EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com Reviews

280

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Worst ever”

Written on: 09/08/2017 by Mercedes187 (1 review written)

Seems they like to break in when your not there to do they're so called meter check, never go with them… Read Full Review

“Rubbish firm”

Written on: 07/08/2017 by Liana410 (1 review written)

I have been on hold twice for over 15 minutes to move house - I have not got an Eon account and need to check what is happening about previous home-owners. It is terrible customer service. Even if the care team personally were wonderful I would never use this firm. It is costing me money just trying to speak to a human being… Read Full Review

“Very poor customer service.”

Written on: 06/08/2017 by Kochqc454 (1 review written)

Impossible to get hold of. Endless hours on hold and anytime of the day. Switched from this supplier as soon as I could and was happy to see the end of them… Read Full Review

“New Home Owner”

Written on: 05/07/2017 by 228Black (1 review written)

I have just brought a new home and the previous owner was set up with Eon. I visited their webisite, typed the address and Eon highlighted the preious owner was a customer. I spoke to the Online CHAT service and had written communication with the person I dealt with. He took some deatils, issued me a letter and also a confirmation email for me to check their rates and services so I can now choose the plan for me. All done within 10 minutes from log-on to good-bye… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2017

Hello 228Black and many thanks for your review.

Glad all went well when you spoke to us and that we've set up an account so you can easily change tariff or supplier. There are other online services available to help you manage your account. These include being able to enter meter readings, issue your own bill, set up and look after a Monthly Direct Debit and keep an eye on your usage so you only use what you need.

To take advantage of these services and if you haven't already, you'll need to register with our website. This is easy and can be done fairly quickly.

Thanks again for the review 228Black and hope this helps. Also hope you've settled in to your new home and will be very happy there.

E.ON Company Rep

“Useless website, pathetic customer service.”

Written on: 26/06/2017 by McKenzieac217 (1 review written)

Website is useless, wouldn't recognise my customer account number, wouldn't allow me to pay my bill. Customer 'service' by telephone is likewise useless, you'll be kept hanging on the phone endlessly, when you finally get through staff are dismissive and impolite. They need to seriously get their act together, in this day and age in a competitive, incompetence is unacceptable… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2017

Hello McKenzieac217 and sorry you don't like our website. Also sorry the advisors you spoke to weren't more polite.

To register, you only need the account number and post code plus an email address. The account number will be on your bills. If you don't have a bill handy, let us know and we'll tell you the number. To keep your account safe, we'll ask you to confirm some details. This is to make sure we're actually talking to you. These can include your name, the full address and post code, the way you pay, your date of birth, a registered email address or a phone number.

To save you hanging on the phone, we've an online Live Chat service. This is available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays. You don't need to have registered with our website to use this.

When registering, make sure there are no spaces when entering the account number but leave a space in the middle of the post code. On the next page, pop in your email address twice, tick the Terms and Conditions box and then 'continue.' We'll send you an email with a link.

Click on this link and you'll be taken to a page where you can set a password. This password must be at least six characters long with no spaces or symbols. The password is also case sensitive and must contain at least one letter and one number.

Once you've done this, you'll have successfully registered with our website and will be logged in to your online account. This will give you access to the various tools and facilities on the website including making payments, entering meter readings, producing a bill, changing tariff, setting up and managing a Monthly Direct Debit plus more.

You can, though, pay online without registering with our website. To do this, please go to 'My Account' at the top of the screen and choose 'make a payment.'

Hope this helps point you in the right direction McKenzieac217.

“Switching Supplier”

Written on: 17/06/2017 by Clark496 (1 review written)

I am in the process of switching from Scottish Power to E.on via USwitch. The process should be seamless, but I have found it to be far from that. As of 13 June 2017 I am still unable to verify my exact closing / opening balances with the two respective companies. I have contacted E.on on several occasions to verify opening metre readings etc, and to set up my on-line account, but owing to them not supplying me with an account number and their online system being down (13 June 2017) and… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2017

Hello Clark496 and I'm sorry you've had so many difficulties with your switch.

We certainly did have significant issues with our website last week and they did take longer to sort than expected. Our Live Chat service works through the website and was similarly impacted. As the website failed, Live Chat discussions were automatically taken down too. All's back up and running now.

Account numbers are created as soon as we receive a request to join us. We can soon let you know what it is if you're still waiting for the number. It'll also be included with the Welcome Pack we send.

With a change of supplier, it's important the old supplier closes their account to the same readings we use to start our account. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. It's our responsibility to send these readings to the old supplier. They go through a third party who checks they're in line with past usage for the property. Once the readings have been confirmed, they'll go to both suppliers to be used on their respective opening and closing bills.

Switches usually complete in about two and half weeks. This will be your supply start date but it'll take longer before the account itself is fully up and running. As well as the readings above, we also need to let other third parties know about the change of supplier. These include the energy distributors, meter operators, national databases and meter readers. This is done via a series of electronic messages.

Once the account is fully live, the billing and chosen tariff will be backdated to the supply start date. Also, if you've registered with our website, there'll be certain features you're unable to use until the account is fully live. Once you've registered with our website, you'll be able to see how things are going through the 'Track My Switch' tool.

Thank you for joining us Clark496 and sorry again for the difficulties you've had.

“Avoid avoid avoid ”

Written on: 14/06/2017 by TrippTempleton125 (1 review written)

Avoid them, they will do nothing but cause you stress thro their incompetence and once your signed up they can caus you years worth of problems with their childish approach to your credit file. They have over five years caused me endless sleepless nights and almost lost me a half a million pound property deal. Eventually I contacted their CEO when I explained that 4years of ongoing incompetence and a number of close shaves £37 compensation was not acceptable and refused to be bullied they… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2017

Hello TrippTempleton125 and I'm sorry we've made you feel this way.

Given what you say, it looks like you're at the end of our complaints process. If this is the case, you're doing the right thing in going to the Energy Ombudsman. The Ombudsman will ask us for your case notes and carry out a full and independent investigation. They'll report back to both you and us. Whilst their findings are binding on us, they're not on you leaving you free to seek further advice and assistance if necessary.

If we have reached the end of our complaints process, we'll send you a Final Resolution Offer Letter (also known as a deadlock letter). This will detail our final position and will help when approaching the Ombudsman. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Hopefully, with the Ombudsman's help, we can find an acceptable resolution for you.

“Just the Job”

Written on: 05/06/2017 by 172Cooley (1 review written)

I have been with eon for many years and have had zero problems. Sometimes have had to wait a couple of minutes to get through on the phone but probably shorter than many call centres. Received a letter re changing my gas meter, rang the number given, phone answered straight away, very personable lady made an appointment at my convenience and explained about the option of having smart meters installed and was up front about them possibly not working if I wanted to change supplier. Engineer… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2017

That's great 172Cooley. Glad all went as it should and many thanks for taking the time to post this review.

You're right about smart meters possibly losing smart functions following a change of supplier. Our advisors are trained to let customers know about this possibility before confirming a meter exchange.

The loss of smart functions is only temporary until all suppliers use a centralised database. This is the Data Communications Company (DCC) and they'll look after the Smart network for all suppliers. They'll pass meter readings to the current supplier. Not sure when this will be in place. The aim is for customers to be able to switch supplier without losing smart capability. To help with this, we're also looking at a new type of smart meter as well as adapting existing meters to make changing supplier with smart more straightforward.

Thanks again for the positive review 172Cooley and hope the information is of interest. Have a good weekend.

E.ON Company Rep

“Never read metres, charge £100s per month.”

Written on: 04/05/2017 by DeborahDay (2 reviews written)

This is a very money orientated aggressive company. I was with them for just over two years paying £228 per month for a four bedroom house. When I decided to leave them I was told my final bill was just under £1000 which I paid to get away from them. Months later I received a second final bill for over £1000. They haven't even bothered to read the meter and keep quoting terms and conditions. They then put me through to a very aggressive legal team. I have to go to court for this bill and… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to DeborahDay's Review

Written on: 05/05/2017

Hello DeborahDay and I'm sorry you weren't happy with the way we looked after your account.

When you switched to another supplier, was the first final bill estimated? If I might explain.

It's the new supplier that drives a switch. They let the third parties within the energy industry involved with the supply know about the changed circumstances. These include the energy distributors, meter operators, national databases, meter readers and data management. As part of this, they send the meter readings they intend to use to start their account to the old supplier. The old supplier uses the same readings to close their account and issue a final bill.

These readings go via a third party (Data Management) who checks that they're in line with previous readings held for the property. This can sometimes result in a delay. After a time, an estimated final bill will be issued. Once we receive verified readings from the third party, we'll rebill to these. Not saying this happened here, it's just something that can happen and will result in a second revised final bill being issued.

The same readings will also be sent to the new supplier who'll use them to start their account. It's important both the old and new supplier end/start their accounts to the same readings. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once.

We're happy to accept meter readings from customers and provide various ways for them to be sent. This includes online through our website, phone app or Live Chat service, by phone or text, email or letter. The more readings we have, the more accurate accounts are. From what you say, I suspect we issued a number of estimated bills where we had under-estimated the amount of energy being used. This would've meant the Monthly Direct Debit wasn't covering the actual costs of this energy and resulted in a catch up once we had accurate meter readings.

I'm speculating a lot here DeborahDay and sorry if I'm off track.

“Bunch of incompetants”

Written on: 18/04/2017 by AngryDan (1 review written)

In 2014, I found I was approx. 1400 pounds in credit as result of e-on failure to adjust, my direct debit. I asked for 800 pounds immediate refund. After much argument, I was eventually informed that e-on computer had failed to register the night time readings on my single economy 7 meter which had 2 EMPAN numbers (for which I was being charged 2 monthly standing charges) and I had not been charged for the night readings for 2 years. E-on refused to honour their commitment under the power… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to AngryDan's Review

Written on: 20/04/2017

Hello and hope you don't mind if I speculate a little.

From what you've said, I don't think the old meter was a straightforward Economy 7. It sounds like it was Heatwise with Economy 7. These were designed mainly for all electric properties with storage heaters and electric water immersion heaters. They were set up to give 10 hours of cheaper off peak electricity during every 24 hours for heating and hot water. This was split into 3 time slots during the afternoon, in the evening and at night. This was the Heatwise part.

To work, the meter will have been wired into the heating/water heating circuits. Unless manually overridden, this lets the meter automatically turn the heating on during the off peak periods and off again afterwards.

The Heatwise will have been part of a conventional Economy 7 so, as well as cheaper electricity for heating, you'll have had 7 continuous hours of off peak electricity at night for all usage. There'll have been one meter with 5 different readings. Two for normal usage (day and night) plus three more to record heating usage coming through the dedicated circuits. This is why there were two MPANs - one for the Economy 7 and a second for the Heatwise. Originally each MPAN had a daily standing charge but we took away the Heatwise one on 18 January 14. Although your bills would still have shown it, the charge was set at zero.

Heatwise with Economy 7 is no longer available. A direct replacement is Economy 10. These are wired into the relevant heating circuits in the same way as the old Heatwise so the heating/hot water can be used as under the old metering set up. One difference is, with the new Economy 10 meters, all electricity used during the 10 off peak hours is charged at the cheaper prices.

Conventional Economy 7 meters are still available and you could've had one fitted at no charge. It may, though, not have suited the heating at your home. A common complaint with storage heaters is a tendency to leak heat and to cool down too early. This is why the industry came up with multi rate meters like Heatwise and Economy 10. As above, as well as an off peak night period, these meters charge up in the afternoon and evening. This ‘tops up’ the stored heat to help properties stay warm throughout the day. With Economy 7, all the off peak hours are in one block at night so no 'top ups' during the day. Sometimes, customers need to arrange and pay for a qualified electrician to carry out some re-wiring too. Depends on the circumstances.

Switching objections are sometimes down to a metering issue. If there are still two MPANs registered on the national database all suppliers use to put switches through, your new supplier needs to apply for both. Often they only apply for one and this automatically leads to an objection. Although, if the Economy 10 meter only has two readings, one of your two MPANs can be cancelled. We can do this for you. Once done, the switch should go through.

I'm sorry we didn't send you a bill for nearly two years but pleased it appears we were able to apply the Billing Code. As you say, where this code applies, we won't charge for any unbilled energy used more than 12 months from the point the problem was fixed.

Sorry, too, if my speculation is wide of the mark.

E.ON Company Rep

“overcharging on account on a fixed direct debit”

Written on: 24/03/2017 by McMahanik267 (1 review written)

can to end of the year and charged me £325 extra payment on my account instead of increasing my direct debit payment i been with them 3 years and no indication of price increase awful service on complaining only offered £10 refund for them not increase my monthly direct debit will switch to another supplier as soon as possible do not recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/03/2017

Hello. It sounds like your Monthly Direct Debit hasn't been covering the amount of energy used.

Have your bills been based on actual meter readings or were a number estimated? If under-estimated, a catch up bill will be issued once we receive actual readings. These catch ups can come as a bit of a shock. That's why it's always best, where possible, to give us meter readings.

Monthly Direct Debits are based on current prices and past usage. A change to either can trigger an increase at the next review. We look to spread payments as evenly as possible over a full 12 months with the aim of achieving as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review.

As well as usage, a change to the unit prices can have an impact. Have you recently come to the end of a discounted fixed tariff? We haven't raised our standard variable prices in over 3 years although we've an increase coming on 26 April 17. We've had a number of heavily discounted products ending recently. As with many special offers, they had a restricted shelf life. At the moment, the market has changed and recent products haven't been so competitive. If you were on one of these products, this will have had an effect.

To make sure accounts are on track for a zero balance, we review arrangements every 3 months. We only make changes, though, at the mid-point and annual reviews. At the other times, we let customers know if we think there should be a change but leave it up to them to make any alterations. At these interim reviews and where we believe a change is needed, we put a message on bills asking customers to contact us about it.

Have we suggested putting your payments up before? Usually, where we do, we'll include the arrears that have built up due to under-estimating the amount of energy used and spread this up to the next annual review.

There's a service on our website to give customers more control over these arrangements including being able to change the monthly amount. It's the Direct Debit Manager and comes in handy should circumstances change. Provided a customer has registered with our website and the account has been billed to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll say by how much we expect the account to be in credit/debit by the annual review if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

Sorry for the questions and if my speculation is wide of the mark.

“Boiler survey install”

Written on: 02/03/2017 by Sandy50 (1 review written)

I booked a boiler install survey. I was told the surveyed would call to give me a time, they did not call. Called customer services and fobbed off with false assurances. I was told the engineer would call and still no call. Bad bad company and I have avoided an expensive potentially dangerous mistake by getting these muppets in to fit a boiler if they can't get this simple tasks right… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Sandy50's Review

Written on: 03/03/2017

Hello Sandy50 and sorry we haven't been in touch about a boiler installation.

Is this to fit a boiler under the Government led Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme or is it part of the special offer we're running up to 18 March 17 where we're knocking £400 off the cost? I ask because the two are separate and different areas of the business are looking after each one.

The ECO scheme is for home owners or those who rent from a private landlord. It's based on receiving certain benefits and the existing boiler being broken or faulty and over 5 years old. Enquiries for this are dealt with by our ECO team and their contact details are on our website in the 'Help and Support' section.

The £400 offer is open to anyone, even if we don't supply them, and there aren't any qualifications needed. This offer is being dealt with by the E.ON Install team. Again, contact details are on our website under 'Help and Support.'

Both schemes are being looked after by specialist advisors who can see details our Customer Service teams can't. Best to talk to these specialists. Our Customer Services should've put you through to them when you called and I'm sorry they didn't.

Sandy50's reply to Eonhelp's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2017

It was the £400 off team and I called that team for support. Unfortunately right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and wasted a day of my time waiting for a non -existent surveyor. As I said initially a lucky escape if you can't get that right

Eonhelp's reply to Sandy50's Comment

Written on: 09/03/2017

Sorry we let you down Sandy50 and thank you for letting me know.

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 18/02/2017 by 430McDonald (1 review written)

I phoned E-on help line to try sort out a problem. However, the biggest problem is getting someone to answer the phone. They not only play awful music but constantly tell you "We are sorry for the delay" what a load of rubbish. I held on for 29 minutes and in the end they beat me. I had to hang up before I hung myself. I then dialed the New Customer Line. I could not even get through on that. WARNING KEEP AWAY FROM E-ON if you want any sort of customer service… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Hello 430McDonald and sorry you were on hold for so long and didn't like the messages/music. Has the problem been sorted? What was it?

There are other ways to contact us which might save you the hassle of waiting on the phone. Have a look at the new online Live Chat service on our website. Advisors are online from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays. They'll be happy to chat.

On the same page, there's a link to our email service. There are our social media channels too. Advisors are on our twitter and Facebook feeds at similar times to the Live Chatters.

Sorry again for the delay but hope this gives you some different options should you need us in the future.

“RIP OFF COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by Kye1100 (1 review written)

After leaving my previous property 3 years ago, I get a bill for £1555, when I rang them Im told actually it is £2888-76p. After 4 resolution managers that promised to help,I was told not to call them again as they did not know what had gone wrong. I paid my bills weekly, yet Eon say I haven't paid a penny. I went to the ombudsman who states in his report that customer service is totally failing, yet finds that they should give me £50, an apology and I pay the money back, which I have… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Kye1100's Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello Kye1100 and sorry you've had such a bad time with us.

Sounds like your payments have been misdirected so your old account is showing charges for usage only but no payments. The bills we sent at the time will have shown this. Did you raise this with us then? If you did, there'll be notes on the account we might be able to use.

As you made weekly payments through a Post Office, there should be a paper trail to help track them down. You've probably already been asked this and sorry for repeating but, in these situations, we need the date the payment was made, method of payment, the full amount paid and the number on the receipt. Totally appreciate it's 3 years ago but we do need something to work with.

Also looks as though bills were estimated at first and then billed up to date once we had actual readings causing a catch up bill to be raised. Although we try to read meters more often, we're only legally obliged to do this every 2 years. We're always happy to accept a customer's readings though and provide many ways to do this including online through our website or phone app, by phone or text, email or letter.

Do you know why we changed the meter?

Although the Ombudsman's decision is binding on us, it's not on you. You can certainly take this further.

I'm guessing a lot here and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

“no problems with eon”

Written on: 02/11/2016 by zebdog (1 review written)

Never really had any problems with eon, apart from when I changed my bank account details and my direct debit went up by £7 and there was no way I could change it, however I was emailed by eon to say my direct debit was going down to the original price I was paying and they would refund me my credit balance. (possibly because I was coming to the end of my contract) but I found submitting meter readings easy and navigating the online account easy. would like to stay with them but sadly they are… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to zebdog's Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello zebdog and sorry for the late reply.

Glad you've generally been pleased with the way we've looked after you and totally understand about our current prices.

On the Direct Debit, when you changed the bank details did you also alter the collection date? This can sometimes cause an increase. It takes a couple of weeks for banks to update and can lead to a payment being missed. To make sure accounts are on track for as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review, the arrangement might have been reviewed to account for this. Guessing though.

There's a tool on our website to give you more control over these arrangements. It's the Direct Debit Manager. Provided you've registered with our website, you can use this tool to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we expect the account to be in credit/debit if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

At the annual review, any credit balance over a fiver is automatically refunded and the arrangement reviewed based on the last 12 months usage and current prices. I suspect this is what happened here.

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review zebdog and sorry again for the late reply. Sorry, too, if my guesswork is off beam.

Shazawhelan's Response to zebdog's Review

Written on: 14/03/2017

This is clearly a fake review. Anyone who would give this company a 5 star rating must be on drugs.

Eonhelp's reply to Shazawhelan's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2017

Have we done something to upset you Shazawhelan? Anything I can help with or advise about?

Zebdog's reply to Shazawhelan's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2017

No its not fake. Speak as u find I was happy with the service I received from eon and would have stayed with them if their price was competitive but sadly it wasnt. Dont get the drugs bit.

Eonhelp's reply to Zebdog's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2017

As above Zebdog, totally understand about our prices but glad we gave you decent service. Sorry to lose you.

“Data Protection - no!”

Written on: 21/10/2016 by 389Peck (1 review written)

Totally inaccurate records, wrongly recorded me as having storage heating, having two electricity supplies, wrongly objected to me switching to a new supplier based on their faulty records re the supply, wrote to me to inform me of the objection but listed an entirely wrong account number. When contacted to inform them of the problems, the call taker asked me ' What do you expect me to do, I've apologised for a human error'… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello 389Peck and sorry for the late reply.

Also sorry the advisor you spoke to didn't do more to help or explain what had happened.

Guessing but this sounds as though storage heaters were fitted at some time in the past. I often come across properties where they were originally fitted but replaced as electric heating can be expensive. It could be we weren't told so wouldn't know a change had taken place. If they were fitted, they often come with a specific type of meter that gives cheaper off peak electricity at certain times of the day for heating and hot water. If I might explain.

Storage heaters are insulated boxes containing bricks with electric elements running through them. They charge up during the cheaper off peak times. The bricks retain the heat which is then released gradually throughout the day. A common complaint with storage heaters is a tendency to leak heat and to cool down too early. As a result, the industry came up with multi rate meters like Heatwise and Economy 10. As well as an off peak night period, these meters charge up in the afternoon and evening. This ‘tops up’ the stored heat to help properties stay warm throughout the day.

To work, the meter is wired directly into the heating/water heating circuits at properties. This lets the meter automatically turn the heating on during the off peak periods and off again afterwards. During the off peak times, all electricity used for heating/water heating that goes through these dedicated circuits is recorded as separate meter readings.

With this type of set up, there are two meter supply numbers. One for electricity used for the heating as above and a second for all other electricity used.

When switching with this type of meter, the new company needs to apply for both supply numbers. If they don't, the switch will be rejected. You'll need to let the company know so they can re-apply for both supply numbers.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree but hope this explains why the switch might have been rejected. Sorry again for the late reply and hope you've now managed to switch.

E.ON Company Rep

“Awful Service from E.ON and the Ombudsman did not help!”

Written on: 20/10/2016 by mont410 (1 review written)

E.ON provided my gas and electric from June 2014 when I moved into my current property. In November 2015 they contacted me to say I had requested my gas supply to be moved to another provider - I had not. I contacted them straight away and they said it was an error and it would get amended. Despite numerous calls and emails this was not resolved. E.ON said this was due to a problem with the National Database. They then amended my account to just Electricity supply. I reported this to the… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to mont410's Review

Written on: 10/11/2016

Hello mont410 and sorry for all the problems. This seems a real mix up.

To start with, it sounds like you suffered from what's known as an Erroneous Transfer (ET). This is where a supplier takes over the wrong account. It happens a lot where information held by the National Databases is wrong. These databases hold the details of all meters in the country and suppliers use them when moving accounts from one to another. Usually, the gaining supplier sends the account back to the original supplier as though it had never been away. The National Databases are then updated with the right details.

Does the meter serial number on our bills match the one on your meter? If it does, we'll have been charging for the right gas even though the wrong address is on the bills.

If the meter serial numbers don't match, I suspect it's a crossed meter. These tend to happen mainly on new builds or after a meter exchange. It's where the meter details become mixed up between different properties. They can take quite a time to sort out, particularly with new builds where there might be quite a few properties involved. We've specialist teams who look after crossed meters. They investigate what has been mixed up, sort it out and rebill accounts using the right meter and readings.

As this has gone to the Energy Ombudsman, we won't re-open the case unless they tell us to. Best to go back to the Ombudsman and tell them you're not satisfied with their resolution. If they tell us to re-open the case, debt follow up will stop. It'll continue in the meantime though.

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear but hope the other information is a bit more useful.

“I'm happy with Eon”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by 315Nolan (1 review written)

I have been with Eon for a few years now, always look for better deals with other suppliers but after taking everything into consideration, stick with Eon. Whenever I have telephoned them they have been very helpful and explained in detail my options. The Smart meter is brilliant and thankfully don't have to send in meter readings anymore. (Recently they were recalled due to safety issues and have been replaced, but these things happen some time!). Periodically I accumulate Tesco points or… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2016

Hello 315Nolan and many thanks for taking the time to write this. It's greatly appreciated.

Glad we've been looking after you and you like the Smart Meter. Sorry there was a bit of a problem with the power adaptor on the Energy Display. As you say, sorted now.

Also pleased you like the energy saving advice on our website and emails. There are lots of tips to help customers save money by saving energy.

Thanks again for posting 315Nolan and have a great weekend.

“Great Bereavement Care”

Written on: 25/09/2016

Every time I rang E.On after my father's death last year they were so helpful and kind; they have a designated Bereavement Team and they always did their best to help me sort out my Dad's bills etc...couldn't fault them. And they were very sensitive at this difficult time… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/09/2016

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss. Please accept my condolences and thank you for taking the time to write this. It's greatly appreciated.

We do have a special team who look after accounts where there has been a bereavement . I'll forward this to them and thanks again for posting.

E.ON Company Rep

“Smart Meter Appointments a Joke”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by qpQuinlan1982 (1 review written)

Customer service is awful. Engineer turned up to fit a smart meter and after half an hour decided we couldn't have one - signal problems - and this despite the engineer checking on his computer in advance that it was fine. Made a complaint but was essentially ignored - "oh, this can happen". I wasted a morning and was offered a derisory £5 in compensation. The guy I spoke to was unhelpful and robotic. I would have rather have spoken to a robot - at least I could have sworn at it! My advice… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/09/2016

Sorry for the inconvenience qpQuinlan1982. Have to say, I've come across this type of thing before.

As you say, it's important there's a strong mobile phone signal. It may be the area shows as having a strong enough signal but local circumstances water it down sufficiently to make it unusable for Smart Meters. These circumstances can be things like certain materials between the two points that are trying to communicate. Initially, it could've looked like all would be okay but further tests would prove the opposite. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about how our Smart Meters work.

The electricity meter is the hub of the operation. It stores, sends and receives information. If there's a gas meter, this will send readings to the electricity meter and the electricity meter sends information to the Energy Display and back to us. Any material between the two points trying to communicate can affect the signal quality. Wood, plasterboard and other building materials generally have a minimal effect on the signal but thick stone and concrete can have a bigger impact. Metal has the biggest effect on the signal.

Our engineers carry out various onsite tests to see if the signal is strong enough. For example, they use Sniffer Units to test the low power radio signal by placing the transmitter at the electric meter and the receiver at the gas meter and/or Energy Display. If the signal is below a certain level, it's likely it won't be sufficient and the job will be aborted.

Not saying this applies to your situation qpQuinlan1982 . It's just something that can happen.

I'm also sorry you weren't happy with the way we looked after your complaint. I'd recommend referring this to our Review Team. They'll take a second look and either uphold the original resolution or offer an alternative. If you're still unhappy after this, we'll let you have a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter. You can use this to go to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review. Although, if the complaint's more than 56 days old, you can go to the Ombudsman now. No need to wait for a letter.

Hope this helps explain and sorry again for the inconvenience.