DVLA Vehicle Online Licencing www.direct.gov.uk/tax_disc Reviews

Summary

The DVLA Online Car Tax Renewal website allows UK motorists to renew their car tax online from the comfort of their own home. The website also allows drivers to find out the current car tax prices, which can be helpful when buying a new or used car.

Media Gallery for DVLA Vehicle Online Licencing www.direct.gov.uk/tax_disc

“WOW!”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by eddduck1948 (10 reviews written)

The new tax system started on the 1st October - I sent my log book back on the 2nd. I got e refund on my car tax on the 13th...considering the new way of doing things with car tax - I feel the DVLA should be congratulated… Read Full Review

“its a pain”

Written on: 30/09/2014

its quicker watching paint dry then trying to get onto dvla site… Read Full Review

“I to renewed my car tax on what I thought was the...”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by MoiraN (1 review written)

I to renewed my car tax on what I thought was the official DVLA website. I had used the website before and it looked exactly the same. I did not find out that I had been charged £40 until my credit card statement arrived. I contacted the DVLA and was told that the site was a private website that recorded my details and sent them to the DVLA to purchase my tax disc and charged me for the privilege. What a rip off! How are they allowed to get away with it. This should be featured on Watchdog to… Read Full Review

“What a rip off”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by victimnumberonemillion (1 review written)

I renewed my tax disc on line as I have for many years only to find when I checked my account that an additional £40.00 had been taken !! A total and utter rip off that apparently I can do nothing about How very sly and sneaky. I would appreciated a site that was clear about its actual service and the costs involved so the victims of this would realise what they were letting themselves in for Back to the post office for me you would think in this day and age something could be done about… Read Full Review

“i to beleaved i was applying on the gov direct site to...”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by kennytheone57 (1 review written)

i to beleaved i was applying on the gov direct site to renew my tax and found out i had been charged £40. it should,nt be allowed third party sneaking in to rob us. the way these agents are allowed to do this they call this the new way. ahead… Read Full Review

“car tax”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by McDaniel43 (1 review written)

I thought I was renewing my car tax with the DVLA with the website on the v11 form but to my dismay this was not the case . instead it went through an agent which charged me £40.00 but I did not know this until I checked my bank account. I called the DVLA and they told me it was a bogus email address and I cannot get my money back… Read Full Review

“DVLA Failure”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by Abbottcu298 (1 review written)

Trying to Road Tax for April2014 system just keeps failing another complete waste of Tax Payers money. L.C.Melvin KLS Transport co… Read Full Review

“Way better than queing at Post Office”

Written on: 30/03/2014

If you have a problem navigating this website, then its time to go on a basic course!. Or sell your computer. If someone has screwed up on insurance or MOT database then you have a problem. Both databases can be checked before applying. The rest is easy peasy. I currently have a small problem, as the previous owner had vehicle untaxed/not on sorn for two years!. DVLA sent me updated V5c, when I bought vehicle,but made no ref. to its status.(typical DVLA!!). they now threaten ME with legal… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/07/2014

What a load of rubish.
Their website has been closed down because they are misrepresenting themselves as a .gvo,org site.
If you can afford to pay these people £40 to forward your online application to the DVLA on your behalf then you've got to much money.

Written on: 28/07/2014

You appear to be another soul on the WRONG website.
Log into the CORRECT website, and approx. two minutes later its done.
NO £40.00, EXTRA, just a simple easy, transaction.
Log into the CORRECT website!. SIMPLE?

Written on: 06/08/2014

My wife had completed the DVLA application on this website when it was disguised as The GOV.ORG application web page.
I realise that this website is not illegal but it is illegal to represent yourself as an official website which is what Taxdisc-direct appear to have been doing at the onset,You will note that this web site has now been taken down and is currently unavailable.
Taxdisc-direct have been approached by my M.P and are also under investigation from Trading Standards.
My wifes £40 fee less an £8 admin charge has now been refunded to my bank.
Anyone else who was duped by Taxdisc-direct should should ask for a refund along these lines.
Whatch this space re Taxdisc-direct. My M.P has informen me that the Minister for transport is now on their case.
Not Quite as simple as it sounds.

Written on: 07/08/2014

Once again, IF you log into the OFFICIAL website, there are no fees , just a simple transaction, and its done.
Check you are in the correct website?. Simple?.

Written on: 07/08/2014

Probably, but why disguise yourself as an official website....IT IS ILLEGAL.
Some poor folk haven't got time to read the jargon hidden between the lines.

Written on: 07/08/2014

I need to give up on this one.
I very strongly advise you to sell your computer, if you don't have time to ensure your own safety. Just like crossing the road, look left, look right, if it is not clear, would you walk out into the path of a bus?. Internet is exactly the same, no one is watching over you ready to save you. Take responsibility for your own actions, or stay away, it is dangerous, that bus will kill you whether you are on a crossing or not?.

Written on: 07/08/2014

You do need to give up on this one.Take a look a bloggs under taxdisc-direct on Google, you are in a vast minority.
You might be clever enough to see through them, but thousands of punters have been taken in by these people posing under the guise of Gov websites. Should they all sell there computers, or perhaps they're not all as clever as you think you are.

Written on: 08/08/2014

Ok, so you are happy to be in the VAST majority(you say),being screwed by any villain who happens along,your choice!.
"vast minority", among those too lazy to try(try), to insure their own security?.
Renewal reminder has CORRECT web address, right there, in front of your eyes, but no time to type it in?. Your fault I am afraid.
Stop crying and make SOME effort?.

Written on: 08/08/2014

Try logging into taxdisc-direct,You will see their web page is currently under reconstruction. A para has also been added to warn people of their previously hidden charges.
As I mentioned previously,it was my wife who completed her DVLA renewal on this site and believe me I was not very happy because I happen to agree with you that care should be taken to avoid being ripped off, which is the whole point of my blog. It is all to easy for people to be taken in by these copycat websites ,I am only commenting on this to make people aware of these sites to try and prevent them duping people less literate than yourself.
By the way my wife is an OAP and is not quite as alert as perhaps she should be.

“tax disc”

Written on: 22/05/2013

totally useless site. Where is the icon to renew a tax disc?… Read Full Review

“Confusing Gobbledigook”

Written on: 06/04/2013 by failedrenewer (1 review written)

Didn't log to write a review but to renew tax disc. Can't find a site to do so. Will you let me off paying because I can't navigate your sites?… Read Full Review

“Tax renewal online DOES NOT WORK”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by Labmady (1 review written)

For the second year running I have tried to renew my car tax online, but it is not working. I keep getting a message saying that my insurance is not valid knowing fully well that my car insurance was processed a couple of weeks ago. So I have to get all the needed documents and process in the post office. What a joke!!! … Read Full Review

“great great great as a working mum and dad it was...”

Written on: 09/03/2010

great great great as a working mum and dad it was great to just sit down with a cup of tea and sort out the tax on both cars without all the hassle of going to the post office.as we leave things until the last minute at times, it is great to tax the cars online and now that we are safe to drive the cars without the worry of getting stopped.thank you mags… Read Full Review

“Excellent service and did what it said it would - got...”

Written on: 15/10/2009

Excellent service and did what it said it would - got the disc in 5 days in the post. This year was my 3rd using this online service… Read Full Review

“I have tried three times to renew online through DVLA...”

Written on: 23/07/2009

I have tried three times to renew online through DVLA and each time the at a different place it has failed .I am fed up!!!! It certainly is not proving to be quicker… Read Full Review

“done DVLA Vehicle Online Licencing for company van for...”

Written on: 02/07/2009

done DVLA Vehicle Online Licencing for company van for last couple of years, easy to do.
loads better than queueing at post office… Read Full Review

“I've used the DVLA website for the last few years to...”

Written on: 09/01/2009 by Higgs Boson (5 reviews written)

I've used the DVLA website for the last few years to update my road tax online. Like with other UK motorists I get the "rnew my road tax" letter a few weeks before I need to buy it new. All I then do is log on and input the remonder code printed on the letter and give them my credit card number. I don;t even need to confirm my name or anything as the DVLA search the car insurance database to make sure I own the car & I'm insured, then they send the tax disc to the car owners address. Perfect!… Read Full Review