Bellway Homes Reviews - www.bellway.co.uk

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

“Look somewhere else!”

Written on: 18/04/2017 by AandT (1 review written)

Me and my partner bought our apartment 8 months ago and at that time gave a list of snagging to be sorted. 6 months down the line we had to pester Bellway to actually come and sort the issues out, to then be told be numerous rogue contractors that this sort of thing happens over time etc etc. Although we had reported the faults a week in. The contractors they hire are the type to claim the have rang you 4 times and you did not answer the phone so they couldn't get in the property. Although we… Read Full Review

“Had a good experience ”

Written on: 17/04/2017 by Fred1959matthew2009 (1 review written)

Hi I heard a lot aboute bad customer service but wanna tell my experience . We are a family of 3 and going to move to Nottingham soon after 10 years in London . My brother in law bought a new house from them and happy, not all adviser or sale person was 100% cool but good enough to sale house to my brother in law… Read Full Review

“dont do it. seriously. you have been warned”

Written on: 01/04/2017 by wifigeek (1 review written)

Hi All, I read these reviews *BEFORE* buying my new home; and guess what... I ignored them. IGNORE THE REVIEWS AT YOUR PERIL! I have about 200+ snags in my property; including plenty of cracked/inconsistent mortar outside; cracked flooring which is also uneven and Bellway customer care couldnt care less. my whole neighbourhood has issues; with some having multiple replacement kitchens.. just dont do it; the build quality is awful. go buy a second hand home.. … Read Full Review

“Leasehold rip off builders”

Written on: 22/03/2017 by Jaybob19 (0 reviews written)

Bellway sell new homes on leasehold although they could if they wanted easily sell freehold but NO the choose not to, Why because they want to and because it's a way to get more money to out of the people buying their houses. They are not bothered about their customer just the money they can make out of them. They promise you can buy the freehold after two years at a reasonable sum but underhandedly sell the land off to another company who then charge stupid prices to buy the freehold and in my… Read Full Review

Paulinuk's Response to Jaybob19's Review

Written on: 23/03/2017

I, m in shock reading , online about this.

Ashali151184's Response to Jaybob19's Review

Written on: 10/04/2017

I am buying a Bellwsy home granted I'm worried about. Few issues. But on a lease hold of you have a good solicitor they should advise of this. Lease hold on a house I would avoid it like the plague.

Did they advise you it was a lease hold ?

Jaybob19's reply to Ashali151184's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2017

Yes the solicitors told us it was a leasehold property and how much the ground rent was yearly and that was it.

After moving in thats when we found out that if we wanted to build a garage we had to pay £108 to asked the question. They then came back to say we could build it but we had to pay them just short of £2000 for them to give us a lience to build it, then we had top go through the normal things to build etc.

Every time we ask a question it costs £108, they do not have a landline number, its an absolute RIP OFF. I could go on.

My advice - dont buy unless its freehold!!!! Walk away

Ashali151184's reply to Jaybob19's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2017

I have put 5% down on Monday but have insured it is freehold.

I was annoyed as they haven't given me a completion
Date. They said it's on notice what annoyed me more was their solicitor advising my solicitor it won't take long as they have had the roof on already. I explained that the house is only 2 feet tall bunch of amateurs.

I'm so glad I didn't go with their solicitors which they pushed me hard as possible to do so.

What they don't know I'm on sales myself and would sell them before they sold me anything. They don't have a clue.

Their solicitor was pushing me to go down the root of paying 36,500 and that they won't accept 5%

I always make notes and get their representative to write things down and then throw it in their face.

“Rude and Unhelpful Saleswoman”

Written on: 22/03/2017 by CantuItalian123 (1 review written)

We recently wanted to reserve a home with Bellway as first time buyers but were told we couldn't as the plot was not released. I will start by saying that the saleswoman did not make me feel comfortable in her office and I don't think she ever had any intention of selling us a house however. We did as the saleswoman asked and stayed in regular contact, visiting often to see if the plot was released. A couple of weeks ago we visited and were told the plot we had wanted to reserve (for weeks!)… Read Full Review

“Literally the worst customer service ever”

Written on: 17/03/2017 by NeilCullen (1 review written)

Absolutely appalled by the quality of the finish on our new home and the standard of customer service. After completing our snagging list, we are now 6 months on, still waiting for problems in our home to be resolved. Any contact with the company feels like you are bothering them. I've heard sales assistants slagging customers off for complaining. No one wants to come out and speak to you and everything is done with a very defensive "it's not our fault" attitude. After waiting over a year for… Read Full Review

“Concerned ”

Written on: 13/03/2017 by Houston333 (1 review written)

I'm seriously worried after reading reviews on here. Why do they they need to put social housing amonst properties for new builds sounds like a bit of an experiment combining the two and seeing what happens I spoke to some people in the area I'm buying in there's lady house which has been broken into twice recently. Her son has schizophrenia i don't know much about it but worried. There's a lady with a million children who just linger around she just casually wakes up and strolls outside for… Read Full Review

Dk12's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2017

Cause of the planning, for any construction company if they want to build more than 10 units of the private housing, they have to make 25% of site available for social housing otherwise they wont get planning....

“Bellway house builder to avoid ”

Written on: 12/03/2017 by Zaynej268 (1 review written)

I personally wouldn't buy another Bellway house if it was last one on the planet. Extremely disappointed with the quality on every level. Needed a wall rebuilding due to it being misaligned, pointing outside needed redoing and mortar a different colour. Rear garden that I paid them to turf wasn't prepared beforehand and is full of clay and waterlogged and like a swamp. Don't waste your money!… Read Full Review

Mark.h's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2017

We have the same problem with our new bellway house 1/2/17 one wall had just been rebuilt and it's still wrong site managers response sorry we'll do it again we're only human
The shower was piped up wrong so they had to take half a wall down in a bedroom to swap the pipe around

Radiators not secured to the walls doors not fitting electrical fittings loose and in the wrong place
The list goes on and on never again will I buy from bellway and would not recommend to any one avoid and save yourself a lot of money

“Liars ”

Written on: 08/03/2017 by LeonardDuncan (1 review written)

Bellway homes in colchester sold us our home under false pretences. We were told and shown incorrect plans (as was all still being built) telling us our home was nowhere near social housing. We moved in and two months later all hell brook loose with our roudy neighbours who were affordable housing that we knew nothing about. They were opposite our house! They have taken 6/8 months to get evicted due to their actions and the anti social behaviour. We all work hard to buy our homes and except it… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2017

I'm in the process of buying a bellway home and been onsite. It's not great having social housing onsite it's not ideal to have theses social homes on a development where you spend so much money. But it's the law unforunatley. Not all social housing people are bad some are very hard working people who just can't afford to buy their own house. Yes you will get some horrible people but that's anywhere. My previous neighbors owned their own house 5 bed but they had no manners rude and caused loads of issues. Just got to give them a chance if they are causing issues log it and provide it with as much evidence to support your case to get them evicted. I know they are slightly stricter than other housing organisations they will get warnings and evictions slot quicker.

we will be spending over 350k if there's any trouble I will raise hell to the housing accosiation to rectify the issues.

I'm not going to lie I'm worried about this on the development I'm purchasing on as I've seen how bad social housing residents can be (some not all)

123Nightmare's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2017

I hope you have better luck than we have.
I totally agree not all are the same out of the 5 houses near us it's 3 that are an issue. But the other two are lovely family's we can stop and have a chat with.

But chp have no interest in helping and they been useless we made numerous complaints, had to call the police countless times and had photo evidence of most of the behaviour. The selling sites tell you it's easy to get them out if they are causing a nuisance but depending on who the housing association is with they all have different policies.

None of ours work and they all play music till stupid times in the morning, had drug dealing antics, kids running riot and opening the drain covers and getting into the drains. Fighting with each other in the street. I have some terrible stories but I can't even bring myself to write it. It's disgusting.

Written on: 13/03/2017

I'm seriously worried after reading this. Why do they they need to put social housing amonst properties for new builds sounds like a bit of an experiment combining the two and seeing what happens

I spoke to some people in the area I'm buying in there's a lady her house has been broken into twice recently. Her son has schizophrenia i don't know much about it but worried. There's a lady with a million children who just linger around she just casually wakes up and strolls outside for a fag in the afternoon just making the area look untidy

123Nightmare's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2017

Sounds terrible have you already paid your money? Maybe you can asked to swap for another house that's further away? I don't know if that's possible. I would just call it a day and walk away now if you havnt already had to pay much. Unfortunately they don't tell you anything Untill you ask or Untill you pay your money and it's too late. That's how it seems for everyone else we have spoken to.

Is this also in Colchester?
Do you know who the housing association are as maybe you could find out the policy of how it works with anti social behaviour ect.
It's not on that we should have to live among people like that when we spend so much money on our houses and they are making it a horrible, unsafe atmosphere to live it.

I hope you don't have to much trouble like we have.

Written on: 13/03/2017

I spoke to some people in the area I'm buying in there's a lady her house which has been broken into twice recently. Her son has schizophrenia i don't know much about it but worried. There's a lady with a million children who just linger around she just casually wakes up and strolls outside for a fag in the afternoon just making the area look untidy

Written on: 09/03/2017

“Incompetent customer services ”

Written on: 06/03/2017

Bellway sell you a home with fabulous customer sales & site manager. Once your in they don't want to know!!! They dug up my drive without consent or consultation!!!! What kind of company thinks they can break the law & it's ok it was oversight we forgot to tell you!!!… Read Full Review

Fred1959Matthew2009's Comment

Written on: 17/04/2017

Hi
I heard a lot aboute bad customer service but wanna tell my experience .

“Rubbish in all the aspects. ”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by 49Hartley (1 review written)

Bridgewater village homes We have a ongoing problems since we purchased the house, they forgot to put insulation on the front roof and was freezing cold during Dec/Jan, cold air going up to the bedrooms, during the process my two little boys get ill,coughing all the time, Windows are not good quality, you hear everything fron outside, wrong flooring and cheap quality and bidding everywhere trying to cover the nasty work, they forgot to put the hole on the pipe and during rainy days it was… Read Full Review

“Bellway Leasehold Avoid!!”

Written on: 17/02/2017 by 49Hughes (1 review written)

Do not buy a Bellway leasehold house...they will sell your freehold on to a third party investor which could cost you well over 10k to buy the freehold and around 3k for permission to build an extension! If you dont buy the freehold you are merely a tennant and at the end of your lease you do not have the right to live in your house...even if you have paid your mortgage off!! These investors may also charge extortionate fees for changing bathrooms and kitchems etc! Ignore any quotes you are… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/02/2017

I'm buying a bellway home it's a free gold property
Do I need to watch out for anything ?

Xxheatherxx's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2017

If its freehold that element is ok...just double check it is definitely freehold not the dreaded leasehold. Unfortunately we had a few build issues but this was a while ago...hopefully they have upped their game. we had to have the drainage re laid (garden dug up) and garage lintel replaced (out of tolerance) and stairs repaired a few times due to excessive creaking. Also lots of cosmetic snags and plumbing issues in bathroom. Go through the property room by room before you complete. Good luck!

Written on: 20/02/2017

Hey thanks for your message.

I've double checked with my solicitor and it's definitely a freehold thankfully. The house it's had the foundations done just waiting till end of June for it to be completed.

Are they quick to resolve any issues ?

Ahoy123's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2017

I'm looking at buying a bellway leasehold house and they're saying that they can't touch the lease for 8 years. If they sell it on, the new investor can't increase the ground rent other than at the rate of inflation... Is this BS? I know leasehold is on the governments radar..

Xxheatherxx's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2017

Not sure what the 8 years is they are refering to but they are correct in saying the ground rent will only go up in accordance with the lease no matter who they sell it to. (Who knows what rpi will be in many years....and in your job if you dont get a comparable payrise every year this could make ground rent expensive in the future). However, the price to buy the freehold yourselves and admin fees for changing mortgage provider, building an extension or even changing kitchens etc in accordance with the terms of your lease will escalate and may be very very different from the price bellway will quote initially. And managing agents for the new freehold owner can be very difficult to deal with. Some refuse to sell you the freehold which can become very costly in terms of legal fees. Id reccomend you force them to sell you the freehold up front.

Katiejane13Uk's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2017

This is not correct. You would be legally entitled to purchase the freehold after living there for 2yrs via a legal process called enfranchisment. However I would not recommend entering the Web of leasehold. It's currently designed for the benefit of the freeholder. It's a scandal. Please join the national leasehold campaign Facebook group for more guidance and support.

“Don't buy a Bellway home in Sudbury”

Written on: 11/02/2017 by JanessaShort460 (1 review written)

Unfortunately iv worked on this site and it's an eye opener. The houses are just thrown together, cheap everything. I'd be very surprised if these so called buildings are still standing in twenty years time. Buying one of these would be like buying a time bomb. Put these people out of business by not parting with your well earned cash… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/02/2017

Hi

Was an interesting read on your review.

I'm in the process of buying a property at the Cotswold chase area do you know anything about that site?

Written on: 13/02/2017

Hi

Was an interesting read on your review.

“LEASEHOLD”

Written on: 02/02/2017 by Eileen184 (1 review written)

Leasehold Scandal !! Do you live in a leasehold house? If so this national problem will effect you also. Many people are totally unaware of this issue which is set to be bigger than the PPI Scandal. Many leases have a doubling clause so deeply embedded in the lease that no one has picked up on it (until now). This is making houses unsellable Developers have sold the freeholds onto 3rd parties behind homeowners back which have massive implications for each and every one of us. Cost of purchasing… Read Full Review

Luke100985's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2017

what is the name of the facebook group?

Luke100985's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2017

what is the name of the facebook group?

“Very poor customer service ”

Written on: 23/01/2017 by 88Welsh (1 review written)

These have to be worst type of people to buy a house from me and my wife are buying a house at parkside meadows all we get from the sale advisor, is she dosent know nothing they just lie to get your money do not buy a house from these people all they do once youve brought from them they will than build all the houses that not sold and leave your house to last i aboustley hate these people !!! And i advise anyone do not buy from these criminals… Read Full Review

Debbieracho's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2017

Apart from poor customer service, is your property built in good condition?
Do you have have any unresolved issues? If so, what are they? Advice is greatly appreciated as we are planning to acquire a star plot property at parkside meadows.

Thanks.

“very poor customer service”

Written on: 20/01/2017 by IrinaV (1 review written)

The manner the Customer Service team is treating their customers is totally shocking! So rude! … Read Full Review

“VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 19/01/2017 by aguirre21 (1 review written)

I'm the tenant from plot 54 - Waterhouse Mill, Bollington. I moved in to my new house in the end of October 2015. Today is Thursday 19th January 2017 and still pending snagging (very few). To make sure that the snagging is moving you need chase all the time to customer service if you don't chase them, nothing is happening. I was having problem today 19th January with Bellway- CUSTOMER SERVICE to arrange the electrician, who wanted to come on Monday 23th January between 8am-9am . I spoke to… Read Full Review

“Some issues but overall ok.”

Written on: 15/01/2017 by Kayleighw429 (1 review written)

We reserved a 3 Beedroooms Terraced in the Pinnacle Square Development in Bexleyheath. We managed a good deal at reservation: All flooring included ( we wanted all laminate and tiles in the bathrooms and also we asked for a dishwasher included. The sales tea were excellent, patient and very helpful at the time to make the choices We bought completely off plan and the house completed dead on the day we were told 13 months earlier. All the additions were completed as we requested and at good… Read Full Review

“Shocking Builders - never again”

Written on: 15/01/2017 by Hood432 (1 review written)

From day one we have had issues with our over oriced house. 1 almost total kitchen replacement 2 burglar alarm not fitted to our brief 3 incorrect surfacing used on private driveway 4 ridiculous placement of lighting - resulting in not being able to open doors 5 fuse box fitted incorrectly 6 little information about annual management charge 7 now nhbc involved in numerous cases due to leaking feet roof canopy in front bedrooms 8 fading windows 9 failure to fit kitchen plugs as per their… Read Full Review

Derwentwaywallsend's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2017

you have had the same problems as me, seems normal for Bellway

“I just wouldnt buy it or get a independent company 2...”

Written on: 15/01/2017 by CharlizeMcLaughlin (1 review written)

I just wouldnt buy it or get a independent company 2 check everything on the property… Read Full Review