AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Faultless ”

Written on: 29/05/2015 by Forrest110 (1 review written)

Well I'm sure a lot of people just moan for nothing! We've just brought a lovely kuga from there Cannock site. From start to finish the staff were great. Not pushy on anything. Have had the car for 1week and have got two issues with it so I phoned them up and it's booked in to be sorted, I will definitely be returning ;)… Read Full Review

“Warning !!!!”

Written on: 28/05/2015 by trickytrees70 (1 review written)

I have just been pulled over by the police who have informed me my car is not taxed. I brought this car from available castle donnington and I know that it was agreed to come with 12 months tax and mot. I am now facing a court case and hefty fine. I have informed available and they say no cars come with tax. I have read up on tax issues and the DVLA clearly state that under no circumstances is a car allowed to driven with no tax.... so why are available allowing customers to drive away ? Oh the… Read Full Review

“Be Warned”

Written on: 07/05/2015 by Barnett185 (1 review written)

Slick sales operation - Appalling after sales operation (as in NOT INTERESTED). Would i recommend them to friend? - Absolutely NOT Buyer beware, you have been warned… Read Full Review

“Stack 'em high and sell 'em low”

Written on: 02/05/2015 by 47West (1 review written)

I found a car on their website and arranged to have it transferred to my nearest site - all was well. A date was booked to arrange a test drive an purchase the car. The buying process was very rushed, all they wanted was the money and for me to leave. I insisted on detailed visual inspection of the paintwork etc which didnt go down very well as I 'can do this once the paperwork has been signed'. What customer would actually make a significant purchase before inspecting the goods?! Once the… Read Full Review

“I think they need to look up customer service and honesty ”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by Moriah392 (1 review written)

Bought a car from the Castle Donnington branch and all I can say is never again! Test drove a car decided to purchase but there was light on the dashboard I was assured that this would be sorted when I picked it up as it was getting an MOT.... Wrong Warning light still on car (didn't realise until on motorway) hadn't been washed or valeted and they couldn't care less. They had released the car without testing the tyre pressure which should be a basic check, when I checked them one was massively… Read Full Review

“Super Car Supermarket”

Written on: 26/04/2015 by MrsRedgate (1 review written)

My husband and I bought a Volkswagon Tiguan from Available Car in Cannock. It developed a problem (as any car can)!! At the time we weren't sure if the fault was small or large but at no point did any member of staff that we spoke to try and pass off the problem as ours. Available Car agreed to diagnose the fault and once they had diagnosed the problem, agreed to fix it free of charge. We delivered it to our nearest Available Car (which wasn't the branch we had bought it from)on the… Read Full Review

“Service? I don't think so”

Written on: 23/04/2015 by si_pi (1 review written)

I was about to buy a lovely Silver RCZ from the Sutton branch. Test drove about a month ago and went back this weekend to get more detail on service history, etc. As the branch had it for some time, and the 20000 service is due in 2 months, they agreed to do a 'service'. Good job i asked what kind of service this is. 'It's an oil and filter change' they advised. 'This isn't a full service' was my response. After much to-ing and fro-ing they agreed that it wont be a full service as only cas that… Read Full Review

“Sold a faulty car!! ”

Written on: 22/04/2015

Me and my husband bought a fiesta zetec from Sutton in Ashfield less than a week ago. The brake discs have grooves in them as there are no break pads which is causing the brakes to squeak. The tracking is out and when driving in a straight line I have to hold the steering wheel to the right. The clutch is heavy and stiff. The brake starts to work half way down, gears grind when going into 2nd, the rubber on the tyres has worn off and only been glued down. Underneath the car is disgusting… Read Full Review

“Superb experience!”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by Urki (1 review written)

Castle Donington branch is absolutely faultless!! Having trawled similar sized competitors in the Burton area I was despondent...hating our car buying experience. CARL Carlisle and his team put paid to that...thank you for your professional and good humoured service. Efficient teamwork...you read this customer well and provided a very fair and value for money deal. Thank you. … Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Urki's Review

Written on: 24/04/2015

Dear Urki – Thank you so much for your fantastic comments about your recent experience whilst shopping at Available Car (Castle Donington). We love it when good service is recognised and appreciated.

We will ensure Carl and his team receive the credit they deserve for your kind comments, and thank you again for taking the time to write such an outstanding review about them and the Available Car Team. We hope you enjoy your new purchase!!

Regards The Available Car Team.

“Worst car buying experience ever”

Written on: 13/04/2015 by German220 (1 review written)

Bought a car eventually - had to talk to three separate salesman as kept getting passed around and put back in the waiting area. Car wasn't ready on the day of collection - they phoned on the morning to say it would be another 4 days - had to switch all my insurance back again. Then they rang up the same evening to ask why I hadn't collected it....I then went to collect at allotted time four days later and it took 21/2 hours to collect it - again passed between 3 people with a lot of time spent… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2015

Dear Chiefexec/German220 – Thank you for your two very similar reviews, left in two separate names. We feel it is only fair that we defend your claims about your shopping experience and give our side of events.

When shopping with Available Car, we have a team of customer helpers who are employed to assist our customers when they are interested in buying a car. Our helpers will answer questions, arrange test drives and appraise a part exchange (where applicable) . Our helpers are not employed to “sell” to our customers, but to help them.

Once our customer has chosen their car of interest, one of our Customer Service Managers will then take over and explain the history of the car, number of previous owners, service history and answer any remaining questions, to allow our customer to make an informed buying choice. Once a decision is made, our Customer Service Manager will complete the used car order and necessary paperwork, before arranging a collection date. For this reason, it is not uncommon to deal with more than one member of staff, our intention is to be able to provide excellent customer service, not to pass customers “from pillar to post”.

The car that you refer too is a Mercedes-Benz B B180 1.5 CDI Sport 5dr Automatic, the mileage at the time of sale was approximately 5,400 miles. Unfortunately it was necessary to delay your original collection, due to a leak being noticed whilst preparing the car for you. The car was returned to Mercedes-Benz for the work to be completed under the manufactures warranty.

We apologise for calling you after the collection had been delayed, that was an error on our behalf, unfortunately our team had reallocated a “new” collection for you, but had not cancelled the original. Once again we apologise for this, it is not common practice.

On the day of collection (Monday 13th April) we were challenged with the “Available Car Price Promise”, we like price challenges, we offer a price promise so we can ensure our customers pay the cheapest price possible for the car they are purchasing from us. Our price promise is very clear, please see http://www.availablecar.com/WhyAvailableCar/PricePromise. Our price promise lasts for 7 days from vehicle order, we were challenged during the handover appointment, on day 7 of the 7 day price promise.

We do feel it is only fair to say that the collection took longer than usual due to carrying out price matches, against three other Mercedes-Benz B180 during the Handover appointment. The collection was not delayed by us, the car was ready, the paperwork was ready and we normally expect a collection to take approximately 20-30 minutes. Had the price challenge been disclosed before the collection appointment, there would not have been any delay.
When collecting a car from Available Car, you would normally deal with one member of staff, due to the price challenges, it was necessary to get more people involved. We did this in an attempt to speed up your collection, rather than leaving it for one person to do. We are sorry you had to deal with different people, for this we apologise.

We agree that the price of our car was not “cheaper” than the cars you had found for sale elsewhere, however the car you have bought from us, has over £3000 of extra equipment fitted, for this reason the cars were not “Identical” as you claim in your review, but similar, with a lower specification. For this reason the price challenge was declined by us. We do ask that cars must be “Equal” to qualify for our “Price Promise”, these cars were not.

We are very sorry to read that the “Price Promise” prevented collecting your car from being a “Joyful experience”, we have not done anything wrong, had the cars you had selected been the same as the one you bought, we would have matched the price. Had that have been the case, we are sure you review would have been very different (if written at all?).

Having checked our records and our security log, the collection appointment was made for 14.30pm. Having investigated all price challenges, we completed the collection and took payment at 15.50pm and you drove away in your new car at 16.00pm.

If you have any further questions regarding your order or collection, please feel free to contact us directly, we are always happy to help. May we take the opportunity to thank you for your business and wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring. Regards The Available Car Team.

“So glad read reviews!”

Written on: 12/04/2015

Hi to everyone who posted reviews, just come into 10k was going to drive down to one of the branches to buy an Audi BUT i am so glad I read all the reviews, this company sounds terrible, good luck to all peeps who have bought from these clowns x… Read Full Review

Abby17's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2015

Jesus!! I've just read about 70 reviews, and I can't read any more. I have never read anything like it in my life, all those poor people, so many problems with the cars, soooo glad read them before going to buy a car. Never seen so many bad reviews for a company

Written on: 16/04/2015

Hi – To read accurate customer reviews of Available Car Ltd, please visit our site.

Do not be deterred by people who “review” us, regardless of if they have visited/purchased from us or not.

We could upload hundreds of “Outstanding” reviews every week, like other companies do, but we don’t, because we don’t need to. We encourage customers to visit us, see for themselves and make up their own mind. You too should visit us.

We are proud to offer outstanding value for money and “World Class Service”. Regards The Available Car Team.

Written on: 16/04/2015

Available Car Ltd is not a “Terrible Company” and nor are we “Clowns”. Should you wish to visit any or all of our Available Car branches, you will be able to see for yourself and make up your own mind what Available Car is all about.

We retail over 20,000 cars per year, we are a one stop shop with hundreds of cars available to be seen, test driven and bought. Available Car are proud of the way we prepare our cars and we will always treat every customer fairly.

We believe that every customer should visit Available Car, we offer quality used cars, at the best possible prices. Regards The Available Car Team.

Abby17's Comment

Written on: 18/04/2015

Rubbish, 123 bad reviews is 123 too many, not one car should have left your garage without being 100% and it seems most of your reviewers state that vehicles had problems. Anyway I couldn't care less about you idiots, I bought myself a fantastic Audi .

“Totally positive experience”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by MaryandMike (1 review written)

Have just bought our second car from Available Car. Every aspect of our search and purchase a pleasure and very efficient including having a car brought from another site. Particularly valued being given space to discuss our choice in private and once having made a decision the admin was dealt with quickly and professionally. On collection day we were contacted by phone to check that we had all the right paperwork. The day after collection we discovered that the front fog lamps were not… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to MaryandMike's Review

Written on: 02/04/2015

Dear MaryandMike – Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent purchase at Available Car Ltd. We are delighted that you enjoyed purchasing your car from us.

Your kind words will be shared with our whole team, customer satisfaction really is important to us! We hope to do business with you again in the future as we would love to supply another “Available Car” for you! Regards The Available Car Team.

“Discusting time wasters ”

Written on: 13/03/2015 by Ryanreview098 (1 review written)

Went in for a look around and quickly found a Car we liked , I then went and got a loan from the bank to buy the car only to have a phone call the next day to say that they wanted an extra £650 for the car leaving me with a loan I no longer need and a deposit I had too fight for. Reported to trading standards. Disgusting… Read Full Review

Ryanreview098's Response to Ryanreview098's Review

Written on: 13/03/2015

Cannock available car

Available Car's Response to Ryanreview098's Review

Written on: 02/04/2015

We apologise you arranged a loan and then were unable to complete the purchase of the car you ordered.

We originally valued your part exchange at £1250 as when asked “to your knowledge has your car ever had major accident damage”, you advised it had not. Regrettably when we carried out an HPI check on your car it showed that on the 7th June 2010 it was a “Category C insurance loss. Vehicle extensively damaged but repairable, insurer decided not to repair” which reduced its value by £600 as few people are happy to drive such cars. The HPI also stated that VOSA had added a note to your V5 registration document stating it was “substantially repaired and/or accident damaged” so you should have been aware of this.

The owners of such vehicles should advise any prospective buyers about this previous accident damage, especially when asked.

Available Car do not withhold customer’s deposits and if they do not proceed with an order then any deposit paid is refundable. We did not make you “fight for” the deposit and refunded it back to your card whilst on the phone advising you of the valuation.

Please accept our apologies and explanation of this situation. Should you have the funds available or you see a car that is affordable please contact us and we will prioritise this car for you.

“Avoid these guys”

Written on: 09/03/2015 by Chingados (1 review written)

I purchased a my new car from the Cannock site which promptly broke down 3 weeks after purchase. Their response was get it back to us and we'll take a look other than that we are not prepared to move a finger. Living 100 miles from the site means this would cost a fortune to recover it down there to have their faulty car look at. Thanks for nothing Available Cars… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Chingados's Review

Written on: 02/04/2015

We would like to apologise on behalf of the staff at Available Car Cannock for your experience. The car had a 77 point inspection and service prior to delivery, ensuring it is free from faults when delivered. We regret we could not anticipate your 2013 Chevrolet Cruze developing a fault just over a month after collection. The car is covered by the balance of Manufactures Warranty and a 3 month/3000 mile Available Car Guarantee but neither has recovery included.

Our aftersales team liaised with yourself to get the car recovered to Cannock, at our cost, to have this fault fixed. We would advise all car owners to have themselves a level of roadside assistance in place for unforeseen breakdowns.

“Aftercare service disappointing”

Written on: 19/02/2015 by RickiR (1 review written)

Available Car sold me a dud. A very annoying squeak from the front suspension that manifested in dry weather. Unfortunately I test drove the car in the rain. I returned the car a number of times for repair, each time the car was returned to me with the problem not resolved and with more damage done. Eventually I took the car to a dealer and paid for the correct repair and for the reversal of the damage done by Available Car's mechanics. The car was sold to me with a new Available Car MOT… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to RickiR's Review

Written on: 06/03/2015

Hi – It is unclear from your review what car you purchased, from which Available Car Ltd branch or when?

You have vaguely explained that you reported a “squeak from the front suspension” and that the car was returned to us “a number of times”, you have then said that Available Car did not resolve the squeak, but caused damage to your car? This sequence of events is not familiar to us. We are concerned by the content of your review and the opinion/statement that “the car should never have passed an MOT”.

We would like to discuss this with you in further detail, we feel this is a serious allegation and that is only fair that we have the opportunity to investigate such a claim. Due to the nature of this review and the fact we have no way of knowing who has written this review, we request that you please contact our head office and we will arrange for a member of our team to contact you. Regards The Available Car Team.

“Poor Aftersales Service”

Written on: 17/02/2015 by Anmaglahk (1 review written)

Purchased a car from available car in Castle Donnington and within a week found that the cd player was faulty. After finishing work early to take the car in to be looked at (apparently this must be done at a time convenient to them rather than you) the CD player was removed and sent for repair. I was told that this would take between 2 and 5 days. 2 weeks later I'm still driving round with a hole in the dashboard and have to keep taking it upon myself to chase up the delay as nobody can seem… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Anmaglahk's Review

Written on: 06/03/2015

We are sorry that you had to return your car to us shortly after collection due to a fault with the stereo.

Any issue that is reported to us, is dealt with by us under guarantee. We do ask that the car is returned to us and appointments are available during our workshop opening hours. This is not done in an attempt to inconvenience our customers, but so we can have a Technician available to diagnose or repair a fault.

Upon investigation, a CD was stuck inside the stereo unit, having removed the CD, the fault was still apparent. We removed the unit and sent it for diagnosis with an audio specialist. Following investigation, it was necessary to replace the CD mechanism within the stereo unit. The part was to be supplied direct from the Netherlands, therefore it did delay the unit being repaired and returned to us. If our updates were not frequent enough, we sincerely apologise, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We can assure you that once the unit was repaired and returned to us, on Tuesday 17th February, we arranged to refit the unit the following day.

We have tried to contact you by telephone to apologise for inconvenience and the time delay, whilst parts were being delivered, unfortunately, we were unable to speak to you.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to do business with you again in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by GraceStone (1 review written)

After an initial suggested price we agreed a date and time for me to meet, however on arrival I was left in the car park waiting for a while then the adviser came down and clearly never wanted to be there showing no professional qualities whatsoever. The Birmingham branch should be avoided otherwise I you will be disappointed… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

We are not sure if you have Available Car Supermarket at Cannock confused with a similar sounding company. We do offer valuations over the phone and internet but we have a large 60 seat reception area where customers may sometimes wait to see one of our customer service helpers, no customers would wait in the car park. Despite our best efforts to re-trace your visit we have no record of [name removed] having a car valued or visiting us. Please contact the Cannock Branch Manager to discuss your experience.

“scrupulous sales men”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by ImaniScott (1 review written)

I have never took the time to write a review but feel the need to do this for available car Sutton even though I didn't purchase a car from them. The salesmen at available car have no respect for your credit file and the damage they can cause by selling you a car. I was a little over 2 years into a 4 year loan on my xsara picasso, so when me and the wife had a free weekend we decided to look for new cars at available car, the choice on site was impressive and gave us a few ideas on what we… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your comments about Available Car and your thoughts about the products and services we offer. We appreciate everyone is entitled to form their own conclusions and opinions about our business and the way we conduct our business. If we do make a mistake when dealing with a situation, customer or a vehicle will hold our hands up and admit it and issue an apology and give a detailed account of the circumstances surrounding it. Customer feedback is important for a business and enables us improve our levels of customer service.

However on occasion when called for we will defend our business if we believe the comments made are not a true representation of our business and the products we offer and especially when these comments could damage our business.

In your review you state:
“The salesmen at Available Car have no respect for your credit file and the damage they can cause by selling you a car.”

This is factually untrue and we consider your comments defamatory and slanderous towards our business.

At Available Car we will not advise customers to terminate their agreements as a matter of course, however on occasion we will advise customers of the terms of conditions of their current finance agreement and the legal rights they have as a consumer.

Any regulated Hire Purchase agreement will have a termination clause. This clause states that once the consumer has paid half of the total amount payable on the agreement they can LEGALLY return the goods to the finance provider and as long as the goods have been kept in reasonable condition, then no further payment will be required.

With this being a LEGAL right of the consumer it will therefore not damage a consumer’s credit file. It is a lenders right to decide whether to approve or decline a finance application based on their own lending criteria and information they receive from a credit reference agency.

“Your credit rating should not be affected. ‘Voluntary termination’ of a hire-purchase agreement is your legal right and if you’ve paid at least half of the total amount due and the car is in satisfactory condition then you should be left owing nothing. The lender may add a voluntary termination flag to the record of the credit agreement on your credit report, to explain to other lenders why the agreement was settled early. But as long as you have paid all of your monthly payments on time up to the point you hand the keys back, your credit history should not be damaged by this. Voluntary termination is actually an archaic form of debt relief and is not particularly popular with lenders, but I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that exercising this consumer right in any way damages credit scores”

Source: Experian

At Available Car we take our responsibilities extremely seriously and we take a great deal of care when dealing with customers finance applications and when dealing with our finance partners.

We would also like to draw attention to the claims that customers should be wary of the add-ons. Again this is a statement that is not based on fact and we would like to state the facts.

The Diamond Brite we offer to our customers is a paint and fabric protection product. Diamond Brite exterior treatment protects paintwork, the treatment once applied leaves a hard, high gloss protective shield which prevents caustic atmospheric pollutants from contacting your car’s paintwork. This means you will never need to wax your vehicle again. It does not mean that you will no longer have to clean your car. The interior fabric treatment involves each fibre being coated with an invisible resin based material protecting the fabric against everyday spills and stains. It is important to state that this product comes with a LIFETIME guarantee. So in the unlikely event that a customer should experience a problem with either their paintwork or interior treatment then Diamond Brite would rectify the problem free of charge. There are very few products on either the domestic or commercial market where companies are prepared to offer their customers a lifetime guarantee.

We hope this clarifies your understanding of the termination clause within a hire purchase agreement and the Diamond Brite treatment we offer our customers.

If you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Management Team at Sutton-In-Ashfield.

“Very Poor Aftersales”

Written on: 20/01/2015 by Sparks425 (1 review written)

Poor after sales at Cannock Branch. Sold us a car that they knew had an annoying noise and that Vauxhall call a characteristic. Told us they would have the car back minus £2000 on a part ex. needless to say I wouldn't buy a car from here again. I would only use this place to walk around to look at cars and then go and buy elsewhere… Read Full Review

Dear Sparks425

Despite our best efforts to re-trace your purchase so we can look into your experience, we can only find one experience that sounds similar. The car in question was a 4 year old Vauxhall Zafira 1.7 cdti, that our records show was booked in for an “intermittent whirring noise at lower speeds, no warning lights or performance issues” in May 2014.

The noise in question was identified by our workshop manager as a Vauxhall recognised characteristic of that engine and we offered to book the car in at a Vauxhall Main Dealer to reassure the customer, which they declined. The customer asked for a part exchange, and being free from faults, the then current market value at that time was £1500 less than it was purchased for and took into account various factors such as; market price, condition, extra ownership and mileage.

“Poor Aftercare”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by Jacob1980 (1 review written)

They were good when it came to selling the car, however offer very pop aftercare for any problems. Would not go back or recommend. … Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2015

Hi – It is unclear from your review what car you have purchased, when or from which Available Car Ltd branch? We are pleased to hear that you were happy with our service when buying a car from us, customer service is very important to us.

Unfortunately we are unaware of what problem you have experienced with the car you purchased from us? Every car is supplied with a 3 month/3000 mile Available Car Guarantee, should our assistance be required, we ask that the supplying branch is contacted, so we can arrange an appointment to inspect the car. We also offer the option to purchase extended mechanical breakdown cover, for up to 3 years. Therefore if your Available Car Guarantee has expired and you have purchased the extended cover, your “problem” may be covered?

You have commented about “poor aftercare”? We do not understand this comment, if any repair is necessary during our guarantee, we are perfectly happy to help.

If you would like any help or advice, we are happy to assist. Please contact us directly by telephone or email.

Regards The Available Car Team.