Seatwave Reviews - www.seatwave.com

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Comment from Review Centre

Are you one of the many people who have used Seatwave to purchase your tickets? Did you get seats you wanted or did they arrive in time? Let us know by writing about your own experiences.
Seatwave - www.seatwave.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“No Customer Service”

Written on: 09/09/2014 by Smart481 (1 review written)

There is telephone number and their live chat is non-existent. There immediate shipping was sent 4 days after I bought them. This is a terrible site. Do not use… Read Full Review

“Terrible Company”

Written on: 09/09/2014

I dealt with this company recently selling Kate Bush tickets on there site. At the time of selling I was told I just need to post tickets to buyer as soon as i received them. A couple of weeks before the Concert they contacted me and told me i would have to meet buyers and escort them into venue. Nothing about this in information at time of putting tickets up for sale. I had to pull out of deal and i am being charged a massive fee for pulling out. Contact with Company was hopeless emails and… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/09/2014

The comments below are pasted directly from the selling page of the Seatwave website. Don't think they could have made it any clearer!!

"Kate Bush Tickets
Important Information for the Hammersmith Eventim Apollo Performance for Kate Bush from 26th Aug - 1st Oct 2014**

All Buyers of tickets for Kate Bush’s Eventim Apollo Concerts from 26th Aug - 1st October 2014 will need to meet the Seller of their tickets at a Seatwave Collection Point @ a location in Hammersmith, London (exact venue TBC) and proceed with them to the venue to ensure entry.

Sellers listing tickets for this event may be asked for proof of purchase from the original vendor in order to list tickets for sale and must retain a ticket for themselves in order to enter the venue."

“This site rocks!”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by Levi53 (1 review written)

This site really rocks! and Martin rocks!!… Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“Don't sell throught these people”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by 1987Finn (1 review written)

Amazed a company who make millions profit don't have a phone number and barely respond to emails. Was selling Kate Bush tickets. Was told they'd sold, but never heard about how to get them to the buyer, as they never provided any contact details about buyer to me. There is no address or phone number on their site , and I'm certain they're based outside UK. That means you could never sue them in the County Court if you have a dispute. If you're a buyer it may be safer becuase you pay by… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2014

Their Head Office is in Moorgate, London and you can find their telephone number on saynoto0870. Why would you want to sue them?
If you've sold Kate Bush tickets you will have to meet up with your buyer to accompany them into the venue. Call Seatwave and they will explain everything to you.
You will get paid 10 working days after the event has taken place, as long as you've sold accurately described valid tickets and you accompany the buyer into the gig.

Rosetheyounger's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2014

They can be contacted at their Head Office which is in Moorgate.

“Apprehensive but worked a treat”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by JuliaTom (1 review written)

We bought 4 tickets from Seatwave for the T20 Blast final at Edgbaston yesterday. It was the first time we had used the site and we were quite apprehensive, particularly as the tickets were in a download form (thoughts of the same tickets being sold over did cross our minds!) The tickets cost roughly double the face value, which was fine. The seller made them available for download within 48 hours of our purchase. The seats were in a great location and our family had a fabulous day, even though… Read Full Review

“Recommend”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by 408Caldwell (1 review written)

I had a trouble free purchase process with Seatwave and found there communication first class , but what really pleased me is that when the Garth Brookes concerts where cancelled they contacted me to inform me that they would organise a full refund which again was completed by them quickly and trouble free , the only thing I had to do was return the tickets . On my experience I would highly recommend Seatwave and would not hesitate to use them again… Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“Tickets I bought were void......birthday evening ruined!”

Written on: 28/07/2014 by joninety75 (1 review written)

Be careful......buying from Seatwave is not rick free. I purchased my tickets for Monty python as a birthday present/treat for my partner and the tickets arrived as promised and looked genuine. We traveled by train to the O2 and having got to the front of the admittance queue, our tickets were scanned and we were told that they had been voided and we weren't allowed in. The supervisor at the o2 said that out tickets were actually still for sale on the Stubhub website. Long story short… Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“what a ripoff - will report to bbc watchdog etc”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by janet440 (1 review written)

Bought tickets for a concert, but could not go. Put on 3 websites to sell.(get me in, viagogo,and seatwave) I was very pleased when I sold them on one website.(get me in) I then immediately withdrew the sale on the other websites. HOWEVER it was technically impossible to withdraw sale from seatwave. I sent them an email. They said the tickets had already been sold, so it was too late.(!) I therefore ended up selling them to 2 lots of people. I urgently emailed seatwave to inform them the… Read Full Review

Andiamo's Response to janet440's Review

Written on: 26/07/2014

I am guessing the reason you couldn't remove the tickets from the Seatwave site was because they had been sold.
I'm sure the person who bought them is feeling more ripped off than you, having to pay Seatwave for tickets that now can't be provided.
Didn't you read the sellers agreement?

Rosetheyounger's reply to Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2014

In effect, you sold tickets you didn't have. It's you that's at fault, not Seatwave. All the big re-selling sites explain that it is up to the seller to fix the price, not them. They also advise you not to list the tickets elsewhere, which makes perfect sense.
What about the unfortunate buyer? I notice you don't have a word of sympathy for him/her.

Heavenlycupcake's Response to janet440's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

This beggars belief! Seatwave are charging you because they have to source new tickets for the buyer YOU let down. By sourcing new tickets they are honoring their guarantee and behaving 100% correctly. Who on earth are you going to report to Watchdog - yourself?
Common sense should have told you not to list more tickets than you had for sale.

“eminem concert”

Written on: 08/07/2014

Disgusting, ordered 2 Eminem tickets a month before the event. 3 days before the concert there were no tickets. 3 calls later i eventually get through at 10am, get told not to panic and that id recieve a phone call 1 hour later. 2 hours later i ring, got the same response, had to ring again at 3.30pm to find they had emailed me about the tickets and promised a tracking number, half an hour before they close fir the day i ring AGAIN . No tracking number. Eventually get the tracking number for… Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“Seatwaveing, any time again....”

Written on: 08/07/2014

Seatwaveing, any time again ! Short story, my son got for his 14th. birthday Eminem Cards in London and the cards should be delivered by UPS .... but the package got lost by UPS. Think about the disappointment of my son getting aware 3 day before the concert takes place ! Seatwave did an outstanding job helping us to get new tickets, same class on time delivered to the Hotel in London where we stay !! Seatwave Team, Thank you for an well done Job !!! Konstantin… Read Full Review

“Dreadful service”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by owFerguson66 (1 review written)

Bought a ticket for one direction and never got told until I actually rang up that they didn't have my tickets but they offered me better ones nearer the stage, I took up,the offer and when I got to wembley I had no seat. I went with my 10 year old daughter and sat behind her for the first bit of the concert then we moved. Paid over the odds for the ticket as you do so I complained and have got nowhere plus the customer service was terrible the man put the phone on me then rung back and… Read Full Review

“One direction”

Written on: 07/06/2014 by michelle44 (1 review written)

I ordered my ticket from Seatwave for One Direction 6 June 2014 and was bit worried as had read reviews and was meeting people inside. I can honestly say they were brilliant! Got to the hotel to collect my ticket and they were there waiting with my ticket all ready. I would definitely use seatwave again and recommend to people also I liked the fact that when u order the tickets you know where you are seated and exactly how much it is going to cost in total before purchasing your tickets so no… Read Full Review

Andiamo's Response to michelle44's Review

Written on: 21/06/2014

I hope for your sake that the Royal Albert Hall doesn't pick up this review. Read the ts & cs on the back of your ticket - tickets bought from touts may be refused entry. Not very clever to publish your exact ticket details.

“1 direction”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by laMcCracken62 (1 review written)

im still for my tickets for saturday 2 see 1d really not happy these tickets r my daughters xmas presant , any 1 else still waiting for these tickets ?… Read Full Review

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. Tickets are normally available for dispatch 1-2 weeks before a performance. So it usual to receive them in the week of the event.

We trust that you have received the tickets safely since and we hope you enjoyed the event and had an amazing time.

seatwave

“DO NOT USE THESE TOUTS!!!!!”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by AVOIDanddisappointed (1 review written)

I paid £249 in December for 2 tickets to the concert taking place on 20th June. The tickets arrived today face value £55 each. so why was I charged £249? A telephone call took place and I was told this is common practice and I should have seen details of this on the site when I booked my tickets! I feel totally ripped off. I have never had this problem with Ticket master. Avoid Seatwave like the plague!! … Read Full Review

Andiamo's Response to AVOIDanddisappointed's Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

Ticketmaster is a primary agent. Seatwave is a secondary agent. The sellers who list the tickets decide the price - not Seatwave. It's all explained very clearly on their website, and the face value of the ticket is always shown. Your decision to buy at the higher price - you were not misled in any way.

Avoidanddisappointed's reply to Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2014

rubbish you have no morals just out to make a profit as stated on theBBC Watchdog programme tonight. The face value of the tickets is £55 which is what you paid as per your site!!

Andiamo's reply to Avoidanddisappointed's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2014

I didn't pay for any tickets, and I certainly didn't sell any to you! All I am telling you is that everything is explained very clearly on Seatwave's website and it's sad that you didn't notice it when you bought the tickets.
As the CEO of Seatwave explained on Watchdog, they believe that it is everyone's right to do what they want with their tickets. Once they have bought them, they become their property.
Perhaps if you had read the website you would have chosen not to buy second-hand tickets - but Seatwave is very clear on their role in the ticket selling market. They are not out to cheat anyone. 85% of the reviewers on this site are happy with Seatwave!

Avoidanddisappointed's reply to Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2014

you obviously have not read anyone other comments regarding your company! you do not have a good reputation. I have learnt the hard way and will not be dealing with your company ever again!!!!!!

Avoidanddisappointed's reply to Avoidanddisappointed's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2014

you work for seatwave therefore must share the responsibility when customers are disappointed. 'I am a nurse and if I don't do my job correctly I cannot blame anyone else!1

Andiamo's reply to Avoidanddisappointed's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2014

No - I don't work for Seatwave! And, hey! - I'm on your side. I'm only sorry you didn't read the website properly. Next to each listing is an icon, and if you click on that you will see the final price you will have to pay, plus postage which ofcourse can't be added until you put in your address. On the next page, which is the payment page, the face value of the ticket is very clearly shown BEFORE you imput your credit card details, so it's up to you to choose whether or not you want to pay over the odds. I don't think Seatwave could be more transparent.
I HAVE read the other comments on here. The vast majority are positive, which is quite unusual as most people don't post a review unless they are unhappy with a service. 85% of people have posted positive reviews, and of the remaining 15% most of the complaints are because the tickets haven't turned up (yet). People don't bother to repost if they then receive their tickets in time.

Seatwaveteam's Response to AVOIDanddisappointed's Review

HI there,

We would like to apologise for any frustration you've experienced with your ticket purchase on this occasion.

The reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an on-line marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets. Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We believe that fans should have the right to do what they want with tickets they have bought, including selling them at the going market rate if they choose to. Sellers can list tickets to any event of their choosing and can select their own selling price. We provide tools that show the market value of their tickets on our exchange over time.

Buyers on our platform have access to the same marketplace information, allowing them to make calculated decisions on seat location and the best time to buy tickets. We have several features on our buying page that help you to narrow your search to your specific requirements. One of those features is a sliding scale price bar where you can select a maximum price and only the tickets within your selected price range will appear so you can choose exactly how much you would like to spend.

We can assure you that the face value is shown for every transaction on the buying page before you go to the next step and enter your payment details and we’re sorry if you feel this was not clear, as we go to great lengths to develop our website and make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

Avoidanddisappointed's reply to Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2014

do you think I would have agreed to pay £249 for tickets of a face value of £110 if the information you claim to have been available was visible. It may have been in small print somewhere but I did not see it. I was under the impression that seatwave worked in the same manner as Ticketmaster who only charge the face value of the ticket plus commission. I have had my fingers burned and will only work with Ticketmaster in future. They are open and honest unlike Seatwave!!

Joninety75's reply to Avoidanddisappointed's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2014

Hey Avoidanddisappointed, Its interesting to to note that Andiamo is very defensive of Seatwave. Andiamo responds to many reviews on here. I think you're absolutely correct, Andiamo does work for Seatwave.
Andiamo is probably the individual that posts all the very favourable reviews about seatwave on the various review sites too!

“Great Company!!”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by DAVERUE (2 reviews written)

Ordered tickets for the Froch fight , and had to collect from the Ibis hotel , fantastic organisation , the reps were near the door with everyone's tickets in envelopes waiting , we'll impressed with the company and would highly recommend … Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“Did not have tickets to sell!”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by Lovemygarden62 (2 reviews written)

Partner ordered tickets for Monaco Grand Prix practice day. Was told 'tickets on the way'...Great! Two weeks later, no tickets so emailed them asking where they were. Haven't got them anymore sorry, but you can have some for another grandstand with better views, same price, fair enough I thought. Two days before the said event another email from them, 'sorry, haven't got those tickets either but, you can have tickets for race day at extortionate price'....Too late, I was flying home to UK on… Read Full Review

Seatwaveteam's Response to Lovemygarden62's Review

Hi there,

Firstly, we would like to apologise for any frustration you've experienced with your ticket purchase on this occasion.

Our priority here at Seatwave is to ensure that we get you to the chosen event so we are very careful to follow up any unusual issues that may arise and this would have been one of them.

Seatwave is a marketplace where people can buy and sell tickets. This means that we at Seatwave do not sell the tickets ourselves and all the tickets listed come from fans and distributors around the world.

We can assure you that we have strict terms and conditions in place to ensure sellers fulfil they orders and it is a rare occurrence that sellers are not able to supply tickets as advertised. In case anything goes wrong we step in and try to source replacement tickets for you or if we fail, we will issue you the full purchase price including the commission and postage you have paid, which means seatwave itself will not keep a single penny of the purchase price. This is our promise (Ticket Integrity) to our buyers.

We are very sorry that we have been unable to find replacement tickets for you. We don’t underestimate how disappointed you are and we can assure you we really have tried all possible options to source you tickets.

We appreciate that money is not always the most important issue and therefore we offered you a 15% voucher that can be used towards a future experience as we would like you to see a truer reflection of the way we work. We understand that you may not use us in the near future as it is clear that you feel we have let you down however, should you change your mind please do to get in touch with us. We would love for you to have seamless experience with us.

Lovemygarden62's reply to Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2014

Anything you have written including your offer of 15%discount was already mentioned in my review. I have been completely honest with my review. One other thing I must mention is this....why do you take the money from a customers bank account before you send out tickets you do not know you have or not!! You took an age to refund my partner for the said above event, but you weren't so slow to take it from him!! I stand by my review of your company which is at best poor, but more like atrocious...

“Great deal on last minute tickets”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by Duckworth1993 (1 review written)

Bought 3 tickets for One Direction from seatwave on Wednesday to be collected from pick up point on Saturday. No problems, tickets cheaper than face value, service great. Fabulous deal for us would use again… Read Full Review

Visit seatwave.com

“Expensive, poor customer support”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by kev16 (1 review written)

Well, it's Saturday and One Direction play on Tuesday. We paid £230 for 2 tickets over a year ago so why are Seatwave leaving it so late to dispatch? No telephone nos on their website and ticket tracker is hanging !! Ordered 2 other tickets form them which did arrive - we were charged £9.99 postage and yet they arrive by Royal Mail franked at 50 pence ?? Read their founders manifesto on their website - wanted to vomit do not use this company … Read Full Review

Seatwaveteam's Response to kev16's Review

HI there,

We know people have busy lives and we know how frustrating it is to receive the tickets so close to the event, this is why when purchasing tickets with us you are given the option of selecting a different delivery address to your home address.

We ask our Sellers to send the tickets as soon as possible after the order confirmation and we do specify that tickets should be shipped at the very least two working days before the event.

The charge of £9.99 you are referring to, covers the delivery as well as the handling fee for your order and we are sorry if this was not clear upfront. If anything goes wrong during the delivery process, for example if your tickets are lost or delayed during the delivery process due to the fault of the delivery service, we at seatwave will step in and try to source replacement tickets for you at no extra cost to you.

This is our Ticket Integrity Promise.

Once again, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience and are sorry for the disappointment felt. We do appreciate you getting in touch and welcome your feedback.

“terrible”

Written on: 30/05/2014 by bustin (1 review written)

I purchased 2 tickets from seatwave for Barry Manilow concert on monday to find out that they were freud ones!!! I was so dissappointed to say the least!! Then I get an email to ask if I had enjoyed myself!! What can i say other than I will never use this again!!!… Read Full Review

Seatwaveteam's Response to bustin's Review

Hi there,

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused due to invalid tickets you have received for Barry Manilow.

We can assure you that we have strict terms and conditions in place to ensure genuine tickets for our buyers and it is a rare occurrence that buyers are denied entry and we appreciate the disappointment that this situation has caused to you.

We only issue the payment to the seller after the event took place and once we know you successfully gained entrance. In case anything goes wrong we will issue you the full purchase price including the commission and postage you have paid, which means seatwave itself will not keep a single penny of the purchase price. This is our promise (Ticket Integrity) to our buyers.

We acknowledge that a full refund was already issued however, we do appreciate that money is not always the most important issue and we would like to offer you a gift certificate that can be used towards a future experience as we would like you to see a truer reflection of the way we work.

We do hope this goes some way in showing you that we do care very much about how you view our company and your customer experience.

Please get in touch with us through our website so we can make this up to you.

“Rip Off !!”

Written on: 30/05/2014 by Romerocz37 (1 review written)

Bought 2 tickets for Robbie Williams at O2 for £392 naively thinking this was a genuine ticket office site. They are NOT. Tickets arrived with a hand written note and ticket price on ticket is half the price we paid,these are ticket touts ! You learn by your mistakes so be warned !… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/05/2014

Ticket prices are set by the sellers and may be higher than face value

Face value printed on ticket excluding fees: £55.00

I copied the above paragraph directly from the Seatwave website. The face value is shown on every single booking BEFORE you enter your credit card details. I don't think they can be more transparent than that.

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Hi there,

thank you for your feedback.

The reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an online marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets. Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We do however appreciate your time and feedback.

seatwave.com