AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Price promise - joke”

Written on: 07/02/2016

Do not take any notice of this company's Price Promise - its a joke! It would be interesting to see the stats re: what % of customers invoking the promise actually get a refund! It's designed in such a way that it's virtually impossible for available car to pay unless you were to find the exact same car - and I mean the exact same! I contacted the sales person who sold me my car the very same day and informed him I'd found the same vehicle for almost £1k cheaper - the only difference being… Read Full Review

“Do not use available car”

Written on: 02/02/2016

About 10 months ago I purchased a car from available car, and im now at a point where I pay 2k+ in repair costs or scrap my car. The faults started at 7 months first the wiper motor burns out, now I have no air bags, no stop start, no emergency fuel cut off and a major engine fault. I appreciate that faults develop with cars but the catalogue of problems for a car I had only done 7000 miles in is atrocious. And this isn't the first time I've been stung but twice with available car my first car… Read Full Review

Stungtwice's Comment

Written on: 03/02/2016

Had my second call from available car today yet again pointless. Not sure what I was expecting but certainly not advice about getting parts from a breakers yard. Unlike them the mechanic I use prides himself on his work and won't use parts that might be damaged he doesn't want me returning with the same problem. The help offered by available car again. buy my car, can't see me getting much back on a car needing lots of work or part exchange. Well my last endeavour into the world of finance with available car ended up me having to pay off the finance in one sum, so I could get rid of it as I sunk hundreds into a car that managed to fail all but one MOT, it even failed it's first mot with a big list of problems! I've asked available car not to contact me again because it was absolutely pointless. if they didnt intend to help with the nail Ive purchased I would of preferred they didnt get back to me. Yet again appreciate cars breakdown but with 2 cars from them in the first year both with multiple problems damned if I use them again.

Written on: 03/02/2016

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with the car you purchased from us in April 2015.

At the time of purchase we do offer every customer the option to purchase an extended warranty, this is a policy that can pay for unexpected repairs. Our records show, you decided not to purchase any additional cover. Therefore due to the period of time that you have owned the car, the responsibility to pay for the repair, is with the owner, not the supplier.

Your car was not returned to us at any time or for any reason whilst guaranteed by Available Car Ltd. The first time we were contacted was by email, in February 2016, claiming we sell ‘bad cars’. We contacted you to find out what was wrong with your car and to advise that we were unable to repair the car for you given the amount of time passed since you purchased the vehicle. We did advise that your issues may be connected, not separate, it may be worth asking the garage to explore this. This was deemed unhelpful by you during the phone call and we were told “if we were only going to offer advice, don’t bother”.

We do not manipulate “independent reviews” like other companies do.

With the regards to the second comment, we have tried to help and advise on possible solutions to the problem.

Should you wish to discuss this any further, please feel free to contact our Castle Donington branch, when contacting us, please mention your “Review Centre comment”. Regards The Available Car team.

Stungtwice's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

In my case I have been sold a bad car twice. As to the warranty I was on a budget and could not afford the extra amount on cover. But that's why I went with available car I thought it was a reputable dealership I didn't realise I would be spending £2000 on repair costs 11 months later. As to the warranty I emailed the warranty company they have yet to reply to me if the multiair is even covered.

As to your comment about manipulating independent reviews why even mention this because I didn't. And about me "mentioning my comment" if I contact you. why? would I treated differently if I did so?

Regards Stungtwice

“Hassle Free Car Purchase...Top After market service”

Written on: 29/01/2016 by Brits123 (1 review written)

Sorry this review is a bit late...but just had to tell you about my very very positive experience purchasing a car from Available Car Cannock So I knew what car I was after, searched Available Cars website found the car I wanted at there Cannock branch, then it was this simple Phoned to book test drive...turned up was given time to look over the car...I'm an engineer in the automotive industry, so went over it with a fine tooth comb, went back into showroom to meet the lady who arranged test… Read Full Review

“Not impressed with service or quality of car.”

Written on: 28/01/2016

I had my new car for about 6 months and overall not happy! When buying our new car we decided not to go ahead with extended warranty because we thought the car would be soled by available car in exceptional quality but we was wrong. Firstly the coolant ran out the next day then the windscreen wash then we noticed it had a slow puncture one brake light blown! And I have to say the feel of the car is shocking! I payed over 7k with interest on our new car but sounds like a bag of nails when… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/01/2016

Thanks for taking the time to “review” Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately your comments do not tell us which branch you purchased your vehicle from, when or if you currently have a problem with the car you purchased?

We are sorry to hear that you had problems after collection, did you report these issues to Available Car, if so, were they rectified?

Treating customers fairly is very important to us. We are happy to help/advice our customers wherever possible, should you need any assistance, or if you would like to discuss your purchase, please feel free to contact your supplying branch (or ring Castle Donington). Please mention this review when contacting us. We hope you will use us again in the future. Regards The Available Car Team.

Written on: 29/01/2016

“Amazing Service from top staff.”

Written on: 02/01/2016 by Alan.Willetts (1 review written)

I've have a great experience with a Honda Civic I purchased from Available Car Cannock. Lots of very tidy cars in price range, helpful and very professional sales staff. The sales team don't tell you just what you want to hear, there very honest and to the point. The Car had a few very minor issues that I pointed out not expecting them to be addressed when I collected the car, on collection I'm pleased to say they had sorted the issues. All in all I really could not have been happier with… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Alan.Willetts's Review

Written on: 05/01/2016

Hello, thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on being honest and resolving any problems that may arise with your new vehicle, we are very pleased you were so happy with the service and look forward to seeing you again. Regards the Available Car Team.

“Just After your money”

Written on: 28/12/2015 by CaelMcDaniel245 (1 review written)

bought a 63 plate VW from then, agreed the price of my PX which was what I was after-picking the vehicle on the day was a joke. Arrived at my agreed time and had to wait 20mins told the person doing the hand over was busy. Went into the handover area to find it find it empty void of customers-a very young person did the handover didn't seem to interested me as a customer. If I have problem with the vehicle I will be taking it to a franchised dealer with trained VW technicians who know what they… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/01/2016

Hi – Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent purchase and collection of your “Available Car”. We apologise that you were not happy with the team member that dealt with your collection and for your delay during collection.

Unfortunately the limited details in this review do not tell us what “VW” you purchased, when or from which Available Car branch? We have no record that matches the name used in this “review”?

We feel your comment that Available Car “just want your money” if very unfair. Also the comment that “Having spent 40 years in the motor trade if I had done some of things these people had done I would have been out on my ear”? We would really appreciate your feedback regarding this comment, is it due to your 20 minute wait for collection or something else?

Available Car Ltd are very proud of our team, we value every customer that visits our site, and we treat them fairly, regardless if they buy from us or not. To read such a negative review is upsetting and disappointing for us, however we always strive to improve and should we be contacted, we will ensure that this is addressed with our team – We have hundreds of positive customer comments, all of which can be viewed on our site.

Assuming this is a genuine customer comment, please contact your supplying Available Car branch, we would be more than happy to discuss your “Available Car experience”. Please make reference to your “Review Centre comment” when making contact to us, therefore we can ensure the correct person responds to you.

May we take the opportunity to wish you all the very best with your car and should you require any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

“BUYER BEWARE”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by 304Roach (1 review written)

BUYER BEWARE – never assume with this company, that because you are told by a sales person something about the car, that this is true! You will be asked to sign a disclaimer, and anything you are told is overridden by this disclaimer. So always double check the information yourself as Available Cars’ after service leaves a lot to be desired… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/12/2015

Dear 304Roach - Having read your comment, we assume you have purchased a car from us and have an issue regarding the specification or description of the car.

We use a disclaimer when advertising our cars for sale as we cannot guarantee the accuracy of fitted equipment, including information supplied by third parties. This is used for clarity for our customers, the disclaimer is on our website and on our vehicle order form.

We do expect our customers to view our cars, onsite and with our help, should it be required, ensure their vehicle of choice is suitable for them, has the equipment they 'want' and suits their needs.

We are more than happy to discuss this with you, if you can contact your supplying branch, we look forward to being of assistance. Should you require any help, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

“Genuinely helpful, honest, and friendly”

Written on: 08/12/2015 by JacobGallegos183 (1 review written)

I found a Focus I wanted to buy from them, and after a test drive paid them a deposit. The next day I found a similar car that was my preferred colour at a Ford dealer, but it was over £1000 more expensive. However, to my surprise, the dealer said they'd match AC's price, so I bought it. AC could justifiably have been pretty upset with me, but instead they were thoroughly good-natured about it, and even refunded my deposit, which they certainly didn't have to! I was very impressed by their… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/01/2016

Thank you JacobGallegos183 for your kind words, we strive for great customer service and are very pleased you found a car that was right for you. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you are looking for your next car. Regards the Available Car team.

“Courteous. And professional ”

Written on: 04/11/2015 by Bighally40 (1 review written)

Dropped my recently purchased Vauxhall mokka off tonight for them to take to main dealer tomorrow to have a fault rectified, the gentlemen who dealt with me was extreamly helpful and professional ! Handed me a courtesy car and said will get back to me when mine is ready , hopefully the repair will go smooth . As today has !!!! Well done castle downing ton !… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Bighally40's Review

Written on: 22/01/2016

Dear Bighally40 - Thank you for your kind comments. We always do our best to be polite, helpful, courteous and professional, your recognition is very much appreciated!

We hope to resolve your aftersales visit quickly and efficiently, and we will keep you updated with progress reports from Vauxhall.

May we take the opportunity to thank you for your business and wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring in your Available Car. Regards the Available Car Team.

“absolutely no after service”

Written on: 04/11/2015 by Maxwell101 (1 review written)

Bought a car from the Cannock branch when I came to change the tyre I realised I had not received a locking nut key when I picked up the car. I rang the branch and was called back by the after sales manager who accepted that when you pick your car up you have a thousand and one things to think of and can easily overlook such a small item. He then told me I signed the paperwork it is my problem .He did not attempt to help me find a solution.I would of been prepared to pay for a new set of… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

Dear Maxwell1101, we are very sorry you were left feeling disappointed by our after sales department in relation to your missing locking wheel nut key.

When we first receive a car items such as handbooks, spare keys and locking wheel nut keys are all stored separately from the car until that car is sold. Only after the car is sold do we put these items back in the car and double check all is present and correct. This is checked again by going through a checklist of what is in the car upon collection of the vehicle. This checklist is signed by both a member of Available Car handover staff and the customer collecting.

The after sales manager you spoke to would have found the checklist signed by you and the member of handover staff on the day of collection stating that locking wheel nut key was supplied with the car.

We do regret the problems this has caused, the processes we have in place are designed to prevent this kind of mistake, please accept our apologies that after sales manager did not do more to help in finding a solution to your problem this is something we will be addressing further.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards the Available Car Team.

“Sales and after sale great!!”

Written on: 28/10/2015 by McHughok402 (1 review written)

Thought I'd review after reading some bad ones on here, I've just bought my third car from available car, and every time the sales team went to great lengths to accommodate me, and every car has been absolutely fine, on this occasion a day after buying the car I realised there was quite a deep scratch on the bumper, so I rang the after sales team who on first instance wasn't to happy to repair the scratch which I suppose is only fair as I could of done it, but after getting a call back from the… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/01/2016

Thank you McHughok402 for your kind review. We are very pleased that you are happy with your car and the service we provided. We look forward to seeing you when it’s time for Available Car number four. Kind regards the Available Car Team

“not as they advertise”

Written on: 11/10/2015 by stokegolding (1 review written)

Wasted 2 hours on Sunday at this car hypamarket. Seen a car we liked but compared to other cars the same year and milage was overpriced by about £400. Nevetheless we took it for a test run and was happy with it....that was until they insulted us with the offer on our vehicle that was almost half of what we had been offered elsewhere. They advertise that they price match. However, this was untrue and whenI pointed this out, the salesman was just arrogant and refused to do so. So as I say 2… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to stokegolding's Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

Hi - Thank you for taking the time to comment about your visit to Available Car Ltd. We are sorry to hear that you felt you wasted your time visiting us and that you were unable to complete a price match whilst shopping with us.

If the car you were comparing was a 'price match' we would have adjusted the price immediately.

We make every attempt to make the Price Promise as straight forwards as possible, we have dedicated a full page on our website to ensure our customers are fully aware of what cars qualify for the 'Available Car Price Promise'.

We value any car to part exchange or to 'but for cash', we give a realistic and fair price for any and every car. Unfortunately without knowing what car we valued for you, at which Available Car branch and when you visited us we are unable to offer a personalised response.

Customer service is very important to us, we like good service, not arrogance. Should you wish to discuss our valuation or if you would like any further details fro the car you chose whilst shopping with us, please feel free to contact us.

We hope you will reconsider 'not returning' to Available Car, we offer an outstanding choice and selection of well prepared, well priced, quality used cars and we would value the opportunity to supply your next car.

“Donnington shambles!”

Written on: 04/10/2015 by County1 (1 review written)

I rang the enquiry line in Donnington to enquire whether a car I liked on the Availiable car website was in stock. I was told the car was in stock but was undergoing preparation but was still avaliable to view and test drive. I asked the person who answered the phone (TWICE) to check their systems to make sure the car had not be sold as I was travelling 30 miles to view it. He confirmed again that it had not been sold but would need to locate the car in the prep department. I said that was ok… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to County1's Review

Written on: 22/01/2016

Dear County1 – We sincerely apologise that your initial enquiry was not handled as well as we would have expected it to have been. Had an appointment have been confirmed and an offer made for you to have put a deposit on the car, before your visit, this negative experience could have easily been avoided.

We at Available Car Ltd can assure you, and others that read this apology that this is not how we conduct our business. We are not “too big for our boots” or “complacent”, treating customer fairly and reasonably is really important to us. We have hundreds of positive customer comments that we are very proud of. However, when we do make a mistake, which we did during your enquiry, we will apologise and speak to our Team (training), to avoid the same happening again.

Unfortunately the “Helper” that initially dealt with your enquiry did not offer the option to pay a deposit over the phone before you visited Castle Donington to view/test drive your car of interest. Had this have been offered, you would have had to option to “reserve the car” or “risk it”, hopefully you would have purchased your car of interest, rather than being upset by your visit to us. We can assure you that this was not done intentionally, it was a genuine mistake, by a valued member of our Team.

Since receiving your feedback (via Available Car Ltd email) we have rang and spoken to you and apologised for the inconvenience caused and apologised that the deposit wasn’t offered during your initial phone call to us. As offered, we will do our best to find a suitable replacement car in the hope that we will be able to provide a “Available Car” for you in the near future.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team

“Terrible experience, I really would avoid if possible”

Written on: 14/09/2015 by Rosejv79 (1 review written)

Available car supermarket has a predatory atmosphere, laid out for maximum efficiency, you feel immediately like a throw away commodity when you're inside the building. The staff were generally rude, patronising and go about their business in a very leisurely way. They have coffee machines though which I thought was good, that was until I realised I had to pay for the coffee and hadn't any change. I'm assuming the profits from their coffee must be spent on lawyers to ward off claims of… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/01/2016

Hi, We are sorry to read such a negative review regarding Available Car Ltd. At each of our branches, we present all of our cars in size order and leave them unlocked, this allows visitors to view our cars at their leisure and without any “hassle”.

Available Car Ltd deal with hundreds of customers each week and we retail approximately 20,000 cars per year from our branches. We employ “Helpers” to assist our customers, arrange test drives and “help” you buy an Available Car. This again allows our customers to shop at their leisure, without being pressured to make “buying” decisions. We do not adopt a “rude” or “patronising” approach with our customers. We try to be helpful and friendly, not “leisurely”.

It is true that our on-site vending machines are coin operated. This means that should our customers (or Team) want to purchase a drink, they can do. The vending machines do give change, and the charge for a hot drink is 25p (if you did not want to “pay” for a drink, we’d have happily made you one. If only we had known at the time). The vending machines are installed for customer convenience, they are not installed for “profits”.

We agree that our staff should not “chew gum” whist dealing with customers, this is not common practice and will be addressed internally with our team.

Unfortunately this “review” gives us no idea who has written these comments (assuming they are genuine), when the visit was made, to which branch or if a member of our team did attempt to help you whilst you visited us?

Your derogatory comments regarding the “attitude”, “gender” and “predatory atmosphere” at Available Car are unfair. If this really is a genuine customer review, please may we ask you to contact us directly? Please make reference to your “Review Centre” comment).

We hope to hear from you directly. Regards The Available Car Team

“Unavailablecar.com”

Written on: 09/09/2015 by naHewitt75 (1 review written)

Advert states that every car comes with a second key, over 2 months on we still haven't got a 2nd key. I took a day off work to go to Cannock, they were unable to code the key. I also reported wind noise which a mechanic agreed was down to the wing mirror. Whilst there, they found a fault with the suspension which required a part replacing. I took another day off work to take the vehicle back. I had to call them back to check on progress to find that they needed to order another part and the… Read Full Review

“Excellent service on every purchase”

Written on: 08/09/2015 by Hebby07 (1 review written)

Have just purchased our 4th car from Available, or 1st was from Castle Donington 10 years ago and following 3 from Sutton, (2 in the last 2 months). Each time we've been to Available they have left us to look around all the cars on our own and haven't hassled us or been pushy. Service on each purchase has been excellent, each purchase made easy and all necessary information explained well, along with being given instructions on what we needed to do prior to/on the day of handover (tax… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Hebby07's Review

Written on: 05/01/2016

Thank you very much Hebby07 for your glowing review. We really appreciate your loyalty and try to achieve first class customer service on every visit. We hope to see you soon when you’re ready for Available Car number 5! Regards the Available Car Team.

“Avoid these guys”

Written on: 01/08/2015 by LucasPruitt122 (1 review written)

Couldn't catch a cold to save their lives. They fall all over you in terms of customer service when you are interested in buying a car. Once you have bought the car you get zero customer service. It's simply a case of the sales person getting their commission and the organisation getting their profit. … Read Full Review

“Messed about so much ”

Written on: 31/07/2015 by Aaden164 (1 review written)

So we brought or car about two to three months ago, the car has now been back to Available Car four times with different problems, we are getting fed up and the last time we took it the problem had mr even been fixed!! I would not recommend Available Car to anyone. The only good thug about the place is that they have a play centre for children!… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/08/2015

Hi – We are sorry to hear about your recent “Aftersales visits” to Available Car Ltd, regarding the car you purchased from us.

Unfortunately your comments don’t indicate what car you purchased, from which site, when or what issue(s) you have experienced? If you have any unresolved problems, we really want to rectify them for you.

If you could please contact us directly (please advise if it is regarding the Review Centre comment) we really would appreciate it.

Regards The Available Car Team.

“Donnington clowns. ”

Written on: 26/07/2015 by Kaydend361 (1 review written)

Told them I was coming to view a car at about 6pm. They took my details and confirmed car still available. Drove 40 miles-there within 1.4 hours to be told car sold. Very unimpressed and will never return… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/08/2015

Hi – We are really sorry to hear the car you were interested sold before you got to us.

We apologise that you were not contacted before your arrival, we do, wherever possible contact any customer who has arranged an appointment to view a car, if somebody else has ordered the car before they arrive.

We do offer the option to “Order The Car/Buy” before you arrive, we hope this was offered to you before you set out? With regard to the car selling, once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Available Car Ltd do operate on a “First Come, First Served” basis, as I am sure you will appreciate, we could not withdraw every car from sale that we receive an enquiry for.

We appreciate your disappointment at missing out on the car you wanted and would like the opportunity to supply an “Available Car” for you. If you could supply us with your contact details, or contact us directly (please refer to the Review Centre comment) we will endeavour to find your perfect car.

Regards The Available Car Team.

“womdering if ive made a huge mistake!!”

Written on: 02/07/2015

Took a car for a test drive, the brakes squeaked but i agreed to buy if this was fixed. Went to collect the car on the Monday, on driving home the brakes were still squeaking. I had noticed on the paperwork that a bulb had been replaced on the front lights, when driving that evening it was clear that a wrong bulb had been used as one light was brighter than the other and cars were flashing at me to turn it off! Rang to complain, told to return the car on the Saturday morning and they would sort… Read Full Review

Section75's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2015

First 6months of purchase garages problem. After their first try you can get it repaired any where to be repaired. Sue under small claims court for payment. They will more likely poo them selves and pay well before then.

Written on: 17/08/2015

We are really sorry to hear how upset you are regarding the repair of your car. We have looked at your car for brake noise on a couple of occasions and we were sure we had solved your problem, when we test drove the car, prior to giving back to you, no noise was apparent..

The car that is being reviewed is a 2009 “59” registration Vauxhall Meriva, the approximate mileage was 35,000 miles. Since reading this review, our Showroom Manager has contacted you directly and discussed your concerns. Simon arranged for the car to be booked into our workshop.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, since speaking to you, we have worked on the car and returned it to you. We hope everything was dealt with and completed to your satisfaction?

Should you require any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.