AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Three bad cars ?.”

Written on: 02/07/2016 by AverieMcGrath (1 review written)

I bought a Peugeot 206 from the Castle Donington site in 2006......and after a month or so, found a massive pool of water under the back seat. I kept that for six years, before going to them again in 2011, as I spotted a Peugeot 207 GT THP150. In the following few months, I found out one locking bolt was damaged, and a wheel couldn't be removed (total cost £109 to replace), it needed a new timing chain (£550), new clutch (£450)....and new spark plugs (£44). On going to change the air… Read Full Review

“Absolutely awful. Avoid like the plague.”

Written on: 27/06/2016 by Nicolas131 (1 review written)

Terrible service. Phoned Leeds branch to arrange an appointment to view a car the next day. When I turned up, they could not find my appointment. Then they struggled to find the car. Then after I informed them that was not happy about wasting half a days holiday and a lot of fuel travveling up to leeds, they then agreed to transport the car to cannock as it was closer to where I live. When I left the branch I was then phoned by cannock branch who informed me that the car was sold the day… Read Full Review

“Awful service, no aftercare! - I would never use...”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by Leslie199 (1 review written)

Unfortunately I hit a pothole which resulted in a destroyed tyre and bent alloy wheel. I went to change to the tyre and put the spare wheel on but to my shock I had not been supplied with a car jack or locking wheel nut! After taking this up with Available car the only response I got was that it was not there problem! After telephoning the branch and getting nowhere I visited in person to try again. They have since offered to provide me with a car jack but will not provide me with a locking… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2016

Dear Leslie199 – We are sorry to hear that a pothole has caused damage to your alloy wheel and that your tyre needed to be replaced. Unfortunately your comments do not tell us what car you purchased, when or from which Available Car branch.

Locking wheel nuts are supplied and signed for at the time of collection, we check all items are present prior to collection and we ask for our “check sheet” to be signed by each customer, to confirm they are happy with the car and have received any relevant items. Without knowing what car you purchased, it is hard to comment on a “Jack”, not all cars are supplied with jacks, due to the popularity of supplying “tyre weld and an air compressor kits” instead. If no locking nut was available, we are surprised your breakdown company didn’t offer to remove the locking wheel bolts for you?

Available Car Ltd have NEVER sold CAT C or D (insurance written off) cars as your “breakdown company” claim. This is a completely false accusation and one that we will refer to our legal team. We will require your contact details and the name of the company who have made this outrageous accusation, when we have the details we will contact them directly.

Due to the accusation written in this review, we request that you please contact Available Car Ltd, Head Office, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when you ring us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Would never buy again ”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by KadynJones (1 review written)

Bought my car from available car Sutton in Ashfield. I was sold extended warranty. They don't tell you that you need to go to a destinated garage and that you need to pay a dianosis fee that warranty will not pay for. Warranty not worth paper it is written on. When I viewed the car I was aware that it had chips over it and was promised that it would be to showroom quality. I asked if the car would rust and I was told no. I have had my car almost two years now and the body work is a complete… Read Full Review

“Unavailable service book and log book.com!”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by LISAROWLEY (1 review written)

Found a car that we liked at Leeds. Paid a deposit as the car was what we wanted plus had a full 5yrs service history which gave us peace of mind. However straight after paying the deposit we were told to call back in before the handover as at the moment they didn't have the log book or service history to tax and insure the car before purchase. To cut a long story short. 4 phone calls and 2 half days off work and none returned plus no log book or service history we cancelled the purchase and… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to LISAROWLEY's Review

Written on: 21/06/2016

Hi,

Firstly we would like to sincerely apologise for the disappointing service you received. It should have been made clear to you from the outset that we were awaiting the V5 document and that this would have an impact on the potential date you would have been able to collect the vehicle. This was a genuine oversight and it highlighted a training issue that we have since resolved. We hope you accept our apology for the inconvenience and disappointment this situation caused you. On behalf of the team at Leeds, we wish you many happy miles of motoring in your new vehicle and that you may consider Available Car in the future.

“Terrible needs to improve and check cars more carefuly ”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by Chrisfordfiestast2 (1 review written)

OK well I bought a Ford fiesta st2 from them all was well until I found an invoice for a performance kit on it under the seat that they never told me about and the break discs was 70% worn. Told them about it fair play to them they fixed it, then after a few month the blue tooth receiver kept falling off the windscreen so I thought I'll take it to ford as it's still under manufacturer warranty, ford then told me the windscreen wasn't bonded correctly, OK ring available car and fair play again… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Chrisfordfiestast2's Review

Written on: 15/06/2016

Dear Chrisfordfiestast2 – We are sorry to hear that it has been necessary to contacted us on a couple of occasions since collection your Ford Fiesta ST2 from us, however we are really pleased that our team have managed to resolve any issues you have encountered.

Unfortunately your comments do not tell us when you purchased the car, or from which Available Car branch? We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We always hope every car that leaves us, provides happy and trouble free motoring for the new owner, although from time to time, we accept that is not always the case.

Let’s hope you have no need to have any further work/repairs carried out, other than regular service and maintenance issues. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“Ripp off ”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by 472Adair (1 review written)

Terrible service, lots of hidden extras! Do not waste ur time n money with these people!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear 472Adair – Strange comment, is it meant for us?

Available Car Ltd no not and never have charged any of our customers “hidden extras” or any “fees” when buying a car from us. We advertise all of our cars for sale, at a transaction price, therefore every customer knows exactly how much any “Available Car” car costs to purchase, without negotiation or haggling!

Should you have visited us and believe you have received “terrible service” we would be more than happy to discuss your visit and find out why you are so unhappy?

Unfortunately without knowing who you are, which site you visited and when, we do need to rely on you contacting us, please feel free to do so, and please mention your “review” on the Review Centre.

We would not expect anyone to “waste your time and money”, when visiting us, that’s why we operate on fixed prices, no hidden fees and “World Class Customer Service”.

We hope to welcome you to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“After Sales”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by AndyNotts (1 review written)

I purchased a car 9 weeks ago that decided to fail on me. It had just gone over the 3000 mile warranty limit because of an unexpected trip to Scotland. Unfortunately after looking up the finer details of the warranty I realised I wasn't't covered as I was over the mileage limit despite being within the 3 month warranty. Despite this they didn't hesitate to help me. They arranged free recovery home of my vehicle within the hour, and then free transport to Castle Donington the next day where they… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to AndyNotts's Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear AndyNotts – Thank you so much for your positive and appreciative response to your recent purchase and aftersales visit at our Castle Donington branch.

Customer service is really important to us and we are delighted to hear how happy you are with the service you received from us. We like your “cars break down – it happens” comment, not everyone appreciates that and they often feel we are to blame, if a breakdown happens to them? We will always do our best to help.

We will ensure your kind comments are shared with everyone who looked after you, they too will be really pleased to hear about your “5 Star” comment. Regards the Available Car team.

“Unavailable car.com”

Written on: 31/05/2016 by KatelynnHenry (1 review written)

Father and husband both phoned to check if a car we wanted was available. We were told yes come and see it. So we take an hour journey with our two year old daughter to go and look at it. Was told by reception where the car should be but when we looked couldn't find it. We then asked a member of staff where the car was to be told she didn't even know if it was there and then told someone else was looking at it we should of reserved it. We explained that we were not told this and had done an… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear KatelynnHenry – We are really sorry to hear that your recent visit to us did not result in you purchasing an “Available Car”.

We sincerely apologise that the offer to “Reserve” the car you wanted to buy, prior to your visit was not offered. We are conscious that should a customer express a genuine interest in purchasing a car from us, we should offer the option to place a deposit on the car, therefore the car is reserved from sale, it appears this was not offered during your calls to us. We will address this with our team of Customer Helpers, please accept our apologises.

With the choice and selection of cars we have available, we do operate on a “first come, first served basis”, for this reason, and due to our error of not offering you the option to pay a deposit, prior to your visit, other customers will/are able to express interest in the car, test drive and buy.

If we can help you in your search for a new car, we’d value the opportunity to do so. Please feel free to contact us directly for any further help. Regards the Available Car team.

“Antara”

Written on: 23/05/2016

Contacted Available Car about Antara that had arrived to themselves, but not on show yet ,The young man at Rainbows (who was very helpful)said he could arrange the car to come over to main sales at Cannock for us to test drive. We went to the car sales ,who are all very friendly staff,We took the car for a test drive and fell in love with it ,we dealt with a young man who had only been with them a few weeks ,but was very knowledgeable,of the car and extra products you could Purchase.For… Read Full Review

“Broken Promises”

Written on: 16/05/2016 by Turner436 (1 review written)

Three thing they promised to do weren't done when I went to pick up the car. Don't trust the sales people… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear Turner436 – If this is a genuine comment, please contact your supplying Available Car Ltd branch, as soon as possible. This comment is vague, so we do not know who it is from, what it is regarding or where your car was purchased.

Trust is very important to us, if we’ve “promised” to do something (or three things), we too would expect them to have been done?

Please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Very poor customer service ”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by Underwood260 (1 review written)

Advised by available car have a diagnostic check by Vauxhall who then did remedial work and available car won't recompense work carried (not even as a goodwill gesture) because they say the correct process was not followed How bad is that?… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/05/2016

Dear Underwood260 – We are sorry to read that you feel you have received “very poor customer service” from Available Car Ltd?

Unfortunately your comments are quite vague, we do not know what car you purchased, when and from which Available Car branch or why your car required a “diagnostic check by Vauxhall”?

Should any “aftersales” assistance be required whilst under our guarantee, we do insist that the car is returned to us, to have any work completed, as we do not pay any third party repairs.

If you require any help or assistance with your car, please contact Available Car Ltd so we can arrange a visit under guarantee.

Should you wish to discuss your experience, we would be happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying Available Car Ltd branch at your earliest convenience, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when you contact us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Really good service after a poor initial start!”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by vidge02 (1 review written)

I'll start with the good: The sales team at Sutton in Ashfield do not pressure you at all and will let you test drive any car in the showroom without trying to force you into buying. If you want to just walk around and look then it's no problem. I found the car I liked and they gave me a part-ex price for my old car which I was happy with. Arranged a day after work for me to collect the car and their handover team sorted all the paperwork for me there and then, leaving me to just send off the… Read Full Review

“Warranty not worth the paper it's written on”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by Wyattec1965 (1 review written)

Hi, we purchased a car back in 2013. The car had 5000 on the clock we took out the five year warranty because that was the term of the loan. However a few months ago the car developed a gearbox problem to cut a long story short the car needs a new gearbox and clutch at the cost of £3500, the mileage is only 35000. Anyway the insurance company is refusing to pay out claiming its wear and tear. Everytime I contact available car nobody contacts me back. Am currently in contact with my lawyers… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Hi – Thanks for the comment regarding the car you purchased from us approximately 3 years ago. Unfortunately your “review” doesn’t tell us what car was purchased, how old the cars is, when it was purchased or from which Available Car branch?

The extended warranty policy that you refer to, will have been for a maximum of 36 months (3 years), we have never offered a 5 year extended warranty?

Should your claim be covered by the extended warranty, the policy will cover the cost of the repair, however if the repair is due to “wear” it will not be covered by a policy that covers for “sudden mechanical failure”.

We do not appreciate your “cowboy” comment, we supply thousands of cars, every year, throughout the UK (and beyond), it is not fair to own a car for 3years/30,000 miles and then call the supplier “cowboys” claiming they are in some way at fault for your repair?

The cost you have quoted does sound expensive, we would recommend looking at alternative quotes and possibly an alternative repairer depending on the nature of your parts failure/replacement.

Should you want to discuss this with us, we are more than happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying Available Car branch and mention your “Review Centre” comment. Regards the Available Car team.

“Incompetent, unprofessional and rude ”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by Rossu399 (1 review written)

We visited available car due to knowing it had just opened this year and passing it everyday (although barely see anyone drive away with a car). Yes they have a lot of cars. However many are overpriced for age/mileage of each car. Nevertheless after spending a good while there found a car that was just outside the price range we wanted but would have stretched too with everything we were looking for. We went back to our salesman who said they did not have that car on their system for that… Read Full Review

Dear Rossu399

We were sorry to read about your experience when you visited our new store in Leeds. Firstly we would like to apologise for the incorrect price board being in the vehicle. Being a new store with new staff is not an excuse for errors, however it was a genuine error made by a member of our new team. The price board was showing the vehicle price excluding the VAT. The vehicle had never been advertised at that price. It was advertised on our website at the correct price and also in the stocklist we produce for customers it was listed at the correct price. This was a genuine error and when you made us aware of our mistake we tried to remedy the situation by offering you a goodwill discount should you have decided to test drive and possibly purchase the vehicle.

We are sorry we were unable to come to an amicable solution to this situation and it soured your opinion of Available Car as this was never our intention.

Regards the Available Car team

“Wasted journey to Castle Donnington”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by vaughan53 (1 review written)

I saw a white 2013 Toyota Aygo advertised on Autotrader at Available Car at Castle Donnington site for £3600 and rang up today to check it was still available and was told it was so I arranged an appointment to view at 4.30pm, I drove the 45 miles to get there to be told it's £5999 and theres nothing we can do their salesperson told me so drove back 45 miles very angry and disappointed. I won't be going there again… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to vaughan53's Review

Written on: 15/04/2016

Hi – We are sorry that your recent visit to us was not successful. We fully appreciate how disappointed you will have been having travelled to view a car that was incorrectly priced on a third party website.

Having listened to the telephone call, we accept that we should have confirmed the price with you before you came to see us, however with this being the only White, Automatic Toyota Aygo in stock at Castle Donington, our Customer Helper confirmed the car was available to be viewed, test driven and purchased but no conversation was had regarding price, we will address this within our team training to prevent any possible reoccurrence.

The car was advertised on availablecar and was priced correctly in our stocklist and onsite at Castle Donington.

Please accept our apologises for any misunderstanding on our behalf, we would not intend to upset any potential customer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

Vaughan53's reply to Available Car's Comment

How about some compensation for the fuel wasted in coming to your site

Vaughan53's reply to Available Car's Comment

How about some compensation for the fuel wasted in coming to your site

“Great after sales ”

Written on: 25/03/2016 by Stokes34 (1 review written)

I bought a ca from the castle donnington branch. The sales team were helpful although a bit pushy on trying to sell me the expensive warranty. After I had the car for a week I found a few problems with it and got in touch with the after sales team who were super. They gave me a courtesy car while mine was sorted out and phoned me with updates. When I picked my car up they had washed it. Excellent service by all of them… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Dear Stokes34 – Thank you for your kind comments regarding your Aftersales visit at Available Car Ltd - Castle Donington, they are very much appreciated.

We are delighted that you were pleased and will ensure that your positive comments are shared with the Aftersales Team and our Workshop. Regards The Available Car team.

“No negotiation or incentive to buy.”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by Corinney167 (1 review written)

Low part exchange price. The price of the car is the price. No negotiation. Waste of time. People expect to haggle. Won't be going back or recommending Available Cars… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Hi – We are disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your shopping experience at Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately without knowing who you are, which branch you visited or when we cannot offer a personalised response.

Every part exchange car is valued accurately onsite at each of our 4 branches, our part exchange prices are realistic values, not low. Our screen price is a transaction price so that our customers know how much it is going to cost to buy, without haggle or negotiation. We offer our cars at the best price possible to every customer that visits us, this is to make sure there is no preferential treatment. Just the same price for everyone.

Every Available Car has our Price Promise, so no need to waste your time on haggling or negotiating, you can simply See, Test Drive and Buy.

Shopping for a car with Available Car is an easy process, everything is fixed, and we are proud of that. We encourage everyone to come and shop with us with fixed price used cars at the best possible price or we’ll refund the difference! Regards The Available Car Team.

Written on: 06/04/2016

“Don't get fooled ”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by charlotte411 (1 review written)

Went to look at a car in Sutton-in-Ashfield we were looking for a Ford Galaxy. First of all the prices are way to high to say they not a Ford Dealers very overpriced. Then as we discussed the Part exchange of our vehicle they came back with the lowest part exchange price we ever had. Before this visit we had been to 3 more independent dealers who had all quoted us £12,000 however, Available car had told us that our car was only worth £11,000? Little did the sales guy know that my husband was… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to charlotte411's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

We are sorry your visit to Available Car did not meet with your expectations. We have tried to contact you by telephone to discuss your visit but have been unable to make contact. If you could make contact with our Sutton in Ashfield branch we would be more than happy to discuss with you.

“So Helpful and Kind!!”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by VictoriaD89 (1 review written)

Iv been needing to get a new car for a fair while now and my dream car has ALWAYS been a Mini....thanks to Available Car at Sutton in Ashfield my dream has come true and I'm now driving a Mini Cooper S!! After finding one on there website one late afternoon, I rang straight away and spoke to a very helpful bloke who went through the part exchange with me then said someone would ring me back shortly, which they did within half hour, went through the finance questions and then the following day… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to VictoriaD89's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Thanks for your kind words with regard to your experience of buying a car through Available Car. We will pass on your feedback to all our team that looked after you. We wish you many happy miles in your Mini Cooper. Kind regards the Available Car team.

Available Car's Response to VictoriaD89's Review