AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Disgraceful place - a true Arthur Daily Motors”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by Yoselin134 (1 review written)

I bought my Audi a few months ago and the problems started before I even got the car off the forecourt. When I saw the car it was in prep so I could forgive the fact that it was filth and was still having some repairs done. The test drive was far too short and pointed out that I wanted to take it to motorway speeds down the A50, not 2 mins round the block to the Plank and Letgit Pub car park. I was told this was not possible due to insurance reasons and if I didn’t like it then "don't buy… Read Full Review

“shocking aftersales care”

Written on: 19/11/2014 by 366Leslie (1 review written)

I was very disappointed with the shoddy aftersales service which was recieved after spending a substanstial amount of money for a Honda CRV- the sale was agreed with a deposit 6 days prior to collection, in which time a spare key should have been cut and coded and the missing owners manual should have been replaced. The key arrived in the post which was blank(uncut & not coded) and told we could drive the 160 mile round at our convienience to get it cut and coded, this should have been dealt… Read Full Review

“After sales care”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by Goose0981 (1 review written)

Not happy to help at all my car is still under warranty and you expect me to keep traveling back an forth great distance at my expense when the matter can be simply resolved within a hour. Its your way or not at all once you have the sale you wash your hands of any customer relations i am very unhappy and will not be saying a good word about you in future… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Goose0981's Review

Written on: 16/12/2014

Dear Goose0981 – We are sorry to read that you have experienced a problem with the car you purchased from us.

It is unclear from your review, what issue you are currently experiencing, you only say “the matter can be simply resolved within an hour”? We do not know what car you purchased, from which branch or when? We are unsure if this is a fault that you want us to resolve under our guarantee or if it is regarding the manufactures warranty? You state the car is “still under warranty”?

With the Available Car guarantee, we are happy to help/resolve any issues. As part of our guarantee, it is agreed at the time of purchase that if any repairs are needed, the car is required to be returned to us. We do not pay third party invoices or other garage bills. If you would like to arrange a booking with us, please contact us directly.

You mention that you “have to travel back and forth a great distance”, if you are returning to Available Car and if it is more convenient for you to visit one of our other branches, we are happy to make those arrangements for you.

It is disappointing that you feel Available Car “wash your hands of any customer relations” after the car has been purchased, this statement is untrue, wherever possible Available Car will always help. If you are making a complaint that you need to return your car to us, for us to work on the car under guarantee, that is the way our (and most) guarantee(s) work. We are more than happy to help, if you can inform us of the issue that needs resolving, we will help as quickly as possible.

Regards The Available Car Team.

“Excellent service throughout”

Written on: 31/10/2014 by MaverickMcPherson24 (1 review written)

I've brought many cars from Available car Sutton in Ashfield and have never received a bad experience. From part exchange, sales process and after sales I can honestly say I have been very pleased with the service received from this Branch. I have recommended this company and branch to many friends and family and again they were very happy with the service too. Their is a drinks machine in branch and the drinks are approx 25p so will hardly break the bank. Unlike a dealership they sell 100s of… Read Full Review

“problem after problem”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by Breannab129 (1 review written)

I bought my car 3 months ago and so far it has been back 5 times. As soon as i got it i noticed the tracking was out and then i was informed the electrics in one the back doors didn't work. If cars were quality checked then these things would be picked up straight away. They are more than happy to sell you a car quickly but your car will spend more time back there than you will have it on your drive. Ive had people since tell me that i shouldn't have gone there. Does make it easier when… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Dear Breannab129 – We are very sorry to hear that your car has been returned under guarantee since collecting your car from us and apologise for the inconvenience this will have caused. Unfortunately, without knowing what car you have, or which branch the car was purchased from it is very difficult to give a personalised response. Although, 5 times is a lot. I am unsure from this review, if this was 5 visits for one (reoccurring or intermittent) issue, or separate issues? Whichever, I hope the problem has now been resolved for you?

We are concerned about your comment that you “Shouldn’t have gone there”? We pride ourselves on our customer service levels, before, during and after the sale. Our customer feedback is very important to us, we would be happy to discuss you experience with you, please contact us if you wish to do so.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

“used to work there, avoid!”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by roosel (1 review written)

This review is slightly different as its about the quality of the cars but also the management there. I am not having a personal dig just because i want revenge or anything silly like that but part truth of what i learned at my time there. After 3 months working for available car (castle don) it was really good, funny work partners , modern equipment, learning on modern cars and better pay but then i started to realise a lot more, we had to do dodgey and bodge repairs to be made as cheap as… Read Full Review

Mrbobp's Response to roosel's Review

Written on: 16/11/2014

Excellent review giving e tough information for potential customer to.make sure they have an independent inspection carried out by A A or similar if they have a vehicle they are interested in. Thanks for taking the time to share this with others.

“Vauhall Insignia starting problems”

Written on: 02/10/2014 by RAMS10 (1 review written)

I just want to thank the aftersales team at Castle Doningtngton for their excellent service namely Fergus and Tim the car had electrical problems which prevented the car from starting twice on the first few weeks I had it. I brought the car on 18/8/14 and it failed to start twice the first time we were due to go to Wales on holiday and they sent a recovery team plus a courtesy car to our house then took the car back to your site it was back to me a day later in time to use it for the… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to RAMS10's Review

Written on: 24/10/2014

Thank you for your excellent comments about Available Car Ltd. We are really pleased that you are enjoying your recent purchase and we hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

Available Car's Response to RAMS10's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

Thank you very much for your positive comments Mr Rosser. It is unfortunate but from time to time faults do occur with cars. We hope if any problems do occur we can deal with them quickly, efficiently and at the minimum of inconvenience. We are delighted to read this was achieved, especially considering you were due to go on holiday!
Your praise for the Aftersales Team will be passed on and will be shared with the whole team, fantastic customer comments and testimonies are very much appreciated.
Customer service is very important to us and your excellent review is a credit to the whole Available Car Team. Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your business and wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring. We hope to do business again with you in the future. Kind regards The Available Car Team

“Awful After Care ”

Written on: 30/09/2014 by DJS21 (1 review written)

I purchased a vauxhall meriva 2 months ago and took out the extra warranty for £30 a month as it includes break down covet and a courtesy car if required . After approximately 6 weeks the car began to frequently judder for no apparent reason and felt like it was losing power when changing gear. When the engine management light began to flash and the traction control switched itself off for no apparent reason It was obviousl something was amiss . After ringing available car on a Sunday we… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to DJS21's Review

Written on: 17/10/2014

Dear DJS21 – Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington).

We viewed your car on Tuesday 30th September after it was reported to us that you had experienced an issue with the electrics, the engine management light was on, traction control light was on, the engine stutters/misfires and that code 21 comes on when selecting reverse gear. We allocated a “waiting” appointment (the following day) to inspect and diagnose the issue.

Upon viewing your car, no fault was found. The car was driving as we would expect it to, no engine management light was illuminated, nor was the car juddering. We carried out a diagnostic check, no faults or trouble codes were stored. It was an intermittent issue, therefore not always present, we asked if the fault was to reoccur, please contact us and we will make arrangements to see your car again. So far, (Thursday 9th October) we have not been notified of any ongoing issue? We have attempted to contact you on the number you provided, for a follow up call to see if you had any further issues, but unfortunately we have been unable to speak to you. Should it occur again, please call us immediately.

To answer your question regarding the tyres, the tyres are not perished, nor do they need to be replaced. The car is approximately 3 ½ years old, we did not replace the tyres prior to you buying the car, these tyres were supplied with the car, therefore used. Wear is to be expected and it is reasonable for them to show signs of wear, they are not “new”.

Had there have been any concern regarding the quality or wear of the tyres they would have been replaced. This was not and is not necessary. This was explained during your visit to us.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us directly.

Regards The AvailableCar Team.

“Awful Experience from start to finish”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by Reynolds45 (1 review written)

Traveled over 120 miles and not even offered a coffee when we arrived. Not even, did you have a good journey?(They knew I was traveling) Immediately my first conversation was around part ex value. I had previously been telephone quoted a bottom end part ex value (compared to Glass, Parkers and we buy any car). Of course they need to see the car but make sure any telephone quotes they state that it clearly confirmed as a "UP TO" part ex price. This was not done with me until my second telephone… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/10/2014

Dear Reynolds45 - We were very sorry to read your review about your experience at Available Car. We pride ourselves on delivering World Class service to each and every one of our thousands of customers and it is always upsetting to receive feedback of a negative nature. Our team have investigated your complaint and we feel that although you are absolutely entitled your opinion, that some of your comments are a little unfair and we need post a response to them. We have reviewed all the recordings of the telephone calls between you and members of the Available Car team and we are happy that all of these calls were handled in a polite and professional manner. Our staff made you aware that the price offered on your vehicle was an UP TO price on several occasions prior to you visiting the site, and before placing an order on a vehicle. Also our staff had made you aware that this price was subject to viewing the condition of the vehicle. During the calls we also made you aware that Available Car does not offer discounts on our vehicles, however all of our cars come with the unique Available Car Price Promise and should you find a vehicle of the same quality and value within 7 days of vehicle order, Available Car would match that price. We do not feel our staff could have been more honest and upfront about the offer that was made to you and highlighted all the possible scenarios about the part exchange price you may be offered when you arrived on site, therefore enabling you make your own informed decision on whether to place an order on the vehicle.

When you visited the site and a member of our valuation team inspected your vehicle and taking into account the damage on the vehicle and noisy central locking motor we placed what we felt was a fair price on the vehicle. At this point you decided that our offer was not in line with your expectations and you cancelled your order and we issued a full refund of your deposit immediately. However after a short period of time you came back into the showroom and we were delighted that you decided to go ahead with the purchase of the vehicle and we hope you are happy and enjoying your new vehicle.

We are extremely sorry if you felt the service you received on site was below our normal standard and our staff did not go that extra mile for you. It was never our intention to make you feel undervalued or to offer you what felt like impersonal service, so for this we would like to offer our sincerest apologies.

Should you wish to discuss that matter further please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Showroom Management Team.

“Superb After Sales”

Written on: 24/09/2014 by tracyd (1 review written)

Soon after purchasing my car a fault was identified, which I noted on my customer survey satisfaction form.Within 2 days I was contacted by the after sales dept at the Sutton in Ashfield branch. My car was booked in at a time convenient to myself. On attending for inspection of the fault ,my car was looked at straight away and the fault confirmed and agreed to be rectified that same day and I was provided with a car to use . The car was returned to me at the time specified. there seems to be… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to tracyd's Review

Written on: 24/10/2014

“Timewasting Decieving People”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Morrisin380 (1 review written)

Spent two whole hours going through the process of a part exchange purchase to be then offered 20% less than main dealers which consequently means although their vehicles are price checked regularly to be supposedly very competitive makes their vehicles overpriced. Did not complete the deal so can't comment on prepped condition or dodgy warranties, we suggest reading other reviews… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/10/2014

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately we cannot give a personal response due to it being unclear who has written the review, what car we valued, when or at which Available Car branch. Our offer is a genuine valuation, offered against any car for sale, at any Available Car branch.

We will offer a price for a part exchange car based on the current age, mileage, specification and condition.

Two hours does sound excessive for a part exchange price, we value cars onsite whilst customers are shopping with us, we can only assume the two hours was spent onsite, not simply sat waiting for a valuation? We can fully appreciate a visit to us could easily take two hours, we have 3500 cars in group stock, all available to be viewed, test driven and bought at each Available Car branch. We hope you had a test drive in your car of interest whilst shopping with us?

Unfortunately we cannot always give every customer what they want for their part exchange, we offer what we believe the car is worth. We expect to be rated on our service, not the value of a part exchange. Should you wish to read our customer testimonials and reviews, please visit our site.

We encourage all customers, both new and existing to visit Available Car Ltd and decide for themselves about our service. Each and every car has the Available Car “Price Promise”, this means both our customers and us can be confident, that our cars are offered at the best price possible.

We do not think people should be misguided by comments in “blogs” that can be written by anyone, about anything and are not always factual.

We are proud of Available Car Ltd, we prepare our cars to a high standard and treat every customer fairly, visit us and find out for yourselves.

For absolute clarity, we do not waste peoples time, nor do we deceive people. Should you wish to discuss your visit to Available Car Ltd, we would be delighted to hear from you. To do so, please contact us.

Regards The Available Car Team.

“lie on their adverts”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by Joaquin49 (1 review written)

Battery was flat when we went to test drive it . They said they would sort it . When we picked it up it broke down , the battery wasnt connected properly . Its just gone for its first service and despite service records it has never been serviced before the oil filter is the factory fitted one and they had to knock the wheels off with a hammer. They had never been removed . The advert is a lie… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Dear Joaquin49 – Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Available Car Ltd. Unfortunately, from your review, it is impossible to investigate or defend your claim. If the battery terminal was not secured, we sincerely apologise.

We assume if the car broke down due to the battery terminal fault, it must have been just after collection? I hope this was reported to your supplying Available Car Ltd branch and resolved by us?

Your comment about servicing is unclear, without knowing what car you purchased, when or from which branch, it would be wrong for us to comment. Although, dealer fitted oil filters are replaced with very similar, if not identical oil filters when they are replaced?

Your claim that we lie is untrue. All “Available Cars” are advertised on our website with the Inspection Report attached. This report shows all work we have completed on each car, this provides clarity to our customers. We are happy to provide a copy of this report for you, if you contact us directly we will arrange that for you.

“No idea”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by wrog (2 reviews written)

Bought a Ford, battery was flat before test drive so radio needed code. On showing me how big the boot was we found the micro switch wasn't working, there were also most of the caps missing from the alloys, I was told all these things would be put right. caps were still missing, radio was butchered from removing it from the dash with a screwdriver to get the serial number and the boot switch still dead, On investigating a rattle from the back the interior trim was hanging off, I guess their… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to wrog's Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Dear wrog – Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Available Car Ltd.

The sequence of events that you explain in detail are not familiar to any of our three sites, have these issues been reported to your supplying branch? Without knowing what car you purchased, when or from which site, we cannot give a personalised response.

For clarity, if we record an oil and filter change to a car, that work has been completed. We would not reset the service indicator without carrying out the necessary work.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your issues, if you could contact your supplying branch and ask to speak to a Showroom Manager, we will attempt to resolve your complaint. Regards The Available Car Team.

“not happy to help”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by kimfordlincs2 (1 review written)

Being a young couple and not understanding the finance world me and my partner tried for finance we wasnt told about how much to apply for and basically told to chose any car we want .....having to drive 70miles there anyway having spent the whole day looking around they wasnt interested in helping just in us getting an expensive car which later we realised we was punching above our weight ......After no explaination and no help we was basically told they couldn't help us and to get a credit… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to kimfordlincs2's Review

Written on: 16/12/2014

Dear kimfordlincs2

We were sorry to read your review about your experience at Available Car and that you felt that we did not offer enough assistance to you when you were looking at purchasing a new car.

At Available Car we provide finance packages from three major banking groups, those being Lloyds, Santander and Barclays. Unfortunately we are unable to process a finance application just based on the customer’s personal details alone. Our finance partners require an application to be for a specific vehicle. The finance companies we use will not give a customer a specific spending criteria (i.e. Customer X can spend up to £8000 on any vehicle). This was the reason why you were asked to pick the specific vehicle you wished to purchase. We would not presume to pick a car for any of our customers. If this was not explained to you properly during your visit to our store then please accept our sincerest apologies.

Our finance partners as responsible lenders will base their lending decision on information they receive from a credit reference agency and their own underwriting criteria. Available Car has no control over these two factors and should an application be declined we are not given the specific reasons for that decline. Therefore we are unable to discuss the reasons why an application was declined with our customers. Again if this was not explained to you properly during your dealings with us please accept our sincerest apologies.

We are very pleased that you have completed the purchase of another vehicle and hope you are enjoying your new car and we wish you many happy miles of motoring.

“Buyer beware - don't use this company”

Written on: 10/08/2014

Only giving one star as can't give zero! Wish I'd found this review site before we went to Available Car. Bought a Fiesta which has now been returned but I'm still out of pocket and fuming: - They told us windscreen had been replaced, it had not but was instead badly repaired, when queried they denied having said it had been replaced - One key did not work properly, display for radio etc did not light up, second key showed different mileage reading to milometer - Vehicle sold with service… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/09/2014

We would like to apologise on behalf of management and staff at Available Car Cannock for your experience. When we purchased this car it was supplied to us with a service book that upon your findings and our investigation was for a different car, sold by our supplier on the same day. The service booked belonged to an identical model car with an almost identical registration number that differed by only one letter. Our supplier and Available Car are embarrassed and sorry that this went unnoticed, resulting in the wrong service book being supplied. We were unable to obtain the correct one quickly enough for you at the time from the person who purchased the other car.

Available Car have subsequently been supplied with the correct original service book, which has taken some time for the other owner to respond, and the service book we had given you, returned to its rightful owner. We must emphasise this was a simple and innocent mistake that we originally supplied the incorrect service book. We appreciate at the time you were very anxious to have it resolved quickly and we can reassure you that Available Car dealt with this with the utmost priority. The complexity of locating the correct service book took time, as the other car had been resold to a private individual. As we were unable to physically get hold of the original quickly enough for you, despite our efforts to appease you in the meantime, you became suspicious of our practices and we were unable to convince you to give us more time, so agreed to your demands for a refund.

Available Car believe the time given of 24 hours to physically obtain the original service book was unreasonable, so did not agree we should refund the cost of fuel you purchased for the car. We have agreed to refund the cost of the road tax once you have returned the V5 registration document you sent off. We have investigated the price discrepancy claimed regarding your part exchange. Available Car look to give customers a minimum of £200 on all part exchanges. Our valuations team did think your car was only worth £100 but as good will we gave £100 off our car to compensate for this this, and was clearly stated on your invoice and order form. As you state, we did offer you your old car back as part of the refund. If this was not explained correctly, or been misconstrued, we sincerely apologise.

“Incredibly frustrating experience”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Rich5150 (1 review written)

I latched onto a particularly nice Peugeot 308 diesel at the Cannock site, my fuel of choice now I have to drive more at work. Lovely spec, well presented. The sales team were fantastic (as per usual, the devil comes in appealing forms). First problem. No media card with the sat nav as it had been lost, also no handbook. Not a problem, this will be posted. Media card posted....doesn't work. Handbook posted, not a problem. I took the car up on the 15th July in order for them to fix it. I was… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Rich5150's Review

Written on: 01/09/2014

On behalf of the senior management at Available Car, please accept our sincere apologies for your experiences after you ordered the car. We appreciate your positive views of Cannock’s “fantastic sales team”. We can assure you that your experience of buying the car, our customer service helpers and managers are all genuine.

The media card was on order prior to you taking delivery of the car but we did not want to delay your collection whilst we waited for it to arrive. We will ensure that Sat-Nav units are tested with another car’s media card where possible, to ensure the unit is fully working before a customer takes delivery, this will prevent future issues.

The audio specialist we use can usually repair most faults within a very reasonable time frame and carry out repairs on behalf of main franchise dealers. They have had issues fixing and obtaining parts from Peugeot, resulting in the unit having to be sent to Peugeot France. Since then we have been in the hands of Peugeot France for the repair to be done, and apologise on their behalf for this delay. Speaking with our aftersales team we have expressed our disappointment that you were not kept informed and all calls returned. We have unable to get little information from Peugeot during the repair. On the 15th August we have sent a driver to collect the fixed unit from the dealer so it is ready for you, upon your return from holiday.

Available Car appreciate that you are concerned about your gearbox and wish to reassure you and put your mind at rest. Whilst we acknowledge other mechanics opinions, two different technicians who have driven your car believe it to be fault free. Without further investigation he cannot say the gearbox is “ on its way out ” simply from driving it. We have every confidence in our workshop staff but would happily send this car to a local Peugeot Main Dealer for their opinion and for your peace of mind. If they suspect an issue we will diagnose and repair any fault.

We appreciate your frustration of having two test drives with our technicians and them disagreeing with your mechanic. We have spoken with the individual who tested the car first time and he is adamant that he obeyed all speed limits, but did change gear up and down more than “normal driving” to test if it was at fault. We are happy to liaise with Barclays and are confident they will find our suggestion acceptable. Available Car accept part of your experience should have been avoided but we are always here to help and investigate all customer’s concerns.

“Disappointing experience”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Jacobsdog1 (1 review written)

We visited the Sutton-in-Ashfield site after a previous day telephone enquiry about a Peugeot 308 advertised on their website. Have to say the guy who phoned me that day was polite, helpful and well-informed. Part-ex offered was okay but not fantastic and of course, subject to my car being seen, but all in all it seemed well worth a try to go along and have a look. First thing that struck us was the sheer size of the place. Not only was there a large showroom, but a very large outdoor area… Read Full Review

“Not happy”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by Kilgoretf1964 (1 review written)

I bought a car 2years ago , on finance. It was over. Five year period . They gave me 3 year warranty. 2 years and a couple of month past and the gearbox started to play up. Phoned them and they said it's not covered although at the time when I bought the car they said anything mechanical like the engine . Gearbox clutch etc was covered .. I even took an extra 2 year cover to cover my give years.. They wernt intrested and said it was ware and Tare even tho one of the electric windows failed… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

Dear Kilgoreft1964 – We are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with the car you purchased from us over 2 years ago, although we find it difficult to accept that we should receive such a negative review for a product we supplied so long ago?

Your claim that we miss-sell our warranty policies is completely false. As per your own review the warranty company Mapfre Abraxas, the largest provider in Europe, paid your claim for what seems like an electric window motor and regulator that had failed, not worn out. So how can it be mis-sold? We present every customer with the option to purchase mechanical breakdown cover, it is then the customer’s choice whether to purchase, or not. We are genuinely sorry to hear the components you have tried to claim for have not been covered, although without knowing what car you purchased, where from or when exactly, it is almost impossible to respond. Without these facts, we cannot even contact the insurer to find out why your claim has been declined.

Mechanical breakdown insurance will cover for sudden mechanical failure, not worn out or end of mechanical lifespan items, we can only assume this is why your claim was declined?

Your review is very difficult to read, we are disappointed by your negative comments about us and do not understand how you feel we are responsible for your car, so long after you took delivery of it? If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.

Giggs123's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

For one the car is still sitting on my drive as nobody has come to pick up the car for any kind of repair ! So how you can say that the electric window has been paid for is beyond belief.. And I bought the car with warranty which I paid an extra £600 for ! And the car was sudden mechanical failure. ! The gearbox failed to work ! I'm still paying for the car on HP .. And I've had no help at all from your company at all regarding this apart from you asking us to bring the vehicle up to yourselves, the car can not be Driven! Only Blackhorse have agreed to help and are arranging vauxhall to come pick up the car ! Like I said I won't be using you again and I feel angry as my son as also purchased a car off you and I dread to think what would happen if his car failed too !

“Dodgy used car dealer”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by Hackettwy231 (1 review written)

In my view car quality has dropped and is poorer than the past, just not very good dealership, said to us 50-70% are ex hire cars so 1 owner but a 1000 careless drivers. Poorly valeted, smelly old company cars too. Prices at best a few % behind main franchised dealers if you haggle so not much to save. Tried to price promise like many others and always find a way out of it - different set of accesories/extras, not prepaired to our standards, mileage bit different blah blah blah no car is… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi, – We always appreciate feedback from our customers or potential customers that visit us. On this occasion we feel it necessary to respond to your negative review as we do not agree with your claims.

Every car is prepared and quality checked during the preparation process and any necessary work is completed at this stage. Once the preparation work has been completed the cars are valeted prior to becoming “Available” on our main display. We do advertise cars that are undergoing preparation, these cars won’t have been cleaned/valeted until the workshop/cosmetic work has been completed. On our website we show what work we have completed on each and every car, we are proud of our level of preparation. We employ a team to wash our cars on a daily basis, they work tirelessly to keep our cars clean. The weather can affect our display, dry, humid dusty weather does create a dusty display, likewise wet or icy weather can also impact our display. Our team do a good job, whatever the weather and we are proud of there efforts.

Your claim that 50-70% of our cars are ex-hire cars is simply untrue. We stock and sell a huge variety of used cars, each car is different and we happily disclose who/how many previous owners a car has, we have nothing to hide, we give our customers all the information they need to make an informed decision if they want to buy or not. We do not pressure anyone into making a rushed decision.

It is not for us to comment about other garages, how they price there stock or their practices. We can however explain how our pricing works. We advertise our cars with a first price, best price policy. We do not offer discounts, negotiate on price, nor have “special offers” on specific cars. Every car is priced at the best price possible and every car has the “Available Car Price Promise”.
Although it is unclear who has written this review, some comments have been recognised by members of our team. If we are correct, you ordered a car from us on 04/07 2014 and we are expecting the car to be collected 18/07/2014. If we have the correct customer, you did challenge the price of our car, although it was outside of the 7 days that we offer in our price promise. Despite this we did look for the car you were challenging and the car was not the same as the car you ordered from us. When carrying out a price match, we ask for the car to be equal to ours. This is not unreasonable, vehicle manufacturers have numerous makes and models, all of which have a variation in the specification. Therefore if the car is not the same model, age, specification or transmission, it would not qualify for a price match. There will be cars for sale that will be the same as the car you have ordered from us, they just may not be cheaper than the one you have bought. For clarity, if we are responding to the customer we expect, the car you have ordered has one previous, private registered keeper and the service history supplied is from a Mercedes-Benz garage.

We will take a holding deposit if a customer wants to buy a car from us, we will then withdraw the car from sale and remove it from being advertised for sale. As a rule our cars are usually delivered within 3-5 days, if there is circumstances which don’t allow the new owner to take delivery of the car within this timescale, we will work with the customer, we are not unreasonable. If we have not heard from a customer who has left a deposit and ordered a car from us, we will contact them, some customers do have a change of circumstances or simply change their mind, for these reasons we would not leave a car off sale indefinitely without speaking to our customer. I do accept if you were contacted 4 times a day, this is excessive, I can only assume you did not respond or answer any of these calls, otherwise there would be no need to continue ringing you?

The board that can be seen from our waiting area that you comment about is our showroom appointment board, it is situated within an office in the corner of the showroom, this is not a public area, however it can be seen. We have a dedicated team that deal with customer enquiries via telephone and email up to 10pm each night. The appointment board allows us to ensure customers that have made an appointment, before visiting the site are looked after by the correct member of our team, quickly and efficiently.

We are always looking at ways to improve and we value customer comments, we are disappointed if someone is not happy, and we are always available to help. We would prefer to be contacted than written about on online review sites.

We are genuine, reasonable people who value customer service. We do not employ pushy sales people, we believe that treating customers fairly is the best way to progress our business. It is disappointing to read your review, and we are not happy at being called a “Dodgy Used Car Dealer”, you could not be further from the truth.

We want every customer to have a positive, enjoyable experience when shopping with us. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards Available Car Ltd.

“Price promise a sham”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by LiamRiley (1 review written)

This is the first time that I have ever done a review, however I feel compelled to do so. I would like to start off by saying that my initial thoughts of when I went to available car in castle donnington was quite good, I was left alone to look at the cars and took two cars out on a test drive, a audi a6 and and audi a4. I was pleased with both cars. While I was away I had my car valued, a 57 plate mondo ghia, and was ok with the price they offered for the part ex, I stress ok not over the… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

Dear LiamRiley – We are sorry to read that you were unhappy with the outcome from your recent visits to our Castle Donington and Sutton in Ashfield branches.

Having investigated your review and looked into your visits to each branch, I hope you feel you were looked after by our team during your visits? We are happy to help wherever possible and according to the records I have, our team (at both sites) offered help and took you for test drives in your vehicles of interest.

Your original visit, to Castle Donington was on Monday 23rd June 2014, whilst visiting you expressed an interest in Audi’s the decision was whether to opt for an Audi A4 or Audi A6, we test drove both cars with you, although it was not decisive, you left to consider which model of Audi you wanted. During this visit, we offered a part exchange price for you current car. A 2007 registered Ford Mondeo Ghia, 2 owners, the approximate mileage was 61,000 miles in our opinion the car was in average condition.

This was the conclusion of your Castle Donington visit and you left to consider your options, it was our understanding that we had conducted ourselves, professionally, been helpful and considerate to the decision you had to make.

Your second visit was to our Sutton in Ashfield branch on Friday 4th July 2014. It appears during this visit, you chose the 2012 registered Audi A6, priced at £17,499. I fully appreciate that you will have been disappointed when our team explained that the valuation for your part exchange had been reduced by £100. I assume it was from this point you became unhappy, due to the reduction in price for your car, and that our car had not been adjusted in price. The reason for this was that the retail price, that we had offered our Audi A6 for sale for was still a current retail price. However this does not mean that all of our cars would remain at the same price, many will have been adjusted due to the fact that we check and adjust our prices daily to ensure we are offering good value for money.

It appears that the cause of your unhappy review is the Price Promise that we offer? To clarify, the idea of offering a price promise is so we can have confidence in our pricing and that if a car of equal quality and value was for sale, cheaper elsewhere, we would refund the difference/match the price.

I think it is necessary to point out that we were/are happy to price match the comparable car that you found for sale elsewhere, the vehicle is very similar to our car, the difference, as you mentioned was in the mileage and also the interior trim of the car. Upon inspection, the car we offered for sale was the same make, model, year and engine size, however the original owner of each vehicle had opted for different interior options, one was Aviator Blue in colour with a light grey interior and seats with a “wood effect” dashboard and console trim. The other is Brilliant Black in colour, with the dark interior and seats with a “aluminium effect” dashboard and console trim, not identical but very similar. This car would qualify for our price promise, therefore, we would offer the car for the same price as the other dealer in York, £17,491.

For this reason I cannot understand why you state that the “Price Promise is a sham” when we have agreed to it?

Our Price Promise is to match the price of the car advertised cheaper elsewhere. We do not price match and then “negotiate” a price afterwards, it either is a match or not.

In summary, we are disappointed that you were not happy to proceed with the purchase of the Audi A6, and are sorry if you were unhappy with the cost to change that we offered.

If you experienced any issues regarding the level of customer service offered at either branch or if you would be happy to discuss the “condescending attitude of the advisor” we would really appreciate your time, customer service is very important to us.

We sincerely hope you will consider Available Car Ltd in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards Available Car Team.