EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com Reviews

250

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Class action lawsuit is in order - CROOKED EXTORTIONISTS”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by Christian152 (1 review written)

I have suffered Eon for nearly 3 years. I moved into a social housing flat 3 years ago. Within months, Eon were bullying me daily with phone calls, emails and text messages telling me I owed them for arrears, even though I was paying them £40 to £60 per month every month. I tried to have a conversation with them via the phones, but they just kept talking over me and bullying me and insisting I owed them money, etc. I ended up in tears, distressed, and got CAB invovled. CAB managed to get… Read Full Review

“eon are bad - Bring back nationlisation! all is forgiven”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by 454Townsend (1 review written)

One star is over generous for this supplier. I would like to think that out there are suppliers who differ (please let me know). Our DD has just been recalculated, and we have been informed today that the increase will be £100 extra for the month with immediate effect. How can this practice even be legal? I can appreciate that usage was more and therefore an esitmate for future usage etc will be greater, but bearing in mind that the original calculation was eon's error there seems to be no… Read Full Review

Robert3142's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2016

I think you have made a fair summary of the situation !
Reading the reviews, Utility Warehouse seem to be quite good, many others (especially Cooperative Energy) are generally agreed to be terrible.

Dani_Cali's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2016

class action lawsuit against Eon is in order. A few years ago they were made to pay out 7.7 million for overcharging customers. they obviously havent learned a thing

“Worst energy suppliers ever!”

Written on: 08/12/2015 by Alits (1 review written)

What a pain this whole year with Eon has been. From a botched dual fuel switch, where they didn't actually managed to switch our supplies at the same time, requiring lots of chasing to get it right, and then the bullying phone calls to increase our monthly payments, only to find that we are in credit at the end of the year and didn't need to pay them as much each month, and finally when I ring to complain, a customer service system that requires me to sit on the phone for 5-7 minutes while an… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Alits's Review

Hi Alits

I'm really sorry you've had such a poor experience. To be honest, when changing supplier, it's not unusual for the electricity and gas to switch at different times. The way it works is that electronic messages pass between the two suppliers and certain third parties like the regional distributor, meter operator, meter reading agents, national databases etc. These messages let all those involved with your energy supply know about the changed circumstances. These third parties are very often different for the two fuels and react to the messages at different times. The switch itself takes about two and half weeks and we'll start supplying from the date advised on the paper work. It may, though, be a time after this before all the relevant information is in place and the account is fully up and running.

I'm sorry, too, about the difficulties on the phone. Monthly Direct Debits are set to spread energy costs over a year. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. They're based on current prices and past usage. If either changes, the payments will need to be amended as well otherwise the account will build up too much credit/debit.

To make sure you're on track for a zero balance, we review arrangements every quarter but, if necessary, will only change the amount at the mid-term and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if payments need to change but will leave it up to you to make any adjustments. Given the way energy use can vary, it's unlikely we'll exactly hit zero after 12 months so any credit balance over a fiver at this point is automatically refunded. Any debit balance is included in the ongoing arrangement and spread up to the next review.

Did you know you can take more control over the arrangement, including changing the monthly payments, through an online tool called the 'Direct Debit Manager?' Comes in handy should circumstances change. Provided you've registered with our website and the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we anticipate the account will be in credit/debit by the time of the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

As we've upset you so much, you're doing the right thing in going down the complaints route. You'll have a Complaint Manager who'll investigate and offer a resolution. If you're unhappy with the offer, you'll be put in touch with our Resolution Review team. This team will look at the complaint again both from yours and our point of view. They'll either uphold the offer or suggest an alternative. If you're still unhappy, we'll issue a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter so you can go to the Ombudsman for an independent review. Also, if the complaint's over 56 days old, you can go to the Ombudsman straightaway. No need to wait for a letter. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Again, I'm really sorry we've caused so much upset.

Dani_Cali's reply to Eonhelp's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2016

Eon - do you really think anyone on here wants to listen to your stories???

“I quit!”

Written on: 06/12/2015 by 391Vogel (1 review written)

I'm a pensioner living in sheltered accomodation, a 1 bedroom flat, I pay a monthly heating charge direct to my Housing association, so the only electricity I use is for things like lighting and hot water. I just received a letter from Eon telling me they had made changes to my Direct Debit, when I checked I found they had jacked up my monthly payment from £24 pm to £56. They gave me all the usual stuff about during winter months I will be using more electricity ... NO I WON'T, MY HEATING… Read Full Review

Hi 391Vogel

That's certainly a large increase. I'm sorry this has come as a shock. Thought it might help if I explain how our payment arrangements work and suggest a few things that could be of use in the future. Our Monthly Direct Debits are set to spread energy costs over a year with the aim of achieving as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. They're based on current prices and past usage. If either changes, the payments will need to be amended as well otherwise the account will build up too much credit/debit. At the annual review, any credit over a fiver is automatically refunded.

Were the previous payments covering your usage? If payments weren't covering the usage, a debit balance will probably have built up. Any debit balance will have been included in the new amount and spread up to the next review. This will cause an increase until the balance is cleared.

Has your tariff changed recently or is about to change? Quite a few of our fixed term tariffs have been coming towards the end recently. If you're on one of these, you may have been on discounted prices. As they come to an end, payment arrangements will be reviewed based on new, more than likely, higher prices. Again, this will cause an increase in the monthly amount.

So, what can be done? We've other tariffs available that might be a bit cheaper than the prices you're currently on. Have a look at our website. All our current deals are on there. I'd also pop your usage in kWh on to the comparison sites. This will list all the options available both with us and with the other suppliers.

If you've registered with our website, you can take more control of the arrangement, including altering the payments, through a tool called the 'Direct Debit Manager.' Comes in handy should circumstances change. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we anticipate the account will be in credit/debit by the time of the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There's more information about Direct Debits and the Direct Debit Manager, including a short film, on our website. It's under 'Help and Support.'

Long term, a good way to save money is by saving energy. When you've a minute, have a look at the 'Energy Saving' pages on our website. There are some great tips to help cut back on the amount of energy used.

Have you heard about the Energy Company Obligation (ECO)? This is a Government led scheme that aims to cut usage by providing help with energy saving stuff like loft and cavity wall insulation. There's more information on our website about this too. Also, as a pensioner, do you know if you're eligible for Warm Home Discount? Not much help this year, I know, as applications are now closed but might be of use for 2016/17. Last year it was £140 so worth a look.

Before I go, thought I'd mention our Rewards scheme. This lets you earn up to 1500 points each year. These can be exchanged for either Tesco Clubcard points or High Street Shopping Vouchers. It's free but you'll need to opt in to earn points. This can be done online too.

Sorry for going on 391Vogel and if I've told you stuff you already know but hope it's of interest.

Disgruntled72's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2016

i have had a similar experience as 391Vogel only our increase was £100 extra a month! Although I appreciate your explanation, i would further a appreciate an "no nonsense" approach to tarifs. Why are there so many different tarifs? why can't there be one tarif, a fair price for electricity. Ever since utlitlies have been privitised the public (sorry consumer) have been sold the lie that we are better off because we have "choice". I don't want choice i want fairness. When i called your customer helpline the person on the other end might well have been a machine as all she did was read from a screen and did not eve attempt to listen and understand in a cognitive manner. Maybe you can add "applied intelligence" to your training programmes. Seriously considering moving. the idea that any new direct debit is only given 10 days notice is abhorrent, most people get paid in monthly cycles and any other invoice is given a 28-day notice period, yet the sheer greed that dominates all utility companies makes this possible. If only your service was so exact.

Jde_56's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2016

You guys at Eon are always apologetic but I'm sorry it does not work for me any more, even your own Eon energy adviser who visited my home could not figure out why my bills were so high, anyway like I said after many years with Eon I give up, I've switched my supplier.

good riddance!

“EVEN IN DEATH”

Written on: 27/11/2015 by electrify (1 review written)

I'm a E-ON customer and also a fit's customer -but can they get it right NO the information goes in one ear and out of the other -they can mess up the smallest problem and make mountains from mole hills. A friend recently died and his partner had all his affairs to sort she tells me by far the worst of it was dealing with E-ON most others were no problem but not E-ON they cause more problems I sympathized as I never get anything but problems from this lot… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to electrify's Review

Written on: 04/12/2015

Hi electrify

I'm sorry dealing with us hasn't been very smooth. I'm sorry, too, for the loss of your friend. I do understand this is a difficult time and we've a dedicated area to look after accounts where there's been a death. The Bereavement Support Team is there to help relatives and executors sort things out. Do you know if your late friend's partner spoke to this team? If not and there's still things to sort out please ask her to contact them. There's more information including contact details on our website. They're open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

We also work with an independent company who are probate and executor specialists. They're all trained grief counsellors sensitive to bereavement issues. If it would help your late friend's partner, we can put her in touch with them.

You mention other difficulties. Is there anything specific I can help with? If the problems are with the FIT scheme, we've a specialist area for this too. We've advisors dedicated to all things FIT. They're available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 4pm Saturdays. There's more details about our FIT services on our website. You can register your FIT account online too. Through this, you can send us your meter readings as well as being able to see your statements and generation history.

Our website also has online forms for both Bereavement Support and FIT. If preferable, these can be used instead of phoning. Sorry again for the difficulties you've had electrify. Let me know if I can help as happy to do so.

“(disallowed word)s”

Written on: 01/10/2015

ANSWER THE BLOODY PHONE! Avoid this lot like you would Asbestos. When they disallowed word something up, and they probably will, you will spend hours of your time on hold waiting for them to answer the phone and they still wont sort it. … Read Full Review

Written on: 12/11/2015

Sorry for the really late reply. Just noticed this review. Hopefully you've made contact now. Have we resolved the issue? What was it about?

We definitely had difficulties earlier this year with long call waiting times so took various measures to make this better. This included taking on more advisors and looking at our internal systems to make things more efficient when customers needed us. It's taken time but call waiting has steadily improved as we've gone through 2015. For instance, as I write this (9.30am), there's a call waiting time of less than a minute in our Residential Contact Centre.

We've also revamped our website and included lots more information so customers don't always need to phone. There are tools on the website to help too. These include the 'Direct Debit Manager' where customers can make changes to their payment arrangements to better suit new circumstances. Other online services include giving meter readings, paying bills and changing tariff. Payments and meter readings can be sent through our Smartphone App as well.

Where the information/tools don't sort a query, we've improved the 'contact us' pages by updating the phone numbers of specialist teams like Prepayment, Home Moves, Smart Meters etc. Going directly to a team saves contacting the Call Centre and then having to be transferred to another area. There's also a form to email a query. We're on Social Media too. You can contact us through our twitter and Facebook channels. Our social teams are available from 8am to 8pm weekdays and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Sorry again for long wait but hope this shows we've taken the problem seriously and are actively doing something about it.

“High monthly payment”

Written on: 20/09/2015

Hi I have been advised by EON I have to pay 122 pound a month electric payment??????i have had no heating on all summer how can I use this much electric I a 2 bed studio flat no dishwasher ?????… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/09/2015

Hi

Totally realise how these proposed increases can seem difficult to understand. Just need to ask a few questions. Have you been billed up to date using accurate meter readings or have estimates been used? If estimated, let us have up to date readings and we'll be happy to rebill the account and review your payments.

Even if the last bill is accurate, have previous bills been estimated? Sometimes, in these cases, a catch up bill can add charges following some under-estimated bills. This can give a false impression of usage.

Is there any debt on the account? If there is, this will be included in the ongoing payments and spread up to the next review. Again, this will ratchet up the monthly amount. Thought it might help if I give you some information about how these arrangements work. Sorry if you already know this and I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs.

Energy usage changes during the year and you'll probably use more in winter than summer. A Monthly Direct Debit spreads this cost over the year. The amount is based on current prices and usage. If either changes, the payment will need to be amended as well otherwise accounts will build up too much credit/debit. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. At this point, any credit over a fiver is automatically refunded. Any debit is included in the ongoing arrangement and spread up to the next review.

To make sure accounts are on track, we review arrangements quarterly. Any changes, though, will only be made by us at the midpoint and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if payments need to change but leave it up to you to make any adjustments. I suspect your account is at either the halfway or annual stage.

If you've registered with our website, you can take more control over the arrangement, including altering the payments, through an online tool called the 'Direct Debit Manager.' Comes in handy should circumstances change. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we anticipate the account will be in credit/debit by the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. It's a great way of keeping on top of the arrangement.

Sorry for all the questions. Trying to understand what's happened here. Hope the other information's of interest.

Kingventor's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2015

I sympathise! Having recently received a letter from EON saying my monthly debits were going up by £109 per month, it turned out their calculations were based on ESTIMATED readings !! I seriously advise you to look into this & check that this is not also your case. When I challenged this amount, the £599 bill they said I owed them was immediately cancelled, and I went into £25 credit !!
I have since had it in writing from EON that they don't consider themselves obliged to,read your meter more than once every TWO YEARS !! A person can rack up a HECK of an overpayment from estimated readings in two years!
Take my advice, make sure your £122 bill is not based on a wildly inaccurate ESTIMATE !! After all, it would hardly be the first time for EON...

Kingventor's Comment

Written on: 08/12/2015

Sorry guys, I've now noticed that I typed £599 (see above comment) instead of £566.

In fact, to be precise the total amount that EON claimed I owed them was £566.98 ! They have since agreed to compensate me with £100 for the year and a half that I have had to spend trying to figure out the cause of their mistakes by myself, since none of their so-called "Resolutions Managers" -- (and don't they have a lot of those!) -- seemed to be clued-up enough to get to the bottom of the matter themselves.

But now I'm refusing to accept this financial compensation unless they also get a person in authority to assure me that they will stop calculating debt, and/or putting up customers' direct debits, on the basis of two or more consecutive Estimated readings.

IS ANYONE ELSE WITH ME ON THIS ??

Written on: 11/12/2015

Morning

I hope my post yesterday shows our commitment to keeping estimated bills to a minimum. We will, though, continue to use estimates where we're unable to obtain actual readings. This flags up to customers that charges are estimated and, hopefully, prompts them to contact us with up to date readings. We'll then rebill accurately. Regular payments, even against estimates, also help keep arrears down and limit the number of large catch-up bills once readings are received. If there is a catch-up bill, we'll be happy to look at setting up a payment arrangement to spread the balance over a more manageable period. Usually, this is about the same length of time as the bills were estimated.

Where we hold a good history of the usage at properties and circumstances are relatively unchanged, estimates can be quite accurate. I totally take your point, though, that where this history isn't available or circumstances have changed, they can be wide of the mark.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the resolution offered by one of our Complaints Managers. Have you spoken to our Review Team? If not, this is the next stage along our complaints path. They'll look at the complaint again both from yours and our point of view. They'll either uphold the offer already made or suggest an alternative. After this, if you're still unhappy, we'll let you have a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter so you can go to the Ombudsman for an independent review. Although, if the complaint is over 56 days old, you can go to the Ombudsman now. No need to wait for a letter. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Sorry again you're unhappy with the resolution offered and hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Written on: 10/12/2015

You're absolutely right Kingventor. It's always best to use actual rather than estimated meter readings. This helps keep the billing and payments accurate. We do attempt to read meters but are always happy to accept a customer's readings. In fact, we'll happily rebill any estimated account if a customer lets us have their readings. Thought it might help if I explain what we do at the moment and some of our future plans to help improve this service.

It's right that, by law, we need to check meters once every two years. This is to make sure they're safe and recording usage correctly. To help bill accurately, though, we attempt to read meters much more frequently. In the majority of areas, for residential customers, we now attempt to read them once every 6 months. We've other things in place to help increase the accuracy of our billing and improve the service we give.

For instance, we're currently rolling out Smart Meters across the country. These meters send readings directly to us via electronic messages. Takes away the need for customers to read meters or reps to visit except, that is, for the 2 year safety call. They're free but aren't available everywhere yet. Availability depends on things like the area, current metering set up and strength of the mobile phone signal. We are, though, looking to be in a position to be able to offer them to all our customers in the next few years. If you're interested, you can register an interest now. There's more information including a registration form on our website. It may be we can fit one now. This will stop a similar situation happening in the future.

There are various channels customers can use to send us their readings. As well as phoning them in (8am to 8pm weekdays and 8am to 6pm Saturdays), customers can send them through our website, by text, email, letter or through our mobile phone app. If it helps and provided they've registered with our website, they can also create their own bills online through a tool called 'Real Time Billing.' Here, when readings are entered, customers have a choice of seeing the balance that would result or creating a bill to those readings. If they go for 'request a bill' they'll be able to see this online within 24 hours. It's a great way of keeping on top of things.

There's another online tool to help make sure all's going well and to give customers more control over their payment arrangements. It's the 'Direct Debit Manager' I mentioned above. Just to confirm, provided customers have registered with our website and the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Comes in handy should circumstances change. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let customers know by how much their account will be in credit/debit by the time of the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

The two year obligation you were told about applies in extreme cases and usually where we can't gain access to meters. Before this point is reached, we'll write to customers asking them to contact us so a visit can be arranged. This is free and we'll look to make an appointment at a mutually convenient time.

As well as helping customers, accurate readings also benefit us when we're assessing how much energy we'll need to meet future demand. All in all, the more actual readings we have, the better it is for everyone. I'm sorry you had such a bad time with your bills Kingventor but I hope this shows our commitment to taking as many actual readings as possible.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 25/08/2015 by lvPeck271 (1 review written)

I have been with Eon for more than 7 years and during my entire period the service from Eon has been awful and to cap things off when I switched to Ecotricity Eon made the process awkward. The final straw was Eon's use of Indian call centres though the Indian people on the line are extremely reluctant to admit it is an Indian call centre. What a relief to be with Ecotricity now where I get good polite prompt service. Not the cheapest but worth the extra. Only now do I realise how bad Eon… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2015

Hi IvPeck271

I'm really sorry you've been so unhappy with our service for such a long time. Was there anything in particular that upset you? What did we do to make your switch awkward? We're always keen on feedback, both good and bad, as it helps us improve.

All our Call Centres are based in the UK and I can definitely confirm our advisors comments that you weren't speaking to someone in India.

Sorry again we've upset you.

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 03/07/2015 by mozz1967 (1 review written)

E on worst customer service if I can get just one person to think twice about using this company who is based in Germany and there customer service rated one of the worst and I'm here to tell you it is and if you complain or say the wrong thing like take out your service from my house or I will they phone the police and waste valuable police time they are a disgrace and just want to get as much money out of us as possible Try another company be warned.. … Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to mozz1967's Review

Written on: 08/07/2015

Hi mozz1967

I'm sorry we've caused you to feel this way. How have we managed to upset you so much? We've set procedures and advisors who deal exclusively with complaints. They'll look at your account and go through your particular concerns. At the end of the review, they'll offer a resolution. If you reject this, another advisor will take a second look to see if anything can be done differently. They'll either uphold the original resolution or offer an alternative. At this point, if you're still unhappy, you can go to the Energy Ombudsman for an impartial review.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction mozz1967. There's more information on how we handle complaints on our website too.

“GREAT CHAT”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by mr_bars (1 review written)

I spoke to someone today to pay any out standing balances, he gave me quite a shock when he told me the bill. He broke the down in a good and understanding way. He was very patient with me has I did put him on hold for a bit. Cut a long story short, this guy VERY GOOD at his job. I want his team leaders/managers know that. It was good talking mate, have a good day, … Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to mr_bars's Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

Hi

It's good to hear you were pleased with the service you received. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. If you know the advisor's name, I'll be happy to pass on your comments to him and his manager. If you prefer, you can send the details to me.

Thanks again for the review and have a good day.

E.ON Company Representative

Eonhelp's Response to mr_bars's Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

Sorry mr_bars, should've added, you can take away the shock element by keeping an eye on the billing through our website. If you register the account online and enter meter readings, you'll be given the option of seeing the balance that would result or issuing your own bill to these readings.

Provided the account isn't in the billing window (14 days either side of the next bill date for quarterly customers), you'll have this option each time you enter meter readings. Helps you keep track of how much you're using so no sudden shocks. Readings entered inside the billing window automatically result in a bill. The date of the next bill can also be found online once logged in.

Hope this is of interest mr_bars.

E.ON Company Representative

“Terrible, Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 26/03/2015 by Jonathan141 (1 review written)

From day one I experienced awful service from this company. Switching energy providers should not be that complicated. Eon had, upon opening a new account, taken down my details wrong. Opened my account in the wrong flat, even after numerous times being informed we were in fact an upper flat, they put our details down as a ground floor flat. This meant that this flat was already registered to EON. living alone, receiving bills for a family of 5 living beneath me. I am 22 years old and felt as… Read Full Review

“does not listen to customer ”

Written on: 06/03/2015 by 98Wise (1 review written)

we contacted various occasion and informed why you are using estimated GAS meter reading when the tenant run out and damaged property. They are are unable to answered it and even while the property was empty they charging high bill to landlord. They dont have any evidence for the opening meter reading of the period. they are just using "ESTIMATED METER READING " TO CHARGE LANDLORD. WE DON'T MIND TO PAY STANDING CHARGES AND ACCURATE SUPPLY WE USED. They have passed our details debt collectors… Read Full Review

“Giving the Best Assistance”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by HoldenHackler68 (5 reviews written)

I found Eon & Gas Electricity to be extremely helpful. They give the right meter reading that pays the price. They also agreed with my monthly commitment. I can stick to an accurate monthly bill. Their bills show the correct figures. Apart from it, I saw that my balance was calculated outstandingly. The advisers gave their best assistance to us and they are by far the best supplier I’ve ever met. … Read Full Review

Sophiaw855's Response to HoldenHackler68's Review

Written on: 28/01/2015

You can earn clubcard points with Eon too!

“The Best Service Ever”

Written on: 23/01/2015 by JaredWalters353 (4 reviews written)

I can say that I am satisfied with their service. Eon Gas & Electricity simply amazed me because of their assistance. Apart from it, they provide the electricity that meets the needs of my family. They are ethical in a sense that I get what I paid for. I am amazed because they are a dependable supplier. Just by consistently paying the bill, you get to have the best service. … Read Full Review

“Absolutely Excellent Service”

Written on: 23/01/2015 by GunnerBrown24 (3 reviews written)

After switching to EON Gas & Electricity, I believed that it is the best company I’ve ever dealt with. They also give the best value to my money. They helped me every step of the way. There is no need to be confused because their products are absolutely excellent. They are great for us. … Read Full Review

“Customer relations”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by Jairo365 (1 review written)

my mother is 94yrs old & suffers from Alzheimers and has lived with me for the past 3yrs - her own property was some 100miles away - once she had moved in her utility bills were redirected via mail service, after 2yrs this ceased so I asked the companies to send her bills to her at my address- British Gas & Anglia water had no problem with this, but E-0n refused to do so quoting Data Protection, so the past year I have driven 200miles to take meter reading and pick up her e-0n bill - despite… Read Full Review

“Would Love To Recommend!”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by FinnAgnew55 (5 reviews written)

E.ON is indeed an excellent company to trust. It provides surprisingly great energy and electricity solutions that only the top power and gas companies can provide. Their strategic goal is to offer better and cleaner energy and I can say they were able to accomplish it through delivering innovative energy technologies and services tailored to meet the specific needs of customers and through helping people across the United Kingdom to be energy sustained. … Read Full Review

“An absolute sham”

Written on: 20/01/2015 by LaneBoone55 (4 reviews written)

The bills they send to you are ridiculously high and bogus. Apart from all that, the service rendered is a nightmare. I asked them to fix my boiler and they did not respond for 72 hours!… Read Full Review

“Excellent Customer Services!”

Written on: 16/01/2015 by DaltonRollison39 (4 reviews written)

Being one of the leading gas and power companies in UK, E.ON has proved that they are worth considering with their great services and exceptional customer services. I was able to easily contact the company through its contact us section in which a range of recipients are available. This enabled me to easily and directly send my enquiry to a specialist. Also, they have a separate help section when it comes to customer enquiries about electricity or gas usage in their business or home… Read Full Review

“Great E.ONís Locator Tool!”

Written on: 15/01/2015 by GaryBrower57 (3 reviews written)

When it comes to providing information about the installation of solar panels, I found E.ON really helpful. Not only have they provided useful information to customers, but also great energy solutions perfect for the demanding needs of consumers like us. I also get to use the E.ONís locator tool, which helped me significantly in finding the closest top-up site using our prepayment meters. … Read Full Review