Holland America Line, MS Eurodam Canada Cruise Reviews

• Entertainment on board

Holland America Line, MS Eurodam Canada Cruise - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holland America Line, MS Eurodam Canada Cruise

Holland America Line, MS Eurodam Canada Cruise

“This was the third time on HAL and first aboard the...”

Written on: 24/01/2011

This was the third time on HAL and first aboard the Eurodam. I was very disappointed in the quality of food in the main dining room, the service provided for the open seating was lacking. Quality of breakfast and lunch at lido rest. was down right awful. I honestly have had better quality food from banquet and stouffers. Suite was dusty and dingy. The ship appeared to be 20 years old, not 2. Carpet on the llth floor outside of the Tamirind restaurant was absolutly disgustingly dirty. The… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2011

Oh God I think I have picked the wrong cruise line. I thought this was supposed to be a 'superior' company. Oh well we will have to make the best of it as we sail on Monday.

“I loved Holland America Line, MS Eurodam ship, the...”

Written on: 12/04/2009 by burke1021 (1 review written)

I loved Holland America Line, MS Eurodam ship, the crew, the food, the entertainment, and everything else!!! The room was lovely and we had a gorgeous balcony where we spent many mornings watching the ship dock at our various island stops. They treated us like royals and were always smiling and entertaining us. They were delightful! We enjoyed the shows and casino just about every night. The food was phenominal especially if you like prime rib, lobster and as much shrimp as you could consume… Read Full Review

“ Holland America Line, MS Eurodam. Had been worried...”

Written on: 16/01/2009 by kkjudy (1 review written)

Holland America Line, MS Eurodam. Had been worried because of earlier reviews. Onboard by 11:30. Directed to beautiful Soup, Salad, Entree, Dessert luncheon served in Rembrandt DiningRoom. Room ready at 1:30 and our bags were waiting on the bed. Plenty of storage. Large bathroom with Great water pressure. Room #7132, Stern of ship port side. No noise or creaking. Comfortable bed. Friendly crew and spotless ship. Loved our week! Don't miss the Power Snorkel on Grand Turk and… Read Full Review

Hthomas's Response to 432677_kkjudy's Review

Written on: 07/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because...oing on cruise soon - this commented on items im minterested in

“The MS Eurodam is a remarkable ship, but it requires...”

Written on: 07/09/2008

The MS Eurodam is a remarkable ship, but it requires improvements. I had a good time but far from an excellent time. The last two hours, one had to wait in order to vacate the ship. We were greatly disturbed by staff members, who had to clean the cabin, while we had to wait. An undignified exit… Read Full Review

Hthomas's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2010

I found this review somewhat helpful because... nthee ship is/was new and so breaking in staff can take a bit - not a surprising comment. Quality of food was VERY disconcerting - since all of my experiences on Holland-America I would rate it amongst the very top of the "cruise" lines. The wit for disembark is very normal, in my exdperience unless you have requested early disembarkation to catch a flight, etc. A cleaning crew intervening is not appropriate or they werent advised to please to go elsewhere to disembark as the cleaning is imerpative (new quests begin arriving around 11am and bags are always put outside the door first thing in the morning - so i wonder about this comment....

“Overall good first experience. I think I would like it...”

Written on: 03/09/2008

Overall good first experience. I think I would like it better if I went with a group that didn't think of meal time as a feeding frenzy however. I will definitely opt for private dining next time. Congtats on a beautiful ship!!… Read Full Review

“The photographers on the MS Eurodam suggested groups...”

Written on: 24/08/2008 by NinethTimeCruiser (1 review written)

The photographers on the MS Eurodam suggested groups to stand and pose on stairway. When asked if there are other locations on ship that would be suitable, they could not offer any suggestions.
I thought the color scheme of the ship was drab. The walls have pale green wall paper, the carpet is utility brown/gray. The 2-seater couch in the cabin is olive green. It did not give me the impression of "WOW, this is a NEW ship!"
When a party of two was brought to a table (at the Open Dining Restaurant)… Read Full Review

409860_Milliedoggy's Response to NinethTimeCruiser's Review

Written on: 15/10/2008

What's wrong with having to use an already opened bottle of shampoo? Why waste it?

Hthomas's Response to NinethTimeCruiser's Review

Written on: 07/01/2010

I found this review not helpful because...picky ... minor items/distractions but no real "picture" of the overall experience, together with perhaps nsome examples of other ships/cruise lines to give some sense of comparison ...

Travelhappy's Response to NinethTimeCruiser's Review

Written on: 26/07/2009

My wife and I were both wondering if this reviewer replaces a half-full bottle of shampoo at home; we doubt it. We have traveled extensively, and if the food is not presented to us in the way that we consider "proper", our meal/trip is not ruined.

“I did not think the ship was cosy, show lounge and...”

Written on: 04/08/2008

I did not think the ship was cosy, show lounge and shopping centre were horrible, long waiting lines everywhere. Is this size the standard for the future? Goodbye to Statendam, Zaandam, Rotterdam and all those fine ships.

I felt the prelude cruise did not give value for money: only two shows, no information from the captain, too much attention for the vips on board… Read Full Review

“I did experience some bad points with Holland America...”

Written on: 09/07/2008

I did experience some bad points with Holland America Line, MS Eurodam which are as follows:
Ratio staff passenger seemed rather low
Staterooms much smaller than usual older HAL ships
TV 50% in size reduced
TV can not turn - must watch TV from bed!
Cabin Steward no longer listed on phone now 'guest relations' which took longer to address my queries/needs
Long queues in front of speciality restaurants staff appeared to be unable cope
Thought the Internet cafe was tiny and same size as their… Read Full Review

Hthomas's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2010

I found this review not helpful because... picky - short term on board not a "regular " cruise length of say a week ... (i cruise a great deal on an umber of diff ships)