Go Ballistic Reviews - www.goballistic.co.uk

Go Ballistic www.goballistic.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Go Ballistic www.goballistic.co.uk

Go Ballistic www.goballistic.co.uk

“Ever heard of Personal Protective Equipment?”

Written on: 29/06/2014

I booked the East Kilbride venue for my son's 14th birthday. We were a small group, but at £25.50 per head for a half day's paintballing, the total soon mounted up. The first problem occurred a day and a half before we were due to arrive, when I received a phone call to tell me the other group who were due to attend had pulled out, so could we change the time of our session? After a frantic phoning round session (I was only given an hour and a half to decide which of the (limited) new slots I… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BOOK THROUGH "GO BALLISTIC"”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Fletcher310 (1 review written)

We went to a paintball venue and the venue was good, what really upset every one was the fact we paid Go Ballistic £7.50 per person when we could have just have turned up at the venue. The venue told us that they don't know how Go Ballistic can get away with advertising in this way, they do nothing at all for you but give you the address, they are not connected to the venue in any way. All they do is take your booking fee and give you the venue address. Look up the venue address yourself and… Read Full Review

“WORSE THAN SHOCKING”

Written on: 03/05/2014 by omDowd312 (1 review written)

Sorry for the title but it does describe the service you can expect. I like alot of people, booked a birthday party for my son via Go Ballistic. Like alot of people my party was small, 8 boys in total. 2 days before the party which i had paid for and extra paintballs. Go Ballistic, Marcus, rang and said that they were cancelling it due to bad weather!!! We have had a little rain in the last few days but not too bad. The paintball was to be in Dorchester and when they cancelled they offered… Read Full Review

“Donot Book With Go Ballistic”

Written on: 29/11/2013 by samijustwantedanexcitingparty (1 review written)

I booked a party and paid the deposit 3 weeks in advance of my son's 13th birthday party. I received an emailed confirmation of the booking and my account was debited for the deposit. The day before the party I phoned the Stockport centre to check that everything was in order. The phone was not answered. On Saturday morning I got a call from Stockport. They had no booking for me on their system. They were fully booked and could not fit us in. I phoned Go Ballistic who blamed Stockport. That… Read Full Review

“Bad”

Written on: 15/10/2013 by Gillianmc94 (1 review written)

Knowsley safari park paintballin. From start to finish awful!!! It was my sons 21st birthday and booked for him and his friends to go. They changed the event time informing me that a corporate event had cancelled so I would have to change the time. So we changed the time. When my son arrived at the event the time was wrong!! They had given them the wrong time again!! The event manager asked for the paper work but we had only received a reference number. He said that wouldn't happen, and… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to Gillianmc94's Review

Written on: 16/10/2013

Regarding the above comment we would like to clarify some points that haven't been mentioned as well as correct some points that have.

We did initially have to change this customer session due to a cancellation of another group. This in turn left only this customers group on site in that session. As they were a small group they could not play just by themselves. We offered her alternative venues, alternative session times as well as a full refund if she couldn't do the changes. The new session time was chosen and booked.

We did infact make a mistake on the session time by 15 minutes. This was admitted to immediately with the customer as soon as it was realised. We offered compensation due to the 15 minute period that we had the time out by.
The extra ( missed out ) section to the above comment is that the customer arrived over 30 minutes earlier to even the time we said to arrive. Meaning that they had a longer waiting period obviously. This was obviously not down to us... yet we still offered compensation.

What has not been mentioned is that the customer has admitted to getting the receipt yet they didn't open the attached paperwork to see the full confirmation details. Gloves are available to hire on site... these are not a must have item, they have a choice if they want them or not.

Paintballs are obviously needed in order to play for a session. This is explained fully on our websites, confirmation receipts as well as over the phones when bookings are made. Even showing the average amount of paintballs used according to how long they will be on site.

Gillianmc94's reply to Goballistic's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

In reply, firstly I was offered alternative times but had booked a mini bus with a £50 deposit to take them , so I first had to check the times with them.they couldn't do the other times so I booked with another company but lost the £50 deposit. I was NEVER offered a full refund only alternative venues. The 15 minute time mistake wasn't mentioned until I phoned them to complain. They arrived early because we were told us to arrive 15mins early! I received an email for the 1st deposit but not for the full payment. On the changed time on the 2nd booking they offered us 2people refunds minus the paintballs because they used them! I'm happy they have replied to the blog but what is sad is they have my email and home phone number but still no manager has rung to speak to me. My sons 21st birthday was ruined and I've still not got customer satisfaction or care.

“Disgraceful”

Written on: 16/09/2013

Booked young guns package for my sons 16th Birthday and 3 friends,paid £78 online which I received confirmation for. Arrived on the day to what looked like a gypsy campsite, waited around a deserted field for half an hour until an unsavoury character approached us and told us his Dad wasnt doing paintballing that day!!!He then went on to say sometimes his "Dad" might be there during the week but he wasnt coming today! My sons Birthday was ruined and we then had the expense of looking to take… Read Full Review

“Avoid this company!”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by DamiantheWorldEater (1 review written)

Horrible experience with a recommended go ballistic venue in Maidenhead. No signs whatsoever and direction given made no sense (they claimed they will send us a map which they never did), parking provided was basicly a suspension killing farm field in the middle of nowhere once again with no signs and then the venue was a dilapidated shed with 1 mind bogglingly idiotic worker that seemed without a clue and who then tried to get my group out of more money. We did not entertain this joke of a… Read Full Review

“Avoid like the plague. Far better to book direct with...”

Written on: 03/07/2013

Avoid this company, they are terrible. They failed to make my booking, then charged me for it after the event (£150!) They are reluctant to answer difficult questions, they give contradictory answers and are not in the least bit interested in you as a customer. My advice: search online for the phone number of the site in question and call direct to cut out this pointless, time wasting middle man. I know I wish I did… Read Full Review

“All they want is your money!!! Beware!”

Written on: 28/05/2013 by stroudy4 (1 review written)

I recently booked their stag package in Bournemouth. This is the first time i'd been paintballing. I booked and as there was 28 people booking I negotiated 2 free spaces. I enquiried about the stag package at £34.95 per person, they confirmed that on the 'BASIC FEES' 2 people would be free. I'd also previously received an email quote from them quoting for 28 people at £34.95. The quote explained that any extra paintballs could be purchased at an extra cost. With this in mind I assumed that… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to stroudy4's Review

Written on: 15/07/2013

Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry that you feel that we let you down with your booking.

The paintball site that you had initially selected to go to did in fact close down and cease trading. This obviously caused a problem with bookings already in place on the site. Luckily the customers that had booked with ourselves were reassured that their payments were still safe as they had booked with a Paintball agency. That is not always the case though for customers that are directly booked with a venue when that venue ceases trading.
This is one of the main comforts for customers when making bookings with us, they are assured a session, at any one of our locations, or if this is not suitable then they are offered a full refund. As was the case with your booking.

We notified you immediately on the situation once we had been informed. You were offered alternative locations as well as a full refund. The alternate venue is not far away from the original location, 10 ish miles is still seen as a good alternate option for travel distance in an instance like this. To be able to remain on the same date, same time and for the same amount of people.

There was clearly some miscommunication with regards to the free spaces. Usually it is understood that free spaces are based on the basic game fee (entrance and full equipment hire only) as it states on our websites. The usual is 1 free space on over 20ppl... with 2 ppl free on over 30ppl. With your group size of 28ppl we gave you 2 free spaces. In light of this confusion we will look in to stating, specifically on the receipts, that the free spaces excludes the paintballs.

“Bad service-never again.”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by FATMONICA (2 reviews written)

I rang Go Ballistic to see if the date and time I wanted for my son's birthday were available. I was told they were and advised to book online. I booked online and Go Ballistic took my money. Three hours later they rang me to say the date and time were now not available.They offered an alternative site halfway across Manchester(2hr bus journey-I don't drive)when the one I booked at is a walkable distance. I told them I was cancelling and asked for a refund but they said they couldn't refund me… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to FATMONICA's Review

Written on: 08/05/2013

Hi, thank you for commenting about our company. We were obviously concerned to read the above write up so I have looked in to your booking request in order to investigate this further. Please find below the information according to our notes and our advisors that dealt with your booking request.

You called to check availability and were advised that the spaces were "currently" available for you. You placed your booking through our online system and received an email immediately stating that the payment that you had loaded was in a "pending" state. This means that no money was taken on that online booking as the spaces were then no longer available. This was a fairly last minute booking for 3 days later that you were trying to secure for your sons birthday. Paintball sites fill up at a rapid pace as the weekend closes in.

One of our advisors called you, left a voicemail and sent an email explaining this and offering you a range of alternate dates and venues. You called back in and requested one of the alternates and said you were happy to confirm the booking and make payment. This was done at your request. The payment was then released.
You called back in a few hours later and said one of his friends couldn't make the alternate that you had booked. Our advisor gave you an email address to write to as there is a cancellation procedure that needs to take place i.e. writing in. Once you had done this we issued a refund for the full amount even though you had agreed to the terms and conditions of booking that this would be NON Refundable once booked.

In one of your emails you stated you wanted a refund by 10:00 the next morning… however, once a refund is issued depending on your bank this could take up to 3 days to show back in your account. Nothing to do with us really as this was issued immediately.

Although we do understand that you were disappointed... firstly by missing the spaces on the specific date and then by one of the party members not able to make it on the alternate date. I do fail to understand how the above is a bad example of customer services. And how you feel that you were "Ripped Off" as you have had a full refund issued back to you within hours of the booking being confirmed and the money being taken.

“Absolutely ridiculous!!!”

Written on: 27/03/2013 by ChrisL-15 (1 review written)

Well, let me start with the background story. For my birthday my sister booked and paid for me and 11 of my friends to go paintballing using the 'go ballistic' website. She booked a full day which was £10 per person which gave us 100 free paintballs to start with and a free lunch. Upon arrival at the site, despite £10 per person, none of us were entitled to 100 free paintballs or even a free lunch like it advertised which meant we had to pay more money! Basically this pitiful website had… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to ChrisL-15's Review

Written on: 05/04/2013

We are concerned to hear about the above complaint. Could you please direct a complaint email to our customer services department as we have not received any complaint call or email from you. If you have a look at the confirmation email we sent you, or your sister, regarding the packages that have been paid for you will see that there are NO free paintballs included. The package included a free light lunch... so this being given to you on the day wasn't as a gesture of goodwill but merely what had been booked.

We still very much work with our Bolton site and it is one of our busist locations. On your confirmation email you will see that the package booked and paid for was full entrance, game fees and full equipment hire as well as a free light lunch.

If there is anything further please do not hesitate in contacting us directly and maybe remove this negative review for us?

Go Ballistic Paintball

“Horrible service for a highly expensive day!!”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by Tamara_m (1 review written)

My son has been dying to go paintballing and when I finally said yes he was over the moon. I booked with Go Ballistic and what a nightmare this was. The booking office didn’t know what was going on, couldn’t provide me with proper information without having to put me on hold at least 3 times. When I got to the centre I was shocked at the state of the facilities and  the amount of money I had spent on this. This definitely not what I was expecting. When I called to complain, all they could… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to Tamara_m's Review

Written on: 05/04/2013

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience above, Could you provide us with a reference number for your booking?
We can not find a booking under your name with ourselves and have no reference of any complaint under the user name that you have.

If you could possibly write in the details to us directly we can then investigate the the details. To make sure this was booked with us but to also track down who it was that you spoke to regarding your complaint.

“The company that doesn't want your money”

Written on: 07/03/2013 by brightonmike (1 review written)

I had a weekend arranged in Kent for a bit of a lads weekend away. We had a hotel booked and then looked to book activities. Go Ballistic Airsoft in Tonbridge looked promising so I went through their website to book. They said they do all Sundays, which suited us perfectly. So I booked my Sunday session and rang them up to pay the deposit. The next day, they send me this: "I have spoke to my site managers and they have decided to run the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month only, Would your… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Response to brightonmike's Review

Written on: 05/04/2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns above.
I would just like to clarify on a few points that you have made.

With regards to the payment of your deposits, if you check your bank you will see that this payment was never taken. When you made your booking enquiry, and your details where taken you would have been instructed that once the booking was finalised you would receive a confirmation email with maps and directions as well as a receipt for payment.

It was in the process of finalising your session that our instructors informed us of the change to the available dates. You were then contacted as soon as we were aware to offer any alternatives that you may be able to do. still at that time NO payment had actually ever been taken from you and no confirmation details were ever sent to you.

If you have any questions or further concerns please do not hesitate in contacting us with the information.

“Rip Off”

Written on: 04/03/2013

This company are an intermediary agent for the site i went to ... Wolverhampton. Whilst the site was fantastic and have no complaints about them, Goballistic charged me £7.50 per child for an entry fee that didn't exist. The site do not get any of this money and if i phoned them directly I would only have been charged for the game the children played (pay as you play), which is what i paid the site for anyway. DO NOT use these agents, phone the site directly, they are a rip off… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2013

The £7.50 covers the half days entrance, game fees and full equipment hire. On the odd occasions certain deals will be done by various companies that may allow a free entrance and equipment hire however on the majority of occasions entrance, and equipment hire is charged regardless of which avenue you book through for your paintball session.

“Go Ballistic are the best!”

Written on: 09/01/2013

Had an amazing time for my Birthday, thanks Go Ballistic for sorting out the day, making sure everyone paid up and i didn't have to foot the bill. The people answering the phone are great, told me the best deal to get for my birthday and even gave me some free paintballs. I only have good things to say about them… Read Full Review

Goballistic's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2013

Thank you for your great comments and we are glad you had a great experience. next time you place your booking for paintball if you quote "review09/01/13" we would be happy to give you some free places on your booking.

Go Ballistic Paintball

“Disgusting company”

Written on: 01/01/2013 by Jo.b (1 review written)

Booked my sons 16th for December 28th got a msg on Xmas eve saying it was cancelled no reasons why and we could go I. 5th jan. rang on 27th not only was it cancelled they booked wrong date. Got a bad attitude from Adam he's the only Adam I. The office so he tells me. Jumped up little brat who didn't give a damn that they had ruined. My sons birthday. Told me its not their fault they only rent the sites. I told him that it was their fault they take the booking and money and therefore they… Read Full Review

“Shabby organisation”

Written on: 22/10/2012

I booked and paid for £250's worth of paintballing for my son's 15th birthday party, but would never use Go Ballistic again! Not only are they more expensive than other providers - who we have since found are better - but they mucked up our booking, which meant we had to attend a site that wa further away, and the 1.00-4.00 session ended at 3.15… Read Full Review

“Maidstone (Broomfield) site was awful!!!”

Written on: 01/10/2012 by bobsonbobs (1 review written)

This was a complete waste of money! We went for a friends birthday and got ripped off! They use a small woodland area which has been divided up using 'rope'. You turn up and it looks like hillbillies own the premises with rubbish everywhere, smashed cars, etc. The staff were extremely ignorant and every other word that came out of the lady's mouth was a bad word. Seriously I've never used the word 'cowboys' to describe anyone but I now completely understand what people mean by that and if you… Read Full Review

“Utter shambles”

Written on: 30/01/2012

Staff were rude and disorganised. Long waits and would never book again… Read Full Review

“Huge disappointment for the kids. Not worth the time...”

Written on: 16/06/2011 by rdthmn (4 reviews written)

My parents wanted to take the kids for a fun day out when we went up north to visit them recently. We thought Go Ballistic would be the best option since they were the closest to my parents place. We've been with another paintball provider back home, and figured it'd be at least as good - especially when they boast to be the UKs largest paintball network! How wrong we were! Firstly, we got to a centre in complete shambles. Although I don't expect anyone to greet us by name, it would have… Read Full Review