Lookers Online Reviews - www.lookers.co.uk

• Customer service

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

“SOLD DANGEROUS CAR TO EXPECTANT PARENTS, BRISTOL LOOKERS”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by tildacat (1 review written)

The title and other reviews say it all really but PLEASE take the time to read this review. If it saves just one person from going through the stress, suffering and potential danger that we did it will be worth it. Looking for a family car in time for the birth of our first baby we chose to go to lookers only because they have a broad range of cars, not because we wanted to buy from them due to problems with a previous purchase. However the rarity of the car we wanted (limited edition Audi a3)… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to tildacat's Review

Written on: 23/07/2015

Hi tildacat,

I’m very sorry to hear about all trouble you have been with our Bristol supermarket. Would you be able to send me through your contact details including registration and phone number and I will investigate this for you?

If you don’t want to post in the forum, could you visit the Lookers plc site and complete the ‘Contact US’ form so we can look into this further.

Kind Regards
^JN

“happy lady buyer”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by idSandoval222 (1 review written)

I am a single lady and recently had my car wrote off.... I needed a car asap so looked on bristol lookers site and seen one on there that I was interested in. I went down to have a look around day arranged a test drive... I must say my only negative comment is the car had no petrol in so had to go back the next day. I did go back the next day and test drove the car, which I thought was great to drive. I don't know anything about cars, but felt assured that the car had been checked over by them… Read Full Review

“Used car bought was an absolute shocker!”

Written on: 14/07/2015 by MacPherson272 (1 review written)

I bought a used Mercedes that was two years old and it was an absolute shocker. Worse than that was the service received by Lookers especially the head of sales. An absolute awful company selling awful cars at high prices. Stay well clear!… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/07/2015

Hi MacPherson272,

I’m really sorry to hear about trouble you have had with your Mercedes. Would you be able to send me through your contact details including branch you were dealing with and registration and phone number and I will investigate?

Kind Regards
^JN

“Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole”

Written on: 21/06/2015 by phil1968 (1 review written)

They don't call you back when you make enquiries & the car they had for sale wasn't as described. I asked all the right questions before coming to view as I was travelling a long way. The car had scuffs to all 4 alloys, the front wing had been badly resprayed & there were numerous dents & scratches to the paintwork. Even more laughable was the fact that it was being advertised at top dollar. Complete waste of my time & money to view. Not to be trusted. Avoid!… Read Full Review

Phil1968's Response to phil1968's Review

Written on: 23/06/2015

This is Lookers Car Supermarket in Bristol by the way

“Avoid Blackburn Lookers VW”

Written on: 10/06/2015 by Jazmin437 (1 review written)

Bought a three year old low mileage Golf TDI Match I went to collect it early on a Saturday morning The car had been valeted but not to a good standard but did not have a rear parcel shelf, but did have a slow puncture. I drove the 350 miles home and the car performed well, it was only when I was near home one of the wipers fell off! Oh and I had to put more air in the tyres. The next day I had to have road side assistance out to repair the wiper and then go to quick fit to have the puncture… Read Full Review

“Poor & Expensive Service”

Written on: 17/05/2015 by Lee176 (1 review written)

Took my car to Lookees battersea as it was jerking and a warming light had appeared . They identified tk was a mox sensor and drive shaft boot that was causing the problems . paid £1017.68. Got the car back and still had jerking problems . Called them and asked for a call back . This didn't happens . The following day whilst driving the car broke down. I called Battersea for assistance but they couldn't send anyone. When I got the car back to them they said they said they would… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Lee176's Review

Written on: 18/05/2015

Hi Lee176,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at our VW dealership. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please and I will have our Head Office investigate this further? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form.

“After care”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by KeithOg (1 review written)

Bought a C Class in Sept' 14; 2.5 years old 28,000 miles. Good price, good exchange on slk. Asked about tyres which looked a bit worn. Drove away ignorant but happy. March '15 MOT due; Service Manager came out to tell me all 4 tyres needed replacing at huge cost. Funny, say I, bought 6 months past only done 763 miles (been overseas most of time) so how can this be? Their fault he says, caught between 2 dealers; tyres should have been replaced. At this point I start looking at reviews - not good… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to KeithOg's Review

Written on: 06/05/2015

Hi KeithOg,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although we seemed to have initially let you down, I am glad there was a positive outcome in the end. Thank you for your kind words, I will pass on to the team at Lookers Ashford.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by LewisWilliams442 (1 review written)

I bought Landrover Evoque. After sell no service, never recommend this people and I want to tell all world do not use this company. … Read Full Review

Written on: 29/04/2015

Hi LewisWilliams442,

Really sorry to hear about your poor experience. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you were dealing please?

“Never agane ”

Written on: 12/04/2015 by Benjamin166 (1 review written)

Quick to rip you off and tell you anything but when they have you cash they do not want to no mine has been back 5 times and still not sorted. Will never buy of them again.be warned go buy one some where else not lookers… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2015

Hi Benjamin166,

“I will not buy again”

Written on: 22/03/2015 by CristopherDowd (1 review written)

Lot of problem`s when buying Corsa 1.4 2013 Price on Car 6995£ and staff taking about huge price reduction this weekend, 5 minuts later in office price 7500£ - Reason : someone put on wrong price on car. Staff promise find ashtray for car - not happened Staff promise wash car before collection - not happened Staff promise make ready all paperwork in 1 hour - take 2 & half. 1 minut before i left this site , staff told me - battery in key for central locking is flat - you can come to our garage… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi CristopherDowd,

Really sorry to hear you poor experience, we have let you down here. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you were dealing with and your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“TERRIBLE SERVICE - AVOID BURTON”

Written on: 19/03/2015

On Saturday 14th I travelled 100 miles to view a Volvo C30. We attempted to negotiate a deal with the business manager at this time but were told they could only accept the current price of £8000 for the vehicle. Despite having the cash to purchase the car then and there, we felt slight aggrieved by the attitude of the Business Manager who bluntly told us that they would not accept anything lower, despite us over hearing his previous conversation with another customer who was also trying to… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you had at our Burton branch. I would like to escalate what happened here with Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Worst experience of my life”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by Vicentey346 (1 review written)

A truely awful experience, staff are incompetant and don't do what they say. Zero after care, took ages to sort out through finance company. I wouldn't recommend this bunch to my worst enemy. Only get one one star because you can't give them no stars!… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/02/2015

Hi Vicentey346,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to get these issues addressed via our Head Office. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you have been dealing with please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Lookers are always right! ”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by Javon243 (1 review written)

I wanted to purchase a car from them, I promised a date & time I could collect, I drove some distance to do so as per a telephone agreement but then that could not happen. I chased & chased & chased the next day, with the response of its not our fault, you should have done this, you should have done that! NOT THE CASE. I agreed & carried out the actions that I was meant to as per my agreement with an employee (NOT MY FAULT YOUR EMPLOYEES DO NOT ALL SING OFF OF THE SAME SHEET!) Then when you… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/02/2015

Hi Javon243,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

“Never again!”

Written on: 07/02/2015

This is by far the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I bought a Mercedes CLS from Lookers Canterbury, now luckily closed, where I was told the vehicle had a full Mercedes service history,. It only transpired 6 months later (after countless mechanical problems) that the car had never been serviced, and certainly they didn't have any previous history on the car. I forced them to take the car back after reporting them directly to Mercedes HQ in Munich, and threatening them… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/02/2015

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you had, I would like to escalate this to our own Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your previous car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Terrible company to deal with”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by Cadenceo207 (1 review written)

Purchased a car from VW Lookers In Blackburn ,Received the car with no log book stamped from Lookers ,sratches on the car and wind deflector missing car was not valeted inside and also paid for delivery of the car and the car was driven from Black burn to London by a member of their staff,it took Lookers one month to fix the sratches and chip marks,stay clear from this company ,very unprofessionl and they offer a customer for Life policy ,stay clear from this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi Cadenceo207,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had at our VW Blackburn branch. I would like to escalate what happened here and get these issues addressed by our Head Office.

^LM

“Bought a car which had things missing.”

Written on: 29/01/2015 by MaxRamsey (1 review written)

i bought a new Renault Clio 61 plate once i bought it i realised on the back seats the headrests were missing. i told lookers and they said they would get some for me but that was a month ago so the chances of me getting them are very slim they have not contacted me since then. Absolutely hopeless.on the day i picked up the car loookers MOT'd the car but how can it pass the MOT with no fog light bulbs fitted to the car?. I requested Gard X on the car but a few days later when it rained… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Hi MaxRamsey,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to get these issues addressed via our Head Office. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“3 weeks off the road for Warranty Repair”

Written on: 21/01/2015

Booked a van in for warranty work 7/01/15 noise from gear box at 60/70mph,so take the van in, then a call saying the van is ready as they could not find a problem, we then have the driver taken back to lookers Yardley and test drives the van with the mechanic that could not hear the problem, then informs us its the gear box !! to which I then had the conversation that it may not be warranty, so I asked for a breakdown of the warranty agreement where the onus of the fault could be applied to the… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi there,

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your van reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

“LOOKERS BRISTOL”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by rosemike2 (1 review written)

WE BOUGHT A FORD MONDEO FROM THE BRISTOL LOOKERS, WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SALESMAN THAT DEALT WITH US HE WAS SO HELPFULL, ANY QUERIES HE PHONED US AND 3 DAYS AFTER WE BOUGHT THE CAR HE PHONED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT THE CAR WE BOUGHT WAS BRILLIANT WE ARE SO PLEASED WITH THEM WE WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS BRILLIANT… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to rosemike2's Review

Hi rosemike2

Great to hear, thank you for your kind comments. I will pass this on to the team at Bristol.

Wishing you many happy miles in your Mondeo!

^LM

“Car pickup and driving without MOT”

Written on: 03/01/2015 by Geovannia30 (1 review written)

Wife and I purchased a Polo from Lookers Morden around xmas. In short nothing positive to say, but here are the bad points: - Sales person called saying we can pick up the car before the end of the year rather than after the year ( probably so they can meet their targets? ), we picked it up in the dark, but in the morning we discovered it wasn't valeted, so still some mold and bits of dirt and marks everywhere. We called sales person and he said just bring it in when you come back and we'll… Read Full Review

Hi Geovannia30

Really sorry to hear about your experience at our Morden branch. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

^LM

“Steer away from lookers at Burton”

Written on: 30/12/2014 by Pattmollie (1 review written)

Have been looking for a car to tow my boat. I pass lookers every day so I decided to have a look. Very nice salesman came to help me I told him my requirements and he did his best to explain what vehicles they had. He knew a lot about cars so I trusted what he was saying. Then came the bit when we had to talk to the top sales man. That is where I had had enough sell sell sell not the Car I was interested in, insurance, total loss going on all the hard sell he talked me out of buying the car… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Pattmollie's Review

Hi Pattmollie,

Really sorry to hear about your experience.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves? If so, please provide contact details here or, if you would prefer to keep these private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form.