AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Generally good service”

Written on: 29/11/2016

I recently purchased a 17 month old Astra Sports Tourer from the Cannock site. Customer service by the sales staff during g the week could not have been better. Price promise was honoured. No options were taken or really pushed as the car was relatively new. Collection was not such a good experience. I was made to wait. The cleanliness of the car was questionable. In summary price was competitive,sales was good, improvement required for handover as they did have 9 days to prepare… Read Full Review

“Happy overall”

Written on: 25/11/2016 by colinpotter (1 review written)

I bought a car from them in June, The car is great and am very happy with it, The trade in value that i was offered on my old car was very poor, They offered me £250 I decided to sell the car myself just before i went to pick my new car up, Put it on Facebook and it was gone within the hour for double what Available car offered It has just had a full service at the main dealers Vauxhall, And they said the car is in very good condition, So i am happy about that They just found a small split… Read Full Review

“Great at first but soon changed”

Written on: 21/11/2016 by 13Crawford (1 review written)

I am currently in the process of TRYING to purchase my new car from avaliable car in castle donnigton.Saw the car I wanted in Cannock but needed it moving the Castle Donnington so I paid the £100.Both sites were so helpful with this and it happened very quickly. Booked in to view the car - everything went well, the gentleman went through everything with me, details of the car and as it was in preparation what needed doing before they realised it to me.I was happy with everything I was told and… Read Full Review

“Not that good”

Written on: 18/11/2016 by hbLeonard272 (1 review written)

Available car thrive on offering their extra products on top of the car price which may come to over £1000 but if you ask for £100 more for your car they spit their dummy out The staff are young in experienced or even a little kok sure for some reason !?! Lol We got the car we wanted bit of advice shop around for a loan which is incredibly cheaper than available car They are ok good but not as good as they make out… Read Full Review

“Disappointed and angry ”

Written on: 16/11/2016 by Annoyedmommy (1 review written)

In May 2015 we bought a 2008 low mileage Peugeot 308 sport for slightly under £5k cash to use as a family car. We took out the warranty as it was sold to us so well, what a total waste of money that turned out to be! Nothing was covered when things started to go wrong so we ended up cancelling the policy and lost the money we'd paid so far for the "policy'". In just a year and a half we've had to pay for a complete new heating matrix, water pump, 3 coil packs and a new complete rear light… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Annoyedmommy's Review

Written on: 18/11/2016

Dear Annoyedmommy – Sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the Peugeot 308 you purchased from us in May 2015. Unfortunately your comment do not tell us which branch the car was purchased from, so it is difficult to offer a personalised response.

According to the details you have provided, the car was 7 years old at the time of purchase, which was approximately 18 months ago.

With regard to the warranty that was purchased, we are very sorry to hear that the items you claimed for were not covered. The policy covers for sudden mechanical failure of factory fitted components, as per the terms and conditions of the policy.

Every Available Car is fully checked, prepared, maintenance checked and MOT’d (if required), we ensure all cars are in good condition at the time of sale and collection. Should our assistance be required, we are always happy to help or advise, however we cannot be responsible for faults, wear or parts failure indefinitely.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact your supplying branch. Regards the Available Car team.

“Poor customer service and not the cheapest”

Written on: 15/11/2016 by Prima_Interiors (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible customer service. I have used these guys three times and twice they have been appalling. In 2015, I bought a BMW 320d, which was filthy dirty and on collection. My hands literally stuck to the steering wheel and there was residue all over the console. They offered no written apology or goodwill gesture. In 2016, I purchased a Vauxhall Corsa, which, it turns out, had no oil in it. The AA had to be called at 11pm two weeks after purchase as the oil had shut off the engine as… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Prima_Interiors's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Hi – We are sorry to read such unhappy comments regarding your purchases from us. Our Showroom Manager has discussed your concerns with you, a goodwill gesture has been offered and we are arranging to inspect your car. Regards the Available Car team.

Kandyman's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2016

Hi. Incorrect. The £25 vouchers were offered for another mistake you'd made and doesn't relate to the issues I've described above.

To be clear, there was no goodwill gesture offered. I'll send you a recording of the phone call if you'd like? You flat-out refused to give me a goodwill gesture.

Available Car's Response to Prima_Interiors's Review

Written on: 18/11/2016

“Be very careful when buying!”

Written on: 14/11/2016

Disgusted and very disappointed with available car at Castle Donington! We were purchasing a Honda Civic, 1 year old. One of the attractions a 5 year warranty. We reserved the car for 5 days, returned on the Saturday, even discussing the warranty with the salesman. We signed the paperwork and arranged to collect on the Tuesday. Sorted the insurance etc, then with 24 hours to go got a phone call to say the warranty was invalid due to the timing of the service! All we were offered in recompense… Read Full Review

“worthless warranty”

Written on: 16/10/2016 by EllaO'Reilly275 (1 review written)

They are quick to sell add on warranties,had head gasket go star a year,put in claim only to be told it was not covered.Will never buy from them again they did not want to know… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2016

Dear EllaO’Reilly275 – We are sorry to hear that the warranty policy you purchased did not cover your recent claim. Without knowing all of the details it is hard to comment, however the warranty policy is for cover against “Sudden Mechanical Failure”. Should a fault occur due to “wear” or should an item fail that is not be covered by the policy, the warranty will not cover the repair.

If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact us directly, we’d be happy to help or advise wherever possible. Regards the Available Car team.

“Awful”

Written on: 11/10/2016 by Tdb23 (1 review written)

Absolutely awful customer services had nothing but problems since we have had our car from available car in Cannock. Had to ring up 5 times to get a call back for an appointment when we finally got our appointment we waited and hour before we was seen to, then 2 weeks later had to ring again as there were more problems with the car. Communication there is terrible and they do not understand other people have to work as me and my partner have both had to miss 2 days off work as they could not… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Tdb23's Review

Written on: 13/10/2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience as having to make multiple phone calls to arrange an appointment is not acceptable. Depending upon the issue we can arrange for customers vehicles to be dropped off at the sites later in the evening up to 9pm. Please can you contact us with your details so the managers at our Cannock branch can investigate your experience.
Regards the Available Car Team.

Oriental1's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2016

Cannock Customer service manager is an arrogant ***

“Left a deposit for a car ”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by Thomasxg487 (1 review written)

These reviews people left negative are true and accurate because i have experienced it i saw a car today in the autotrader which was a toyota avensis in castle donington today i phoned them up and asked about the toyota they told me the car was available. And said i can have a look at it so any way i traveled 49 miles to view the car when i got there been told the car is in body shop i was really angry i told them but i just phoned you guys up about 2 hours ago u said to me i could view it so… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/10/2016

We are really sorry that we invited you to test drive a car that was under-going preparation and was not able to be driven during your visit. We have approximately 1,500 cars onsite at Castle Donington, but we fully accept that this car should have been checked by a member of our team before you travelled from Birmingham to view/test drive.

We sincerely apologise that we made a mistake, however our “mistake” does not give you the right to claim that we are “very dodgy company” and that our cars “are very dodgy”. Your claims are offensive, when we made a mistake, we apologised to you, having read your “review”, it is you that owes us an apology.

We do not agree with the negative comments that you or others have written, nor do they represent a “true and accurate” description of shopping with Available Car Ltd.

When you arrived at our Castle Donington branch, it was explained that due to the car being inside a building, it was not able to be viewed/driven. Had we have checked the car before your visit, this would have been prevented, this was our mistake. Due to our mistake and the distance you had travelled, we arranged for you to view the car, whilst under-going preparation inside the building.

After viewing the car we offered the option to reserve the car so it was “Sold, to you – Subject To Test Drive”, this was agreed, so a deposit was taken and the car was withdrawn from sale. At this point, we thought that we had overcome the disappointment of not being able to test drive the car and were pleased that you were happy to order the car (subject to test drive).

I can assure you that every member of our team did try their best to ensure your visit to us was not a wasted one, every attempt was made to make the situation as good as it could possibly be, without being able to drive the car during your visit. Once again, we apologise that we made a mistake before your visit. Should you require any further assistance or should you wish to discuss your recent visit, please contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“Car was sold but they did not tell me”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by unhappy (2 reviews written)

I saw on their website that a car was coming into the Cannock site that was exactly the make and model that I wanted. I chased the car every day until it came in. I was told that I would be first to test drive it and I also went in the day before the car arrived and told them that I wanted the car. The next day the car arrived and I was told that I could test drive the car before it went to the garage to be prepared and we arranged the earliest time they could do. Ten minutes later, I was told… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to unhappy's Review

Written on: 11/10/2016

On behalf of the staff at Available Car Cannock for your recent experience. A customer service manager and the showroom manager have contacted you to offer our sincere apologies. When you first enquired you should have been offered a £100 refundable deposit to reserve the car subject to viewing it. Unfortunately another customer reserved the car with a deposit so we have to honour that sale. The Available Car Buying Team are actively searching the UK to give you the option of an identical or even better value car. We hope we can assist you with the purchase of your new car in the near future.

Unhappy's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2016

Yes you are correct. You were excellent at trying to sort out a solution and I was very impressed with how you handled my complaint.

I did try to delete or edit this post to add an update but was unable to do so. I will try to get the post deleted through admin

“M&S Vouchers what a JOKE”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by badcar.com2016 (1 review written)

I bought a car for myself for £15000 3 months ago, i then took my step son and he bought a car for £10000 a week later. Whilst he was bying the car i told the saleperson that this is the second car we have bought in a week he just ignored me, however i tried to recieve my m&s vouchers for my son and myself 12 weeks later when i had a letter from available car to fill in a survey were it made me realise that i was entitled to the vouchers. However when i tried to recieve the vouchers a… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to badcar.com2016's Review

Written on: 05/10/2016

Hello, we are very sorry that you were unhappy with your experience of Available Car after purchasing yours and your step son’s cars.

We send out a questionnaire and recommend a friend vouchers between one and three months after a customer has collected their car to give them a chance to get a good feel for their new vehicle so they can provide us with feedback, good or bad. Unfortunately this process has meant on this occasion your vouchers have not reached you in time.

If you could please contact the Sutton branch, we would appreciate to opportunity to resolve this problem for you.

Kind regards, the Available Car team.

“Great service and no stress!”

Written on: 02/10/2016

Having been looking for a specific SUV model for some time, and after bad experiences with two main dealers (poor service and aggressive salesmen), we were getting a bit fed up with looking for cars! We had been into Available car a few times to check out the different SUVs before deciding which one to buy and always really appreciated the fact that staff leave you alone unless you need help. So when our ideal car appeared on the website we were really pleased. The car was in Leeds and I rang… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/10/2016

Hello and thank you for the positive comments on your experience at Available Car. It is great to hear that your dealings with us were a smooth and hassle free process. We will make sure all the team that looked after you receive your positive feedback. May we take this opportunity to wish you many happy miles in your new vehicle. Kind regards from the Available Car team.

“Poor After Care”

Written on: 29/09/2016 by yanster57 (1 review written)

Having purchased my car 5 months ago, don't get me wrong i am very happy with the car, but i developed a fault on my dab radio, knowing it was outwith the 3 month guarantee i only went back to the showroom for one of the after sales team to show me how to get the dab radio going again just like the problem with it on the day i got the car. After 10 mins i was told there was nothing they could do, i explained i didn't want the car booked in but just advice like before, eventually one of the… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2016

Forgot to add it was Available Cars Leeds

Written on: 30/09/2016

Fair play to Customer care at Available cars Leeds, the matter has been resolved swiftly to my satisfaction after maybe a communication error.
Faith restored in your company, thank you very much.

Written on: 30/09/2016

Faith restored in your company, thank you very much.

“don't believe everything you hear”

Written on: 27/09/2016

Always make sure you see the car before paying for it, especially if you have asked for work to be carried on it. We recently purchased an A1 which had some deep scratches on the inside of one of the windows. Available Car said that the scratches would be removed or at least try to remove them. After paying for the car we went to inspect it and low and behold the scratches were still there. in fact, they looked more prominent! The manager said they couldn't do anything about it and we would… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/09/2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent purchase from Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately, although your comment explains you have “recently purchased an A1”, it doesn’t tell us when or from which branch.

Available Car Ltd will always prepare every used car to a high standard. This includes servicing and maintenance, replacing tyres, re-spraying body panels, cosmetic repairs and valeting. Unfortunately some things are simply due to the car being used/wear. We do have products that can help to improve scratches on a panel of glass but complete removal is very rare, for this reason we would have offered to improve scratch, rather than saying we’d remove. We would never intentionally over promise and under deliver.

We really are very sorry if your expectations were not met. We are always happy to and encourage our customers to see their car before they pay for it and take it away. If anyone is not happy with their car, we would rather help them choose another that they are happy with, rather than taking one away that they are not happy with.

Should you want to replace the panel of glass, we are happy to help wherever possible, if you want us to get a price to replace it for you, please contact your supplying Available Car branch. Please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

Oriental1's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2016

Take them through the courts & report to trading standards: I am going through this process:
Tell your credit card company to enforce a chargeback

“Wasted my precious time :-(”

Written on: 21/09/2016 by Jennibeckett (1 review written)

I rang available car as there was a Honda at Castle Donnington I was interested in however I live in Cannock. I was informed I would have to pay £100 to transport the car to cannock to view it. I asked for a part exchange price over the phone for my car which was given. I was fully upfront about the current condition of my car which is good. I was given a price slightly below what I needed to purchase the honda therefore asked the gentleman if it was still worth me coming down in person to… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Jennibeckett's Review

Written on: 28/09/2016

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. The helper who initially spoke with you offered a guide price for your car over the phone. He did still encourage you to visit the Cannock branch as it is not possible to commit to a value without seeing the car. We offered £100 less than the guide price due to the vehicles condition. We would like to apologise if you felt mislead and had a wasted journey. A showroom manager has subsequently contacted you to apologise and as goodwill increased the offer to the initial guide price. Hopefully we may be able to help you with the purchase of a car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“Warranty is rubish”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by gvAshworth152 (1 review written)

I am so angry , my son bought a car off you and you sold him the warranty also last November 2015. The car has just had an mot and service September 16 . The service picked up that the gearbox was faulty , Vauxhall got in touch with the warranty group and they wanted my son to pay to have the gearbox removed and sent to a specialist, so we sourced a gearbox specialist and took it there ourselves who did a full report on what was wrong with it and sent it them , the car is 6 years old and has… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2016

Dear gvAshworth – We are really sorry to hear that your son’s car needed a gearbox repair within a year of collection.

The Warranty policy that we offer is a good policy, it covers for sudden mechanical failure, it does not offer cover for worn/wear and tear items. Had the gearbox have been inspected by a specialist, their findings will have been discussed with the warranty company, prior to a decision being made.

We do not “lie just to get money”, we offer a product explanations and let our customer decide if the policy suits their needs.

Unfortunately your comment does not tell us what “Vauxhall” was purchased or from which Available Car branch. Should you require any further explanation regarding your claim, we are happy to help, please contact us directly and mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Extended warranty well worth the money”

Written on: 13/09/2016 by i.penman (1 review written)

I bought my Peugeot 208 from the Cannock branch of Available Car, in July 2015, and purchased an extended 3 year warranty, which included RAC cover. I have just had to have the water pump replaced, and also the oil pump solenoid valve. I was a little alarmed by some of the negative reviews I had read. However, it could not have been any easier, nor stress free. I phoned the warranty number, and was told I could take my car to any VAT registered garage. My local Peugeot dealer did all the… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to i.penman's Review

Written on: 14/09/2016

We are sorry to hear your car developed a fault just over a year after collection. Thankfully you have not had to pay an unexpected bill for repairs as you have chosen purchase an Available Car extended warranty. The claims process is straightforward and the policy booklet is clear on what is and is not covered. May we take this opportunity to wish you many miles of trouble free motoring. Regards the Available Car Team.

“Beware of selling your car ”

Written on: 22/08/2016 by StevieB65 (1 review written)

£4,000 less than the agreed price!!! £7,000 less than book price!!! Attended Available Car Cannock depot to obtain a price for them to buy my BMW car from me. Had two members of their staff assess the car and then provided me with a price which was about £3000 less than book price. Needed a quick sale, so agreed on the price but when we went to complete the deal a few days later, they offered £4,000 less than originally agreed! The reason given was their staff took the wrong mileage (what… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to StevieB65's Review

Written on: 25/08/2016

On behalf of the management at Available Car Cannock we would like to apologise for your recent experience. When you visited the site you did inform our showroom helpers of the correct mileage of 43800 miles. The valuations team use software to calculate the current “live” retail and trade prices for the vehicles. When inputting mileage they round the figure to nearest 1000 miles, but made a human input error and entered a current mileage of 4000 miles. This error generated an incorrect valuation and an offer of £21,000 was made. On the day of handover the valuations supervisor noticed the error when signing off on the handover paperwork. The car was revalued with 44000 miles and a revised offer of £17000 was made, and understandably this left you feeling very disappointed.

The general manager received your complaint via email the following day and as a gesture of good will increased the offer for your car to £18500. Available Car believe this now exceeds the market value for your car. We contacted you to make this increased offer and once again apologise for your experience.

“Rude, Terrible Service”

Written on: 17/08/2016 by Kelly291992 (1 review written)

To be honest i wouldnt even give them one star. Such bad service and really rude staff. Are in no rush to get your car back to you once its been repaired, happy to just leave it at a garage for no reason. Staff are rude and come across as talking to you is a chore. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Kelly291992's Review

Written on: 24/08/2016

Dear Kelly291992 – We would appreciate speaking to you about your recent experience whist shopping with us. Your comment suggests you have purchased a car from us, and we returned it to the Manufacturer under their Warranty? Unfortunately your comment doesn’t tell us what car you purchased, when, from with Available Car branch or what the problem was? We also have no record of who you are.

I can assure you it is important to us to get cars back to their owners as quickly and efficiently as possible. Reading your comments, we did not meet your expectations.

If you could contact your supplying Available Car branch, we’d be happy to hear from you. Please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.