Lookers Online Reviews - www.lookers.co.uk

• Customer service

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

“terrible car, worse service”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by ragtoproger (1 review written)

Bought a zafira diesel from lookers wth 12 months warranty and 23000 miles on clock. All ok until 3000miles later I notice oil level rising. Took straight back to looker warrington, they wanted £59 diagnosis fee. No chance. They dropped fee and I left car wih them. They rang me next day and said that they wern,t sure what was wrong but that it was not covered under warranty and that it would be a lot of money to fix. That day I wrote to them and spoke with the manager to inform them that… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to ragtoproger's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi ragtoproger,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers Warrington. Understand that you have already spoken to the Manager but if you would like this matter to be investigated further by Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

“Lookers Yardley”

Written on: 20/06/2014 by Juliet84 (1 review written)

This relates specifically to Service department at Lookers Yardley. After taking half a day off work to take my car in and two hours of waiting, i was told nothing was wrong with my car and i would need to pay diagnostic fee. I asked to speak to mechanic and took him to my car to reproduce the problem. He apologised and said he never recognised the sound earlier. The lady who served me at Lookers Yardley service centre was awful - she was so rude, no manners, said everything in a tone that made… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2014

Hi Juliet84,

We are very sorry to read about your experience with Lookers Yardley Service Department, this sounds like a very frustrating experience and we would like our Head Office to look into what happened here.

Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much detail as possible, including your contact information and car registration.

“Lookers blackpool”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Marcusz285 (1 review written)

Purchased a APPROVED used car. On collection day the vehicle was not ready but was promised could return to have work completed. Please please check everything about the car before you drive it away. Service history incomplete, Took 6 weeks to get the MOT certificate from them, When it did arrive it showed advisory of front two wheel bearings have excessive play - more work I will have to pay for, they should of shown this before I took the car. It took 8 weeks of phone calls and emails to… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi Marcusz285,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers Blackpool. It sounds like you had a very disappointing experience.

If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details and car registration.

Cavendish1234's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi
Do you have a contact name, as contacted head office but they contacted the dealership and the same manager who sold the vehicle to me dealt with the complaint and basically did nothing, apart from offer a service

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Cavendish1234,

Sorry to hear this. Are you referring to the complaint above from Marcusz285 regarding 'Lookers blackpool'?

I would advise contacting Head Office again to explain that you are not satisfied with the outcome of speaking to the dealership.

You will be able to contact our Head Office via the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website.

“Lookers Seat Stockport”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by AaronGee2108 (1 review written)

The customer service at this branch is awful, for a week now i have been constantly calling them regarding an update about a new vehicle, every time promised a call back and got nothing these include the so called managers. i was reluctant to return this time to purchase a vehicle due to the service i received 2 years ago, but my wife talked me round to give them a second chance and again they are full of false promises. i have now decided to cancel the vehicle and demand my deposit money back… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to AaronGee2108's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Hi AaronGee2108,

Really sorry to hear about your feedback regarding Lookers SEAT Stockport, this sounds like you had a very disappointing experience.

We would like our Head Office to look into this further. Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible about your experience along with your contact information. This form goes directly to Head Office who will be in contact with you regarding what happened.

“Absolutely terrible!”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by Koenigmp158 (1 review written)

The customer service here is awful, they were polite but extremely pushy as soon as the paperwork is signed they could not care less about you. I have had nothing but problems with my vehicle but keep being told it is not there responsibility anymore. I was promised a few hundred pound refunded from my old vehicle and never received it. When I have asked to talk to someone all I kelp being told is they will have to investigate but that never happens. I would strongly advise not to buy from here… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Hi Koenigmp158,

Very sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers. We would like our Head Office to look into this further for you, especially regarding the refund that you have never received and the issues you have been experiencing with your vehicle.

Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration.

Lookers Group

“Oh my god !! So true brought a car from them soon as a...”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by Holmantg174 (1 review written)

Oh my god !! So true brought a car from them soon as a brought it I had so many problems after complaining righting letters no respond waited and still waiting when I call the manager is never there or is in a meeting, they said so many things to me they got me to sign few things. I asked what was that they replied don't worry you don't have to pay anything that's just to say the car is yours. They told me I am getting complimentary things but they charged me for it. … Read Full Review

Written on: 02/06/2014

Hi Holmantg174,

Really sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with Lookers. If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration.

Written on: 02/06/2014

Well I have I contacted lookers Bristol and the manager at the branch and the one above him they didn't get back to me I have written letter, emails, text message and photos evidence!
I even contacted my sale person and the guy who delivered my car when confronted him about it he said " I doing what I was told I am sorry I wouldn't be able to help" he was nice he apologised.
Some of the work that has been done to my car is a joke! Nothing is fitted right I am having issues but when I go back to them same thing over and over again same excuse

They made me travel to burton from birmingham 7/8 times didn't even do nothing and when they did you made a mess!
And then they sent me to halfords where they made even more mess!
What I couldn't understand was why didn't they transfer me to my nearest lookers and have the job some there! Rather then wasting my money and time going to somewhere, where they messed up and don't want responsibilities!
My service with lookers has been a experience where I'll never forget in life!
I'll never forget his face or what he said to me word by word! He is lying to people just to make his money!

Written on: 05/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

Very sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers, it sounds like a very disappointing and frustrating situation that you were put in. I would strongly advise you to communicate all these issues via the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website where it can be investigated by Head Office.

Unfortunately I can’t post the link to the page on this forum, but if you type ‘Lookers plc’ into Google and navigate to the ‘Contact Us’ page along the top you will find the form to complete.

If you could please fill this out and add in as much information as possible, including your car registration.

Written on: 05/06/2014

What is the point of that? I've complained and done all the and nothing happened. Lookers is a way of conning working class people out of their money.

Why would you advertise so big make yourslef known and then not live up to you're exception?
By the looks of things it's not only me who's been disappointed it's allot of people,
You're satisfying one in a million.

I strongly recommend lookers sit down with the mangers and review what has been going on! I don't know most of you're managers have the skills to be a manager!

The staff and the manager need to know what they are selling! Not just hit targets to fill their pockets!

The staffs and highly the managers need to understand this "CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT"

Written on: 09/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

Very sorry to hear you feel like this, but thank you for highlighting these issues. We will pass them onto Head Office to acknowledge and communicate to the Lookers Bristol, Burton and Birmingham branches.

Have you previously been in contact with our Head Office or have you only dealt with members of the Sales team and General Managers regarding this matter?

Written on: 09/06/2014

They never told me how to do that. The manager said he is the highest manager and tried to blame me after I've told him everything his always thinking his right! I was be littled, I broke down he just promised me this and had but nothing happened!.
I was told I can return the car but when I said I wanted to return the car. The manager asked me who told me I can do that I told him. After every time I tried to talk to that person apparently his not there.

Why can't you just look after you're customers the right way???

Written on: 10/06/2014

Hi Jubel,

I am very sorry to hear what happened at this dealership. As I have mentioned before, I would advise you make our Head Office aware of your experience as they ensure that the Lookers customer standards are adhered to. Please visit the Lookers plc website and fill out the ‘Contact Us’ form which goes directly to Head Office and they will escalate your issue.

Alternatively, if you want to let me know your contact details here I can also pass onto Head Office, but just wary this is an open forum, so you may not want to disclose phone numbers or your email address.

Kind Regards.

“service department”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by 177Daly (1 review written)

terrible service, no communication with customers just an unlimited amount of excuses when things go wrong. service manager seem to think he is always right no matter what the situation. so in short use Lookers VW Blackburn service department at your own risk, I did and I can honestly say never again! look for another VW dealer within the UK network… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2014

Hi 177Daly,

Really sorry to hear about your experience at Lookers VW Blackburn. It sounds like you had a very disappointing service.

If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website. Please add in as much information as possible about what happened and your full contact details.

Lookers Group

“Trade in > Insult and less than useless sales assistant...”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by Abbott50 (1 review written)

Really Bad experience at Lookers in St Helens, The offer for my ' Trade In ' was an insult > Don't go there... :(… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2014

Hi Abbott50,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with our St. Helens branch.

“Disorganised and uniformed”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by Taylorfd451 (1 review written)

Delayed my diagnostics and parts fitting, pretty sure because it was warranty work. I'll never use them again… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2014

Hi Taylorfd451

Really sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers.

If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including all your contact information and branch you were dealing with.

“Customer care ZERO.”

Written on: 24/02/2014

Bought BMW from LOOKERS St Helens. After few days noticed handbrake not working correctly. Contacted garage and informed it was working to BMW spec. Had the car 8 months, done 3000 miles, and it failed its MOT on the handbrake. Contacted St Helens. They don't want to know… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2014

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about your experience at our St. Helens branch. We take complaints very seriously and would like this matter to be investigated further by our Head Office. Could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including all your contact information and also car registration.

“Disgusted!!!! ”

Written on: 21/02/2014 by volvo1996T5 (1 review written)

I took my car up to lookers volvo to get a diagnostic test done as a couple of weeks before I took it up there and got the diagnostics done and a full health check and all was fine then a light came back on so they said they would look at it again free of charge... I was happy then it all went wrong. I drove my car 26miles to the garage gave them my keys then the mechanic jammed the wrong key into the ignition which broke the barrel which they then ended up fixing but then I get a call to say… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to volvo1996T5's Review

Written on: 24/02/2014

Hi volvo1996T5

Really sorry to hear about your experience with our Lookers Volvo branch.

If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including all your contact information and also car registration.

“new customer”

Written on: 17/02/2014

i was thinking of purchasing a VW jetta from Lookers St Helens but after reading the reviews and won't bother now as they sound like criminals. … Read Full Review

Written on: 18/02/2014

Hi,

Sorry to hear you will not be visiting us. However, if you change your mind please feel free to visit us at any of our Approved VW dealerships which are located in Battersea, Blackburn, Blackpool, Darlington, Morden, Northallerton, Preston or Teeside.

The VW Jetta you were looking at in Lookers St. Helens Vauxhall is a Jetta Sport, we have another 5 Jetta Sport cars located throughout our Group if you are interested in taking a further look at this particular model.

Lookers

“left me with a real feeling of being exploited”

Written on: 04/02/2014

I took my Tiguan in for a repair that had been diagnosed by my local independent garage who recommended that the failed part fitted by a VW dealer. After waiting ages to check in as the one receptionist not talking to their boyfriend had appointments with several clients at the same time. I then discover that they wanted £65 to diagnose the fault even though it only takes a few minutes on a laptop and this would not be credited once I paid the 400 repair. On collection it seemed like they had… Read Full Review

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers. If you would like this matter to be investigated by our Head Office could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration.

Burnsies's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2014

I have taken this up with VW and Lookers and have been very unimpressed with the outcome. My next step is to contact Trading Standards, as I believe that Lookers have tried to unlawfully get nearly £1,000 of work that does not need doing. I have had this independently verified. This is a disgraceful way for Lookers to treat its paying customers and other VW owners should be very cautious before accepting the advice from the service department, as you could be throwing your money away. All bar one of the urgent faults reported on my car were simply made up!

Burnsies's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2014

Update - Lookers wanted nearly £1,000 to repair urgent faults on my car. I had these faults checked independently and only one of these faults actually existed, which I have subsequently had repaired. The other £850 was just made up in an attempt to extract more money. What's worse, is that since getting my car back, my parking sensors now don't work! Coincidence, or another attempt to create work by the service department. Volkswagen owners beware! Fortunately I managed to get away without accepting their word, but their advice was that my car was not safe to drive and would not pass an MOT. This was a lie.

“I booked my car in for service and they advised me all...”

Written on: 30/01/2014

I booked my car in for service and they advised me all 4 tyres need to be changed. I had an issue with a tyre a week later and received terrible service from very rude staff. They then tried to sell me another tyre. Each tyre cost me over 300 pounds. I managed to get the tyre repaired for 10 pounds. Avoid Lookers Mercedes Benz or you will get ripped off… Read Full Review

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with our Lookers Mercedes-Benz branch.

Lookers Group

“lookers are useless, avoid them”

Written on: 24/01/2014

Gave car 3 days ago still they didn't start work on it they already charge £60 to look at it then today they said they couldn't fix the issue and need 2 more hours of labour to look at it still no promise to fix it. they are charging money like it grows on the tree without fixing the car. avoid this company which cons it's own vauxhall customers. avoid lookers and avoid vauxhall. Ridiculous service from staff as well. This is ridiculous they think people have endless pit of money to throw at… Read Full Review

Mak510's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2014

when complained to the service manager at yardley, they still haven't called back even though they promised they would. thiefs.

Written on: 28/01/2014

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with our Lookers Vauxhall branch.

“disgusted”

Written on: 23/01/2014 by melaniedaniels (1 review written)

I took a mobility car to Lookers on Derby road , Liverpool for its annual servicing it took 4 hours as I waited in reception and 45 of those minutes were while I waited for the car to be washed . I thought at least the car would be waiting for me when I got outside but no they expect you to go and look for the car yourself . What happened to customer care ? I feel rightly or wrongly they have a two tier system if you pay for vehicle servicing then you come first while motability customers come… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to melaniedaniels's Review

Written on: 28/01/2014

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with our Lookers branch on Derby Road.

“THIEFS”

Written on: 10/01/2014

Lookers diagnosed and suggested my car needed a new steering rack, steering rack cost £780 and two valves at £81 each, with labour total cost £1660. Went to my local independent garage who diagnosed a worn seal within the steering rack, replaced seal and topped out power steering fluid total cost of repair £15. A steering rack costs around £350 and comes complete with the valves and fitting kit, so if I do need to replace down the line it would only be a 3rd of the price quoted by… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

Lookers Group

“NOT HAPPY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!”

Written on: 13/12/2013 by Michaeltainton (1 review written)

Well where I start... I purchased a Vauxhall corsa 48k on the clock and was working well for about 2 days, took for repairs and was told it was fixed, got home and no it wasn’t, took car back again and called 3 days later to say was fixed. I got to the petrol station and my car would not start so AGAIN took it back (after 1 hour of trying to start the car) and they advised me they had NO IDEA what the problem is but do I want the car back???? obviously I don’t want a broken car so I… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Michaeltainton's Review

Written on: 07/01/2014

Hi Michaeltainton,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with Lookers.

If you could please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible, including the specific dealership you were dealing with, contact information and also car registration. This form will be sent directly to our Head Office to investigate further.

“AWFUL customer service”

Written on: 21/10/2013

Car was supposed to come with 2 keys but only had 1 at the time, so said they would send someone out to cut the second key and they will pay. Months later, rang up said the same thing, but needed a code, so rang back up and then they informed me that they cant send anyone out as it is not possible ( which is rubbish as the man I found said he worked for them) and I have to pay for it myself and they will invoice me the money. 4 phone calls later and weeks after purchasing my key I am still… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/10/2013

Hi,

Please could you send us your contact details as well as confirming which dealer you went too, so we can liaise with you directly. Please go to our Lookers PLC website complete the contact us form which will be sent directly to our Head Office.

We can then look into this and confirm with the dealer in question what this covers.

Vauxhallservice's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2013

Best option, find a person from head office, Manchester, see Linkedin or Peter Jones owner of Lookers. use his full name@lookers.co.uk

You will have an answer. Very easy. If you also cc the manager of the branch this will move his reactions even faster. And you will then be looked after.

You can use this for all problems. If still no good then e-mail fullname@vauxhall.co.uk This will move Lookers even faster.

So just use the power of the mouse to move Lookers
The Service Team

“We brought a friend to get a secondhand car we were...”

Written on: 18/10/2013 by umandy (1 review written)

We brought a friend to get a secondhand car we were told that till they check the credits we will not be deducted but we got to make a payment of £200 in order to proceed and was promised it will be refunded if we are not happy or can meet the budget. After 2 days the monthly payment quote was to high for my friend and he refused to accept but till today he didnt get his refund. What a rip off..... Watch out… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to umandy's Review