AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Antara”

Written on: 23/05/2016

Contacted Available Car about Antara that had arrived to themselves, but not on show yet ,The young man at Rainbows (who was very helpful)said he could arrange the car to come over to main sales at Cannock for us to test drive. We went to the car sales ,who are all very friendly staff,We took the car for a test drive and fell in love with it ,we dealt with a young man who had only been with them a few weeks ,but was very knowledgeable,of the car and extra products you could Purchase.For… Read Full Review

“Broken Promises”

Written on: 16/05/2016 by Turner436 (1 review written)

Three thing they promised to do weren't done when I went to pick up the car. Don't trust the sales people… Read Full Review

“Very poor customer service ”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by Underwood260 (1 review written)

Advised by available car have a diagnostic check by Vauxhall who then did remedial work and available car won't recompense work carried (not even as a goodwill gesture) because they say the correct process was not followed How bad is that?… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/05/2016

Dear Underwood260 – We are sorry to read that you feel you have received “very poor customer service” from Available Car Ltd?

Unfortunately your comments are quite vague, we do not know what car you purchased, when and from which Available Car branch or why your car required a “diagnostic check by Vauxhall”?

Should any “aftersales” assistance be required whilst under our guarantee, we do insist that the car is returned to us, to have any work completed, as we do not pay any third party repairs.

If you require any help or assistance with your car, please contact Available Car Ltd so we can arrange a visit under guarantee.

Should you wish to discuss your experience, we would be happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying Available Car Ltd branch at your earliest convenience, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when you contact us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Really good service after a poor initial start!”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by vidge02 (1 review written)

I'll start with the good: The sales team at Sutton in Ashfield do not pressure you at all and will let you test drive any car in the showroom without trying to force you into buying. If you want to just walk around and look then it's no problem. I found the car I liked and they gave me a part-ex price for my old car which I was happy with. Arranged a day after work for me to collect the car and their handover team sorted all the paperwork for me there and then, leaving me to just send off the… Read Full Review

“Warranty not worth the paper it's written on”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by Wyattec1965 (1 review written)

Hi, we purchased a car back in 2013. The car had 5000 on the clock we took out the five year warranty because that was the term of the loan. However a few months ago the car developed a gearbox problem to cut a long story short the car needs a new gearbox and clutch at the cost of £3500, the mileage is only 35000. Anyway the insurance company is refusing to pay out claiming its wear and tear. Everytime I contact available car nobody contacts me back. Am currently in contact with my lawyers… Read Full Review

“Incompetent, unprofessional and rude ”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by Rossu399 (1 review written)

We visited available car due to knowing it had just opened this year and passing it everyday (although barely see anyone drive away with a car). Yes they have a lot of cars. However many are overpriced for age/mileage of each car. Nevertheless after spending a good while there found a car that was just outside the price range we wanted but would have stretched too with everything we were looking for. We went back to our salesman who said they did not have that car on their system for that… Read Full Review

“Wasted journey to Castle Donnington”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by vaughan53 (1 review written)

I saw a white 2013 Toyota Aygo advertised on Autotrader at Available Car at Castle Donnington site for £3600 and rang up today to check it was still available and was told it was so I arranged an appointment to view at 4.30pm, I drove the 45 miles to get there to be told it's £5999 and theres nothing we can do their salesperson told me so drove back 45 miles very angry and disappointed. I won't be going there again… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to vaughan53's Review

Written on: 15/04/2016

Hi – We are sorry that your recent visit to us was not successful. We fully appreciate how disappointed you will have been having travelled to view a car that was incorrectly priced on a third party website.

Having listened to the telephone call, we accept that we should have confirmed the price with you before you came to see us, however with this being the only White, Automatic Toyota Aygo in stock at Castle Donington, our Customer Helper confirmed the car was available to be viewed, test driven and purchased but no conversation was had regarding price, we will address this within our team training to prevent any possible reoccurrence.

The car was advertised on availablecar and was priced correctly in our stocklist and onsite at Castle Donington.

Please accept our apologises for any misunderstanding on our behalf, we would not intend to upset any potential customer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

Vaughan53's reply to Available Car's Comment

How about some compensation for the fuel wasted in coming to your site

Vaughan53's reply to Available Car's Comment

How about some compensation for the fuel wasted in coming to your site

“Great after sales ”

Written on: 25/03/2016 by Stokes34 (1 review written)

I bought a ca from the castle donnington branch. The sales team were helpful although a bit pushy on trying to sell me the expensive warranty. After I had the car for a week I found a few problems with it and got in touch with the after sales team who were super. They gave me a courtesy car while mine was sorted out and phoned me with updates. When I picked my car up they had washed it. Excellent service by all of them… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Dear Stokes34 – Thank you for your kind comments regarding your Aftersales visit at Available Car Ltd - Castle Donington, they are very much appreciated.

We are delighted that you were pleased and will ensure that your positive comments are shared with the Aftersales Team and our Workshop. Regards The Available Car team.

“No negotiation or incentive to buy.”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by Corinney167 (1 review written)

Low part exchange price. The price of the car is the price. No negotiation. Waste of time. People expect to haggle. Won't be going back or recommending Available Cars… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Hi – We are disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your shopping experience at Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately without knowing who you are, which branch you visited or when we cannot offer a personalised response.

Every part exchange car is valued accurately onsite at each of our 4 branches, our part exchange prices are realistic values, not low. Our screen price is a transaction price so that our customers know how much it is going to cost to buy, without haggle or negotiation. We offer our cars at the best price possible to every customer that visits us, this is to make sure there is no preferential treatment. Just the same price for everyone.

Every Available Car has our Price Promise, so no need to waste your time on haggling or negotiating, you can simply See, Test Drive and Buy.

Shopping for a car with Available Car is an easy process, everything is fixed, and we are proud of that. We encourage everyone to come and shop with us with fixed price used cars at the best possible price or we’ll refund the difference! Regards The Available Car Team.

Written on: 06/04/2016

“Don't get fooled ”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by charlotte411 (1 review written)

Went to look at a car in Sutton-in-Ashfield we were looking for a Ford Galaxy. First of all the prices are way to high to say they not a Ford Dealers very overpriced. Then as we discussed the Part exchange of our vehicle they came back with the lowest part exchange price we ever had. Before this visit we had been to 3 more independent dealers who had all quoted us £12,000 however, Available car had told us that our car was only worth £11,000? Little did the sales guy know that my husband was… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to charlotte411's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

We are sorry your visit to Available Car did not meet with your expectations. We have tried to contact you by telephone to discuss your visit but have been unable to make contact. If you could make contact with our Sutton in Ashfield branch we would be more than happy to discuss with you.

“So Helpful and Kind!!”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by VictoriaD89 (1 review written)

Iv been needing to get a new car for a fair while now and my dream car has ALWAYS been a Mini....thanks to Available Car at Sutton in Ashfield my dream has come true and I'm now driving a Mini Cooper S!! After finding one on there website one late afternoon, I rang straight away and spoke to a very helpful bloke who went through the part exchange with me then said someone would ring me back shortly, which they did within half hour, went through the finance questions and then the following day… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to VictoriaD89's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Thanks for your kind words with regard to your experience of buying a car through Available Car. We will pass on your feedback to all our team that looked after you. We wish you many happy miles in your Mini Cooper. Kind regards the Available Car team.

Available Car's Response to VictoriaD89's Review

Written on: 06/04/2016

“Buy car”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by Porscheman12345 (1 review written)

Was going to look at a few cars. But after reading the reviews. I think I will give it a miss… Read Full Review

“Poor after sales service”

Written on: 26/02/2016 by Johnny-rook (1 review written)

Bought a used Freelander costing £14,999 from the Cannock branch of Available Car. Also purchased their Platinum Warranty costing £759. Sales team very pleasant and efficient, car was lovely and the purchase was very easy. Received paperwork through the post a few days later and this is where the problems begin. The purchase date for both the car and the warranty were incorrect meaning that I would lose a day on my warranty cover. I also traded in my old car and the date for this… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Johnny-rook's Review

Written on: 08/03/2016

We would like to apologise on behalf of management and staff at Available Car Cannock for your experience. The vehicle was invoiced and the warranty set up for the original collection date on Friday 12th February. When you arrived to first view and take delivery of the car on the Friday there were some minor cosmetic improvements you asked us to attempt to improve. It was also early evening so we agreed for you to come back in the daylight on the Saturday to view the car in better light and take delivery.

On the Monday the Customer Service Manager who finalised the sale with yourself, should have arranged for the date to be amended and for new documentation to be posted to you. When you queried this 10 days later with him he asked our administration team to arrange this. The subsequent phone calls are a serious concern and we have addressed this with the staff involved using our phone monitoring system.

The terms and conditions were contained within the original “summary” booklet, and construct the majority of this booklet. Available car appreciate how this could be made clearer and appreciate your feedback.

A Showroom Manager phoned you to discuss these points you raised in an email before we were aware of this review. The Cannock Branch Manager also subsequently called you to personally offer our sincere apologies for your experience and will address the points you have highlighted. On behalf of management and staff at Available Car Cannock we would like to wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring.

“Lied to”

Written on: 20/02/2016 by CaitlynPeters (1 review written)

Purchased a Nissan micro 3 years ago no problems mechanically but purchased on HP for three years. Told by the salesman that if I I paid for it early I would not have to pay the three hundred pound admit n charge. This was untrue beacause I went to the bank to pay it early but informed this information was not correct so I still ended up paying the administrative charge I got no response from the company they had my money end of story. No way would I visit this company again beware of the sales… Read Full Review

“do not buy from available car”

Written on: 18/02/2016 by Bradfordian (1 review written)

Bought a car from them very poor part exchange price as salesman said my car would be put back into trade as not suitable for retail by them.Few days later my car for sale at their site £3000 above my part exchange price!In all 5 persons dealt with my purchase felt like I was on a conveyor belt-the salesman never even acknowledged me when I picked up my "new car" Would not recommend this company… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Bradfordian's Review

Written on: 25/02/2016

Dear Bradfordian – Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent purchase at Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately your comment doesn’t indicate what car you purchased, when or from which Available Car branch, therefore we cannot offer a personalised response.

As a business we do sell our cars for more money than we have paid for them (when possible!). We allow for preparation costs, overheads, advertising, wages and we hope to make a profit when selling a car, it allows us to buy more cars and continue the process of buying, preparing, advertising and selling high quality, well prepared used cars.

We are sorry you felt like you were on a “conveyer belt”, we are saddened to read this. We strive to offer World Class Customer Service, therefore we have a team of “Helpers”, “Customer Service Managers” and a dedicated “Handover Team”. For this reason more than one individual will look after you whilst shopping with us. However we agree “5 people” is more than we would expect.

Available Car agree that is not acceptable to not be acknowledged by the person who looked after you when buying your car, we apologise on behalf of the team member, and we can assure you we would not deliberately ignore a customer.

We would be happy to discuss your dissatisfaction with you, if you would like to contact your supplying Available Car branch and mention your “Review Centre” comments, we will ensure the correct member of our team contact you.

May we take the opportunity to wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring in your “Available Car”. Regards The Available Car Team.

Bradfordian's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 29/02/2016

Just the sort of reply I expected- nothing about being lied to about sale of my part exchange car-I do not like dishonest people and will never deal with this company again.In the past I have bought cars from The Car People at Wakefield and never had a problem-good honest dealers.On this occasion they did not have the car I wanted hence my visit to Available Car-BIG MISTAKE.

“Somewhat dissatisfied ”

Written on: 12/02/2016 by Blake151 (1 review written)

I bought my first "available car" 8 years ago, and enjoyed many years happy motoring with no problems, however, I decided to buy a second car from the same branch (Sutton in Ashfield) and the blooming thing has been an utter nail! I've had the AA out nearly 10 times is under 2 years. Among other issues the turbo pipe broke, the water pump seized, and it is currently off the road with a snapped camshaft! I've reported these issues to the branch manager and been basically told "tough luck… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/02/2016

We are sorry to hear you have experienced issues with the vehicle you purchased from us in February 2014.

However we have no record of your vehicle ever coming into available car for any repairs in the two years you have owned the vehicle. You state our manager basically told you tough luck mate when you made a phonecall, what our manager said was that after a year of owning the car and doing 30,000 miles, is that it is out of the available car guarantee, but if you were having issues with the car we would give you a fair part exchange price for the vehicle, which you declined.

We heard nothing more from you until you contacted us by phone in February 2016 stating the car is a bag of nails and you have had nothing but problems. We again explained that after two years of ownership and the vehicle never coming into us for a single fault, that there is nothing available car can do.

We have contacted the third party warranty provider to see if any claims have been made by yourself as your vehicle has never been to available car for any faults in the two years since purchase. They have advised us that your vehicle has now done 95,906 miles, a total of 41,000 miles since purchase and you have just made your first claim for a snapped camshaft which is due to an over tensioned cambelt, which you had changed by an independent garage 5,000 miles ago.

We pride ourselves at available car of treating every customer fairly, however we are not responsible for another garages work.

Should you wish to discuss this any further, please feel free to contact our Sutton in Ashfield branch, when contacting us, please mention your “review centre comment”. Regards the Available Car Team.

Fatheroffaith's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2016

Sadly, I do not live close enough to your site to be able to bring it to you when it stops working.
As for the warranty people, every time I have contacted them they have talked me out of pursuing a claim with them.
At the end of the day the level of customer service I have received from you throughout my ownership of this vehicle has been woeful, which is very sad as my last experience was a very good one.
As for the "independent garage", that was the garage your warranty company instructed me to take it to when the water pump seized. Part of the job of changing the water pump is chsnging the belt, they informed me however that all they would consider paying for was the pump (£30), not the belt kit needed to do the job or the labour, as most of the labour cost would be related to the belt. As this job (at the garage they told me to take it to) was over £300, getting a £30 rebate some weeks/months down the line hardly seemed with it.
At the end of the day you sold me a " reliable " car that c has turned out to be anything but reliable and have had no interest in seeing the car or having a conversation about it since I bought it.
On the multitude of occasions that I have offered to bring the car back once it had been fixed, I have been told that there is no point.
Your customer service levels are shocking.

“Price promise - joke”

Written on: 07/02/2016

Do not take any notice of this company's Price Promise - its a joke! It would be interesting to see the stats re: what % of customers invoking the promise actually get a refund! It's designed in such a way that it's virtually impossible for available car to pay unless you were to find the exact same car - and I mean the exact same! I contacted the sales person who sold me my car the very same day and informed him I'd found the same vehicle for almost £1k cheaper - the only difference being… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2016

Dear Guest – Thanks for taking the time to comment about the “Available Car Price Promise”.

We are concerned that you have not heard back regarding the “Price Promise” you submitted, if you can contact us directly and quote your “Review Centre” comment we will be more than happy to give you a decision. We can assure you it is not a joke and should another Car Supermarket or Main Dealer be selling a car for less, we are happy to adjust our price.

Our “Price Promise” is simple, full details are listed on our site. Should your submitted “Price Promise” be equal to our car, we will be delighted to match it for you. Regards The Available Car Team.

Leannem1116's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2016

We've had the same problem!! Found the exact same car - colour, model, year, mileage & spec for cheaper elsewhere and asked for a price match - and they said one was registered December & the other January (both 63 plate) so wouldn't price match!!! How irrelevant is this?!?! They do not live up to the price match promise. After buying 6 cars from here over the years, safe to say there will not be another after this experience!

Written on: 13/02/2016

Did they tell you when you enquired or took delivery how the vehicle has been used?Has it been a self drive hire car? Taxi, Driving school car?

Slawley3011's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2016

No they didn't and to be honest I didn't ask. Having looked at the log book the previous owner is recorded as Hertz rent a car!

“Do not use available car”

Written on: 02/02/2016

About 10 months ago I purchased a car from available car, and im now at a point where I pay 2k+ in repair costs or scrap my car. The faults started at 7 months first the wiper motor burns out, now I have no air bags, no stop start, no emergency fuel cut off and a major engine fault. I appreciate that faults develop with cars but the catalogue of problems for a car I had only done 7000 miles in is atrocious. And this isn't the first time I've been stung but twice with available car my first car… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/02/2016

Had my second call from available car today yet again pointless. Not sure what I was expecting but certainly not advice about getting parts from a breakers yard. Unlike them the mechanic I use prides himself on his work and won't use parts that might be damaged he doesn't want me returning with the same problem. The help offered by available car again. buy my car, can't see me getting much back on a car needing lots of work or part exchange. Well my last endeavour into the world of finance with available car ended up me having to pay off the finance in one sum, so I could get rid of it as I sunk hundreds into a car that managed to fail all but one MOT, it even failed it's first mot with a big list of problems! I've asked available car not to contact me again because it was absolutely pointless. if they didnt intend to help with the nail Ive purchased I would of preferred they didnt get back to me. Yet again appreciate cars breakdown but with 2 cars from them in the first year both with multiple problems damned if I use them again.

Written on: 13/02/2016

Hi no they didn't tell me what it was previously. But with talk about breakers yards I'm starting to believe that's what's been used in this car

Written on: 03/02/2016

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with the car you purchased from us in April 2015.

At the time of purchase we do offer every customer the option to purchase an extended warranty, this is a policy that can pay for unexpected repairs. Our records show, you decided not to purchase any additional cover. Therefore due to the period of time that you have owned the car, the responsibility to pay for the repair, is with the owner, not the supplier.

Your car was not returned to us at any time or for any reason whilst guaranteed by Available Car Ltd. The first time we were contacted was by email, in February 2016, claiming we sell ‘bad cars’. We contacted you to find out what was wrong with your car and to advise that we were unable to repair the car for you given the amount of time passed since you purchased the vehicle. We did advise that your issues may be connected, not separate, it may be worth asking the garage to explore this. This was deemed unhelpful by you during the phone call and we were told “if we were only going to offer advice, don’t bother”.

We do not manipulate “independent reviews” like other companies do.

With the regards to the second comment, we have tried to help and advise on possible solutions to the problem.

Should you wish to discuss this any further, please feel free to contact our Castle Donington branch, when contacting us, please mention your “Review Centre comment”. Regards The Available Car team.

Written on: 08/02/2016

In my case I have been sold a bad car twice. As to the warranty I was on a budget and could not afford the extra amount on cover. But that's why I went with available car I thought it was a reputable dealership I didn't realise I would be spending £2000 on repair costs 11 months later. As to the warranty I emailed the warranty company they have yet to reply to me if the multiair is even covered.

As to your comment about manipulating independent reviews why even mention this because I didn't. And about me "mentioning my comment" if I contact you. why? would I treated differently if I did so?

Regards Stungtwice

Written on: 28/02/2016

An update on my car still off the road only £1000 to save for now. Available car washed there hands of this nail. Please do not use them they will glady take your money but once your out or sight forget any thought of customer service absolutely atrocious.

“Hassle Free Car Purchase...Top After market service”

Written on: 29/01/2016 by Brits123 (1 review written)

Sorry this review is a bit late...but just had to tell you about my very very positive experience purchasing a car from Available Car Cannock So I knew what car I was after, searched Available Cars website found the car I wanted at there Cannock branch, then it was this simple Phoned to book test drive...turned up was given time to look over the car...I'm an engineer in the automotive industry, so went over it with a fine tooth comb, went back into showroom to meet the lady who arranged test… Read Full Review

“Not impressed with service or quality of car.”

Written on: 28/01/2016

I had my new car for about 6 months and overall not happy! When buying our new car we decided not to go ahead with extended warranty because we thought the car would be soled by available car in exceptional quality but we was wrong. Firstly the coolant ran out the next day then the windscreen wash then we noticed it had a slow puncture one brake light blown! And I have to say the feel of the car is shocking! I payed over 7k with interest on our new car but sounds like a bag of nails when… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/01/2016

Thanks for taking the time to “review” Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately your comments do not tell us which branch you purchased your vehicle from, when or if you currently have a problem with the car you purchased?

We are sorry to hear that you had problems after collection, did you report these issues to Available Car, if so, were they rectified?

Treating customers fairly is very important to us. We are happy to help/advice our customers wherever possible, should you need any assistance, or if you would like to discuss your purchase, please feel free to contact your supplying branch (or ring Castle Donington). Please mention this review when contacting us. We hope you will use us again in the future. Regards The Available Car Team.

Written on: 29/01/2016