Affordable Mobiles Reviews - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

Media Gallery for Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Terrible, Liars, Avoid”

Written on: 17/09/2014

Affordable Mobiles - If you look at their facebook page you will see all the posts from people complaining about them. They are an awful company who lie all the time. I bought a contract from them which included a cash back deal and that is why i went with them. I was promised the cashback 12 weeks later and never received it. I then proceeded to phone them as much as possible to get an answer and I was told they had I.T. issues they were working on 24/7. I kept being told i would have the… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Affordable Mobiles you can't afford”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by trustme99 (0 reviews written)

I wanted a new smartphone and looked for what I thought was going to be a good deal and choose Affordablemobiles.co.uk. HOW WRONG WAS I!! THEY DON'T PAY OUT THE PROMISED REDEMPTION REFUNDS SO MAKING IT NOT VERY AFFORDABLE at all. When contacting them you are told that they have technical/administrative problems but payment will be received within 15 to 21 days. I am still waiting and now fail to get any response from them. Be warned and PLEASE USE ANOTHER PROVIDER. … Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Cashback is never on time and lately no cashback at all. ”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by Brady87 (1 review written)

I always sent my cashback forms on time, payment would get to me 3months later, the last time I submitted a form was in July and I still haven't received payment. I think it is unlikely I will get it. I have called them and emailed (they do not respond at all by email) and still no cashback… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“don't trust, you can't afford to be ripped off.”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by JesseDillon48 (1 review written)

Phone lg Optimus supplied quickly and works well... However I bought it from this copany because of the cash redemptions offered making it affordable to me....its NOT they don't pay out claiming all sorts of computer problems etc. DON'T TRUST DON'T BUY… Read Full Review

“NON PAYMENT OF CAHBACK”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by Upton272 (1 review written)

I sent my fifth cash back voucher and airtime bills at the beginning of June by recorded delivery. The delivery was made according to the Royal Mail website. Because I heard no more (a confirmation text is usually sent)I then had to contact Affordable Mobiles "Customer Care Team" on several occasions, eventually I received an e-mail saying (and I quote) "Thank you for your email.I can confirm that your cash back claim was approved on the 10th July." The contract requires payment to be made in… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Cashback Not Received - Asking For My Bank Statement!”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by RosemarySmith77 (1 review written)

Purchased a phone via Affordable Mobiles in 2012 with cashback. The first few payments came in OK, but since then it has been like pulling teeth. My final (thankfully!) payment was claimed on 17 June, apparently approved in July but has not been received as of today (2 September) despite numerous chasing e-mails. Shockingly, my chasing e-mail of 1 September received the following response: "The claim should have cleared into your account under A1 Comms, in order to verify this please send in a… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“INVOICE NO.: 1619544 PROHIBITED CONTRACT TERMS that...”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by McGarry177 (1 review written)

INVOICE NO.: 1619544 PROHIBITED CONTRACT TERMS that are banned in European Union. You must return off the £ 140 to my account. If I don't get refund 140 pounds within two weeks, you can be sure to pay more than 100,000 pounds compensation… Read Full Review

Visit affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Month after Month chasing cash back! Do Not Use!! ”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Gardner004 (1 review written)

Took out my Affordable Mobiles contract in October 2013 with the 10 months 1/2 price redemption as my free gift. So every few months I have to post a copy of five bills plus my voucher via RECORDED delivery. Wait for my cash back, keep on waiting & waiting & yes more waiting. Still no payment by late June I rang them to ask about the delay. I got told a problem with the system had occurred & it will be with me in 14 days. Guess what turned up in 14 days...nothing!!!! So today I rang again, a… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to Gardner004's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I am concerned to read that you don't seem to have received your cashback as yet, when it is showing to ourselves as being paid, and I will need to look into this further for you. The payment will show from A1 Comms rather than Affordablemobiles, but if you can please provide your order/invoice number, I will happily investigate this for you and then contact you accordingly. All the information you have been given by the advisors when you have spoken with them is correct, we have had some serious IT issues which means we have had to make the payments manually which has taken far longer than we would want it to. Whist I totally appreciate that none of this is the fault of yourself the customer, I do feel this explanation is deserved. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience during this time.

Gardner004's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2014

Who the payment shows from is not confusing me! I know the payment has not been paid because the account your paying into has had three payments received since May & each one has been from myself from another account. Therefore I cannot mistake the payment having been paid. Please excuse me for not believing what your customer services tell me but the evidence is on this forum amongst many others, that your IT problems have been going on for months if not years. You seem to use the same generic answer for all cash back problems. Even when you make a promise in a reply you don't seem to be able to fulfil it. My order number is 3487086 for you to look into. Thank you

“NEVER GET CASHBACK !!”

Written on: 21/07/2014

TERRIBLE SERVICE ! HORRIBLE COMPANY !! Don't use this company if you are planning to get cashbook by redemption. Affordable mobiles have acknowledged receipt of my receipts which they've received 4 months ago and still haven't paid me even though I had numerous promises. It started off well but a couple of payments I've spent more time chasing these payments than nothing. It takes 20~30 minutes to get through to the customer services and they advise they have an system error… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

I do understand your totally frustration with the delays you are experiencing with receiving your cashback payment and I would firstly like to reassure you that every claim that is verified will be paid. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you and advise that we have experienced high levels of calls and whilst we are dealing with them as quickly and efficiently as possible, there is still a wait on the line for the next available advisor. We have also had some serious IT issues which has meant that we have had to manually enter a vast amount of payments, which has taken longer than we would have liked, and has obviously caused delays that we are now working hard to try and get up to date. I will gladly chase your payment and ensure you receive it as a matter of urgency, if you can please provide your order number. I would like to also thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Toripaw's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

It's always replaied same as that you have still the IT issues and asked the order number.
How could you run on the work with the system error for so long ?
I have sent the Order Number: 3364183 dozens of times but nothing happened.

“Rubbish at answering phone or responding to emails”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by Stephanyf287 (1 review written)

Been all right for first 12 months but now won't pay my cash back. Tried to ring put my contract number in and DoB get message unable to deal with you at this time. Emailed them but again no reply. I think they just delete the emails. Do not touch this company with a barge pole. … Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Thank you for your review, and please accept my apologies that you have not received your outstanding payment, when you have kindly stated that the first year of your contract with ourselves was alright. We have recently experienced some serious IT issues and this has meant that we were unable to access our emails or the payment system, which caused major delays as we had to work the payments manually. I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that you will receive your payments, and if you can please provide your order number/invoice number, I will gladly look into this for you and resolve to a satisfactory conclusion.

“Horrible company”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by Blissclothes (1 review written)

Did my disabled son out of his cash back and the insurance company they are linked with failed to respond to his broken phone claim. I sent 20 plus emails not one response but they did keep bombarding his email with new phone offers. We have the email promising the cash back but two months on not a sign. Have to say one of the most dishonourable companies I have ever dealt with. If they can Rip off a disabled person no morals. I have been told I can sue but rather just tell as many people… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to Blissclothes's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I do understand your frustration that your son has not yet received his cashback, and I would like to apologise for the delays, but please be assured that he will receive it. We have had some IT issues and this has rendered some of our systems inaccessible, including the emails and the payment system, which meant that we have had to start entering all the payments manually which has taken far longer than we would want. We are now working through the backlog of emails and trying to get up to date on the payments. With regards the insurance company not responding to the emails, it may be worth giving them a call and asking to speak with someone regarding the handset. If you can please provide the order number, I will happily look into the issue with the cashback, and contact your son accordingly.

“avoid ”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by fran4you (1 review written)

Never answer phone to deal with issues Do not reply to emails Charged for 3 accounts, only took one out, 3 months later still being billed x3… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to fran4you's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi, I am sorry to read your review and also very concerned that you state you are being charged for more accounts than you have. We are unable to set accounts up in customers name without them requesting it, and so I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide your order numbers for the 3 accounts, so I can investigate and then contact you accordingly.

“Won't pay cashback”

Written on: 29/06/2014

Affordable mobiles have acknowledged receipt of my receipts which they've had for 7 weeks at least and still haven't paid me even tho I had numerous promises. My wife and I both submitted our paperwork at the same time both had the same issue.... Pathetic. I looking to raise a small claims case against them and will be terminating my contract which they have now breached. Read any reviews about this company and they all say the same. Time to send an email to watchdog! How are these… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

I'm sorry for the delay with your cashback, we have been experiencing delays as the system had been down for some time. We had to create a new system in order to process cash back from older orders.

If you would like me to look into this further for you please provide your invoice number or order number and I can advise further.

“cannot access sytems for 2 months”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by rich1986 (1 review written)

been trying to get a proof of purchase receipt from them for the last 2 months, so that I can get a replacement phone from my insurer I have phoned them many times and sent emails, the only response I get is they cannot access the system, two months to get the systems back online, that's just ridiculous, you technicians need replacing asap as they are evidently useless. I will be contacting citizens advice in the next day or so. order number:1740422… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to rich1986's Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi,
I'm sorry for the delay in getting this to you, I have sent you an email including your invoice for you to make your claim.

“DON'T EVER USE AFFORDABLE MOBILES”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by a_faulkner (1 review written)

I got a phone for my daughter from Affordable Mobiles in November 2013 on an O2 contract. The first problem was when we received the phone it was not networked to O2. I phoned Affordable Mobiles who would not exchange the phone but offered to pay to have it unlocked which I duly did and got the money back. Since then, however, the phone has stopped working 5 times and I have had to get it repaired by Samsung. I have had to have it unlocked at a cost of £15 every time it's been sent away to… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to a_faulkner's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

Hi, I have read your review and am concerned to learn that you have had quite a few issues with the handset, and also that you have to pay to have it unlocked each time. I would like to be able to look into this issue for you, and in order to do this, I would require you to provide your order number. If you could please respond to this review with that information and then allow me time to check it out and I will contact you accordingly once this is done.

“Poor Service, Poor Excuses!”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by BPaton (1 review written)

I ordered two phones for my wife and I, at first everything went well fast delivery etc. However for close to a year now we have been chasing the 'CASHBACK' offer that was taken with the phones, with the reason for the delay being 'don't have access to the system'. After spending many hours on hold and issuing many emails which have been ignored or received only a short vague response which doesn't even address the issues we are beyond annoyed at poor service we have received. I would recommend… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to BPaton's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Hi, I am sorry to read your review stating that you are still awaiting payment of the cashback for both contracts, and I am aware that you have been communicating on Social Media regarding these payments. I can confirm that we have now put a structure in place which enables us to start working through the backlog of claims, with regards verifying them, and we are hoping that the backlog should be cleared within a maximum of 3 weeks. Once this is done, we can then start putting the payments in place and contacting customers accordingly to advise of when their individual payments will be made. In order for me to check yours for you, could you please provide your order number or postcode. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the frustration this has caused you and also to thank you for your patience at this difficult time.

Beerbobby1981's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2014

Please tell me, would you have a lot of 'patience' if your customers did not pay their monthly bills? Giving you the excuse that we are very busy and because We've got a rubbish I.t system didn't pay you? No, you wouldn't would you?? So why do you expect your customers to be patient? Read any any reviews and you have been pulling off this for years!! Why do you keep signing up new customers and taking their money when you are unable to meet your contractual obligations and pay your customers!! I am writing a email to watch dog and I hope everyone else joins me in doing so.

“Excuses excuses excuses”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by andrew.marsh.562 (1 review written)

Don't use this company if you are planning to get cashbook by redemption. It started off well but afew a couple of payments I've spent more time chasing these payments than anything. It takes 20 minutes to get through to the customer services and they advise they can't assist because 'their systems are down' and advise to email. Guess what they don't acknowledge emails. Save yourself the frustration and just go direct to the Network and negotiate a good deal or price match. People like this… Read Full Review

Buymobilephones.net's Response to andrew.marsh.562's Review

Written on: 04/06/2014

I would like to firstly offer my apologies for the delay you have been subject to regarding receiving your cashback payment, and I would also like to take this opportunity to explain the problems we are currently experiencing. There have been some serious IT issues which have caused us severe problems in accessing the system. This means that we are unable to access the emails to read and reply to them, and also the cashback payments due. We are working hard to resolve these problems, and also to put stronger structures in place to ensure it doesn't reoccur on future claims for customers. I would like to reassure you that you will receive your payment, and if you could please provide your order number, I can check your account to see if I can find any further information out regarding your payment.

“AVOID!!! AVOID!!! AVOID!!!”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by lindsey.dodd (1 review written)

I checked reviews of this website prior to purchasing my phone contract in Sept 2013. Clearly this is a recent decline (2014) in systems and customer service. I sent my first redemption claim in Feb 2014, I was told the money would be in my account mid April 2014. This did not happen, positively they responded to my email regarding this and told me the money would be in my account mid May 2014. Needless to say the date came and went and now they can't even be bothered to respond to my emails… Read Full Review

Buymobilephones.net's Response to lindsey.dodd's Review

Written on: 04/06/2014

I do understand your concern at not having yet received your cashback, however, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that you will receive the payment owed. We are experiencing some serious IT issues which have meant that we are unable to access the systems at present, and this is what we are working tirelessly to resolve as a matter of urgency. Once these problems have been rectified we will then work through the backlog of payments as a priority. If you can please provide your order number, I will happily look into your individual order to see if I can gain any further information. I would also like to apologise for the delays you are encountering and to thank you for your patience in this matter.

Christe21's reply to Buymobilephones.net's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2014

i like lots of other affordable mobile customers post code l35 5er
have been chasing cash back payments since march. i have been given 2 dates for the cash back to be in my account both have passed.

as a manager using bacs payments regular, there is no accuse for the excesive delay you could easly do a bacs payment for each client who rings you and transfer the money to be in there account at the latest 3 working days.

i am sure if the delay was you recieving the direct debits for payments it would be sorted in hurs not weeks and months.

this is no way to run a company, reputation is everything,

“DO NOT BUY FROM THESE”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by Thomas57 (1 review written)

Having bought a mobile phone which later developed a fault, I have contacted them by phone and e-mail several times. They promise to call back but do not. They do not respond to e-mails either. I have consequently sent several e-mails stating I have no option but to take a civil action against them since they refuse to respond and to advise me who they would like me to send correspondence to - no response. I now have a claim lodged against them for £285.00 which I will no doubt win as they… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2014

Thank you for leaving your review, and firstly please accept my apologies that you have not received any response to your emails. In order to rectify this situation, could you please provide your order number, so I can investigate this for you.,

“No Cashback ”

Written on: 21/05/2014 by Rona1974 (1 review written)

I ordered a phone and it was received really quickly so I was initially pleased with the service. The problems started when I tried to claim my cashback. First they said they hadn't received the claim,then when I sent the proof of recorded delivery they miraculously found the documentation and I received an e-mail saying the payment would be made. It wasn't, I emailed back and was told it was technical difficulties. I emailed back again to ask what technical difficulties could possibly take… Read Full Review

Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Response to Rona1974's Review

Written on: 26/05/2014

I am aware that we have had some serious technical problems which resulted in us being unable to process the payments, however, we have been working tirelessly to get these rectified. I would like to apologise for the frustration this has caused you, and assure you that we would envisage all future claims going through smoothly and quickly. If you are still awaiting your payment, please do provide your order number, and I will gladly look into this for you and get it sorted as a matter of urgency.

Rona1974's reply to Affordablemobiles.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2014

Hi, The order number is 3437314.

Mobileshop.com's reply to Rona1974's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2014

Hi, thank you for providing your order number, and I have asked for this payment to be processed as a matter of urgency. It should show as cleared funds in your account within the next 3-5 working days. Please accept my apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Rona1974's reply to Mobileshop.com's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2014

Unless I'm mistaken that's been more than 5 working days and still I have no cash back. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and waited but have been let down again. Disgraceful service.

affordablemobiles.co.uk