SAGA Health Insurance Reviews

SAGA Health Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for SAGA Health Insurance

SAGA Health Insurance

“Dont waste your money”

Written on: 30/08/2014 by Dancingmotty (1 review written)

I took out a policy with Saga earlier this year and unfortunately had to make a claim for a problem with my left foot. At the time I took out the policy I had no problem with it. I made the initial claim telephone call the adviser gave me a claim number to use. A few days later Saga requested copy of my medical records for the last 3 years which were provided, proving there was no history of any previous problem with that foot. I went ahead and saw the consultant and had an X-ray which revealed… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“Wants to view THREE YEARS of medical records”

Written on: 02/08/2013 by EllieJ (3 reviews written)

And I flatly refuse to allow a bunch of uneducated, non medical admin people look at my ailments, this information is PRIVATE.They are unwilling to accept a letter from my GP of 10 years stating that my condition is not pre existing...no, they want access to it all. I need treatment done quite quickly and thought that having private health insurance would be of help.....absolute waste of money, I would be better off putting the premiums under my mattress and saving for the… Read Full Review

“Total Rip Off”

Written on: 06/04/2013 by newsdawg (1 review written)

Apparently I have to give one star but they are not even worth that. My mother recently had an MRI for a pain and small lump under her ribs. She rang SAGA AXA and got approval for the MRI scan that the specialist had recommended but when she sent them the invoices for the claim they refused to pay as she had not had to have surgery!!!. Thankfully the MRI was clear, which we are grateful for, however Saga's AXA policy will only pay for diagnostics if they result in surgery. This was not… Read Full Review

Benny298's Response to newsdawg's Review

Written on: 25/10/2014

There are 5 plans with Saga and 1 of them will only cover outpatients (scans and consultations) if it leads to surgery. This would have been explained on initial sales call and your mother would have selected this plan. Instead of moaning about a claim not being paid out why not think that this could actually be your mothers fault for not realising she was paying a smaller premium for a smaller plan?

“I agree entirely with the previous review. Saga health...”

Written on: 22/11/2010

I agree entirely with the previous review. Saga health insurance is a total waste of money and creates frustration instead of offering reassurance. I made my first claim today and was met with a barrage of terms and conditions which meant I'd have to wait nearly two weeks before they'd sanction anything (if indeed they hadn't managed to wriggle out of it) They quoted the moratorium which meant they'd WRITE to me with a form to sign, then WAIT until they'd received it, then WRITE to my doctor… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“After taking early retirement my wife and I decided to...”

Written on: 07/06/2009

After taking early retirement my wife and I decided to take out health insurance which we had both had in our employment. After many mail shots and phone calls from SAGA we joined.
What a waste of money and time. RESTRICTIONS, RESTRICTIONS, RESTRICTIONS.
We pay £87 a month for Healthcare 4 Level 4. Take my advice put the money in a bank and save for any needy medical cause. Should you have something really nasty the NHS will step in anyway. Don ' t rely on SAGA the will do everything possible to… Read Full Review

1Suffolkboy's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Previous posts are spot on. My G.P. told me I was wasting my money!

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com