Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush Reviews

• Service & Support

Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush

“mine got hot ”

Written on: 27/12/2012 by lucasbillington (1 review written)

Mine got so hot it was about to et on fire the batteries got so hot they could have set on fire I've thrown mine in the bin because I don't wish for my family to die in a fire and yes I do have smoke alarms tested weekly… Read Full Review

Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush

“Great toothbrush but the battery can't be changed”

Written on: 18/09/2011 by JasperWarwick (5 reviews written)

This is a really good toothbush, the smart guide is particually useful for helping you to brush for the correct time. My only niggle is that the battery cannot be replaced and once it is gone then the brush needs to be thrown away. For a toothbrush that can cost over £100 this is really poor design. Already with my brush I am noticing that the charge does not seem to last as long as when I first had it. This is stupid, batteries will wear out and some will wear out more quickly than others you… Read Full Review

Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush

“Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush Review - The...”

Written on: 17/04/2008 by RenaB (15 reviews written)

Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush Review - The only thing I would mention is that at first it makes your gums feel like they are being "tickled" but you soon get used to that feeling. When you do get used to the brush you can use either of the three settings, one being massaging. It feels wonderful on your teeth and gums. There is also a timer of 2 minutes which then automatically switches off but believe me you could use this for hours it feels so wonderful!!… Read Full Review

Flyguy's Response to RenaB's Review

Written on: 22/04/2008

Great product, great review.

Renab's Response to RenaB's Review

Written on: 07/07/2008

Hiya wknight sorry not got back sooner but have been away. Have looked on the packaging of this particular toothbrush and it just says Sonic Ion Toothbrush (no mention of Plakaway) but cannot make out if it is indeed Sonic that make it sorry. Key things to look out for in this new "breed" of toothbrush are: that it has Ion Turbosonic Power and that it has at least 45,000 strokes per minute. I have been on the website and it shows my actual toothbrush with a code no of: a double pack HC58131T and single: HC581310N so maybe if you contact them they may be able to put you in touch with somewhere you can purchase this particular toothbrush from. Hope this all helps but I think the key is the speed of the strokes per minute and especially the Ionic factor. Good luck all the best RenaB

Wknight's Response to RenaB's Review

Written on: 18/06/2008

Hi RenaB, thanks for additional help. Like I said before, I was so impressed with your positive experience with the Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush that I wrote back right after I read your review. I also went to our local drug stores and though they do carry SonicToothbrushes none had the name or description "Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush". I went on the websites you were kind enough to enlighten me about and then got quite confused as there were so many offered at auction. Is the one you used and wrote the review about made by BRAUN or Phillips' Sonicare ? Would you be kind enough to tell me which company makes the exact same toothbrush you reviewed and if it is Braun or Phillips and if there is a model number ? I would very much like to get the exact same toothbrush you wrote about. Thanks in advance for any further assistance in helping me find the "Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush". Thank you RenaB

Renab's Response to RenaB's Review

Written on: 17/06/2008

Hya thanks for your comment about my review I have since bought four more for members of my family they are brilliant. I actually buy them off an Auction Site called Bid TV/Price Drop TV which are on line and on television I don`t know if you are able to get these Channels in Canada. Otherwise slightly more expensive Sonic Toothbrushes are sold in Boots (again a massive Chemist/Store over here) I do hope I have helped you and that you manage to get one, your teeth will love you for it!! Rena B

Wknight's Response to RenaB's Review

Written on: 15/06/2008

Where can you buy this Sonic Plakaway ION Electric Toothbrush ? I'm sold on your review but can't find it in any stores here in Ontario Canada. Which company manufactures it ? Thanks for any information.
<br/>W.Knight