Burns Dog Food Reviews

Media Gallery for Burns Dog Food

Burns Dog Food

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Burns give my lab puppy wind”

Written on: 28/08/2012 by badgirl1951 (1 review written)

we have a lab puppy 5 months old we have recently put him on Burns puppy food but this has gave him very bad wind, i feed him 3 times a day at the moment, i was recommended by a friend… Read Full Review

“Burns Pork & Potato - change to recipe/manufacturer”

Written on: 13/06/2011

I have been using Burns for some time as 2 of my Chow Chows developed an intolerance to poultry based premium dry dog food. Burns Pork & Potato was the answer. I changed all my dogs (5) of them onto Burns, on likes the fish and the other 2 like the lamb variety. All was well until I purchased my last bag of Burns Pork & Potato. When I opened it I noticed it was much darked in colour, but didn't think anything of it, then when I soaked it for my oldie I noticed it was a lot firmer (it… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/07/2011

My Dog has IBD. She was doing fantastically well on Burns Pork and Potato untill the last bag which is aparently supplied by a new manufacturer.
The new Burns Pork and Potato makes her really constapatied. The advisor at burns said that they had not had any one call about the change to the food. She advised adding a small amount of veg oil and that I was feeding too much. Oil and cutting down the meal size has made no difference. I am stuck with two bags of the stuff!

Written on: 23/07/2011

My English Pointer has IBD too. He has been doing brilliantly on Burns pork and potato since they first started producing it (he was on a home cooked diet of pork and potato for a year before we found the Burns food). We started a new bag 2 weeks ago. He was OK for about a week, but then his IBD symptoms have started to return. I'm going to call Burns to talk to them about it, as this is the only food he has ever been able to tolerate. Don't know where we will go from here if this change is for good. Back to home cooking I suppose!

Written on: 21/07/2011

My gsd has also become constipated with the burns pork and potato since they changed manufacturers .I to was told to give some oil with the food.I'm sure a lot of people are having problems since the change

“I have three cavalier king Charles, two adults and a 4...”

Written on: 03/08/2010 by Sindylemonade (1 review written)

I have three cavalier king Charles, two adults and a 4 month old puppy. The two adults are on Burns adult chicken and rice and doing great on it, and they love it. When I got the new puppy,I put her on the mini bites chicken and rice, and she did not thrive on it at all, she happily ate it, but was gaining weight very slowly, and always had loose stools. She ate Burns for about a month, and then suddenly refused to eat it any more, so I got Hills science plan for her, she loves this, has gained… Read Full Review

“I did some extensive research on dog food a couple of...”

Written on: 15/12/2008 by gazbev (1 review written)

I did some extensive research on dog food a couple of years ago and found that Burns Dog Food rated very highly.There is a scale to score dog food on that takes a lot into consideration and was surprised how some of the more popular ones scored very poorly,I took note the first reviewer noticed how little you need to feed your dog compared to other foods which makes it better value.In fact I feed my dog only 100g (a mug full)of food a day,cheaper foods recommended double that amount for his… Read Full Review

“I haven't actually got a dog yet (lol) but our...”

Written on: 23/06/2008

I haven't actually got a dog yet (lol) but our miniature schnauzer puppy is arriving in july (I'm so excited!) and we plan to feed her on Burns as an adult. We don't know much about the puppy food though but we can't seem to find any reccomended puppy food!

I overall think this is a great food with great ingredients (maybe apart from the very high grain content and low meat content)… Read Full Review

Ew1's Comment

Written on: 23/04/2010

I found this review not helpful because...reviews should be based on personal experience of using a product. This reviewer admits that they haven't used the dog food as they don't yet have a dog!