Lookers Online Reviews - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

Lookers Online - www.lookers.co.uk

“After care”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by KeithOg (1 review written)

Bought a C Class in Sept' 14; 2.5 years old 28,000 miles. Good price, good exchange on slk. Asked about tyres which looked a bit worn. Drove away ignorant but happy. March '15 MOT due; Service Manager came out to tell me all 4 tyres needed replacing at huge cost. Funny, say I, bought 6 months past only done 763 miles (been overseas most of time) so how can this be? Their fault he says, caught between 2 dealers; tyres should have been replaced. At this point I start looking at reviews - not good… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to KeithOg's Review

Written on: 06/05/2015

Hi KeithOg,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although we seemed to have initially let you down, I am glad there was a positive outcome in the end. Thank you for your kind words, I will pass on to the team at Lookers Ashford.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by LewisWilliams442 (1 review written)

I bought Landrover Evoque. After sell no service, never recommend this people and I want to tell all world do not use this company. … Read Full Review

Written on: 29/04/2015

Hi LewisWilliams442,

Really sorry to hear about your poor experience. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you were dealing please?

“Never agane ”

Written on: 12/04/2015 by Benjamin166 (1 review written)

Quick to rip you off and tell you anything but when they have you cash they do not want to no mine has been back 5 times and still not sorted. Will never buy of them again.be warned go buy one some where else not lookers… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2015

Hi Benjamin166,

“I will not buy again”

Written on: 22/03/2015 by CristopherDowd (1 review written)

Lot of problem`s when buying Corsa 1.4 2013 Price on Car 6995£ and staff taking about huge price reduction this weekend, 5 minuts later in office price 7500£ - Reason : someone put on wrong price on car. Staff promise find ashtray for car - not happened Staff promise wash car before collection - not happened Staff promise make ready all paperwork in 1 hour - take 2 & half. 1 minut before i left this site , staff told me - battery in key for central locking is flat - you can come to our garage… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi CristopherDowd,

Really sorry to hear you poor experience, we have let you down here. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you were dealing with and your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“TERRIBLE SERVICE - AVOID BURTON”

Written on: 19/03/2015

On Saturday 14th I travelled 100 miles to view a Volvo C30. We attempted to negotiate a deal with the business manager at this time but were told they could only accept the current price of £8000 for the vehicle. Despite having the cash to purchase the car then and there, we felt slight aggrieved by the attitude of the Business Manager who bluntly told us that they would not accept anything lower, despite us over hearing his previous conversation with another customer who was also trying to… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you had at our Burton branch. I would like to escalate what happened here with Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Worst experience of my life”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by Vicentey346 (1 review written)

A truely awful experience, staff are incompetant and don't do what they say. Zero after care, took ages to sort out through finance company. I wouldn't recommend this bunch to my worst enemy. Only get one one star because you can't give them no stars!… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/02/2015

Hi Vicentey346,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to get these issues addressed via our Head Office. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with the branch you have been dealing with please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Lookers are always right! ”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by Javon243 (1 review written)

I wanted to purchase a car from them, I promised a date & time I could collect, I drove some distance to do so as per a telephone agreement but then that could not happen. I chased & chased & chased the next day, with the response of its not our fault, you should have done this, you should have done that! NOT THE CASE. I agreed & carried out the actions that I was meant to as per my agreement with an employee (NOT MY FAULT YOUR EMPLOYEES DO NOT ALL SING OFF OF THE SAME SHEET!) Then when you… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/02/2015

Hi Javon243,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

“Never again!”

Written on: 07/02/2015

This is by far the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I bought a Mercedes CLS from Lookers Canterbury, now luckily closed, where I was told the vehicle had a full Mercedes service history,. It only transpired 6 months later (after countless mechanical problems) that the car had never been serviced, and certainly they didn't have any previous history on the car. I forced them to take the car back after reporting them directly to Mercedes HQ in Munich, and threatening them… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/02/2015

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you had, I would like to escalate this to our own Head Office.

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your previous car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“Terrible company to deal with”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by Cadenceo207 (1 review written)

Purchased a car from VW Lookers In Blackburn ,Received the car with no log book stamped from Lookers ,sratches on the car and wind deflector missing car was not valeted inside and also paid for delivery of the car and the car was driven from Black burn to London by a member of their staff,it took Lookers one month to fix the sratches and chip marks,stay clear from this company ,very unprofessionl and they offer a customer for Life policy ,stay clear from this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi Cadenceo207,

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had at our VW Blackburn branch. I would like to escalate what happened here and get these issues addressed by our Head Office.

^LM

“Bought a car which had things missing.”

Written on: 29/01/2015 by MaxRamsey (1 review written)

i bought a new Renault Clio 61 plate once i bought it i realised on the back seats the headrests were missing. i told lookers and they said they would get some for me but that was a month ago so the chances of me getting them are very slim they have not contacted me since then. Absolutely hopeless.on the day i picked up the car loookers MOT'd the car but how can it pass the MOT with no fog light bulbs fitted to the car?. I requested Gard X on the car but a few days later when it rained… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Hi MaxRamsey,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to get these issues addressed via our Head Office. Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

^LM

“3 weeks off the road for Warranty Repair”

Written on: 21/01/2015

Booked a van in for warranty work 7/01/15 noise from gear box at 60/70mph,so take the van in, then a call saying the van is ready as they could not find a problem, we then have the driver taken back to lookers Yardley and test drives the van with the mechanic that could not hear the problem, then informs us its the gear box !! to which I then had the conversation that it may not be warranty, so I asked for a breakdown of the warranty agreement where the onus of the fault could be applied to the… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi there,

Would you be able to send through some additional contact information along with your van reg please? If you don’t want to post it here on the forum, could you please visit the Lookers plc site and complete the 'Contact Us' form so we can look into this further.

“LOOKERS BRISTOL”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by rosemike2 (1 review written)

WE BOUGHT A FORD MONDEO FROM THE BRISTOL LOOKERS, WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SALESMAN THAT DEALT WITH US HE WAS SO HELPFULL, ANY QUERIES HE PHONED US AND 3 DAYS AFTER WE BOUGHT THE CAR HE PHONED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT THE CAR WE BOUGHT WAS BRILLIANT WE ARE SO PLEASED WITH THEM WE WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS BRILLIANT… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to rosemike2's Review

Hi rosemike2

Great to hear, thank you for your kind comments. I will pass this on to the team at Bristol.

Wishing you many happy miles in your Mondeo!

^LM

“Car pickup and driving without MOT”

Written on: 03/01/2015 by Geovannia30 (1 review written)

Wife and I purchased a Polo from Lookers Morden around xmas. In short nothing positive to say, but here are the bad points: - Sales person called saying we can pick up the car before the end of the year rather than after the year ( probably so they can meet their targets? ), we picked it up in the dark, but in the morning we discovered it wasn't valeted, so still some mold and bits of dirt and marks everywhere. We called sales person and he said just bring it in when you come back and we'll… Read Full Review

Hi Geovannia30

Really sorry to hear about your experience at our Morden branch. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

^LM

“Steer away from lookers at Burton”

Written on: 30/12/2014 by Pattmollie (1 review written)

Have been looking for a car to tow my boat. I pass lookers every day so I decided to have a look. Very nice salesman came to help me I told him my requirements and he did his best to explain what vehicles they had. He knew a lot about cars so I trusted what he was saying. Then came the bit when we had to talk to the top sales man. That is where I had had enough sell sell sell not the Car I was interested in, insurance, total loss going on all the hard sell he talked me out of buying the car… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Pattmollie's Review

Hi Pattmollie,

Really sorry to hear about your experience.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves? If so, please provide contact details here or, if you would prefer to keep these private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form.

^LM

“If I could score them 0 out of five it would be accurate”

Written on: 22/11/2014

I know this appears to be a long rant but please bear with me and read all my story before you hand thousands of pounds of your hard earned cash to a company who don't appear to care about your pride and joy. I bought a new Polo from Lookers Blackburn in October 2011. It was a top of the range Polo TDI with loads of optional extras. The salesman was great, he is the only good thing about Lookers. Shortly after I bought the car I became aware of an electrical issue. Driving the car at… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2014

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I would like to escalate what happened here with our Head Office.

Javiolet's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2015

Another unsatisfied customer well well well! This is not at all surprising to hear! I have myself over the years had appalling experiences with lookers at blackburn. Don't let me forget unpleasant experience with their staff! This customers complaint sounds all too familiar. I won't go into detail with my horrendous experience because too much writing I can't write a book on here I'm afraid! I think it's about time this dealership made its claim to fame on WATCHDOG god the ratings would be enormous. If you want good vw service try INCHCAPE BURY absolutely marvellous !!

“wrongly assembled service manual.”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by davidliners (1 review written)

I have a 2000 registered slk it's service book was full on 83k miles so I wanted a new one to follow on and keep the service records up the book was ordered one week before the service was due,, 5 months later it arrived ! Which if find poor its supposed to be a quality make still then I have book stamped up with the service only to find out that the pages haven't been stapled in correctly difficult procedure even for Mercedes. I mentioned this to the service department who in turn spoke to… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate what happened with our Head Office.

Lookersgroup's Response to davidliners's Review

Written on: 12/11/2014

Hi davidliners,

^LM

“A complete shower avoid at all costs”

Written on: 10/11/2014 by Wineaway (1 review written)

For the past 8 years we have had the misfortune to have to use, firstly Canterbury Lookers to service our vehicle and subsequently Ashford from whom we bought another car in June 2014. I have never met such a bunch of incompetent employees - and we have had executive cars for the past 30 years. Lookers in Canterbury now thankfully closed have sent our car out of a service with a bald tyre. Particularly ironic because at the time there were signs promising a tyre check when your car was in… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to Wineaway's Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hi there Wineaway,

Really sorry to hear about your experiences with this branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate what has been happening could you send through some additional contact information along with your car reg please?

“No way!”

Written on: 07/11/2014 by Jaydaj121 (1 review written)

OMG I was going to purchase a car from Lookers and was planning on going this weekend but after reading these reviews (yes ALL of them!) there is no way I will be buying a car from here. I find it repulsive that any dealership would treat customers in this manner. Sorry Lookers but I will NOT be recommending you to anyone after reading these reviews. For those who have taken the time to warn people like me to stay away - thank you… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2014

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you won’t be visiting soon. If you change your mind or if you want some help choosing a car that suits you, please don’t hesitate to contact us here. If you would prefer to keep your details private, please do a Google Search for 'Lookers Contact Us' and complete the form. We will come back to you then as soon as we can.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to show you how good our customer service can be.

Kind Regards, ^LM

“Strange set up”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by peejdj (1 review written)

What a curious set up this franchise is. A few weeks ago I test drove an Astra from Chester Lookers and was broadly happy with the price, but just needed to eek a couple of hundred more from them for my part ex, so I walked away and said I needed time to think about it. Next day, the salesman calls me and asks if we can meet halfway. I was about to say yes when his colleague shouted across to him that the vehicle had been sold. I wasn't surprised given it had been reduced. Imagine my surprise… Read Full Review

Lookersgroup's Response to peejdj's Review

Written on: 26/10/2014

Hi there peejdj,

Sorry to hear about this, sounds like you had a very frustrating experience on several occasions with us.

Would you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves so we can show you how good our customer service can be?

Kind Regards, ^LM

Peejdj's reply to Lookersgroup's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2014

I've actually now purchased the Astra model I wanted from a local independent dealer at a cheaper price than I could find in group Lookers stock, plus there was none of the nonsense of trying to get me to buy extras such as paint protection. And I got the price I wanted for my trade in with no quibbling. Everyone's a winner....well, apart from Lookers. peejdj

“ellesmere port dealership”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by Warren264 (1 review written)

useless. passing the buck and blaming anyone but themselves. attitude!!! nothing we can do. human error! could not help you. I would not get a car from them even if they gave the damn thing to me for FREE… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2014

Hi Warren264,

Very sorry to hear you feel let down by your experience at our Ellesmere Port branch.

If you would like Head Office to investigate this further, could you please complete the 'Contact Us' form on our Lookers plc website and add in as much information as possible along with your full contact details. We can look at having your issues addressed.