Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Reviews

Summary

If you're looking for a new digital SLR Camera then look no further than the Sony A200. Sta\te of the art, modern technology with stlyish contemporary looks you'd be crazy not to find out more, so read the Sony A200 reviews here, at Review Centre.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Good for start”

Written on: 02/11/2012 by davidoff1972 (4 reviews written)

I wanted to start with DSLR cameras and I heard about Sony alfa A 200. I consulted it with my fried. He is professional photographer and he was surprised how good deal it was. He assured me that it is the best what you can get for good price for beginners. So for now I am satisfied with it… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Review: Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 ”

Written on: 25/07/2011 by rickymik (11 reviews written)

I started to look into dSLR's a while back and wanted a solid entry level camera at a reasonable price. A lot of factors such as "fit in my hand" (I have medium to large grip), Steady Shot, Versatile Lens' (not being sure how and what I will enjoy shooting), Ease of Use and Quality were very important. … Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“I love my Sony A200 the picture is Vibrant and with...”

Written on: 04/02/2011 by amadgwick (5 reviews written)

I love my Sony A200 the picture is Vibrant and with the Right memory can be really fast. However the lack of compatibility with flash's and mount has once again alienated sony. The functions are easy to use and the lense is perfect for any entry level photographer. Its main completion i believe is the Nikon D40X formally the D70, which in my opinion is a superior camera for usability.
The Sony is a great camera for the Price, But Due to sony's annoying compatibility i have only gave it 3… Read Full Review

Russellsbags's Response to amadgwick's Review

Written on: 17/10/2011

I have been a Sony Alpha user (A200, A700, NEX5) for 3 years now and I have never noticed any compatibility with flashes and \"mounts\"

Nearly all lens mounts are unique to the individual system so that's irrelevant and the flashes are coveted by many Canon & Nikon users anyway. The flash mount is different but it is the opinion of many that the Sony version is far superior. OK the lenses available across the whole range may not be as high a quantity as the Canon & Nikon alternatives but if you include the fully compatible Minolta AF range since around 1988 AFAICR there is an ample choice to cover pretty much any situation. Maybe the extreme telephoto end is not covered quite so well but the price, weight and size of the long lenses put them beyond the range or usefulness of the average photographer.

The Nikon D40X was a competitor but not much of one. It did not include any type of lens drive for non motorised lenses so was only compatible with a very small amount of lenses which had the motor inside. It was also 6Mp compared to the 10Mp of the Sony A200.

The D70 is a different camera altogether.

Sony is coming on leaps and bounds and the latest releases (A77, A65, NEX7) are taking the industry by storm.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Having used film for the last 50years I decided it...”

Written on: 09/10/2010 by HAC (1 review written)

Having used film for the last 50years I decided it seemed time for me to try this digital thing and bought a sony compact. Liked the instant playback on the rear screen and decided to look for an slr type digital camera,purchased a sony a200 based on price and spefication this camera was perfect to introduce me into digital photography good picture quality and colour,good frame rate,well made lenses,super steady shot which was a boon cosidering my age. I was so impresed with tha a200 that I… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“I bought the Sony A200k (comes with 18-70mm kit lens)...”

Written on: 28/09/2009

I bought the Sony A200k (comes with 18-70mm kit lens) in a desperate plea to get into the DSLR world. I have now been using this camera for a couple of years and have found very few faults in it. As a beginner camera, it is perfect, I have nothing bad to say about it; it handles perfectly, has an unbeatable ease of use and the quality of image produced (when done properly) lives up to my expectations. After using it to learn my way through the world of SLR, I can safely say the A200 is ideal… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“The Sony A200 is an excellent starter DSLR, 3 frame...”

Written on: 21/04/2009

The Sony A200 is an excellent starter DSLR, 3 frame per second particualrly useful for sport photos, had mine for about 9 months and has totally changed how i take photos, very easy to use with good software… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“The Sony Alpha 200 overall it is a good beginner dslr. ”

Written on: 15/03/2009

The Sony Alpha 200 overall it is a good beginner dslr.
The only problem for sony dslr is that there are not too many choices of lens… Read Full Review

Dogmad's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2009

There are quite literally thousands of Minolta lens compatible with the Sony A mount system, many of them blow away the quality of more modern, pricier lens.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Absolute Bargain price online for a DSLR, ”

Written on: 14/12/2008

Absolute Bargain price online for a DSLR,
Shake Reduction built into camera body - works with any lens..
For the money you can't go wrong.
USB connector port hidden under plastic flap is annoyingly placed… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Very fast AF and on off shutter lag better then the...”

Written on: 04/12/2008

Very fast AF and on off shutter lag better then the some of the competition for this price point also.
I did about 4months of research and found this better ( at least for me ) then even the nikon D40, or D60 maybe even the d80 for that matter as well as the canon XS XT XTI and XSI it performed more too my needs then those cameras did and if your thinking of getting it just make sure you really want a DSLR for the full manuel control such as aperture shutter DOF etc etc etc but also be prepered… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“I bought this camera as a replacement for a Fuji...”

Written on: 29/11/2008 by Dogmad (31 reviews written)

I bought this camera as a replacement for a Fuji S9500, although the pixel count is not that much different, 9 million on the Fuji and 10 million on the Sony, I find the Sony blows the Fuji away, but then we are talking compact camera verses DSLR, so not really a fair comparison.

My camera came with the supplied kit lens, a Sony 18-70mm F3.5-F5.6 and a dealer supplied lens, 70-300mm F4.5-F5.6.

I've found the 18-70 mm lens to be pretty good quality, unlike some bundled lenses with other… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“I'm new to digital SLR photography, but I've been...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

I'm new to digital SLR photography, but I've been using digital compacts for ages for work related stuff, and my old olympus compact gave up the ghost alone with my Fuji Finepix, so I had the ideal excuse! I've been using a Sony compact and was impressed with the battery life. Several friends use Nikons and Canon so I tried those out, but for me the Sony just seemed to work. You can set everything to "Auto" and it's just like a compact without the live display on the back so you have to use the… Read Full Review

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“Fantastic camera for beginners as well as...”

Written on: 18/08/2008

Fantastic camera for beginners as well as professional. Very solid build. Excellent picture qualtiy. Brill battery life. Best camera in its price range… Read Full Review