Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation Reviews

• Battery Life

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Apple Macbook Air - why wait ???”

Written on: 30/06/2012 by Safedrivern (1 review written)

I recently bought a MacBook Air. I'd told the PC World Salesman what I wanted it for: mainly replaying and reviewing movie files shot during a driving lesson straight back to the pupil while still in the car. It has an SD card slot plus two USB slots. Now I wonder why I waited so long to own a Mac! Maybe price was something to do with it. It's quick to start up, intuitive and has useful extras like a good pre-loaded movie editor. It also looks and feel superb - the impression I wanted to… Read Full Review

“So fricking fast”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by Georgewol (4 reviews written)

I have had my MBA for just over 2 weeks and it is lightning quick. I had a black macbook before which was fast but this leaves it standing. Every job it takes on it copes with without a single lag, name me a pc that does that? I also had a dell pc with windows on and it took 5 - 10 minutes to boot, this take 5 - 10 seconds!! So inclosing, it is worth the money people, get one today… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Lovely laptop but rubbish battery life”

Written on: 21/09/2011 by AllieDempsey (3 reviews written)

It's probly been said a million times but i LOVE using macs. They are so much better than PCs. But when i upgraded to a macbook air i really wasn't expecting the battery life to be so short. I've done everything i should like leaving it to run out and everything, but it really is quite bad. I went to the apple shop and exchanged the battery but the new one is the same within a month. I want to stick with macs for defs, but they need to sort it i think… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Ive had my MacBook Air for a few months now and I...”

Written on: 16/08/2010

Ive had my MacBook Air for a few months now and I absolutely love it, my best purchase I have ever made and I recommend it to anyone! Everything is perfect on this well designed masterpiece and the best bit for me is the size… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“An excellent laptop that fits neatly in the niche...”

Written on: 22/01/2010 by fractalhorizon (1 review written)

An excellent laptop that fits neatly in the niche between a netbook and a notebook. Nice LED backlit screen, adequate battery life, friendly and powerful operating system. A little expensive… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“I have owned a Revision C Air for a couple of months...”

Written on: 11/11/2009 by agaskew (8 reviews written)

I have owned a Revision C Air for a couple of months now. The reason for this review is to update a few points , that make the Air a more attractive prospect...

- Since launch, the Macbook Air has had its specifications upgraded (faster CPU, bigger disks) and has attracted a price drop at the same time. It is still not exactly fabulous value for money, but isn't meant to be bought with an eye on economy.
- Earlier models suffered from overheating issues, due to poorly applied internal… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“I'm reviewing this laptop, not as an owner but as a...”

Written on: 18/07/2008 by john (1 review written)

I'm reviewing this laptop, not as an owner but as a validation of the Macbook Air as an work of art and a fashion accessory. A friend was rooting through a bag, similar to a laptop bag, but full or books and files, or so I thought, until out slide a Macbook Air that was nestled between a folder and book. My first impressions, wow!! The reason for it's introduction to the evening, was too look at a few video's and photo's, and it looked very classy while he was doing it! Lovely images, very… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Battery life is a little poorer than expected for me...”

Written on: 07/05/2008

Battery life is a little poorer than expected for me however as far as I am concerned this is the only bad point to mention about the Apple Mac book air.
Stylish and powerful enough to run some rather large programmes, often 2 to 3 open programmes at the same time however well recommend this apple laptop… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“With Apple you get the best of everything, however in...”

Written on: 10/04/2008 by afasystemsdotbiz (2 reviews written)

With Apple you get the best of everything, however in this case I think they have compromised by not having a DVD player which is a bad point in my opinion.

Still a great laptop, Light and powerful. Well recommend Apple MacBook Air… Read Full Review

Azzers's Response to afasystemsdotbiz's Review

Written on: 21/04/2008

I disagree with this review because... the macbook air isn't powerful, it has a slow processor in my opinion, small hard-drive, low RAM... the list could go on as far as I am concerned.

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“This is an exceptionally expensive fashion statement...”

Written on: 25/03/2008 by azzers (5 reviews written)

This is an exceptionally expensive fashion statement but judging from the success of Apple's other over-priced fashion statements (iPhone and iPods) this may be a success.

It has a weak processor (1.6 in the cheaper model 1.8 in the top model) at the heart of it's inferior components. The screen isn't x-black or HD giving inferior picture quality to other laptops that are far cheaper. There is no internal disc drive so you have to carry an external drive with you to read media.

With the… Read Full Review

Fractalhorizon's Response to azzers's Review

Written on: 22/01/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>From the very first sentence this "review" is extremely biased. It does not appear that the reviewer has used the machine at all. Claims are generic and unsubstantiated. The screen isn't x-black? Of course not, x-black is a trade mark of Sony. Not HD? 1280x800 more than enough to fit 720p or 1080i picture, and there are NO 1080p size screens of this size in existence yet. A top of the line model (with 128G SSD drive) costs $1799 USD (or 1100 pounds). Where did a reviewer get the 2000 pound price? A comparable VAIO with 128G SSD costs about 1200 pounds. This so called review is nothing more but a smear job.

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Apple MacBook Air will be a masterpiece I'm sure,...”

Written on: 20/02/2008 by Spaceman831 (1 review written)

Apple MacBook Air will be a masterpiece I'm sure, looks great and very stylish… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“From my experience the Mac Air, for all its hype, is a...”

Written on: 13/02/2008 by ted3929 (37 reviews written)

From my experience the Mac Air, for all its hype, is a great idea with a flawed execution.

In all fairness, I did borrow a new model from an acquaintance and had it just a half day, but during that short period of time I noticed the following shortcomings:

'The power connection is the usual Apple Mag-Safe attachment, but it goes in at an odd angle making it difficult to sit the computer on a flat surface. I had to fidget with it to stop the rocking. Push it too much one way and the… Read Full Review

Azzers's Response to ted3929's Review

Written on: 25/03/2008

I agree with this review because... the opinion is backed up by facts in my opinion.

Fractalhorizon's Response to ted3929's Review

Written on: 22/01/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>I have owned this machine for over a year. The magsafe power connector goes in at an angle that ensures that the connector itself is always a few mm off whatever the surface the laptop is seating on, so its pretty much impossible to make the computer 'rock' on it. Try as much as I have, I was unable to replicate this reviewers problems.
<br/>I routinely connect to both a DVI monitor and a variety of USB devices, and have never had them interfere. There is a single USB port as is usual on a machine this size, but a small hub allows for more devices to be connected without a problem.
<br/>Any USB optical drive works fine, and in this modern world who uses an optical drive when an average USB flash drive has more space anyway?
<br/>The reviewer could not get a Microsoft piece of software to work (MSN Messenger)? Hardly the machine's fault.
<br/>It appears the reviewer simply had a negative preconception of the machine that got in the way of his 'i spent half a day with it and I didn't like it' review.

Apple MacBook Air - 2nd Generation

“Right, I conclude, that the Apple MacBook Air is...”

Written on: 23/01/2008 by PoloPete (37 reviews written)

Right, I conclude, that the Apple MacBook Air is impressive, very impressive infact, it really is the latest piece of engineering that will create a lot of hype in the market, no doubt!
Second of all, it beats it competitors, which ofcourse means it's the best, right?
When the price drops, in my opinion it will be treated as the best too, I think everyone will want one to impress others as it makes other laptops look ugly, useless and fat.
However, as far as I am concerned, so what? Not long… Read Full Review

Azzers's Response to PoloPete's Review

Written on: 25/03/2008

I disagree with this review because... "Second of all, it beats it competitors" I can't see how you can argue a laptop more than twice the cost of it's competitors with inferior performance and specifications beats it's competitors.
<br/>

Welshgirl44's Response to PoloPete's Review

Written on: 01/04/2008

This was really helpful to me so thanks. I was thinking about purchasing a Mac Book Air but had some doubts. The price was a big issue of course, but I've been saving for a while (wanting a good laptop). I don't think I will get one now as we already have a poor battery laptop and I was looking for something a little... longer lasting. Before making any rash decisions and spending 1500 on some laptop I decided to check out the review centre. Glad I did, thanks-the laptop does sound amazing (and looks it too!) But I think ill keep looking. Good luck with the laptop PoloPete!