Fuji Finepix 50i Reviews

• Battery Life

Fuji Finepix 50i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fuji Finepix 50i

Fuji Finepix 50i

“Picture quality is very good and user friendly. It is...”

Written on: 05/01/2008

Picture quality is very good and user friendly. It is a good camera to compare to its price and give good quality home results. Also some fun with music… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera on an...”

Written on: 27/01/2006 by BBlack (1 review written)

I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera on an American Base Exchange in Bosnia in 2001. I love it except for the same problem of not turning off and strange colors.

It's a good system, unfortunately coupled with a fragile main chipset… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“It is a pity fuji does not give any information about...”

Written on: 20/04/2005 by prinjon (1 review written)

It is a pity fuji does not give any information about the appalling problem the Fuji Finepix 50i has which concerns the optical digital sensor (a condemnator for sure)
Too bad to be perfect… Read Full Review

Frago65's Response to 190005_prinjon's Review

Written on: 02/08/2005

I sent my Fuji 50i back to have the problem rectified. I paid £180 and six months later the same problem has happened again - I have to remove the battery.

Fuji Finepix 50i

“Having the same problem with my Fuji Finepix 50i as...”

Written on: 01/01/2005 by Iceman1 (1 review written)

Having the same problem with my Fuji Finepix 50i as everyone else. Power refuse to shut off unless I take the battery out. But when re-insert, the thing is still jammed… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“Bought my Finepix 50i November 2002 in Currys. ...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by Tawnykitten (1 review written)

Bought my Finepix 50i November 2002 in Currys. Delighted with overall performance until July of this year when camera started to freeze up and psychadelic colours appeared on pictures and videos. Unfortunately it was out of warranty and it cost me £182 to get a new Pwb unit put in. Dissapointed with Fuji as this seems to be a common problem with the 50i and one year warranty did not cover it. But felt that the repair was worth it as no other camera around with same spec as the 50i. Overall… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Fuji Finepix 50i

“I have had 2 go wrong. 1st the power will not shut off...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by seanrudester (1 review written)

I have had 2 go wrong. 1st the power will not shut off needing the battery to be removed and replaced and then wierd florescent colours appear on some photos (This has happened on both camera 6months to 1 year in. Avoid like the plague.)… Read Full Review

Eensy99's Response to seanrudester's Review

Written on: 18/08/2004

I have the same problem with the power not shutting off and the camera going red hot. Also the fluorescent colouring on my photographs. Is this just a battery problem?

Fuji Finepix 50i

“I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i camera in Germany, what I...”

Written on: 30/06/2004 by jet21x (1 review written)

I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i camera in Germany, what I liked about it was the features for such a small camera. This is my second Fuji Digital camera and I am still using it. I love the video, others have video but not audio, this one has both, great option… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“For such a small camera, the picture quality and ease...”

Written on: 13/01/2004 by Fountain1963 (1 review written)

For such a small camera, the picture quality and ease of use of the Fuji Finepix 50i is hard to beat. It has never let me down and gets carried everywhere because it slips into a small pocket without being obtrusive… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“I bought this Camera in Hong Kong in a reputable chain...”

Written on: 30/07/2003 by Stef. (1 review written)

I bought this Camera in Hong Kong in a reputable chain store - as did my brother. We have BOTH had problems. Do not buy this camera. I will never buy Fuji again - I could not get a new camera or refund… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 50i

“Next 60i-camera, then? ”

Written on: 17/06/2003 by Jerzy. (1 review written)

Next 60i-camera, then?
New features I dare to suggest: xD memory, since Smartmedias 128MB is not enough. Also xD may make the camera smaller. Resolution is OK, but few more pixels will not hurt. Weaker flash for macro to
avoid "white explosions" in the pictures.
Definitely retain mp3, video and voice. How about a radio? (I can live without it, though).
Since it is possible to view pix after they have been stored to the memory, perhaps it would be possible to approve pics before they are… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Fuji Finepix 50i

“Light sensitivity seems to be the problem with the...”

Written on: 22/09/2002 by rub. (1 review written)

Light sensitivity seems to be the problem with the Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera - you get all sorts of funny colors first, than you can't turn the camera off anymore and it heats up. Then you can't turn it on anymore - and then you better get another one - because the first one I sent to Japan for repair and it never came back… Read Full Review

50311_Alvin Lee.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 12/11/2002

I'm starting to have the exact same problem on my 50i. I have to remove the battery for a second and usually it restarts, otherwise I need to switch off the cover shutter and then remove the battery.
I'm also starting to have a problem where the picture starts chromatizing - producing weird violet colors. I had a 40i for 1 year and it started to do the same thing. Because I bought for more than a year, the warranty was no good.
It's too bad because I liked all the features that came with this camera.

163552_Robski's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 25/07/2004

Exactly the same problem with mine, but all shops I've been to (including PCWorld, where I bought it) are refusing now to take it in for repairs, because it's Fuji. I feel outraged as I've paid a lot of money for it and only had it for 2 years! I will never buy Fuji again.

Seanrudester's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2004

True to form on my 2nd one in 2 yrs and just outside warantee for the 2nd it has started chromatizing and the old power shut off thing. Surely this is an obvious manufacturing fault and the product should be recalled.

Seanrudester's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

I also had this problem within the first year, a friend of mine (who had this model 1st) had the same problem happen outside of the 1 year warranty and had to pay (£80??) to get his fixed. I was supplied with a replacement camera and have been very happy with it for the last 13months. Touch wood it keeps going.
<br>Aside from what is an obvious manufacturing fault, I think the camera is wonderful when it works, very versatile and easy to use. I hope Fuji sorts out its customer service or their reputation will take a battering!!

Ddholt's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 28/10/2003

I am having the same problem. I have had the camera for just over 1 year and it just started chromatizing the images (but only occasionally). I bought the camera while in Japan and now I fear that I have junk. Is there a fix out there for this problem????

Aw.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 11/06/2003

I have the same nightmare. It hang without any respond no matter what I did. The same problem repeated twice in the first warranty year and each repairing took me one month. I have asked for continuation of warranty but sorry, NO. Very poor after sales service. Now it starts to have chromatizing... I need to buy another one but definitely not Fuji.

Dl.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

I had the exact same problem with my 50i. Will never recommend people to buy any stupid fuji camera.
<br>
<br>I now own a Kodak LS443. I've finally made a right choice. I love it.

Fuji Finepix 50i

“I have been torn between buying the Minolta Dimage X...”

Written on: 01/05/2002 by York. (1 review written)

I have been torn between buying the Minolta Dimage X and the Fuji finepix 50i digital cameras for the past week and finally decided on the 50i (although the minolta looks cooler, the 50i is supposed to deliver better quality pictures). The only problem is finding the camera for the right price (I live in Europe). In continental europe, the stores want EUR 750. In the UK only 3 stores carry the product (exclusive agreement with Fuji): Dixons, Curries and PC World. Of these 3 Curries is the… Read Full Review