Affordable Mobiles Reviews - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

“TOTAL RIP OFF!”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by annadush985 (1 review written)

Now i understand where they make their money! causing problems, sending out e-mails to be contacted and being put on hold for 30 minutes. I think it's safe to say i will NOT be ordering from here!! I was emailed saying to contact them, so i did, on hold for 28 minutes all for them to ask if i had £2.50 in my account (which is a bit stupid) and then they said my order will be with me by Wednesday, i was excited after waiting a month for my phone it would finally be here. Wednesday came… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to annadush985's Review

Written on: 30/10/2014

I am sorry to read that you were on hold for quite some time whilst waiting to be connected to an Advisor, and we have been experiencing high levels of calls recently due to the release of the new iPhone handsets. We have been dealing with these as quickly and efficiently as we possibly can, to ensure Customers are not waiting longer than necessary. If the security check on the card isn't successful, we do have to check with the Customer that the £2.50 refundable amount is available as part of the process, as we are unable to assume it will be. Once this has been done, the order will continue to be processed and upon trying for the connection with the network, if there is an issue, we will contact yo immediately. I do appreciate this was outside of our Customer Service opening hours, as our Connections Team do work until 10pm, so the email sent would have been automatically generated so that you were informed as soon as possible of the situation with your order. I am sorry that you were not happy with the service you received, however, if there is a a query with the network, we are unable to continue with the order until that is resolved.

Rob1N1's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2014

funny this i'm having exactly thre same problem ordered Friday then out of hours email asking to contact. Called Saturday after waiting for 30 mins told they need to take another £5 out after already taking £2.50 on the friday from my card told this would be done on Sunday after I get a call from the other team! No call Sunday email on Monday asking me to call again or reply by email with a suitable time for them to call me, no call back again. Order will now be cancelled as I have been directly in touch with the network and they have no knowledge of my order. Either do what you promise or don't, also you don't advise anywhere regarding money being taken from the card.

“all fine to start with but then got ripped off”

Written on: 20/10/2014 by 361Montgomery (1 review written)

I chose a phone via affordable mobiles and then realised the 'cash back' by redemption was a real hassle. However my choice to use the company relied on the cash-back making it the best deal available, so i made a real effort to keep track of the paperwork and dates for redemption. The first redemption took a bit of chasing up, the 2nd and i think also 3rd went through fine, but then i hit a blank - no reply to my polite and then more demanding enquiries as to if it was being processed, not… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/10/2014

I do understand how frustrating it is that you haven't been advised that your fourth cashback claim has not been received here, however, due to the vast amount of line rental redemption orders placed, it has to be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure it reaches us. This is part of the reason why we recommend sending it by recorded delivery as you are able to track it until it is signed for here at our Head Office. We do allow up to 60 days for the claim to reach us and therefore you may still be within that time scale to resend the claim to be processed for payment.

“Terrible, unorgansied, useless 'company'!”

Written on: 10/10/2014

Terrible 'company'. 'in stock' and '3-5 days delivery'. 3 weeks, still no phone. Even the idiots on the phone have no idea how long it'll take to arrive. I've never dealt with such an organised, useless company before. I'm surprised Apple even allowed them to 'stock' the phones. Probably stolen. Believe the bad reviews, don't use this company!! I've been on the phone to them 3 times. 3 different staff all telling me different things. 'yeah yeah mate it'll be coming tomorrow', and 3 days later… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Worst company I have ever dealt with, avoid at all cost”

Written on: 29/09/2014 by aiptek101 (1 review written)

I am still waiting on cash back for my phone I purchased back in January! these people just keep on lying and make excuses about back logs and IT issues that absolutely don’t exist! If you take up one of their offers then don’t expect to receive an cash back by redemption, in fact I wouldn’t even both going to the effort of even sending in the forms and your details back to them as I can guarantee you won't receive a penny! I cannot believe that a company can get away with so much and… Read Full Review

“Terrible, Liars, Avoid”

Written on: 17/09/2014

Affordable Mobiles - If you look at their facebook page you will see all the posts from people complaining about them. They are an awful company who lie all the time. I bought a contract from them which included a cash back deal and that is why i went with them. I was promised the cashback 12 weeks later and never received it. I then proceeded to phone them as much as possible to get an answer and I was told they had I.T. issues they were working on 24/7. I kept being told i would have the… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Affordable Mobiles you can't afford”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by trustme99 (0 reviews written)

I wanted a new smartphone and looked for what I thought was going to be a good deal and choose Affordablemobiles.co.uk. HOW WRONG WAS I!! THEY DON'T PAY OUT THE PROMISED REDEMPTION REFUNDS SO MAKING IT NOT VERY AFFORDABLE at all. When contacting them you are told that they have technical/administrative problems but payment will be received within 15 to 21 days. I am still waiting and now fail to get any response from them. Be warned and PLEASE USE ANOTHER PROVIDER. … Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Cashback is never on time and lately no cashback at all. ”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by Brady87 (1 review written)

I always sent my cashback forms on time, payment would get to me 3months later, the last time I submitted a form was in July and I still haven't received payment. I think it is unlikely I will get it. I have called them and emailed (they do not respond at all by email) and still no cashback… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“don't trust, you can't afford to be ripped off.”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by JesseDillon48 (1 review written)

Phone lg Optimus supplied quickly and works well... However I bought it from this copany because of the cash redemptions offered making it affordable to me....its NOT they don't pay out claiming all sorts of computer problems etc. DON'T TRUST DON'T BUY… Read Full Review

“NON PAYMENT OF CAHBACK”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by Upton272 (1 review written)

I sent my fifth cash back voucher and airtime bills at the beginning of June by recorded delivery. The delivery was made according to the Royal Mail website. Because I heard no more (a confirmation text is usually sent)I then had to contact Affordable Mobiles "Customer Care Team" on several occasions, eventually I received an e-mail saying (and I quote) "Thank you for your email.I can confirm that your cash back claim was approved on the 10th July." The contract requires payment to be made in… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Cashback Not Received - Asking For My Bank Statement!”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by RosemarySmith77 (1 review written)

Purchased a phone via Affordable Mobiles in 2012 with cashback. The first few payments came in OK, but since then it has been like pulling teeth. My final (thankfully!) payment was claimed on 17 June, apparently approved in July but has not been received as of today (2 September) despite numerous chasing e-mails. Shockingly, my chasing e-mail of 1 September received the following response: "The claim should have cleared into your account under A1 Comms, in order to verify this please send in a… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“INVOICE NO.: 1619544 PROHIBITED CONTRACT TERMS that...”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by McGarry177 (1 review written)

INVOICE NO.: 1619544 PROHIBITED CONTRACT TERMS that are banned in European Union. You must return off the £ 140 to my account. If I don't get refund 140 pounds within two weeks, you can be sure to pay more than 100,000 pounds compensation… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Month after Month chasing cash back! Do Not Use!! ”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Gardner004 (1 review written)

Took out my Affordable Mobiles contract in October 2013 with the 10 months 1/2 price redemption as my free gift. So every few months I have to post a copy of five bills plus my voucher via RECORDED delivery. Wait for my cash back, keep on waiting & waiting & yes more waiting. Still no payment by late June I rang them to ask about the delay. I got told a problem with the system had occurred & it will be with me in 14 days. Guess what turned up in 14 days...nothing!!!! So today I rang again, a… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to Gardner004's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I am concerned to read that you don't seem to have received your cashback as yet, when it is showing to ourselves as being paid, and I will need to look into this further for you. The payment will show from A1 Comms rather than Affordablemobiles, but if you can please provide your order/invoice number, I will happily investigate this for you and then contact you accordingly. All the information you have been given by the advisors when you have spoken with them is correct, we have had some serious IT issues which means we have had to make the payments manually which has taken far longer than we would want it to. Whist I totally appreciate that none of this is the fault of yourself the customer, I do feel this explanation is deserved. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience during this time.

Gardner004's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2014

Who the payment shows from is not confusing me! I know the payment has not been paid because the account your paying into has had three payments received since May & each one has been from myself from another account. Therefore I cannot mistake the payment having been paid. Please excuse me for not believing what your customer services tell me but the evidence is on this forum amongst many others, that your IT problems have been going on for months if not years. You seem to use the same generic answer for all cash back problems. Even when you make a promise in a reply you don't seem to be able to fulfil it. My order number is 3487086 for you to look into. Thank you

“NEVER GET CASHBACK !!”

Written on: 21/07/2014

TERRIBLE SERVICE ! HORRIBLE COMPANY !! Don't use this company if you are planning to get cashbook by redemption. Affordable mobiles have acknowledged receipt of my receipts which they've received 4 months ago and still haven't paid me even though I had numerous promises. It started off well but a couple of payments I've spent more time chasing these payments than nothing. It takes 20~30 minutes to get through to the customer services and they advise they have an system error… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

I do understand your totally frustration with the delays you are experiencing with receiving your cashback payment and I would firstly like to reassure you that every claim that is verified will be paid. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you and advise that we have experienced high levels of calls and whilst we are dealing with them as quickly and efficiently as possible, there is still a wait on the line for the next available advisor. We have also had some serious IT issues which has meant that we have had to manually enter a vast amount of payments, which has taken longer than we would have liked, and has obviously caused delays that we are now working hard to try and get up to date. I will gladly chase your payment and ensure you receive it as a matter of urgency, if you can please provide your order number. I would like to also thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Toripaw's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

It's always replaied same as that you have still the IT issues and asked the order number.
How could you run on the work with the system error for so long ?
I have sent the Order Number: 3364183 dozens of times but nothing happened.

“Rubbish at answering phone or responding to emails”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by Stephanyf287 (1 review written)

Been all right for first 12 months but now won't pay my cash back. Tried to ring put my contract number in and DoB get message unable to deal with you at this time. Emailed them but again no reply. I think they just delete the emails. Do not touch this company with a barge pole. … Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Thank you for your review, and please accept my apologies that you have not received your outstanding payment, when you have kindly stated that the first year of your contract with ourselves was alright. We have recently experienced some serious IT issues and this has meant that we were unable to access our emails or the payment system, which caused major delays as we had to work the payments manually. I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that you will receive your payments, and if you can please provide your order number/invoice number, I will gladly look into this for you and resolve to a satisfactory conclusion.

“Horrible company”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by Blissclothes (1 review written)

Did my disabled son out of his cash back and the insurance company they are linked with failed to respond to his broken phone claim. I sent 20 plus emails not one response but they did keep bombarding his email with new phone offers. We have the email promising the cash back but two months on not a sign. Have to say one of the most dishonourable companies I have ever dealt with. If they can Rip off a disabled person no morals. I have been told I can sue but rather just tell as many people… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to Blissclothes's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I do understand your frustration that your son has not yet received his cashback, and I would like to apologise for the delays, but please be assured that he will receive it. We have had some IT issues and this has rendered some of our systems inaccessible, including the emails and the payment system, which meant that we have had to start entering all the payments manually which has taken far longer than we would want. We are now working through the backlog of emails and trying to get up to date on the payments. With regards the insurance company not responding to the emails, it may be worth giving them a call and asking to speak with someone regarding the handset. If you can please provide the order number, I will happily look into the issue with the cashback, and contact your son accordingly.

“avoid ”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by fran4you (1 review written)

Never answer phone to deal with issues Do not reply to emails Charged for 3 accounts, only took one out, 3 months later still being billed x3… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to fran4you's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I am sorry to read your review and also very concerned that you state you are being charged for more accounts than you have. We are unable to set accounts up in customers name without them requesting it, and so I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide your order numbers for the 3 accounts, so I can investigate and then contact you accordingly.

“Won't pay cashback”

Written on: 29/06/2014

Affordable mobiles have acknowledged receipt of my receipts which they've had for 7 weeks at least and still haven't paid me even tho I had numerous promises. My wife and I both submitted our paperwork at the same time both had the same issue.... Pathetic. I looking to raise a small claims case against them and will be terminating my contract which they have now breached. Read any reviews about this company and they all say the same. Time to send an email to watchdog! How are these… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

I'm sorry for the delay with your cashback, we have been experiencing delays as the system had been down for some time. We had to create a new system in order to process cash back from older orders.

If you would like me to look into this further for you please provide your invoice number or order number and I can advise further.

“cannot access sytems for 2 months”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by rich1986 (1 review written)

been trying to get a proof of purchase receipt from them for the last 2 months, so that I can get a replacement phone from my insurer I have phoned them many times and sent emails, the only response I get is they cannot access the system, two months to get the systems back online, that's just ridiculous, you technicians need replacing asap as they are evidently useless. I will be contacting citizens advice in the next day or so. order number:1740422… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to rich1986's Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi,
I'm sorry for the delay in getting this to you, I have sent you an email including your invoice for you to make your claim.

“DON'T EVER USE AFFORDABLE MOBILES”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by a_faulkner (1 review written)

I got a phone for my daughter from Affordable Mobiles in November 2013 on an O2 contract. The first problem was when we received the phone it was not networked to O2. I phoned Affordable Mobiles who would not exchange the phone but offered to pay to have it unlocked which I duly did and got the money back. Since then, however, the phone has stopped working 5 times and I have had to get it repaired by Samsung. I have had to have it unlocked at a cost of £15 every time it's been sent away to… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to a_faulkner's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

Hi, I have read your review and am concerned to learn that you have had quite a few issues with the handset, and also that you have to pay to have it unlocked each time. I would like to be able to look into this issue for you, and in order to do this, I would require you to provide your order number. If you could please respond to this review with that information and then allow me time to check it out and I will contact you accordingly once this is done.

“Poor Service, Poor Excuses!”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by BPaton (1 review written)

I ordered two phones for my wife and I, at first everything went well fast delivery etc. However for close to a year now we have been chasing the 'CASHBACK' offer that was taken with the phones, with the reason for the delay being 'don't have access to the system'. After spending many hours on hold and issuing many emails which have been ignored or received only a short vague response which doesn't even address the issues we are beyond annoyed at poor service we have received. I would recommend… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to BPaton's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Hi, I am sorry to read your review stating that you are still awaiting payment of the cashback for both contracts, and I am aware that you have been communicating on Social Media regarding these payments. I can confirm that we have now put a structure in place which enables us to start working through the backlog of claims, with regards verifying them, and we are hoping that the backlog should be cleared within a maximum of 3 weeks. Once this is done, we can then start putting the payments in place and contacting customers accordingly to advise of when their individual payments will be made. In order for me to check yours for you, could you please provide your order number or postcode. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the frustration this has caused you and also to thank you for your patience at this difficult time.

Beerbobby1981's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2014

Please tell me, would you have a lot of 'patience' if your customers did not pay their monthly bills? Giving you the excuse that we are very busy and because We've got a rubbish I.t system didn't pay you? No, you wouldn't would you?? So why do you expect your customers to be patient? Read any any reviews and you have been pulling off this for years!! Why do you keep signing up new customers and taking their money when you are unable to meet your contractual obligations and pay your customers!! I am writing a email to watch dog and I hope everyone else joins me in doing so.

affordablemobiles.co.uk