0 rating I would. The customer care is non existent and there is nothing I would recommend about them… Read Full Review

Lyn1969's Comment

Written on: 14/10/2015

my Husband has been waiting for a lump sum payment for 3months sent loads of letters still no payment ......

“My money but I can`t get it!”

Written on: 06/10/2015

I have had several thousand pounds invested with Phoenix for several years now. Today I ring to say can I close the policy and have the money. Answer, it`ll take several weeks. "We have to send you the Options Pack," "But I don`t want the Options Pack, I just want the money." "Well, it will take several weeks." Clearly a mistake to have invested with this company in the first place!… Read Full Review

Spencerc's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2015

Seems Phoenix Life has a long list of similar complaints. You can see them listed on their website.

I suggest moving your business to another provider and don't let the tactics Phoenix Life use to slow the process down to scare you off the move, the freedom is worth it.

“Postage time”

Written on: 16/09/2015 by rubbish4 (1 review written)

I have had problems with postage they say they have sent but takes weeks to arrive . Have you had same trouble if you have make formal complaint and if not happy with answer .Make a complaint to Ombudsman… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 14/08/2015 by ptGregory462 (1 review written)

They sent me a form to fill out to change the details on my policy. The instructions on the form were unclear. I called to ask for clarification. The "service" representative refused to help me, on the grounds that they cannot give "advice". But all I was asking for was clarification on the instructions for filling out their own form! I have also noticed on more than one occasion that these people have a quite aggressive and immediately unhelpful tone about them when I call. Besides that… Read Full Review

“Couldn't Care Less”

Written on: 03/08/2015 by uvBradley367 (1 review written)

Like a lot of people, my life assurance policy was sold on from RSA to Phoenix. The policy was to cover an endowment mortgage, and they were supposed to write to me with regular performance summaries. Not having received any, I'd assumed all was well until I rang them for an update. Despite taking my money every month they had no record of my address or policy with them. Eventually they located my details and in 2014 they sent me a pile of unaddressed letters dating back to 2008 warning me… Read Full Review

“ Payment stalling after working and saving all my life !!”

Written on: 23/07/2015 by david_knox (1 review written)

David_Knox's Response to david_knox's Review

Written on: 23/07/2015

update !! just had a call from phoenix by the lady who apparently took over my case and originally confessed to the payment not being sent? and who has now confirmed to me that the payment that had supposedly been authorised last week has in fact now been authorised by a manager at 6.00 pm last night? she also informed me that payment has been sent out this morning and it will take 3-5 working days to clear into my account, but I have been here before (re earlier comment) she was very apologetic but I still never got a reason for the delay or a reason I was originally lied to !! so either A. The money will go into my account or B. another new person will take over my case and say sorry in fact the payment has not been sent and so we go again!! but I did get promise of a confirmation letter being sent out with a full breakdown of the transaction? I await said letter with bated breath. (ongoing)

David_Knox's reply to David_Knox's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2015

update!! hmmm maybe phoenix life not as bad as first thought? got my release letter today as promised and although its going to take another 5 days? the letter gives a break down of payments made so hopefully pension lump sum will be in the bank later in the week, the last lady to help me was in fact truthful and to the point, far better than the earlier reps, everything she stated has so far actually happened and I now feel my ordeal and uncertainty is over, why I couldn't have got this lady in the first place? instead of all the umming and rrrr ing. and blatant untruths god only knows. (on-going)

David_Knox's reply to David_Knox's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2015

Good news Phoenix life actually paid the money into my account today suffice to say its took 21 days from beginning to end, after reading all the reviews I was beginning to despair, but and its a big but the last lady I spoke too really got her act together and was true to her word, I need to revise my opinion of phoenix life as my dealings were not as bad as the reviews stated on here, probably hard to move large sums of money around? anyway I sincerely hope people dealing with phoenix have the same outcome as I had !! very relieved.

“Late Fathers pension”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by 472Harris-Alt (1 review written)

I cannot believe the reviews and I am now worried sick! I have been contacted after my father passed away 15 years! They tracked me down. After a lot of phone calls form filling in, I was sent a letter to sign to release the lump sum from the pension! They have received all paperwork as I sent it recorded delivery and it has all been signed for. Bank details sent for BACS which according to them takes 10-14 days . Over 3 weeks still no money! I am now getting very upset and stressed, this is… Read Full Review

Erin6's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2015

I waited the 10 days and then the 5 they told me for the payment to appear in my Bank hence 3 weeks , no money so rang them and was told they couldn't apply my " last special contribution " .Everything had been in place since 19th June , they posted couldn't pay on my account on 7th July but they never contacted me I only found out when I rang them , you have to keep telephoning every day if need be . I lodged an official complaint with them on Friday 10th July and my money was paid in by Chaps on 15th July . They did not apply my £180 last contribution I was told I had to pay , so am now in dispute as to where my money has vanished . Fair doesn't even come close it is a nightmare situation I have made myself ill with all the waiting , worry etc. Keep telephoning and if need be make a complaint .

David_Knox's Comment

Written on: 23/07/2015

I too am worried sick, I'm 65 in very good health, and in full time employment, I worked and saved all my life to have a decent pension and welcomed the new pension rules, my pot only amounts to 78.000 pounds and the monthly amount offered was insufficient for me, meaning I would have to live to a hundred to even come close to claiming money owed to me, so I decided after seeing an advisor to take the lump sum on offer which after tax leaves me a payout of 52,000 pounds like yourself I did all the paperwork sent the bacs information this was on the 1st of july, everything was confirmed as acceptable after waiting the required 10 days for the bacs transfer that didn't happen so I phoned phoenix and spoke to customer services they apologised and said they were waiting for the payment to be authorised? I phoned again and was told by another person that the money would be sent to my bank in three days? after the three days I phoned again and another person checked my file and told me the payment had gone out this morning, i waited a couple more days and when the money didn't appear I phoned again and another person told me I'm sorry but its not good news? when I asked why she told me the payment was never sent and apologised with a sweetener of 100 pounds ? when I asked her why I was lied to ? she gave me no reason but told me she was going to pursue my claim with management and get back to me? what the hell is going on? surely this is illegall ? I have a very bad feeling about this and all I really want is a decent explanation on what the hold up is? but can I get one !! no !! ( ongoing)

“Worst company ever”

Written on: 18/07/2015 by erin6 (1 review written)

Pension due 13/06/2015 told to receive full pot would have to make special last contribution to next anniversary of policy ... so sent cheque for £180 which they cashed on 18th May . Got all paper work through eventually and had endless phone calls asking what the delay was paying me. Told on 7th July that the system would not accept my special last contribution so they couldn't settle the policy . Another week of phone calls and they said my money had been released , knew straight away… Read Full Review

“Do not like paying out!”

Written on: 24/06/2015 by mickslady (1 review written)

My brother died in march and Phoenix were given all the information required. After numerous letters asking me for the information as they hadn't received it (they had confirmed in the numerous phone calls that they had) still I wait. It is for around £200. In my May call I was told that I would need to inform them if I wanted it paid monthly and they couldn't pay without this form I never received one! It is a joke. God help anyone who is waiting for more money!… Read Full Review

“slow to pay out on matured policy”

Written on: 14/06/2015

Really annoyed paid a policy for our grandaughter for 15 years which has matured and now they keep coming up with excuses for not putting the money into her account they will not discuss it with us even though we took the policy out for her which is really frustrating, so we are now waiting to see if they will send a cheque. ( the dividend was a good return just a pity they are dragging their heels over paying out )will update later on the situation… Read Full Review

“Scammerrs forced my parents to take out the endownment...”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by tvGardner46 (1 review written)

Scammerrs forced my parents to take out the endownment or they would not get a mortgage then due to time scales we cannot complain. I hope the company goes bust sooner than later you'll get what you deserve… Read Full Review