Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre Reviews

• Reliability

Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre

Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre

“Iv tested this car to the max”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by jpf92 (1 review written)

Well iv had my 03 1.0 corsa njoy for nearly 2 years now, from 37,000-90,000 miles and iv rallyed the car every mile of that on back roads and motorway. Now dont get me wrong im not a tool in a car jamming gears i do know how to drive but i dont drive slow :P i have shreded tyres off the car in an hour many times, handbrake turns, spining on the spot, forest tracks, beachs,jumped big air time in a small car, you name it! List of problems/accidents: blew the diff doing big burnouts,reverseing at… Read Full Review

“Good”

Written on: 05/05/2013 by haaahaaa (1 review written)

i havee a 2002 plate 1,0 and its was awwryt to start with then it started cuttung out at 90mph ????????? anyone knoww? very quick at getting theree though… Read Full Review

“Good on fuel”

Written on: 11/10/2012

Ideal car for learner or someone who's just passed their test. Very low insurance as is only a group 1e and is brilliant on fuel. I've owned one for about 8 months now and i average about 45mpg, but on a run you can easily get 50+mpg. The car is very slow at pulling away but it's not made for speed, once it's up to speed it rides comfortably and quietly at 70mph. However, as with most Vauxhalls the suspension is extremely bouncy and could probably leave you feeling seasick on bumpy roads. Top… Read Full Review

“love It”

Written on: 10/07/2012 by fastandfuriospovey (1 review written)

love it good fast run about loads of fun in the corners I had a race with a mercedes the driver was amasde that it was a 1.0 12v. I passed my test lasst year bort it as soon as i passed it had one problem with it the maf sensor was fallty wulde strygle to get up any hills in first gear as soon as i fixed it it now has no problems with hills and has a top speed of 120mph ife done a few mods like the origenal sterio was a litle dogy so now the serio is more power full than the engine. the only… Read Full Review

Jordan12345678910's Response to fastandfuriospovey's Review

Written on: 19/07/2013

how do u get 120 out of yours

“1997 Corsa 1.0 12v LS ”

Written on: 15/01/2010

1997 Corsa 1.0 12v LS

Would make an ideal first car or a cheap run around given todays petrol prices. I've owned several 1.2 8v corsas and find my current 1.0 12v better in performance, reliability and fuel consumption.

The car is surprisingly nippy for a 1.0 litre, comfortably and quietly pulls at over 70, and I was expecting a lot less from it, especially with it being a 3 cylinder. Very roomy inside for a small 3 door hatchback, comfortably fits 4 adults even though there are 5 seats.

The… Read Full Review

“I've owned my Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre now for 3...”

Written on: 19/06/2009

I've owned my Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre now for 3 months and find fuel consumption around 48 mpg. As for its performance it cruises easy on motorways with no strain at all, it struggles up banks a little but it's solid and doesn't rattle or vibrate like some new cars I've owned… Read Full Review

“The Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre is a good looking...”

Written on: 23/04/2009 by mhsmith (3 reviews written)

The Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12v litre is a good looking car, has provided fairly reliable motoring for my daughter.
The sporty appearance, along with the well-specified interior on her 'Elegance' model, has proved to be popular with friends and family alike… Read Full Review

“Generally a poor car, iv only had my Vauxhall Corsa...”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by leonjah90 (1 review written)

Generally a poor car, iv only had my Vauxhall Corsa for a few months and i want rid already. Due to its 3 cylinder engine, this causes the timing to be unbalanced which affects the engines performance. The car is also a basic model with most of the fancy extras taken away such as power steering and the electronic computer, this reduces the weight of the car which makes the car seem faster but also makes it the handling poor. The fuel consumption is awful, i find myself filling up at the petrol… Read Full Review

“I have a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa which has cause me...”

Written on: 26/04/2008 by sue d (1 review written)

I have a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa which has cause me nothing but trouble. I have had the gear box linkage replaced, the head gaskett done 2 years ago and it has had a fuse box fault causing the immobiliser to kick in (no one has ever been able to find out why) and now with just 73,000 on the clock the head gaskett has gone again and I have been advised not to spend any more money on it. Anybody else had similar problems?… Read Full Review

Jen In Bristol's Response to sue d's Review

Written on: 29/04/2008

I have a 2004 Corsa 1.2 16v and have just been told that i need a new steering rack and diff gearbox after just 23,000 miles- my mechanic guesses at poor maintenance from my vauxhall servicing. I am never buying a vauxhall again.

J1509's Response to sue d's Review

Written on: 27/08/2012

I've had my car since 2002. On the whole its served me well considering I've only had one service. More recently one of the cylinder keeps blowing and its been replaced twice going for a third. My head gaskett also went last year. The electrics are playing up which means I have a constant engine sign on. There may well be a gear linkage problem as when changing gears something popped and then the cylinder went

448314_Leonjah90's Response to sue d's Review

Written on: 17/03/2009

I agree with this review because... i also have a huge amount of problems with this car

Jen In Bristol's Response to sue d's Review

Written on: 29/04/2008

I agree with this review because...i too have had horrendous problems.

“Over all good, fast for a 3 cylinder”

Written on: 19/01/2008