Evans Cycles Reviews - www.evanscycles.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Time Wasting ”

Written on: 15/09/2014

took time out of work to pick up on telephone advise that day but despite advise my bike was ready and despite providing the evidence they asked for to porve the Ride to Work Scheme payment had been made - kept hanging about in Liverpool store for more than 2 hours, in which time I had 2 documents scanned and eamiled to my phone by colleagues at my officem and then had bus home (after complaining they gave me the bus fare) still hoping they will igve me the bike soon - as company /director… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“New road bike broken after 2 days - "not our problem"”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by LaurenceT (1 review written)

Bought a Cannondale road bike from Fulham Branch. 2 days later, spoke breaks without warning or being put under undue stress. Wheel out of true. Spoke replaced by Evans but wheel still has a flat spot. Evans insist spoke breaking is my fault "I must have given it a real wack". There are no signs on the rim or elsewhere of hitting the kerb or another bike. I rode the bike for 180 miles on roads over the 2 days without any events to cause a spoke to break. Evans when pushed said they would… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Incorrect items sent and ridiculous delays.”

Written on: 08/10/2013

I ordered a black cycling jacket from Evans (in the sale and great value) a few days later it arrived but they had sent the wrong colour. I rang 'customer services' who said I'd have to fill out a on-line returns form, they would then send through a reply label and I could send it back for an exchange - why does it need to be this complicated? I sent the form on-line and got no reply so a few days later I tried again. Still nothing so I rang customer services for the second time. A very… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Don't use on-line delivery!”

Written on: 14/06/2013 by bikerider333 (1 review written)

I had a bike delivered via the website to my house that was so badly put together I had to take it to the Edinburgh store to get fixed. The staff to start with couldn't believe that one of their employees had put it together so poorly. They then realised there were several faults on the bike apologised, gave it a thorough checking over and fixed it very quickly. "The person that put this together at our warehouse has no idea how to build a bike." was what the member of staff said. The bike… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Inaccurate information and poor customer service”

Written on: 05/03/2013

Utterly disappointed at the poor service provided by Evans Cycles. I placed an order for a pair of road cycling shoes on Sat 16 Feb at the Bristol store for home delivery. At the time of ordering I was told the shoes were in stock and would take 3-5 days. After 4 days I rang to check the status of my order only to be told that the shoes were now not in stock in my size and had been ordered direct from the supplier (despite me checking on Evans' website daily and the site stating that the… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Great price but hidden fees”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by TrueStory (1 review written)

I ordered a few bike bits for overseas delivery, understanding the standard warning about Evans not being responsible for duties/taxes. My items haven't arrived, but the courier has said I can either pay them a 100% fee (i.e. taxes/duty = $30, courier wants $60) over the phone for them to attempt delivery or else they will destroy the items. In response to my email to Evans I was told that they might destroy them and then no refund will be possible. DHL is primarily to blame, but clearly it… Read Full Review

“terrible customer service”

Written on: 04/01/2013

i ordered a saddle for my bike but had to return because it was the wrong size, i have filled out the returns form twice online and did not receive a email in return with my returns code, so i called customer service and the lady said she would send the email again straightaway, well i waited another day for the email and i didn't receive it for the third time, so i had to call customer service again and was greeted by a not so polite lady on the other end of the phone, the only answer i got… Read Full Review

“Difficult Customer Experience”

Written on: 08/11/2012 by keencyclist (1 review written)

It is a great sadness that Evans' customer service has deteriorated to such an extent that their sales team are unfortunately frequently rude and are not aware of their own company's promotions or current prices. After visiting a branch, I was asked to phone another branch to order the stock. The sales person was very personable but extremely slow and unfortunately not competent. My order had taken an hour over the phone, at the end of which I was advised that it could not proceed becuase they… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Don't Stock parts for a 2010 Bike.”

Written on: 03/11/2012

Asked for a replacement Hanger and derailer for Pinnacle mean streak 1.0 which is as far as I know their own brand. Reply I got ( bought the bike mid 2011 ) "Unfortunately as we do not sell this bike we are unlikely so sell a compatible one on the site" I have to go through the special parts who may be able to source this. The derailer - easy enough bought off Amazon in minutes, but the hanger looks like I'll have to wait. First and last bike from evans… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Is it Garmin or Evans??”

Written on: 21/10/2012 by mikehawley (1 review written)

I returned my Garmin 800 to the Leeds branch on the 11th Oct as it wasn,t registering temperture accurately. I was assured by the sales team that it would be repaired/replaced within a week. To date, 11 days later I have not even received an update. It is the lack of communication that is most annoying. A short call to inform me of progress would have helped… Read Full Review

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 17/10/2012

Ordered a bike on line in the sale, with deliver status of 7 days and only standard delivey as the delivery option. After 7 days had heard nothing so called the contact centre and spoke to Steve who told me I should have heard something and he would chase up my order and get back to me ASAP ....... heard nothing. Called again to get again Steve , who informed me he was still waiting for an update. I advised Steve that I was going away on Sunday and as it was now Thursday also wanted to make… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Cannondale Caad 8, NOT IMPRESSED!! ”

Written on: 14/10/2012 by JG11 (2 reviews written)

I bought this bike on a cycle to work scheme, thinking it would be a solid bike after speaking to your staff. I have had to return this bike for faulty bottom bracket bearings, faulty seat collar and now after about 2000 miles i am having to replace the spokes in my wheel every 26 miles. Evans have been fine having all this work done under warranty up until now,Although the parts took weeks to be replaced. I have only had this bike 5 - 6 months and it has spent 4-5 weeks in the work shop in… Read Full Review

“After-care very poor”

Written on: 10/10/2012 by Sirrus (1 review written)

I have purchased a number of items, including an expensive cycle. The cycle is OK, and the products themselves have been generally OK, albeit very expensive, but one item "broke" some 7 weeks ago, and since then I have been passed around like an umwanted Xmas present with - still - no resolution in sight. Originally I was told that my complaint would be escalated for investigation. 5 weeks later I followed up the lack of response and was told that I needed to contact that department ( that… Read Full Review

“Bad customer service”

Written on: 10/10/2012

I ordered an helmet which was sent to somebody else. Every one makes mistake but the important bit is how mistakes are dealt with. Well Evans did a very poor job on this occasion. It took me about 2 weeks to get the helmet as they never told me they only had one in stock and had to wait for the person who received it my mistake to send it back... They also offered a £10 voucher for the inconvenience which I never received. There's lot of bike shop out there such as wiggle, chain reaction… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“I thought they were better than this!”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by ramp535 (1 review written)

I bought a Jamis Beatnik from them that was origionally £300 and put down to £259.99 in sale. Being a beginner I wanted a cheap bike to get me to work and back which is only 2.5miles away. I wanted a really simple bike for the purpose and hence went for single speed Beatnik to avoid complications. In less than a week I started having problems with the bike. The pedal started to jump/ slip for whatever reason. I took it to the shop and they decided to change the pedals putting it down to low… Read Full Review

Evans Cycles's Response to ramp535's Review

Written on: 18/09/2012

Dear Ramp535,

We are sorry to note that your recent experience with Evans Cycles has left you disappointed.

We would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us and would ask you to get in touch with me at the following address and I will be happy to investigate and respond to your concerns.

E-mail contact details are: community.manager@evanscycles.com

Please be assured customer feedback is important to us and taken seriously, so we do hope you will take the time to let us assist you.

Ramp535's Response to ramp535's Review

Written on: 18/09/2012

Dear Balint Hamvas,

I will definitely e-mail you. Thanks for your concern.

Ramp535's reply to Ramp535's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2012

Follow up on the contact:

So I did get in touch with Evans following their request to be contacted. They very generously offered me a £20 voucher but did not offer any explaination as to why I had the experience that I did.

However, they did apologise for the inconvenience and I guess what more could they do?
But still I will be little sceptic when and if placing another order with Evans.

Hope my review helps you make an informed decision.

“Bad sales team”

Written on: 19/08/2012

I went into the shop, was there for half an hour and no one spoke to me. I ordered the bike online in the end and am still waiting for someone to call me to confirm my order. Overall, would be nice if anyone could help seeing as my knowledge on bikes is limited. At the moment I'm having to seek info from other bikes specialists and would buy my bike with them if my work's ride to work contract wasn't with Evans. Most companies are, maybe that's why they don't care!… Read Full Review

Evans Cycles's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2012

Balint Hamvas

“Evens Evens Evens! what are you doing!”

Written on: 30/07/2012

I like Evans because when buying online, you can return to a store for a refund or exchange. But they do take an eternity to despatch and deliver. They say on the website delivered within 3-5 days, but my last 4-5 orders from them have taken at least 9 working days, usualy at least 4-5 days to even despatch the order. And my last order has been lost, in the proccess of trying to get a new one sent out. (not sure who is at fault Evans or royal mail, but i have my suppositions!)… Read Full Review

Evans Cycles's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2012

“Empty box”

Written on: 09/07/2012 by evildead6661666 (1 review written)

I ordered two bike lights from Evans. The website is great. Ordering and payment was easy. When my package arrived I opened it to find one back light and one empty box for a front light. The best bit is that the box's front is cut away so that you can see there is no light in it! There is a little red arrow saying "try me" and sadly pointing to the empty space where the light should be. Clearly whoever packed my order knew there was no light there, but merrily sent it off anyway! Just… Read Full Review

Evans Cycles's Response to evildead6661666's Review

Written on: 10/07/2012

“Awful servicing”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by Ben27 (1 review written)

Evans Cycles provides a free 6 week service on your bike, I would not recommend this to anyone. I took my bike in saying only the gears will need attention. I picked it up a day later to see they had over tightened the brakes making them stick and the gears were still not right. Two further visits to correct such issues have still not put it right. I hope such appalling servicing is down to the fact that it was free, not the competency of the staff working there. The only positive I can give… Read Full Review

Visit evanscycles.com

“Evans customer service has really dropped”

Written on: 22/06/2012 by RichardMM (1 review written)

Ordered a few bits in plenty of time for the London to Brighton bike ride and selected standard delivery as it said 3-5 days which was fine but it hadn't turned up even after a week. I got them to cancel the order in the end. Friends ordered from wiggle for the same ride also selecting free delivery and it turned up within 2 days. Also annoying many of the Evans offers such as 15% off if you order 3 items has so many restrictions over what items do and don't qualify it's almost impossible to… Read Full Review

Evans Cycles's Response to RichardMM's Review