Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL - Ask a question now

“I have the 2.0 petrol 16v EL version with all the...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

I have the 2.0 petrol 16v EL version with all the bells and whistles.
The car originally cost £20,500 when new. I bought mine for £2,500 3 years ago
with only 47k on the clock.
The 2 litre twin cam, 16 valve engine has 134 bhp which makes it positively nippy for a seven seater and can still put a lot of 'modern' people carriers to shame in a traffic light drag race.
A great second hand buy, but can be a little heavy on fuel and front tyres if driven with the 'Lead boots' on… Read Full Review

“I have a Fiat Ulysse 2.0. JTD. Eleganza 03 plate,...”

Written on: 26/11/2010

I have a Fiat Ulysse 2.0. JTD. Eleganza 03 plate, 82,000 miles
Lovely, practical MPV.
The only major faults that I have with the vehicle and still have is, that the centre screen has gone down and a price from Fiat £526, not sure if that is with fitting or just screen price, also, this is my second winter with this vehicle and first thing on a cold morning, it just will not start.
However when it does decide to start it is brilliant all day, until the next cold morning, then we start all over… Read Full Review

“I have had 3 Fiat Ulysse's now and the last one - a...”

Written on: 05/06/2009 by nospod99 (2 reviews written)

I have had 3 Fiat Ulysse's now and the last one - a 2.0 auto eleganza was fantastic to drive but the auto gear box was rubbish!

I was advised by the garage that the Ulysse was a joint venture with Peugeot and Fiat and they use the same gear box (Ulysse & 807), they no longer make the Ulysse due to the high maintenance. The car suddenly jolted and stuck in 3rd gear with an error message on the screen 'Fault with Gearbox', you then have to stop and start the car to reset.

This may have been… Read Full Review

Unclejoe9589's Response to nospod99's Review

Written on: 19/10/2012

My car has similar problem...how do I resolve it.

Thanks

“I have found the Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL to be ideal for...”

Written on: 31/05/2009

I have found the Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL to be ideal for both work and pleasure. If you have a large family or 5 grandchildren no problem. Or you need to collect bulky stock for your business no problem… Read Full Review

“I have had my Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL since 2003 and taken...”

Written on: 29/04/2009 by johnyrainbow (1 review written)

I have had my Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL since 2003 and taken it from 60k to 160k with
few problems.
I have replaced:
Front lower arms (ball joints)
Front Discs
Pads x 2 & Rear shoes
3 sets heater plugs
I have serviced it used pattern and done replacements myself and to keep costs down.
less than 1000 including tyres… Read Full Review

“I am now on my third Fiat Ulysse and just love them. I...”

Written on: 26/07/2008 by robang (1 review written)

I am now on my third Fiat Ulysse and just love them. I have converted all of them to LPG and the running cost has been superb. I get small car mileage and big car comfort at a price I can live with. As the car is in most respects Peugeot 806 reliability comes high on the list but at a lower cost. How good is that. For my money the best cars I have ever owned… Read Full Review

“We bought our '05 Fiat Ulysse in 2006. It has been a...”

Written on: 14/06/2008

We bought our '05 Fiat Ulysse in 2006. It has been a nice car but is getting very expensive to maintain, once it was about 2 1/2 years old it began suffering all manner of electrical faults and has become generally unreliable.
It is not helped by the fact that there are so few trained mechanics to work on these vehicles.
In the end, build quality has let it down along with poor service and support from the manafacturer's… Read Full Review

“I purchased the car in July '05 and I have been very...”

Written on: 28/12/2007 by down10m (1 review written)

I purchased the car in July '05 and I have been very pleased with its reliability, comfort and flexibility of the seating. Service costs are a bit steep but researched this before buying, so was not a surprise. I would happily buy another - if they still made them!. A great car for families… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL is ok when working. The 2nd...”

Written on: 25/08/2006 by cathy dash (1 review written)

My Fiat Ulysse 2.00 EL is ok when working. The 2nd gear box failed in 2 years, the circuit board corroded, seat fell to pieces, and the turbo needed replacing after 1 year. The list is endless! Do not buy one… Read Full Review

“I have had a Fiat Ulysse 1.9 TD S since Dec 96 and it...”

Written on: 30/01/2006 by walker5888 (1 review written)

I have had a Fiat Ulysse 1.9 TD S since Dec 96 and it has been fantastic. No problems what so ever. Always serviced on time and now covered over 126k. Would recommend 100%… Read Full Review

“I bought a second hand Fiat Ulysse TD EL in May 2002...”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by etagliani (1 review written)

I bought a second hand Fiat Ulysse TD EL in May 2002 for less than £9,000 with 45K miles, it now has 68K miles. It has so many standard features inclueding Air Con. and Double S/R. I have had no problems apart from the normal oil service every 6K miles and I have just replaced the timing belt together with the water pump and tensionersdone by a Fiat mechanic friend of mine all for
£ 280. The service usually cost me about £100 all in. You have to try and find a Fiat firendly mechanic in order… Read Full Review

“I have just bought a 2nd hand Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD EL...”

Written on: 29/03/2005 by nospod99 (2 reviews written)

I have just bought a 2nd hand Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD EL People Carrier and find the car easy to handle and drive, except for the seats and pedals. Lack of adjustment and pedals slightly over to the right make me sit at an angle on long distances. Have yet to experience high service costs or poor dealer service - but will let you know… Read Full Review

Witteklip's Response to nospod99's Review

Written on: 17/06/2005

I've had my fiat ulysee 2.O EL for seven years and done + 130,000 miles - The engine's great as are the gear ratios - Design-wise it is practical and functional. My car has proved reliable and travelled all over Europe - I much prefer it to the new Model I test drove recently - I'd prefer to buy a new old model than the new 'fall to bits' 'flash' plastic version. The test model had bits missing and a door that would not open - The Fiat dealer recommended a Toyota instead! (The company apparently has a Toyota dealership as well - which might explain this unexpected advice)

Nospod99's Response to nospod99's Review

Written on: 31/03/2006

I can now report back on the Ulysse after owning one for 1 year, and sadly I have been plagued with problems. The exhaust system (manifold) starting rattling, then the Sat Nav screen went, CD player/Sat Nav main unit was faulty, the drivers front seat adjustment arm broke off completely (hardly used), and then the rear screen washer hose came loose and started squirting water inside the cabin - apparently a common fault.
<br>
<br>I am now seriously considering selling this car on, as I have another baby on the way, and I am fed up with spending my time at the showroom getting faults fixed - all under warranty I add.

“I have the Fiat Ullyse 2.00 EL model. The Ulysse is a...”

Written on: 30/10/2003 by BuckUlysse (1 review written)

I have the Fiat Ullyse 2.00 EL model. The Ulysse is a pleasure to drive. The kids can we kept apart to maintain sanity for the parents! My problem is the lack of knowledge at the dealerships, high service and parts cost. I've had my car at Fiat SA for a week now, and they still cannot tell me the cause of 2 valves blown (at only 100.000kms), and how this came about barely 1600kms from them servicing it last. They also routinely do not perform compression tests at servicing, which could have… Read Full Review

“The Fiat Ullyse 2.0l EL was my 5th MPV - on paper and...”

Written on: 07/05/2002 by John Russell. (1 review written)

The Fiat Ullyse 2.0l EL was my 5th MPV - on paper and on specification, it is the best value in the UK market, and I thought I'd had a real result in picking one up for a lot less than list price.
I had no reason to be unhappy when I started driving the car - my problems only really began when the time for service and parts came.
The heater fan went - the equivalent part for a Ford Galaxy would cost £62.00 - Fiat's price is £280.00 plus VAT
The 36,000 mile service cost me £328.00 and… Read Full Review

Markthebaggie.'s Response to John Russell.'s Review

Written on: 04/07/2003

I've had two Ulysees. The first one the base model (good car but short of features). Second one a 2.0EL. Very comfortable, good drive, given it is an MPV. Absolutely the least reliable car I have ever had, but to make matters worse, the local Fiat dealers were the least efficient garage I've ever dealt with. The end result, lost an absolute fortune on it over 15 months and am now the very proud owner of a Toyota Previa 2.0 D4D GLX - easily the bast car I've driven (including Range Rovers!) and it does not feel like it will self destruct any minute. also don't expect to lose anywhere near as much when I come to sell. Thought the satnav would be a gimmick but could not live without it now.

Twiglet's Response to John Russell.'s Review

Written on: 22/09/2003

Own a Ulysee too and yes it drives good, yes it is good for features, no I have no real problems with it but FIAT service is appaling with their dealers and several small faults are appearing that don't detract from the cars reliability itself but I know will cost approx 3 to 4 times more than on other similar cars should I choose to have repaired. If you see a cheap reliable one, buy it and enjoy. If not, look elsewhere because you can't risk too much going wrong with a full price vehicle.