AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“dont touch available car warranty - its a lie (cannock...”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by markl920 (1 review written)

available car seemed like a pleasant experience, all went smoothly apart from the pressure sell when they talk you into taking the warranty saying the only things you don pay for are the wear and tear items breaks , tyres etc. they say stick to the service guidlines and it will be fine , i mention the local ford dealerships hodgsons and they say fine. So about later that year the car has some starting problems looks like it is software / ecu related, take it into the ford dealership i mentioned… Read Full Review

“World Class Service is very misleading”

Written on: 11/02/2017

When you enter available car showroom for the first time the staff are extremely welcoming and pleasant - but be beware- the atmosphere has a distinct change when you come to buy a car. After many visits to the Leeds site I eventually selected a Ford Kuga BU64 VPR and booked test drive. I noticed there was a small dent on the rear panel but my main concern was the huge difference in tyre treads measurements - 3mm&6mm on the front - 3mm&7mm on the rear - this suggested there was a problem as the… Read Full Review

“Great service from start to finish”

Written on: 10/02/2017 by Justiceg250 (1 review written)

We saw a car at the Cannock site but we needed it moving to our local site in Leeds at a refundable cost of just £100.00. We phoned them after 9pm Sunday evening to arrange this. The car was at Leeds by late Monday evening. Hows that for service. We arranged for a viewing and test drive for the Thursday. First class meet and great from reception staff, showroom clean and tidy. Excellent extra long test drive with no rush or pressure to get back and sign on the dotted line. When we returned to… Read Full Review

“SHOCKING AFTERCARE (Sutton in Ashfield) ”

Written on: 05/02/2017

Well where do I start I purchased my corsa D after a few weeks of looking around at available car in sutton in Ashfield. I found a car I really liked and the sales people was very friendly and nice but this soon changed after I had payed for my car and drove away! I picked my car up on the 13th December 2016 which wasn't showroom standard at all didn't even look like had been valeted! Only a day later I noticed a fault with the radio as it wouldn't turn up and the unit it's self was very hot… Read Full Review

“Available car Cannock, cocky, arrogant and negligent ”

Written on: 24/01/2017 by thenewt7 (1 review written)

I'm a 40 year old professional who has an 18 year old daughter. Over the years I've brought a fair few cars but have never been so patronised by staff... After walking through the entrance you immediately get confrontation from four disinterested staff, I should have walked away at this point but we were there for a car not the staff. After lookig around my daughter fell in love with a car so we sat down to do the deal (screen price!)... After near on £1000 extras sales pitch such as… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to thenewt7's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

On behalf of the staff and management at Available Car Cannock we are very concerned to hear about the account of your experience. The Branch Manager has unsuccessfully attempted to contact your daughter via phone and email to discuss your experience in more detail, and would welcome you to contact him.

When customers enter the showroom we have our helpdesk at the entrance and one our helpdesk staff will greet the customer, explain the layout of the display and offer a stocklist. They also explain that if you would like any more help or information to please come back to the reception for help. Available Car believes that a customer should be left alone to look at the cars on display and not be approached. At Available Car we don’t actually sell cars, we help customers buy. That’s a big difference to ordinary car dealers and we’ve found that people like it that way. We are sorry if this approach or the staff came across as disinterested when you arrived.

When your daughter had decided on the car she wanted the sale was completed by one of our Customer Service Managers. Part of this process includes explaining and offering additional products which your daughter decided to purchase. A sold car work request form was completed and signed by your daughter detailing that no additional work was requested other than an MOT. When the Customer Service Manager was explaining and offering his reassurance about what would happen with the vehicle between then and collection, this may not have been clear or explained correctly. He also advised the next service due was in 13 months or approximately 16,000 miles. We have double checked this for you and confirmed it to be correct. On the last service carried out by VW Nottingham, long life oil was used. This meant the car does not require a service for 2 years or 20,000 miles. The previous owner opted for the indicator to be sent at a 12 month interval, hence why the light illuminated early. We apologise that the light was not corrected prior to you taking delivery of the car.

Prior to the sale a 76 point inspection was completed on the vehicle. During this inspection it was recorded that the remaining tread on both front tyres were 4mm and the rear tyres were at 6mm tread depth. We are the only retailer to advertise vehicles with a copy of our Inspection Report on our website for customers to view. New tyres have 8mm of tread and the legal limit is 1.6mm. Available Car’s Provenance and process is to change tyres at a minimum of 2.5mm tread remaining. These readings are also confirmed by a quality controller. The tyres condition and depth is also checked during the MOT by a VOSA approved tester. Available Car are confident the vehicle was not delivered with tyres that would require replacing after one week. We agree that a screw could appear in the tyre at any point.

During our handover process we supplied your daughter with the V5 registration document and explained the process for taxing and registering the vehicle. The declaration section has also be signed by her and ourselves stating “ hereby acknowledge receipt of the V5 Registration Document and my responsibility to notify the DVLA.” The V5 registration document states that when you sell or transfer ownership privately “the person selling the vehicle as current registered keeper” must inform the DVLA. When a vehicle is sold by the Motor Trade this does not apply, as the DVLA have been informed by ourselves the vehicle is under our custody but we do not become the registered keeper. We believe that our process to avoid such instances of customers not registering cars has been followed correctly.

Available Car would like the opportunity to discuss this further or view any supporting documentation you may have. We would also welcome a re-inspection of the vehicle for your peace of mind. Regards the Available Car team.

“What an experience!”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by Teanosugar (1 review written)

I recently visited Castle Donnington to test drive a vehicle i had seen online. After walking into the branch it was more like entering a gorilla enclosure with the alpha males sizing up the new meat. The test drive went well and the boy who took me out was pleasant and chatty. After getting back and having the obligatory 10 minute waffle about paintwork and interior snake oil i was then sat down in front of one of the tie wearers. He said to me the following, and this is no word of a lie… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Teanosugar's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

Hi – What a terrible review of Available Car – Castle Donington.

Should this be a genuine and accurate account of your recent visit, we sincerely apologise. Under no circumstances should any member of the Available Car team speak to any customer in such a way.

The content regarding “Price” is true, we do not negotiate but that is not due to arrogance or disrespect but is because we price every car at its best possible price, transaction price, without the need to haggle or negotiate. This is usually very popular with our customers, as they know exactly how much each car will “cost to buy”.

We offer a “Price Promise” for every car that we sell, and want to provide a relaxed car buying service, not a hard sell or negotiation war. The “Price Promise” is designed to ensure that Available Car customers, get the best cars at the best possible prices, even if another Car Supermarket or Main Dealer has “the same” cars for sale, at a lower price. Should we be beaten on price, we will happily adjust the selling price of our car.

We would value speaking to you regarding your recent visit and would appreciate it if you would contact us directly, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Bartering not in their policy”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by JDB21 (1 review written)

I traveled 100 mile round trip to test drive a 1 year car. I liked the car and after consideration, I decided to go for it. I went back to the very polite assistant and asked to talk to a guy with a tie (these are the people you have to deal with if you want to buy a car) To my surprise, a very young lad was sat opposite the desk who I instantly disliked because of his kok sure attitude during my attempts to tailor a deal. After every attempt to negotiate on price or product, he robotically… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to JDB21's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

Dear JDB21 – Every “Available Car” is offered for sale, at its transaction price. This does mean that we price the cars at the best price possible, as soon as it arrives. We do not inflate our asking prices and then leave the “negotiation” to agree a price, we treat all customer fairly and we advertise our cars at the price we sell them for. Simple!

Our first price, best price approach is usually very popular with our customers, it is not an arrogant “take it or leave it” approach. Every car has the “Available Car Price Promise” that guarantees should another Car Supermarket or Main Dealer be selling the same car, cheaper, we will adjust the selling price of our car for up to 7 days from the time of order. This allows our customers to shop in a relaxed and transparent environment, we do not agree that advertising/selling Available Cars at transaction price, without the added pressure of trying to “tailor a deal” or negotiate, makes us “ruthless”?

We do not expect comments such as, “kok sure” or “robotic” about our team, we expect our team to have conversations, give explanations and have a good, clear understanding with our customers.

We are sorry to read that you did not buy a car from us during your recent visit and we hope you will be happy with the car you have purchased. We hope to have the opportunity for you to shop with us again in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“Very helpful poor handover ”

Written on: 10/01/2017 by T50myg (1 review written)

Absolute diamonds to deal with! Got the car ready for when I asked handed it over on a bank holiday and treated me as as valued customer, the only thing that let me down was when I can to collect the car it did not seem like it had been cleaned at all, I noticed scuffs on the wheel but when I pointed it out I was told the car was 3 years old and they will not do anything for me, Bieng as I travelled nearly an hour to get the car I wasn't going to walk away without the car, apart from the… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to T50myg's Review

Written on: 11/01/2017

Thank you on behalf of the staff and management at Available Car Cannock for your comments. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the valet not being to a higher standard. Our aftersales team have contacted you to arrange for the car to be fully valeted next Friday and will be checked by senior staff members to ensure it is the correct quality. We have reviewed the image of your alloy and agree it requires refurbishment to bring it to the correct standard. During this aftersales visit we will also provide a courtesy car free of charge. We look forward to resolving these issues shortly and providing you a positive aftersales experience.

Regards the Available Car team.

“Steer clear of these people!!”

Written on: 08/12/2016 by C.H.2016 (1 review written)

Purchased a car, once they have your money customer service goes out the window. They big up their gaurantee yet when my car needed a fix they had the car for multiple weeks, to then refuse to have it fixed through main dealer because they are "not prepared to pay the cost" of the fix!! Theyve now suggested they will try to source the part second hand but dont know when that will be. Wont agree a deadline. Wont agree a gesture of goodwill compensatory payment, wont agree to exchange the car… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to C.H.2016's Review

Written on: 08/02/2017

Hi – We are disappointed to read such negative comments. Should any repair be necessary whilst within the Available Car Ltd Guarantee period, we will repair the vehicle, at no cost to our customer.

Most repairs are straight forward and repairs are carried out quickly, efficiently and with the minimum of inconvenience. It is unfortunate, but in reality, some repairs will take longer to investigate/diagnose and if parts are required (which are not always readily available), repairs may take longer to complete.

There is no benefit to Available Car Ltd taking any longer than necessary to complete any repair and it is our priority to have cars back with their owners as quickly as possible.

Available Car Ltd are confident that should any customer, experience any problem, with any car collected from any Available Car branch, we will resolve the issue for our customer. We do not refuse repairs, nor do we reject customers rights. Should any customer wish to take legal advice, we cannot and would not refuse that, it is the consumers right to do so?

We do not appreciate your “cowboy trader” comment, we find it rude, offensive, ill-informed and juvenile. Most genuine people are very happy to have the help, advice, free courtesy car (whenever possible) and support from the Available Car team, should our assistance be required. Unfortunately, some people will never be happy unless “goodwill”, “compensation” or “money” is given to them?

Should you wish to discuss your concerns with us, we would be more than happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying branch directly and mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car Team.

C.h.2016's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2017

I think your scathing and attitude ridden response to my honest review will tell everyone all they need to know about the service they will recieve. In the end in my case i was given a full refund on my car, after having to speak to the branch manager (who was a nice chap by the way) and reminding them of my legal rights. Everything i stated in my original review upto that point was completely correct and honest. You cannot tell a customer that you are unwilling to pay the cost of a repair, and that they should wait til you can source one 2nd hand and thats the only option - when you knew that it would be very difficult to source one at all, if ever! The only other thing id like to add is that when i went to get refund, even though the full amount had been agreed, when i went to sign the document it stated a refund £1000 less so was a good job i noticed and had it corrected before signing. All im doing here is giving people an honest review of my experience. If you arent happy to hear it, improve upon it in the future and dont let it happen again!

thanks

“Generally good service”

Written on: 29/11/2016

I recently purchased a 17 month old Astra Sports Tourer from the Cannock site. Customer service by the sales staff during g the week could not have been better. Price promise was honoured. No options were taken or really pushed as the car was relatively new. Collection was not such a good experience. I was made to wait. The cleanliness of the car was questionable. In summary price was competitive,sales was good, improvement required for handover as they did have 9 days to prepare… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/12/2016

Thank you for your comments regarding the vehicle you recently collected. We apologise that the handover experience was not as positive as the day you ordered the car. We are sorry you had to wait for our handover team and the valet was to a questionable standard. Our aftersales team will be contacting you to offer an appointment for a full valet to showroom standard. May we take this opportunity to wish you many miles of trouble free motoring.

“Happy overall”

Written on: 25/11/2016 by colinpotter (1 review written)

I bought a car from them in June, The car is great and am very happy with it, The trade in value that i was offered on my old car was very poor, They offered me £250 I decided to sell the car myself just before i went to pick my new car up, Put it on Facebook and it was gone within the hour for double what Available car offered It has just had a full service at the main dealers Vauxhall, And they said the car is in very good condition, So i am happy about that They just found a small split… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to colinpotter's Review

Written on: 08/12/2016

Dear colinpotter – Thank you for your kind comments, they are appreciated and we are delighted to hear you are happy with your “Available Car” and it got a good review during your recent service.

We are pleased to hear that your recent claim was covered by the warranty you purchased. We are always happy to offer help or advice but any claim will need to be made with the warranty provider to ensure if the item is covered or not.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“Great at first but soon changed”

Written on: 21/11/2016 by 13Crawford (1 review written)

I am currently in the process of TRYING to purchase my new car from avaliable car in castle donnigton.Saw the car I wanted in Cannock but needed it moving the Castle Donnington so I paid the £100.Both sites were so helpful with this and it happened very quickly. Booked in to view the car - everything went well, the gentleman went through everything with me, details of the car and as it was in preparation what needed doing before they realised it to me.I was happy with everything I was told and… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/12/2016

Dear 13Crawford – We really are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We like to think that we never make mistakes but unfortunately, on this occasion, we did.

Since investigating the cause for the confusion, we have contacted you directly and apologised for the delay. We hope that you are happy with the way we have dealt with your complaint, and assure you that we would never intentionally upset anyone and apologise if our original explanation was not sympathetic to the situation.

We hope that you will enjoy your “Available Car”, and hopefully we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future, for your next car. Regards the Available Car team.

“Not that good”

Written on: 18/11/2016 by hbLeonard272 (1 review written)

Available car thrive on offering their extra products on top of the car price which may come to over £1000 but if you ask for £100 more for your car they spit their dummy out The staff are young in experienced or even a little kok sure for some reason !?! Lol We got the car we wanted bit of advice shop around for a loan which is incredibly cheaper than available car They are ok good but not as good as they make out… Read Full Review

Dear hbLeonard272
Available Car Ltd sell, well prepared, used cars at the best possible prices without the need to “haggle” or “negotiate”. To ensure we are offering the best cars, at the best possible prices, every Available Car, qualifies for our unique “Price Promise”.

The products we offer to our customers are optional and our customers can pick and choose which products they would like. Likewise, we offer to “buy cars” or take as “part exchange”, we will always offer a fair price for any car we “value”.

We are proud of our team, we have a good team, of nice people, who look after our customers, they vary in age and experience but are nice people, the type of people that we would like to deal with.
We want our team to offer the best cars, at the best prices and with “World Class Customer Service”.

Should you wish to discuss your review further, please contact us directly and mention your “Review Centre” comment. Regards the Available Car team

“Disappointed and angry ”

Written on: 16/11/2016 by Annoyedmommy (1 review written)

In May 2015 we bought a 2008 low mileage Peugeot 308 sport for slightly under £5k cash to use as a family car. We took out the warranty as it was sold to us so well, what a total waste of money that turned out to be! Nothing was covered when things started to go wrong so we ended up cancelling the policy and lost the money we'd paid so far for the "policy'". In just a year and a half we've had to pay for a complete new heating matrix, water pump, 3 coil packs and a new complete rear light… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Annoyedmommy's Review

Written on: 18/11/2016

Dear Annoyedmommy – Sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the Peugeot 308 you purchased from us in May 2015. Unfortunately your comment do not tell us which branch the car was purchased from, so it is difficult to offer a personalised response.

According to the details you have provided, the car was 7 years old at the time of purchase, which was approximately 18 months ago.

With regard to the warranty that was purchased, we are very sorry to hear that the items you claimed for were not covered. The policy covers for sudden mechanical failure of factory fitted components, as per the terms and conditions of the policy.

Every Available Car is fully checked, prepared, maintenance checked and MOT’d (if required), we ensure all cars are in good condition at the time of sale and collection. Should our assistance be required, we are always happy to help or advise, however we cannot be responsible for faults, wear or parts failure indefinitely.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact your supplying branch. Regards the Available Car team.

“Poor customer service and not the cheapest”

Written on: 15/11/2016 by Prima_Interiors (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible customer service. I have used these guys three times and twice they have been appalling. In 2015, I bought a BMW 320d, which was filthy dirty and on collection. My hands literally stuck to the steering wheel and there was residue all over the console. They offered no written apology or goodwill gesture. In 2016, I purchased a Vauxhall Corsa, which, it turns out, had no oil in it. The AA had to be called at 11pm two weeks after purchase as the oil had shut off the engine as… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Prima_Interiors's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Hi – We are sorry to read such unhappy comments regarding your purchases from us. Our Showroom Manager has discussed your concerns with you, a goodwill gesture has been offered and we are arranging to inspect your car. Regards the Available Car team.

Kandyman's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2016

Hi. Incorrect. The £25 vouchers were offered for another mistake you'd made and doesn't relate to the issues I've described above.

To be clear, there was no goodwill gesture offered. I'll send you a recording of the phone call if you'd like? You flat-out refused to give me a goodwill gesture.

Available Car's Response to Prima_Interiors's Review

Written on: 18/11/2016

“Be very careful when buying!”

Written on: 14/11/2016

Disgusted and very disappointed with available car at Castle Donington! We were purchasing a Honda Civic, 1 year old. One of the attractions a 5 year warranty. We reserved the car for 5 days, returned on the Saturday, even discussing the warranty with the salesman. We signed the paperwork and arranged to collect on the Tuesday. Sorted the insurance etc, then with 24 hours to go got a phone call to say the warranty was invalid due to the timing of the service! All we were offered in recompense… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/02/2017

We are sorry to read your disappointment regarding the Honda Civic you had ordered from us.

The service completed on your vehicle of interest, had been carried out outside of the guidelines set by the manufacturer. The recommended guidelines are every 12mths/12500 miles, whichever the sooner. The service was completed within the recommended time but the mileage was 17,600 miles.

The manufacturer will accept responsibility for the vehicle whilst it is under their warranty and only if a component was to fail due to lack of, or late servicing then a repair may not be covered by them. We advised that service related items “could” be affected (as advised by Honda).

Had the information have been available sooner, we would have shared it with you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“worthless warranty”

Written on: 16/10/2016 by EllaO'Reilly275 (1 review written)

They are quick to sell add on warranties,had head gasket go star a year,put in claim only to be told it was not covered.Will never buy from them again they did not want to know… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2016

Dear EllaO’Reilly275 – We are sorry to hear that the warranty policy you purchased did not cover your recent claim. Without knowing all of the details it is hard to comment, however the warranty policy is for cover against “Sudden Mechanical Failure”. Should a fault occur due to “wear” or should an item fail that is not be covered by the policy, the warranty will not cover the repair.

If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact us directly, we’d be happy to help or advise wherever possible. Regards the Available Car team.

“Awful”

Written on: 11/10/2016 by Tdb23 (1 review written)

Absolutely awful customer services had nothing but problems since we have had our car from available car in Cannock. Had to ring up 5 times to get a call back for an appointment when we finally got our appointment we waited and hour before we was seen to, then 2 weeks later had to ring again as there were more problems with the car. Communication there is terrible and they do not understand other people have to work as me and my partner have both had to miss 2 days off work as they could not… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Tdb23's Review

Written on: 13/10/2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience as having to make multiple phone calls to arrange an appointment is not acceptable. Depending upon the issue we can arrange for customers vehicles to be dropped off at the sites later in the evening up to 9pm. Please can you contact us with your details so the managers at our Cannock branch can investigate your experience.
Regards the Available Car Team.

Oriental1's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2016

Cannock Customer service manager is an arrogant ***

“Left a deposit for a car ”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by Thomasxg487 (1 review written)

These reviews people left negative are true and accurate because i have experienced it i saw a car today in the autotrader which was a toyota avensis in castle donington today i phoned them up and asked about the toyota they told me the car was available. And said i can have a look at it so any way i traveled 49 miles to view the car when i got there been told the car is in body shop i was really angry i told them but i just phoned you guys up about 2 hours ago u said to me i could view it so… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/10/2016

We are really sorry that we invited you to test drive a car that was under-going preparation and was not able to be driven during your visit. We have approximately 1,500 cars onsite at Castle Donington, but we fully accept that this car should have been checked by a member of our team before you travelled from Birmingham to view/test drive.

We sincerely apologise that we made a mistake, however our “mistake” does not give you the right to claim that we are “very dodgy company” and that our cars “are very dodgy”. Your claims are offensive, when we made a mistake, we apologised to you, having read your “review”, it is you that owes us an apology.

We do not agree with the negative comments that you or others have written, nor do they represent a “true and accurate” description of shopping with Available Car Ltd.

When you arrived at our Castle Donington branch, it was explained that due to the car being inside a building, it was not able to be viewed/driven. Had we have checked the car before your visit, this would have been prevented, this was our mistake. Due to our mistake and the distance you had travelled, we arranged for you to view the car, whilst under-going preparation inside the building.

After viewing the car we offered the option to reserve the car so it was “Sold, to you – Subject To Test Drive”, this was agreed, so a deposit was taken and the car was withdrawn from sale. At this point, we thought that we had overcome the disappointment of not being able to test drive the car and were pleased that you were happy to order the car (subject to test drive).

I can assure you that every member of our team did try their best to ensure your visit to us was not a wasted one, every attempt was made to make the situation as good as it could possibly be, without being able to drive the car during your visit. Once again, we apologise that we made a mistake before your visit. Should you require any further assistance or should you wish to discuss your recent visit, please contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“Car was sold but they did not tell me”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by unhappy (2 reviews written)

I saw on their website that a car was coming into the Cannock site that was exactly the make and model that I wanted. I chased the car every day until it came in. I was told that I would be first to test drive it and I also went in the day before the car arrived and told them that I wanted the car. The next day the car arrived and I was told that I could test drive the car before it went to the garage to be prepared and we arranged the earliest time they could do. Ten minutes later, I was told… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to unhappy's Review

Written on: 11/10/2016

On behalf of the staff at Available Car Cannock for your recent experience. A customer service manager and the showroom manager have contacted you to offer our sincere apologies. When you first enquired you should have been offered a £100 refundable deposit to reserve the car subject to viewing it. Unfortunately another customer reserved the car with a deposit so we have to honour that sale. The Available Car Buying Team are actively searching the UK to give you the option of an identical or even better value car. We hope we can assist you with the purchase of your new car in the near future.

Unhappy's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2016

Yes you are correct. You were excellent at trying to sort out a solution and I was very impressed with how you handled my complaint.

I did try to delete or edit this post to add an update but was unable to do so. I will try to get the post deleted through admin