AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Highly recommended, our third car from them.”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by DavidOxborough (1 review written)

Totally stress free, very friendly and helpful staff from the reception through to the test drive guys and the guys who handle the buying process. It was because of the way the problems we experienced with our first car a few years ago were resolved that we've been back twice more. On that occasion, the car had a fault with the EGR valve which eventually had to go back to the dealer network for rectification. Each time it went back, we were given a courtesy car without even having to ask and… Read Full Review

“Best service ever”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by Jamesb233 (1 review written)

I am picking my 62 astra vxr up tomorow and cant wait the reception team are so friendly and helpful at the store and on the phone i test drove the astra then proceeded to buy then changed my mind which they didnt mind at all i found another car from available car but at a different site they brought it to my local site test drove that one then decided on the astra would realy like to thank the sales person that helped me and the guy who took me on the test drives… Read Full Review

“Do not buy a car from this dealership”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by VanDalton (1 review written)

I bought a car for £8000.00 in October, it has now developed a fault -EGR valve. They've looked at it and refused to do it as I've had it over 6 months , 7 months to be precise. I've only done 2,800 miles in it. It's disgraceful service I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, and I will make sure I tell everyone not to use this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2017

Dear VanDalton – We are sorry to hear you have experienced an issue with the EGR valve on the vehicle you purchased from Available Car. Unfortunately, from time to time, maintenance and repairs are necessary. After such a period of time, it is the responsibility of the owner/driver, not the supplier to cover the cost of the repair. Regards the Available Car team.

“Great service”

Written on: 15/05/2017 by Mahoney64 (1 review written)

Great customer service. Not yet picked up the car as there are a few bits to do so hopefully all will be well. I never felt pressured and had full control over buying what I wanted.The staff at reception are wonderful. It says I cannot name staff which is a shame. Lovely fun service thank you… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/05/2017

Hi Mahoney64 – Thank you so much for taking the time to write such fantastic comments about your recent visit to Available Car. “No Pressure”, “Wonderful”, “Lovely Staff” and “Fun Service”, we couldn’t ask for anymore! We are delighted that you enjoyed shopping with us and hope you will enjoy your “Available Car”.

Should you want to share your praise for the Reception Team, please feel free to ‘name’ the Available Car branch you shopped with (and add your comments to our Facebook page).

Thanks again, kind regards the Available Car team.

“Castle Donnington - what a joke ”

Written on: 29/04/2017 by whare (2 reviews written)

I went to testdrive a Citreon C4 Grand Picasso it is a 11 plate When I went to test the car it had only just arrived on site so still had work to be done (I can understand that) I liked the car and so I went home to sleep on it the following day I agreed to buy the car (really wish I had not bothered now) I was due to collect the car on the 3/4/17 but got a phone call from a Mr Brooks (I understand he may be a manager in the sales team) on the Friday before collection (31/3/17) saying there… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to whare's Review

Written on: 03/05/2017

Dear whare – We are sorry to read that you have been unhappy with your recent experience with Available Car – Castle Donington. We apologise that you had to return your 2011 registered Citroen C4 Picasso to us whilst under guarantee.

Thank you for your kind words about the person you dealt with, they really are appreciated, our team will always strive to help our customers and we appreciate you taking the time to praise him.

Following your previous complaint, we arranged a visit to resolve any issues. The A Pillar that we worked on during preparation, required the securing clips to be replaced, we also replaced a car key that was showing signs of wear. The work was completed by us, under our guarantee at no additional charge to you.

Whilst your car was with us, as a goodwill gesture, we completed a full interior and exterior valet and improved a scuff on the O/S/F wing mirror. We did hope this work would have been appreciated, unfortunately, it appears it was not.

We are happy that we resolved your issue during your visit to us, should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Regards the Available Car team.

Improved a scuff..... wipe it with a cloth and jet wash / hover

Sorry the service I have e got over all I still rate very poor and very little has been done to correct the issue

“Messed around, awful”

Written on: 30/03/2017

Initially the customer service was great, I decided to buy an Audi A4, everything was going well until I got a phone call saying that they had performed a check and realised the timing belt had not been replaced, and rescheduled me for the next day at 5pm, to travel to the particular venue it takes me around 1.25-1.5 hours to get there traffic allowing, so I set off a littleness earlier to ensure I was there on time. As I entered the building I received a voicemail from a call around 45 minutes… Read Full Review

Paulandroxy's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2017

i had ham egg and chips for diner, it was fantastic, bungalow

Written on: 11/05/2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Available Car. We were delighted to read that during the purchase process the customer service you received was great. However we would like to apologise for the fact that you were unable to collect your vehicle on the agreed date. We would like to assure you that all of our cars are fully inspected and prepared prior to becoming available stock. Unfortunately faults can occur after this process is complete. At Available Car we will change a timing belt if it is due or due within a certain time period. When your vehicle first came into stock, the timing belt was not due and was outside of our parameters to change it. However when you purchased the Audi, the due date for changing the belt fell within our guidelines for changing, hence why the work needed to be carried out prior to collection.
We understand that our Handover Manager has dealt with you personally to remedy the problems you had with the vehicle and these matters have now been resolved to your satisfaction.
If we can offer any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards the Available Car team.

“Was going to visit but the official responses are shocking”

Written on: 16/03/2017 by 29Shoemaker (1 review written)

I called into my local dealer this weekend. The prices were very fair and I was considering going back in with my partner. This, despite the fact that the salesman repeatedly called me by the wrong name and assumed I was buying a car for my sister (I don't have a sister). However, reading these reviews and the official responses has convinced me to keep away. When people take time to buy a car and leave a review, it is incumbent upon any company to treat the complaint with respect. I see… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/03/2017

Dear 29Shoemaker – Thank you for your comments. Should you wish to read comments that are written by customers who have enquired, visited or purchased from Available Car ltd, please look at our website, you will find “thousands” of customer comments. This “site” contains 300 comments, most of which we do not know if they are genuine or fictional?

The problem with “reviews” written online is that they can be written by anyone, about anything, and can very easily be manipulated by unscrupulous individuals. Most comments written on “review sites” do not contain all the facts and often offer a tainted version of events. As with your comment, we do not know who you are, which site you visited, when or what assistance we were able to offer?

We absolutely agree that Customer Service is important for any organisation, especially ours. The reason we respond to online comments is because should an Available Car customer, have a genuine issue/problem, we will always help.
We are very sorry if your recent visit was not a success, we apologise that our team member got it so wrong. We would never intentionally offend a customer, call them by the wrong name or refer to their partner as there Sister! I can assure you, if our team member was aware that they had got all of this so wrong, they would be very embarrassed and sorry.

Should anyone wish to speak to us, we are always happy to help, so please don’t judge us on the strength of a few comments written on this page, all complaints are dealt with respectfully but please bear in mind, we do not know who has written the vast majority of these comments, nor do we know how many are genuine.

If you are looking to buy a good, used car, from an organisation with a proven track record – Available Car Ltd is a fantastic place to shop. If you would be happy to speak to us, we’d value the opportunity to discuss your visit. Please contact your local branch, regards the Available Car Team.

“Thanks for nothing ”

Written on: 10/03/2017 by Andyvicks (1 review written)

12pm booked a test drive for 4pm 2pm started out from Leicester to Leeds. 15:50 voice mail left saying that someone else had taken the car out. 16:00 arrived at available car Leeds to a snivelling salesman making excuses. 16:30 informed by the snivelling salesman who was now full of apologies that the car was now sold. Back down the M1. Despite the negative reviews on here I was giving available car company the benefit of the doubt, but if they are as unprofessional dealing with other… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Andyvicks's Review

Written on: 06/04/2017

Hi AndyVicks

Firstly we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for your wasted trip and we can appreciate your disappointment. At Available Car we book hundreds of test drives each week and it would be impossible to reserve every vehicle based on a test drive booking that a customer may or may not attend. We do however have a process in place that if someone else expresses an interest in a vehicle that has a test drive booking, we will endeavour to let customer know straightaway the situation to avoid wasted trips or try to find an alternative vehicle if the vehicle sells. This process was followed unfortunately you were nearly at Leeds when another customer expressed an interest in this particular vehicle. The apology you received from our team member was genuine, but the situation was beyond his control. If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact our Showroom Manager at Leeds quoting the review centre.

Regards

The AvailableCar team

Paulandroxy's Response to Andyvicks's Review

Written on: 27/04/2017

sebby is a fluffy dog

“Never again terrible experience castle Donington ”

Written on: 10/03/2017 by Prince279 (1 review written)

Paid deposit on ford focus...collection date put back three times over three weeks.I lost confidence after the first delay and what annoyed me most was that I had to make all the phone calls to check progress.i had to insist that the manager of the company (available car) go and check that the parts had arrived and to call me back with an update..I was spending 10k on the car so would of expected a decent level of customer care....the final straw was the call to say that it's back from ford's… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/03/2017

Dear Prince279 – We sincerely apologise that the Ford Focus you had ordered from us had to be delayed. At the time you ordered this vehicle, it had only recently arrived onsite with us at Castle Donington.

Unfortunately whilst carrying out our inspection on the Ford Focus (2014/64 registration, 30,000 miles), we discovered a fault with the water pump, which meant the car had to be returned to Ford, under their warranty. For this reason, it was necessary for us to delay your collection.

We are sorry if our updates were not quick enough, we will always do our best to keep customers informed but we do accept how disappointed you will have been because of the delay. Please accept our apologies, we would never intentionally upset a customer.

At your request, we cancelled the order for the Ford Focus, but we have reserved another vehicle for you. However, since ordering the replacement vehicle for you, we have been unsuccessful in contacting you and do not know if you wish to proceed with the order or not?

Should you require any further assistance or should you wish to discuss your experience, we would be happy to speak to you. Regards the Available Car team.

“Don't buy from here available car Castle Donnington ”

Written on: 09/03/2017 by Saunders122 (1 review written)

The worst mistake I ever made was on 16.01.17 buying a car from here. The day I collected my new car it is was delayed and went back to the workshop with a knocking noise on the steering. I was allowed take the car having been told it was sorted. The following day the noise was back my first appointment was cancelled by nissan to have my car I took my car 2 weeks ago and since then it's been sat at Nissan waiting for parts from abroad to fix it they are refusing to let me take my car back as… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/03/2017

Dear Saunders122 – We are sorry it has been necessary to return your car to us shortly after collection. We were happy that we had resolved the noise prior to collection, had we not have been satisfied, we would have stopped the collection and rearranged for when the car was ready.

Unfortunately the Nissan dealer are unable to get the part required immediately, due to the part being “back order”, which means they have no exact “estimated time of arrival”.

We apologise and accept it is disappointing to be without your car but want to reassure you that the repair if being completed by Nissan, under their warranty. We know until the parts are available to them, supplied by the manufacturer and fitted to the car, it will cause a delay.

Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss your recent purchase and/or aftersales visit, we are happy to discuss, help or advise wherever possible. Regards the Available Car team.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 04/03/2017 by 1989McGrath (1 review written)

Certain members of staff unhelpful and lose interest if you don't buy the first car you test drive!! Often don't call you back when you have a query… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/03/2017

Dear 1989McGrath – We really are disappointed to read such a negative review regarding your recent experience with Available Car Ltd.

Should this be a genuine customer comment, please feel free to contact us directly and ask to speak to a “Showroom Manager” so we can discuss your visit.

We would value the opportunity to deal with your enquiry thoroughly, efficiently and hopefully be able to supply you with an “Available Car” in the near future. Regards the Available Car team.

“Poor service and rude staff! Cannock branch ”

Written on: 25/02/2017 by Shoddycompany (1 review written)

My 80 year old Father in law purchased a car on 18 th Feb .. salesman told him it had 9 moths mot. He went home and tried to tax the car as he was told he could collect on 23 rd Feb . He found the car had no mot! Rang Cannock and a very rude, sharp , obstructive sales manager told him it was an icersught and would get the mot done in plenty of time for 23 rd collection . On 22nd he was told the car had not been seen too and the collection date was now 27 th or 28th . This was unacceptable as… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Shoddycompany's Review

Written on: 03/03/2017

The General Manager at Cannock was deeply concerned to read this account of your families recent experience and has personally investigated what happened and listened to all the phone call recordings. He has been in contact with both yourself and father in law to offer his apologies, discuss what happened and the points you raised whilst explaining his findings.

Your Father in law purchased a Seat Mi from ourselves on the 18th February. The customer service manager who dealt with the order mistakenly informed him the car had its first MOT 3 years after first registration when in fact we needed to complete its first MOT test prior to its delivery at 4.30pm on 23rd February.

As part of our provenance if a vehicle is due an MOT in less than 6 months, we complete a new MOT prior to delivery. Available Car Cannock employ two full time MOT testers and carry out all its MOT tests on site due to the size of the business. Due to a period of unprecedented demand and growth we had a large volume of cars requiring MOT tests so the car had to be booked for MOT the day prior to collection. The gas analyser used to check vehicles emissions as part of the MOT, developed a fault and the specialist engineer was unable to repair it on the day this car was due to have its MOT. At this point we were advised we would be unable to complete MOT test for several days meaning approximately 25 cars had to have their handovers delayed, whilst other cars were booked in at several local garages for MOT tests.

The customer service manager who originally completed the order with your father in law contacted him to explain what had happened.

On listening to the call your father in law was clearly annoyed and upset at the news as he had arranged to sell his old car to someone else rather than part exchange it and faced the prospect of being without a car. The member of staff did apologise multiple times but we agree that there was perhaps not enough empathy shown or thought to raise the points your father in law raised with a showroom manager.

Soon after we delivered this news, your husband contacted the showroom and our handover manager explained the unforeseen circumstances for delaying the handover and offered our apologies. The frustration and aggravation caused by us delivering this news was clearly apparent, which given the circumstances we understand. We were unable to meet the demands of lending your father in law a car in the meantime. When your husband asked to speak with somebody more senior, the handover manager tried to explain our position and deal with the issue which was appropriate for him to do so. Your husband insisted multiple times that we were wanting to cover each other’s backs but the handover manager did not want to get drawn into an argument. The handover manager finally offered on multiple occasions the name of the General Manager and offered a call back the following day, hoping to placate him, which your husband declined and hung up the phone. The handover manager immediately spoke with the showroom manager to explain your situation and that we needed to try further alternative garages in the morning to try and meet the original agreed 4.30pm delivery on the 23rd February. That evening we were not able to offer the guarantees or promises your husband was wanting.

You contacted our showroom manager later that evening with the suggestion of using a local Halfords for MOT in the morning. Having discussed this call with you subsequently, we agree the call was handled very well. Resorting to contacting more alternative garages in the morning was something the showroom and handover manager had already agreed to do following your husbands call. We did arrange this and the original delivery slot at 4.30pm on 23rd February was met.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the stress and annoyance caused during this. Clearly with hindsight and knowing the family circumstances we regret the solution to delivery wasn’t established sooner. Having the benefit of listening back to calls we disagree that the staff involved were rude and they were apologetic. At times they did get a little flustered during conversation and there is always room for improvement. We have taken steps to avoid such a reoccurrence with MOTs in the future. The General Manager has spoken to staff at the local Shell garage who so far have only given positive feedback about the staff.

Once again may we take this opportunity to wish your father in law many miles of trouble free motoring and should any issue arise the General Manager has offered to deal with his vehicle personally and at the minimum of inconvenience to himself.

Happychapynot's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2017

I did speak at length to the G.M , who was very understanding of the situation and DID AGREE with me that on listening to the recordings of the telephone calls ,he DID find the way in which we were spoken too and treated unexceptionable! Some call it rude, cocky, or direct as he did and if I could name the handover manager I would as he was totally unable to handle the situation and came over as rude , cocky and obstructive! but at the end of the day your response that the G.M did not find the hand over manager in the wrong is a lie!!! He was obstructive and openly agreed you all cover each other's backs.. as for not wanting to get into an argument... he instigated it by this lack of empathy and total unwillingness to sort out the problem , his attitude fueled the fire, I think he needs re training on how to deal with unhappy customers so that complaints are not made!!
I gave a true account of the poor service received and only hope that along with the many other bad reviews your company have , people take notice. This response does not reflect the honesty and understanding shown to myself or Father in law during our private telephone calls we had with the G.M , who has , in way of apology offered to send some sort of gift to my father in law, and told him that if anything goes wrong with the car within 12 moths he must contact him direct!! He agreed things should have been dealt with in a more professional manner and he had spoken to staff concerned. He has also apologised for the petrol light being on when the car was collected and offered to cover the petrol cost as " it had been noted the tank was low but someone had not done their job correctly and put some petrol in"
The comments made by the neighbouring file station.... I can only tell you what was said to my father in law on filling up ! I can fully understand if the staff spoken too have not divulged what they said as they would fear what could happen to them !
There were points left out of the original review which I felt too small to mention but as this response does not really bare any resemblance to the pleasant conversation , so perhaps I should mention that my father in law was pressured a number of times to buy addition products .(£1500 worth).. paint protection, gap insurance,warranty & parking sensors ( even though the car has them as standard) he had to say NO many times! The car also comes as standard with a sat nav! He was told by the sales man that he might not get it ! When asked why he was told " well you won't use it much will you" he may be 80 but he can work out how to use a sat nav I'm sure!
My husband told the sales man that if it's with the car then we want it!
At this point the very polite young man who took my father in law out on a test drive slept in and told the sales man the sat nav is with the car! I'm pleased to say it was in the car on collection .
For anyone out there thinking of going to buy from here, can I suggest you stand your ground and if anyone becomes slightly obstructive, cocky, rude or pushy .. don't argue just ask for the show room manager or the GM . They don't have the " used car salesman attitude!!
I am sorry this review doesn't truly reflect the findings of the complaint .
We look forward to seeing just what good will gesture / apology surprise my father in law receives....

Happychapynot's reply to Happychapynot's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2017

Just for any potential customers who have read this review and may be interested... it is now 12 th march and my Father in law has not received anything from Available car . as promised, as an apology for the upset and poor service !

It seems all staff tell you what you want to hear!

“Quick to sell slow to sort problems out!!”

Written on: 25/02/2017 by Sarah792 (1 review written)

Firstly have brilliant service buying the car no problems the but now they have my money it's a different story!! I have had the car 3 days and there is already a check engine light on well that's not right as it just had a full MOT before I took it, there should be nothing wrong with the car at all!! . So I rang available car based at Leeds and was put through to a woman to then told me there is nothing they can do until Tuesday which I think is quite unacceptable as I say I have had the car 3… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Sarah792's Review

Dear Sarah792

We are very sorry that you experienced a problem with your vehicle so soon after your collection date. We fully appreciate how upsetting and inconvenient it can be when things go wrong and we will always endeavour to try and accommodate customers as soon as possible and provide a courtesy car if one is available.

After further discussions between you and our Showroom Manager you were able to get your vehicle into site on the Saturday you contacted us enabling us to work on your car on the Monday and we were able provide you with a courtesy car on the Saturday as well. Whilst the vehicle was with us the fault was diagnosed as a faulty coil pack and oxygen sensor that requires replacement. Unfortunately this was not evident when the vehicle was inspected, test driven or on day of collection. Had they been present we would have of course attended to them prior to collection. We would like to this opportunity to clarify that the AA did not solve the problem, they code read the vehicle identifying a fault and then cleared that fault code. The yellow warning light did indicate a fault that required attention however as the light was not red it did not represent a danger.

That said, after reviewing the situation we could have done more to put your mind at rest and explain the situation better and for that we would like to offer our apologies.

Kind regards

The Available Car team

“dont touch available car warranty - its a lie (cannock...”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by markl920 (1 review written)

available car seemed like a pleasant experience, all went smoothly apart from the pressure sell when they talk you into taking the warranty saying the only things you don pay for are the wear and tear items breaks , tyres etc. they say stick to the service guidlines and it will be fine , i mention the local ford dealerships hodgsons and they say fine. So about later that year the car has some starting problems looks like it is software / ecu related, take it into the ford dealership i mentioned… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to markl920's Review

Written on: 03/03/2017

On behalf of the staff at Available Car Cannock we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an electrical issue 10 months after collection. Our aftersales team has made contact with you to discuss the issue and clarified the situation. The Available Car Warranty is a comprehensive 5 star product administered by Europe’s largest warranty company.

The warranty company are happy for the repairs to be completed by your Local Ford Main Dealer, but the Main Dealer needs to firstly diagnose the fault to establish if it is a valid claim. The warranty company will cover the cost of diagnosis once this has been established.

Available Car appreciates your frustration of having to agree with Ford to potentially have to pay for the diagnostics costs should the component not be covered or the claim not being valid, but we believe this would be the case with all extended vehicle warranties.

Available Car Cannock have offered a couple of hours free diagnostic, but in the circumstances we acknowledge and agree with yourself that the Ford Main Dealer workshop are best placed to carry out diagnosis and repair for this fault. Our aftersales manager has asked for you to keep in touch and we are here to offer assistance or advice with your claim.

We are confident that now this has been explained by our aftersales manager, you will be reassured by the warranty you have to cover the cost of the potential repair.

Regards the Available Car team.

“World Class Service is very misleading”

Written on: 11/02/2017

When you enter available car showroom for the first time the staff are extremely welcoming and pleasant - but be beware- the atmosphere has a distinct change when you come to buy a car. After many visits to the Leeds site I eventually selected a Ford Kuga BU64 VPR and booked test drive. I noticed there was a small dent on the rear panel but my main concern was the huge difference in tyre treads measurements - 3mm&6mm on the front - 3mm&7mm on the rear - this suggested there was a problem as the… Read Full Review

“Great service from start to finish”

Written on: 10/02/2017 by Justiceg250 (1 review written)

We saw a car at the Cannock site but we needed it moving to our local site in Leeds at a refundable cost of just £100.00. We phoned them after 9pm Sunday evening to arrange this. The car was at Leeds by late Monday evening. Hows that for service. We arranged for a viewing and test drive for the Thursday. First class meet and great from reception staff, showroom clean and tidy. Excellent extra long test drive with no rush or pressure to get back and sign on the dotted line. When we returned to… Read Full Review

Dear Justiceg250

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your positive experience about the purchase of your new car from our new Leeds store. We have passed on your fantastic comments onto the team at Leeds. On behalf of all the staff at Available Car may we wish you many happy miles of motoring and we hope you seen again in the future.
Regards

The Available Car team

“SHOCKING AFTERCARE (Sutton in Ashfield) ”

Written on: 05/02/2017

Well where do I start I purchased my corsa D after a few weeks of looking around at available car in sutton in Ashfield. I found a car I really liked and the sales people was very friendly and nice but this soon changed after I had payed for my car and drove away! I picked my car up on the 13th December 2016 which wasn't showroom standard at all didn't even look like had been valeted! Only a day later I noticed a fault with the radio as it wouldn't turn up and the unit it's self was very hot… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2017

Thank you for you kind comments in relation to our sales team being friendly, it is what we aim for and much appreciated. Please accept our apologies for the issues you have had with your Vauxhall Corsa and the amount of time it has taken for this to be resolved. On occasion, such as this, it is necessary for us to send a customer’s car back to a main dealer for work/repairs to be carried out. How long a car will be with a main dealer for repair is out of our hands, but we agree our aftersales team should have kept you more up to date with how the work on your car was progressing. This is an issue we are addressing.

We are glad to report that Vauxhall have now completed the work required on your car and it is back with you. We wish you many happy miles of trouble free motoring.

Regards the Available Car team.

“Available car Cannock, cocky, arrogant and negligent ”

Written on: 24/01/2017 by thenewt7 (1 review written)

I'm a 40 year old professional who has an 18 year old daughter. Over the years I've brought a fair few cars but have never been so patronised by staff... After walking through the entrance you immediately get confrontation from four disinterested staff, I should have walked away at this point but we were there for a car not the staff. After lookig around my daughter fell in love with a car so we sat down to do the deal (screen price!)... After near on £1000 extras sales pitch such as… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to thenewt7's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

On behalf of the staff and management at Available Car Cannock we are very concerned to hear about the account of your experience. The Branch Manager has unsuccessfully attempted to contact your daughter via phone and email to discuss your experience in more detail, and would welcome you to contact him.

When customers enter the showroom we have our helpdesk at the entrance and one our helpdesk staff will greet the customer, explain the layout of the display and offer a stocklist. They also explain that if you would like any more help or information to please come back to the reception for help. Available Car believes that a customer should be left alone to look at the cars on display and not be approached. At Available Car we don’t actually sell cars, we help customers buy. That’s a big difference to ordinary car dealers and we’ve found that people like it that way. We are sorry if this approach or the staff came across as disinterested when you arrived.

When your daughter had decided on the car she wanted the sale was completed by one of our Customer Service Managers. Part of this process includes explaining and offering additional products which your daughter decided to purchase. A sold car work request form was completed and signed by your daughter detailing that no additional work was requested other than an MOT. When the Customer Service Manager was explaining and offering his reassurance about what would happen with the vehicle between then and collection, this may not have been clear or explained correctly. He also advised the next service due was in 13 months or approximately 16,000 miles. We have double checked this for you and confirmed it to be correct. On the last service carried out by VW Nottingham, long life oil was used. This meant the car does not require a service for 2 years or 20,000 miles. The previous owner opted for the indicator to be sent at a 12 month interval, hence why the light illuminated early. We apologise that the light was not corrected prior to you taking delivery of the car.

Prior to the sale a 76 point inspection was completed on the vehicle. During this inspection it was recorded that the remaining tread on both front tyres were 4mm and the rear tyres were at 6mm tread depth. We are the only retailer to advertise vehicles with a copy of our Inspection Report on our website for customers to view. New tyres have 8mm of tread and the legal limit is 1.6mm. Available Car’s Provenance and process is to change tyres at a minimum of 2.5mm tread remaining. These readings are also confirmed by a quality controller. The tyres condition and depth is also checked during the MOT by a VOSA approved tester. Available Car are confident the vehicle was not delivered with tyres that would require replacing after one week. We agree that a screw could appear in the tyre at any point.

During our handover process we supplied your daughter with the V5 registration document and explained the process for taxing and registering the vehicle. The declaration section has also be signed by her and ourselves stating “ hereby acknowledge receipt of the V5 Registration Document and my responsibility to notify the DVLA.” The V5 registration document states that when you sell or transfer ownership privately “the person selling the vehicle as current registered keeper” must inform the DVLA. When a vehicle is sold by the Motor Trade this does not apply, as the DVLA have been informed by ourselves the vehicle is under our custody but we do not become the registered keeper. We believe that our process to avoid such instances of customers not registering cars has been followed correctly.

Available Car would like the opportunity to discuss this further or view any supporting documentation you may have. We would also welcome a re-inspection of the vehicle for your peace of mind. Regards the Available Car team.

“What an experience!”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by Teanosugar (1 review written)

I recently visited Castle Donnington to test drive a vehicle i had seen online. After walking into the branch it was more like entering a gorilla enclosure with the alpha males sizing up the new meat. The test drive went well and the boy who took me out was pleasant and chatty. After getting back and having the obligatory 10 minute waffle about paintwork and interior snake oil i was then sat down in front of one of the tie wearers. He said to me the following, and this is no word of a lie… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Teanosugar's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

Hi – What a terrible review of Available Car – Castle Donington.

Should this be a genuine and accurate account of your recent visit, we sincerely apologise. Under no circumstances should any member of the Available Car team speak to any customer in such a way.

The content regarding “Price” is true, we do not negotiate but that is not due to arrogance or disrespect but is because we price every car at its best possible price, transaction price, without the need to haggle or negotiate. This is usually very popular with our customers, as they know exactly how much each car will “cost to buy”.

We offer a “Price Promise” for every car that we sell, and want to provide a relaxed car buying service, not a hard sell or negotiation war. The “Price Promise” is designed to ensure that Available Car customers, get the best cars at the best possible prices, even if another Car Supermarket or Main Dealer has “the same” cars for sale, at a lower price. Should we be beaten on price, we will happily adjust the selling price of our car.

We would value speaking to you regarding your recent visit and would appreciate it if you would contact us directly, please mention your “Review Centre” comment when contacting us. Regards the Available Car team.

“Bartering not in their policy”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by JDB21 (1 review written)

I traveled 100 mile round trip to test drive a 1 year car. I liked the car and after consideration, I decided to go for it. I went back to the very polite assistant and asked to talk to a guy with a tie (these are the people you have to deal with if you want to buy a car) To my surprise, a very young lad was sat opposite the desk who I instantly disliked because of his kok sure attitude during my attempts to tailor a deal. After every attempt to negotiate on price or product, he robotically… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to JDB21's Review

Written on: 31/01/2017

Dear JDB21 – Every “Available Car” is offered for sale, at its transaction price. This does mean that we price the cars at the best price possible, as soon as it arrives. We do not inflate our asking prices and then leave the “negotiation” to agree a price, we treat all customer fairly and we advertise our cars at the price we sell them for. Simple!

Our first price, best price approach is usually very popular with our customers, it is not an arrogant “take it or leave it” approach. Every car has the “Available Car Price Promise” that guarantees should another Car Supermarket or Main Dealer be selling the same car, cheaper, we will adjust the selling price of our car for up to 7 days from the time of order. This allows our customers to shop in a relaxed and transparent environment, we do not agree that advertising/selling Available Cars at transaction price, without the added pressure of trying to “tailor a deal” or negotiate, makes us “ruthless”?

We do not expect comments such as, “kok sure” or “robotic” about our team, we expect our team to have conversations, give explanations and have a good, clear understanding with our customers.

We are sorry to read that you did not buy a car from us during your recent visit and we hope you will be happy with the car you have purchased. We hope to have the opportunity for you to shop with us again in the future. Regards the Available Car team.