O2 broadband Reviews - www.o2.co.uk

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Summary

At Review Centre you can compare O2 Broadband reviews with reviews of many more broadband suppliers to find which are recommended to use or avoid.

Have you used this broadband supplier? Then please write an O2 Broadband review and help people choose the best broadband company.

O2 broadband - www.o2.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for O2 broadband - www.o2.co.uk

“Always happy to help”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by minxwilliams (1 review written)

I have been an o2 customer for over 10 years and have never had any issue with the service. On occasions when my phone has been lost or stolen, it has always been dealt with quickly and professionally… Read Full Review

“Better than my last provider”

Written on: 31/01/2014 by GemmaHarris86 (2 reviews written)

I have to say i'm quite happy with 02! My whole family uses it and I'm quite haüppy to recommend it to my friends as well!… Read Full Review

“Complete Joke ”

Written on: 31/08/2013

Rang o2 in May to cancel my O2 Broadband and phone package because Sky bought them due to bad experience with Sky service in the past to which they sent an email June " Sorry your leaving moving your broadband home phone to another company ... " . Yet now August 31 2013 they still send me an email monthly invoice for broadband home phone despite moving to another ISP in June for my phone broadband package, next invoice payment due 3 September,just so pleased that i cancelled my direct debit… Read Full Review

Stejan's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2013

Not really a review of their actual service while you used it though, is it. I imagine you were happy with their service before they sold their broadband side of the business to Sky or you wouldn't have stayed with them and you would have mentioned it in your review. Have they billed you unnecessarily? Are you out of pocket? I imagine the invoices were/are coming from Sky as ours have been since July, even though we're still contracted to o2 for now.. We haven't officially signed over to Sky yet, but the bills are still coming from them and no longer from o2.

Yes, it's unfortunate o2 no longer trade as a broadband company, but that can't be helped. I'm going to miss them myself because we've had pretty flawless service for quite a number of years while we've been with them. I'm in the middle of looking for another provider myself as don't want to go to Sky but as long as they don't try to keep charging us when we make the transition to another isp I won't care if they email us or not.

“still the best”

Written on: 30/05/2013

I recently moved house and expected it to be a right pain changing my account over. o2 handled it all for me, booked a date, sent me numerous emails to confirm and it all went through smoothly. no complaints… Read Full Review

“O2 Broadband offer excellent service”

Written on: 29/05/2013 by ken.webb (8 reviews written)

I used O2 broadband for over 2 years in an area covered by phone lines only. Their service was brilliant compared to BT Broadband who I was with previously. Somehow o2 managed to double BT speed for a lot less money. After the initial 12 month period, they wrote to me and offered the next 4 months free to stay with them!! Had a few setting up issues, but their customer service was brilliant and had it sorted in minutes. I have since moved to a cable area and of course get better speeds and a… Read Full Review

“Unreliable Bad Service”

Written on: 20/04/2013 by BernardCorkers (1 review written)

O2 broadband has been very patchie connectivity, after two months of issues that they have not been able to resolve I am going to another broadband supplier - avoid and save yourself the hastle of bad broadband and bad service… Read Full Review

“Outstanding Customer Sevice!”

Written on: 13/04/2013 by glenvee (1 review written)

I find O2 very good with fantastic Broadband Speed and it's very reliable too. I found O2 are actually faster than BT Infinity too, I know what you're going to say how can they be, well you try BT and you'll see for yourself. Also fantastic package deal, no one can actually compete with their discounts and overall good quality service! I'll never leave them that's for sure, anyone that discredits O2 Broadband has something wrong with their head or needs examining too. Keep up the good work O2… Read Full Review

“OK”

Written on: 07/04/2013

Generally broadband was fine but after two years the service got slower. I upgraded to what O2 said was technically a better package for less than i was paying. The service was unstable and i was naturally unhappy, but became even more dissatisfied when i relised they had sold their service to Sky, they knew they were going to do this and obviously were trying to get their customers to sign up for a further 12 months at lowere prices so that they could sell their business to Sky. I signed up… Read Full Review

“Worst customer service experience with no technical skills”

Written on: 04/04/2013 by Choppie99 (1 review written)

Be warned, O2 are at the bottom end of the scale when it comes to custoemr service I experiecned a broadband outage two weeks ago and reported this to O2, I explained that this was a fault at the BT Excahnge that needs to be fixed, I work in technology so was able to diagnose this, after calling daily for a week they finally logged a fault with BT (they refused to do this earlier as this is their process), BT engineer came out and confirmed that this was an Exchange fault, and booked it in for… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2013

i've no problem with o2 Broadband, some people just like to moan and moan about anything!

Written on: 13/04/2013

I find that hard to believe, O2 are good in Customer Service, I think you need to learn how to spell before being critical about companies

Choppie99's reply to Glenvee's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2013

Good to see O2 Customer service doing something - other than ignoring my request for assistance. Posting three replies at the same time under three different IDs for my review - try to be less obvious next time guys and post your replies at different times and days.

You are right of course, I am just a moaner, I should just expect the 22 days without broadband that is still not resolved to be typical of the customer service provided by O2 - if I had researched and seen all the similar responses form other peoples reviews I would have been able to manage my own expectations - just another moaning customer - I guess you guys get that a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond - time to put your headset back on and take some calls in the O2 customers service centre

Glenvee's reply to Choppie99's Comment

Written on: 15/04/2013

I don't work for O2 lol

Written on: 13/04/2013

Omg another person that likes to moan, dear me I suggest you go on J Kyle show, just shows your Mentality!.... Nothing wrong with o2 for customer service witter on to someone that cares!

“Watch out they Sulk if leaving”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by Purpleshadez (1 review written)

Granted the 18 month i was with o2 the customer service was good and Speed, reliability was better than most company's i have been with, if i ever got a single dis-collect i could call and know one of there agents would look into the matter. But once i got my MAC code so i could try another company all went to hell.. since midnight to 11am i got dis-collected 8 times, which o2 confirmed, BUT then followed but saying to me that they can only follow up on it if you have 10 Dis-collects.. in… Read Full Review

“O2 changing to Sky”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by Migage (1 review written)

Had a live webchat with O2 regarding O2's internet all moving to Sky. After reading how poor Sky appears to be from reviews here and elsewhere, I asked the O2 adviser if the move would be a complete move to Sky (and the poor service/product quality), or will there still be some of O2's service and product quality. Was told (openly which was nice) that the whole product will be taken over by Sky. I thanked the person for helping me not make a mistake to purchase the soon-to-be Sky internet… Read Full Review

Tynesider's Response to Migage's Review

Written on: 08/06/2013

O2 have been great for the past three years I have been with them. I then find out they are stabbing their customers in the back with a move to Sky, who I left to go to O2 in the first place. I had just signed a years contract and only a day or so later I was told the bad news. The problem I now have is which ISP do I go to next Jan when my contract runs out? All the big names like Sky,BT etc have very poor reviews. Shame on O2 for letting all of their loyal customers down.

Asterix100's Response to Migage's Review

Written on: 23/06/2013

If you're unhappy about joining Sky, you can cancel your contract without charge as long as you do it before you're fully moved over to sky around autumn 2013.

“Very slow broadband regularly disconnecting”

Written on: 15/03/2013

After 18 months of continual disconnection (approx once every hour) and repairing the connection to get a decent speed, I have finally decided to look elsewhere. Customer Services have been great and polite, whom I have contacted on various occasions, but long term does not solve the connection problem. This does not in any way relate to my computer as it is the service I believe according to the computer techs (had a full health check). I have broadband, landline and mobile account with 02… Read Full Review

Glenvee's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2013

The best provider is actually O2 I've been to several and O2 by far is the greatest I think you need to check properly at your computer because the speed is fantastic with O2.. If you're thinking of leaving as you said do not go with BT Infinity as their Customer Service is very poor and Broadband speed is very poor O2 is much faster plus much cheaper!

“frustrating”

Written on: 06/03/2013

I never felt so much frustrated dealing with a customer service, ever! I moved to a new flat and wanted to bring the broadband. After one month I spent so much money on calling O2 CS because they wouldn't call me back. Every time had to explain the whole story from scratch to someone who in the end wouldn't care at all. They couldn't solve a simple problem as identifying the correct line to take over (they were trying to take over my neughnour line in a 2 flat building!). In the end the only… Read Full Review

“Am cancelling ASAP!!”

Written on: 18/02/2013

I had been with O2 for my mobile for 5-6 years and had home broadband for 2 years, with no problems, that was until we moved house in December 2012. I called O2 explaining that we were going to be moving. I did say that I wasn't too happy with the £26 a month we were paying for home broadband and the home phone as we barely use either so said that because we were now moving then we 'may' cancel and go with another provider as I had found much cheaper deals. They told me that they could offer… Read Full Review

Liverpoolblonde's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2013

Following my earlier review of O2 Broadband and home phone, I called back and said that I wish to cancel and close my account. I was put through to a lovely lady who actually listened to me (for once) and was very sympathetic to all of the issues that I've had with O2 over the past couple of months.

She was great and gave me a really great deal so finally I'm pleased!! I'd still rather have not had to deal with all of the rubbish that O2 have put me through since moving house (like moving house isn't stressful enough) but I do appreciate the deal that they have now given me and as long as there are no more problems then I will be sticking with them.

It just goes to show that one person who delivers outstanding customer service can really make a difference! I was all ready to close down my account (they obviously want to do whatever they can to keep you) and maybe I was just lucky today and got a great lady on the end of the phone who couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, so at least not everyone who works at O2 is so bad. I just hope that's the end of it now!

Robertito's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2013

At the moment O2 need to keep their customers before they complete the Sky deal, so if you are out of contract and ask for a MAC, they will offer you free broadband for a year.

“Avoid at all costs !!!!!”

Written on: 12/02/2013 by vitshetty (1 review written)

Very poor customer care as they have no idea about what they are talking about and make you wait for hours. Bills are always wrong & charged falsely high and you have to call customer care for refund on the bills & have the above experience. Very frustrating experience & you will waste a lot of time in calling customer care & at the end of contract they ask you to send back router ( 2yr old) !!! So avoid at all cost unless you want to be stressed unnecessarily & waste your time… Read Full Review

“Good price, good service, good performance”

Written on: 29/01/2013 by Jim_Cambridge (4 reviews written)

My O2 broadband and phone service started about 6 weeks ago. Maybe I am writing this review too soon, but so far so good. The price is very competitive for existing O2 customers, service friendly and helpful. I had some trouble with the wireless router but I think it was probably my fault, and they spent time talking through on the helpline (freephone number). I am on the all-rounder package, and get speeds of around 10Mb fairly consistently. One thing that swung it for me was the phone… Read Full Review

“UTTERLY INCOMPETENT ”

Written on: 28/01/2013 by jooleshouse (1 review written)

I have been with o2 broadband and home phone for 3 years. I joined them after reading good reviews on Which but I think there service has gone downhill. I was without phone or broadband for 10 days and it took many phone calls and hassle to get the fault fixed. They told me I would be refunded for the days without any service which I'm still waiting for 4 months later. My partner has recently got a mobile with them and this has taken over a week to set up and he's still having problems. When… Read Full Review

“Excellent reliable service”

Written on: 05/01/2013 by asterix100 (4 reviews written)

Been with o2 Broadband for 4 years now ,good internet speeds no capping or throttling downloads, excellent reliable service with no hidden gimmicks download restrictions . English call center staff are friendly courteous and professional unlike other 2 star broadbad providers i have terminated in the past due to unhelpful foreign call centers poor speeds and service . Tip :Remember to renew your 12 month contract last month it expires to benefit from half price Broadband (£6:25p existing… Read Full Review

“Best Broadband For Value and Service”

Written on: 31/12/2012

Best Broadband EVER, great value, 12.50 a month, broadband only, unlimited usage, and up to 16mb, could ask for more!… Read Full Review

“Don't use O2 broadband! Super bad custumer service!”

Written on: 03/12/2012

I got a 20Gb broadband limit for £13.50 with them to just check my emails, sometimes see some youtube videos, and eventually download a 1Gb video (maybe 2-3 month) Then, in 3 days they said I used the 20Gb limit and they slowed down my speed!!! And, I was even not at home!! I called the costumer service and they really don't think outside of the box! They claim I did use the 20Gb in 3 days (they did an investigation), and said the best is to change to the unlimited usage paying £17.50. I… Read Full Review

123Anonymousguy's Comment

Written on: 11/12/2012

20gb can be used within a few days, these days its not a lot, believe me. and switch over to their unlimited for 12.75 a month with an o2 mobile, all rounder package, itl do you proud

Anonymousguy's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2013

you probably did use it, i mean a standard youtube video is capable of using 300mb in 4 mins. check this out, you might want to upgrade your package.

123Anonymousguy's Comment