Pavoni Europiccola Reviews

Specification for Pavoni Europiccola

Main Features
Type Coffee & Espresso Maker

Features:
  • Makes espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, and other coffee drinks
  • Lever permits crafting espresso to personal taste
  • Makes eight cups continuously without heating more water
  • Includes automatic milk foamer, measuring spoon, 1- and 2-cup filters
  • 11 by 7 by 12 inches (length by width by height); weighs 15 pounds
  • Refine your search

“Love love my Pavoni”

Written on: 09/02/2012 by peterisawhizz1 (3 reviews written)

If you love the ritual of making coffee as well as drinking it then save up for a pavoni. They look beautiful and make a great cup of coffee. You need to heat it up before it makes a good cup, so you need patience, but you'll be rewarded… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“If you like to master machines you'll love the Pavoni....”

Written on: 11/01/2011

If you like to master machines you'll love the Pavoni. If you're lazy and just want things done for you then this is not the machine for you.
    I've had mine for almost 10 years in which time it's had one service (seal's replaces etc).

It makes great coffee if you put the effort in. In particular you'll need your own grinder and will have to spend some time investigating the best beans/blend for you taste. Then there's the milk frother, perfecting this takes time (there a few different… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“I've had two La Pavoni in the past thirty years. It is...”

Written on: 17/06/2009 by Lemmy Nothor (1 review written)

I've had two La Pavoni in the past thirty years. It is the best machine available for home use. The model I use now is the Europiccola.
    I've been reading some of the above comments, and frankly I don't understand how one cannot make a great cup of coffee with this machine. Two things that are crucial when making coffee....first one is the water you use. Don't use tap water, it's full of chemicals that will alter the taste of your coffee. The second most important element, is the quality of the… Read Full Review

Dave The Butcher's Response to Lemmy Nothor's Review

Written on: 27/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I am in the process of replacing a coffee machine and need to know that the replacement will be reliable, easy to maintain and there are parts available if you are prepared to plan ahead and put a bit of effort in. Europiccola here I come!

Pavoni Europiccola

“I`ve bought my Pavoni Europicolla 8 cups a month ago. ...”

Written on: 04/04/2009 by Rollap (1 review written)

I`ve bought my Pavoni Europicolla 8 cups a month ago. After pounds and pounds of coffee beans I am anxious to get in the morning to have the best Caf Latte in the world.

Since I have learn to play with that machine, I went to Second cup and Starbuck and they don`t have a good one like La Pavoni will give you… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“I have owned my Pavoni Europiccola for over 15 years...”

Written on: 05/01/2009 by OldBloke (1 review written)

I have owned my Pavoni Europiccola for over 15 years and have had a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. It has taken me a long time to get the perfect cup of coffee but now I get perfect results every time. Here are a few tips. Put about a quarter pint of boiling water through the system, with an empty filter and the filter holder in place, before you make your espresso, in order to heat up all the parts of the machine. Buy a proper sized metal tamper and press down the coffee into the… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“I have had the Pavoni Europiccola for about 15 years...”

Written on: 05/07/2008

I have had the Pavoni Europiccola for about 15 years and have not yet replaced any parts. It produces fine and not so fine expresso coffee. Aside from what it is supposed to do there are a few mandatory steps. You must grind the coffee beans to their finest and just before you turn the power on. Before pulling the lever down make sure you release the air that is inside the upper side of the water container. If you like a long espresso pulling the lever down a second time will, obviously, spoil… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“It was impossible to produce a hot cup of espresso...”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by bryanneill (1 review written)

It was impossible to produce a hot cup of espresso with this Pavoni Europiccola Coffee & Espresso Machine. I have been making espresso for 15 years. This was my 3rd machine & I had high hopes. In the end I gave up after over a year of persisting. Luckily John Lewis accepted it's return & gave me a 90% refund. Looks great but doesn't work. All form and no function - typical Italian really… Read Full Review

Wakefield's Response to bryanneill's Review

Written on: 01/05/2005

I too own this model and had similar high hopes that the beautiful style would be matched by good hot espresso coffee. But sadly so far I have been unable to get anything like it!
    <br>I am at the point of deciding that it was a disatrous decision and cutting my losses.How any firm could market such a contraption I dont know-it ought to be in a museum not a coffee shop.

Ppapas9694's Response to bryanneill's Review

Written on: 29/09/2009

I thought the same when I first bought this machine, so I went back to Selfridges who told me the solution.
    <br/>
    <br/>When the boiler reaches temperature, run a burst of hot water through the gear before putting in the coffee loaded basket.
    <br/>
    <br/>Works perfectly!

Pavoni Europiccola

“Owning a Pavoni is a bit like having a hobby with...”

Written on: 15/06/2004 by rmcevoy (1 review written)

Owning a Pavoni is a bit like having a hobby with coffee - you need to enthuse and relate to the machine. Understand it and learn to get the best. The rewards are high though as you can personally affect the quality of coffee you make by tweaking and fiddling with all inputs and variables. My wife has not bothered to learn how to use it, citing the 'complexity' as a problem. I bought mine from an Italian web site and imported without problem for £100 less than high street prices in UK… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“I have had my Pavoni Europiccola for six years and I...”

Written on: 19/01/2004 by PhilipBrown (1 review written)

I have had my Pavoni Europiccola for six years and I love it. It is however a bit like owning a tempermental motorbike, I get great coffee 8/10 times now but in the early years the succes rate was under 5/10! Its a relationship you have to develop with this machine! Despite what another reviewer writes I find the frother is fine, it's the milk that varies a surprising lot. A really fun machine, I'd buy another… Read Full Review

Pavoni Europiccola

“You need to pay attention while making coffee with a...”

Written on: 27/05/2002 by vitali. (1 review written)

You need to pay attention while making coffee with a Eurpiccola Espresso machine from La Panoni. It is not a machine for dilattantes, but when it hits, there is nothing better. It looks good on the counter, and can become part of a routine easily, but you must take your time to learn the nuances of this great espresso maker.
    You don't really have a precise measure of the pressure applied to the grounds, which allows you to be very lax in ground control. You can get something out with very… Read Full Review