Star Tours UK Reviews

Star Tours UK - Ask a question now

“Panoramic Europe 15-11-14(5 Days)”

Written on: 21/11/2014

I was going through the reviews written by some of the fellow passengers in this trip.Was quite surprised these guys have included their names and the names of the staff while writing the review(didn't look at the left while typing it seems...).Anyways,this wasn't my first trip with star tours.I will be going through the things i liked first: 1.Tour Manager had good knowledge of the places we visited 2.Mount Titlis--operator provided plenty of time to enjoy 3.Meals at a restaurant named… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2014

Dear Client,

Thank you for leaving your comments on Review Centre.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed many aspects of your tour.

From the previous five positive reviews from your fellow travelers, our initial take was that the tour manager ensured an enjoyable experience for all.

However, I would appreciate if you were to contact me and allow us to discuss your comments.

Please feel free to give us a call or alternatively drop us an email.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

CRM
Star Tours LTD

“Treasures of Europe - 16th Aug 2014”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by oiWilloughby265 (1 review written)

The trip is worth the money. All the restaurants/food arrangements and hotels stays were decent except for the dinner on day 1 (Restaurant name was Meera something). All the items were watery and terrible. Covered even the optional night tours which was good. However, the tour manager Shahji doesn't seem to enjoy his work. He was complaining about almost everyone on the bus. And isn't much helpful when asked for more info about restaurants or places to see around when we had free time. He was… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your tour with Star Tours.

Could you kindly drop us an email to enable us to investigate the matters you have raised.

“Needs Much Improving”

Written on: 18/08/2014

Our trip was the Majestic Europe for 14 days. And let me say the positives first. We definitely were not let down by the amazing attractions we saw. Also having night tours were another way we could see the place. The coach and traveling were average too. However there are 3 main things I, and the other people traveling with us, would complain about. that is the accommodation in some places, the food and the tour manager. Don't get me wrong some of the hotels were absolutely amazing!!! But in… Read Full Review

Hastha48's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2014

I feel the above one is slightly exaggerated. I also had an opportunity to travel with Star Tours last month. As regards food, we had chosen Star Tours for Vegetarian ( i.e Indian Vegetarian) -lunch and dinner included on all days. I have seen that no other tour operators from India provide you with 2 time meals through out the tour. It is difficult to get vegetarian food of our liking in European countries every time and at every place. Considering the above,in my opinion, hot food was provided all the time except the two or three packed food which is unavoidable. Over all the food was good and tasty. I agree that the Star Tours should allow the tourists to freak out two or three times and taste and enjoy the local food.

Written on: 30/08/2014

Hi,

Thank you for leaving this review upon this social media website. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour.
We hope to serve you and your family in the near future.

Written on: 30/08/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Majestic Europe tour with Star Tours.

“Blank lie ”

Written on: 30/07/2014

I am highly disappointed with them and that too I am saying without taking the tour. I was planning to take 6 Aug European delights and had applied for the visa which I was supposed to get on 30 July. I had enquired about no of seats left on 29 July and they informed me that they have 10 seats still, at the same time they said that I need to confirm within 24 hours as they would close the booking soon since they need to finalize the itinary. They also asked me to fill the form and sent me some… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

“Ruined by Tour Manager”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by Murdockfw50 (1 review written)

Tour: European Delight, Star Date of Start: May 28, 2014 Agent Sameer, Atlanta Pick up Wembley, London Drop off: Southall, London Tour Manager: Atul Survey We a family of four (me, my husband and our two adult sons) booked the European Delight, starting May 28, 2014, with confirmed pick up as Wembley, London and confirmed drop off as Southall, London with all payment made 30 days in advance. Star Tours was recommended by one of our… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

Bg-Dallas's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2014

Emailed to
[removed]

bounced back from the second one. Please provide the email address where you want the email.

“Worst tour never recommend ”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by lqDuckworth334 (1 review written)

Had a very bad experience with star tour went to Paris Disney land for 3 days, whole tour was very hectic no time to relax. Every single night they dropped us so late at night. food was not good, waited outside of the restaurant (Bhojan) for more then 30 minutes for just entry after that we have been told to finish dinner as quickly as possible as they had to leave early. Hotel (Mercure) where we stayed not safe at all. With in the hotel campus my purse was stolen. Even tour manager's handbag… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Very average, plenty of scope for improvement”

Written on: 27/04/2014 by Brentonu383 (1 review written)

Me and my spouse recently went for the ''Swiss Express'' tour from 17.04.2014 to 21.04.2014. Though we had got good feedback about Star Tours, our experience was not quite good. Itenary : The itenary was very poorly planned.On one hand, we literally had to run to cover all the places in Mt. Titlis, while on the other hand, got more than an hour in Zurich which was not required. We were taken to Lucern for shopping on a day when all the shops were closed for Easter. Tour guide : Though… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Thank you for taking the time to contact Star Tours regarding your recent Swiss Express Tour which departed on the 17/04/14.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Poor tour manager Jagadish Shah ”

Written on: 24/10/2013

Some of the tour managers like to do their own shopping One of them wasted lots of time in the tour and did most of his own shopping There was less sight seeing and more of shopping by himself Perhaps that is why his name is not mentioned in any one of the good reviews His knowledge is good but would be better to change his attitude and take care of passengers rather than his own shopping Star tours have already been informed I hope they send senior tour manger with him so that they can… Read Full Review

“HORRIBLE SCOTLAND TOUR MANAGER Mr. RAJESH TAWADE”

Written on: 07/09/2013

I was on Scotland tour from 19 Aug to 22 Aug 2013. It was the worst tour of my life. Higly unprofessional and most horrible tour manager Mr. Rajesh Tawde(needs to be fired from his job immediately before he brings more disgrace and cause irrepairable damage to star tours reputation) spoiled the tour not just for me but the entire group. He was non-communicable from the start. A tour manager who does'nt know how to speak English or Hindi can you imagine!!! On the second day the Bus brokedown and… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review upon this social media site. We at Star Tours are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint. Upon reviewing your complaint we believe that an elaboration to you and those reading this review would be appropriate.
We at Star Tours take complaints against tour managers very seriously. The tour manager had informed the office immediately following the coach break down. As the coach had broken down at Loch Lomond situated within the Trossachs National Park, it was very difficult to get to the coach within a short duration of time. Whilst we had contacted the coach company, who arranged a mechanic, we were at the same time trying to find a replacement coach. As you can appreciate the tour had departed on a bank holiday weekend and it was very difficult to find a replacement coach. Once the mechanic arrived he had to physically check the components that were faulty. This procedure took longer than expected due to the lack of diagnostic equipment required, due to the location of where the coach broke down.
The tour manager is a seasoned professional who has been working with Star Tours for several years now. We are surprised to hear that he cannot speak English or hindi as this is a basic requirement we look for when recruiting our tour managers. The tour manager had indeed purchased snacks for the passengers after it became apparent that the repairs were going to take a while.
As you can appreciate a coach breakdown is an unforeseen circumstance and we ensure that all the coaches we deploy are of the highest standards and meet the safety requirements enforced by the authorities. Please do not let this incident affect your decision when choosing Star Tours as we mentioned it is not an occurrence we face regularly.

Star Tours UK LTD

Sapivinu's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

Several members of the tour group were constantly in touch with you and others from star tour office on the day of coach breakdown....have you ever wondered why customers should get in touch with you when there is a manager on site. Instead of he being the link between us and star tours it was the other way round. Infact he was a huge disappointment from the very beginning of the tour (even on day one due to his poor communication). After the breakdown incident for next three days he treated us like enemies. Have the standards of startours fallen so low that you call such an idiot 'seasoned professional'.Kindly withdraw these words as it shows even you in poor light. As for as his speaking abilities, 5-8 year old kids on tour could speak better english than him and his hindi is more of marathi. You mention that he is working with for years, I am sure this is not the first you have negative feedback about him (pls correct me if I am wrong).I wonder how come he still continues to be tour manager. BTW he purchased snacks only after he was taken to task by the gentlemen in the group after ladies and kids had become restless after nearly five hours of breakdown. Just to put the things in perspective, I had travelled on Majestic Europe tour on 05 Aug and on very first day our coach broke down. The manager handled the incident so professionally well that few customers were glad that there was breakdown!!! despite all the usual hardships. With him however it seemed like we were on some kind of funeral trip. The driver was more sensible and we wished he was our tour manager (he was the sole reason for the second star I gave). Please for heavens sake, for the sake of Startours which doing so very well right now and for the sake of hundreds of travellers who come to star tours to fulfil their once in a lifetime dreams kindly take him off from tour manager duties (or for that matter from any front desk job that involves direct contact with customers). He will most certainly ruin your company. I for one will never book Star tour again (sorry driver, inspite of good memories you gave to us) until I have confirmation that the tour manager no longer does the duty of tour manager as the thought of him as our tour manager can cause nightmare. Pls take my advice seriously as it comes (freely) from someone who has been working in service industry for more than 16 years including in recruiting and HR deapartments. Thank you.

Imrankhan.reviewcentre's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2013

Sorry to say but Star Tours still in the mode of denial for its deficiency in service & the quality of travel. Utterly unprofessional & misleading people.
The worst tour of my life.

Firstly, 19th Aug was not a long Bank Holiday Weekend as been made to understand by them in their reply to this review by one of my co-passenger. It was the 24,25,26th August, 2013 FYI.

Secondly, why were we mislead and made to believe that an alternate coach was been arranged in lieu of our coach that broke down, when actually only a replacement part was ordered for? Why were we kept in the dark for close to 8 hrs.

Thirdly, Loch Lomond is just 40 mins drive from Glasgow City and is not at all an isolated or remote location as been informed by the Star Tours. In fact its a very busy route bustling with tourist activities.

fourthly, mine was a family of 6 comprising my father aged 73 yrs ( On a wheel chair) & my younger daughter aged 9 months and had requested for seats in the first few rows so as to make stepping in & out for my parents easier.
But Star Tours lied to us by saying no to this, as according to them the seats were assigned on the first come first serve basis. Then why were we given seats in the 6-7th row (near the toilet) when serially we were 4th on the list to book this well in advance.

lastly, why the hell is Mr. Tawde made to deal with the passengers as he is not at all a Customer Service material, has big time attitude issues, is rude and blunt.
Why was he made our tour manager when he was more active on the Italian flight sectors and had last been to Scotland 2 yrs back. Also had very limited local Knowledge and was not at all entertaining.

Why is Star Tours just concerned about its profitability more then its reputation. Don't they know something called "exceeding customers expectations".

Why is a backup or a contingency plan not in place in the event of a break down?

Why was only 8 GBP per pax offered,when a days tour was lost due to no fault of ours. Why were we denied photo stops, Our stop at Fort Williams was skipped and were taken straight to the hotel at Inverness with no city tours or photo stops & on what basis was this figure arrived at? when we as a family had spent 50k INR Approx / day.

“Terrible Tour Manager Shaji”

Written on: 28/07/2013

A couple of months ago, we went on a European tour, Discover Europe with Star Tours. In general, the tour was something that we really looked forward to. It was for nine days and we travelled to Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland and France. The scenic spots were very beautiful, especially Switzerland and we will definitely go back to Europe, especially Switzerland, for another European break. I would definitely recommend Star Tours as a company. They generally, are able to capture the true… Read Full Review

“Egypt tour April 6th | below expectation”

Written on: 15/04/2013 by nithinnambiar (1 review written)

Pros 1. Nile cruise was the highlight of the tour with excellent food and facilities and friendly staff. 2. Local guide was friendly and entertaining. 3. Indian food provided at couple of Indian restaurants was good. 4. Airport transfers were on time and without any hassle. 5. Excellent swimming pool in Cairo(Pyramid park hotel). Cons. 1. Pyramid park hotel well below 5 star standards, Rooms were not good with broken furniture,hanging plug points & bad air conditioning. 2. No dinner… Read Full Review

Star Tours's Response to nithinnambiar's Review

Written on: 22/04/2013

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review upon this social media site.

We at Star Tours are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint. Upon reviewing your correspondence, we believe that an elaboration would be appropriate.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed part of your itinerary as we strive to make our passengers have an enjoyable experience throughout the tour.

The hotels we employ in all of our destinations are rated according to their local classification. The Pyramid Park hotel and resort is a 5* Egyptian standard property which fulfills all pre-requisites of a 5* property in Egypt. The property boasts a number of facilities which are available to clients at no or minimum charge, such as the swimming pool, fitness centre and sauna facilities. We are surprised by the comments you have made regarding the condition of the room. In instances such as this, the matter should have been resolved in resort by communicating the issues to the front desk or your local guide. We will certainly contact our agents regarding this matter and ensure that the same is not faced by our future clients.

The Pyramids of Giza are featured within the itinerary as a photo stop. This is where our clients are able to experience these ancient wonders and take wonderful pictures. The entrance to the Pyramids is not included as the attraction is not suitable for all travelers. The entrance is not accessible via wheel chair, neither is the path which is used to take you through the Pyramid itself. Individuals who wish to visit the Pyramid chamber have the option to purchase tickets on sight at a nominal cost. However our ground operator informed us that passengers requested to enter the Hetb Hers pyramid and were allowed to do so at no charge.

As water is not sanitized in the manner which it is in Western Europe, water is not as readily available and as such chargeable. Egyptian restaurants are not generally obliged to provide bottled water free of charge, due to the over head costs. This factor is not taken into the costing as it is a minor expense in Egypt for individuals to purchase water as and when required.

Due to political unrest, a strike which ensued amongst the train employees delayed and eventually terminated service for the route which you were scheduled to take. All flights from Cairo to Luxor were booked and the only other alternative was an over night coach journey which was agreed upon by all the members of the group. The dinner which would have been provided on the train was organized at short notice and was of an appropriate standard. The group was scheduled to stop on route to Luxor at a hotel; however the majority of the group preferred to travel directly to check-in within the cruise. This case of force majeure was unfortunate; however our ground handlers acted accordingly and arranged alternative transportation for you and your group. No elements of the sightseeing schedule were missed out upon. The operators ensured the safety of all in the group and worked to ensure that all on the tour were not affected by the political tensions within Egypt.

Within any group organized tour, there will be an opportunity for clients to shop at locations which the destination is famous. During your guided tour, your tour manager escorted you to reputable establishments which are geared towards providing tourists with a range of quality products within a controlled environment. Egypt is currently facing a downward economic spiral, and as such many street vendors will have a tendency towards striking hard and fast deals with unsuspecting tourists. Within tour-lead shopping excursions, tourists are able to learn interesting facts about the specialties of the destination as well as have the opportunity to purchase assured goods in safe, friendly environments. At some locations, tourist attraction stops are only meant to be photo stops and often 20 minutes will be sufficient for that specific location. The main portions of the sightseeing excursions which you would have taken were completed allowing appropriate time to explore and take photos.

Some locations within Egypt have been deemed as unsafe for tourists due to the political unrest which took hold of the country. Our ground handlers have altered the programme and substituted certain attractions for others where possible. The locations which you where unable to visit were changed due to a warning of unsafe conditions. The Nubian Museum remains closed and the Khan el Khalili bazeer was covered on day 8. Esna is a port which you visit on the second day of your cruise. That night you pass the Lock of Esna and dock. Early morning you will depart for the temple of Edfu on horse drawn cart. That night individuals have the opportunity to explore Esna independently, however as it is not guided, we have instructed tour guides not to allow clients to get into troublesome situations. This is simply due to the civil unrest which is spreading within the country.

We understand that you were unpleased by some instances which occurred during your tour. The majority of the issues which you elaborate upon are out of the control of Star Tours or our local ground handlers. We will certainly inform our ground handlers to ensure that all rooms are certified before check-in and if the problem arises in the future, we shall insist upon changing the hotel completely. You mention that you thoroughly enjoyed the majority of the services which you were provided such as the Nile Cruise and the courteousness of our local ground handlers and it seems that only a few instances were unpleasant. We hope that you appreciated the services which you were provided and the fact that during your tour, you and your group remained unaware of the countries troublesome situation. We will certainly look into improving the services which you mention within your correspondence.

We are disappointed that you have chosen this method of communication to readdress your concern with us and not contacted us directly. If you would like to contact us you may do so by addressing your correspondence to info@startours.co.uk and we will respond to you within statutory UK guidelines.

We hope that you will get in contact with us in the very near future

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Manjit Suri

Sales Manager

“Panaromic Europe Tour-23rd Aug, 2012”

Written on: 28/08/2012

Excellent Accomodation facilities along with great food. Lots and lots of travelling with very little time for sight-seeing- not a negative as that's the nature of the tour wherein you have to cover 4 countries in 5 days. Few words for the Tour Manager Mr. Hoshang- He has very good knowledge of the places and I thought he did an excellent job in giving as much information about the historic sights that we visited. Also, he managed the tour to perfection - I just wish he could make us(the… Read Full Review

“Spectacular Spain Tour (02 June 2012)”

Written on: 15/06/2012 by Hoskote (1 review written)

I am going to write a detailed review of this tour which in my opinion was not worth the effort or the money that we paid for it. We booked through Star Tours based upon the recommendation of our friends and it was a big letdown. Us: Family of 4: 2 adults + 2 Kids (Toddler + Infant). Tour Manager: Mr. Rayomand Tavadia 1. ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT: A very poorly organised and managed tour. We got to know in the beginning that this was only the 2nd time Star Tours was running the Spectacular… Read Full Review

“Paris 4 days trip was Ok but mind the Food ”

Written on: 09/06/2012 by Sudeepss (0 reviews written)

We had taken tour on 2nd June to Paris in coach no 15 and tour manager was Aisha. I would like to write my review Day wise Day 1:-The pickup was supposed to be at 05:15 at Southall. Tour Manager was already there but unfortunately the coach did not turn up till 06:30 which was a temporary coach up-to wembley. At Wembley we were made to take up another coach which had very less leg space. So the Bus started at 06:40 from Wembley to East ham and then to Dover and Calais. The Immigration at Dover… Read Full Review

Aparna's Response to Sudeepss's Review

Written on: 15/06/2012

yes very true... :)

Travellerstraveller's Response to Sudeepss's Review

Written on: 15/08/2012

Hi Guys, I have been with Star Tours atleast 04 times... And have traveled with other operators including companies like Trafalgar / Cosmos etc....

Firstly I would say, the way Star Tours operates is completely different to other...

I have seen that they do take a lot of efforts for the tour including the tour managers.

Unfortunately, its inside us ( Indians - from all over the world ) - please note
1) We have a habit of not reading the itinerary and not clarifying the doubts.

2) When we pay - we always prefer 5* service and many a times treat the tour manager as our servant.

3) We ourselves dont know how difficult is to handle 50 passengers at one time... The tour manager has to see that all 50 are looked after.... If he tries to give be too nice, we will take advantage...

4) If any part of the tour is missed, we are there to blame the tour manager and the company, then no-one thinks that we missed something because few passengers were late by 15 - 20 minutes.... At that time we blame the tour manager that he is not good with his timings.... Its all BLAME GAME ..... YOU KNOW THAT / BUT HARD TO ACCEPT ... ITS NORMAL ...

5) You need to understand, that when you travel in a group tour - you must respect the timing and its your responsibility. You are not on a holiday where you have your own sweet time....

6) Its very easy to point A finger. Specially when you wont get attention and or things dont go youR ways..

7) I would suggest that you must travel with a company like cosmos ets like more english.... see what they include, see how many places they cover... see how many additional tours they sell.... see their meals ..... see their pricing and finally their service.....
( One thing for sure, you will know the importance when you are left in middle of no where when you arrive 4 minutes late at a meeting point... The coach is gone and you shell out Euros 250 for your transfers back to your hotel..
I know - ask me / have gone through all this )

For me Star Tours much much better than other...

My suggestion is to do your own homework before you travel.... You dont do your homework and start blaming others... Still the MAHARAJA STYLE is not gone..

Best of LUCK....

Guest's Response to Sudeepss's Review

Written on: 16/06/2012

Have to agree with my co passenger on many of the things especially with regards to the tour manager. It is after all a"HOLIDAY". Not a school picnic where you're scolded for being late. You're supposed to be lazy, relaxed and enjoy your holiday. Not get reprimanded for doing what YOU want to do on YOUR holiday. I'm afraid Star Tours will have to periodically appraise / monitor their tour managers and even have some basic training programmes for them. The company of like minded holiday makers as my friend has pointed and the fact that Spain is such a wonderful place and of course the driver made us forget all these and have a wonderful time. This has seriously hampered our image of Star Tours. So as per the precious comment, they better pull up their socks, rather quickly.

“European Wonders - Gold Star Tour”

Written on: 05/06/2012

This is my initial experience with Star Tours, UK. First, I should have read reviews before making the booking, unfortunately not. Second, reviews are normally varied where some true experiences are lost in process. The booking experience has been most painful for following reasons: 1) very rigid and inflexible in payment methods being biased so that costs are not incurred by them and all costs are borne by customers (hidden and/or not). I presume the 5 star ratings come from folks who did not… Read Full Review

“Star tours, UK”

Written on: 02/06/2012 by skanda (0 reviews written)

I have travelled by startours (startours.co.uk) recently for a 3 day tour to Europe.From the tour booking to Food and accommodation nothing is good. I requested for reservation booking letter for schengen visa purpose , they issued the letter with out including my name and just included my family members name. luckily I called the embassy and resubmitted the visa letter in the last minute to get the visa. surprisingly Star tours are not prepared to accept the truth they gave me a wrong… Read Full Review

“Beware of silly/Inhuman cancellation/change policies”

Written on: 13/05/2012 by aschinch (2 reviews written)

The trip was very good. well organised, fantastic food and good hotels. But I will always remember them for their inhuman policies. They made my life miserable for 2 weeks. I had some issues of my work permit extension and waiting for confirmation. I told repeatedly that I will pay remaining amount as soon as I get confirmation. But they were always repeating their silly cancellation policies such as you need to cancel before 22 days or something like that. They were in no mood to listen and… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 18/05/2012

Yes, I fully agree with this. The first line support always is directed to Mumbai office who are very un-co-operative and not helping. I have traveled many countries and used different operators, but in terms of their change/cancellation policy, they suck big time. SOTC, Thomas Cook, European Destinations were much better in this respect. Also the Star Tours support seem to have a 'dont care' attitude - very disappointing.

Star Tours's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 14/06/2012

Dear Valued Clients,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the comment which we have made to the review placed by yourselves.

Upon reviewing your comments we believe that an elaboration is appropriate.

We are disappointed that your booking experience was not joyful and pleasant. We attempt to ensure that all of our clients are met with the prompt and responsive assistance pre and post tour. In terns of difficult situation as those which you have experienced, it is not unusual for clients to be unsatisfied with the options which they have available to them. Our terms and conditions state clearly the options which our clients have and you will find upon comparison that they are very similar if not more lenient than our competitors.

We are indeed in the process of installing an online booking system and we hope to launch this service within the next year. Our clients may indeed make payments to Star Tours via various means and channels such as via debit/credit card, cheque and online bank transfers. We would suggest that you consult with our customer service team for the appropriate method of payments open to you.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Star Tours and we hope to serve you and your family in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Mr. Jayshiv Parekh

Sunilvk's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 08/06/2012

JayShiv,

Yes, To add to it below and as I spoke to you:

1) impolite and unhelpful booking staff. They do not seem to understand customer question nor try to help solve to make bookings happen. The attitude was: you like it, take it or not. !!
2) make booking payments easier - payment online, paypal etc. Currently this is very painful with the bank and other charges, currency conversion and such.
3) let the staff read emails before asking questions already in emails.

Rest, your staff and Jay Shiv has further details.

Aschinch's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 07/06/2012

Mr. Jayshiv,

Tour Manager and driver were very good and helpful.
Even as I said, the tour experience was quite good.
But you need to improve in following areas -

1) Better/Practical cancellation/change policies
2) polite and helpful back office staff
3) Basic facilities such as seat selection

Sunilvk's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 05/06/2012

Mr. Parekh,

Please refer to Vijay your booking sales person. He is aware of complete details. It would be inappropriate to post details on Internet for your company.
The fact remains, the booking experience has been nightmare, unpleasant, rigid and very disappointing in all aspects - Gold Star service is really a No Star Service.

Star Tours's Response to aschinch's Review

Written on: 23/05/2012

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our page and share your experience with Star Tours.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services of our Tour Manager and Driver and the elements which went to complete your scheduled tour, however we are disappointed to hear that your tour experience was dampened by the issues which you have raised in your review.

We are disappointed to hear that your booking experience was not to your satisfaction. We feel that it would appropriate to elaborate on the points which you raise to grant clarification.

As an established tour operator, we are able to grant our clients with services and amenities of a superior standard at unbeatable prices not available to the general public through our industry ties. Unfortunately, these benefits are accompanied by highly ridged and strict cancellation policies placed upon us by suppliers and affiliates. You will find that other tour operators have very similar cancellation policies which are in place to safe guard the companies in question and ensure that financial security is maintained across the board.

As visa requirements are becoming more and more stringent, clients are always advised to ensure that they allow themselves enough time to obtain relevant visas well ahead of schedule. Personal circumstances may help or hinder the process of attaining visas; however the tour and visa requirements are two separate entities which must be considered on an individual basis. We at Star Tours will always attempt to be considerate toward the individual circumstances which our travellers find themselves and as an expert in Schengen Visas for individuals arriving from the Asian sub-continent, we are in the position to offer valuable information which will allow for Schengen processing to be smooth and hassle-free. In future, we would suggest that travel should be planned around the most convenient time to ensure that your visa requirements are granted well before your chosen departure date.

We are disappointed that you did not cherish your tour due to the various reasons which you state in your review. I hope that we have elaborated on your points for clarification and we hope that our points have allowed you to book a future tour to your satisfaction, however if you wish to discuss the matter in more detail please feel free to contact Star Tours directly for further clarifications.

We thank you for choosing Star Tours for your holiday experience and we are confident that if given the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future you will find no cause for complaint.

Star Tours LTD

“Star Tours - A Shattered Dream with Misspent Money”

Written on: 10/05/2012

Allured by their ad, my wife and I flew to London for availing one of their tours. From the beginning, I was concerned about our seating position, and before leaving Canada, called Star Tours a number of times requesting for a couple of seats towards the front side. Every time, the impolite reply was: the seating arrangement was automatic, done by the computer according the booking order – and that there was no way to change it. In the morning of April 25/12, a Star Tours bus picked us up at… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/05/2012

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our page to remark on your experience.

Within your review, you have mentioned various points which we believe an elaboration would be appropriate.

During the 25/04/2012 departure of the Panoramic Europe Coach tour, a double-decker coach was employed. The coach was specifically designed to accommodate a group of 77 passengers. The coach has two levels, the upper deck being accessible via staircase. To avoid the inconvenience of employing the staircases during boarding, the more vulnerable members of the tour were granted seats on the lower deck. We attempt to ensure that the more vulnerable members of our group are accommodated to the best of our abilities; however we are unfortunately unable to change the layout or composition of the attractions which we visit. Seats were available on the upper deck and could have been employed to accommodate you and your wife if you were not satisfied with the seats which you were allocated. In the future, we would suggest that you relay your sentiments to the Tour Manager on the tour to see if we are able to come to an amicable solution.

We believe that there has been a miscommunication in the point you make regarding the method of seating list construction. All of our seating lists are created by individuals of our in-house Operations team who take into consideration numerous points which are vital to compose correct and fair seat allocation. Seating preference in normal circumstances is based on booking reference numbers. To ensure fairness and continuity of policy, individuals who book in advance are granted front seats. We find that this policy creates incentives for individuals to book early and help to confirm tours well ahead of departure. This early confirmation allows individual to make concrete holiday plans without the fear of cancellation and the burden of expensive travel arrangements. Unfortunately, your group was one of the last to book aboard this specific departure and as such you were provided with seats towards the back of the coach. All those whom this applied to are informed prior to confirming their booking. To ensure that your group receives the seats which you request, please ensure that you make early reservations for the tour of your choice.

We at Star Tours employ coaches which go through rigorous and regular inspection to ensure that safety standards are maintained to the highest degree. Specific coaches vary due to different makes and models, however all coaches which Star Tours employ are fitted with microphones, DVD/CD functions, air conditioning, toilet facilities and appropriate safety devises. The coach depicted on our website is a typical 49-seat coach. This is a typical representation of the average vehicle which may be employed, however we clearly state that variation is possible from the depiction.

As with all group tours, our tour managers must cater for the group. In terms of entertainment whilst travelling, the tour manager must gauge the opinion of the entire group and find compromise when appropriate. Both music and movies are played whilst on tour and special requests are taken from the entire group.

We hope that you enjoyed the various excursions, quality of hotels and dining experience which have provided as part of your tour package. We hope that these elements highlighted the level of service which we provide at an unbeatable price point.

Star Tours LTD

“Discover Europe Tour 15-23 Aug 11”

Written on: 10/09/2011

We participated in this tour for 9 days and our experience was not so great. Food: We opted for this tour being vegetarian. But food, although vegetarian, was horrible, specially lunch. poor arrangement, Hygeine - less than average, standing on road side, perhaps not legal to cook at these places, oily. You feel as if some one is obliging. Tour Manager : Udai: He is more adminstrator to tourists than a tour manager. Doesn't keep his own time but will blame tourists for all delay. Not a good… Read Full Review

“Been on the recent Star tours Belgium and Holland trip...”

Written on: 07/05/2011

Been on the recent Star tours Belgium and Holland trip with my wife and daughter. The good things were- the trip was well organised, acceptable hotel stays and kept its word as per the itinerary, besides I think value for money wise it is fairly acceptable. The bad things- very much catering to a Northy/Gujju population. Food just about palatable, but not so if you are a non-vegetarian. There is nothing exceptional about the kitchen caravan and certainly didn't enjoy being stood outside tourist… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2011

What do you have against Gujjus muching away all the time in the bus!! LOL Are you a "southie"?

Milind2411's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2013

no he is english, born and brought up here :) lol