Chillblast, Reviews - www.chillblast.co.uk

Chillblast, www.chillblast.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Modification were expensive and slow delivery”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by Naveeenx (4 reviews written)

Having read an article on Chillblast Kestrel on expertreviews.co.uk I decided to invest in a new desktop against my better judgement. My first disappointment came when having followed the recommended customisations based on that review it worked out £100 more than they had stated. expertreviews.co.uk managed to build it for £900 but even after several tries mine came to over £1000. I went ahead and bought it expecting it to arrive within 10 working days. Chillblast's website state up to 10… Read Full Review

“Chillblast Fusion Probe”

Written on: 01/03/2014 by Tel1 (1 review written)

Purchased a Fusion Probe Desktop PC (without the periferals)about a month ago after reading a lot of reviews. I wanted to replace my ageing 3 year old unit with a good gaming machine. i wanted it to be quiet and fast and that's what I got. Fantastic, I'm very please. I had a few noob questions that Chillblast were very helpful with, mostly about the Windows 8.1 operation system that I had not used before (my choice by the way). Delivery was on time and the computer was well packaged. For… Read Full Review

“Chillblast Messiah GTX 780M 17'”

Written on: 08/01/2014 by pipersinger (1 review written)

I have just purchased the above laptop from chillblast after extensive research and many emails between myself and an advisor. When it came to buying the laptop I spoke to another person in the Chillblast offices'. This is just a pre-sale review. Sales rep was very helpful and always happy to answer my questions. On purchase, he was equally civil and very pleasant to talk to. So it's 5 stars, so far. I will post another review on receiving my laptop and 1 final review after two weeks of… Read Full Review

“Dosent turn on”

Written on: 06/04/2013 by ravenouslemon (1 review written)

Yesterday I got a brand new chillblast computer. I have been saving up for adges and couldnt wait. Well when i opened it lokked perfect but it wouldnt turn on. I even called up to make sure all the plugs were in the right place. To be honest i payed for a metal box with a small green light in it. So bad… Read Full Review

“Great PC and service from Chillblast”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by DavecUnitedKingdom (3 reviews written)

I ordered a Fusion Firebird from them, decided to upgrade it to give them best opportunity to achieve a stable 4.6 GHz I3770K overclock. I went for the Fractal Design R4 case (so it would be quiet), a Noctua NH-D14 Ultimate CPU cooler, not worth cheaping out on this component. To ensure the Noctua Cooler worked well I went for the cheapest 3 extra case fans 120mm fans), because air coolers need good movement of air in the case. The PC was dispatched from them pretty much within their quoted… Read Full Review

Green247's Response to DavecUnitedKingdom's Review

Written on: 21/03/2013

Hello, nice review I am thinking of getting this computer, i have a few questions

1. do you still like the Chillblast Fusion Firebird and recommend it?

2. do i need to order a firebird with a wireless PCI card, or will the one that comes with the Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard be fine for br x

4. Do you think the standard case, standard cpu cooler and no additional case cooling will be ok with an i7 with no overclocking

Do you think the standard case, standard cpu cooler and no additional case cooling will be ok with an i5 with overclocking?

Davecunitedkingdom's reply to Green247's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2013

1. I love my PC, remember I went with the upgrade to a fractal design R4 case and would highly recommend it. I would also go back to Chillblast for future PC's. I have had no problems at all.

2. You don't need to waste money on a Wifi card, the ASUS MB has the function built in and it comes with a little aerial, it also works great.

3. No, order the Noctua if you want a stable 4.6 or 4.7 overclock and get some extra fans. Thats why I went for the R4 case, nice and quiet

I don't know about the I5. I

It is a shame though that prices have risen as our currency has weakened, because things are a little more expensive now.

“ALMOST RIGHT”

Written on: 13/01/2013 by Wrant (1 review written)

Ordered a firebird on 18/12/12 - delivered 12/01/13. Due to the delay they gave me some games and free Saturday delivery. My computer arrived at 9am via DPD I carried it into the house and asked the delivery guy if he needed a cup of tea while I checked it. He asked me to sign and I said that I would when I had checked that it had a tower and a screen. He said 'you can not open it whilst I am here' I said that it was in the Chillblast Terms and Conditions, that when I signed it was an… Read Full Review

Davecunitedkingdom's Response to Wrant's Review

Written on: 22/01/2013

Better that the memory is only on 2 sticks

“CHILLBLAST ”

Written on: 10/10/2012 by huffy66 (1 review written)

Purchased PC was hoping for great things......, but: - Paid for premium delivery - delivered arrived very late requested refund but did not receive offered. Paid for over clocking PC was supplied without this. Other issues include unit fitted with a Corsair SSD, a model which was defective model supposed to have been recalled. Machine is subsequently prone to freezing Dead pixel on expensive Asus monitor. I have sent at least 3 e-mails to chillblast, but have never received a reply… Read Full Review

“Very Good Service Excellent PC ”

Written on: 02/12/2011 by 899800801 (7 reviews written)

I purchased a Fusion Neutron with some upgrades. I had been reading that the company may have gone out of business. Well they have not and the PC I received has been working fine for the past two months. I opted for upgrades on the cooling for the processor a blu-ray player and a different PSU . All had been fitted as asked. The AOC monitor works well and the graphics are very good. I had a Samsung 19… Read Full Review

“Not great.”

Written on: 07/10/2011

PC arrived a week or so late without explanation. Arrived looking good out the box, but didn't work (no image on monitor, then blue screen only). Couldn't get through to customer service on the phone so sent a message - no response. I took the sides of the box and wiggled the components which seemed to do the trick. It all looks nice and tidy and well put together in no odd components. Since then I've had the box apart a few times I think the PC is good value but it was slow to arrive. I… Read Full Review

“I'd been looking for a UK made computer with good...”

Written on: 06/05/2011 by Trisha H (14 reviews written)

I'd been looking for a UK made computer with good after sales, and after reading a few reviews on different computer suppliers, decided to buy one from Chillblast. The computer magazine reviews on their machines were enough to convince me that I'd get what I was looking for.
What I wanted was something powerful with excellent capacity as I use an image management programme all the time and often an editing programme at the same time: with a database of around 40,000 images, some in RAW format… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 15/11/2010

Absolutely the best customer care I have experienced. Bought a new pc but choose a cheap monitor - Chilblast happy to take it back and sell me a higher spec for a price considerably less than Amazon. The best communications I have experienced with on line buying.

DCB… Read Full Review

“I ordered a Chillblast Fusion Hornet with an over...”

Written on: 12/10/2008

I ordered a Chillblast Fusion Hornet with an over clocked processor and monitor, mouse, the works. They told me 7-10 days for processing before it would be shipped. It was shipped the tenth business day, on time, and arrived at my house the day after. I had a few problems at first (typical newbie stuff, I hadn't checked for loose cables) and thought I had a dead Power Supply Unit-the person on Phone Support actually knew that it was a loose cable and it was fixed then and there. I had a few… Read Full Review

“Chillblast Fusion colossus / chillblast.co.uk ”

Written on: 21/05/2008 by mark lucas (13 reviews written)

Chillblast Fusion colossus / chillblast.co.uk

I purchased two of these machines from a southwest UK based company Chillblast around 6 months ago. Chillblast are specialists who customise new Pcs to a customers spec and professionally overclock them. I'd been using cheap factory standard machines and decided, along with my wife, to treat ourselves to something special. There are many scattered reviews which rate chillblasts service positive. This is what initially caught my wifes eye as we both… Read Full Review

Dozeoneuk's Response to mark lucas's Review

Written on: 16/07/2009

firstly id like to say that if you are purchasing a high spec PC that was designed for the sole purpose of gaming then you have to expect errors and things to go wrong with it.
<br/>
<br/> I am a Gaming PC enthusiast and spend alot of money on my PC fixing things that have burned out or broke! this year allone i have spent over a thousand pounds just on parts, New mother board, quad core processor, graphics card, 8 gig off ddr3 ram that i fried when over clocking and varous little things that have broke due to pushing them to far. Its an expensive game (and hobby). you have to expect problems, a pc that last for over a year with nothing going wrong is a miracle, it means you musnt be turning the thing on. for example if you buy a car for 2000 quid usualy naff all goes wrong with it, and if it does its usualy minor and easily fixed, but...you get your neighbor with his 100,000 pound bently and everything is going wrong with it all the bloody time, thats because everything is under so much more stress than the average car and thus more likely to break, Just like a Gaming PC. a gaming PC gets probably 75 percent more use than a normal home pc, its heavy on the processing, more heat is being developed due to the graphics card and the processor being used, and therefore is more likely to break. have you ever heard of the saying 'the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long'? Overclocking is not worth the hastle, if a company overclocks a PC before they sell it to you then the parts are void from the manafacturer, its a pointless thing to do. from lots of experience you might as well not bother, and instead just buy top of the range graphics cards and processors that you wont even have to overclock. for 2000 pounds i could have built a decent pc with i7 quad core, the best graphics card, a good motherboard and a decent amount of ram that you would get a amazing frame rate with nearly all the games on todays market.
<br/>
<br/>as for coolermaster cases, just like every manafacturer they all make cheep shit ones, but if you spend the money the cooler master have the best case;s out there, my friend has one and there is nothing on the market like it for cooling.

Southern Comfort's Response to mark lucas's Review

Written on: 04/01/2011

Thank you, for what appears to be an honest review of your purchases.
<br/>I have, in the past, gone for known brands with a good reputation but, to replace my 'nick nacked' computer, I was following reviews in computer magazines and, as more than one had given positive reviews on Chillblast, I had decided to give them a go.
<br/>Your review, however, has now changed my mind. I had always been under the impression that companies supplying their products to publishers for review, would 'go out of their way to impress', has now been confirmed - especially the scratched case and loose connections - has confirmed my impressions.
<br/>I shall now folllow my previous path of going for a well known brand - but away from PC World and the like - as I too realise that better bargains and after service can be had.
<br/>Thanks again.