Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Previously known as the All Floors. Features: Washable HEPA filter, Root Cyclone technology, telescopic wand, 1.3 litre capacity, combination tool.

For the pet hair friendly model see Dyson Ball DC25 Animal reviews.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“DC25 - Worst vacuum cleaner on the planet?”

Written on: 16/11/2014 by Drplanecrazy (1 review written)

My very reliable DC07 eventually experienced total electrical burn out. So, off to my local retail park for a replacemnt. I chose the DC25 - and have regretted that decision ever since. The hose is far too tightly coiled. It will not reach to the top of my stairs (3 risers short), where the 07 managed to get to the top with no difficulty. When using the hose on the level the main unit chases you as soon as you get past 50% of the coiled length. Then it tips over and that cleverly designed spear… Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Less than 2 years old. ”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by JaydinTorres99 (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking quality, within months it became rickety and now the motor in the power head has given up, not what one expects for the price would I recommend it to any person looking for a hoover, absolutely not… Read Full Review

“Not enough reach”

Written on: 19/12/2013 by Gina1958 (1 review written)

I like this vacuum well enough, but I have two issues. The main issue is that when I remove the handle to use an accessory on the end, there isn't enough reach. I would say no more than 5' of extension especially when getting under a bed or other piece of furniture. It's also awkward because the extension comes from the handle, so I lay the unit down on the floor to get more footage. Also, the canister does not hold a lot, so frequent trips to the garbage, but for me, that's not a huge… Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Ok Choice gets the work done”

Written on: 04/12/2013 by Roger.C (4 reviews written)

Though not with sleek looks or light weight, it is definitely one of better options in the market. Gets the job done quite well… Read Full Review

“My new hoover”

Written on: 16/10/2013 by normalovesit (2 reviews written)

I always wanted a dyson and i finally bought one. So far i am very pleased with the hoover though it does feel a bit heavy for me and sometimes difficult to get into tight corners. I am glad i purchased it though and i can see how much dust and fluff were being left in my carpet by my old hoover. … Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Poor quality Hoover, abhorrent customer service”

Written on: 18/07/2013 by James_M (1 review written)

Hoover has failed to work on several occasions, and is no where near as goo as previous dysons we have had at picking stuff up... The dust tray is far too small and the cable too short. It's also very loud and will annoy your neighbours - good if you dislike your neighbours like me though!! I'm currently on hold for the second time today and they take well over 20 minutes to answer, the first time they cut me off just as their customer service person was taking our call - sooo annoying… Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Easy to use, but got clogged”

Written on: 12/07/2013 by Bonnie1979 (2 reviews written)

So I finally bought a Dyson after hearing great hings about it, and yes MOST of those things are true. It's light-weight, powerful, and easy to use. However, mine tends to get clogged more often than my previous vacuum cleaner, and so I find myself fixing it alot. I tough that wasn't supposed to happen as much with a Dyson? Overall though, I'm pretty happy with it… Read Full Review

“usage”

Written on: 29/03/2013 by baggit61 (1 review written)

It is light weight and easy to use---But does not do mop boards edging well at all. I'm always stepping or getting up in cord. For the price of the machine should be retractable. The wand is totally not user friendly, does not have flexibility and does not extend well--fell it is very cumbersome to use… Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Brush function failed in less than 30 days!!!”

Written on: 26/01/2013 by Thehub (1 review written)

Letter actually written to Dyson - actually 6th letter asking for help!! Dyson- Here we go once again!!!! Here is a photo of the Dyson that I recently purchased for your company that possibly has the worst customer service EVER!!! I am sending a photo of where you have told me numerous times to look for the so called serial number that I need in order to get any kind of help at all!!! THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBER ON MY MACHINE!!! Do you understand this. I have a new (purchased in November for… Read Full Review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Still can't operate overall”

Written on: 05/01/2013 by Juanita41 (1 review written)

I purchased my Dyson DC25 from QVC, it's blue, but did not come with a manual, instead it came with a small 2-3 page cardboard brochure that only had pictures. The main head brushes need cleaning. I don't know how to take off to clean. I have a flat out tool that I don't know how to use. They showed it being used as a selling point, but by the time you get it you can't remember. There is nothing to show you how and when to use any particular tool. I think this is absurd! Another thing is it is… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to Juanita41's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Just what is it that some products you buy nowadays, do not come with instructions for use. Dyson's are supposed to be top of the range cleaners, and there is no way they should be sold with a booklet on basic instructions. I have purchased Karcher cleaners, Acer laptops and other products, and upon taking them home, found them to be packed without instructions.

Products bought at TESCO's Extra Superstores have a very bad habit of selling electrical goods without instruction booklets in the boxed packaging. Is it that they are getting them cheaper from the manufacturer without the booklet ??? I don't know.

HP Laptops are even being sold now without recovery disc. It shouldn't be the case.

Try to find out Dyson's Head Office Number in the UK., and ask them for a booklet. They may send you one FOC or may charge you a small fee for it. If you get no satisfaction, then simply give Dyson a 'pounding' with adverse reviews. Keep doing so until they do respond to your satisfaction.

Johnwataboy's Response to Juanita41's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Not good enough. All such products should come with instructions. TESCOs are well known for selling electrical products such as Karcher Cleaners, kettles and Acer laptops without instructions in their boxes. Are they getting these products cheaper because of this.???

Find out Dyson,s Head Office in the UK, and ask for a booklet, and if you get no satisfaction, then simply keep giving them a bad review

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“You need the warrenty just to keep it going”

Written on: 19/06/2012

Beware of the DC25 it works for a year, then it problems after problems! This is a poorly designed machine, which isnt upto the job unless you live on your own with no pets or children. In a two year and a half, my DC25 has broken down 4 time. I bought the dyson as i believe it would be a good work horse, but i spent over three hundred pounds on a poor machine. The customer service is awful as well, the worse i ever had. Personal i feel dyson are ill equipped to deal with customers. Please… Read Full Review

Oviecarroll's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2012

dyson DC 25 is a great vaccum cleaner for floors not worth or anthing else Would nor recomment this for other purposes
You can vaccum bed easlily you can not clen fans blades with it
The main reason is that the hose is too stiff and suction will not let you used for anyother purpose BEWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU PURCHASED FOR ANYTHING BUT FLOORS
ovie in Tennessee

Written on: 25/06/2013

Obviously no good for my use then.

Written on: 25/06/2013

Well thanks for the tip. Dyson's are supposed to be the best, but also the most expensive. Your review has certainly given me room for thought, before even thinking about buying one.

“Not for Asthmatics”

Written on: 22/03/2012 by Bluesherpa (1 review written)

Don't buy this if you are an asthmatic. As the exhaust air from the ball blows on the floor blowing all the dust into the air. This is not good for asthmatics as breathing it the dust can cause and Asthma attack. One of the worst Dyson buys I have made. It’s a very expensive door stop. I just wish we had realised what the problem was and taken it back as unsuitable, but we left it to long and Dyson were not sympathetic to our problem. I wonder if other people have had the same problem as all… Read Full Review

Billgr's Response to Bluesherpa's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

It's too bad you didn't act right away and return the Dyson when you used it the first time.

Johnwataboy's reply to Billgr's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Yes, unfortunately. Now it looks as if it's ready for the rubbish tip.

Johnwataboy's Response to Bluesherpa's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Thanks for the information. I 'm getting to learn more and more about Dyson and their attitude to dissatisfied customers. Sounds as if Dyson's are not a very good company to deal with after all. I shall follow your advice.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“No problems with this excellent cleaner”

Written on: 16/03/2012

Just received new Dyson DC25 having sourced it cheap-ish online (was going to go second hand but new wasn't that much dearer from currys!) I had borrowed my mums to see if this Dyson would work well in my house would do all the tasks I needed it to, which it did. On receipt of my new one, well, it's fab, so easy to fit together, didn't need the instructions, the whole thing is built simply and with common sense (not a word you commonly find in technically designed things!) Amazing suction… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Yes...from day 1 to 5years guaranty. I would expect it to work perfectly each and every day for the price you pay for a Dyson.

“Heavy and cumbersome”

Written on: 08/01/2012 by Trafford (2 reviews written)

I was persuaded by friends to buy this as many of them rate Dysons. I myself prefer cylinders to uprights, but thought I would give it a go since we had just had new carpet installed and with having three floors (but only hard floors on the ground) we could have the Dyson for upstairs. Bit of a mistake. Trying to lug that thing up another load of stairs, or even do the stairs themselves is a real problem. It's probably the technique I use, and the fact I am used to cylinders, but it just seems… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to Trafford's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Sounds too heavy for me.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“Product ok, not dissapointed, customer service is...”

Written on: 09/12/2011

I've had it for almost 2 years now, I have two dogs, it cleans the hair very easily, and carpets very well. Its not as good on actually larger pieces, but most of what I clean is hair and dust etc. I find it easy to manoever and the weight of it you get quickly accostumed to it. The ball is big, but if you don't fit under something, just take the wand out!! The cord is a little hasle but once again you get used to it. Easy to empty and no mess in the house when emptying in a bag. I clean the… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

I am glad to hear that one happy customer is getting the service they have paid for, having regard to the price you pay for a Dyson

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“This is my first Dyson. I borrowed a friend's DC24...”

Written on: 03/04/2011 by charleygeorge (1 review written)

This is my first Dyson. I borrowed a friend's DC24 and loved it. Thought I would go one better with the DC25 as I have a hairy cat but am disappointed. Not very easy to manoevre and heavy. Needs emptying frequently. Some reviewers state the hose will not reach many stairs; I am wondering if they are omitting to attach the tube to the hose? The machine is not steady when using attachments. I have not yet tried to clean walls or ceilings and am rather dreading this. Are these machines… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to charleygeorge's Review

Written on: 05/09/2011

hi
I am reading reviews trying to decide. I read you comment, the DC24 (2.6m)has a shorter hose than that of the DC25(4.4) hence the 24 will not reach up a standard stair case.
good review though

Johnwataboy's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

THANKS FOR THE MENTION OF THE DIFFERENCE BETEEN THE DC24 AND THE DC 25. IN REACHING UP THE STAIRS. I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND AT FIRST, BUT NOW YOUR EXPLANATION IS 'STAIRING ME IN THE FACE"

Johnwataboy's Response to charleygeorge's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Sound as if you bought a pig in a pork charley

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“The Dyson 25 multi floor vacuum cleaner is a complete...”

Written on: 18/03/2011

The Dyson 25 multi floor vacuum cleaner is a complete waste of money; It's heavy, bulkly & incredibly unwieldy. I had the original Dyson for over 15 years & loved it but, like one of the other reviewers, this one I would chuck out of the window if I could afford it. It is also USELESS for under beds; the huge ball means it will not fit and if you detach the handle, the large 'handle loop' is also too large; if you turn the handle parallel with the floor then the attachment is floating around in… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

YOU'VE SAID IT ALL. SOUNDS AS IF IT'S AS MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE FRYING PAN. ALSO VERY HEAVY.
IF EVER YOU ARE ABLE TO AFFORD IT, AND CHUCK YOUR DYSON OUT OF THE WINDOW, THEN BE CAREFUL THAT THERE'S NOBODY PASSING BY UNDERNEATH.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“I HATE this vacuum, I am so disappointed, a waste of...”

Written on: 15/03/2011

I HATE this vacuum, I am so disappointed, a waste of money. We have a small dog and it wont pick up any hairs at all. I didn't buy the "pet" version as never had a problem before with my previous dysons. It wont pick up fluff from socks either. Don't get one!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Well, Dyson's are playing clever now. They manufacture a cleaner for every particular use. A bit of a confidence trick I think. It's too bad you are going to have to wear slippers around the house

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“I bought this vacuum to replace an ageing DC04. I am...”

Written on: 11/03/2011

I bought this vacuum to replace an ageing DC04. I am surprised at how poor this cleaner is in comparison, it is difficult to push especially on carpet being heavy and difficult to steer. The suction is awful, considering this is the "animal" version. I complained to Dyson and they only suggested selling me more items to go with it, such as an extension to the telescopic hose which is too short to reach 2/3 the way up my stairs, I only live in a small council house!! The electrical cord is at… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

You should have bought a DC10....they simply fly up the stairs.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

“DC25 does not lift carpet, our pet will use his claws...”

Written on: 10/01/2011

DC25 does not lift carpet, our pet will use his claws on the carpet, will not remove claw marks by lifting the carpet.Mats down the carpet cannot deep clean. I hate that I spent this much money. What a waste of money. do not walk on carpet will note lift imprints. you need to remove hose to add enough suction. I want my money back. My old sears vaccum works better.that it does not remove imprints from carpet… Read Full Review

Want your money back ??? You have no chance with Dyson's