EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com Reviews

268

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 18/02/2017 by 430McDonald (1 review written)

I phoned E-on help line to try sort out a problem. However, the biggest problem is getting someone to answer the phone. They not only play awful music but constantly tell you "We are sorry for the delay" what a load of rubbish. I held on for 29 minutes and in the end they beat me. I had to hang up before I hung myself. I then dialed the New Customer Line. I could not even get through on that. WARNING KEEP AWAY FROM E-ON if you want any sort of customer service… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Hello 430McDonald and sorry you were on hold for so long and didn't like the messages/music. Has the problem been sorted? What was it?

There are other ways to contact us which might save you the hassle of waiting on the phone. Have a look at the new online Live Chat service on our website. Advisors are online from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays. They'll be happy to chat.

On the same page, there's a link to our email service. There are our social media channels too. Advisors are on our twitter and Facebook feeds at similar times to the Live Chatters.

Sorry again for the delay but hope this gives you some different options should you need us in the future.

“RIP OFF COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by Kye1100 (1 review written)

After leaving my previous property 3 years ago, I get a bill for £1555, when I rang them Im told actually it is £2888-76p. After 4 resolution managers that promised to help,I was told not to call them again as they did not know what had gone wrong. I paid my bills weekly, yet Eon say I haven't paid a penny. I went to the ombudsman who states in his report that customer service is totally failing, yet finds that they should give me £50, an apology and I pay the money back, which I have… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Kye1100's Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello Kye1100 and sorry you've had such a bad time with us.

Sounds like your payments have been misdirected so your old account is showing charges for usage only but no payments. The bills we sent at the time will have shown this. Did you raise this with us then? If you did, there'll be notes on the account we might be able to use.

As you made weekly payments through a Post Office, there should be a paper trail to help track them down. You've probably already been asked this and sorry for repeating but, in these situations, we need the date the payment was made, method of payment, the full amount paid and the number on the receipt. Totally appreciate it's 3 years ago but we do need something to work with.

Also looks as though bills were estimated at first and then billed up to date once we had actual readings causing a catch up bill to be raised. Although we try to read meters more often, we're only legally obliged to do this every 2 years. We're always happy to accept a customer's readings though and provide many ways to do this including online through our website or phone app, by phone or text, email or letter.

Do you know why we changed the meter?

Although the Ombudsman's decision is binding on us, it's not on you. You can certainly take this further.

I'm guessing a lot here and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

“no problems with eon”

Written on: 02/11/2016 by zebdog (1 review written)

Never really had any problems with eon, apart from when I changed my bank account details and my direct debit went up by £7 and there was no way I could change it, however I was emailed by eon to say my direct debit was going down to the original price I was paying and they would refund me my credit balance. (possibly because I was coming to the end of my contract) but I found submitting meter readings easy and navigating the online account easy. would like to stay with them but sadly they are… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to zebdog's Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello zebdog and sorry for the late reply.

Glad you've generally been pleased with the way we've looked after you and totally understand about our current prices.

On the Direct Debit, when you changed the bank details did you also alter the collection date? This can sometimes cause an increase. It takes a couple of weeks for banks to update and can lead to a payment being missed. To make sure accounts are on track for as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review, the arrangement might have been reviewed to account for this. Guessing though.

There's a tool on our website to give you more control over these arrangements. It's the Direct Debit Manager. Provided you've registered with our website, you can use this tool to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we expect the account to be in credit/debit if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

At the annual review, any credit balance over a fiver is automatically refunded and the arrangement reviewed based on the last 12 months usage and current prices. I suspect this is what happened here.

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review zebdog and sorry again for the late reply. Sorry, too, if my guesswork is off beam.

“Data Protection - no!”

Written on: 21/10/2016 by 389Peck (1 review written)

Totally inaccurate records, wrongly recorded me as having storage heating, having two electricity supplies, wrongly objected to me switching to a new supplier based on their faulty records re the supply, wrote to me to inform me of the objection but listed an entirely wrong account number. When contacted to inform them of the problems, the call taker asked me ' What do you expect me to do, I've apologised for a human error'… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello 389Peck and sorry for the late reply.

Also sorry the advisor you spoke to didn't do more to help or explain what had happened.

Guessing but this sounds as though storage heaters were fitted at some time in the past. I often come across properties where they were originally fitted but replaced as electric heating can be expensive. It could be we weren't told so wouldn't know a change had taken place. If they were fitted, they often come with a specific type of meter that gives cheaper off peak electricity at certain times of the day for heating and hot water. If I might explain.

Storage heaters are insulated boxes containing bricks with electric elements running through them. They charge up during the cheaper off peak times. The bricks retain the heat which is then released gradually throughout the day. A common complaint with storage heaters is a tendency to leak heat and to cool down too early. As a result, the industry came up with multi rate meters like Heatwise and Economy 10. As well as an off peak night period, these meters charge up in the afternoon and evening. This ‘tops up’ the stored heat to help properties stay warm throughout the day.

To work, the meter is wired directly into the heating/water heating circuits at properties. This lets the meter automatically turn the heating on during the off peak periods and off again afterwards. During the off peak times, all electricity used for heating/water heating that goes through these dedicated circuits is recorded as separate meter readings.

With this type of set up, there are two meter supply numbers. One for electricity used for the heating as above and a second for all other electricity used.

When switching with this type of meter, the new company needs to apply for both supply numbers. If they don't, the switch will be rejected. You'll need to let the company know so they can re-apply for both supply numbers.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree but hope this explains why the switch might have been rejected. Sorry again for the late reply and hope you've now managed to switch.

E.ON Company Rep

“Awful Service from E.ON and the Ombudsman did not help!”

Written on: 20/10/2016 by mont410 (1 review written)

E.ON provided my gas and electric from June 2014 when I moved into my current property. In November 2015 they contacted me to say I had requested my gas supply to be moved to another provider - I had not. I contacted them straight away and they said it was an error and it would get amended. Despite numerous calls and emails this was not resolved. E.ON said this was due to a problem with the National Database. They then amended my account to just Electricity supply. I reported this to the… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to mont410's Review

Written on: 10/11/2016

Hello mont410 and sorry for all the problems. This seems a real mix up.

To start with, it sounds like you suffered from what's known as an Erroneous Transfer (ET). This is where a supplier takes over the wrong account. It happens a lot where information held by the National Databases is wrong. These databases hold the details of all meters in the country and suppliers use them when moving accounts from one to another. Usually, the gaining supplier sends the account back to the original supplier as though it had never been away. The National Databases are then updated with the right details.

Does the meter serial number on our bills match the one on your meter? If it does, we'll have been charging for the right gas even though the wrong address is on the bills.

If the meter serial numbers don't match, I suspect it's a crossed meter. These tend to happen mainly on new builds or after a meter exchange. It's where the meter details become mixed up between different properties. They can take quite a time to sort out, particularly with new builds where there might be quite a few properties involved. We've specialist teams who look after crossed meters. They investigate what has been mixed up, sort it out and rebill accounts using the right meter and readings.

As this has gone to the Energy Ombudsman, we won't re-open the case unless they tell us to. Best to go back to the Ombudsman and tell them you're not satisfied with their resolution. If they tell us to re-open the case, debt follow up will stop. It'll continue in the meantime though.

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear but hope the other information is a bit more useful.

“I'm happy with Eon”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by 315Nolan (1 review written)

I have been with Eon for a few years now, always look for better deals with other suppliers but after taking everything into consideration, stick with Eon. Whenever I have telephoned them they have been very helpful and explained in detail my options. The Smart meter is brilliant and thankfully don't have to send in meter readings anymore. (Recently they were recalled due to safety issues and have been replaced, but these things happen some time!). Periodically I accumulate Tesco points or… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2016

Hello 315Nolan and many thanks for taking the time to write this. It's greatly appreciated.

Glad we've been looking after you and you like the Smart Meter. Sorry there was a bit of a problem with the power adaptor on the Energy Display. As you say, sorted now.

Also pleased you like the energy saving advice on our website and emails. There are lots of tips to help customers save money by saving energy.

Thanks again for posting 315Nolan and have a great weekend.

“Great Bereavement Care”

Written on: 25/09/2016

Every time I rang E.On after my father's death last year they were so helpful and kind; they have a designated Bereavement Team and they always did their best to help me sort out my Dad's bills etc...couldn't fault them. And they were very sensitive at this difficult time… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/09/2016

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss. Please accept my condolences and thank you for taking the time to write this. It's greatly appreciated.

We do have a special team who look after accounts where there has been a bereavement . I'll forward this to them and thanks again for posting.

E.ON Company Rep

“Smart Meter Appointments a Joke”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by qpQuinlan1982 (1 review written)

Customer service is awful. Engineer turned up to fit a smart meter and after half an hour decided we couldn't have one - signal problems - and this despite the engineer checking on his computer in advance that it was fine. Made a complaint but was essentially ignored - "oh, this can happen". I wasted a morning and was offered a derisory £5 in compensation. The guy I spoke to was unhelpful and robotic. I would have rather have spoken to a robot - at least I could have sworn at it! My advice… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/09/2016

Sorry for the inconvenience qpQuinlan1982. Have to say, I've come across this type of thing before.

As you say, it's important there's a strong mobile phone signal. It may be the area shows as having a strong enough signal but local circumstances water it down sufficiently to make it unusable for Smart Meters. These circumstances can be things like certain materials between the two points that are trying to communicate. Initially, it could've looked like all would be okay but further tests would prove the opposite. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about how our Smart Meters work.

The electricity meter is the hub of the operation. It stores, sends and receives information. If there's a gas meter, this will send readings to the electricity meter and the electricity meter sends information to the Energy Display and back to us. Any material between the two points trying to communicate can affect the signal quality. Wood, plasterboard and other building materials generally have a minimal effect on the signal but thick stone and concrete can have a bigger impact. Metal has the biggest effect on the signal.

Our engineers carry out various onsite tests to see if the signal is strong enough. For example, they use Sniffer Units to test the low power radio signal by placing the transmitter at the electric meter and the receiver at the gas meter and/or Energy Display. If the signal is below a certain level, it's likely it won't be sufficient and the job will be aborted.

Not saying this applies to your situation qpQuinlan1982 . It's just something that can happen.

I'm also sorry you weren't happy with the way we looked after your complaint. I'd recommend referring this to our Review Team. They'll take a second look and either uphold the original resolution or offer an alternative. If you're still unhappy after this, we'll let you have a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter. You can use this to go to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review. Although, if the complaint's more than 56 days old, you can go to the Ombudsman now. No need to wait for a letter.

Hope this helps explain and sorry again for the inconvenience.

“Energey rats”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by alexchen (1 review written)

Really make me angry.E-ON sent a bill to me half year before and obviously overchaged.When I doubt that electricity spending only 775Kws which is half of last two months,they still stick to it's the same payment as previous two months of 1338Kws! And they want me to offer the docs that I never got to prove the overcharge details half year ago! I will never ever select this supplier! You must be very careful when you switch to/from this supplier because most of the nasty things happen… Read Full Review

Alexchen's Response to alexchen's Review

Written on: 16/09/2016

By the way, I currently take British Gas with a bill of average 42 pounds per month since beginning of 2016 compared to that of 48 pounds taken from only 2 weeks of E-ON. Not to mention during that two weeks I traveled to Asia and actual day spending is only the fridge! God bless the pocket of energy rat!

Eonhelp's Response to alexchen's Review

Written on: 28/09/2016

Hello Alexchen and sorry for the late response.

Is the bill you mention based on actual meter readings or estimates? Was it a final bill following a change of supplier?

With a change of supplier, it's the new supplier's responsibility to let the old supplier have the meter readings they intend to use to start their account. The old supplier uses the same readings to close their account and issue a final bill. This stops the same energy being charged twice. If this is the case, make sure the readings we've used on our final bill match those used by your new supplier to start their account.

If you disagree with the readings, there's an industry wide process you can use to change them and have the account re-billed. It's called an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD). The difference, though, needs to be above set limits. These are more than 250 units (electricity) and 125/45 units (5 dial/4 dial gas meter). Either supplier can start an ARD. If you think this might apply, let us or your new supplier know and we'll be happy to see what can be done.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction Alexchen and sorry if I've the wrong end of the stick. If I have, please let me have some more details and I'll be happy to advise further.

Alexchen's Response to alexchen's Review

Written on: 16/09/2016

“Bullies”

Written on: 24/08/2016

Bullying standoffish and that was their complaints department. Had me in tears over their mistake. This was with how they spoke to me and dealt with me. Best thing I did was switching font see how a company is allowed to treat people this way. Just awful… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2016

I'm sorry we upset you so much. Did we resolve the complaint? What was it about?

You don't have to leave things there. The complaint can be taken further. If you haven't already, I'd recommend sending it through to our Reviewers. They'll go over what's happened and look at how the complaint has been dealt with. They'll either offer an alternative resolution or uphold the original one. If necessary, they'll also give feedback to the advisor and their manager.

That's not the end, though. If you're still unhappy, we'll send you a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter and you can use this to go to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review. The Ombudsman's decision is binding on us but not on you.

Don't feel as though there's nothing you can do. As we've upset you to such an extent, I'd certainly go down this route. There's more information on our website about how we look after complaints too.

E.ON Company Rep

“TO BE AVOIDED LIKE A PLAQUE”

Written on: 06/08/2016

I was with EON for over a year, I started off paying £23 a month for electricity only, then increased to £126 a month (for a 2 bedroom new built flat that I only use 4 days a week). Few months after EON increased my monthly payment I decided to switch company and after a careful calculation of my meter readings and my electricity usage I was due a refund. Did I mention a refund? ( wait for it )....after few phone calls to EON non-existent customer services, I was told to wait for my final… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/08/2016

Hello Guest. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the way the switch is going. Thought I'd pop on with a bit of information about what happens when a supply changes hands.

With energy switches, it's the responsibility of the new supplier to let the old supplier have the meter readings they intend to use to open their account. The old supplier will use the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy being charged twice.

From what you've said, it looks like there's a large difference between the readings sent to us by the new supplier and the previous ones on your account with us. This possibly led to the bill of +£500. To put this right, I suspect what's known as an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) has been raised. This is an industry wide process used by most suppliers to agree start/closing readings between them. The account is then re-billed to these new readings. Possibly leading to the £202 you mention. I'd check our closing readings match the opening ones used by the new supplier. Although you're unhappy with this revised charge, if the readings match, it's likely the billing will be correct. It's just that you might be being asked to pay for more units than expected by us. This should balance out as the new supplier should be billing fewer units to compensate.

Also, as we increased your monthly payments from £23 to £126, there might already be an outstanding balance on your E.ON account. I suspect this increase may because previous payments weren't covering the ongoing usage. Anything outstanding when the account moves away will be included on the final bill. This may be giving a bit of an extra lift to the charges you were expecting.

I'd have a talk to your complaint handler about the final bill. It might be possible to set up an arrangement to pay this over a longer period. A formal payment plan will stop the follow up you've been receiving. This follow up will continue without a plan or payment in full.

I'm speculating a lot here and sorry if I'm wide of the mark.

E.ON Company Rep

“avoid these e.on new smart meters”

Written on: 03/08/2016 by 157Healy (1 review written)

e,on is passed a joke should have come to fit new smart meters on 13 6 16 they never turned up re arranged to be fitted today 28 6 16 , engineer turned up fitted the so called new meters he explained to us what we needed to do to top up credit, went to one post office they had no idea what i was going on about and had no facilities to credit these new smart meters, so i went to a second post office to see if they knew how to credit these new meters, they were exactly the same and didnt have any… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/08/2016

This sounds an absolute nightmare 157Healy and I'm sorry you're having so many difficulties. On the no show to change the meter (13 June 16), depending on the circumstances, you might be entitled to a payment under our Guaranteed Standards of Service. Ask your complaint manager about this.

It looks like you're trying to sign up to our Smart Pay As You Go scheme. I'm really sorry this is dragging on. Have we said why there’s such a long delay in fitting a Smart Pay As You Go Meter? I know they've proved popular and we've more requests than we anticipated when we first launched them. This is relatively new technology so thought it might help if I post a bit of information about them.

Once installed, as well as the Post Office, you'll be able to top up whenever you like by card through a smartphone using the E.ON app (only available on Android and Apple iOS7 or later devices), online or by using our automated Freephone service. You'll also be able to top up at shops or agents. Vouchers can be bought at Post Offices or retail outlets offering ePay. These can then be activated through the app, online or via the Freephone service. Also, you'll be able to move cash between the electricity and gas meters if needed.

There'll be a specialist complaint manager looking after this now but, if you're unhappy with what's happening or with the resolution offered, you can send this to our Review Team for a second opinion. If you're still unhappy, you can go to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review.

Sorry again for all the problems 157Healy and hope this is of interest.

“Dishonest companyi”

Written on: 29/05/2016 by XavierGreer (1 review written)

Absolutely awful! I'm a student and moved in to a rented small studio flat.. Was given first bill that I felt was fair, then they said that I could pay £3 less per month if I paid by direct debit. When I left the property, I was hit with a massive final bill that doubled the cost of my usage that I was paying per month. Felt aggrieved so complained to e-on only to be told that it was based on estimated readings. I'm now footed with a big bill I am having to pay off monthly. What makes it… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

Hello XavierGreer. Understand your frustration but may I ask a few questions please?

Totally appreciate there's lots to do when moving but were you able to let us have all the details, including meter readings, when you first moved in to your flat? You mention the first bill being fair but was it based on actual readings or estimates? Have you been giving us meter readings regularly? What tariff were you on?

Sorry for all the questions. Trying to figure out what went on. On the face of it, I suspect bills were estimated, possibly throughout your tenancy, and then you were hit with a catch up bill once we had an accurate reading. Guessing though.

You're right, paying with a Monthly Direct Debit is cheaper than other methods as they give lower daily standing charges. Saves about £35 per fuel per year. Payments are based on current prices and past usage. If we didn't have readings, it's likely we under-estimated your usage as we wouldn't have had a clear picture of what you were using. Regardless of the supplier, it's always best to give regular meter readings as this helps keep things accurate. I know you've moved out but was the final bill estimated too? If it was, it's possible to change it if you've a record of readings for the day you left. If not, perhaps the new occupier can help?

If the start and final bills are now accurate then you'll have used the energy but talk to us if you're struggling with the payment arrangement we've set up. It could be possible to spread the balance over a longer period. This will lower the monthly payments and might ease the strain a bit.

Sorry for all the speculation and if some or all of it is off track.

“Terrible!”

Written on: 26/03/2016 by DanielleCastillo (1 review written)

The only reason I had anything to do with these guys was because the estate agent who was handling my property rental had registered an account with them. There was a dispute over the final bill - they were charging me £25 for electricity over a four day period at a time when the house was completely unfurnished and unoccupied. To cut a long story short, I spoke to three people there and was told something different each time; in the end I was directed to pay a portion of the bill online, and… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/03/2016

Afternoon DanielleCastillo

I’m sorry you received mixed messages when you spoke to us. Did you or the estate agent contact us at the time of the changeover and let us have all the details? Did the final bill cover the right period? Sometimes, with rented properties, there’s a gap between the former tenant giving up responsibility and the new occupant taking over. This gap is often covered by the letting agent, landlord etc. If the dates aren’t right, we can alter them. Usually, all we need is sight of the Tenancy Agreement. Only the page confirming dates. Don’t need to see anything personal.

Also, was the final bill based on accurate meter readings or estimates? I know you say the property was unoccupied but, if we weren’t given details, it’s likely we’ll have used estimates. Again, this can be changed if you or the estate agent can let us have actual readings.

Even if there’s no usage, there’ll be daily standing charges. They won’t, though, be £25 for 4 days so I suspect we’ve estimated as above. We’ve a specialist Home Moves team who deal with this type of thing. These are the best advisors to speak to. Contact details are on our website.

Sorry for all the questions but hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc

“about bills and over charging”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by Moran109 (1 review written)

moved house 5weeks ago and it was eon who where the energy suppliers, never been with them before and after getting 3 bills in 5weeks and told we would be charged for energy used before we moved in the property would never use them or advise anyone to use them again. some of the staff at that you speak to are very rude and need to learn people skills. The first bill we got eon charged us £14.03 this was when we hadn't been at the property or had the keys (laughable) the 2nd bill was for… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/03/2016

Hey Moran109

Something's not right here. There's no way we should be charging you for someone else's usage. Did you contact us when you took over responsibility for the property? If you did, were you able to let us have meter readings for the day you took over? What usually happens is we close down the previous account and open a new one to cover usage from the changeover date. Meter readings keep things accurate.

Sometimes, a dispute crops up if the previous occupant/letting agent/landlord has information that differs from the new occupant. Sight of a Tenancy Agreement or Change of Ownership document usually sorts this.

I'm really sorry you found our advisors rude. There's no excuse for this. If you do have the above information, I'd have a word with our specialist Home Moves team. If you send them any documents confirming the date you took over, they'll be happy to make sure your account is set up based on these. They'll also rebill any estimates if you've actual meter readings. This will make sure we're only charging for the energy you've used.

Are the bills you mention based on actual readings or estimates? It could be we've already rebilled following an estimate and that's why the amounts look a bit odd. Only guessing though.

Sorry for all the questions but hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc

“Money grabbing vultures ”

Written on: 24/02/2016 by odDillon416 (1 review written)

Charged us £80 for three weeks gas and electricity, switched supplier and our bill is now £46 for a full month… Read Full Review

Hi oldDillon416

Was the £80 we charged based on actual or estimated meter readings?

If estimated and you can let us have actual meter readings, we'll be happy to rebill to these. Totally appreciate you've left us but, if you did have this information, we can still rebill and, if applicable, refund any over payment. If based on actual readings, though, it's likely you'll have used the energy and the charge could well be right.

Don't know if this applies but, sometimes, where we haven't had readings for quite a time, estimated bills are sent. Once we receive actual readings, a catch up bill is issued. If previously under-estimated, this can give a bit of a false impression as it appears to lump a lot of usage into a relatively short time. Where, in actual fact, it was used over a longer period. Best to make sure bills are based on actual readings as much as possible so as to avoid this sort of catch up.

I'm guessing a lot here, though, and sorry if I'm off beam.

Gdjusgjjrg's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2016

Thanks for the follow up Eon. We gave a meter reading when we moved in, the three weeks we were charged for is from then until we switched so is apparently accurate. Assuming the meter readings are accurate, it just shows how ridiculously high your charges are in comparison to our new provider who doesn't seem to be so intent on ripping us off and we're very glad to be rid of you.

Written on: 02/03/2016

You're welcome. Glad to follow up but sorry can't offer you anything here. As the bill's based on actual meter readings, it'll reflect the energy used.

I suspect you were on our standard prices as you were only with us for 3 weeks. We do have cheaper tariffs but these are all contracted fixed term products and we're not allowed to put customers on to these without their express permission. The standard plan has no tie-ins or restrictions leaving you free to change supplier without penalty.

Sorry I can't help further.

“Absolutely incompetent ”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by 1992Waddell (1 review written)

E On moved my gas supply in error when my neighbour tried to switch, even though I told them it wasn't me and not to move me and I thought that was that, they did anyway. I have just found out that my gas supply did get moved 5 months ago and that i haven't been paying my direct debit ever since. I have spend many hours on the phone and e mail and when I did get through the staff were all rude and unhelpful as though I am the one at fault. Now i have an outstanding amount to pay to them for… Read Full Review

Hi 1992Waddell

Replied to your other post about this below. Hope it's of interest.

“Absolutely incompetent ”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by 1992Waddell (1 review written)

Written on: 26/02/2016

Hi 1992Waddell

I'm really sorry you thought the advisors you spoke to were rude. This certainly shouldn't happen.

Sounds like this is what's known as an Erroneous Transfer. This is where accounts are taken over incorrectly by another supplier. We wouldn't have ignored your request not to let it go. We wouldn't have a choice as it would've have been taken out of our hands. If I might explain.

With an Erroneous Transfer, it's really important you contact the supplier who has taken over the supply first. If we try to re-take a supply, the other supplier usually rejects our request and claims to have a valid contract. Only you can dispute this as they won't listen to us. Especially where there's been a genuine mistake and they're not aware of a problem.

It will help if you can let them know the serial number from the meter itself (not from any bills or correspondence) and the full postal address. Serial Numbers are usually on a plaque on the front of the meter.

Once they've accepted a mistake has been made, the other supplier will be in touch with us to ask us to re-take the account. We'll then arrange for the account to come back to us as though it had never been away. This means it'll re-start from the date it was wrongly transferred. We'll re-start the billing from this date too. You shouldn't have to pay the other supplier anything. If any payments have been made to them they'll also be transferred to us. This is all usually done within 6 weeks from the time the other supplier is told.

At the end of the day, you'll only need to pay us for the energy used. The other supplier will cancel all bills and charges so you won't have to pay them anything.

Once an account leaves us, the Direct Debit is automatically cancelled and no further payments are taken. This can soon be re-instated once the account has been returned. If you no longer have the funds that were originally meant for the Direct Debit we cancelled, we'll be happy to look at setting up a payment arrangement to spread the balance over a more manageable period.

Sorry again you were unhappy with our advisors but hope this gives a bit of insight into what happens in these cases.

Jamieeildrig's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2016

This in in contradiction with the charter, whichever supplier is contacted by the customer has an obligation to deal with and reverse the erroneous transfer without further action by the customer. If Eon can't even get this right, it doesn't bode well.

“Class action lawsuit is in order - CROOKED EXTORTIONISTS”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by Christian152 (1 review written)

I have suffered Eon for nearly 3 years. I moved into a social housing flat 3 years ago. Within months, Eon were bullying me daily with phone calls, emails and text messages telling me I owed them for arrears, even though I was paying them £40 to £60 per month every month. I tried to have a conversation with them via the phones, but they just kept talking over me and bullying me and insisting I owed them money, etc. I ended up in tears, distressed, and got CAB invovled. CAB managed to get… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/02/2016

Hi

I'm sorry we've upset you with our phone calls, texts, letters and emails. There might be something we can do to help with the arrears and stop this contact. We've set up the E.ON Energy Fund to help customers in similar circumstances clear part or all of their arrears. As you're a vulnerable customer, it's worth checking out. There's more information including an application form on our website.

Make sure the account is billed up to the latest meter readings. This way, we can be sure the amount owing is accurate.

If you're not eligible for help from the E.ON Energy Fund, there are other things we can do. I understand you're making regular payments and thank you for this but can I ask if you've a formal payment arrangement? A formal arrangement stops all of the follow up you've described. Even though you're making regular payments, unless they're part of an agreed arrangement, follow up will continue whilst there are arrears on the account.

We'll be happy to talk to you about payment arrangements. For example, a Monthly Direct Debit will cover the ongoing usage so the arrears don't continue to build up. We can also include the current arrears and spread these over a longer period. Customers paying this way also have lower daily standing charges. Will save you about £35 per fuel per year.

If you prefer to just clear the balance, we can look at an arrangement for this too. These can only be arranged by specialist advisors. If you ask to speak to Credit Operations, they'll be happy to help. With this type of arrangement, it's important to make the agreed payment by the set date. Missed or late payments will cause the arrangement to fail and follow up will start again.

Whilst talking, thought I'd also mention a prepayment meter where energy is paid for in advance. As you're a vulnerable customer this may not be an option but, if you're interested, they let us put the arrears on the meter to be collected at an agreed weekly rate. Helps spread the amount owing over a longer period.

Hopefully, the E.ON Energy Fund will be able to make significant inroads into the arrears. If not, please consider the above as they'll stop the contact that's upset you. Without a formal arrangement or payment in full, follow up will continue whilst there are arrears on the account.

Malc

“eon are bad - Bring back nationlisation! all is forgiven”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by 454Townsend (1 review written)

One star is over generous for this supplier. I would like to think that out there are suppliers who differ (please let me know). Our DD has just been recalculated, and we have been informed today that the increase will be £100 extra for the month with immediate effect. How can this practice even be legal? I can appreciate that usage was more and therefore an esitmate for future usage etc will be greater, but bearing in mind that the original calculation was eon's error there seems to be no… Read Full Review

Robert3142's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2016

I think you have made a fair summary of the situation !
Reading the reviews, Utility Warehouse seem to be quite good, many others (especially Cooperative Energy) are generally agreed to be terrible.

Written on: 25/02/2016

Hi 454Townsend

I’m sorry the response you received when you phoned didn’t help. Our Monthly Direct Debits are set up to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. They’re based on usage and current prices. Where relevant, we’ll also include any outstanding debit balance and spread this up to the next review.

You mention an increase in usage and a mistake when the arrangement was first set up. Has this put the account in arrears? If it has, we’ll be happy to look at spreading the debit balance over a longer period, usually over a similar time to that taken to fix the mistake.

If you’ve registered with our website, you’ll be able to use the online Direct Debit Manager too. This gives you more control over the arrangement including being able to change the amount. Comes in handy should circumstances change. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we anticipate the account will be in credit/debit by the time of the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

You mention tariffs. We’ve currently three available. A variable product with no restrictions or exit fees and two fixed price tariffs (over one and two years). The fixed price tariffs are contracted products and, as such, we’re not allowed to automatically put customers on these without their permission. You can see and switch to these on our website though. Alternatively, we’ve a specialist team who’ll be happy to talk to you about the best deal for you. This is a different team to the one you contacted previously. I’d also pop your usage in kWh on to the independent comparison sites. These will list all the options available both with us and with the other suppliers.

Sorry again you were unhappy with the response from our advisor.

Dani_Cali's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2016

class action lawsuit against Eon is in order. A few years ago they were made to pay out 7.7 million for overcharging customers. they obviously havent learned a thing