Lookers Online Reviews - www.lookers.co.uk

• Customer service

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

“If I could score them 0 out of five it would be accurate”

Written on: 22/11/2014

I know this appears to be a long rant but please bear with me and read all my story before you hand thousands of pounds of your hard earned cash to a company who don't appear to care about your pride and joy. I bought a new Polo from Lookers Blackburn in October 2011. It was a top of the range Polo TDI with loads of optional extras. The salesman was great, he is the only good thing about Lookers. Shortly after I bought the car I became aware of an electrical issue. Driving the car at… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2014

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened here with our Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“wrongly assembled service manual.”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by davidliners (1 review written)

I have a 2000 registered slk it's service book was full on 83k miles so I wanted a new one to follow on and keep the service records up the book was ordered one week before the service was due,, 5 months later it arrived ! Which if find poor its supposed to be a quality make still then I have book stamped up with the service only to find out that the pages haven't been stapled in correctly difficult procedure even for Mercedes. I mentioned this to the service department who in turn spoke to… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

^LM

“A complete shower avoid at all costs”

Written on: 10/11/2014 by Wineaway (1 review written)

For the past 8 years we have had the misfortune to have to use, firstly Canterbury Lookers to service our vehicle and subsequently Ashford from whom we bought another car in June 2014. I have never met such a bunch of incompetent employees - and we have had executive cars for the past 30 years. Lookers in Canterbury now thankfully closed have sent our car out of a service with a bald tyre. Particularly ironic because at the time there were signs promising a tyre check when your car was in… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Wineaway's Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hi there Wineaway,

Really sorry to hear about your experiences with this branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate what has been happening could you send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please?

“No way!”

Written on: 07/11/2014 by Jaydaj121 (1 review written)

OMG I was going to purchase a car from Lookers and was planning on going this weekend but after reading these reviews (yes ALL of them!) there is no way I will be buying a car from here. I find it repulsive that any dealership would treat customers in this manner. Sorry Lookers but I will NOT be recommending you to anyone after reading these reviews. For those who have taken the time to warn people like me to stay away - thank you… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2014

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you won’t be visiting soon. If you change your mind or if you want some help choosing a car that suits you, please don’t hesitate to contact us here. If you would prefer to keep your details private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form. We will come back to you then as soon as we can.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to show you how good our customer service can be.

“Strange set up”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by peejdj (1 review written)

What a curious set up this franchise is. A few weeks ago I test drove an Astra from Chester Lookers and was broadly happy with the price, but just needed to eek a couple of hundred more from them for my part ex, so I walked away and said I needed time to think about it. Next day, the salesman calls me and asks if we can meet halfway. I was about to say yes when his colleague shouted across to him that the vehicle had been sold. I wasn't surprised given it had been reduced. Imagine my surprise… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to peejdj's Review

Written on: 26/10/2014

Hi there peejdj,

Sorry to hear about this, sounds like you had a very frustrating experience on several occasions with us.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves so we can show you how good our customer service can be?

Peejdj's reply to Lookersgroup's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2014

I've actually now purchased the Astra model I wanted from a local independent dealer at a cheaper price than I could find in group Lookers stock, plus there was none of the nonsense of trying to get me to buy extras such as paint protection. And I got the price I wanted for my trade in with no quibbling. Everyone's a winner....well, apart from Lookers. peejdj

“ellesmere port dealership”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by Warren264 (1 review written)

useless. passing the buck and blaming anyone but themselves. attitude!!! nothing we can do. human error! could not help you. I would not get a car from them even if they gave the damn thing to me for FREE… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2014

Hi Warren264,

Very sorry to hear you feel let down by your experience at our Ellesmere Port branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate this further, could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details. We can look at having your issues addressed.

^LM

“Think twice before a visit?”

Written on: 30/09/2014

Have just myself made a telephone inquiry about a vehicle, finding the sales rep to be very short. Thinking he must be very busy and wanting the car,i decided to give a secound chance and was set to make the 110 mile round trip. I have just spent 40 minutes reading some of these very poor reviews, not finding one to have been responded to in an acceptable positive manner and have now decided not to bother. Lookers have some great vehicles at competative prices, however it does seem, this comes… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2014

Hi there,

Very sorry you feel let down by your experience with us.

Would you give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves so we can show you how good our customer service can be?

Was there a particular vehicle you are after? Please let me know and we can sort this out for you. If so, please provide contact details here or, if you would prefer to keep these private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form. We will come back to you then as soon as we can.

“lookers burton”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by Wazza11 (1 review written)

Just brought a car from lookers burton ! Very professional ! Very pleased. Many thanks… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Wazza11's Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

Hi Wazza11,

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your experience here.

I will pass this on to the team at Lookers Burton. Wishing you many happy miles in your new car!

Kind regards,

Gurugoldberg's Response to Wazza11's Review

Written on: 30/08/2014

How odd! Maybe they are getting the message at last from the hundreds of totally dissatisfied customers! You are the lucky one it seems!

“Avoid them- Appalling customer service- ”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by 192Bradford (1 review written)

Was offered a free diagnostic by VW Group but when I arrived at Lookers they demanded a £75 pound payment and refused to accept a VW Group email confirming that it should be free. The Service Manager said "were just a franchise, we don't have to do what they tell us" and would not do it as Goodwill gesture despite his business card saying "customers for Life". Well they've just lost me as a customer after 15 loyal years and I hope the £75 quid was worth more than the next 35 years of sales… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2014

Hi 192Bradford,

We are really sorry to hear about the level of service received at our Volkswagen dealership.

If you would like to escalate this and have this investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the "Contact Us" form on the Lookers PLC website, with contact details included and we will strive to resolve this situation.

Thank you and we hope to reach a resolution as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Expertfred's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2014

No thanks, I've decided once I've sold my car next year to never be a VW customer again- I hope the £75 quid was worth the loss of my sales and service over the next 35 years. I'm also buying a second car- an SUV and was considering a VW Toureg but not anymore. . .

“Nothing but disappointment from this company attitude...”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by Dex12340 (1 review written)

Every time car has been in their they find other things wrong with it Latest thing was a recall to change oil in gearbox from synthetic to mineral oil . Only to be told suspiciously that gearbox now needs a £1500 repair To top it all they wanted us to pay for the use of a courtesy car Amateurs Car has spent more time in their than with us… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Dex12340's Review

Written on: 11/08/2014

Hi Dex12340,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers, sounds like there are a couple of issue to look at here.

If you would like Head Office to investigate what has been happening, could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

Lookers Group

“Arrogance of the highest level”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by hooperdave (1 review written)

My niece bought a second hand car from Lookers in Manchester. Before they would allow her to take delivery, they replaced the turbo unit. Twelve months on it failed. Car taken to a different garage as the unit was just out of warranty - only to be told that the reason it had failed was that it had not been fitted correctly in the first case! They will not answer emails or return telephone calls. They have to be the most arrogant dealership that I have ever had the misfortune to get involved… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to hooperdave's Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Hi hooperdave,

Very sorry to read about your niece’s problems with Lookers Manchester. Could please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website so Head Office can investigate your issue further and can seek out a resolution with the dealership.

Lookers Group

“Lookers Burton on Trent”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Donovanbb1990 (1 review written)

Steer well clear. Terrible service, high pressure selling, don't take a seat to talk to their sales men. No cooling of period to get your deposit back, even if you change your mind in less than an hour later. To top it all of the car was not prepared to an acceptable standard, breaks with to much play, scratches not fully repaired, black trim with white marks and had to come back twice to get it to a half standard. … Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Hi Donovanbb1990,

Very sorry to read about your experience at Lookers Burton. If you could please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website, Head Office can be notified of what has happened here and can seek to resolve the issue.

Lookers Group

“ STEER CLEAR!!!! BRISTOL LOOKERS ”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Uriel477 (1 review written)

Was called up about a car they had waiting for prep to put on the fore court... as i was interested they offered me a test drive so took up the offer... the car had a few scratches and a dent on the boot lid and chips in the windscreen. but was assured that all visible issues would be dealt with so was happy to go ahead... i collected the car on the thursday to find the car had not been prepped and all they had don was replace the windscreen, the service had not been carried out and the mot was… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

Hi Uriel477,

I believe we have already spoken via the Lookers Group Facebook page. Head Office have been informed of your complaint this morning and this issue is being looked into further.

“lookers Renault Chester”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by JoshuaCombs (1 review written)

Probably the most rude and immature sales person I have ever seen at any car dealership. They were nowhere near meeting our expectations re. Part exchange value for our trade in but instead of discussing this sensibly, this overgrown child of a sales person, who had previously been more concerned with upselling overpriced add-on's just walked away from his own desk muttering under his breath. He did not even have the courtesy of even thanking us for any interest in their dealership or… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi JoshuaCombs,

Very sorry to read about your experience at Lookers Renault Chester. If you would like Head Office to look in to this further could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website. This form goes directly to Head Office who will be in contact with you regarding what happened.

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi JoshuaCombs,

Lookers Group

“terrible car, worse service”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by ragtoproger (1 review written)

Bought a zafira diesel from lookers wth 12 months warranty and 23000 miles on clock. All ok until 3000miles later I notice oil level rising. Took straight back to looker warrington, they wanted £59 diagnosis fee. No chance. They dropped fee and I left car wih them. They rang me next day and said that they wern,t sure what was wrong but that it was not covered under warranty and that it would be a lot of money to fix. That day I wrote to them and spoke with the manager to inform them that… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to ragtoproger's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi ragtoproger,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers Warrington. Understand that you have already spoken to the Manager but if you would like this matter to be investigated further by Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

“Lookers Yardley”

Written on: 20/06/2014 by Juliet84 (1 review written)

This relates specifically to Service department at Lookers Yardley. After taking half a day off work to take my car in and two hours of waiting, i was told nothing was wrong with my car and i would need to pay diagnostic fee. I asked to speak to mechanic and took him to my car to reproduce the problem. He apologised and said he never recognised the sound earlier. The lady who served me at Lookers Yardley service centre was awful - she was so rude, no manners, said everything in a tone that made… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2014

Hi Juliet84,

We are very sorry to read about your experience with Lookers Yardley Service Department, this sounds like a very frustrating experience and we would like our Head Office to look into what happened here.

Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much detail as possible, including your contact information and car registration.

“Lookers blackpool”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Marcusz285 (1 review written)

Purchased a APPROVED used car. On collection day the vehicle was not ready but was promised could return to have work completed. Please please check everything about the car before you drive it away. Service history incomplete, Took 6 weeks to get the MOT certificate from them, When it did arrive it showed advisory of front two wheel bearings have excessive play - more work I will have to pay for, they should of shown this before I took the car. It took 8 weeks of phone calls and emails to… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi Marcusz285,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers Blackpool. It sounds like you had a very disappointing experience.

If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

Cavendish1234's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi
Do you have a contact name, as contacted head office but they contacted the dealership and the same manager who sold the vehicle to me dealt with the complaint and basically did nothing, apart from offer a service

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Cavendish1234,

Sorry to hear this. Are you referring to the complaint above from Marcusz285 regarding 'Lookers blackpool'?

I would advise contacting Head Office again to explain that you are not satisfied with the outcome of speaking to the dealership.

You will be able to contact our Head Office via the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website.

“Lookers Seat Stockport”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by AaronGee2108 (1 review written)

The customer service at this branch is awful, for a week now i have been constantly calling them regarding an update about a new vehicle, every time promised a call back and got nothing these include the so called managers. i was reluctant to return this time to purchase a vehicle due to the service i received 2 years ago, but my wife talked me round to give them a second chance and again they are full of false promises. i have now decided to cancel the vehicle and demand my deposit money back… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to AaronGee2108's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Hi AaronGee2108,

Really sorry to hear about your feedback regarding Lookers SEAT Stockport, this sounds like you had a very disappointing experience.

We would like our Head Office to look into this further. Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible about your experience along with your contact information. This form goes directly to Head Office who will be in contact with you regarding what happened.

“Absolutely terrible!”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by Koenigmp158 (1 review written)

The customer service here is awful, they were polite but extremely pushy as soon as the paperwork is signed they could not care less about you. I have had nothing but problems with my vehicle but keep being told it is not there responsibility anymore. I was promised a few hundred pound refunded from my old vehicle and never received it. When I have asked to talk to someone all I kelp being told is they will have to investigate but that never happens. I would strongly advise not to buy from here… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Hi Koenigmp158,

Very sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers. We would like our Head Office to look into this further for you, especially regarding the refund that you have never received and the issues you have been experiencing with your vehicle.

Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration.

Lookers Group

“Oh my god !! So true brought a car from them soon as a...”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by Holmantg174 (1 review written)

Oh my god !! So true brought a car from them soon as a brought it I had so many problems after complaining righting letters no respond waited and still waiting when I call the manager is never there or is in a meeting, they said so many things to me they got me to sign few things. I asked what was that they replied don't worry you don't have to pay anything that's just to say the car is yours. They told me I am getting complimentary things but they charged me for it. … Read Full Review

Written on: 02/06/2014

Hi Holmantg174,

Really sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with Lookers. If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration.

Written on: 02/06/2014

Well I have I contacted lookers Bristol and the manager at the branch and the one above him they didn't get back to me I have written letter, emails, text message and photos evidence!
I even contacted my sale person and the guy who delivered my car when confronted him about it he said " I doing what I was told I am sorry I wouldn't be able to help" he was nice he apologised.
Some of the work that has been done to my car is a joke! Nothing is fitted right I am having issues but when I go back to them same thing over and over again same excuse

They made me travel to burton from birmingham 7/8 times didn't even do nothing and when they did you made a mess!
And then they sent me to halfords where they made even more mess!
What I couldn't understand was why didn't they transfer me to my nearest lookers and have the job some there! Rather then wasting my money and time going to somewhere, where they messed up and don't want responsibilities!
My service with lookers has been a experience where I'll never forget in life!
I'll never forget his face or what he said to me word by word! He is lying to people just to make his money!

Written on: 05/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

Very sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers, it sounds like a very disappointing and frustrating situation that you were put in. I would strongly advise you to communicate all these issues via the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website where it can be investigated by Head Office.

Unfortunately I can’t post the link to the page on this forum, but if you type ‘Lookers plc’ into Google and navigate to the ‘Contact Us’ page along the top you will find the form to complete.

If you could please fill this out and add in as much information as possible, including your car registration.

Written on: 05/06/2014

What is the point of that? I've complained and done all the and nothing happened. Lookers is a way of conning working class people out of their money.

Why would you advertise so big make yourslef known and then not live up to you're exception?
By the looks of things it's not only me who's been disappointed it's allot of people,
You're satisfying one in a million.

I strongly recommend lookers sit down with the mangers and review what has been going on! I don't know most of you're managers have the skills to be a manager!

The staff and the manager need to know what they are selling! Not just hit targets to fill their pockets!

The staffs and highly the managers need to understand this "CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT"

Written on: 09/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

Very sorry to hear you feel like this, but thank you for highlighting these issues. We will pass them onto Head Office to acknowledge and communicate to the Lookers Bristol, Burton and Birmingham branches.

Have you previously been in contact with our Head Office or have you only dealt with members of the Sales team and General Managers regarding this matter?

Written on: 09/06/2014

They never told me how to do that. The manager said he is the highest manager and tried to blame me after I've told him everything his always thinking his right! I was be littled, I broke down he just promised me this and had but nothing happened!.
I was told I can return the car but when I said I wanted to return the car. The manager asked me who told me I can do that I told him. After every time I tried to talk to that person apparently his not there.

Why can't you just look after you're customers the right way???

Written on: 10/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

I am very sorry to hear what happened at this dealership. As I have mentioned before, I would advise you make our Head Office aware of your experience as they ensure that the Lookers customer standards are adhered to. Please visit the Lookers plc website and fill out the ‘Contact Us’ form which goes directly to Head Office and they will escalate your issue.

Alternatively, if you want to let me know your contact details here I can also pass onto Head Office, but just wary this is an open forum, so you may not want to disclose phone numbers or your email address.

Kind Regards.