Bellway Homes Reviews - www.bellway.co.uk

184

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

“Beware Bellway New Build”

Written on: 03/05/2016 by Shoemaker357 (1 review written)

We moved into a Bellway new build on the Earl's Green estate in Troon at the end of October 2015. Our next door neighbour had a flooding issue in his rear garden and ours was slightly waterlogged. In order to fix the levels within the gardens and make them to plan we had to give them access to dig up the garden, level it and returf. Our once lovely flat, even garden is no more. In it's place they were going to give us a sloping garden which was of no use to man nor beast and reluctantly… Read Full Review

“Churchfields Development ”

Written on: 21/03/2016

I was a bit worried about buying a new build from bellway after reading all the bad reviews on this site but I can honestly say buying from bellway has been pretty good, we did have quite few snags but they all got sorted quite quickly for example scratched Windows which got changed and a slight chip in the main bathroom sink which also got changed.We have now been living in our new Bewdley house Style for about 3 months and the house has been well built, designed and plumbed, all the staff we… Read Full Review

“Bellway Cowdenbeath”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by ElenaGallegos366 (1 review written)

I cannot recommend Bellway at Birchwood, Cowdenbeath highly enough. From the very beginning of the process their communication and assistance has been first class. I am very happy with the build quality and any minor issues have been dealt with swiftly and efficiently. I would definitely buy a Bellway home in the future… Read Full Review

“Bellway homes Disgraceful customer care”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by Keithd479 (1 review written)

Do NOT BUY A BELLWAY HOME ON STANNINGTON PARK. After a monumental fight to get a moving day, we finally moved into our new home Jan 8th 2016. I paid £550000 for this house and although we had some minor issues the house is generally ok . The 3 houses on the same road as mine are still being built and the only access is on this one road in and out from one entrance. The building staff are unbelievably rude and do not give a dam about the customer. They have been digging the road up for weeks… Read Full Review

“love this house”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by beGauthier241 (1 review written)

Nice house in a quiet area with no problems also have a great customer service… Read Full Review

“do not BUY”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by 278Richards (1 review written)

Paid 16000 for house was not told it was crime ridden area all the rep went on about was look at all the nice cars.looks like i have lost money on this development as it can knock up to 30,000 of the value off your house. Customer services really dont care repairs take a year or so to complete. Broken light in bathroom they wont replace as i didnt see airline crack in it until i decorated .I know i never broke it they basically called me a liar. The oaks development would not recomend it to… Read Full Review

Wolvesfc1234's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2016

well that why you do your research before buying a home

“Disappointed is an understatement!!! ”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by Paloma498 (1 review written)

I just purchased my flat from bellway, the fact that they only let us have one viewing at fix 1 stage is rediculous as they make you complete the sale without getting to see your property. Much to my horror I was supposed to move in straight away, whilst cleaning the kitchen I found severe DAMP that had been disguised by the kitchen cabinets! Very sneaky! All around and behind the boiler! When I complained they sent someone in the remove the cupboards and clean and paint the wall! I am still… Read Full Review

“Go through the paperwork carefully”

Written on: 02/02/2016

I reserved an offplan flat in a new build development in Wimbledon Chase area. My experience was terrible. In the end the transaction didn’t proceed to exchange of contracts. The main concerns were: 1. We were confirmed by the selling agents before the reservation that specification and drawings shown to us will be included in the contract paperwork. However, these were not included when the paperwork arrived to our solicitor. As a FTB I am not aware if typically specifications are included… Read Full Review

“I put down my initial deposit in May 2015 including...”

Written on: 16/01/2016 by Andersen177 (1 review written)

I put down my initial deposit in May 2015 including paying for about £10,000 of extras, with a promised build date of August 2015. The house was not not 'ready' until Oct 2015 and the use of the word ready is questionable with several things still needing doing. Up until the completion period, several people from Bellway contacted me trying to speed up exchange and completion, being extremely rude on the phone and completely ruining the experience for me, even though in all cases it was their… Read Full Review

“ amateur company”

Written on: 14/01/2016 by Daytonm500 (1 review written)

Simple. DO NOT BUY A BELLWAY HOUSE!!!!… Read Full Review

“Dishonest company”

Written on: 09/01/2016 by Mckenzie182 (1 review written)

Yes I would certainly like to take some action against them- the amount of poor reviews on this site alone shows the magnitude of Belways wrongful actions. Just imagine how many people that are really out there have similar issues that have not reviewed their awful after care service. My issues is a much more serious one which I would be keen to know how many people are aware of before buying from Belway. Belway have a company called Oakwood heights Mgt company set up (Gateway Management)… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/01/2016

Hi I am about to purchase a flat in Westside Brentford. I am reading your reviews and am getting increasingly worried that I am making a mistake. I have secured the plot with £2000 and even upgraded my kitchen and bedroom £4000. What is your advice to me? I will be exchanging in the next few days.

Written on: 15/01/2016

I am sorry to hear of your problems. Let's try an do something about it. I will be taking Bellway to the small claims court for loss of property, but I feel, given my experiences, multiplied, all over the country, there must be something more that we can all do collectivel

Disgruntledbelwayowner's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2016

Hi there- I do not want to worry anyone unnecessary bit my only advice would be to get a good solicitor to talk you through all the parts of the small print that Belway conveniently (forget ) to discuss.

What charges are there for changing a mortgage or any inquiries for changes to properly etc

Wish you all the best

Written on: 15/01/2016

I live in the Kew Reach development not far from you in Brentford. We have been here just over a year. Owners have come up with all sorts of names for Bellway and none of them repeatable in this message.
Their attitude and approach is that you are buying a flat in London at a decent price and that its value will almost certain go up in the medium term, so why complain? You can’t expect Saville Row quality at John Lewis prices, is roughly the gist of what one of their customer services team told an owner when responding to a complaint
Irrespective of whether you are going to live in your flat or buy to let, you should try and contact as many of the Leaseholders as you can as soon as you can by dropping them a letter. I went on the Land Registry to get names etc.. Create a group email of Leaseholders as soon as possible and maybe later a Residents Association or Right to Manage Company (more difficult but with far more powers).
If you compare notes and share information about issues with your flats and the communal areas, you have more chance of getting things resolved more quickly. Happy to provide you with more info away from this forum.

Written on: 11/01/2016

“Sub Standard Builder!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM”

Written on: 30/11/2015 by xlWest334 (1 review written)

Moved in 31st October 2014 (should've ran while we had the chance!) Nothing but problems from day one. On moving in day we didn't have a fridge/freezer, so they took it from one of the other houses! Poor decoration and general finish, trained chimps could do better! Took four months to sort a damp patch in kitchen, only to find out they had tacked through the soil pipe whilst putting the skirting board back on! This resulted in them flooding our dining room out whilst they were investigating… Read Full Review

Sb43's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2016

I love your comment ' trained chimps could do better'. I have had the same experience of extremely shoddy workmanship, poor quality materials and bullying bellway and contractors. Disgusted by the whole experience would never recommend this company! Rework do everything by blindfolded chimps would be of better quality!!

Jevans1983's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2016

The sad thing is, they're houses are not exactly cheap, but you get a cheap finish, everything has been rushed. We have two 4 bed houses left for sale on the estate, and there's another two already up for sale as the owners have obviously had enough already. One of them was only bought last April! :-/

Sb43's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2016

So v true, they are one of the most expensive builders and they fool you with glossy marketing and don't tell the truth about quality of work and customer care. Well I'm still pushing to get through my snag list. Hope they are decent about things otherwise time to contact press, the ceo and court. Been fobbed off for months!!!

“Communal NHBC Warranty Useless!”

Written on: 26/11/2015 by Hastings101 (1 review written)

I recently organised a visit from the NHBC to our Bellway development at Kew Reach in Brentford to address communal snagging issues. It took months to organise and first required me sending the NHBC email after email from other Leaseholders providing their permission for me to raise a group claim. Then you have to send them proof of each snagging issue. Then they decide which issues they cover. Then they agree to send out an inspector who will then tell you that the NHBC warranty only covers… Read Full Review

“Awful customer care”

Written on: 18/11/2015 by Beigi (1 review written)

It is nearly two years since I bought a flat from Bellway Homes. They have the worst customer care ever! They just sell you their flats and tell you there will be a 2-year warranty. They do anything in their power to avoid goving you any service. They have this contractornamed Ardmore who is supposed to offer you care after sale. They evade their reponsibilities all the time and give you wrong information.they don't know the difference between a boiler and a Thermal Interface Unit.. It takes… Read Full Review

Beigi01's Response to Beigi's Review

Written on: 18/11/2015

Very true indeed.
I also bought a flat from them and had the same experience.awful customer care especially north London.

Righttomanage's Response to Beigi's Review

Written on: 26/11/2015

I live at Kew Reach in Brentford. We moved in a year ago. I and many of the other owners are all too familiar with your comments. We also suffer from the Remus effect. Sadly, getting a majority of Leaseholders to agree to pursue the Right to Manage option, to remove them from our lives, is very difficult.
Instead of just complaining about all of this, is anybody out there interested in pursuing a class action against Bellway? The sort of claims which could be raised include: misrepresentation, mis-selling and lying, breach of a duty of care, deliberate corner cutting and design flaws, taking liberties with our safety and security and so on.

“Worst decision ever to buy a house off Bellway”

Written on: 16/11/2015 by 421Wallace (1 review written)

Moved into our Bellway home in May 2015 and from that day until this we have had serious issues with damp, extremely poor quality workmanship and empty promises from not only the site office but there useless and unhelpful customer service team. As soon as we had completed the sale the real face of this company came to light with an extremely rude email from the customer care team advising me that the damp ground floor concrete was not damp, this was later confirmed as 100% damp by there… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/11/2015

I am interested in your mention of legal action. is anybody out there interested in pursuing a class action against Bellway? The sort of claims which could be raised include: misrepresentation, mis-selling and lying, breach of a duty of care, deliberate corner cutting and design flaws, taking liberties with our safety and security and so on.

“If you love Snagging, You will adore Bellway Homes...”

Written on: 23/10/2015 by MGJnr (1 review written)

I bought a Bellway home off plan in 2014 (Mistake Number 1) I was under the impression buying a new build property would be easier (Mistake Number 2) When the sales agent, the site manager, the deputy site manager and 2 interim site managers all came and left the site in the same 5 week period we thought things could not really get any worse (Mistake Number 3) We did not think that they would routinely block the development from 6:15am until 5pm (Mistake Number 4) We thought after over 50… Read Full Review

Righttomanage's Response to MGJnr's Review

Disgruntledbelwayowner's reply to Righttomanage's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2016

My issues is a much more serious one which I would be keen to know how many people are aware of before buying from Belway. Belway have a company called Oakwood heights Mgt company set up (Gateway Management) that collect fees and do nothing no work at all around the area. It is a management fee for no service. This is not the worst of it- we just came to the end of our 2 year mortgage and need to switch banks. Get this- The management fee have charges of £159 to do this- why???? For anyone else who has bought from Belway PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR CONTRACT BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHARGES FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING ANY WORK DONE TO YOUR GARAGE ETC ETC. This is probably in the small print somewhere no doubt but it is never made clear to you by the sales agent(how sneaky and convenient)

We are going to be looking at the legal route next.

DO NOT BUY FROM BELWAY IT WILL BE A BIG MISTAKE!!

“Love our bellway home but a design fault in the house...”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by nicklollypop (1 review written)

Love our bellway home but a design fault in the house behind us has meant bellway have fitted a long piece of white plastic to a roof that should be orange which has really spoilt it, its now centre to our garden so disappointed and bellway dont care :(… Read Full Review

“Fantastic service from Bellway”

Written on: 16/10/2015 by Simone2014 (1 review written)

Me and my partner bought a house in Hartlepool from Bellway just over a year ago now and I could not be more pleased. The house is fantastic and have had barely any problems and the very few we did have the site manager made sure they were seen to immediately or the very latest the next day. The bellway team can not do enough for you. The site manager goes out of his way to ensure that the Bellway customers are highly satisfied. I am extremely pleased with their work and would recommend them to… Read Full Review

“Man hole not completed covered with polythene and...”

Written on: 05/10/2015 by Tagg30 (1 review written)

We have lived in our Bellway property 9 years and encountered multiple problems including a shower screen exploding which Bellway admitted was a common fault with a previous supplier and had since changed supplier however had not informed home owners. My husband sustained multiple lacerations from exploding glass but Bellway did replace eventually. When we originally moved into the property there was flagstones to the back which we have since replaced with decking. Last year we had a blocked… Read Full Review

“Drainage problems and Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 07/09/2015 by Gissellem232 (1 review written)

Ever since moving into the property at Belvedere Park in Thamesmead area, I have had constant problems with the plumbing / drainage system. Since day 1 there have been leaks due to improperly connected parts which started from under the shower, then both toilets then the pipes in between properties. This inevitably lead to water damages in the property which eventually got repaired after a lengthy duration. However, problems with leaking started to arise again in the same areas and now that the… Read Full Review

Kb1602's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2015

If the original complaint was the same and the fault has reared its ugly head again they have to sort it. Other to that call NHBC but inform them they have attempted to rectify this in the past but have failed. Don't give up its what they want.

Kb1602's Comment