Lookers Online Reviews - www.lookers.co.uk

• Customer service

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

“Bought a car which had things missing.”

Written on: 29/01/2015 by MaxRamsey (1 review written)

i bought a new Renault Clio 61 plate once i bought it i realised on the back seats the headrests were missing. i told lookers and they said they would get some for me but that was a month ago so the chances of me getting them are very slim they have not contacted me since then. Absolutely hopeless.on the day i picked up the car loookers MOT'd the car but how can it pass the MOT with no fog light bulbs fitted to the car?. I requested Gard X on the car but a few days later when it rained… Read Full Review

“3 weeks off the road for Warranty Repair”

Written on: 21/01/2015

Booked a van in for warranty work 7/01/15 noise from gear box at 60/70mph,so take the van in, then a call saying the van is ready as they could not find a problem, we then have the driver taken back to lookers Yardley and test drives the van with the mechanic that could not hear the problem, then informs us its the gear box !! to which I then had the conversation that it may not be warranty, so I asked for a breakdown of the warranty agreement where the onus of the fault could be applied to the… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your van reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

“LOOKERS BRISTOL”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by rosemike2 (1 review written)

WE BOUGHT A FORD MONDEO FROM THE BRISTOL LOOKERS, WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SALESMAN THAT DEALT WITH US HE WAS SO HELPFULL, ANY QUERIES HE PHONED US AND 3 DAYS AFTER WE BOUGHT THE CAR HE PHONED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT THE CAR WE BOUGHT WAS BRILLIANT WE ARE SO PLEASED WITH THEM WE WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS BRILLIANT… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to rosemike2's Review

Hi rosemike2

Great to hear, thank you for your kind comments. I will pass this on to the team at Bristol.

Wishing you many happy miles in your Mondeo!

^LM

“Car pickup and driving without MOT”

Written on: 03/01/2015 by Geovannia30 (1 review written)

Wife and I purchased a Polo from Lookers Morden around xmas. In short nothing positive to say, but here are the bad points: - Sales person called saying we can pick up the car before the end of the year rather than after the year ( probably so they can meet their targets? ), we picked it up in the dark, but in the morning we discovered it wasn't valeted, so still some mold and bits of dirt and marks everywhere. We called sales person and he said just bring it in when you come back and we'll… Read Full Review

Hi Geovannia30

Really sorry to hear about your experience at our Morden branch. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Steer away from lookers at Burton”

Written on: 30/12/2014 by Pattmollie (1 review written)

Have been looking for a car to tow my boat. I pass lookers every day so I decided to have a look. Very nice salesman came to help me I told him my requirements and he did his best to explain what vehicles they had. He knew a lot about cars so I trusted what he was saying. Then came the bit when we had to talk to the top sales man. That is where I had had enough sell sell sell not the Car I was interested in, insurance, total loss going on all the hard sell he talked me out of buying the car… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Pattmollie's Review

Hi Pattmollie,

Really sorry to hear about your experience.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves? If so, please provide contact details here or, if you would prefer to keep these private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form.

^LM

“If I could score them 0 out of five it would be accurate”

Written on: 22/11/2014

I know this appears to be a long rant but please bear with me and read all my story before you hand thousands of pounds of your hard earned cash to a company who don't appear to care about your pride and joy. I bought a new Polo from Lookers Blackburn in October 2011. It was a top of the range Polo TDI with loads of optional extras. The salesman was great, he is the only good thing about Lookers. Shortly after I bought the car I became aware of an electrical issue. Driving the car at… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2014

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened here with our Head Office.

^LM

“wrongly assembled service manual.”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by davidliners (1 review written)

I have a 2000 registered slk it's service book was full on 83k miles so I wanted a new one to follow on and keep the service records up the book was ordered one week before the service was due,, 5 months later it arrived ! Which if find poor its supposed to be a quality make still then I have book stamped up with the service only to find out that the pages haven't been stapled in correctly difficult procedure even for Mercedes. I mentioned this to the service department who in turn spoke to… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

^LM

“A complete shower avoid at all costs”

Written on: 10/11/2014 by Wineaway (1 review written)

For the past 8 years we have had the misfortune to have to use, firstly Canterbury Lookers to service our vehicle and subsequently Ashford from whom we bought another car in June 2014. I have never met such a bunch of incompetent employees - and we have had executive cars for the past 30 years. Lookers in Canterbury now thankfully closed have sent our car out of a service with a bald tyre. Particularly ironic because at the time there were signs promising a tyre check when your car was in… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Wineaway's Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hi there Wineaway,

Really sorry to hear about your experiences with this branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate what has been happening could you send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please?

“No way!”

Written on: 07/11/2014 by Jaydaj121 (1 review written)

OMG I was going to purchase a car from Lookers and was planning on going this weekend but after reading these reviews (yes ALL of them!) there is no way I will be buying a car from here. I find it repulsive that any dealership would treat customers in this manner. Sorry Lookers but I will NOT be recommending you to anyone after reading these reviews. For those who have taken the time to warn people like me to stay away - thank you… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2014

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you won’t be visiting soon. If you change your mind or if you want some help choosing a car that suits you, please don’t hesitate to contact us here. If you would prefer to keep your details private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form. We will come back to you then as soon as we can.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to show you how good our customer service can be.

“Strange set up”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by peejdj (1 review written)

What a curious set up this franchise is. A few weeks ago I test drove an Astra from Chester Lookers and was broadly happy with the price, but just needed to eek a couple of hundred more from them for my part ex, so I walked away and said I needed time to think about it. Next day, the salesman calls me and asks if we can meet halfway. I was about to say yes when his colleague shouted across to him that the vehicle had been sold. I wasn't surprised given it had been reduced. Imagine my surprise… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to peejdj's Review

Written on: 26/10/2014

Hi there peejdj,

Sorry to hear about this, sounds like you had a very frustrating experience on several occasions with us.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves so we can show you how good our customer service can be?

Peejdj's reply to Lookersgroup's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2014

I've actually now purchased the Astra model I wanted from a local independent dealer at a cheaper price than I could find in group Lookers stock, plus there was none of the nonsense of trying to get me to buy extras such as paint protection. And I got the price I wanted for my trade in with no quibbling. Everyone's a winner....well, apart from Lookers. peejdj

“ellesmere port dealership”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by Warren264 (1 review written)

useless. passing the buck and blaming anyone but themselves. attitude!!! nothing we can do. human error! could not help you. I would not get a car from them even if they gave the damn thing to me for FREE… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2014

Hi Warren264,

Very sorry to hear you feel let down by your experience at our Ellesmere Port branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate this further, could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details. We can look at having your issues addressed.

^LM

“Think twice before a visit?”

Written on: 30/09/2014

Have just myself made a telephone inquiry about a vehicle, finding the sales rep to be very short. Thinking he must be very busy and wanting the car,i decided to give a secound chance and was set to make the 110 mile round trip. I have just spent 40 minutes reading some of these very poor reviews, not finding one to have been responded to in an acceptable positive manner and have now decided not to bother. Lookers have some great vehicles at competative prices, however it does seem, this comes… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2014

Hi there,

Very sorry you feel let down by your experience with us.

Would you give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves so we can show you how good our customer service can be?

Was there a particular vehicle you are after? Please let me know and we can sort this out for you. If so, please provide contact details here or, if you would prefer to keep these private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form. We will come back to you then as soon as we can.

“lookers burton”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by Wazza11 (1 review written)

Just brought a car from lookers burton ! Very professional ! Very pleased. Many thanks… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Wazza11's Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

Hi Wazza11,

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your experience here.

I will pass this on to the team at Lookers Burton. Wishing you many happy miles in your new car!

Kind regards,

Gurugoldberg's Response to Wazza11's Review

Written on: 30/08/2014

How odd! Maybe they are getting the message at last from the hundreds of totally dissatisfied customers! You are the lucky one it seems!

“Avoid them- Appalling customer service- ”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by 192Bradford (1 review written)

Was offered a free diagnostic by VW Group but when I arrived at Lookers they demanded a £75 pound payment and refused to accept a VW Group email confirming that it should be free. The Service Manager said "were just a franchise, we don't have to do what they tell us" and would not do it as Goodwill gesture despite his business card saying "customers for Life". Well they've just lost me as a customer after 15 loyal years and I hope the £75 quid was worth more than the next 35 years of sales… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2014

Hi 192Bradford,

We are really sorry to hear about the level of service received at our Volkswagen dealership.

If you would like to escalate this and have this investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the "Contact Us" form on the Lookers PLC website, with contact details included and we will strive to resolve this situation.

Thank you and we hope to reach a resolution as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Expertfred's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2014

No thanks, I've decided once I've sold my car next year to never be a VW customer again- I hope the £75 quid was worth the loss of my sales and service over the next 35 years. I'm also buying a second car- an SUV and was considering a VW Toureg but not anymore. . .

“Nothing but disappointment from this company attitude...”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by Dex12340 (1 review written)

Every time car has been in their they find other things wrong with it Latest thing was a recall to change oil in gearbox from synthetic to mineral oil . Only to be told suspiciously that gearbox now needs a £1500 repair To top it all they wanted us to pay for the use of a courtesy car Amateurs Car has spent more time in their than with us… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Dex12340's Review

Written on: 11/08/2014

Hi Dex12340,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers, sounds like there are a couple of issue to look at here.

If you would like Head Office to investigate what has been happening, could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

Lookers Group

“Arrogance of the highest level”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by hooperdave (1 review written)

My niece bought a second hand car from Lookers in Manchester. Before they would allow her to take delivery, they replaced the turbo unit. Twelve months on it failed. Car taken to a different garage as the unit was just out of warranty - only to be told that the reason it had failed was that it had not been fitted correctly in the first case! They will not answer emails or return telephone calls. They have to be the most arrogant dealership that I have ever had the misfortune to get involved… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to hooperdave's Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Hi hooperdave,

Very sorry to read about your niece’s problems with Lookers Manchester. Could please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website so Head Office can investigate your issue further and can seek out a resolution with the dealership.

Lookers Group

“Lookers Burton on Trent”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Donovanbb1990 (1 review written)

Steer well clear. Terrible service, high pressure selling, don't take a seat to talk to their sales men. No cooling of period to get your deposit back, even if you change your mind in less than an hour later. To top it all of the car was not prepared to an acceptable standard, breaks with to much play, scratches not fully repaired, black trim with white marks and had to come back twice to get it to a half standard. … Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Hi Donovanbb1990,

Very sorry to read about your experience at Lookers Burton. If you could please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website, Head Office can be notified of what has happened here and can seek to resolve the issue.

Lookers Group

“ STEER CLEAR!!!! BRISTOL LOOKERS ”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Uriel477 (1 review written)

Was called up about a car they had waiting for prep to put on the fore court... as i was interested they offered me a test drive so took up the offer... the car had a few scratches and a dent on the boot lid and chips in the windscreen. but was assured that all visible issues would be dealt with so was happy to go ahead... i collected the car on the thursday to find the car had not been prepped and all they had don was replace the windscreen, the service had not been carried out and the mot was… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

Hi Uriel477,

I believe we have already spoken via the Lookers Group Facebook page. Head Office have been informed of your complaint this morning and this issue is being looked into further.

Lookers

“lookers Renault Chester”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by JoshuaCombs (1 review written)

Probably the most rude and immature sales person I have ever seen at any car dealership. They were nowhere near meeting our expectations re. Part exchange value for our trade in but instead of discussing this sensibly, this overgrown child of a sales person, who had previously been more concerned with upselling overpriced add-on's just walked away from his own desk muttering under his breath. He did not even have the courtesy of even thanking us for any interest in their dealership or… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi JoshuaCombs,

Very sorry to read about your experience at Lookers Renault Chester. If you would like Head Office to look in to this further could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on the Lookers plc website. This form goes directly to Head Office who will be in contact with you regarding what happened.

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi JoshuaCombs,

Lookers Group

“terrible car, worse service”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by ragtoproger (1 review written)

Bought a zafira diesel from lookers wth 12 months warranty and 23000 miles on clock. All ok until 3000miles later I notice oil level rising. Took straight back to looker warrington, they wanted £59 diagnosis fee. No chance. They dropped fee and I left car wih them. They rang me next day and said that they wern,t sure what was wrong but that it was not covered under warranty and that it would be a lot of money to fix. That day I wrote to them and spoke with the manager to inform them that… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to ragtoproger's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi ragtoproger,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers Warrington. Understand that you have already spoken to the Manager but if you would like this matter to be investigated further by Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.