Holiday Genie www.holidaygenie.com Reviews

Media Gallery for Holiday Genie www.holidaygenie.com

Holiday Genie www.holidaygenie.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Wrong flight information resulting in missing flight”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by britishconsumer (8 reviews written)

We booked our flights with Thai airways from Flying Eagles Ltd t/a Holiday Genie.com. We received the following flight details; Flight 1 Departure Monday, 07 Apr 14 12:30 LHR Arrival Tuesday, 08 Apr 14 06:05 BKK Duration 11hr 35min Flight 2 Departure Monday, 28 Apr 14 01:10 BKK Arrival Monday, 28 Apr 14 07:15 LHR Duration 12hr 05min We were concerned about the arrival time in Flight 1 because considering the flight takes 11hr 35min plus time difference of 7hr, arrival… Read Full Review

“Poor and expensive after sale”

Written on: 22/11/2013 by lemoncurd123 (1 review written)

Booking the flight was easy, and cost £20 cheaper than other competitors. I needed a name change, which is my fault, it cost my £90, going directly to the airline would've cost me £40, but they couldn't make any changes as I booked the flight through an agent. I then needed to change my flying out date, they quoted my £150, when I said that's a bit expensive, they told to go to the airline directly it'll be cheaper, the airline again refused to make the change. The worst part, I was… Read Full Review

“Bad Service and you must confirm”

Written on: 09/07/2013

booked through holiday genie to go to Washington on united, we remember from previous experiences that on any american airline you should confirm your flight so you don't get bumped off, we spoke to united and our tickets had been voided!!!! They reinstated them thank god but you this goes to show that you MUST CHECK WITH YOUR AIRLINE THAT YOU ARE ON THE FLIGHT. We also requested meals but this time we did it through Holiday Genie, they had no idea what they were and we eventually got them to… Read Full Review

Suzanne66's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2013

i would never fly with united airlines ever. absolutley useless they seperated my whole family and even expected me to sit seperate from my 2 year old son. horribl ehorrible airline and rude staff !!!!!!!

“dont trust this company”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by darrenmarsh (2 reviews written)

Ive booked with this company on 2 occassions on both occassions weve had problems The reason why I rebooked with them again because they promised they would not make the same mistakes. I re booked in sept 2012 for 3 weeks at christams which cost £5200.00 the accomaodation was dirty the bedding had been slept in we had a dead ****** in the bed the house was running alive with ants. The pool was filthy we all got eye infections from it they charge for pool heating but it didnt work £550.00 We… Read Full Review

Darrenmarsh's Response to darrenmarsh's Review

Written on: 11/01/2013

THIS IS THE RESPONSE FROM HOLIDAY GENIE

Dear....,

Unfortunately I am out of the office until late next week and cannot talk with you so I will also be communicating via email.

We would never leave our passenger stranded as you put it and if there was any option for us to help you we would but the communication we received from Avalon was an update on your ongoing complaint in resort which they were trying to resolve. At no time did you contact us here in the UK during your stay.

We are not asked to authorize changes in accommodation as it would be the management company to deem it necessary which it seems they did not.

My customer services team are looking into every aspect of your complaint and will send you a detailed report.

I have also being sent your email where you have claimed half our customers complain about our services. This is an incorrect statement and in fact your own email has attached statements of how good we are from clients who enjoyed the holiday they booked with us.

We have today forward your file onto ABTA and we will only being dealing with you via ABTA in the future. I would normally wait for my customer services team to copile the report and resolve the issues inhouse before passing the matter onto ABTA legal team but I feel your comments are based on forums which are not legal statements but cyber gossip which can be posted by non customers of holiday genie.com

I would also like to make you aware that last year we sent over 50,000 passenger on holiday and have been trading for over 15 years as member of ABTA, ATOL and IATA so your comments whilst you are entitled to make them are completely incorrect and have forced us into this position

If you do require any further information please feel free to email me

Many Thanks

General Manager

Flying Eagles Ltd

68 George Lane

South Woodford

London E18 1LW

Direct Tel: 020 8475 7712

Fax: 020 8472 5055

“No customer services, errors in reservations.”

Written on: 20/11/2012 by BoHeMlo (1 review written)

I booked with them a trip to Argentina and I was not happy at all. I asked them a simple question and they answer me three months later when I insisted and then the answer was wrong. When we were coming back we realized that the combination flight was 5 hours later that what they have sold me. We checked it with KLM and they showed me that the reservation was never changed, it was clearly that they did the mistake. (I have the print with the time that they sold me and it clearly does not… Read Full Review

“Not great...”

Written on: 13/10/2012

Booked a one way ticket this morning - London to Sydney - Korean Airlines through Holiday Gene via Skyscanner. Foolishly I both didn't check Korean Airlines actual website for a price before booking (about £20 more). I wish I had gone with Korean Airlines themselves as Holiday Gene offer **** no refunds or flexibility with the tickets ****. After reading reviews only after booking (I know I know..), I phoned up Korean Airlines to confirm the booking their end. Spoke to an extremely… Read Full Review

Anna123's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2012

I have used holiday genie three times to go to australia and have had no problems, the e ticket is just numbers at the bottom of the invoice they email to you and noone ever asks for the ticket. We have just come back in november flight was with asiana and everything went well. Last year we flew with korean air booked through holiday genie again no problems.

“Holiday was great but flights were wrong”

Written on: 04/09/2011 by Smithyboy999 (1 review written)

Had a great holiday in Las Vegas. Our flights were booked from Manchester to Vegas via Philadelphia. Our return flight had the wrong connection giving us a overnight stay with no accomodation. We had to change the flight at a cost of $400. We have tried to communicate with HG but they dont even reply. We would not use this company again… Read Full Review

“I keep going to different parts of the world for...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

I keep going to different parts of the world for spending my vacations once in a year .. I tried different companies .. but 3 years back I came across holiday genie when I was browsing to see the travel companies .. i first time booked with them and saw the reviews afterwards here .. but when I completed my trip .. so I was glad that I made a right choice to travel with holiday genie .. after that m travelling with it .. n if I face any difficulty .. they always find the instant solution for it… Read Full Review