ao.com Reviews

Media Gallery for ao.com

ao.com
ao.com

“Cannot fault it ”

Written on: 29/09/2016 by DonnaE01 (1 review written)

I am really impressed with the service I received when I bought my washer from AO.com. Not only was it cheaper than the normal place I shop at (Argos) but I also received my item the next day (which was a godsend as I had been without a washer for 2 weeks! And didn't fancy having to wait a further week for delivery), I was contacted by telephone within an hour of placing my order and told what to expect, I received a text message dead on 7am letting me know my delivery time slot on delivery day… Read Full Review

“First class service”

Written on: 24/09/2016

I ordered a new Sharp Microwave from ao.com, on behalf of my Mother. The whole transaction was effortless, we both received updates via email, telephone and text message until the product arrived. The crew unpacked and set in place the new appliance, accidentally taking away the turntable in the empty box. My Mother contacted ao immediately and the driver called to apologise and said he would be back later, which he duly did. Can't fault the service and would definitely use this company again… Read Full Review

“mis-sold frost free fridge freezer”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by SaffetK (2 reviews written)

I wanted to buy a NO FROST FRIDGE-FREEZER on line, looked at many sites in the end decided to go with ao appliance company.. my choice was NO-FORST fridge freezer 60/40, I filtered through my choice and end up with a number of product, I went for Beko CFP1675DX frost free fridge freezer.. frost free means you get a fan inside the fridge and completely dry no frost interior.. after viewing their video clip, reading all specs etc.. it is a fridge at the end of the day not a space craft. I got… Read Full Review

Ao.com's Response to SaffetK's Review

Written on: 17/09/2016

Hi

I'm very sorry to read of the issue you're experiencing with fridge freezer, I can appreciate how disappointing this must be.

The specification we advertise on our website is provided to us directly from the manufacturer. It is usual for some water to build up on the back wall, this will then drip down the back wall and through the drainage hole.

I would like to look into this further for you, however I've been unable to find your order with the information you've provided to us. Please reply to this review or send us an email with your order number and address so we can investigate this further.

Saffetk's reply to Ao.com's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2016

it is direct and 100% answer to my questions
1) you advertise this fridge-freezer in your web site as FROST - FREE which is wrong
2) any part of the video on your website about this product doesn't even imply that this product is a defrost fridge (or wet back wall technology)
3) it is not only back wall wet, the content of the fridge, foods, pans, cups, containers on the outside all of them covered with a layer of water
4) at times water drips when we open the door
5) I filtered the choices in your web site to get to the choices of only no-frost fridges and this fridge was one of the products in the list.
6) the freezer is no-frost but the fridge is not
simple as that, so I was misguided by your definition of the product and bought a product that I don't want

Ao.com's reply to Saffetk's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2016

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I would be more than happy to look into this further for you. In order to do this I would need to know your order details so I can locate your information and the model you've purchased.

We have a dedicated Products Specialist Team who will be able to assist you further with this.

We're here to help and want to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you

Saffetk's reply to Ao.com's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2016

I received an e-mail from your colleague from the a.o. He denies the fact that this product is sold as FROST FREE FRIDGE-FREEZER. he is defensive not to put himself in a position that he has to replace the product.
this is not called customer service... I know what I paid for and what I received... I strongly believe that I have been misled and made buy a product that I didn't want

Ao.com's reply to Saffetk's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2016

Good Evening

I'm sorry to read about your experience via email.

We're more than happy to look in to this further for you, although you will need to provide us with your order number.

Once we have this, we'll be able to look in to your concerns in more detail and see what we can do to help.

Katie - ao

“Don't assume anything when buying from AO, e.g. that...”

Written on: 01/09/2016 by BarryB2003 (2 reviews written)

Purchased a Sharp Microwave R664WM_WH for £79. Not cheap, but seemed good value at the time. Unpacked it, switched it on, then realised that although there is a light inside it, you cannot actually see inside while you are cooking. This is obviously useful so that you can check while cooking that milk isn't boiling over, etc., which is while all microwaves have a light and a door you can see through. Not worried at this stage, contacted AO who stated that as we had used it we could not return… Read Full Review

Ao.com's Response to BarryB2003's Review

Written on: 05/09/2016

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to read of the issue you've experienced with your microwave, I can understand how disappointing this must be.

Almost all microwaves have a mesh covering to the inside the door. This is a design feature that has been adopted by the manufacturer so that it can perform to specification. You can still look inside the appliance through this mesh, this can be tricky but you should still be able to see how your food etc is doing whilst in the appliance.

As the appliance has been used and isn't faulty, we would be unable to offer a full refund I'm afraid.

If you wish to return the item, we would retain 45% of the purchase price as we're unable to sell the item again. You can arrange the collection of your item by speaking to our Contact Centre.

“Fantastic customer service”

Written on: 27/08/2016 by Rovers18 (1 review written)

I placed an order for a new oven which I arranged to be delivered a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the morning of the delivery my husband was taken ill and was rushed to hospital. Amid all the confusion and upset I managed to speak to the driver who was due to deliver the oven and explained the situation and he was most helpful and said that he would sort everything out for me and let the office know etc and for me not to worry. I have now received the oven and am very pleased with my purchase… Read Full Review

“Great costumer service and after care ”

Written on: 26/08/2016 by Rice163 (1 review written)

Delivery on time and the delivery men where great. Great service , friendly and very helpful customer service team. Would use ao.com again. I would also recommend them to family and friends… Read Full Review

“Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by Tootsone (1 review written)

After comparing prices online purchased an American fridge freezer in May for delivery in July anticipating building work being finished. I needed to rearrange one two occasions at short notice, staff I spoke to were very understanding and wished me well with the,building work. I finally took delivery today (August) phone call (as requested) at 7.00 am with approx delivery time then again when 5 minutes away. I can't recommend AO.com highly enough both on price and superb customer service… Read Full Review

“Worst company ever to have dealt with”

Written on: 19/08/2016 by grManning436 (1 review written)

Ao is an absolute shambles. Irresponsible. Unorganised. Unrealistic. Had a hob installed. Installation was done very badly - glue from previous hob not removed and new hob installed so that I can get fingers underneath it and lift it up. What if liquids and water get in there? The counter was also wrecked at the same time. Getting AO to come and remedy the bad installation and counter = impossible. Have had numerous calls and emails and still they have not managed to get an engineer… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2016

Hi

I'm extremely sorry to read of the experience you've had with us. This isn't how things normally go I assure you.

We want our customers to have the best experience they possibly can and to hear we've fell short of that is really disappointing.

I've tried to find your order with the information you've provided but nothing is showing up on our system. If you could reply to this review with your order number, I would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

My apologies again for the journey you've had with us so far.

“Very dissapointing service”

Written on: 18/08/2016 by mhButcher360 (1 review written)

I tried to buy a fridge and a washing machine from them, unfortunately I could not. I've paid money the money went from my bank to their account and due to their "internal security policy" they've cancelled my order. When I asked them why on the phone I was told they can't say why ? not sure what's the problem since they collected the money from me in first place. I was told that after 5 days they will make a refund, sent them an email no response, when calling support line they say they can't… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2016

Hey

I'm sorry to read of the experience you've had with this, I can appreciate how disappointing this must have been.

All orders placed via our website are subject to internal security checks. Should your order fail these checks, would notify you as soon as possible to make you aware of the situation. Unfortunately we're unable to advise you of the exact reasons as to why your order was cancelled.

These checks are in place to protect both the customer and the company when making a purchase.

Should an order be cancelled, a full refund will be issued back to your account within 3-5 working days. If you're still waiting to receive these funds, it may be worth contacting your bank directly to discuss this further with them.

If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to give our Contact Centre a call and they'll be able to discuss this further with you.

“can't fault ”

Written on: 07/08/2016 by Foxpt1 (1 review written)

Our delivery men were the best… Read Full Review

“Very dissatisfied customer”

Written on: 04/08/2016

Customer service over the phone was ok. The operator seemed nice enough although I had to call back as he put the order through wrong. It was resolved fairly quickly so all ok. Delivery date came and when driver turned up he refused to take my washing machine up the stairs to my flat because he said he hadn't been informed of any stairs to the property. I did actually inform the operator when I booked that there are stairs to the property and he said that was fine. The driver had another guy… Read Full Review

Good Afternoon

I'm very sorry to read of the experience you had with the delivery of your appliance, I can appreciate how disappointing this must have been. This isn't how things normally go I assure you.

When placing an order, you'll be asked a serious of questions regarding the access to your property. This is so we can pass this information on to our Logistics Team to ensure your delivery does as smoothly as possible. I'm sorry if these questions were not asked or added to your order.

Our Driver Teams will always assess the route of your delivery to ensure the appliance can be delivered without causing damage to your property, the appliance or themselves. If you could reply to this review with you order number, I'll ensure your comments regarding the experience you've had and the attitude of the Driver Team are passed on to our Logistics Team for them to investigate further.

My apologies again for any upset and inconvenienced caused.

“No after sales service”

Written on: 29/07/2016 by dscoll (2 reviews written)

I bought the freezer in Dec 2013. It stopped working in June 2016. I contacted AOL but they refused to help. All they could offer was to charge me an extra £150 to insure the freezer for 1 year, then they would come out and attempt to fix it. If they couldn't fix it however they would not swap it for a new one. So i would be paying £150 insurance on a £250 item , with no guarentee of it being fixed. I should have gone to John Lewis as I normally do and will be doing in the future… Read Full Review

Ao.com's Response to dscoll's Review

Written on: 30/07/2016

Hi

I'm sorry to read that your freezer has suffered a fault and I can understand your disappointment.

Before an appliance is placed on the market, it undergoes vigorous testing, as do the component parts. However, no manufacturer can guarantee how long an appliance will last before a failure occurs. Therefore, the manufacturer supplies a guarantee period for parts and labour in which repairs and parts are covered. After the expiry of the guarantee period, normal service charges apply and an independent engineer would need to be organised to repair the machine and the cost covered by the consumer.

If a customer advises us that their appliance has suffered a fault, we can then offer them our Repair and Protect Cover plan.

If you could provide me with your order number, I'd be happy to investigate this matter further.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact us on our website, via email or by calling us. Our phone lines are open seven days a week, from 8am until 10pm.

Michael - Customer Advisor

Written on: 01/08/2016

I mentioned your "Repair and protect plan" in my original post, did you actually read it? The price I was quoted for this plan was a ridiculous £150 for 1 year.

When I spend £250 on a freezer I expect it to last more than 2 years and if it doesn't I expect the supplier to fix it, regardless of how long the manufactures guarantee is. You have a responsibility to your customers you should not just pass that responsibility on to the manufacturer and wash your hands of the matter.

My order number was AOL9750560.

Written on: 02/08/2016

Hi

I'm really sorry for any misunderstanding. The Repair & Protect plan is offered because it works on a no fix no fee basis. If the engineer can't fix the appliance he can still provide you with a report, which is required to make a claim against the retailer if it's confirmed that the goods were faulty when they were sold.

I do appreciate your disappointment with the situation though, and I can see that my colleague offered to help with a contribution to either the plan, or an independent engineer. I’m really sorry if anything came across in the wrong way and I can assure you, we’re always happy to help.

If you'd like any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Written on: 04/08/2016

The repair and Protect plan costs £150 so it's not "no fix no fee",it's a £150 fee. If the engineer can't fix it I don't want the hassle of proving that the goods were supplied faulty and making a claim against the supplier. I didn't buy from the supplier, I bought from you. I want YOU to sort it all out. You say you are happy to help but all you actually do is tell me what to do, you don't do anything.

Written on: 10/08/2016

Hi

I really am sorry for any misunderstanding here.

The Repair & Protect plan is no fix no fee, as you get fully refunded if the engineer can't fix the appliance.

You'd never need to make a claim against the supplier, but you can make a claim against your retailer with an engineer's report. As the appliance is out of warranty, normal service charges apply which is why the plan was offered to you.

I appreciate that you feel this is extra hassle but because of the length of time you have owned the appliance, the burden of proof does lie with you.

I'd love to help you resolve this, so please contact us via the website.

Written on: 12/08/2016

Ok, I misunderstood, so if it doesn't get fixed then it costs me nothing, but that doesn't really help me because I still have a broken freezer. If it does get fixed it costs me £150, even if that fix takes 10 minutes. My point , which you're failing to get , is that a freezer should last more than 2 years, if it doesn't you (the seller) should fix or replace it for FREE, regardless of the manufactures guarantee, it's called customer service.

Written on: 17/08/2016

Hi

I appreciate what you’re saying but if it doesn’t get fixed under the Repair & Protect plan, you will still have the report that is required confirming fault. We can then take it from there depending on the outcome.

I'd advise that you call our Product Specialist Team to discuss the options again. We are happy to help you get this sorted, although we need to know what the fault is before we can offer a resolution.

If the engineer confirms the appliance has suffered from an inherent fault then we can of course cover the cost of the repair.

Katie - Customer Advisor

“Beware the FREE RETURNS policy!”

Written on: 27/07/2016

Please beware the FREE RETURNS policy! If you have tried something and are not 100% satisfied, the website say that you can return for free in BOLD headlines. What it hides in the terms and conditions is the fact that once an item has been plugged in, you will LOSE 45% of the purchase price. How else would you know if you are 100% happy? Much better to go to Argos who have a proper 30 day satisfaction guarantee. … Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2016

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry to read that you're unhappy with your purchase, I can understand how disappointing this must be.

We offer full details of our returns policy on our website prior to you making a purchase.

We're happy for you to unpack the item and inspect it properly. However, if you've used or installed it, we will only make a partial refund to cover the loss in value of the product should you wish to return it after it has been used.

I'll ensure your comments regarding your experience are passed on to our Quality Team as awe're always looking to improve the service we offer.

“Beware dodgy upselling”

Written on: 27/07/2016 by Kaylees205 (1 review written)

So I ordered a washer-drier online from AO.com today. Half an hour later I was phoned by a friendly-sounding man from customer services, supposedly to confirm delivery details. He then launched into a lengthy spiel about how if a fault develops with the washer-drier they will send someone out to repair it, or even replace it with a new one, and isn't that just fantastic. Two-thirds of the way through he slipped in that this amazing service costs just £5.99 per month (or whatever it was), and… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2016

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I really hope you're pleased with your new washer dryer! I'm sure it's being put to good use already :)

I'm sorry to read that you're unhappy with the call you received regarding the Protection Plan that we offer. This isn't the impression we want our customers to be left with at all. The Plan offers additional peace of mind when buying an appliance and protects you for more than a standard manufacturer warranty. We understand that the Plan isn't for everyone and the decision to take it up is completely optional.

Unfortunately I've been unable to find your order with the details you've provided in your review. Please reply with your order number so I can assist you further. I'll ensure your comments regarding the Plan and the manner in which it came across are passed on to our Quality Team as we're always looking to improve the service we offer.

I hope this experience won't hinder your decision to choose us again.

Bjf68's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2016

Hi

Please change the script you use when selling aftercare by phone - I doubt your current one is even legal.

My order number is AOL7476283.

Written on: 02/08/2016

Hi

Thanks for sending your order number.

We have very strict compliance guidelines in place specifically to protect our customers from any wrongdoing or potential for miss-selling. As such we insist that all of our agents adhere to very strong codes of conduct when selling the Protection Plan. This has been sent over to our Compliance Team and dealt with internally. I'm just really sorry for the disappointment caused by this part of your experience.

If there's anything else you need, just get back in touch with us.

Katie - ao

“Efficient first rate service”

Written on: 23/07/2016 by koCantuItalian489 (1 review written)

Very impressed with this company ordered a cooker. Delivery drivers in constant contact throughout morning to let me know when they would arrive. Fitting was professional. Company also texted and phoned the day before delivery to make sure everything was ready. Would definately use again… Read Full Review

“Satisfactory Quality”

Written on: 20/07/2016 by RalphMaurer120 (1 review written)

The selling point for this company is their delivery convenience. What you need to be aware of though is if something goes wrong, is it reasonable to expect a washing machine to only last 12 months, apparently so according to AO, and the quote I received from one of their customer relations staff was so predictable, "things don't last as long as they used to do" They requested I got an engineers report, which I did that identified a common fault, they then stated they contacted BEKO and… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2016

Hi

I'm very sorry to read of the issue you're experiencing with your washing machine, I can appreciate how disappointing this must be.

I've tried to find your order with the information you've provided but I've been unable to locate anything. If you could reply to this review or drop us an email with your order details, I would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

We take feedback like this very seriously and I want to help in providing you with a satisfactory resolution.

Thanks

Rob - ao

“Great Service! Good Product! Fast Delivery! ”

Written on: 08/07/2016 by paulj1234 (0 reviews written)

We ordered a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer RS7567BHCSP online on Monday evening after we read the reviews which were mostly positive and we also liked the price, it was slightly discounted so we liked the price even more and because we purchased a washing machine through AO, we were sent a £50 voucher to use on a future product, so this made the price even better! Our fridge had arrived by midday on Wednesday, so we were very happy! the fridge itself was up and running within 30… Read Full Review

Ao.com's Response to paulj1234's Review

Written on: 12/07/2016

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us!

I'm glad that you're happy with the service we offer, we do aim to please :)

I really hope you're pleased with your new fridge freezer, I'm sure it looks fantastic in your kitchen.

We would love to know how we could make your experience even better for next time though! Just reply to this review or drop us a quick email with any suggestions you may have.

We hope to see you again sometime!

“First class service”

Written on: 28/06/2016 by 347Schaefer (1 review written)

Bought sharp R959 microwave great price and service to match, will definitely use again… Read Full Review

“Wanted you to know how pleased we were with the crew.”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by hyHastings360 (1 review written)

We were very impressed with the drivers we thought we might have a problem with installation when they first arrived but they dealt with it speedily. We are very satisfied with both the machine and the installation. This is the second item we have bought from AO and both times we have been impressed with their efficiency… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2016

Hi hyHastings360

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

It sounds like the Driver Team have done a fantastic job! If you could reply to this review with your order number, I'll make sure they get a well-deserved pat on the back :)

We would also love to hear how we could make your experience a 5 star one! Just reply with any ideas or suggestions you may have.

“Not great!”

Written on: 14/06/2016 by Jodaw84 (2 reviews written)

LEC fridge freezer is OK, quite cheaply built and and a bit flimsy, we found it difficult to level up, the capacity is pretty good though! Disappointed with AO though, delivered by 2 miserable delivery guys who spoke to each other in their language in front of me, fridge freezer was dirty on arrival even though it was in a box and had lots of shallow dents on one side. We were only offered a small amount as compensation as we had turned the fridge freezer on; we were having our old fridge… Read Full Review

Ao.com's Response to Jodaw84's Review

Written on: 16/06/2016

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I'm sorry to read that you're unhappy with the item you purchased and the delivery service you experienced. This isn't the impression we want our customers to be left with at all. I'll ensure your feedback is supplied to our Logistics Team regarding the manner in which your delivery was carried. We really value your comments as it helps us to improve the journey we offer to our customers.

I'm really sorry that your appliance arrived in less than perfect condition, I can understand how disappointing this must have been. As the appliance had been installed, my colleague offered a goodwill gesture to accept the appliance in the condition it arrived in. I would be more than happy to look into this further for you though. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find your order with the information you've provided. Please send an email to our Customer Service Team with your order number and any images you've taken of the appliance so that I can assess this further for you.