Star Tours UK Reviews

Star Tours UK - Ask a question now

“Web Advertised Group discount denied”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by Muraliboppini (1 review written)

We group family living in different countries had planned for Europe trip. After reviewing in social network,we decided to go with star tours. We three siblings and family members paid thro online and provided the booking reference # for the group discount which was advertised in star tours site.. But we were shocked and disappointed to know that this discount is applicable for single booking. Even credit card limit will not allow us to do single booking Even we argued that all the three… Read Full Review

Prasadshetty's Response to Muraliboppini's Review

Written on: 21/05/2015

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the comment which we have made to the review placed by yourselves.

We at Star Tours are highly surprised by the comments which you have made and are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint.

Upon reviewing your comments we believe that an elaboration is appropriate.

in our terms and conditions for this discount we have made it very clear that the Discount will only be applied if there is a minimum of ten passengers on the original booking. Passengers cannot be added to existing bookings to utilise the discount.

We are sorry you felt the discount was not applied appropriately, however it was in line with our terms and conditions.

We thank you for choosing Star Tours for your holiday experience and we are confident that if given the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future you will find no cause for complaint.

Star Tours LTD

“poor attention for disabled person”

Written on: 15/04/2015

i am disappointed with the level of poor service given to my disabled wife despite of me informing in writing while making the booking. tour manager is the lease co-operative and does not have any understanding about how a disabled person would feel when you dont treat them with there needs. i regret on booking with star tours as coming from USA to enjoy europe this is one of the worst experience have had… Read Full Review

Aasifkazi's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2015

May be it happened but I saw with my eyes they treat disabled tourist in their tour like a Princess and on priority basis. Anyways Human differ from one another...

“Worst Trip Ever”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by ltBarr1986 (1 review written)

I went to the Historic Scotland tour with Star Tours in the Easter time 3-6 April 2015. I had enquired with the star tours before booking the trip if I can travel with my 3 yr old daughter and they said there was no problem at all. But to my astonishment I faced lot of problems. First Day we were asked to have dinner at Glasgow in 30 mins. There was a long queue and after taking the dinner from the boufet only 15 mins were left. I am not sure how anyone can dine in 15 mins with baby.We were… Read Full Review

“Terrible tour with worst Tour Manager”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by mani1801 (1 review written)

Me and my wife booked Panoramic Europe tour with Star tours from 31st Dec 2014 to 4th Jan 2015. We booked online and the transaction was smooth. But the tour itself was not at all worth. Coach and the staff Let me first talk about the coach, tour guide and coach driver. Our tour guide was  was the worst part of the tour. He was so not energetic. He was telling about everything as if we had pushed the play button of the radio. Whenever he started speaking, everybody in the bus started feeling… Read Full Review

Prasadshetty's Response to mani1801's Review

Written on: 03/02/2015

Dear Valued Client,

Upon reviewing your comments we believe that an elaboration is appropriate.

We at Star Tours employ coaches which go through rigorous and regular inspection to ensure that safety standards are maintained to the highest degree.

Specific coaches vary due to different makes and models, however all coaches which Star Tours employ are fitted with microphones, DVD/CD functions, air conditioning, toilet facilities and appropriate safety devises. The coach depicted on our website is a typical 49-seat coach.

This is a typical representation of the average vehicle which may be employed, however we clearly state that variation is possible from the depiction.

As with all group tours, our tour managers must cater for the group. In terms of entertainment whilst travelling, the tour manager must gauge the opinion of the entire group and find compromise when appropriate. Both music and movies are played whilst on tour and special requests are taken from the entire group.

We would also like to inform you that we take complaints against our tour managers very seriously hence we would kindly request you to drop us an email with further information regarding this issue.

Mani1801's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2015

Good to see that someone does respond.

Regarding the Coach, it was definitely not in its best shape. It needed some maintenance which should have been done before the start of the tour.

Regarding the tour, most of the people in the bus wanted to do the same things which i mentioned in my earlier comment but he was only interested in showing which is mentioned in the itinerary. He was not at all flexible.

The driver was a bit of rude most of the times.

Music and Movies were never of our choice. Nobody even asked us. There should have been the facility to atleast have some hot water of a small cup of drink in the bus even if it is paid.

Prasadshetty's reply to Mani1801's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2015

Dear Valued Client,
I also feel that you were dissatisfied with the actions which your tour manager took to rectify the situation and pacify your group. We will be in discussion with the tour manager and ensure that the same is not repeated on any other occasion, on any other tour
I fully appreciate that the service which you received on your tour caused you disappointment. I would like to ensure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously.
We will be speaking to the coach company in terms of the driver’s behaviour during your tour. Coach drivers are required to adhere to any reasonable requests which passengers or tour managers ask. We will be consulting the coach company to ensure that a positive atmosphere is maintained during coach travel for all of our valued clients.

We would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and allowing Star Tours to improve and grow for our future clients. We would like to assure you that if you were to decide to travel with Star Tours in the future, you will find no further cause for complaint.

Thank you for choosing Star Tours for your holiday experience and we hope to serve you and your family in the very near future.

Shubh.paras's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2015

Dear Mr Shetty,

By Looking at this review I am now afraid as I am suppose to travel on April to Europe.

Especially my concern is over vegetarian food - Is this correct that there may be a condition where you bring us to a place where no vegetarian food will be available?

Can you please confirm?

I look forward to have a positive experience in April.

Thanks
Paras

Venugopalbalan's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi, the above review is 100% true. We also faced same problem with the same tour manager. Totally it was a horrible experience. Anyways I am going to write a separate review as well.

“Treasure of Europe - 16th August”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Myerskn190 (1 review written)

We did this tour along with our parents and brother who have joined us from India. The tour itinerary is well thought out, however the tour operator or star tour operations team has no compassion for any unfortunate incidents that happen to tourist during the tour. Our parents had to leave middle of the tour (at end of day 4, this is a 9 day tour) from Rome as my grand mother expired. It is not an anticipated event, so we requested star tours to consider our case and look into any reimbursement… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/09/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your tour with Star Tours.

We at Star Tours are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint.

Could you kindly drop us an email to enable us to investigate the matters you have raised.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Panamic Europe Tour was totally wastage Aug 21 -25, 2014”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Zavieri413 (1 review written)

Totally wastage and marketing strategy of star tours is not on planned. They didn't cover all important places. You know what covers in Pananic Europe Tour: 1) Belgium - Local chocolate factory, Brussels City centre 2) Germany - BlackForests - Cucku clock 3) Swiss - Lousen, Engleberg, Yash Chopra Place, Rainfalls, Timberfalls, Geneva (Sight seeing on bus) 4) Paris - Eiffel Tower, Paris by Night tour (Sight seeing on bus), River sen drive Indian Food are horrible. Only Good part and… Read Full Review

D6Abg's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Totally agree with this comment, I have just come off this tour and had the same experience. Also as this was the tour managers last trip he could not careless for the customers.

“Treasures of Europe without Disney ”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by ArmaniLittle1946 (1 review written)

Firstly I would like to say the negative things I experienced. Everything was done too quickly, we were not given sufficient time to view some of the most important things on the trip eg the colleseum in Rome (10 minutes to take pictures from far away). Secondly Italy was the main country we wanted to visit however we were not notified before the trip that the treve fountain and colleseum were being renovated and so we ended up seeing scaffolding and an empty fountain with everything coveted… Read Full Review

Sahil.vasisit's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2014

Guys my experience was also very similar in terms of getting correct time on places which were important and also even missing lot of good places in Paris .. Yes again we were not informed beforehand that rome is being restored at this time and so we will end up seeing only scaffolding in most places in Rome .. Whereas with regards to tour manager .. We had best experience .. Very well mannered, jolly and engaging .. Food was good at most of times except few breakfast..

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Treasures of Europe - Worst 9 days”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by Madden1967 (1 review written)

I was expecting star tours to be an amazing trio based on popularity and advertisements however this was not the case! The tour manager was the most arrogant and rude person ever with no consideration for who he's speaking to (children and elderly) He treated everyone who spoke to him like a piece of trash!! He was the most unapproachable person and when asking him for something, he would just sit on his phone texting instead of paying attention to anyone!! The food was not the best, most being… Read Full Review

Anilbhange's Response to Madden1967's Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Who was the Tour Manager... what is the name ???

Star Tours's Response to Madden1967's Review

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Think twice before you choose .... !”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by SamuelMiller (1 review written)

went on 4days disney tour .. everythinng went well except the rude behaviour of driver who took us back from wembley to liverpool on aug 11. It was very stormy and rainy day and we were with 4 kids but driver never stopped at a safe location instead he just stopped the car at drop off point and asked us to get off . so some typical Indian drivers of this firm ruined the good will of this company and we talk to everyone in liverpool about this bad behaviour of this driver . Never recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2014

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Startours is the worst experience!!”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by czReid498 (1 review written)

I took a 9 day Europe trip for 30 Aug and before 3-4 weeks of the travel date, got a call from Startours that they did not get enough passengers so please choose any other date or a full refund. Surprisingly, another colleage is being offered a different date. I opted for 16 Aug trip to Europe and due to non validity of my schengen visa I was not able to continue. Startours did not help me in any way to get back to my house nor they offered any other tours or partial refund. I called up… Read Full Review

Kaushalmehta's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

ITS WORST TOUR ORGANISERS !!! I agree with you, their office and the manager, Manjeet are pathetic,,, they are rude, arrogant and very indecent,,,i think they are not on the ground and they think they are the best of all!! We also were not able to get the schengen visa due to holiday rush, but star tours asked us for 25% deduction. We had made booking thru their UK office and my father made it from India office. From India they charged my father 12.5% as cancellation charges!! Their different offices follow different cancellation policy ! To avoid that deduction of 25% we went for scotland package. Hotel in London was pathetic,, phones were not working, star tours made us wait for one and a half hour at the airport, didnt pick us up from the hotel for dinner on the day we arrived in london and kept us starving. One should not expect much from startours !!

Written on: 30/08/2014

“WORST EXPERIENCE”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by KaushalMehta (1 review written)

Had visited UK Package from 24th to 26th July and Scotland Package from 28th July to 1st August 2014. Had the worst experience of my life at Star Tour office @ Wembley.... Most indecent person at senior position! Tour Manager,  for our Scotland was great ! Also the tour guide was great ! Great knowledge on Scotland history and places ! Had to call & wait for long time on the airport as no one was present at the airport to pick us up in-spite of sending them the flight itenary well in… Read Full Review

Star Tours's Response to KaushalMehta's Review

Kaushalmehta's reply to Star Tours's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2014

Manjit, i am surprised that you are writing to us ! The complaint is about you, i hope you remember me ! If not then let me remind you that you had told me to raise complain to anyone as you do not care of any one nor Girishbhai or any other director !

“Terrible Holiday - wrecked by tour manager”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by qhShepherd155 (1 review written)

HOLIDAY FROM HELL WRECKED BY THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, IRRESPONSIBLE, ARROGANT, RUDE, DISGUSTING TOUR MANAGER !!! This complaint is on behalf of the whole group on this tour who are seeking a written apology and a full refund including optional tour costs or another tour in lieu of it. All of us have either been on a tour with them earlier or have been recommended by family or friends so this complaint / review is genuine ! TOUR NAME : ITALY BY FLIGHT TOUR DATE : 30 JULY 2014 TO 03 AUGUST 2014… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

Khaskeli's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2014

Please provide us with your Directors' email so that we can report it in detail to them.

It is tour managers like Santosh who are ruining the reputation of your company.

We want this matter to be taken up by your Directors / Top management !

All members of this tour

“14 DAYS OF RAYMOND REGIME, JULY 19 TO AUG 1, 2014.”

Written on: 03/08/2014

AFTER READING REVIEWS OF TOURS ON REVIEW CENTRE, TRIP ADVISOR AND OTHER SITES WE DECIDED TO TAKE YOUR MAJESTIC TOUR OF 14 DAYS. PEOPLE COME ON TOURS TO HAVE FUN AND NOT TO TAKE THE WHIP. HERE WE HAVE A TOUR MANAGER WHO ALWAYS WANTS IT HIS WAY. EXTREME PUSHING FOR TIME AND FIRST SLOTS EVERYWHERE. THERE WERE OTHER COACHES RUNNING TOGETHER AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS WITH DIFFERENT TOUR MANAGERS. THE OTHER COACHES WOULD TAKE THINGS EASY WHEREAS WE WERE ALWAYS TOLD TO HURRY UP AND WERE GIVEN WRONG… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

Thank you for recommending Star Tours.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Pathetic Guides & very racist !!”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by hgtm (3 reviews written)

The guides are very non inclusive and only care about their Gujarati customers. It's a very huge disappointment for my parents and any non gujrati people should not take their tour. Few examples :- a) They give best seats to gujrati people b) Most of the time they only speak in gujrati c) Hugely demeaning guides and stupid service d) atrocious customer service … Read Full Review

Star Tours's Response to hgtm's Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

Star Tours UK Ltd

“cancelled the trip at a short notice”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by lenapalaniyappan (1 review written)

booked a trip for 3 - my parents and mother in law were much delighted that an Indian-food providing tour service is there in the UK. After all the plans, 3 weeks before the date, the trip to Ireland was cancelled. they did not have enough members for this trip. Oh dear - to get the refund they asked me to write request for the refund - though the cancellation was entirely their own making and an automatic full refund is what we should be getting. really disappointed… Read Full Review

Star Tours's Response to lenapalaniyappan's Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Behaviour of the tour manager was extremely bad”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by EzequielVega (1 review written)

Over all tour of panoromic europe is not bad. But the tour manager behaves like he is doing favour to the passengers by giving his service. His behaviour was extremely bad. They charges 15 euro for paris by night, and gave only 10 mins in iffel tower. They drop us there on 10:55 and ask us to be back by 11:05, we come back at 11:09, and he called us stupid in front of all the passengers. After that we came to hotel only, nothing was dependent… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Worst experience with star tours won't reccomend to...”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by McCollumwx371 (1 review written)

Had a very worst experience with star tours. Went to Paris four day trip, while coming back we could not find our baggage on the coach. The coach manager said some passenger might have taken by mistake. After three days they said they got a baggage and we paid for the delivery which cost us 30 pounds but we got wrong baggage. Then they said it was a lost property they could not find it and promised us that they would send us a letter regarding the lost baggage so that we could claim from our… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Paris 4 Day Tour with Star Tours.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Nightmare Experience- Anjali Ruined our dream trip”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by rathlam1 (1 review written)

Just returned from 5 Days Three Capital Tour.. The worst service possible.. Tour Manager was rude and arrogant to the core. Skipped many places listed in itenary stating parking issues ( Eg, Atomium in Belgium, Free time for shopping in Paris, Photo stop at Windmill, Amsterdam, Amsterdam City Tour.. etc). When requested to play music.. the response we received was - the CDs are not Handy and Can't play the music now". The worst happened when she left group of 9 people (including 1… Read Full Review

Manu1907's Response to rathlam1's Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

I was a co-passenger in this tour along with my wife and a child. We are also disappointed the way this tour was conducted.

We had travelled other European destinations on our own (including Switzerland, Italy etc.). However, this trip was least fulfilling primarily due to arrogant and super non helpful tour manager.

Some of the instances include - skipped a few stops mentioned in itinerary, left a group of people at one of the destinations and blamed other travellers, no free time in Paris (even though mentioned in itinerary), not inclined to get on additional paid tours, missed laser show at Disney due to early pickup, etc.

Caution for future: Ask for your tour manager and feedback on future travel with star tours.

Rathlam1's reply to Manu1907's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2014

Just today learnt from a colleague that, leaving behind passengers, skipping the destinations are WELL known behavior of few tour managers. And the support group goes DEAF for such concerns and the Customer Relation Manager goes on long holidays ( Standard response) when one tried to reach him/her for help.

Star Tours's Response to rathlam1's Review

Written on: 15/05/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Three Capitals Tour with Star Tours.

Dear Manjit Suri,

It dont seem like you are really concerned with this complaint!!

We had already sent out our complaints (4-5 different emails ) and were asked to wait for 28 DAYS !! to get any email from you.. Apparently I learned from our group member that after several attempts made by them, you promised them to call everyone from the tour group.. but none of us received any phone calls.

If no action been taken over this matter, we will for sure go to the press.

Star Tours's reply to Rathlam1's Comment

Hi

We are investigating this matter hence we kindly request some countenance as we handle the queries. We have spoken to a few passengers already and we will continue to do the needful.

Hi,

You pretty well know.. 4 out of 9 people are traveling back to India (with worst possible memory of this trip) by end of this month.. and your slow process will change the things to worst.
It already over 10days since we complained to you (through emails) and phone calls. How much more time do you need to investigate such an awful behavior of your staff and the trauma it caused to the tour group?

Rathlam1's reply to Rathlam1's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2014

The more i dig into this.. i am getting disgusted.. Yesterday met 2 more members, who had suggested us the Star "Worst" tours. and on casual discussion they also disclosed that, the same INFAMOUS operator had left people behind in those two groups as well .. " They were on scotland trip and paris trip respectively". and said.. she has bad ego issues.

And said.. they didnt complaint due to cold response from support...

Written on: 21/05/2014

Today it is Day 13!!! Look like AGAIN you are on your 28 days of Vacation period.. WAKE UP!!! and respond.

Written on: 23/05/2014

Hello Manjit,

Learnt from one of our group member that, you responded to couple of our queries. Thank you for that.
Yet we all are demanding an open apology letter from Tour manager Anajali to be sent out to each of us and if possible you should terminate her service for her bad conduct.
As we been stressing, Star Tour is getting worst feedback because of this one person.. and you need to act immediately.

Regards,

Star Tours's reply to Rathlam1's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2014

Dear Sir,

Could you kindly contact us so that we can speak to you directly.

Written on: 06/06/2014

Dear Manjit,

Sure, we all tried to contact you through your support group .. with no luck.. so i felt this is the best forum to contact you..
As I have clearly mentioned.. your tour manager owe an apology for her misconduct and send out an open letter accepting her rude behavior.

Thank you.

“Terrible experience on Swiss Express”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by prash.pathak (1 review written)

Just came back from 5 days tour on Star Tours' Swiss Express and had a terrible experience on the tour. Almost all the tourists had similar experience and informed the tour manager about the inconveniences and he only asked us to provide feedback at the end of tour, never ever saying a sorry. Giving feedback can only benefit the next tour group but what about enormous money charged to current customers. First of all, they claim that tourists will stay in 3-4 star hotels however we're dumped… Read Full Review

Star Tours's Response to prash.pathak's Review

Written on: 15/05/2014

Thank you for leaving this review upon this social media website regarding your recent Swiss Express Tour.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Very poor service by Star Tours”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Rylandu207 (1 review written)

Please see my compliant below: To whom it may concern; I am writing to complain about a Startours Italy by Flight tour that we had taken from 27th August until 1st September. Our reference number is: 45013/1 & 45033 Sorry for the late complaint however I did call your office the day after we landed informing you that I had a complaint but could only put it in writing later as I was very busy at work. We are returning customers who were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Thank you for taking the time to contact Star Tours regarding your recent Far East Tour which departed on the 15/03/14.

Could you kindly drop the complaint letter by email to enable us to investigate the matters you have raised.

Kind Regards,