Yamaha Roadliner Reviews

• Reliability

Yamaha Roadliner - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha Roadliner

Yamaha Roadliner

“Best Cruiser Motorcycle Out There”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by Daves7778 (1 review written)

Amazing Torque and HP. Light Stiff frame. Low center of Gravity. Long wheelbase with room to stretch your arms and legs. Cool Retro Look. Outstanding build quality/engineering/fit and finish. This is what comes to mind when I think about my 2008 Roadliner. I know the styling is love/hate. Either you love it or hate it. I happen to love it. I comparison shopped against all the cruisers out there, particularly the Harley product line because I wanted to buy American. However, the… Read Full Review

“Good but not perfect.”

Written on: 08/06/2013 by Doug069 (1 review written)

I am 62 years old and have been riding for about 13 years. I am 6' 3" and 265 pounds. I have had three back surgeries. I put about 8000 miles a year of mostly long distance touring on my 2006 Roadliner. To achieve an acceptable level of comfort on long trips, I ditched the thin stock seat which, under hot road conditions, flattens to the point where I was essentially riding with my rear end on the frame, for a Mustang seat which gives me good comfort. I also installed 3 inch risers which… Read Full Review

Dave22929's Response to Doug069's Review

Written on: 31/10/2013

I have a roadliner and I do the routine maintenance myself. (oil changes, spark plugs, primary drive lube) I also replaced the battery with a lithium ion Shoari which I ordered online for less than $180. The guys at the independent local motorcycle shop do the tires for me, but a lot cheaper they your dealer. Next time around try the Michelin Commander II tires since they last a lot longer than the Bridgestones or Dunlaps.

“5 stars if it had a 6-speed gearbox”

Written on: 02/11/2012

The first thing you notice about the Roadliner has a well designed alloy frame that's stiff, light, and long. It gives an an unforgettable ride that's responsive yet comfortable. It places the engine/trans weight low so the 800 lb bike does not feel heavy at all. It likes cornering. The second thing you notice is the 1854 cc engine. It's torque and hp seem endless and its power delivery is smooth steady and flawless. The internal counter balances leave just a little shake to let you know it… Read Full Review

Roadliner's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2013

very accurate... I own a 2008 Roadliner I love it but I also wish for 6 speed trany,

“2006 Star Roadliner. I'm a 60 year old rider that has...”

Written on: 25/07/2009

2006 Star Roadliner. I'm a 60 year old rider that has ridden since 1970. First 3 or 4 bikes were kick start Triumph's, since then have owned 3 or 4 Japanese bikes, 2 BMW's, and 2 Harley's. This is as good a bike as I have ever owned. Starts, stops, handles great. Good paint and chrome, not quite as good as Harley, but good. Lot's more power and comfort for two up riding than my 2001 Harley Dresser was. Sometimes the styling is a little too, Star Wars for me. Pointy turn signals... (I'm… Read Full Review

“Only thing I've noticed about the Yamaha Roadliner is...”

Written on: 21/05/2009

Only thing I've noticed about the Yamaha Roadliner is the Wow is proportional to the fuel consumption. With the servo motor adjusted exhaust port, the unlimited torque begs to be used at low rpm's. Rapping off the pipes and blipping along produces a sound second to none along with the Wow of instant acceleration at any speed in any gear. Those massive pistons pump adrennalin too! It's a home run for me. I've owned 9 bikes from full dress to bare bones and Yamaha knew what we wanted when they… Read Full Review

Bubba9988's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

it has hydraulic valve lifters. How cool is that?

“The Yamaha Roadliner offers excellent handling, power,...”

Written on: 27/04/2008

The Yamaha Roadliner offers excellent handling, power, braking. Very smooth on the highway, yet, nimble around town. A home run, better than any Harley I've ever owned or ridden… Read Full Review