Nokia 5110 Reviews

• Style

Nokia 5110 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nokia 5110

Nokia 5110

“I bought my first 5110 a year ago, I now have 11 of...”

Written on: 04/04/2010 by tweetee (1 review written)

I bought my first 5110 a year ago, I now have 11 of them. just in case they dissapear altogether I want enough to last me for life… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“If you have some extra money to waste out, or if you...”

Written on: 05/07/2008 by robust seals (1 review written)

If you have some extra money to waste out, or if you are a die hard Nokia fan intending collection of all nokia phones, even then, do not go for this one… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“If you have a Nokia 5110 mobile phone - keep it; if...”

Written on: 08/12/2005 by podbacx (1 review written)

If you have a Nokia 5110 mobile phone - keep it; if you don't, buy one for the collection!… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“The Nokia 5110 is basically brilliant apart from you...”

Written on: 20/03/2005 by Tomsey 1 (1 review written)

The Nokia 5110 is basically brilliant apart from you couldn't get it on pay as you go so I got it on Orange contract. Just quick games, brilliant and has snake 2. The only bad thing is it has no composer… Read Full Review

Haddock26's Response to 185783_Tomsey 1's Review

Written on: 07/03/2006

what phone are u talking about 5110 or 6210?!

Nokia 5110

“The Nokia 5110 has been around since the dark ages and...”

Written on: 20/03/2005 by Tomsey 1 (1 review written)

The Nokia 5110 has been around since the dark ages and still works in 2005 and I have given it to my grandma and she has had it a year and she loves it. I love it, it even has games that were new back then and it sends texts, ace… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“I was bought a Nokia 5110 at Christmas 1998, after...”

Written on: 19/07/2004 by Babyface (1 review written)

I was bought a Nokia 5110 at Christmas 1998, after struggling with a naff Motorola and am still using it five and a half years on! Still using the original battery, this phone has never needed any repairs despite it being frequently dropped, thrown and chewed by my toddler son! The charger decided to pack in a couple of months ago and I have had difficulty trying to find a compatible replacement (currently have to share one).

I feel that it is time to upgrade to a 3510i (I would prefer to… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“I really don't understand why so many people waste...”

Written on: 26/04/2004 by FabioG (1 review written)

I really don't understand why so many people waste half a month's wage worth of money in these new super mobile phones. Ok, so the Nokia 5110 won't take pictures, record short movie clips, record sounds, serve as a remote controller for your tv set, and bring you coffee.

So what? It's as tough and durable as they come, I've had this mobile phone for four years now. Four years. Most things I own never last me more than two years at best. It's seen the skies of six different countries, fallen… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“Having owned 2 of these Nokia 5110 mobile phones, i...”

Written on: 06/04/2004 by Mikeb100 (1 review written)

Having owned 2 of these Nokia 5110 mobile phones, i found that the only major problem i had with them was the screen. The other problem i had which forced me to get a new one was the common fault (or so i believe) of the contact service message. I have since replaced it with a 3410 purely to keep up with the times as it is a bit old now. However it is still a good entry level phone and takes some hard knocks… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“The Nokia 5110 is probably the most reliable phone...”

Written on: 11/11/2003 by cornish6 (4 reviews written)

The Nokia 5110 is probably the most reliable phone i've ever had, its basicly indestructable and it does everything you need it to. Its a little big by todays standards but it still looks good… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“I found this phone a classic one from Nokia. I...”

Written on: 06/11/2003 by Snookiewaldz (12 reviews written)

I found this phone a classic one from Nokia. I purchased my Nokia 5110 in 1998 but never been repaired eversince except changed the backlights. Well, of course battery don't lasts forever so I changed a new one every year to keep it running. My back-up phone in case my new generation Nokia phone goes kaput. Nowadays Nokia phones are not good or as reliable and durable as the 5110s. The 5110 should have been made as a model to copy to build new generation phones for Nokia..but they made another… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“IF Nokia sells a 5110 classics complete with dual...”

Written on: 19/10/2003 by reciyr (1 review written)

IF Nokia sells a 5110 classics complete with dual band! this I won't miss its still a kick ass phone… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“This was the first phone I ever bought with my first...”

Written on: 23/06/2003 by Jen. (1 review written)

This was the first phone I ever bought with my first ever wage packet basically because it was the next stage up from a brick. I have to say that this phone (or at least MY phone) has seriously earned it's place in the hall of fame. Not only has it always been so easy to use and I can navigate the whole phone and write and send a text message with my eyes shut, it is the most durable phone I have ever seen. When I was taking my GCSE's me and my friends relaxed by playing "toss the phone" and it… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“Have been using it for the last 3 years. I would...”

Written on: 25/01/2003 by Sumantra Sarkar. (1 review written)

Have been using it for the last 3 years. I would suggest this to any first time cell phone/hand phone (as Singaporeans call it) user Bad luck I need to change it now.... Worth buying a used one from the market too...if in dire need....specially when you have recently lost your existing one… Read Full Review

Swacsa.'s Response to Sumantra Sarkar.'s Review

Written on: 28/02/2003

How can I unlock my Nokia 5110 mobile phone with secret code? Please send me the answer in e-mail.
<br>swacsa@freemail.hu

Nokia 5110

“The Nokia 5110, that takes me back, it was my first...”

Written on: 08/10/2002 by Smegedinashed. (1 review written)

The Nokia 5110, that takes me back, it was my first phone and I can say i like it a lot, much better than them new sony j70e's. It is brllient value for money, I mean where else can you get a phone with
* Games
* Logos
* An inbuilt calcuator
* X-presson covers
all for £10 ($7)??? The anser is... NOWHERE

It is a very good phone, for someone like me it is no use, but for my parents and my family, just for SMS and Phoning with occasonal games on snake it is Bloody BRILLIANT… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“My primary business is in the computer and...”

Written on: 06/09/2002 by karan. (1 review written)

My primary business is in the computer and telecommunications business and I have used and dealt with many cell phones but the nokia 5110 really stands out. For starters it is built like a tank....yet looks sleek and pleasing to the eye. I use the phone regularly and the most striking feature of this phone is its durability. I am stating for a fact that this phone is tough. I must have dropped this phone at least 30 times (DO NOT TRY WITH UR CELL). Each time my heart skipped a beat but i was… Read Full Review

74962_Swacsa.'s Response to 36577_karan.'s Review

Written on: 23/02/2003

How can I unlock my Nokia 5110 mobile phone by secret code? What is the code?

Nokia 5110

“had this mobile phone given me a year ago by a friend...”

Written on: 02/08/2002 by hawk. (1 review written)

had this mobile phone given me a year ago by a friend upgrading his. i really cannot fault this phone and it is on 25/7/365
and has been this last year. if it ever goes i would not hesitate another same make same model. i dont want the latest just a good reliable phone just like this one.
very happy customer & i am hard to please my wife & kids tell me lol.

could do with a better sellection of ring tones or be able to download them on the internet for free. who pays for ring tone.... they must… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“I have had my Nokia 5110 mobile phone for 3 years and...”

Written on: 24/07/2002 by Nikki. (1 review written)

I have had my Nokia 5110 mobile phone for 3 years and have not had a problem in that time. The battery is now on it's way out, however I have practically lived on it since I got it. I bought a new phone yesterday (another Nokia) and wouldn't change brands for anything… Read Full Review

Nokia 5110

“Seriously, my Nokia 5110 mobile phone is totally...”

Written on: 14/05/2002 by 9115110. (1 review written)

Seriously, my Nokia 5110 mobile phone is totally broken down. I have no money or I would have gone to the shop and bough a totally new one TODAY!!!! The battery is all lame, it says it's low when it's just reloaded, and all... Good luck to you phone keepers!!… Read Full Review

Miyu.'s Response to 9115110.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2003

I don't know whether you bought a Nokia 5110 which is 3 years old (~ max battery lifetime), or just broke your battery with methods I can't imagine.
<br>
<br>It sounds like your battery is messed up anyway. Do you expect a battery to last forever? Well, guess what, they don't... It's not totally broken down either.
<br>
<br>I have had one of these phones for almost 3 years, and it still looks and works good, even after being thrown against the wall and so on. Yeah, mine is totally modified, and only the internals remain original. (But the original BMS battery I have still works without problems, altought it has not been used for ages)
<br>
<br>I would have just bought a new battery if I were you. :) And a slim one, makes the phone weight a lot less, plus it has more energy capacity.
<br>
<br>Well I thought I would just get this off my heart. I hate when someone says bad stuff about the only phone I find truely worth the money it costs.

Nokia 5110

“Sadly I still have my Nokia 5110 mobile phone and have...”

Written on: 26/04/2002 by Claire. (1 review written)

Sadly I still have my Nokia 5110 mobile phone and have had it for two years. It is a good phone, it does what you need and I haven't had any problems with it. However it isn't exactly "cool" as it is So old (can you even still buy them?!) but my only really complaint is not looking that stylish...but even worse I really want a new funky ringtone and my phones just too old!… Read Full Review

82171_Miyu.'s Response to 21258_Claire.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2003

If you think a Nokia 5110 can't look cool, just because it is old.. Think again!
<br>Here is what to get, if you really want it to look good instead of buying a new cellphone. The prices are estimates as the pieces cost different in each shop, and since I live in an expensive country they can possibly be cheaper elsewhere:
<br>A no antennae back cover, I got mine for $10 including expert change; it has better look and gets the radio waves really good aswell!
<br>A slim or ultra slim battery, they both look really cool on a 5110! I got my slim battery second hand for $10 dollars. PS slim battery from Nokia lasts longer than the standard BMS battery (and weights a lot less).
<br>A nice looking cover and some cool buttons to go with it, in my case it was a sleek black cover and black buttons. They cost 10 dollars together.
<br>And for about 12 dollars you can get the leds for lightning the keypad and display changed aswell, to either blue for nice, friendly look or red, for the demonic look.
<br>
<br>I think it is possible to get new ringtones for a 5110, if it is manufactured after the mid 2000 then it should be able to recive ringtones. (Unconfirmed tho, my phone is from start of 2000)
<br>
<br>Oh well, I don't expect many want to waste time on making there old cellphone look better... But since everyone has these new fancy phones which have keys that are SO tiny you have to use all sort of tricks to push 'em, I hope it inspires someone to make there old Nokia 5110 look unique instead of buying a new one! (I have 4 phones, with the oldest one being a 5110, I still love that one the best ^_^ )

Nokia 5110

“I brought a Nokia 5110 mobile phone off a mate for...”

Written on: 11/04/2002 by T. (1 review written)

I brought a Nokia 5110 mobile phone off a mate for seven quid and it's a real workhorse. For its age it has loads of features which some phones of the same age lack. For instance it has interchangeable facias and it can recieve picture messages which a lot of older phones lack. These phones are well built and there are plenty about so you can get a good secondhand buy. overall a great buy. I'm looking to get a 3310 now tho ;-)… Read Full Review