Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Reviews

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia

“Nice large family car but costly to run.”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by Luke28tv (0 reviews written)

I have owned a 2005 Mondeo hatchback for around 3 and a half years now. During that time it has had 4 tyres, new brake pads and disks, anti roll bar links and 3 suspension springs (although 2 of them was my fault for overloading the car during a house move). I average around 11,000 miles a year covering mostly country roads and many motorway journeys. It feels powerful while going up steep country roads and cruses on the motorway with ease. Its a very reliable car. I wouldn't hesitate to take… Read Full Review

“Ford Fuckup”

Written on: 16/11/2012

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the waste of sperm that sold me this car. You got your money a legged it, while laughing at me getting in the offside rear door. The car is absolutely horrific. The brakes are either made of cheese or the brake pedal is not connected to the brakes. I have caused over 40 collisions in this car. At least it is powerful otherwise I would be paying a lot for other people's bodywork! The suspension is stiffer than jimmy saville at a scout convention and it… Read Full Review

“very practical car, very spatious, great value for...”

Written on: 26/08/2010

very practical car, very spatious, great value for money, but in my opinion it has poor reliability, it's not easy to fix(the engine space is like in a space shuttle-if you drop a pin, it would stuck somewhere. But it has my recommendations!… Read Full Review

“I got my 97 Mondeo 2.0 Ghia after the gearbox went on...”

Written on: 09/10/2008 by DaveCatherall (1 review written)

I got my 97 Mondeo 2.0 Ghia after the gearbox went on my vectra 1.8ls and i'm quite dissapointed. I've had it for about 3 months now and all I seem to be doing is filling up all the time. I've had it in the garage a few times fixing the exhuast, changing the oil filter and replacing the oil. I think i've just about had enough of it and i'm really to sell it on and get another Vectra. Mondeos use way to much fuel for my liking… Read Full Review

“I decided that my first car should be reliable, cheap...”

Written on: 13/03/2008 by rudeboymick (16 reviews written)

I decided that my first car should be reliable, cheap to fix, cheap to buy and fast. After looking at a number of cars (Astras, Alpha 156s, Vectras etc) I decided that I couldn't possibly get a car that satisfied all 4 of my criteria. Then I started looking at Mondeo s. Mondeo's are regarded as boring by some, indeed by myself before I bought one, but having driven one for over a thousand miles I have reformed my opinions. My car is a 1997 R reg 2.0 litre model in GhiaX trim. That means that I… Read Full Review

“I bought this Ford Mondeo 2.0i 16v Ghia auto two...”

Written on: 22/02/2008

I bought this Ford Mondeo 2.0i 16v Ghia auto two months (1'500 miles ago) after reading some used car reviews, so it's still early days. So far I'm pretty impressed, although I did trade-up from a Seat Cordoba so we're not talking about premium cars here!
All in all, having driven plenty of hire cars, this car does everything you'd want for a family without any unnecessary bells and whistles. If you're not a brand person and are happy to buy on spec and performance I'd put this up against a 5… Read Full Review

Rudeboymick's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2008

Theres something wrong if you're only getting 32mpg on a careful motorway run. My 2 litre gets about 38 on A roads, 45 on a careful motorway run and I even managed 50 once on a 40 mile motorway trip.

“Bought this Ford Mondeo new when left a company and...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by stevebar (2 reviews written)

Bought this Ford Mondeo new when left a company and had to give back the Beamer. That was a nice car (3 series) but SOOOO small inside!! I'd previously had a Cavalier and when I'd taken the family on holiday it swallowed all the luggage. When I got the Beamer it could only take half the gear and cabin small too, all this in a car with same overall dimensions. That's what you pay for a straight engine and the rear wheel drive that BMW push so hard.
Anyway, I needed a car with more room and did… Read Full Review

“Bought this 'Y' reg Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia with a...”

Written on: 11/05/2005 by pnn633 (1 review written)

Bought this 'Y' reg Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia with a relatively high mileage (45,000). Group 11 insurance. Cruises effortlessly. Automatic aircon/heating. Auto-dimming rear mirror!… Read Full Review

Stevebar's Response to pnn633's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Mine is same age and model. Now done 53,000 miles with no real trouble. Mechanically utterly reliable. Good car, does what I need it to do.

“My Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia family car is an estate with a...”

Written on: 03/10/2004 by water (1 review written)

My Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia family car is an estate with a full rs body kit and it only has a 2.0 front wheel drive engine but is faster than my old 206 gti and my brothers 2.0 vectra. The car has had its troubles with 2 new back boxes since I have owned it and a new alternator. This is a great practical car which on a run will do 35mpg+… Read Full Review

Stevebar's Response to 172709_water's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Agree with comment about A/C. I've had no problems with stuff like wishbones, how do you drive the car?

“For people who are less worried about the 'kudos' of...”

Written on: 11/09/2004 by ThmpPa (1 review written)

For people who are less worried about the 'kudos' of driving a high end marque, the Ford Mondeo 2.0 16v Ghia X will provide a bargain in terms of motoring comfort. Equipped with such things as electric adjusting drivers seat, footwell lights, heated front windscreen, air conditioning and four speed electronic automatic transmission the Ghia X provides most things that the motorist could want on a car. I myself, have the auto transmission model and find it to be extremely driveable in city… Read Full Review

Stevebar's Response to ThmpPa's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Have to agree, but who, if wanting to look cool, would buy a Mondeo? If you have enough self confidence not to be in the least bothered by what the "cool dudes" think get the Mondeo, it does everything you need it to do. Anyway, most of the coolios can't afford a decent car.

“The Ford Mondeo mk2 estate is a nice car, the 2 litre...”

Written on: 21/10/2002 by callum. (1 review written)

The Ford Mondeo mk2 estate is a nice car, the 2 litre ghia is one of the best, the 2.5 v6 ghia X is quick with everything from leather seats to cruise. The ghia

i give this car 10/10 because it's big, fast and handles great with a.s.m., t.c.s, l.s.d… Read Full Review

“Fast, reliable and very comfortable to drive - i am...”

Written on: 01/09/2002 by mike. (1 review written)

Fast, reliable and very comfortable to drive - i am happy with mine… Read Full Review

Stevebar's Response to 35756_mike.'s Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

I'd agree with all your comments, just that it takes a lot for me to award 10 for anything. That means you can't get any better. (This one goes to 11). :-)

“I bought a R reg Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia several years...”

Written on: 03/05/2002 by mark. (1 review written)

I bought a R reg Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia several years ago because its Euro NCAP safety rating then was a high 3 making it one of the best cars at that time. Since then, not only has the competition improved, but the introduction of a new NCAP test as part of the safety rating caused Mondeos of this age to be downgraded to less than 3. In the new pole test, the car is slid sideways into a static pole at low speeds (eg 15mph). This may intrude into the vehicle causing serious injury to the… Read Full Review

52298_Mr Norman Smith.'s Response to 22255_mark.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

Yes - safety is very important .....and any family person should be double aware that this issue is as important as whether the engine is running, or the electrics work right. I am right in assuming you sold your Mondeo for a solidly built Russian State of the art Lada Riva. This did in 1992, beat every other car in safety tests by over 1 point!!! And it does of course, come in a variety of colours.

Stevebar's Response to 22255_mark.'s Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

You give it 8 or 9 out of 10 in each category but an overall score of 4. Not logical Captain.

152665_Kanlayanee's Response to 22255_mark.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

New user,
<br>I'm thinking of buying a Mondeo 2.0, 4 years old, 30000 miles from a friend. Can anyone help me?, my main concern is about petrol.
<br>Does the Ford mondeo 2.0 drink a petrol or not????
<br>(my car is a vauxhall 1.8)
<br>Star

Fiberspong's Response to 22255_mark.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2004

What a load of twoddle!
<br>
<br>I`ve had two of these cars and love to drive them rally style all the time with no problems.

Jock100.'s Response to 22255_mark.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2002

I cannot understand the reviewers reasoning on this. He gives an average of 87.5% for the 4 qualifying parts of the review, but 40% overall ??