Daystate MK4 S Reviews

• Accuracy

• Handling

Daystate MK4 S - Ask a question now

“Daystate MK4is”

Written on: 21/01/2014 by Peterm0jfk (3 reviews written)

If you are after a rifle that will shoot the eyebrow's off a flea at 40 to 50 yards shot after shot then look no further than the Daystate MK4iS. Coupled with the Gary Cain stock this beauty just bursts out with class and elegance and fires sweeter than a nut. With virtually no noise when going through its firing cycle you can be sure on that hunting trip that your quarry in the next field as not been spooked. Super quiet and super accuracy with looks to match. What a rifle? This rifle is Match… Read Full Review

“A huge leap forward”

Written on: 15/12/2012 by chrisjpainter (3 reviews written)

I had an Air Ranger for all of about 2 weeks before I changed my mind! I'm sure it's terrific rifle - particularly in FAC - but it was not the rifle for me. The Mk4is is an altogether different animal. my initial concern was about the electrics and reliability, but don't worry! Daystate have far more mechanical rifles back to them than they do electric ones so have no fears there. Once I got my paws on it, I knew there was something altogether different about this. The sporter stock might… Read Full Review

“Daystate MK4 IS ST”

Written on: 29/09/2011 by howie54 (2 reviews written)

I already own an Weihrauch HW97KT springer but having owned PCPs in the past wanted one to compete in HFT. I have fitted a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 scope,match trigger shoe and the Airstream silencer.Have to say I am mighty impressed with this gun.It puts pellet on pellet at 40yds.Is nice and quiet for hunting.Only thing I wasn't keen on was the single shot loading tray which tends to be a bit fiddly.I am replacing that with the Rowan Engineering single shot loader which ought to work a… Read Full Review

“I purchased a Daystate MK4 iST as an addition to my...”

Written on: 17/03/2011

I purchased a Daystate MK4 iST as an addition to my two other unique rifles,a Career 707 mk3,and a Parker-Hale Phoenix Mk2. Accuracy of both the Career and the Phoenix is superb.12ftlbs shot count for the Career is about75,and about 85 for the Phoenix. Career air capacity is 380cc,Phoenix capacity is 190cc. Both are 10 shot underlever repeaters. Both guns are excellent,but the Daystate is an order of magnitude better.Its 103cc's delivers no less than 170 shots at 12ftlbs,it is beautifully… Read Full Review

Howie54's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2011

Not sure what is mean't by \"not as fast as an underlever\" maybe not using the single shot tray but if you use the 10 shot magazine its a hell of a lot faster than any underlever.

“I would never recommend Daystate or this gun to a...”

Written on: 01/10/2010

I would never recommend Daystate or this gun to a friend or an enemy.
I have a vast experience of firearms and Air guns before anyone questions my knowledge. First gun arrived - faulty loose in stock - when it came back safety faulty fired on safe - magazine faulty and had been filed to fit in the breech - magazine metal pin corroded - barrel shroud loose - bolt did not fit against breech - screw in breech raised so mag would not fit properly - gun went back
3rd arrived after promise of it… Read Full Review

Robb5475's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2010

I found this review not helpful because...The Mk 4 gives the impression of being loose in the stock, but this is due to the single bolt stock fixing that optimizes accuracy. My MK4is action can move in the stock if you lay the rifle on its side, but this is a design element of the rifle. Accuracy is superb.
<br/>
<br/>The barrel shroud on my rifle has no O-ring supporting it in the muzzle collar, which gives the shroud the impression of being loose at the muzzle. On my rifle, there is a few thou clearance all around between the barrel shroud and muzzle collar, allowing the barrel shroud, and hence the barrel, to float through the collar without touching it. Gives the impression of being loose but adds to the superb accuracy as it's totally free floating and so not affected by the expansion/contraction of the air cylinder as the pressure inside changes.
<br/>
<br/>If these are the areas the reviewer was referring to, I regard them as large plus points in the design.
<br/>
<br/>Very happy with my rifle.

Chrisjpainter's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2012

This doesn't sound like the Daystate everyone else know and loves! I would ask why he didn't insist on a different rifle given the problems he has had? It should have all been covered by warranty. If not, then it'll be a second hand gun, in which case it wouldn't surprise me if a previous owner had been mucking around with the magazine! Also, to grade it as 1 star for accuracy when there is no written information on performance is a bit unfair. If it shoots at 1 star levels, tell us how. As other comments suggest, semi or full floating barrels are not uncommon and are part of the design and aid the accuracy.

Oh well can't win em all! I'm totally satisfied with the gun!

Howie54's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2012

For someone who is supposed to have a "vast experience" this guy should have known that all Daystates have movement in the barrel - has he never heard of semi or full floating barrels. My Mk4 is 3 years old now and the only problem I have had was a faulty micro switch - had the gun posted to Daystate and back in a week. Excellent Service!!!

“WOW what a rifle the MK4S(177 cal) is iv had plenty...”

Written on: 18/12/2009

WOW what a rifle the MK4S(177 cal) is iv had plenty air rifles in my time but nothing comes close to this cracker,i sold my air ranger to fund this gun i thought that was a very good gun,if a little heavy.
i was a bit worried about the electronic side of the gun at first but had it 8 weeks now and its not missed a beat,the wood on it is a thing of beauty the trigger is very nice a little bit lite at first but im use to it now and no movement when you pull the trigger which if honest as… Read Full Review

“Recently stepped up to buying a PCP, having used...”

Written on: 09/06/2009 by corkyp (1 review written)

Recently stepped up to buying a PCP, having used springers and rammers over the years. Tried quite a few pre chargers before settling on the Daystate - which was at the top end of budget shall we say.

This is a beautiful gun aesthetically, the engineering is first class, and the integration of electronics works superbly.

In the shoulder, in all shooting positions, it fits like a glove. The balance point (through the single bolt that hold the the stock to the action) is just right. The weight, for… Read Full Review

“Purchased a Daystate Mk 4 today from Blackpool Air...”

Written on: 21/03/2009 by Frogster (1 review written)

Purchased a Daystate Mk 4 today from Blackpool Air Rifles (can recommend them - 10 out of 10 guys for all your help and patience, swooping scopes around, explaining stuff, etc).
The rifle is a serious piece of kit and looks a work of art. I took it home and zeroed the scope in a few mins first at 10 yards and checked it out at 30 yards 'was putting pellets through the same holes over and over and I am not the best shot in the world ' . This gun makes good shooting easy!
The feel of the rifle is… Read Full Review

“I've had a fair few air rfles including some so called...”

Written on: 24/12/2008 by Feral (1 review written)

I've had a fair few air rfles including some so called super guns such as the Steyr LG110. I currently have 3 air rifles and I feel the Daystate MK4-ST is the most accurate I've owned. It one holes at 30 yards and yesterday I put some 45 yard cloverleaf groups off of the fist. Any misses I can call and they are definately down to pilot error.

The shroud is very quite and forme precludes the need for a silencer adding to the pointability. I have heard concerns over the elecrtonics but mine has… Read Full Review

“The Looks of this gun are amazing, the stock is...”

Written on: 22/05/2008 by semmens (1 review written)

The Looks of this gun are amazing, the stock is beautiful and also handles like a dream siting nicely in the shoulder, even though the gun is slightly heavy. it is almost impossible to miss with this gun as groupings at 35yards are no bigger then the size of a thumb nail(using Accu pell). the main issue with this gun is that i found the magazine to be hard to load as it is quiet hard to push the pellets passed the O-ring. i also found that on loading the pellet in to the chamber that the… Read Full Review