AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Beware of selling your car ”

Written on: 22/08/2016 by StevieB65 (1 review written)

£4,000 less than the agreed price!!! £7,000 less than book price!!! Attended Available Car Cannock depot to obtain a price for them to buy my BMW car from me. Had two members of their staff assess the car and then provided me with a price which was about £3000 less than book price. Needed a quick sale, so agreed on the price but when we went to complete the deal a few days later, they offered £4,000 less than originally agreed! The reason given was their staff took the wrong mileage (what… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to StevieB65's Review

Written on: 25/08/2016

On behalf of the management at Available Car Cannock we would like to apologise for your recent experience. When you visited the site you did inform our showroom helpers of the correct mileage of 43800 miles. The valuations team use software to calculate the current “live” retail and trade prices for the vehicles. When inputting mileage they round the figure to nearest 1000 miles, but made a human input error and entered a current mileage of 4000 miles. This error generated an incorrect valuation and an offer of £21,000 was made. On the day of handover the valuations supervisor noticed the error when signing off on the handover paperwork. The car was revalued with 44000 miles and a revised offer of £17000 was made, and understandably this left you feeling very disappointed.

The general manager received your complaint via email the following day and as a gesture of good will increased the offer for your car to £18500. Available Car believe this now exceeds the market value for your car. We contacted you to make this increased offer and once again apologise for your experience.

“Rude, Terrible Service”

Written on: 17/08/2016 by Kelly291992 (1 review written)

To be honest i wouldnt even give them one star. Such bad service and really rude staff. Are in no rush to get your car back to you once its been repaired, happy to just leave it at a garage for no reason. Staff are rude and come across as talking to you is a chore. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Kelly291992's Review

Written on: 24/08/2016

Dear Kelly291992 – We would appreciate speaking to you about your recent experience whist shopping with us. Your comment suggests you have purchased a car from us, and we returned it to the Manufacturer under their Warranty? Unfortunately your comment doesn’t tell us what car you purchased, when, from with Available Car branch or what the problem was? We also have no record of who you are.

I can assure you it is important to us to get cars back to their owners as quickly and efficiently as possible. Reading your comments, we did not meet your expectations.

If you could contact your supplying Available Car branch, we’d be happy to hear from you. Please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Ripped off”

Written on: 01/08/2016 by 182006kate59 (1 review written)

Brought a white 12 plate fiesta. Seat belt (drivers ). Went cost me £200. Then the car boot went another £200. I've only had the car under two years. Coat me nine thousand pound. I have been told if I brought a ford car from a ford dealers they give a ten year warranty… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to 182006kate59's Review

Written on: 24/08/2016

Dear 182006kate59 – Thank you for taking the time to comment about the “12 plate, Ford Fiesta” you purchased from us “under two years” ago.

We do not believe this is a genuine Available Car customer comment. If any work was required during the Available Car Guarantee period, the car would have been returned to us for repair, free of charge.

However, should a seat belt or boot (latch?) require replacing for, service, maintenance or MOT purposes, (approximately 2 years after collection) it is the responsibility of the owner/driver to replace the item(s) and pay for them, it is not the responsibility of the supplier.

With regard to the Ford Warranty, 10 years is not accurate. As standard “Ford Warranty” safeguards for 3 years/60,000 miles whichever passes first.

If this is genuine, we are really disappointed to receive a “1 Star” review, nearly two years after collection and anybody who reads these comments, must bear in mind that maintenance items have been replaced and someone has “been told” Ford would have given a “10 year Warranty”? Regards the Available Car team.

“Awful!!”

Written on: 26/07/2016 by Kls20251 (1 review written)

Visited your store in Cannock for my 2nd car, i was upgrading to a fiat 500 from a corsa so it was a big thing and a huge step! Took the car for a test drive and i loved it, so agreed to have it, went to pick the car up with a relative that then noticed the bonnet and bumper were out of alignment, they took the car to try and resolve it and came back saying they couldn't so i took the car to an independent garage as i was willing to pay for that to be sorted after spending nearly £6,000 on a… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Kls20251's Review

Written on: 24/08/2016

On behalf of the management at Available Car Cannock we were concerned to hear about your experience. On the day of collection your step dad identified some points on the car that you were then both concerned about. The bumper and bonnet were not perfectly aligned, as they had been removed to be painted as this car was 38 months old with 13,000 miles. We only want customers to take delivery if they are happy with the car and the handover manager did encourage you to not take delivery that day, but let us attempt to improve the car.

Following this review the General Manager invited you to the site to discuss the car. We looked around the car together and the car had not undergone major accident damage. We suspect previously the front bumper and headlight of the car had been scuffed when being parked. The car was of a retail standard but you admitted you made a mistake taking delivery as you were not happy that the car had been previously repaired. We agreed to exchange the car to an almost identical car from our group stock as an amicable solution and have since happily taken delivery. May we take this opportunity to wish you many miles of trouble free motoring. Regards the Available Car team.

“Rubbish!!!!”

Written on: 20/07/2016

We purchased a car from Cannock when we went to test drive the wheel was flat, We waited while this was delt with expecting to test drive once wheel had been inflated,We got in the car to test drive to be told it has no petrol! We waited again while they filled the tank to be advised they have no keys to get access to petrol as manager took them home the day before! We waited again for this to be sorted when we finally got to test drive way after our appointment time we did love the car and… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2016

On behalf of the Available Car Team, we would like to apologise for your experience when you first attended your appointment to test drive the car. The team should have had checked the car the evening before, and prepared it ready to be driven for the Sunday morning when we opened.

The flat tyre had been noted for the workshop to check prior to your collection. The tyre was removed from the wheel, checked for punctures, and a faulty tyre valve was found to be at fault and was replaced. Three weeks and 900 miles later you contacted our aftersales team on Saturday to report the same tyre was losing pressure. Concerned we booked you in as priority to look at in immediately at 8.30am Monday morning when our workshop opened.

On Monday morning the technician found a screw through the tyre causing a slow puncture. This screw would have been clearly visible when the tyre was removed to replace the tyre valve, especially poking through on the inside of the tyre. For this reason we had no doubt that this slow puncture, caused be a screw, was not present when the car was delivered. Regrettably this is not covered by the 3 month or 3000 mile guarantee.

We would like to apologise that you did not have a straightforward Available Car experience, but wish you many miles of trouble free motoring. Regards the Available Car Team.

“Nearly running out”

Written on: 18/07/2016 by 224Flood (1 review written)

I rather stupidly handed over my Fiat 500 to Available Car with half a tank of petrol in to purchase vehicle from them When I mentioned did the car I was purchasing have petrol in (I wanted to get home without running out) They said oh yes we've made sure petrol is in the tank I took the car to my local filling station on the way home and was amazed how much it cost me to fill the car. If you have ever heard of the expression (a thimble full) that is how much petrol they must have put in… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/08/2016

Hello 224Flood

Thank you for taking time to write a review and we are sorry that all your expectations have not been exceeded. In reference to your vehicle having a thimble full of fuel, I can assure you that your new vehicle had got over a gallon of fuel in at time of collection. Unfortunately we have no control over the fuel levels in customer’s part exchanges. Also with regard to the vehicle handbook, we make every customer aware before purchasing a vehicle, what that particular car comes supplied with. In your case we made you aware this particular vehicle did not have a handbook, which you still decided to purchase.

Available Car wish you many happy miles in your car, and if we can be of any assistance in the future, then please do not hesitate to contact us.

“Three bad cars ?.”

Written on: 02/07/2016 by AverieMcGrath (1 review written)

I bought a Peugeot 206 from the Castle Donington site in 2006......and after a month or so, found a massive pool of water under the back seat. I kept that for six years, before going to them again in 2011, as I spotted a Peugeot 207 GT THP150. In the following few months, I found out one locking bolt was damaged, and a wheel couldn't be removed (total cost £109 to replace), it needed a new timing chain (£550), new clutch (£450)....and new spark plugs (£44). On going to change the air… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2016

Hi – Thanks for taking the time to comment about the 3 cars you have purchased from Available Car Ltd over the past 10+ years.

According to your “review” the “03 Reg” Peugeot 206 1.1 Look, purchased from us in July 2006 (approx. 33,000 miles) offered outstanding value for money and maintenance free driving during your 5/6 years of ownership? Had the water leak been within the early stages of ownership (during the Available Car Guarantee), I hope the car was returned for us to fix? This car was exchanged with 74,000 miles for the Peugeot 207 in September 2011.

The “57 Reg” Peugeot 207 1.6 THP 150 GT, did need service and maintenance items to be replaced during your 5 years of ownership, timing chain, clutch and spark plugs are not uncommon to be replaced. Replacing service and maintenance items, does not make it a “bad car”. We must be aware the car was nearly 4 years old (approx. 53,000 miles) when you purchased it and over 8 ½ years old (approx. 81,000 miles) when you exchanged it for you Peugeot 208 in June 2016.

The “13 Reg” Peugeot 208 1.6 THP 200 GTi (approx. 38,000 miles), has been returned to us once under guarantee for a “fuel leak?” and “rear washer jet blocked”. We promptly resolved the washer jet blockage, the fuel tank was full at the time of our inspection but no fuel leak was apparent during the visit to us?

We have tried to contact you by phone Steven, since receiving your “Customer Feedback Questionnaire” that we sent out to you (before we saw this “review”) but have so far we have been unsuccessful. If you could contact us, we are happy to resolve your issue under guarantee for you.

We do not accept your claims about “poor service” or “pressured sales people”, that is nonsense. We are proud that our Available Car team are not “sales people” but nice, friendly people that are happy to help and advice our customers, when they are ready for help.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly. Please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us.

Regards the Available Car team.

“Absolutely awful. Avoid like the plague.”

Written on: 27/06/2016 by Nicolas131 (1 review written)

Terrible service. Phoned Leeds branch to arrange an appointment to view a car the next day. When I turned up, they could not find my appointment. Then they struggled to find the car. Then after I informed them that was not happy about wasting half a days holiday and a lot of fuel travveling up to leeds, they then agreed to transport the car to cannock as it was closer to where I live. When I left the branch I was then phoned by cannock branch who informed me that the car was sold the day… Read Full Review

Hi Nicolas131

We would like to apologise unreservedly to you for the inconvenience that was caused due to our error. The situation should not have arisen under any circumstances and we should have made you aware that the vehicle was no longer available prior to your visit to our new Leeds store and for that we are very sorry. This situation did highlight a training issue with a member of our new team and this has now been resolved to ensure that this does not happen again.

We understand our Showroom Manager at Leeds has been in direct contact with you to discuss the matter with you further and offer a personal apology.

“Awful service, no aftercare! - I would never use...”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by Leslie199 (1 review written)

Unfortunately I hit a pothole which resulted in a destroyed tyre and bent alloy wheel. I went to change to the tyre and put the spare wheel on but to my shock I had not been supplied with a car jack or locking wheel nut! After taking this up with Available car the only response I got was that it was not there problem! After telephoning the branch and getting nowhere I visited in person to try again. They have since offered to provide me with a car jack but will not provide me with a locking… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2016

Dear Leslie199 – We are sorry to hear that a pothole has caused damage to your alloy wheel and that your tyre needed to be replaced. Unfortunately your comments do not tell us what car you purchased, when or from which Available Car branch.

Locking wheel nuts are supplied and signed for at the time of collection, we check all items are present prior to collection and we ask for our “check sheet” to be signed by each customer, to confirm they are happy with the car and have received any relevant items. Without knowing what car you purchased, it is hard to comment on a “Jack”, not all cars are supplied with jacks, due to the popularity of supplying “tyre weld and an air compressor kits” instead. If no locking nut was available, we are surprised your breakdown company didn’t offer to remove the locking wheel bolts for you?

Available Car Ltd have NEVER sold CAT C or D (insurance written off) cars as your “breakdown company” claim. This is a completely false accusation and one that we will refer to our legal team. We will require your contact details and the name of the company who have made this outrageous accusation, when we have the details we will contact them directly.

Due to the accusation written in this review, we request that you please contact Available Car Ltd, Head Office, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when you ring us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Would never buy again ”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by KadynJones (1 review written)

Bought my car from available car Sutton in Ashfield. I was sold extended warranty. They don't tell you that you need to go to a destinated garage and that you need to pay a dianosis fee that warranty will not pay for. Warranty not worth paper it is written on. When I viewed the car I was aware that it had chips over it and was promised that it would be to showroom quality. I asked if the car would rust and I was told no. I have had my car almost two years now and the body work is a complete… Read Full Review

Dear KadynJones

We are sorry that you feel the warranty you purchased, when you bought your car from us two years ago, is not worth the paper it is written on. However your comment about not being able to choose a garage of your own choice is not correct. Also you will only be expected to pay for diagnosis if the reason for the fault is not covered under the warranty, so in most cases the diagnosis would also be covered. I am very concerned that other garages are telling you we have only dabbed at chips on the paintwork as all work on vehicles we sell is documented, and I can confirm we did paint and not dab at chips.

Should you wish to discuss this any further, please feel free to contact our Sutton in Ashfield branch, when contacting us, please mention your “review centre comment”.

Regards the Available Car Team.

Katb108's Comment

Written on: 23/07/2016

I have spoken to management who take no responsibility so there is no point.
Under the warranty I could not take my car to the regular garage I use so it is In fact correct and I certainly was not given any option to take to the garage I use.
I have had three independent organisations who have assessed my car and have all said the chips were dabbed. Therefore you did not paint the car otherwise I would not have this issue. I have now sold the car because it was far too much money to sort the issue and was causing too much stress because I have lost faith and had no guarantee that the job would be done properly and didn't want the same issue in another two years time.
I feel so let down by Available Car and I would never buy again or recommend. I am so out of pocket which is so unfair.

“Unavailable service book and log book.com!”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by LISAROWLEY (1 review written)

Found a car that we liked at Leeds. Paid a deposit as the car was what we wanted plus had a full 5yrs service history which gave us peace of mind. However straight after paying the deposit we were told to call back in before the handover as at the moment they didn't have the log book or service history to tax and insure the car before purchase. To cut a long story short. 4 phone calls and 2 half days off work and none returned plus no log book or service history we cancelled the purchase and… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to LISAROWLEY's Review

Written on: 21/06/2016

Hi,

Firstly we would like to sincerely apologise for the disappointing service you received. It should have been made clear to you from the outset that we were awaiting the V5 document and that this would have an impact on the potential date you would have been able to collect the vehicle. This was a genuine oversight and it highlighted a training issue that we have since resolved. We hope you accept our apology for the inconvenience and disappointment this situation caused you. On behalf of the team at Leeds, we wish you many happy miles of motoring in your new vehicle and that you may consider Available Car in the future.

“Terrible needs to improve and check cars more carefuly ”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by Chrisfordfiestast2 (1 review written)

OK well I bought a Ford fiesta st2 from them all was well until I found an invoice for a performance kit on it under the seat that they never told me about and the break discs was 70% worn. Told them about it fair play to them they fixed it, then after a few month the blue tooth receiver kept falling off the windscreen so I thought I'll take it to ford as it's still under manufacturer warranty, ford then told me the windscreen wasn't bonded correctly, OK ring available car and fair play again… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Chrisfordfiestast2's Review

Written on: 15/06/2016

Dear Chrisfordfiestast2 – We are sorry to hear that it has been necessary to contacted us on a couple of occasions since collection your Ford Fiesta ST2 from us, however we are really pleased that our team have managed to resolve any issues you have encountered.

Unfortunately your comments do not tell us when you purchased the car, or from which Available Car branch? We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We always hope every car that leaves us, provides happy and trouble free motoring for the new owner, although from time to time, we accept that is not always the case.

Let’s hope you have no need to have any further work/repairs carried out, other than regular service and maintenance issues. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“Ripp off ”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by 472Adair (1 review written)

Terrible service, lots of hidden extras! Do not waste ur time n money with these people!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear 472Adair – Strange comment, is it meant for us?

Available Car Ltd no not and never have charged any of our customers “hidden extras” or any “fees” when buying a car from us. We advertise all of our cars for sale, at a transaction price, therefore every customer knows exactly how much any “Available Car” car costs to purchase, without negotiation or haggling!

Should you have visited us and believe you have received “terrible service” we would be more than happy to discuss your visit and find out why you are so unhappy?

Unfortunately without knowing who you are, which site you visited and when, we do need to rely on you contacting us, please feel free to do so, and please mention your “review” on the Review Centre.

We would not expect anyone to “waste your time and money”, when visiting us, that’s why we operate on fixed prices, no hidden fees and “World Class Customer Service”.

We hope to welcome you to Available Car in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“After Sales”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by AndyNotts (1 review written)

I purchased a car 9 weeks ago that decided to fail on me. It had just gone over the 3000 mile warranty limit because of an unexpected trip to Scotland. Unfortunately after looking up the finer details of the warranty I realised I wasn't't covered as I was over the mileage limit despite being within the 3 month warranty. Despite this they didn't hesitate to help me. They arranged free recovery home of my vehicle within the hour, and then free transport to Castle Donington the next day where they… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to AndyNotts's Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear AndyNotts – Thank you so much for your positive and appreciative response to your recent purchase and aftersales visit at our Castle Donington branch.

Customer service is really important to us and we are delighted to hear how happy you are with the service you received from us. We like your “cars break down – it happens” comment, not everyone appreciates that and they often feel we are to blame, if a breakdown happens to them? We will always do our best to help.

We will ensure your kind comments are shared with everyone who looked after you, they too will be really pleased to hear about your “5 Star” comment. Regards the Available Car team.

“Unavailable car.com”

Written on: 31/05/2016 by KatelynnHenry (1 review written)

Father and husband both phoned to check if a car we wanted was available. We were told yes come and see it. So we take an hour journey with our two year old daughter to go and look at it. Was told by reception where the car should be but when we looked couldn't find it. We then asked a member of staff where the car was to be told she didn't even know if it was there and then told someone else was looking at it we should of reserved it. We explained that we were not told this and had done an… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear KatelynnHenry – We are really sorry to hear that your recent visit to us did not result in you purchasing an “Available Car”.

We sincerely apologise that the offer to “Reserve” the car you wanted to buy, prior to your visit was not offered. We are conscious that should a customer express a genuine interest in purchasing a car from us, we should offer the option to place a deposit on the car, therefore the car is reserved from sale, it appears this was not offered during your calls to us. We will address this with our team of Customer Helpers, please accept our apologises.

With the choice and selection of cars we have available, we do operate on a “first come, first served basis”, for this reason, and due to our error of not offering you the option to pay a deposit, prior to your visit, other customers will/are able to express interest in the car, test drive and buy.

If we can help you in your search for a new car, we’d value the opportunity to do so. Please feel free to contact us directly for any further help. Regards the Available Car team.

“Antara”

Written on: 23/05/2016

Contacted Available Car about Antara that had arrived to themselves, but not on show yet ,The young man at Rainbows (who was very helpful)said he could arrange the car to come over to main sales at Cannock for us to test drive. We went to the car sales ,who are all very friendly staff,We took the car for a test drive and fell in love with it ,we dealt with a young man who had only been with them a few weeks ,but was very knowledgeable,of the car and extra products you could Purchase.For… Read Full Review

“Broken Promises”

Written on: 16/05/2016 by Turner436 (1 review written)

Three thing they promised to do weren't done when I went to pick up the car. Don't trust the sales people… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Dear Turner436 – If this is a genuine comment, please contact your supplying Available Car Ltd branch, as soon as possible. This comment is vague, so we do not know who it is from, what it is regarding or where your car was purchased.

Trust is very important to us, if we’ve “promised” to do something (or three things), we too would expect them to have been done?

“Very poor customer service ”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by Underwood260 (1 review written)

Advised by available car have a diagnostic check by Vauxhall who then did remedial work and available car won't recompense work carried (not even as a goodwill gesture) because they say the correct process was not followed How bad is that?… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/05/2016

Dear Underwood260 – We are sorry to read that you feel you have received “very poor customer service” from Available Car Ltd?

Unfortunately your comments are quite vague, we do not know what car you purchased, when and from which Available Car branch or why your car required a “diagnostic check by Vauxhall”?

Should any “aftersales” assistance be required whilst under our guarantee, we do insist that the car is returned to us, to have any work completed, as we do not pay any third party repairs.

If you require any help or assistance with your car, please contact Available Car Ltd so we can arrange a visit under guarantee.

Should you wish to discuss your experience, we would be happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying Available Car Ltd branch at your earliest convenience, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when you contact us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Really good service after a poor initial start!”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by vidge02 (1 review written)

I'll start with the good: The sales team at Sutton in Ashfield do not pressure you at all and will let you test drive any car in the showroom without trying to force you into buying. If you want to just walk around and look then it's no problem. I found the car I liked and they gave me a part-ex price for my old car which I was happy with. Arranged a day after work for me to collect the car and their handover team sorted all the paperwork for me there and then, leaving me to just send off the… Read Full Review

“Warranty not worth the paper it's written on”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by Wyattec1965 (1 review written)

Hi, we purchased a car back in 2013. The car had 5000 on the clock we took out the five year warranty because that was the term of the loan. However a few months ago the car developed a gearbox problem to cut a long story short the car needs a new gearbox and clutch at the cost of £3500, the mileage is only 35000. Anyway the insurance company is refusing to pay out claiming its wear and tear. Everytime I contact available car nobody contacts me back. Am currently in contact with my lawyers… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Hi – Thanks for the comment regarding the car you purchased from us approximately 3 years ago. Unfortunately your “review” doesn’t tell us what car was purchased, how old the cars is, when it was purchased or from which Available Car branch?

The extended warranty policy that you refer to, will have been for a maximum of 36 months (3 years), we have never offered a 5 year extended warranty?

Should your claim be covered by the extended warranty, the policy will cover the cost of the repair, however if the repair is due to “wear” it will not be covered by a policy that covers for “sudden mechanical failure”.

We do not appreciate your “cowboy” comment, we supply thousands of cars, every year, throughout the UK (and beyond), it is not fair to own a car for 3years/30,000 miles and then call the supplier “cowboys” claiming they are in some way at fault for your repair?

The cost you have quoted does sound expensive, we would recommend looking at alternative quotes and possibly an alternative repairer depending on the nature of your parts failure/replacement.

Should you want to discuss this with us, we are more than happy to speak to you. Please contact your supplying Available Car branch and mention your “Review Centre” comment. Regards the Available Car team.