Not On The High Street Reviews - www.notonthehighstreet.com

Not On The High Street www.notonthehighstreet.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Not On The High Street www.notonthehighstreet.com

Not On The High Street www.notonthehighstreet.com

“Avoid this website!”

Written on: 02/02/2016 by DeeBarrett (1 review written)

Don't shop through this website!!!! Bought a medium tshirt as a xmas gift from retailer Precious Little Plum on this site. The shirt sent was clearly an XL - they argued their sizing was approximate so that was OK and refused to refund. Loopholes galore in their "T&C" read them carefully. How can they see it as reasonable for a gift recipient to go out of their way to pay for postage to return the item in its "original" packaging if the product sent is wrong? They won't even send a prepaid… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“Rubbish Goods - Only option to sue for money back”

Written on: 18/01/2016 by FlipFlap (1 review written)

I bought an ipad case from them for a Christmas present. Come two weeks after Christmas it was broken. I sent a photo but they don't want it back they don't care. The company has refused to give my money back and it appears that I would have to go to court for the £30. it's become clear to me why they aren't on the high street or on Amazon, retailers would be inundated with returns and the product would be destroyed with bad reviews. I have attached our correspondence Your enquiry on… Read Full Review

Flipflap's Response to FlipFlap's Review

Written on: 20/01/2016

UPDATE - I got my money back eventually.

“Would never use again.”

Written on: 03/01/2016 by rosros (1 review written)

Guitar Pick Case, sold on NOTHS by BEEcycle: The leather was not uniformly cut, the press stud was not centrally placed and was badly scratched, and there was no colour at all in the inscription. There were two options for the position of the inscription - front or back. I chose the back, but the inscription was placed on the front. Plus, it arrived in a flimsy envelope which, quite naturally, didn't survive the journey (badly torn). The seller sent a replacement, but this too was faulty as… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“very poor customer service”

Written on: 30/12/2015 by 289McMahon (1 review written)

I ordered something through ebay and they did not tell me they could not send it until a week after it should have arrived. They did not reply to my email when I complained… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“I urge you to indeed shop on the High Street!”

Written on: 28/12/2015

This is one customer, meaning me, who will indeed be shopping on the high street, and not... Not on the High Street (dot com)! I am truly disgusted that a seller could not see that the product we ordered was not for Christmas and should have been sent well in time, yet in the true spirit it was not; hence did not, and has not yet arrived (29.12.15)! This was a gift from my daughter to her mother, personalised to read "Merry Christmas Mum, Love You"... what more do you need? Needless to say, my… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“Would never use this company again!”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by O'Sullivanjs263 (1 review written)

Extremely disappointing experience when purchasing my husband's Christmas gift. A 5-7 working day delivery advertised and of course this was extended, so that it wouldn't be arriving pre Christmas. Requested for a cancellation and they had the audacity to quotes terms and conditions. Will definitely never ever be using this company again… Read Full Review

Angry345's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2015

Having same problem. Ordered a present from them on 13th December which was supposedly dispatched and to be delivered on the 21st....this is the twenty third and I am still waiting.

“Amateurish website, Poor Search facility”

Written on: 13/12/2015 by AshtynClarke (1 review written)

For a company claiming to be streets ahead of the competition, their website is truly abysmal. It takes an age to find anything, search optimisation is non existent and the website design is so cluttered it looks like the result of a food fight. I gave up in sheer frustration… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“Man cave sign - The Letteroom”

Written on: 10/12/2015

Poorest quality item ever purchased. Inferior quality wood with dreadful printing, nothing like photo shown on site. Sold on not on the high street. If sold ON the high street it would remain unsold. Fit only to go on the fire. Will never use this site again… Read Full Review

“Do not buy NOTHS”

Written on: 06/12/2015 by CiaraRivera (1 review written)

These people are just a front for off loading shoddy goods from their 'seller'. When you have a problem with the quality they do not want to know. They are getting around normal trading standards and regulations by the way they operate. The sellers don't have stock to replace if there's a quality issue and so far have not reimbursed me over £100 of goods. The reason they are NOT ON THE HIGH STREET is because they would not be in business long if they were!!… Read Full Review

“peacock decorations ”

Written on: 05/12/2015 by clutternutter (1 review written)

Wonderful product which I had not been able to find anywhere else. Even better than on the photos. Prompt delivery and service. Could not ask for more… Read Full Review

“Poor service”

Written on: 01/12/2015 by feBrennan13 (1 review written)

Ordered items in the Black Friday sale, really good prices and informed all in stock. Only to receive an email two days later to say sorry now out of stock. Disgusted with the poor service and a company that obviously does not track its suppliers stock. Very very disappointed… Read Full Review

“Impossible to search”

Written on: 17/11/2015 by 480Bennett (1 review written)

I love many of the products on this website, but it has just got too big and now impossible to search for specific items. If for example you were looking for a box and wanted a pink one, putting in the words 'pink box' will bring up every item that is either pink or a box (and many more completely unrelated items that aren't even packed in a box). Add 'small' and you will get absolutely everything described as small. Adding more terms should narrow the search, not bring up thousands more items… Read Full Review

Visit notonthehighstreet.com

“Products misguided and pictures misleading ”

Written on: 14/10/2015 by okWooten1954 (1 review written)

I recently purchased all my Christmas and birthday present on this site, thinking it will be quick and affordable. As the products arrived, I find myself very disappointed as the quality of the products are not very good. The products are not as shown on the picture, and the price does increase by quite a bit by the time the shipping is added. I also paid for some products to be gift wrap, a service which seems not have been provided. Very disappointed, and I will not be using this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/11/2015

We are so sorry to hear that you have received an item of poor quality. We understand how frustrating this must be so please accept our sincerest apologies.

We would really like to help you and would ask that you contact us directly so that we speak to you regarding the issue with your order.

Please accept our apologies once again

With best wishes

Customer Service

notonthehighstreet.com

“They can't sort things out”

Written on: 01/09/2015 by Julieth282 (1 review written)

I ordered and paid for 2 over priced lampshades. Just one arrived. They have no customer service at weekends and so had to wait till Monday. Phoned this morning to explain the problem. At 17:45 they STILL have not contacted the supplier to sort this out. I am hugely fed up with it all and would not use this company again as it is not reliable or able to deal efficiently with customer complaints… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/09/2015

Good afternoon,

We are really sorry to hear, that you had such a disappointment with your order and that our Customer Service Team was not available to help over the weekend.
This is not an experience we would like our customers to have, please contact us in Customer Services with your order number and we will be more than happy to investigate this further for you.
Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am-8pm or on Saturdays from 10am-5pm. Alternatively, you can send us an email to us. Please get back in touch with us, so we can resolve this issue as soon as possible for you.
Please accept our apologies once again.

notonthehighstreet.com

“Horrendous value for money”

Written on: 15/05/2015 by IrisChaney140 (1 review written)

Bought x2 roses as bride of the groom & mother of the bride for our wedding. Cost £107. Absolute disgrace - received x2 roses about 4 inches tall in a box around 3ft. Probable value at best for the rose £2....... Seriously not value for money. We are hoping for each rose a delivery of £48 worth of horse manure to turn up to hopefully make the rose grow… Read Full Review

Good morning,

We are very sorry to hear that the roses were not up to the expectation and that you feel the order was not good value for your money.

This is not an experience we would like our customers to have, please contact us in Customer Services with your order number and we will be more than happy to investigate this further for you and pass on the feedback to the relevant seller.

Please accept our apologies once again.

Kind Regards

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by Jmd555 (1 review written)

Clever concept but NOTHS wash their hands of any responsibility when it comes to a problem! You are redirected to the seller and left to sort it out with them which has happened to me on several occasions! I also had a problem with NOTHS themselves who cancelled an order I made WITHOUT telling me and it was only because I checked to see if I had a delivery date that I found out! It was totally their error but I couldn't speak to anyone and had to make do with an online chat service which is… Read Full Review

Notonthehighstreet.com's Response to Jmd555's Review

Good afternoon,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience and offer our most sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience incurred.
Our aim is to provide an exceptional level of customer service and we will take all your feedback on board to improve the service standards in future.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Customer Service and we will investigate this further.
Please accept our sincerest apology.

Jmd555's reply to Notonthehighstreet.com's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2015

Thank you for your response which is appreciated. I do hope that it is not however just platitudes as 1.8 out of 5 of 159 reviews on this site is NOT a good result and you do need to do something about it.

Katieharri's reply to Jmd555's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2015

It is a platitude. I have had so many. They are SO very polite. But can't seem to do ANYTHING constructive to resolve the problem. Bad business model. They will go down!

Jmd555's reply to Katieharri's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2015

I am sure you are right! Nothing whatsoever has changed for the better in the past three years so they are NOT LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! They will loose them in the end!

“Not on the High street for a reason”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by LiliaMcKinnon (1 review written)

I bought a designer bag for £180 which arrived with the metal buckles already corroded and tarnished. The overall quality of the leather and workmanship was disappointing too. In a leather making country like Italy you could pick up something similar from a market for £20 or so. Clearly on the High street I wouldn't have bought it but now I have to try and return it. I wouldn't buy from this seller or site again. … Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to hear that the designer bag received was in a faulty condition - please accept our sincere apology for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.
We value our customer feedback and are constantly looking for ways to improve our services. Please can you send over your details so we can investigate this further?
You can contact our customer service team.

May I offer our apologies once again and we are very sorry to have lost your custom.

notonthehighstreet.com

“Item still hasn't arrived”

Written on: 26/03/2015 by Ausernamenooneelsehas (1 review written)

I ordered some personalised item for a relatives anniversary well before the stated delivery date. They didn't arrive on the date and when I contacted not on the high street they told me they hadn't been dispatched . They said the problem was with the manufacturers Warner's End who they were unable to get in touch with. I am still waiting for the items… Read Full Review

Notonthehighstreet.com's Response to Ausernamenooneelsehas's Review

Good afternoon,

We are very sorry to hear that your order did not arrive on the advertised delivery date and understand your frustration. I hope that this matter has been resolved in the meantime, but please get in touch with our Customer Service team if you require further assistance as we are more than happy to investigate this further for you so we can resolve this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback, and again please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

notonthehighstreet.com

“Mostly Bought in from China....”

Written on: 01/03/2015 by 84Dempsey (1 review written)

I used to use this site to buy unique, handmade gifts - something that someone had put some thought, imagination and time in to. I spent half an hour trying to find something unique on this site the other day, and all I could find were pre-made items brought in from China: nothing new, nothing handmade, nothing that I would call a true 'Craft'. To be frank, there was more in the way of unique gifts when I looked on Amazon and Ebay, and both of those sites were more affordable too. I ended up… Read Full Review

Good afternoon,

We are so sorry to hear of your experience and would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Our aim is to offer our customers a variety of the best creative small UK businesses and to make it simple for you to find inspired, personalised or unique items - and on this occasion it would appear that we have been unsuccessful in our mission.

If you would like to contact us in Customer Service someone would be more than happy to investigate this for you further.

“Gone downhill”

Written on: 10/02/2015

What started out as a great company with a decent amount of good quality and unusual items has gone downhill lately and I'm finding that there is a plethora of over-priced, poor quality items that all look, well, how to put it - pretty much the same as each other! I have had to return a couple of items in the past few months due to poor quality and the hassle is starting to put me off. Their trouble, in my opinion, is that they have many different companies selling through them over which they… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and disappointments you've had with your latest orders.
We are really sorry that you feel quality standards of our products are not as described and we do value your feedback in this matter. If you could please let our Customer Service Team know of any particular items you came across, and we will investigate this further to pass on the feedback to the relevant department or seller.
Please be assured that our mission is to provide our customers with good quality and unique products, and again we are really sorry that on this occasion expectations were not met.