AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Not happy”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by Kilgoretf1964 (1 review written)

I bought a car 2years ago , on finance. It was over. Five year period . They gave me 3 year warranty. 2 years and a couple of month past and the gearbox started to play up. Phoned them and they said it's not covered although at the time when I bought the car they said anything mechanical like the engine . Gearbox clutch etc was covered .. I even took an extra 2 year cover to cover my give years.. They wernt intrested and said it was ware and Tare even tho one of the electric windows failed… Read Full Review

“Dodgy used car dealer”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by Hackettwy231 (1 review written)

In my view car quality has dropped and is poorer than the past, just not very good dealership, said to us 50-70% are ex hire cars so 1 owner but a 1000 careless drivers. Poorly valeted, smelly old company cars too. Prices at best a few % behind main franchised dealers if you haggle so not much to save. Tried to price promise like many others and always find a way out of it - different set of accesories/extras, not prepaired to our standards, mileage bit different blah blah blah no car is… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi, – We always appreciate feedback from our customers or potential customers that visit us. On this occasion we feel it necessary to respond to your negative review as we do not agree with your claims.

Every car is prepared and quality checked during the preparation process and any necessary work is completed at this stage. Once the preparation work has been completed the cars are valeted prior to becoming “Available” on our main display. We do advertise cars that are undergoing preparation, these cars won’t have been cleaned/valeted until the workshop/cosmetic work has been completed. On our website we show what work we have completed on each and every car, we are proud of our level of preparation. We employ a team to wash our cars on a daily basis, they work tirelessly to keep our cars clean. The weather can affect our display, dry, humid dusty weather does create a dusty display, likewise wet or icy weather can also impact our display. Our team do a good job, whatever the weather and we are proud of there efforts.

Your claim that 50-70% of our cars are ex-hire cars is simply untrue. We stock and sell a huge variety of used cars, each car is different and we happily disclose who/how many previous owners a car has, we have nothing to hide, we give our customers all the information they need to make an informed decision if they want to buy or not. We do not pressure anyone into making a rushed decision.

It is not for us to comment about other garages, how they price there stock or their practices. We can however explain how our pricing works. We advertise our cars with a first price, best price policy. We do not offer discounts, negotiate on price, nor have “special offers” on specific cars. Every car is priced at the best price possible and every car has the “Available Car Price Promise”.
Although it is unclear who has written this review, some comments have been recognised by members of our team. If we are correct, you ordered a car from us on 04/07 2014 and we are expecting the car to be collected 18/07/2014. If we have the correct customer, you did challenge the price of our car, although it was outside of the 7 days that we offer in our price promise. Despite this we did look for the car you were challenging and the car was not the same as the car you ordered from us. When carrying out a price match, we ask for the car to be equal to ours. This is not unreasonable, vehicle manufacturers have numerous makes and models, all of which have a variation in the specification. Therefore if the car is not the same model, age, specification or transmission, it would not qualify for a price match. There will be cars for sale that will be the same as the car you have ordered from us, they just may not be cheaper than the one you have bought. For clarity, if we are responding to the customer we expect, the car you have ordered has one previous, private registered keeper and the service history supplied is from a Mercedes-Benz garage.

We will take a holding deposit if a customer wants to buy a car from us, we will then withdraw the car from sale and remove it from being advertised for sale. As a rule our cars are usually delivered within 3-5 days, if there is circumstances which don’t allow the new owner to take delivery of the car within this timescale, we will work with the customer, we are not unreasonable. If we have not heard from a customer who has left a deposit and ordered a car from us, we will contact them, some customers do have a change of circumstances or simply change their mind, for these reasons we would not leave a car off sale indefinitely without speaking to our customer. I do accept if you were contacted 4 times a day, this is excessive, I can only assume you did not respond or answer any of these calls, otherwise there would be no need to continue ringing you?

The board that can be seen from our waiting area that you comment about is our showroom appointment board, it is situated within an office in the corner of the showroom, this is not a public area, however it can be seen. We have a dedicated team that deal with customer enquiries via telephone and email up to 10pm each night. The appointment board allows us to ensure customers that have made an appointment, before visiting the site are looked after by the correct member of our team, quickly and efficiently.

We are always looking at ways to improve and we value customer comments, we are disappointed if someone is not happy, and we are always available to help. We would prefer to be contacted than written about on online review sites.

We are genuine, reasonable people who value customer service. We do not employ pushy sales people, we believe that treating customers fairly is the best way to progress our business. It is disappointing to read your review, and we are not happy at being called a “Dodgy Used Car Dealer”, you could not be further from the truth.

We want every customer to have a positive, enjoyable experience when shopping with us. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards Available Car Ltd.

“Price promise a sham”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by LiamRiley (1 review written)

This is the first time that I have ever done a review, however I feel compelled to do so. I would like to start off by saying that my initial thoughts of when I went to available car in castle donnington was quite good, I was left alone to look at the cars and took two cars out on a test drive, a audi a6 and and audi a4. I was pleased with both cars. While I was away I had my car valued, a 57 plate mondo ghia, and was ok with the price they offered for the part ex, I stress ok not over the… Read Full Review

“very satisfactory experience”

Written on: 05/07/2014

Three weeks and 600 miles since collecting my car and still smiling, sorry for anyone who had a poor experience, but I've been well pleased with available cars Cannock… Read Full Review

“Aviod like the plague!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by MrH193 (1 review written)

This is being written mainly due to the extended warranty offered through Mapfre Abraxas! When i purchased the car stone chips were supposed to have been removed which had been done completely and what had been done wasn't to a very high standard. Check tyre pressure warning light on when car was taken home which i then had to take back to the dealership. Replacement key wasn't available when car was purchased which i was told would be available that within the next two weeks. I was never… Read Full Review

“Don't always take notice of poor reviews. ”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by Danseller (1 review written)

I have today collected my car from Castle Donnington branch. i travelled over 130 miles by train to collect it. And just had a fabulous drive home in it. My car was of a higher value level on their stock holding and yet the first time i laid eyes on it was today. I trusted my judgement, and research. After a shaky start with 'available' (due to communication more than anything, they do have a lot of staff) they were more than helpful when i decided to send in the AA for a comprehensive test… Read Full Review

Carlajane123's Response to Danseller's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

if you had gone to bmw you would have got rest of manufacturers warranty and extra year bmw warranty plus mot warranty plus breakdown cover with like for like courtesy car which is the best i know of so dont really think you saved at all against main dealer bmw as from my experience they will do everything to keep a customer happy as repeat business is the heart of their ethos also condeming everyone elses reviews as biased is unfair a good company that gets complaints deals with them in availible cars case you can research on internet have had many scrapes with authorities over the years unfortunately a leopard dosnt often change its spots saying that i hope your car treats you well and that you have trouble free motoring

Danseller's reply to Carlajane123's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2014

i think you obviously had a bad experience with available. my point was to do your own due diligence, my car is as described and the history i traced completely and irrevocably via the previous one owner, and the main dealer that owner had been a customer of for 40yrs. it all fitted as to how available ended up with it. i have AA membership anyway regarding breakdown. i have over a year of bmw warranty left and free bmw servicing until 2017. The bottom line was a £2500 saving on an identical "like for like" i did speak to two main agents before purchasing and they were less than ecstatic about taking anything off the ticket price, as you say may have thrown in something like breakdown or extended warranty another year, that i just don't need. the financial liability is not the monthly payments, its the total you owe someone in life, the main dealer just said they will make the finance fit, ( so still £2500 dearer then) my experience with bmw main agents previously has not been the same as yours I'm afraid. they are pompous, and stuffy, even last year i tried twice to buy a brand new X3 and failed miserably to get to sit in one or drive one (3 times i just turned up to find no-one available to see me) and I'm not in the position to know when i can make appointments for these things. i think my heading comment is fair, i.e. "Don't ALWAYS take notice of poor reviews" I'm also sure you are right too, but this review is about what i found, not anyone else. thank you i also hope my motoring is trouble free!

Available Car's Response to Danseller's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear Danseller – Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience when buying a car from Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington).

We are always looking to improve our service and have recently extended our hours until 10pm at night to be able to answer enquiries via email and telephone, this is already proving popular with our customers and this will allow a prompt response to all enquiries made. Our ethos, is to offer customers value for money, treat all customers fairly and offer “World Class Service”.

It is our company policy not to use review sites, as we believe they are easily accessed by anybody, are open to abuse and not always factual or credible. However, to read a genuine customer review, who has bought and collected a car from us, is fantastic, thank you.

We are delighted that you are happy with your new car and that you were looked after by our team, we will ensure your kind comments are passed onto all involved. Kind Regards The Available Car Team.

“Cars not checked before being sold and poor customer...”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by Kincaid1964 (1 review written)

We chose a 62 plate Audi A3 from Available Car on the A5 in Cannock in April 2014. We looked over the vehicle, under the bonnet and took it for a test drive. The car was quite dirty as it had been standing for a while. It was the car we wanted - right model, age, mileage etc. However we queried the two front tyres. They didn't match the rear and both front tyres were different makes and tread from each other. The staff at Available Car said it was company policy only to supply tyres with a… Read Full Review

“Average buying experience and very poor after sales”

Written on: 07/06/2014 by haydn.s (1 review written)

The first part of my experience was average, wasn't bad but then wasn't a massively good experience. There waa alot of waiting around which can be understood as they seemed quite busy but when you arrange alot of it over the phone I didn't expect to wait that long but they where all friendly and helpful as well as trying to get everything sorted properly. The second part which is currently still ongoing is quite appalling. A problem was discovered with the cars steering lock and controls after… Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Response to haydn.s's Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

Thanks for your warning Im after a Audi A3 and after reading all the bad reviews Im staying well clear. Its funny how the dealer only responds to good comments, that says it all really! 90% of the reviews are 1 or 2 stars .Thanks for your warning!

Available Car's reply to Harryslotter's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2014

We appreciate any review written regarding an issue after taking collection of a car may be read as a “warning” however it is important for us to point out that we do not build nor manufacture the cars we sell. We pride ourselves on “Customer Service, Value for Money and Treating Customers Fairly”. Unfortunately, mechanical items may go wrong and occasionally fail, if this does happen, we will ensure our customers are looked after.
I hope you will take this into consideration when you are looking to buy an Audi A3. Please visit Available Car Ltd, it will allow you the opportunity to see what makes us different. Regards The Available Car Team

Available Car's Response to haydn.s's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

We are sorry that you had to return your car to us under guarantee. We do appreciate, that keeping our customers updated with the progress of the repair is very important, if we did not achieve this during your visit, we sincerely apologise.

Having investigated the issue, I can confirm that we received your car at Castle Donington on Thursday 5th June. The work was referred to the Ford Dealer, the reason for this was that the car was still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, therefore should a repair have been necessary, under warranty, this would have been approved by Ford and repaired as soon as possible. It was noted that the two issues that you were experiencing were unrelated. Unfortunately the steering wheel controls were no longer working, this was a fuse that needed to be replaced, wiring was checked during the repair process to ensure that this would rectify the fault, after testing the controls, they worked as they should, and this was a straight forward repair.

With regard to the steering lock/steering column issue, upon investigation by Ford, they reported that a bracket within the column needed to be replaced. This was the cause of the steering lock only working when the steering column was all the way out. We were notified by Ford on the afternoon of Monday 9th June, following this, we authorised the parts to be ordered and the work to be completed.
The car was returned to our Castle Donington branch and tested by us on Thursday 12th June, once we had checked the operation of the reported faults, we notified you that the car was ready to be collected.

I can confirm that the repair was carried out at Ford and covered by the Available Car Ltd 3 month/3000 mile guarantee. Wear related items are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

We apologise that you were waiting for a progress report, we accept this will have been frustrating for you, also for any inconvenience caused. We hope you enjoy many miles of trouble free motoring and we hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards The Available Car Team.

“AVAILABLE CAR .WARNING.”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by anCraig343 (1 review written)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. SPEND YOUR WELL EARNED CASH ELSEWHERE. THEY GIVE YOU ROCK BOTTOM PRICE FOR YOUR CAR THEN SELL YOU A CAR AT A SIMMULAR PRICE TO A FRANCISE DEALER. THEN IF PROBLEM WITH YOUR CAR BOUGHT FOM THEM.DONT WANT TO KNOW . YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY AWAY FROM AVAILABLE CAR. PS THERE CARS ARE NOT GOOD VALUE… Read Full Review

“Happy Chappy”

Written on: 30/05/2014 by Spikey01 (1 review written)

After looking at the website and selecting several vehicles I went to Castle Donington where I purchased Vauxhall Corsa on 1st May. Have experienced a couple on issues with the vehicle I can only praise the efforts of the staff to resolve them. They were extremely pleasant and totally professional in handling my complaints about the car. They truly went over and above to make sure all the issues were rectified to my satisfaction. It's true to say that sometimes a "product" can be a let… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Spikey01's Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Dear Spikey01 Thank you for your refreshing, honest and kind comments regarding your recent experience when dealing with Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington). We are sorry to hear you had a couple of issues after collection but are extremely happy with the way the “Available Car Team” rectified your issues.
Reviews such as this one are a credit to our team and your praise will bring a great deal of satisfaction to all involved. Thank you again and we hope to deal with you (and your relatives, friends and colleagues that you have recommended!!) again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

“Poor work”

Written on: 28/05/2014

I ve had my car back number of times for poor work/ repair car bin back more times for the same thing PAINT keeps comeing off. It's just a quick fix to get the car out the door. After so long don't want to no as it's bin a on going problem for day. ADVISE HAVE A GOOD LOOK WHEN BUYING… Read Full Review

“very good ”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by HarperKane347 (1 review written)

Bought a hyundai coupe in April, very pleased. Car looked great, was serviced and had a full MOT, was also valeted.. No problems at all. My advice, ignore the negative reviews and look for yourself. Buying a car is always risky, you need to make sure it's the car for you. I've seen the reviews slating available car because their car was slow... And it was a 1.2 litre. Honestly, make your own judgement… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Thank you for your excellent comments about Available Car Ltd. We are really pleased that you are enjoying your recent purchase and we hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

“So far, so good”

Written on: 09/05/2014 by NormalNorman (1 review written)

Bought an A3 Quattro from AC Castle Donnington. Sale was mostly good, but they didn't tell me about the drive-away insurance, just gave me the V5C and told me to come back with tax and insurance. They did an MOT even though there were several months left, and replaced the back disks and pads, which I though was very decent. One minus was they had removed all the mats. I would have preferred to have the choice. This is now causing me a PITA. It turned out to be sans-Quattro. Found out that… Read Full Review

Normalnorman's Response to NormalNorman's Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

Took it in yesterday first thing. Handed over a letter explaining my claim.
All was dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction. I requested the car go to an AUDI main service center, as the Haldex fault would be complex.
I also added in a request for a split under tray to be replaced, and for AC to ask AUDI to replace part of the rear door trim which was corroding (under the AUDI 12-year anti-corrosion warrantee).
I had an update phone call from AC that afternoon to explain what was happening. As promised, the car was taken to Derby AUDI, where it remains.
AC customer service now *****.

Normalnorman's reply to Normalnorman's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

Derby AUDI diagnosed hydraulic pump failure. Oil was contaminated and pump blocked. New oil and new pump, and fault codes cleared. Returned to AC after clean and polish. AC then checked it was working, put a new undertray on, and replaced the corroded trim in the door (AUDI had refused to cover it).
The courtesy car I had was a new Vauxhall Astra, which was fine.
Collected the car this morning, and the AWD is ACE.
Very happy with the way AC handled the whole thing. Very glad I bought from them. Now 5* for both service and value.

Available Car's Response to NormalNorman's Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to update your recent experience with Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington). We are very pleased that your repair was completed quickly, efficiently and to your satisfaction. Your positive comments will be shared with all the Available Car team and everyone involved in the repair. Thank you for the 5 Star comment, it is appreciated.
We hope you enjoy your car and hope to do business again with you in the future.
Kind regards The Available Car Team.

“ripped me off”

Written on: 09/05/2014

I brought a vw passat in March 2013. I now wanted to part echangeand have now been told its worth half the value. You can not lose that much value in one year unlesd sold to high in first place . Really unhappy… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

“after sales are appalling (sutton in ashfield)”

Written on: 09/05/2014 by Duffy22 (1 review written)

Purchased my car at the end of January and reported a fault to them with the gearbox. Was asked to take car in so problems could be witnessed. 2 men came to my car and witnessed the issue, was advised to book it in and it would be sorted. Took car back a few weeks later as had to wait for a courtesy car to be available. Had car just a day and called me to say they couldn't make it fault!! I reluctantly collected the vehicle and said I would be in touch if it happened again. Surprise a day later… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

“TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DONT CARE AFTERWARDS IVE LOST £8000 ”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by FARAWAY45 (1 review written)

brought a corsa d 1.2LT from cannock was told its a great car very good on fuel and alot quicker then my fiat 1LT. breaks had a noise when i test drove and i was told by the advisor that it would go after 600-700 MILES. ive now had the car two months and its still there but LOUDER. also the car struggles its very slow and dangerous to pull off on ISLANDS. my car was full with 5 adults going down an a road from birmingham doing about 80MPH when i started to hit up hill not a massive one when my… Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Response to FARAWAY45's Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

“sales excellent after sales non existent”

Written on: 01/05/2014

Very plesant non pushy sales almost enjoyable, after sales non existent, return of call non existent, response to complaint non existent, valet of car non existent, second key non existent, chances of misses car bought from available car non existent… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Available Car Ltd, we are pleased that you enjoyed shopping with us, a positive customer experience is what we hope for. However since taking delivery of your car, you state your car was not valeted, you have not received returned phone calls, you are awaiting your spare key, that you have not had a response to your complaint and that you would not want to buy another car from us? We are unaware from this review, who we are trying to respond to, which Available Car Ltd site the car was purchased from, when or what your complaint is regarding.

If you could contact Available Car Ltd directly, we will be happy to make any necessary arrangements to resolve your issues.

“A Shocking Company”

Written on: 21/04/2014

Do not buy from this company. They denied having received my calls, refused to accept a problem with the car, even though I provided 2 separate independent garage reports. I was going to pursue through the courts, but as they know and are happy to take the risk, I didn't do this because of the cost. Lesson learned and should have read the reviews before purchasing. An expensive lesson though!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

“Waited... And waited... And waited”

Written on: 20/04/2014 by Mrturbo (1 review written)

We visited our local Available Car to look at a small car for our daughter. Upon arrival we were greeted by 4 chaps behind what is probably their welcome desk. We asked about seeing a car which was advertised, we were given a block of plastic with a number on and waited 20 minutes for someone to speak to us. Now I don't mind waiting 20 minutes if their staff was busy, but, there were 4 guys stood behind the welcoming desk literally just stood there, they weren't reading, guiding anyone or even… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Mrturbo's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

We are sorry to read your personal experience when visiting Available Car Ltd and want to take the opportunity to apologise for the time you waited to be looked after by one of our team of “Customer Helpers”. We agree that 20 minutes is not an acceptable amount of time to wait, if there is members of staff free and available to help. For this we sincerely apologise.

At Available Car we do have staff members who are permanently based on our Customer Helpdesk, these team members do not conduct part exchange valuations, test drives or complete orders with our customers but are there to help our customers, explain our site layout and provide a service to ensure we have a Customer Helper is available to answer any questions, conduct part exchange valuations and offer test drives as soon as our customers require any help.

At Available Car Ltd, we price all of our vehicles with a first price, best price policy. For this reason we do not negotiate on the windscreen price of our cars. To ensure value for money for all of our customers, we offer the Available Car Price Promise, this gives us and our customers confidence they are buying their car of interest at the best possible price. We do take part exchange cars in against our stock, we offer fair and reasonable prices for all cars we value. We are sorry that we did not do business with you during this visit to us, we hope to have the opportunity to deal with you again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd.

“What a joke!”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by Tomo1212 (1 review written)

My brother recently purchased a Nissan crossover car. It was a 2013 plated . The deal on the day was for a car with full service history and all keys etc as you would expect from a new car. Wrong! Not only had they not serviced the car, nor tax it, they had not got the second key either! Then to top it all up...no jack and tyre lever kit! Wouldn't recommend to any one to be honest! Total let down … Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Response to Tomo1212's Review

Available Car's Response to Tomo1212's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately we are unable to give a personalised response to your review due to us being unaware of who your brother is? What Nissan was purchased? From which Available Car site? Or when it was collected?

When we complete a used vehicle order, we will explain what items are being included in the purchase (Service book/Handbook/Keys/SD Card etc.) These items are detailed on our “Sold Car Work Requested” sheet along with any additional work that has been requested (Hands free Phone Kit/Reversing Sensors) whilst completing the order.

We ensure that if a car is due a service within 3 months or 3000 miles of collection, we would complete that work, free of charge. The Road Fund Licence is not included in the sale price of the car, we do not include nor pay for the Road Fund Licence for the cars we sell, and this is a government charge and is the responsibility of the owner.

Based on the content of your review, your brother’s car was not due a service and he would have been aware we were not “taxing” the car for him. Every car Available Car Ltd supply will have two keys (as per the Available Car Provenance) as a rule, both keys will be present at the time of collection, if the second key has not arrived on site prior to collection, we will supply the second key at a later date, this will have been the case with the Nissan your brother bought and does not usually cause any problem?

I am unsure what you mean by a tyre lever kit, that you say was missing from the car? Modern cars are supplied with either a “space saver” spare wheel or a tyre inflation kit and compressor.

Available Car Ltd pride ourselves on our levels of customer service, vehicle preparation and the clarity we share with our customers. For any customer to feel dealing with us has been a “Total let down” is unacceptable to us, if your brother could contact us directly, at the branch where he purchased the car, we are to help. Regards Available Car Ltd Team