Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass Reviews

• Appearance

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“Absolutely fantastic bass. Great quality with only a...”

Written on: 25/04/2011

Absolutely fantastic bass. Great quality with only a few minor drawbacks. It out plays any other bass for this pice in my opinion, and it is strong enough to definately compete with made in Mexico fender's and even the odd American made... dare I say.

Body and neck are lovely (real inlays !!), and the Duncan Designed pickups are surprisingly full of tone and growl. With a few upgrades such as better pots/jack/capacitator and prehaps a higher end bridge etc down the line, you can have a bass… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2011

I totally agree with you! Been a Fender player for 30 years and now actually prefer playing my Modified.

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“Well I am probably modest because I have just started...”

Written on: 06/12/2009 by Peter S (1 review written)

Well I am probably modest because I have just started playing in the last 12 months after a rest of some 20 years. Some people (the deaf ones) say I am excellent and the others shudder. Always been a bass player and never wanted to be anything else. My main bass is a Fender marcus Miller Jazz.That's my credentials.

My opinion - They are giving this guitar away. It could have stronger pickups and a better bridge but at the price.... Just buy one. You can't go wrong at £250 - really short of… Read Full Review

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“The Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass guitar feels...”

Written on: 13/02/2009

The Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass guitar feels good, dropped the action a little bit, tones you get sound great, pretty impressed overall, beautiful guitar. Was looking for a jazz fretless, really didnt want the squier,found a great oppritunity,wouldnt change a thing, decomissioned my number 1 basses a Dean, and my 79 Fender Precision,love the feel of this bass for some reason.....a great deal… Read Full Review

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“I play normally a Les Paul bass and whilst it has a...”

Written on: 06/02/2009 by bigshed (1 review written)

I play normally a Les Paul bass and whilst it has a beautiful neck, it is extremely heavy. However I put up with this because of its sound quality and neck. Just bought the Squire Vintage Jazz bass and am delighted with the balance compared to the Les Paul and the played extremely well. Its a loveley looking instrument, striking in every way. Sound quality is good but nice as mellow as the Les Paul, however for me it does have more variety in sounds than the Les Paul. Great bass guitar, shop… Read Full Review

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“The Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass looks, and feel...”

Written on: 01/07/2008

The Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass looks, and feel are great but the balance could be better. I really like this bass!… Read Full Review

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

“This, the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, is one...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by chafinlw (1 review written)

This, the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, is one very nice looking, nice playing bass. It's my first foray into bass guitars - from classic rock lead, and I am very pleased. Between my kid and I we have 8 electrics, including Fenders, Squiers, Epiphones, Peaveys and a B.C. Rich. This is every bit as nice in workmanship and playability as any of them. I've played a Fender HWY 1 Jazz Bass since I got this, and while there is a difference between the output of the pickups on the two, it… Read Full Review