Broadway Travel Reviews - www.broadwaytravel.com

Broadway Travel www.broadwaytravel.com - Ask a question now

“so called 5 day holiday”

Written on: 24/10/2014 by dave171161 (1 review written)

I landed in Majorca at about 10.30 saturday and got a taxi to the hotel and arrived at about 11pm. Was told by hotel reception they had no free rooms tonight and sent me to another hotel even though i had booked and told me to come back at noon the next day.I went back the next day and eventually got a room but if you wanted to watch tv you had to rent a remote from reception and even had to pay for wifi.The food was always cold and very bland even if you was early.And to top it all because of… Read Full Review

“Poor holiday delivered and no response to complaints (2ce)”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by nnbbbgggtt (1 review written)

We returned last Sunday from a holiday booked through your company (Broadway). We booked it as a 4 star all inclusive holiday but ended up with a 2 star butlins equivalent disaster. We spoke to an adviser in your office when we were there to complain and despite her reassurances she didn't even have the courtesy to call back. After landing in Palma, the 3 hour wait and transfer was far from the transfer, again booked with your company, that promised expected Upon eventual arrival first… Read Full Review

“Costomer Care - only open mornings so almost uncontactable”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by TimCan (1 review written)

I work so can only contact their customer care after work - but they shut up shop at mid-day - what a complete waste of time… Read Full Review

“Not good customer support”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by ColinUK (1 review written)

We came back from Holiday in Majorca and to be fair the sales support was excellent but after you book you have to speak to customer service and hold times are a joke. First day waited 25 min and hang up and second day after 18 min called the sales support line and no surprise was answered right away. The phone system is a joke. Secondly was not made aware that the 10 kg allowance was hand luggage and not in the hold and would be great if they explained that to try help there customers out… Read Full Review

Broadwaytravel's Response to ColinUK's Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the delayed response.

I am pleased the booking process was smooth and I hope you enjoyed the holiday itself. However, obviously we are disappointed to see such a low feedback score due to the after sales time issues and baggage.

Unfortunately due to the time of year and the sheer amount of clients travelling in the summer season, unfortunately the after sales lines do get busy with different requirements for clients bookings. We do work as hard as we can to reduce the wait time and have introduced an online chat facility to avoid clients having to sit on the phone waiting to speak to an agent. Unfortunately you will find this issue no matter which company you call within travel, its the time of year im afraid, but we are doing everything we can to improve our services and help clients with a smooth and efficient after sales service where possible.

Unfortunately the cost of the hold bags are not our decision. We as your agent work hard to find the best deal for you as an overall cost with what you require included. Whist £70 is a lot of money, there may have been a flight with an airline that charge £40 for a bag, but their actual flight cost may have been £50 more expensive making it £20 more. The sales team will take all aspects into consideration when finding you the best available deal at the time and offer that to you.

If your happy to advise me of the reference I am more than happy to investigate the 10 kg allowance issue. Staff follow procedure and that involves advising you of your allowance so this should not have happened. Once I have the reference I can investigate and if needed additional training will be supplied to the member of the team that dealt with your booking.

Once again I hope that the issues mentioned did not stop the enjoyment of your holiday and that you may consider booking again with Broadway Travel in the near future.

Best regards,

Colinuk's reply to Broadwaytravel's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2014

Thanks for your response and understand the points you brought up and will use you guys again.

“Very Expensive Holiday”

Written on: 08/05/2014

I booked a holiday with a very helpful operative. The next day i found the same holiday with another company a staggering £400 cheaper. When I contacted the company they agreed to refund £100 and I was told that they were under no obligation to offer anything. No attempt was made to price match to secure new custom. The money came out of my account within a few hours but will take 7 to 10 days to refund £100. I will never book with this company (also called luxury escapes) in future… Read Full Review

“2 emails sent without response”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by Claran448 (1 review written)

I have sent 2 emails and have no reply at all. I do not intend using this company… Read Full Review

“mis leading”

Written on: 21/04/2014 by LucilleReid190 (1 review written)

book 4 night holiday got only 3 nights. was told what did I expect for that price! rude arrogant and mis-leading. do not use them… Read Full Review

“Unprofessional in dealing with problems”

Written on: 03/04/2014 by Adrian762 (1 review written)

Four of us pensioners organised a trip to berlin. We ordered the flights, hotel and transfer (an upgraded transfer) through one company to avoid problems. We even got the ATOL protection so we were covered in any eventuality On the day we arrived the taxi was waiting and all looked good. The taxi took us to the wrong hotel and we were left in Berlin miles from our correct hotel late at night. We organised a taxi for ourselves to the correct hotel and paid 20 euros. When we arrived at the… Read Full Review

Broadwaytravel's Response to Adrian762's Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and im sorry for the delayed response.

If you are able to please supply me with the booking information (reference number) I will be able to give you a more specific response to your review. In the meantime all I can say at this stage is that we, as an agent work closely with suppliers that we believe are the best companies to work with and who can fulfill our clients needs and supply the best service, at the best prices. We continuously work closely with suppliers to help both them and us improve our performance. However, there will unfortunately be the odd occasional issue and when that happens we use it to improve even further and stop that issue happening again.

I am sorry you did not have the experience both you and we wished for but like I say if you can supply the reference number I can look into this specific issue and reply.

Many thanks,

Adrian762's reply to Broadwaytravel's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2014

I think it says it all to answer these points after 4 months. My booking references were (Holiday Taxis reference TDG-3074366 , they did respond well when I was able to track them down) Another reference was MAR300090. The final reference given was 3074366.

I have deleted many of the emails where I chased.

I will be interested in seeing if you are professional enough to reply to this within the normal two weeks lag (or four months in this case) from your company

You have a chance to get some kudos back from an experience that showed how bad you were

I await with interest

“Misleading”

Written on: 13/03/2014 by Coxiella (1 review written)

I will not use a travel agency never again! Completely useless. Misleading cancellation policy and travel details. Make sure you have all your travel information written before booking to avoid problems… Read Full Review

“Rubbish service”

Written on: 07/01/2014

Tried getting details of deal advertised in national paper. After 20 minutes on line gave up as no further on. Use a company who wants your business !… Read Full Review

“Never Again!!”

Written on: 14/12/2013

I had never heard of Broadway Travel before they sent me an email. I telephoned them to make sure the package holiday was exactly what I wanted as I had never booked a package before. This is where the problem started I was mislead on baggage from the start, it was not all free as told we had to pay for holdall luggage extra. Secondly we never received all the paperwork, or correct details of the hotel. I had to keep emailing them a calling was too expensive as premium tel. no. Nothing was… Read Full Review

“They Are Good until something goes wrong”

Written on: 12/12/2013

Travelled with Broadway Travel about eight times. Last time is the last time. Hotel was having building work done and working up to mid night. Didn’t take any notice of complaints, even when dropping rubble on guest whilst eating. Broadway Travel & rep did nothing to help, on the holiday or after when raised compliant in writing. Had to change hotel at my own cost. Beware if there is a problem you are on your own, as Broadway travel are only interested in taking your money! … Read Full Review

“dont bother, unless you like loads of unwanted mail!”

Written on: 04/12/2013

Useless company that keeps mailing you stupid brochures, no one seems to any use at all and the holiday wasn't anything like in the pictures and was infested with cockroaches… Read Full Review

“After sales terrible! Be very careful, or just AVOID!”

Written on: 20/09/2013

When booking everything was fine. Then Broadway Travel showed their true colours. We had asked to book 3 check-in bags 1 per couple.(6 people 3 couples) But they booked 3 bags to just one person, so Monarch policy only allow max 20kg per person even if you book 3 bags for that person. Then we paid extra for allocated seating and more room. They changed the seats on the outward flights without notice. When we tried to resolve the matter, they just wouldn't listen. We ended up paying over £100… Read Full Review

Jockshep's Comment

Written on: 28/09/2013

Wholeheartedly agree with this review. BEWARE. JUST AVOID THEM.

Written on: 07/11/2013

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I am sorry that your experience was not a satisfactory one. Without the full booking details it is very hard to comment on your specific case. If you can supply me with the booking reference number we can respond accordingly.

Many thanks,

Broadway Travel

“Customer service is always Busy”

Written on: 19/09/2013 by Gabrielagg2 (1 review written)

I have a holiday booked to Egypt. After few problems we decided that it would be a good idea and then we checked if we could change it, then we found out that we could, since we pay an extra for it. However all the time when we call to try to change it they are not available, and tell that who can do it is busy. It has been really frustrate experience with them. They are lovely and quickly to book the holiday, but as soon as it is booked look like they do not care anymore if you need change… Read Full Review

Broadwaytravel's Response to Gabrielagg2's Review

Written on: 07/11/2013

Hi,

Thank you for you feedback. Whilst we do not like to see any negative feedback, all feedback is welcome to help improve our service. Without specific details on the time you tried to call it is hard to give you a specific response as to why you couldn't get in contact with us.. What I can say is that we have worked extremely hard over the last couple of years to improve the customer experience with our after sales team and a majority of the time the response is positive from clients. I can only imagine that the time you called was unfortunately a very busy period and you were hopefully responded to at the earliest opportunity. If you can supply more information I can investigate this but I will forward the feedback onto the relevant department to try and help them improve the response times.

Best regards,

“NOT RECOMMENDED”

Written on: 17/08/2013

Tried to cancel a holiday due to unexpected illness almost 6 weeks prior to travelling, was offered 10% of total amount paid as our refund. To rearrange alternative dates would have cost us an additional 60% of our total amount originally paid. Even a name change would have been 50% of our original price. Can't believe the reviews are so wonderful, must have been written by the owners of this company. Would never recommend these even to my enemies!… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hi there,

Thank you for your review... without having specific booking information I wouldn't like to comment on your individual case. However, what I would say is that although I am extremely sorry that you suffered an unexpected illness, we do suggest and sell insurance to clients at the time of booking to cover issues such as this. Any respectable company would offer the same services. We do have terms and conditions stating how this procedure would work and the process we have to follow. The reason we have positive reviews is that we do have very few negative issues, all of our reviews are from genuine clients, hence the odd negative review will come through like yours, but we do everything we can on any issue to rectify a situation. All I can say is that insurance show cover your cancellation in most circumstances and if you require any paperwork in terms of your cancellation do not hesitate to ask if you do not already have this.

Thanks again and I do hope all is well now.

Regards,

Broadway Travel

“Broadway travel -Full of promises, no substance”

Written on: 07/06/2013 by Calvino1983 (1 review written)

On the 7th June 2013 i called teletext holidays and somehow ended up on the phone to Roxanne from broadway travel. Initially Roxanne quoted me a price which was way over the odds and not competive. I informed Roxanne that the price wasn't competitive and despite initially saying this was the best price she could offer she maricasly change her quote took my details and said she will reserve the reservation holding the room. I terminated the call consulted with my partner and called back, I spoke… Read Full Review

“Holiday Ibiza April 2013”

Written on: 05/06/2013

I booked a short holiday to Ibiza in April with Broadway Travel which included full board, late checkout (no where did it state at discretion of Hotel)and transfers. On the day the flight was great landed a little early but the transfers took 90 minutes to set off to our Hotel, once we arrived the evening meal was over so we had to go out and get a bite to eat. Not a massive deal on it's own. The previous evening prior to checking out we were told it would be late check out so we had our day… Read Full Review

“BA London City to Ibiza 24/05/13 Beware!!!!”

Written on: 10/05/2013

Due to fly to Ibiza on 24/5/13 BA from London city airport, booked beginning of Sept and have paid the balance. Went onto BA website to view my travel itinary but couldn't get on using the info given by Broadway travel, called to check I was using the right code, confirmed I was so tried again, once again couldn't get on so phoned BA customer service only to be told that despite them having mine and my partners name on file we weren't on the passenger list,panicking I said "that sounds like we… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/05/2013

Thank you for your review. Broadway expects to see both positive and negative reviews in relation to our company as we know there are always aspects of our business that we can improve on in some form, and highlighting issues can only help us improve in the future.

I would like to say this occurrence is very rare, in fact I am able to establish the exact booking immediately because it is so rare. I can only apologise on behalf of the company for the problem and can assure you that procedures have now been put in place to make sure that an issue like this does not happen again. I hope that this was resolved to your satisfaction as soon as it possibly could be and from the notes I believe this to be the case. I hope you go on to enjoy your holiday with hopefully a better review being left for us on your return.

Broadway Travel

“price isnt what they quoted...even if you go back quick!”

Written on: 17/04/2013 by nothappywithhayesandjarvis (1 review written)

had mixed experience but on the whole - there strategy seems to be to provide you with a quote and when you call back (even the same day) it has gone up. i personally would stick with Thomas Cook or one of the main stream agents...that is what i will do from now on!… Read Full Review