Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Media Gallery for Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tacoma

“AWESOME!!”

Written on: 04/07/2012 by Charle7 (1 review written)

The Toyota Tacoma Truck is such a fun truck. My husband and I both agree this is the best car we have ever owned. We bought out used and we love it! It rarely breaks down, it gets good gas mileage for a larger vehicle, it has enough power to tow but not so over powered you are burning extra fuel for no reason. It is easy to get in and out and is great with kids. We get a lot of snow where we live and it handles amazing. I recommend getting a lift and larger tires put on it. We are at 180,000… Read Full Review

“The Toyota Tacoma is an excellent, reliable pickup truck.”

Written on: 22/09/2009

The Toyota Tacoma is an excellent, reliable pickup truck… Read Full Review

“2001 Toyota Tacoma extended cab 4x4 V6, I added a cold...”

Written on: 16/11/2006 by fizzy5877 (1 review written)

2001 Toyota Tacoma extended cab 4x4 V6, I added a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, duel exhaust. The truck has noticeably more power with better gas mileage (if you can keep you foot out of it). In the winter I get 2-3 more mpg with the added accessories, summer 1-2 mpg (remember cold air intake). I go off roading a lot and have out performed lots of other 4x4 vehicles. I bought it from the original owner with 28,000 miles on it. As of 11-2006 I got about 45,000 now. I recently added a… Read Full Review

“Toyota Tacoma 2.4L. SR-5 Extra Cab Truck Review”

Written on: 07/03/2005 by guardiananjil (3 reviews written)

Toyota Tacoma 2.4L. SR-5 Extra Cab Truck Review
I purchased the 4 cylinder model after a test drive proved it to be more than capable for what I needed. The 142 HP 2.4L. DOHC Engine was enough to carry that 2,800 lb truck with enough spunk to satisfy. Most of the power was found mid-band but the lower rpm's didn't suffer nor was it afraid to rev. Front disc / rear drum brakes did well to stop the near-17 foot long truck safely.
It was an auto-shift SR-5 extra cab with A/C and a factory… Read Full Review

“WOW!!!!!! The truck is awesome for burnouts with the...”

Written on: 10/09/2002 by Benski28. (1 review written)

WOW!!!!!! The truck is awesome for burnouts with the supercharged Tacoma… Read Full Review

39832_Ryan.'s Response to Benski28.'s Review

Written on: 25/09/2002

This sounds like an awesome truck. I was thinking about buting a tacoma for offroading and also the power that you talk about in this review. I think this just pushed me over the edge into buying this truck earlier than I thought I was going to. Thank for the advice annd the awesome review.

151176_Radicaldude18M's Response to Benski28.'s Review

Written on: 12/04/2004

I would just like to say I completly agree with what all of you have said. I live in New Mexico, I have a 2002 V6 Toyota Tacoma X Cab and nothing can beat it! Out here in New Mexico there are plenty of obstacles and this truck can get over anything.
<br> I like to take it up in the mountains next to my house and it is amazing! It has so much groung clearence! It has a lot of power to. it is way ahead of anything not only in its class but of anything..... well almost anything.
<br> I have a buddy with a new jeep and he was giving me a hard time about my truck, bad idea!
<br>so I challenged him to a little friendly head to head CHALLENGE!!! We a raced up a dirt road to the top of the Sandia mountains behind my house.(10,774ft) HA!!!! not only did I kick win but he got stuck twice! And for me HA I didnt have any problems. Just recently he got rid of his jeep and bought a new Tacoma!
<br> So in conclusion I would not only reccomend getting a Tacoma but I insist that you get one!!! You cant go wrong.

Sexgun's Response to Benski28.'s Review

Written on: 28/11/2003

I have a 2001 Tacoma "S-Runner V6" (two wheel drive Xtracab). I fully concur with your review. Besides the supercharger, I've got bigger injectors and a larger fuel pump. My Tacoma is a joy to drive and, with its 249hp at the wheels in a 3100lb. body, allows me to outrun many so-called performance cars. I'm also able to squeeze 23 to 24 miles out of each gallon.

Sexgun's Response to Benski28.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2003

Yes sir, my truck is a 2001 Tacoma S-Runner (2wd) and with a supercharger, fuel system upgrades - bigger injectors and fuel pump, Split Second FTC controller - it's outputting just under 250hp at the wheels. With a total weight of 3300 lbs. including the driver, it screams down the highway. Oh, and I'm getting 23-24 mpg too. So much fun.

72036_Trd-Nut.'s Response to Benski28.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2003

Do you have a 5-speed or automatic..?
I have 2001 Tacoma Ext Cab, V-6, 4x4, Automatic.
I found shifting manually with the auto, what I mean is starting in first gear and shifting to second then drive...This truck actually moves out quite nice...
I can get 60MPH in second gear Automatic transmission Before "red-line", bump it to drive and just fly. Also, when I shift to drive from second gear, its fairly smooth considering the torque bulid up at that point @ 4,500RPM +.
OMG, This V6 engine sounds so freak'in good at 4,000-5,000 RPM, I just want to hold there and listen to it.
Further, this truck kicks butt in snow, and yes folks its Snows in the low lands here in Washington state, I'm not sure if you could even get this truck stuck, if you of course used common sense when you're playing around..
FOOT Note: About getting stuck, I replaced the dunplap tires with New BFG's All Terrain Ko's, use caution with stock dunlaps if you're going to "play"
Might be getting TRD Supercharger soon, @ $3,000 bucks @ $700 for new tires, HA!...
Killer truck, I drove Ford Ranger, Mazda and Nissian, Toyota beats them all, more so for quality, reliability...
About reliability: Lets just say this, If you can BOLT on a factory Toyota TRD Supercharger and do NO, and mean NO modifications to anything @ 260HP, Imagine what ABUSE this truck can take with the standard V-6 @ 190HP....And Toyota Fully Backs every drive-train componet with the supercharger if installed by Toyota, whow!
Bolt on a Supercharger to a Mazda or Ford and folks keep your mechanic near by and flat bed to pick up the pieces, serious!!!
Also, the Nissan, if all they can get is 210HP out of there V-6 with a Supercharger, they better go back to the drawing board. I mean they get 260HP in the maxima with NO supercharger, and 245HP in the Altima!

“I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Ext,Cab. I recently had...”

Written on: 31/08/2002 by Michael D. (1 review written)

I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Ext,Cab. I recently had the TRD Blower installed and boy: "WHAT A FEELING".
My truck only had 15k mileage at the time of installation and by letting my local dealer (MALL OF GEORGIA TOYOTA) do the installation it became a covered part under my 6/60 powertrain warranty… Read Full Review

“Overall the Toyota Tacoma truck kicks ass!!! I've got...”

Written on: 08/05/2002 by Nathan. (1 review written)

Overall the Toyota Tacoma truck kicks ass!!! I've got the supercharged version by TRD… Read Full Review

Pig's Response to 22784_Nathan.'s Review

Written on: 02/12/2005

For some reason, some people think Toyota trucks are "cool" and tougher than the rest, that type of thing. Well, mabye those overseas models. Our models will burn a motor faster than you can say "sell me and buy a normal truck!" Overpriced for what you get, and no better than the rest.