Ford F150 Reviews

Ford F150 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford F150

Ford F150
Ford F150

“Ive had Ford f series trucks for years and wouldnt...”

Written on: 31/01/2009 by bigwoolleypenguin (1 review written)

Ive had Ford f series trucks for years and wouldnt have anything else. I currently have a fairly basic 1999 V6 f150 , single cab long bed 4x2. I like its simplicity and " unbreakable " ruggedness. The V6 may be small by USA standards but here in the UK it gets great gas mileage ( better than a UK Ford Transit van we also run ) and is plenty powerful for me and very smooth and quiet. The truck is my everyday vehicle and is 100% reliable , always there for me never any trouble . Its well looked… Read Full Review

“Bought my 150 new in 1994. I looked it over as it sat...”

Written on: 26/12/2006 by rugerman (25 reviews written)

Bought my 150 new in 1994. I looked it over as it sat on the lot. It was a standard cab. It had a bench seat which i like, side window wing vents which I also like, no air conditioner which is fine with me because the 302 engine was not a bit cramped in there by the air unit and all it's plumbing. In other words, much easier to work on should it need attention.
The few years I owned it I never had a bit of trouble with it… Read Full Review

“Strong as mule and tough as nails. My 1996 Ford F150...”

Written on: 01/09/2004 by cat6edog (1 review written)

Strong as mule and tough as nails. My 1996 Ford F150 XLT 4x2 Truck has been through an assortment of trials which it has passed with flying colors. The last 147,000 miles have been rough ones for the truck. It has hauled dirt, gravel, towed cars on trailers and carried various house parts used during construction. Other than the oil changes every 3000 miles, my truck has by no means been babied and it has the scratches to prove it. I wash the truck twice a year if it needs it or not. Yet the… Read Full Review

“I have a 1988 Ford F150 XLT Lariat 4x4 pickup, 302...”

Written on: 06/11/2003 by Albert Oliver (1 review written)

I have a 1988 Ford F150 XLT Lariat 4x4 pickup, 302 engine. This truck has been babied. It has 100,000 miles and now needs a motor. I have just found out there were many recalls on this model that I was never notified about. would not recommend buying ford… Read Full Review

Cat6Edog's Response to Albert Oliver's Review

Written on: 31/08/2004

I can't put any merit in this report. I have a 1996 F150 XLT that has 157,000 miles that is still going strong. It has been worked hard and put up wet yet the only thing that this truck has needed in its long life is a new starter. As long as you change the oil and filter on a regular basis any car or truck should last almost forever. My truck still has the original battery! Though the write says his truck has a good body, it doesn't make sense to condemm an entire company based on the poor condition of a used truck from 1988. The writer says the truck was babied, that could mean the previous owner washed and waxed it... who knows if the oil was ever changed.

“In all, the Ford F150 truck has been very reliable....”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by Mike Asquino. (1 review written)

In all, the Ford F150 truck has been very reliable. Other than replacing engine with a rebuilt after 200,000 miles on motor… Read Full Review

“What I have is a '97 Ford F150 2wd Extended cab with a...”

Written on: 26/05/2002 by Huer. (1 review written)

What I have is a '97 Ford F150 2wd Extended cab with a 4.2 SPI (split port induction) V6, and a 4 spd overdrive manual transmission. This truck gets 210Hp out of that little 6 and nearly 30 Miles to a gallon. It's also very dependable. I have 88k on this truck and it's never been in the shop- And I Beat on it! This truck is definitely race-inspired. You can tell by driving it: the tight steering and precice instrumentation. Everything in the cab is Clockwork. It's definitely a fine vehicle… Read Full Review

30449_Mo.'s Response to 24863_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 20/07/2002

30 miles per gallon from a pick up truck? This guy's credibility is going down the same hill he must continually drive on.

Wad's Response to 24863_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 18/02/2007

I drive a 2002 F-150 4.2L V6 with the five speed manual transmission with the 8 foot bed. The engine currently has 263,000+ miles on it and it takes another 200 a day on average. The 4.2 runs great even with all of the miles and it never has any problems. I wouldn't say it gets 30 mile per gallon, but it gets every bit of 20+ when it's up to speed. It's a full-size 4500-5000lb truck with a V6 and it will get about 500 miles to the tank. I drive it hard and can still burn the tires on it if I try. I am very impressed with this generation of trucks. If you don't accelerate very hard on his vehicle on take-off, it may very well get near 30 miles per gallon. That's because the 4.2L V6 puts out 260 lb feet of torque at 3600 rpms. It reaches its maximum output at a low rpm so it doesn't have to crank as much to get the job done. This saves on gas and wear and tear. If you ever hear a 4.2L start, it sounds just like a diesel engine, because it behaves like a diesel engine.

Mr Shoot2Kill's Response to 24863_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 04/07/2004

30mpg?! I didn't know they made gas/electric hybrid pickup trucks yet. let alone in 1997... how odd

59626_Tom.'s Response to 24863_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2002

30 mpg?? Must be larger gallons. Still, thanks for the review!

31561_Tom.'s Response to 24863_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 02/08/2002

I have a F150 with the 4.2 and automatic and average 15.8 MPG with relatively easy driving coditions. Obviously, I don't know how to drive economically.