Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport Reviews

• Reliability

Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport

Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport

“You will never be happy with anything else after...”

Written on: 14/03/2013

You will never be happy with anything else after driving this car, simply class… Read Full Review

“Amazing car!”

Written on: 17/01/2012 by Laurenp2012 (2 reviews written)

I have had my 500 from brand new, its an excellent little car! it does about 50 miles to the gallon and costs around £40 to fill from empty. a lovely car to drive and so easy to park! a great all round car! really pleased with it… Read Full Review

“I fell in love with the look of the Fiat 500 as soon...”

Written on: 14/12/2010 by keengreen (4 reviews written)

I fell in love with the look of the Fiat 500 as soon as I saw it but the car also performs really well. It's very economical to run and handles well. Their are so many modifications that can be made to the exterior and interior that there is no reason to be driving the same care as anyone else. The boot is tiny, but that's not a problwm for me. The under seat passenger side storage is cute… Read Full Review

“Having always loved Italian cars for their flare and...”

Written on: 05/02/2010 by Jon Hardcastle (3 reviews written)

Having always loved Italian cars for their flare and design appeal the Fiat 500 was one not to be missed, so off the wife and I went to our local dealer in Heswall. After trying a number of different engine sizes out we went for the 1.2 sport. Sport is a trim level it bears no resemblence as to how fast the car will go our how it handles. the three trim levels are Pop, Lounge and Sport, the Lounge and Sport models cost the same amount but offer slightly different spec levels.

With just… Read Full Review

“I have a White 58 plate Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport...”

Written on: 08/02/2009 by Rupertpower (11 reviews written)

I have a White 58 plate Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Sport now ith 5500 miles on him.
Very good to try and good on fuel but my washer wipers do not work as the plastic bit on them freeze and then pop out so washer water goes everywhere except the screen, My local dealer hopes to fix the problem under warranty in two weeks time, So I have to be careful when I use the car to clean the screen.
Flashing mileage is also a pain in the neck but we hope they can sort this out as well.
My car is fab and… Read Full Review

“I promised myself one of these a year before launch,...”

Written on: 14/07/2008 by John Thompson (38 reviews written)

I promised myself one of these a year before launch, and have left it a few months to make sure it was well received in the Motoring press before writing any cheques. My local FIAT dealer in St Albans offered me a fuss free test drive in a 1.3 Diesel Lounge, and 1.2 Sport, as the rather thirstier 1.4 is of no interest to me as I have larger more powerful vehicles already. THE MECHANICAL STUFF..... I found the Diesel pleasant enough to drive, but was unimpressed with the demo cars economy (Trip… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/03/2009

Hi, could you give me an update on the car with regards to running costs, build and the all important reliability?
<br/>
<br/> Have you done many longer journeys and how is the 1.2 on the motorway and also around town with the potholes, speedhumps etc? I'm debating whether to go for a 500 or Panda
<br/>Thanks

Written on: 13/03/2009

Thanks for that - as mentioned, I'm also looking at the Panda as eventually need to downsize and reduce my motoring costs but need a car that will undertake both town and occasional motorway/longer journeys. I'm looking at other makes too but the Fiat seems to offer character but also has reliability and build quality in hand whilst most other makes seem to me, a rather bland. Once again, thanks for your view and comment - any problems, please keep update your review so I can follow progress

John Thompson's Response to John Thompson's Review

Written on: 12/03/2009

Sorry, missed a question:
<br/>
<br/>Potholes...Well, when I first took her off the forecourt, it was a hard ride, but after a thousand miles or so, it softened up.
<br/>
<br/>I would describe the ride quality as 'firm' but it's never offensive. Better than my initial impressions.
<br/>
<br/>The Panda is the same floorpan, so likely to drive similarly, just lacking the style, although a few colour schemes look great!

John Thompson's Response to John Thompson's Review

Written on: 12/03/2009

So far, faultless, and in my hands 50mpg average, my Wifes 46mpg.
<br/>
<br/>Build quality good. A couple of minor creak on the dash on cold weather, but my Mercedes and Lexus LS did that.
<br/>
<br/>A bit blustery on Motorways, it's not a car I would buy for regular high speed use, as it's a little extended at 80mph, and could be more stable, but again, the yardstick is a Mercedes!
<br/>
<br/>I have utterly no regrets about buying this car, and am contemplating a second!

Written on: 11/03/2009

I found this review helpful because it is informative and also takes all aspects, good and bad, into consideration