Youngs Brew Buddy Lager Reviews

• Easy of Use

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“I have brewed my first and so far the only one beer...”

Written on: 11/11/2009

I have brewed my first and so far the only one beer from that hit. I and my friends loved it. I screwed up with storing it as I bought the pressure barrel and did not think about the CO2 injector so when I was pour the beer from the barrel the air was sucked to it. After two days beer was spoiled. Shame but when fresh it was great. Lesson learnt. I am very very begginer and will be happy to take any advice how slowly, step by step start brewing my own beer from scratch… Read Full Review

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“It's now 24th August and my lager has been clear for...”

Written on: 24/08/2008 by Baz1210 (3 reviews written)

It's now 24th August and my lager has been clear for about 4 days now, so for one reason or another, it was further behind schedule than i had hoped. I can't lay the blame squarely at Brew Buddy's door, because I was not able to lower the temperature of my brew as suggested. However, maybe the possibilty of delay due to temperature could have been made clearer in the instructions.

The resulting brew is very drinkable, somewhat more bitter than most commercial lagers, but this is not a problem… Read Full Review

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“Well here we are in August and I followed the Youngs...”

Written on: 12/08/2008 by Baz1210 (3 reviews written)

Well here we are in August and I followed the Youngs Brew Buddy Lager instructions to the letter. Unfortunately the lager has not yet cleared! And that is a week after the supposed completion date. It may be that the weather has been too warm and that I have not been able to drop the temperature of my brew low enough, but as I am keeping it outside in the garden shed I have no other ideas what I should do. I will update again if and when the lager becomes drinkable… Read Full Review

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“I only bought the kit today (13th July 2008) and I...”

Written on: 14/07/2008 by Baz1210 (3 reviews written)

I only bought the kit today (13th July 2008) and I began the brewing process this afternoon. As a near novice I had to give some thought as to whether I wanted to bottle, or pressure-barrel the final result. The pressure-barrel option seemed easier so I bought one at the same time. I tried homebrewing about 20 years ago and it was a lot of hassle and faffing about, also it was quite expensive to buy the initial set up and to start brewing - although still cheaper than pub or supermarket pints… Read Full Review

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“Made kit up with 2kg sugar to get a gravity of...”

Written on: 28/03/2008 by minexplorer (1 review written)

Made kit up with 2kg sugar to get a gravity of 1059.fermented to 1010 in 6 days at 20 degrees. Put in demis for another 5 where it dropped a few more degrees and cleared beautifully.
Having read more than once that lager kits taste more like beer than true lager I'm impressed. I've only tasted at 8 days after bottling though. Well recommend Youngs Brew Buddy Lager… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to 355017_minexplorer's Review

Written on: 12/10/2011

it does taste like beer, like a german lager/beer, i did mine with granulated sugar, the smell is horrible, the taste is ok, i won't use this lager again, stout for xmas next.