AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“lie on their adverts”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by Joaquin49 (1 review written)

Battery was flat when we went to test drive it . They said they would sort it . When we picked it up it broke down , the battery wasnt connected properly . Its just gone for its first service and despite service records it has never been serviced before the oil filter is the factory fitted one and they had to knock the wheels off with a hammer. They had never been removed . The advert is a lie… Read Full Review

“No idea”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by wrog (2 reviews written)

Bought a Ford, battery was flat before test drive so radio needed code. On showing me how big the boot was we found the micro switch wasn't working, there were also most of the caps missing from the alloys, I was told all these things would be put right. caps were still missing, radio was butchered from removing it from the dash with a screwdriver to get the serial number and the boot switch still dead, On investigating a rattle from the back the interior trim was hanging off, I guess their… Read Full Review

“not happy to help”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by kimfordlincs2 (1 review written)

Being a young couple and not understanding the finance world me and my partner tried for finance we wasnt told about how much to apply for and basically told to chose any car we want .....having to drive 70miles there anyway having spent the whole day looking around they wasnt interested in helping just in us getting an expensive car which later we realised we was punching above our weight ......After no explaination and no help we was basically told they couldn't help us and to get a credit… Read Full Review

“Buyer beware - don't use this company”

Written on: 10/08/2014

Only giving one star as can't give zero! Wish I'd found this review site before we went to Available Car. Bought a Fiesta which has now been returned but I'm still out of pocket and fuming: - They told us windscreen had been replaced, it had not but was instead badly repaired, when queried they denied having said it had been replaced - One key did not work properly, display for radio etc did not light up, second key showed different mileage reading to milometer - Vehicle sold with service… Read Full Review

“Incredibly frustrating experience”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Rich5150 (1 review written)

I latched onto a particularly nice Peugeot 308 diesel at the Cannock site, my fuel of choice now I have to drive more at work. Lovely spec, well presented. The sales team were fantastic (as per usual, the devil comes in appealing forms). First problem. No media card with the sat nav as it had been lost, also no handbook. Not a problem, this will be posted. Media card posted....doesn't work. Handbook posted, not a problem. I took the car up on the 15th July in order for them to fix it. I was… Read Full Review

“Disappointing experience”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Jacobsdog1 (1 review written)

We visited the Sutton-in-Ashfield site after a previous day telephone enquiry about a Peugeot 308 advertised on their website. Have to say the guy who phoned me that day was polite, helpful and well-informed. Part-ex offered was okay but not fantastic and of course, subject to my car being seen, but all in all it seemed well worth a try to go along and have a look. First thing that struck us was the sheer size of the place. Not only was there a large showroom, but a very large outdoor area… Read Full Review

“Not happy”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by Kilgoretf1964 (1 review written)

I bought a car 2years ago , on finance. It was over. Five year period . They gave me 3 year warranty. 2 years and a couple of month past and the gearbox started to play up. Phoned them and they said it's not covered although at the time when I bought the car they said anything mechanical like the engine . Gearbox clutch etc was covered .. I even took an extra 2 year cover to cover my give years.. They wernt intrested and said it was ware and Tare even tho one of the electric windows failed… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

Dear Kilgoreft1964 – We are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with the car you purchased from us over 2 years ago, although we find it difficult to accept that we should receive such a negative review for a product we supplied so long ago?

Your claim that we miss-sell our warranty policies is completely false. As per your own review the warranty company Mapfre Abraxas, the largest provider in Europe, paid your claim for what seems like an electric window motor and regulator that had failed, not worn out. So how can it be mis-sold? We present every customer with the option to purchase mechanical breakdown cover, it is then the customer’s choice whether to purchase, or not. We are genuinely sorry to hear the components you have tried to claim for have not been covered, although without knowing what car you purchased, where from or when exactly, it is almost impossible to respond. Without these facts, we cannot even contact the insurer to find out why your claim has been declined.

Mechanical breakdown insurance will cover for sudden mechanical failure, not worn out or end of mechanical lifespan items, we can only assume this is why your claim was declined?

Your review is very difficult to read, we are disappointed by your negative comments about us and do not understand how you feel we are responsible for your car, so long after you took delivery of it? If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

Giggs123's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

For one the car is still sitting on my drive as nobody has come to pick up the car for any kind of repair ! So how you can say that the electric window has been paid for is beyond belief.. And I bought the car with warranty which I paid an extra £600 for ! And the car was sudden mechanical failure. ! The gearbox failed to work ! I'm still paying for the car on HP .. And I've had no help at all from your company at all regarding this apart from you asking us to bring the vehicle up to yourselves, the car can not be Driven! Only Blackhorse have agreed to help and are arranging vauxhall to come pick up the car ! Like I said I won't be using you again and I feel angry as my son as also purchased a car off you and I dread to think what would happen if his car failed too !

“Dodgy used car dealer”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by Hackettwy231 (1 review written)

In my view car quality has dropped and is poorer than the past, just not very good dealership, said to us 50-70% are ex hire cars so 1 owner but a 1000 careless drivers. Poorly valeted, smelly old company cars too. Prices at best a few % behind main franchised dealers if you haggle so not much to save. Tried to price promise like many others and always find a way out of it - different set of accesories/extras, not prepaired to our standards, mileage bit different blah blah blah no car is… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi, – We always appreciate feedback from our customers or potential customers that visit us. On this occasion we feel it necessary to respond to your negative review as we do not agree with your claims.

Every car is prepared and quality checked during the preparation process and any necessary work is completed at this stage. Once the preparation work has been completed the cars are valeted prior to becoming “Available” on our main display. We do advertise cars that are undergoing preparation, these cars won’t have been cleaned/valeted until the workshop/cosmetic work has been completed. On our website we show what work we have completed on each and every car, we are proud of our level of preparation. We employ a team to wash our cars on a daily basis, they work tirelessly to keep our cars clean. The weather can affect our display, dry, humid dusty weather does create a dusty display, likewise wet or icy weather can also impact our display. Our team do a good job, whatever the weather and we are proud of there efforts.

Your claim that 50-70% of our cars are ex-hire cars is simply untrue. We stock and sell a huge variety of used cars, each car is different and we happily disclose who/how many previous owners a car has, we have nothing to hide, we give our customers all the information they need to make an informed decision if they want to buy or not. We do not pressure anyone into making a rushed decision.

It is not for us to comment about other garages, how they price there stock or their practices. We can however explain how our pricing works. We advertise our cars with a first price, best price policy. We do not offer discounts, negotiate on price, nor have “special offers” on specific cars. Every car is priced at the best price possible and every car has the “Available Car Price Promise”.
Although it is unclear who has written this review, some comments have been recognised by members of our team. If we are correct, you ordered a car from us on 04/07 2014 and we are expecting the car to be collected 18/07/2014. If we have the correct customer, you did challenge the price of our car, although it was outside of the 7 days that we offer in our price promise. Despite this we did look for the car you were challenging and the car was not the same as the car you ordered from us. When carrying out a price match, we ask for the car to be equal to ours. This is not unreasonable, vehicle manufacturers have numerous makes and models, all of which have a variation in the specification. Therefore if the car is not the same model, age, specification or transmission, it would not qualify for a price match. There will be cars for sale that will be the same as the car you have ordered from us, they just may not be cheaper than the one you have bought. For clarity, if we are responding to the customer we expect, the car you have ordered has one previous, private registered keeper and the service history supplied is from a Mercedes-Benz garage.

We will take a holding deposit if a customer wants to buy a car from us, we will then withdraw the car from sale and remove it from being advertised for sale. As a rule our cars are usually delivered within 3-5 days, if there is circumstances which don’t allow the new owner to take delivery of the car within this timescale, we will work with the customer, we are not unreasonable. If we have not heard from a customer who has left a deposit and ordered a car from us, we will contact them, some customers do have a change of circumstances or simply change their mind, for these reasons we would not leave a car off sale indefinitely without speaking to our customer. I do accept if you were contacted 4 times a day, this is excessive, I can only assume you did not respond or answer any of these calls, otherwise there would be no need to continue ringing you?

The board that can be seen from our waiting area that you comment about is our showroom appointment board, it is situated within an office in the corner of the showroom, this is not a public area, however it can be seen. We have a dedicated team that deal with customer enquiries via telephone and email up to 10pm each night. The appointment board allows us to ensure customers that have made an appointment, before visiting the site are looked after by the correct member of our team, quickly and efficiently.

We are always looking at ways to improve and we value customer comments, we are disappointed if someone is not happy, and we are always available to help. We would prefer to be contacted than written about on online review sites.

We are genuine, reasonable people who value customer service. We do not employ pushy sales people, we believe that treating customers fairly is the best way to progress our business. It is disappointing to read your review, and we are not happy at being called a “Dodgy Used Car Dealer”, you could not be further from the truth.

We want every customer to have a positive, enjoyable experience when shopping with us. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards Available Car Ltd.

“Price promise a sham”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by LiamRiley (1 review written)

This is the first time that I have ever done a review, however I feel compelled to do so. I would like to start off by saying that my initial thoughts of when I went to available car in castle donnington was quite good, I was left alone to look at the cars and took two cars out on a test drive, a audi a6 and and audi a4. I was pleased with both cars. While I was away I had my car valued, a 57 plate mondo ghia, and was ok with the price they offered for the part ex, I stress ok not over the… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

Dear LiamRiley – We are sorry to read that you were unhappy with the outcome from your recent visits to our Castle Donington and Sutton in Ashfield branches.

Having investigated your review and looked into your visits to each branch, I hope you feel you were looked after by our team during your visits? We are happy to help wherever possible and according to the records I have, our team (at both sites) offered help and took you for test drives in your vehicles of interest.

Your original visit, to Castle Donington was on Monday 23rd June 2014, whilst visiting you expressed an interest in Audi’s the decision was whether to opt for an Audi A4 or Audi A6, we test drove both cars with you, although it was not decisive, you left to consider which model of Audi you wanted. During this visit, we offered a part exchange price for you current car. A 2007 registered Ford Mondeo Ghia, 2 owners, the approximate mileage was 61,000 miles in our opinion the car was in average condition.

This was the conclusion of your Castle Donington visit and you left to consider your options, it was our understanding that we had conducted ourselves, professionally, been helpful and considerate to the decision you had to make.

Your second visit was to our Sutton in Ashfield branch on Friday 4th July 2014. It appears during this visit, you chose the 2012 registered Audi A6, priced at £17,499. I fully appreciate that you will have been disappointed when our team explained that the valuation for your part exchange had been reduced by £100. I assume it was from this point you became unhappy, due to the reduction in price for your car, and that our car had not been adjusted in price. The reason for this was that the retail price, that we had offered our Audi A6 for sale for was still a current retail price. However this does not mean that all of our cars would remain at the same price, many will have been adjusted due to the fact that we check and adjust our prices daily to ensure we are offering good value for money.

It appears that the cause of your unhappy review is the Price Promise that we offer? To clarify, the idea of offering a price promise is so we can have confidence in our pricing and that if a car of equal quality and value was for sale, cheaper elsewhere, we would refund the difference/match the price.

I think it is necessary to point out that we were/are happy to price match the comparable car that you found for sale elsewhere, the vehicle is very similar to our car, the difference, as you mentioned was in the mileage and also the interior trim of the car. Upon inspection, the car we offered for sale was the same make, model, year and engine size, however the original owner of each vehicle had opted for different interior options, one was Aviator Blue in colour with a light grey interior and seats with a “wood effect” dashboard and console trim. The other is Brilliant Black in colour, with the dark interior and seats with a “aluminium effect” dashboard and console trim, not identical but very similar. This car would qualify for our price promise, therefore, we would offer the car for the same price as the other dealer in York, £17,491.

For this reason I cannot understand why you state that the “Price Promise is a sham” when we have agreed to it?

Our Price Promise is to match the price of the car advertised cheaper elsewhere. We do not price match and then “negotiate” a price afterwards, it either is a match or not.

In summary, we are disappointed that you were not happy to proceed with the purchase of the Audi A6, and are sorry if you were unhappy with the cost to change that we offered.

If you experienced any issues regarding the level of customer service offered at either branch or if you would be happy to discuss the “condescending attitude of the advisor” we would really appreciate your time, customer service is very important to us.

We sincerely hope you will consider Available Car Ltd in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards Available Car Team.

“very satisfactory experience”

Written on: 05/07/2014

Three weeks and 600 miles since collecting my car and still smiling, sorry for anyone who had a poor experience, but I've been well pleased with available cars Cannock… Read Full Review

“Aviod like the plague!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by MrH193 (1 review written)

This is being written mainly due to the extended warranty offered through Mapfre Abraxas! When i purchased the car stone chips were supposed to have been removed which had been done completely and what had been done wasn't to a very high standard. Check tyre pressure warning light on when car was taken home which i then had to take back to the dealership. Replacement key wasn't available when car was purchased which i was told would be available that within the next two weeks. I was never… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to MrH193's Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

Hi – We are sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with a wheel bearing on the car you purchased from us.

Whilst preparing a car for sale, we will “touch in” small stone chips, we are sorry if you were not happy with these, we do aim to improve any stone chips. Likewise, if the spare key had not arrived prior to you collecting your car from us, it is part of the Available Car Provenance to supply a second key with all cars sold, if you had to contact us for updates, we apologise.

According to your review, your car was returned for a “tyre pressure warning light”, I hope this was rectified quickly, efficiently and to your satisfaction by our aftersales team?

Available Car Ltd aim to offer customers value for money, treat all customers fairly and offer “World Class Service”. Therefore, we are very disappointed that you have only rated us with “1 star” and titled your review “Avoid Like The Plague”. It appears that we are being criticised due to the wheel bearing needing to be replaced, after collection?

It is unclear from your review, what car you purchased, when or from which Available Car branch?

The mechanical breakdown insurance you purchased is to provide cover for the unexpected. The policy covers mechanical and electrical failure of factory fitted components (as per the policy documents). We are more than happy to help or advise you, if you could contact your supplying branch, directly, we will be happy to assist you. Regards The Available Car Team.

Harrijames's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2014

world class service ????????????? who are you trying to kid just look at your score NOT EVERYBODY IS WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

“Don't always take notice of poor reviews. ”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by Danseller (1 review written)

I have today collected my car from Castle Donnington branch. i travelled over 130 miles by train to collect it. And just had a fabulous drive home in it. My car was of a higher value level on their stock holding and yet the first time i laid eyes on it was today. I trusted my judgement, and research. After a shaky start with 'available' (due to communication more than anything, they do have a lot of staff) they were more than helpful when i decided to send in the AA for a comprehensive test… Read Full Review

Carlajane123's Response to Danseller's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

if you had gone to bmw you would have got rest of manufacturers warranty and extra year bmw warranty plus mot warranty plus breakdown cover with like for like courtesy car which is the best i know of so dont really think you saved at all against main dealer bmw as from my experience they will do everything to keep a customer happy as repeat business is the heart of their ethos also condeming everyone elses reviews as biased is unfair a good company that gets complaints deals with them in availible cars case you can research on internet have had many scrapes with authorities over the years unfortunately a leopard dosnt often change its spots saying that i hope your car treats you well and that you have trouble free motoring

Danseller's reply to Carlajane123's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2014

i think you obviously had a bad experience with available. my point was to do your own due diligence, my car is as described and the history i traced completely and irrevocably via the previous one owner, and the main dealer that owner had been a customer of for 40yrs. it all fitted as to how available ended up with it. i have AA membership anyway regarding breakdown. i have over a year of bmw warranty left and free bmw servicing until 2017. The bottom line was a £2500 saving on an identical "like for like" i did speak to two main agents before purchasing and they were less than ecstatic about taking anything off the ticket price, as you say may have thrown in something like breakdown or extended warranty another year, that i just don't need. the financial liability is not the monthly payments, its the total you owe someone in life, the main dealer just said they will make the finance fit, ( so still £2500 dearer then) my experience with bmw main agents previously has not been the same as yours I'm afraid. they are pompous, and stuffy, even last year i tried twice to buy a brand new X3 and failed miserably to get to sit in one or drive one (3 times i just turned up to find no-one available to see me) and I'm not in the position to know when i can make appointments for these things. i think my heading comment is fair, i.e. "Don't ALWAYS take notice of poor reviews" I'm also sure you are right too, but this review is about what i found, not anyone else. thank you i also hope my motoring is trouble free!

Available Car's Response to Danseller's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear Danseller – Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience when buying a car from Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington).

We are always looking to improve our service and have recently extended our hours until 10pm at night to be able to answer enquiries via email and telephone, this is already proving popular with our customers and this will allow a prompt response to all enquiries made. Our ethos, is to offer customers value for money, treat all customers fairly and offer “World Class Service”.

It is our company policy not to use review sites, as we believe they are easily accessed by anybody, are open to abuse and not always factual or credible. However, to read a genuine customer review, who has bought and collected a car from us, is fantastic, thank you.

We are delighted that you are happy with your new car and that you were looked after by our team, we will ensure your kind comments are passed onto all involved. Kind Regards The Available Car Team.

“Cars not checked before being sold and poor customer...”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by Kincaid1964 (1 review written)

We chose a 62 plate Audi A3 from Available Car on the A5 in Cannock in April 2014. We looked over the vehicle, under the bonnet and took it for a test drive. The car was quite dirty as it had been standing for a while. It was the car we wanted - right model, age, mileage etc. However we queried the two front tyres. They didn't match the rear and both front tyres were different makes and tread from each other. The staff at Available Car said it was company policy only to supply tyres with a… Read Full Review

“Average buying experience and very poor after sales”

Written on: 07/06/2014 by haydn.s (1 review written)

The first part of my experience was average, wasn't bad but then wasn't a massively good experience. There waa alot of waiting around which can be understood as they seemed quite busy but when you arrange alot of it over the phone I didn't expect to wait that long but they where all friendly and helpful as well as trying to get everything sorted properly. The second part which is currently still ongoing is quite appalling. A problem was discovered with the cars steering lock and controls after… Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Response to haydn.s's Review

Written on: 07/06/2014

Thanks for your warning Im after a Audi A3 and after reading all the bad reviews Im staying well clear. Its funny how the dealer only responds to good comments, that says it all really! 90% of the reviews are 1 or 2 stars .Thanks for your warning!

Available Car's reply to Harryslotter's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2014

We appreciate any review written regarding an issue after taking collection of a car may be read as a “warning” however it is important for us to point out that we do not build nor manufacture the cars we sell. We pride ourselves on “Customer Service, Value for Money and Treating Customers Fairly”. Unfortunately, mechanical items may go wrong and occasionally fail, if this does happen, we will ensure our customers are looked after.
I hope you will take this into consideration when you are looking to buy an Audi A3. Please visit Available Car Ltd, it will allow you the opportunity to see what makes us different. Regards The Available Car Team

Available Car's Response to haydn.s's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

We are sorry that you had to return your car to us under guarantee. We do appreciate, that keeping our customers updated with the progress of the repair is very important, if we did not achieve this during your visit, we sincerely apologise.

Having investigated the issue, I can confirm that we received your car at Castle Donington on Thursday 5th June. The work was referred to the Ford Dealer, the reason for this was that the car was still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, therefore should a repair have been necessary, under warranty, this would have been approved by Ford and repaired as soon as possible. It was noted that the two issues that you were experiencing were unrelated. Unfortunately the steering wheel controls were no longer working, this was a fuse that needed to be replaced, wiring was checked during the repair process to ensure that this would rectify the fault, after testing the controls, they worked as they should, and this was a straight forward repair.

With regard to the steering lock/steering column issue, upon investigation by Ford, they reported that a bracket within the column needed to be replaced. This was the cause of the steering lock only working when the steering column was all the way out. We were notified by Ford on the afternoon of Monday 9th June, following this, we authorised the parts to be ordered and the work to be completed.
The car was returned to our Castle Donington branch and tested by us on Thursday 12th June, once we had checked the operation of the reported faults, we notified you that the car was ready to be collected.

I can confirm that the repair was carried out at Ford and covered by the Available Car Ltd 3 month/3000 mile guarantee. Wear related items are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

We apologise that you were waiting for a progress report, we accept this will have been frustrating for you, also for any inconvenience caused. We hope you enjoy many miles of trouble free motoring and we hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards The Available Car Team.

“AVAILABLE CAR .WARNING.”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by anCraig343 (1 review written)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. SPEND YOUR WELL EARNED CASH ELSEWHERE. THEY GIVE YOU ROCK BOTTOM PRICE FOR YOUR CAR THEN SELL YOU A CAR AT A SIMMULAR PRICE TO A FRANCISE DEALER. THEN IF PROBLEM WITH YOUR CAR BOUGHT FOM THEM.DONT WANT TO KNOW . YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY AWAY FROM AVAILABLE CAR. PS THERE CARS ARE NOT GOOD VALUE… Read Full Review

“Happy Chappy”

Written on: 30/05/2014 by Spikey01 (1 review written)

After looking at the website and selecting several vehicles I went to Castle Donington where I purchased Vauxhall Corsa on 1st May. Have experienced a couple on issues with the vehicle I can only praise the efforts of the staff to resolve them. They were extremely pleasant and totally professional in handling my complaints about the car. They truly went over and above to make sure all the issues were rectified to my satisfaction. It's true to say that sometimes a "product" can be a let… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Spikey01's Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Dear Spikey01 Thank you for your refreshing, honest and kind comments regarding your recent experience when dealing with Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington). We are sorry to hear you had a couple of issues after collection but are extremely happy with the way the “Available Car Team” rectified your issues.
Reviews such as this one are a credit to our team and your praise will bring a great deal of satisfaction to all involved. Thank you again and we hope to deal with you (and your relatives, friends and colleagues that you have recommended!!) again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

“Poor work”

Written on: 28/05/2014

I ve had my car back number of times for poor work/ repair car bin back more times for the same thing PAINT keeps comeing off. It's just a quick fix to get the car out the door. After so long don't want to no as it's bin a on going problem for day. ADVISE HAVE A GOOD LOOK WHEN BUYING… Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

If this is a genuine customer review, we are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your purchase from Available Car Ltd.

Unfortunately, your review is incredibly vague. With such limited details it is very hard to respond. It is unclear what car you purchased, what actual issue you have or are experiencing, when the car was purchased or from which branch?

Available Car Ltd include a 3 month/3000 mile guarantee with every car sold, if any issues were to arise within our guarantee period, we should be contacted as soon as possible.

With regard to your comment, “Have a good look when buying”, we advise, whilst shopping online with us, to look at the copies of our “Workshop Routing Sheet” which are displayed for every car on our website. These detail all work completed by Available Car Ltd whilst preparing the car for sale, in addition to viewing online, we can also provide a copy for all cars whilst shopping with us onsite at any of our 3 showrooms.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington) and we will try to resolve any reasonable complaint.

“very good ”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by HarperKane347 (1 review written)

Bought a hyundai coupe in April, very pleased. Car looked great, was serviced and had a full MOT, was also valeted.. No problems at all. My advice, ignore the negative reviews and look for yourself. Buying a car is always risky, you need to make sure it's the car for you. I've seen the reviews slating available car because their car was slow... And it was a 1.2 litre. Honestly, make your own judgement… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Thank you for your excellent comments about Available Car Ltd. We are really pleased that you are enjoying your recent purchase and we hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

“So far, so good”

Written on: 09/05/2014 by NormalNorman (1 review written)

Bought an A3 Quattro from AC Castle Donnington. Sale was mostly good, but they didn't tell me about the drive-away insurance, just gave me the V5C and told me to come back with tax and insurance. They did an MOT even though there were several months left, and replaced the back disks and pads, which I though was very decent. One minus was they had removed all the mats. I would have preferred to have the choice. This is now causing me a PITA. It turned out to be sans-Quattro. Found out that… Read Full Review

Normalnorman's Response to NormalNorman's Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

Took it in yesterday first thing. Handed over a letter explaining my claim.
All was dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction. I requested the car go to an AUDI main service center, as the Haldex fault would be complex.
I also added in a request for a split under tray to be replaced, and for AC to ask AUDI to replace part of the rear door trim which was corroding (under the AUDI 12-year anti-corrosion warrantee).
I had an update phone call from AC that afternoon to explain what was happening. As promised, the car was taken to Derby AUDI, where it remains.
AC customer service now *****.

Normalnorman's reply to Normalnorman's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

Derby AUDI diagnosed hydraulic pump failure. Oil was contaminated and pump blocked. New oil and new pump, and fault codes cleared. Returned to AC after clean and polish. AC then checked it was working, put a new undertray on, and replaced the corroded trim in the door (AUDI had refused to cover it).
The courtesy car I had was a new Vauxhall Astra, which was fine.
Collected the car this morning, and the AWD is ACE.
Very happy with the way AC handled the whole thing. Very glad I bought from them. Now 5* for both service and value.

Available Car's Response to NormalNorman's Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to update your recent experience with Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington). We are very pleased that your repair was completed quickly, efficiently and to your satisfaction. Your positive comments will be shared with all the Available Car team and everyone involved in the repair. Thank you for the 5 Star comment, it is appreciated.
We hope you enjoy your car and hope to do business again with you in the future.
Kind regards The Available Car Team.

“ripped me off”

Written on: 09/05/2014

I brought a vw passat in March 2013. I now wanted to part echangeand have now been told its worth half the value. You can not lose that much value in one year unlesd sold to high in first place . Really unhappy… Read Full Review

Harryslotter's Comment