Star Tours UK Reviews

Star Tours UK - Ask a question now

“TERRIBLE STAR TOURS”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by 56Schultz (1 review written)

we just had essence of Holland tour through Star Tours Wembley. their rented coach was terrible the tour guide had terrible sense of humour. avoid if you can … Read Full Review

Written on: 28/04/2016

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. If I could ask you to kindly contact us with your details, so we can make this right for you.

Star Tours Customer Care Team

“Even we had the same experience.”

Written on: 15/03/2016 by 193Moser (1 review written)

They should have specified whether we will be getting the visa within the trip date. Even we have lost 50% of the amount… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/03/2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. Firstly I would like to start by saying sorry for any frustration you may have experienced during your visa processing.

In addition to my apology, I would like to provide you with some feedback regarding the cancellation cost.

I would stress to you that we have clearly highlight visa situations to you at time of booking, and guide you the best possible way consulting embassies.

unfortunately you were unable to do visas in the time frame, duration you had due to various factors, we would ask you to get in touch with us directly for us to shed more light on your circumstance.

Star Tours Customer Care Team

“Not trust worthy, be aware of this company”

Written on: 10/03/2016 by dinesh.badgoti (1 review written)

I booked the tour for France and Belgium, they confirmed the tour and even provided me Visa letter to get the Schengen visa which mentions the travel date, name of hotels etc. and now 20 days before departure they cancelled the tour. Now since time is so lessa dn tickets are so costly, I am unable to replan everything. All our easter term holiday plan is wasted. Do not trust them. … Read Full Review

Startoursltd's Response to dinesh.badgoti's Review

Written on: 21/03/2016

Dear Dinesh Badgoti,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. Firstly I would like to start by saying sorry for any frustration you may have experienced during your visa processing, and tour cancellation.

I would stress to you that we have clearly highlighted that tours are subject to minimum numbers. All bookings are in place for us to issue you a visa letter, should we not meet the minimum number we usually release the services and refund the amounts due.

Star Tours Customer Care Team

“****Terrible tour company dont trust them***”

Written on: 28/01/2016 by Pauljit19 (1 review written)

We booked the tour on February 24th today morning they called and said they have to cancel the tour because there is not enough passenger, we have deposited £240.00 pound which they said they will refund the amount hopefully but we have paid visa fees £170.00 pound and we booked flight its near about £120.00 and paid for hotel for 23rd £105.00 and all the trip we booked on month of December which is non refundable so we loss £395.00 only for this STAR TOUR but the don't care about that and… Read Full Review

Startoursltd's Response to Pauljit19's Review

Written on: 08/03/2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sad to hear your feedback, there are times due to numbers that we have to cancel the tour, we will always refund your tour cost to you in full in such circumstances. We are bonded by ABTA and ATOL and will always work in practices set out by them.

If there is anything we can clear up for you or additionally check please do get in touch with us.

Customer Sales Team

“Star tours review Suggestions: Wifi: In this day and...”

Written on: 14/09/2015 by Hiteshreviewcenter (1 review written)

Star tours review Suggestions: Wifi: In this day and age it's a necessity. Saying that we won't pay attention if we are on wifi is not a legitimate excuse as the person I dealt with told us. We need to check emails. We need to place things into the cloud. We need to pay bills. Send texts. Phone calls through what'sapp. Audio/Video: So Many interruptions and pauses/freezing during movies. Damn it change the DVD's. It's easy and cheap to replace DVD's these days. Essentially zero cost to get… Read Full Review

Startoursltd's Response to Hiteshreviewcenter's Review

Written on: 18/09/2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would firstly like to thank you for reviewing our services. I was disappointed to learn that you were not happy with the tour, and I would like to not excuse our service, but to give you a clearer understanding of some concerns you have raised above. I will bullet point some of the concerns to make it more efficient for the review site.

• All our optional tours are only possible if time permits; and where offered, any customer is entitled to refuse any optional they wish not to go on.
• We have found from previous feedback that majority of our customers prefer Asian food, which is what we aim to provide, I understand it may not be to everyone’s taste, however we do vary some of our meals to incorporate continental dishes in Austria, Rome and Florence.
• Our Hotels are chosen with great care and attention and hotel themes and styles can vary region to region. The hotels chosen are on the outskirts of the city to ensure not only an affordable and competitive price but to be in line with our competitors, whom offer similar packages.
• All our breakfasts are continental breakfast consisting of bread, croissant, yogurt, Juice and Tea/Coffee. I can assure you the breakfast given at all the hotels actually surpassed the continental breakfast
• Wi-Fi is offered in all of the hotels we use, there are a few which are payable however majority of the hotels we use do offer free Wi-Fi.
• Converters are available at all our hotels (subject to availability).
• Majority of our Hotels do have AC, where the hotel does not have AC they have a fan blowing system.
• The tour chosen unfortunately does not cover Sistine Chapel. As you can imagine Vatican is a much loved holy site with travellers flocking in their thousands so queues are always expected.
• Our guides we use our local guides, with local information and who are well versed in the region with heritage from the region, we believe this allows maximum efficiency and knowledge for our customers.
• I accept you found the travel journey times long, however we have mentioned this is a coach tour, and distances of travel are inevitable. We aim to provide a cost effective way of travel where you can see maximum number of sights and attractions in the possible time frame we have.
• We do charge for transportation with Lido, as we do not only cover you travel expenses but also used a Star Tours accredited vehicle(s) which fall under our jurisdiction should anything happen under our PLC insurance.
• In terms of the Eiffel Tower, the reservation system has changed from 2012, where groups are subject to online reservation systems that are done on a first come first served basis that need to be booked 90 days in advance. It is no longer the case you can enter without queuing up unless you have one of these reservations, which are not available on all tours, due to the restrictions by Eiffel Tower and not Star Tours. As you can appreciate the Eiffel Tower, Louvre are respectively the worlds most visited paid monument and most visited museum in the world so queues are inevitable.
• All our lunches are vegetarian and Dinners will offer One Non-vegetarian dish.

I am again very sorry to lean that your experience is not a good one with us, and we have not filled your personal expectations.

I hope I have covered some of the points you have raised. Please do get in touch with us if we can be of further assistance.

Star Tours Customer Service Team

“1 Star Tours - rushed 9 day European Explorer! ”

Written on: 01/09/2015 by McLain184 (1 review written)

Please make sure the person I dealt with is not your Tour Manager. Horrible and arrogent. Disrespecting India and folks coming from India on the Tour, and lots of references to Indian Timings. Lots of late finishes i.e. dinner at 10.30pm, and regularly after 9pm - too late for children, and wakeup calls from between 5.30am to 7am - very difficult for families with young children. He often vanished once party reaches places to visit, and not once did he come and ask if anyone had any problems… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent tour with us. We are of course most alarmed to learn that you were extremely disappointed. I appreciate you bring this matter to my attention and the opportunity to address your feedback. I believe you have been in touch with us and we investigated whole matter.

We are sincerely sorry that your tour experience did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve. Once again, thank you for posting the review.

Constructive feedback is critical to us in our constant bid to improve, nevertheless we will continue to evaluate our procedures. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future to show there are better experiences to be had with us.

Customer Care Team

“A Huge Dissapointment!”

Written on: 26/08/2015 by abhijit.mufti (1 review written)

We booked a 4 day Paris tour & what could have been a memorable experience for my family turned out to be a sheer dissapointment! To start with,we reached the pick up point & there was no Tour Manager present except the driver.No verifications done,no seats allocated & everybody just rushed in.A lady arrived in 15 minutes & asked us to vacate the bus,inspite of everyone being seated as she wanted to do a head count and allocate seat numbers! She probably should have been on time to get this… Read Full Review

Startoursltd's Response to abhijit.mufti's Review

Written on: 19/09/2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent Tour with us. I was of course most alarmed to learn that you were extremely disappointing. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and the opportunity to address your concerns and feedback. I have personally investigated what occurred in the morning of your tour, and my operations team has informed me that due to road traffic conditions the Tour Manager was running late, the driver did allow all to board the coach so you were not standing outside. I am very sorry that your Tour experience did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve in all aspects of your tour. Once again, thank you for posting the review. Constructive feedback is critical to us in our constant bid to improve our products and services, in light of your feedback we will continue to evaluate our procedures to ensure they meet with the expectations of all our clients. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again at Star Tours.

Customer Care Team

“The crazy TM”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by 451Hastings (1 review written)

Please make sure the person I dealt with is not your Tour Manager. Horrible and Arogent. Accusing India and folks coming from India on the Tour. Prime importance is only about Toilet and not about seeing places He is never with the team and disappears once we reach the place of visit. Please cancel your bookings if Crazy man is your TM This review is on our current 9 day E.E Tour and we are on our 5th day. Assigns a tour guide for less hours in Rome and we reached inside vatican… Read Full Review

Chess4Me's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2015

They're all same. Our tour manager was Khushru and he wasn't any better. He was with us all the time but very discouraging person and rude (I belive). He was treating all of us as he paid for the trip. We felt like we were travelling in coach in the India where no customer service and etc. The hotels were good overall except one in Italy horrible but it was scenic. The food was great first two days (Chocolate factory, dinner same night and lunch in Black forest) rest was average food and Bhojan in Paris was pathetic they were rude and their staff engage in physical fight with one of the tourist in the bus and tour manager was silent and felt Bhojan employees and owner wasn't at fault. Later I found out this TM lives in Mumbai and only comes to UK during the three months season; so he has no clue in terms of customer service and all.

I wrote a nasty review on this board and star tour asked reviewcenter to remove it.

“Beaware of misleading reviews AVOID”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by Daniel299 (1 review written)

We did panaromic tour as a family of 6 after reading reviews here but it turn out to be completely opposite. I will give you an honest review so no one else get cheated by them. Let's talk about the journey travel time first, if you love being a coach staff than may be you will like this as everyday on average you will be travelling 700-800 Kms and every spot you will be rushed and will have no time to explore around and the iternary is misleading and they will say you many countries but… Read Full Review

Chess4Me's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2015

We did Europe Treasure 9 day tour from July 27 - Aug 4 2015 and it was horrible experience.

Thanks!
Your comment has been successfully submitted
They're all same. Our tour manager wasn't any better. He was with us all the time but very discouraging person and rude (I belive). He was treating all of us as he paid for the trip. We felt like we were travelling in coach in the India where no customer service and etc. The hotels were good overall except one in Italy horrible but it was scenic. The food was great first two days (Chocolate factory, dinner same night and lunch in Black forest) rest was average food and Bhojan in Paris was pathetic they were rude and their staff engage in physical fight with one of the tourist in the bus and tour manager was silent and felt Bhojan employees and owner wasn't at fault. Later I found out this TM lives in Mumbai and only comes to UK during the three months season; so he has no clue in terms of customer service and all.

Amee50's Comment

Absolutely correct.
They thrive their buisness on the unawareness of Europe amongst INDIAN people as most of their clients are Indians who are either in UK as a visitor or temporary living here.
As majority of Indians never speak against the injustice and accept whatever is offered to them companies like this make fortune out of them.
I honestly think the reviews here are not genuine and I am going to take this to trading standards and the way the whole tour was conducted.
Specially on first day they gave as lunch at 12pm and dinner after 11 hours that is just inhimane I can't imagine any other proper British company will do it .
Feel sorry for everyone who get trapped by their marketing tactics.

“Beware - You will be left alone when things go wrong !!!!”

Written on: 30/07/2015 by Charliea1 (1 review written)

Myself and my wife wife went on Wonders of Europe Tour from May 22 to June 01, 2015 through Star Tour. We trusted Star tour and booked everything including flight tickets, one day London tour through their US office, even though we could have booked flights cheaper ourselves. We were so happy and eagerly waiting for the trip. But we knew very little about Star Tour. We arrived as royal as we were picked up by star tour from airport with placard. Then we start to see the real face. We were… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/08/2015

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for choosing Star Tours LTD,

We're deeply sorry to hear that you had problem with the hotel in London. Our centralized sales team did tell you at the beginning the hotel you are staying at and you were informed of the hotel well in advance, unfortunately not all hotels have air-condition system.

As we made you aware the Bomb scare at the hotel is something completely out of our control, and regulated by local authorities only.

We have since corresponded with you, and explained the circumstances at hand.

We look forward to welcoming you again

STAR TOURS LTD

Acharjya's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2015

I am not sure who is responding on behalf of Star Tour, but you are completely ignorant. There is no " Centralized Sales team" in Star Tour except a Call Center. We were never informed about the hotel in advance.When we called Star Tour Sales office, we were told that it is up to Star tour to decide which hotel they will provide and we have no choice. As it is clear from the statement, you did not even read the comments on the review. Hotel had air conditioning but was not working. Unfortunately no one from Star Tour " Central Team" contacted us ever to find out how we were surviving without medicines and clothes. Star Tour has no customer service department nor do they have any person to handle any emergency situations. We are taking up the issue with ABTA next to resolve the issue.

“Not a helpful staff”

Written on: 15/07/2015

I was extremely disappointed with the service offered by Startours Staff. I am disappointed that staff actually lied before we made our booking and then changed their words once the booking was done and the initial payment was made. I am not sure if startour ,anagement is infact aware of their unprofessional and not so customer focussed staff. I hope Startours management realizes how bad their staff is before they start loosing out on their customers / business. I hope this review will help… Read Full Review

“Web Advertised Group discount denied”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by Muraliboppini (1 review written)

We group family living in different countries had planned for Europe trip. After reviewing in social network,we decided to go with star tours. We three siblings and family members paid thro online and provided the booking reference # for the group discount which was advertised in star tours site.. But we were shocked and disappointed to know that this discount is applicable for single booking. Even credit card limit will not allow us to do single booking Even we argued that all the three… Read Full Review

Prasadshetty's Response to Muraliboppini's Review

Written on: 21/05/2015

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the comment which we have made to the review placed by yourselves.

We at Star Tours are highly surprised by the comments which you have made and are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint.

Upon reviewing your comments we believe that an elaboration is appropriate.

in our terms and conditions for this discount we have made it very clear that the Discount will only be applied if there is a minimum of ten passengers on the original booking. Passengers cannot be added to existing bookings to utilise the discount.

We are sorry you felt the discount was not applied appropriately, however it was in line with our terms and conditions.

We thank you for choosing Star Tours for your holiday experience and we are confident that if given the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future you will find no cause for complaint.

Star Tours LTD

“poor attention for disabled person”

Written on: 15/04/2015

i am disappointed with the level of poor service given to my disabled wife despite of me informing in writing while making the booking. tour manager is the lease co-operative and does not have any understanding about how a disabled person would feel when you dont treat them with there needs. i regret on booking with star tours as coming from USA to enjoy europe this is one of the worst experience have had… Read Full Review

Aasifkazi's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2015

May be it happened but I saw with my eyes they treat disabled tourist in their tour like a Princess and on priority basis. Anyways Human differ from one another...

“Worst Trip Ever”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by ltBarr1986 (1 review written)

I went to the Historic Scotland tour with Star Tours in the Easter time 3-6 April 2015. I had enquired with the star tours before booking the trip if I can travel with my 3 yr old daughter and they said there was no problem at all. But to my astonishment I faced lot of problems. First Day we were asked to have dinner at Glasgow in 30 mins. There was a long queue and after taking the dinner from the boufet only 15 mins were left. I am not sure how anyone can dine in 15 mins with baby.We were… Read Full Review

“Terrible tour with worst Tour Manager”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by mani1801 (1 review written)

Me and my wife booked Panoramic Europe tour with Star tours from 31st Dec 2014 to 4th Jan 2015. We booked online and the transaction was smooth. But the tour itself was not at all worth. Coach and the staff Let me first talk about the coach, tour guide and coach driver. Our tour guide was  was the worst part of the tour. He was so not energetic. He was telling about everything as if we had pushed the play button of the radio. Whenever he started speaking, everybody in the bus started feeling… Read Full Review

Prasadshetty's Response to mani1801's Review

Written on: 03/02/2015

Dear Valued Client,

Upon reviewing your comments we believe that an elaboration is appropriate.

We at Star Tours employ coaches which go through rigorous and regular inspection to ensure that safety standards are maintained to the highest degree.

Specific coaches vary due to different makes and models, however all coaches which Star Tours employ are fitted with microphones, DVD/CD functions, air conditioning, toilet facilities and appropriate safety devises. The coach depicted on our website is a typical 49-seat coach.

This is a typical representation of the average vehicle which may be employed, however we clearly state that variation is possible from the depiction.

As with all group tours, our tour managers must cater for the group. In terms of entertainment whilst travelling, the tour manager must gauge the opinion of the entire group and find compromise when appropriate. Both music and movies are played whilst on tour and special requests are taken from the entire group.

We would also like to inform you that we take complaints against our tour managers very seriously hence we would kindly request you to drop us an email with further information regarding this issue.

Mani1801's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2015

Good to see that someone does respond.

Regarding the Coach, it was definitely not in its best shape. It needed some maintenance which should have been done before the start of the tour.

Regarding the tour, most of the people in the bus wanted to do the same things which i mentioned in my earlier comment but he was only interested in showing which is mentioned in the itinerary. He was not at all flexible.

The driver was a bit of rude most of the times.

Music and Movies were never of our choice. Nobody even asked us. There should have been the facility to atleast have some hot water of a small cup of drink in the bus even if it is paid.

Prasadshetty's reply to Mani1801's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2015

Dear Valued Client,
I also feel that you were dissatisfied with the actions which your tour manager took to rectify the situation and pacify your group. We will be in discussion with the tour manager and ensure that the same is not repeated on any other occasion, on any other tour
I fully appreciate that the service which you received on your tour caused you disappointment. I would like to ensure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously.
We will be speaking to the coach company in terms of the driver’s behaviour during your tour. Coach drivers are required to adhere to any reasonable requests which passengers or tour managers ask. We will be consulting the coach company to ensure that a positive atmosphere is maintained during coach travel for all of our valued clients.

We would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and allowing Star Tours to improve and grow for our future clients. We would like to assure you that if you were to decide to travel with Star Tours in the future, you will find no further cause for complaint.

Thank you for choosing Star Tours for your holiday experience and we hope to serve you and your family in the very near future.

Shubh.paras's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2015

Dear Mr Shetty,

By Looking at this review I am now afraid as I am suppose to travel on April to Europe.

Especially my concern is over vegetarian food - Is this correct that there may be a condition where you bring us to a place where no vegetarian food will be available?

Can you please confirm?

I look forward to have a positive experience in April.

Thanks
Paras

Venugopalbalan's reply to Prasadshetty's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi, the above review is 100% true. We also faced same problem with the same tour manager. Totally it was a horrible experience. Anyways I am going to write a separate review as well.

“Treasure of Europe - 16th August”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Myerskn190 (1 review written)

We did this tour along with our parents and brother who have joined us from India. The tour itinerary is well thought out, however the tour operator or star tour operations team has no compassion for any unfortunate incidents that happen to tourist during the tour. Our parents had to leave middle of the tour (at end of day 4, this is a 9 day tour) from Rome as my grand mother expired. It is not an anticipated event, so we requested star tours to consider our case and look into any reimbursement… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/09/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your tour with Star Tours.

We at Star Tours are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint.

Could you kindly drop us an email to enable us to investigate the matters you have raised.

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Panamic Europe Tour was totally wastage Aug 21 -25, 2014”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Zavieri413 (1 review written)

Totally wastage and marketing strategy of star tours is not on planned. They didn't cover all important places. You know what covers in Pananic Europe Tour: 1) Belgium - Local chocolate factory, Brussels City centre 2) Germany - BlackForests - Cucku clock 3) Swiss - Lousen, Engleberg, Yash Chopra Place, Rainfalls, Timberfalls, Geneva (Sight seeing on bus) 4) Paris - Eiffel Tower, Paris by Night tour (Sight seeing on bus), River sen drive Indian Food are horrible. Only Good part and… Read Full Review

D6Abg's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Totally agree with this comment, I have just come off this tour and had the same experience. Also as this was the tour managers last trip he could not careless for the customers.

“Treasures of Europe without Disney ”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by ArmaniLittle1946 (1 review written)

Firstly I would like to say the negative things I experienced. Everything was done too quickly, we were not given sufficient time to view some of the most important things on the trip eg the colleseum in Rome (10 minutes to take pictures from far away). Secondly Italy was the main country we wanted to visit however we were not notified before the trip that the treve fountain and colleseum were being renovated and so we ended up seeing scaffolding and an empty fountain with everything coveted… Read Full Review

Sahil.vasisit's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2014

Guys my experience was also very similar in terms of getting correct time on places which were important and also even missing lot of good places in Paris .. Yes again we were not informed beforehand that rome is being restored at this time and so we will end up seeing only scaffolding in most places in Rome .. Whereas with regards to tour manager .. We had best experience .. Very well mannered, jolly and engaging .. Food was good at most of times except few breakfast..

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Treasures of Europe - Worst 9 days”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by Madden1967 (1 review written)

I was expecting star tours to be an amazing trio based on popularity and advertisements however this was not the case! The tour manager was the most arrogant and rude person ever with no consideration for who he's speaking to (children and elderly) He treated everyone who spoke to him like a piece of trash!! He was the most unapproachable person and when asking him for something, he would just sit on his phone texting instead of paying attention to anyone!! The food was not the best, most being… Read Full Review

Anilbhange's Response to Madden1967's Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Who was the Tour Manager... what is the name ???

Star Tours's Response to Madden1967's Review

Star Tours UK Ltd

“Think twice before you choose .... !”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by SamuelMiller (1 review written)

went on 4days disney tour .. everythinng went well except the rude behaviour of driver who took us back from wembley to liverpool on aug 11. It was very stormy and rainy day and we were with 4 kids but driver never stopped at a safe location instead he just stopped the car at drop off point and asked us to get off . so some typical Indian drivers of this firm ruined the good will of this company and we talk to everyone in liverpool about this bad behaviour of this driver . Never recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2014