Triumph Rocket III Touring Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Triumph Rocket III Touring - Ask a question now

“Limited Luggage Capacity”

Written on: 28/04/2012 by Bill.Hildred (1 review written)

My previous bike was a R1200RT and i got a little stalled with the whole BMW thing and wanted something completly different. Whilst i have no problem with bike i have to say that the luggage capacity is very limited. It's very easy to let your heart rule your head when choosing a bike and the thought of luggage was not my first consideration but after the first long trip (Germany) you then realise that luggage space is a problem. A top box seemed like a good idea. I knew Triumph did not have… Read Full Review

“Wow!! Very seldom do you get more than you ask for! ”

Written on: 21/09/2011 by abwooten01 (1 review written)

Exceptional power but blown away on how it handles for a large bike! The detail and quallity of the chrome and fixtures is unbelievable! I've never been more excited to ride a bike! I have nothing against HD, but for the equal money I'll take my Triumph every time! Go get one and see what it's like!… Read Full Review

“I bought my Triumph Rocket 3 Touring from Laguna...”

Written on: 28/12/2010

I bought my Triumph Rocket 3 Touring from Laguna Motorcycles at Ashford. I traded-in my Kawasaki 1400 GTR and got a really good deal.
The people at Laguna Ashford top rate, especailly Paul and Simon.
Having previously owned a Kawasaki VN 2000 I was used to a large bike but WOW! The Rocket is in another classs for sheer power and presence. it is akin to riding your own planet as people just gravitate to the bike in utter wonderment!
The build quality appears to be exceptional and it runs like a… Read Full Review

“Recently bought a new Rocket 3 touring and I am totaly...”

Written on: 23/09/2010

Recently bought a new Rocket 3 touring and I am totaly blown away by its abilities. The thing is so quick in any gear. It will easily excellerate up from 35mph in 5th gear upto +70 in seconds, effortlessly overtaking others. Handling is surprisingly light considering it bulk. It does enjoy the juice and I dont imagine getting much past 2000miles on the rear tyre so its probably back to bulk purchase of tyres to keep prices down. Tall riders will seriously want to get the higher screen as the… Read Full Review

“Awesome power. There is no engine like it , with...”

Written on: 02/08/2010

Awesome power. There is no engine like it , with incredible torque. Thrilling to ride, a monster !!!

Handling is very good considering the weight (400 kilos) but can be a challenge at low speeds… Read Full Review

“I owned a 2009 Road King Classic. I just bought the...”

Written on: 26/06/2010

I owned a 2009 Road King Classic. I just bought the Triumph Rocket 3 Touring and I love it!! The Triumph has tons more power than the road king but what's most impressive is it's handling in slow speeds. The Road King was very top heavy compared to the Rocket 3 Touring. The Triumph is very nimble... add that with it's quick acceleration and the price compared to the Road King = I'm very very happy that I made a change!!… Read Full Review

“I stepped off a ZZR1400 as wanted less sports and more...”

Written on: 15/03/2010

I stepped off a ZZR1400 as wanted less sports and more touring capability 2 up. I tested all the obvious tourers from BMW/Honda/Kwasaki and found them all a bit dull. Very good, capable bikes but there was little excitement.
The Rocket wasnt the obvious choice but it very quickly grew on me and every ride seems like an occasion. We're planing a trip to Italy from the Uk this summer and Im really expecting to have some great fun even if the twisties through the Alps might keep me busy - but… Read Full Review

“Have just collected my new Triumph Rocket III Touring...”

Written on: 28/03/2009 by Richard Fulcher (1 review written)

Have just collected my new Triumph Rocket III Touring from North City Triumph Chigwell Essex ( who I can't rate to highly excellent service). I live in France and got such a deal in the UK what with the problems with the pound against the euro it was too good to turn down. I decided on a Rocket as usually when one has a midlife crises or in my case an end of life crises, one either has a divorce or buys a Harley. But as i love my wife and did not fancy an affair with a Road King it had to be a… Read Full Review

“Got my Triumph Rocket III Touring today swapped my...”

Written on: 24/02/2009

Got my Triumph Rocket III Touring today swapped my beemer still grinning from ear to ear. Great fun well balanced and quick. First impressions no bad points as yet. Off out to play and I might keep going bye… Read Full Review

“Triumph built a pwerful, geat handling machine, and...”

Written on: 06/07/2008

Triumph built a pwerful, geat handling machine, and I'm proud I own one. This bike is totally AWESOME. This bike is well built, and does everything it's advertised to do. It has really been better than I expected. What a ride, it's a beatiful machine!… Read Full Review

“My 2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic Tourer is...”

Written on: 11/06/2008 by ivymike (1 review written)

My 2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic Tourer is everything I read it was and more. Lots of power and torque. The handle bars are set at a good height and angle. At 21 inch seat height you won't be on your tippy toes. The brakes are smooth and sure. It handles like a smaller bike. In town riding isn't cumbersome what so ever. You DO have to remember you are riding a 750 pound bike.Shifting and clutch pull is a breeze. The looks of the bike is very nice. Freeway passing requires no down shift just… Read Full Review

“Big grins all round. Amazing road holding, far more...”

Written on: 01/06/2008

Big grins all round. Amazing road holding, far more manouverable at lower speeds than you'd expect. Always leaves you smiling… Read Full Review

“I took ownership of a new Triumph Rocket III Touring...”

Written on: 22/05/2008 by dash23 (1 review written)

I took ownership of a new Triumph Rocket III Touring on the 10th May 08, trading up from an 06 Kawasaki VN1600 Classic tourer. I purchased the bike from GT Motorcycles in St Austell.
The VN1600 is a heavy bike but not as heavy as the Rocket. However, the Rocket rides about 100lbs lighter, or so it seems. I got astride the Rocket III outside the shop and started it up. It sounds very quiet, probably too quiet for many, however, as I am looking at long distance riding, the quieter the better for… Read Full Review

Tom H's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 24/05/2008

Always good to read such a good review.<br/>How did you find the dealer in St Austell where you bought it from?

455621_Tmblweed's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 22/04/2009

I'm in the States and recently had a Vulcan 1600 Classic that I put 19,500 miles on. Today I am going to test out an 08 R3T bike, will let you know how I see it. Later

Dash23's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 27/06/2008

Hi guys,
<br/>Sorry for the late reply but I work away from home a lot and do not have access to e mail all the time. In reply to the Nomad/Rocket question I would say that the Rocket drives lighter although its heavier. Balance is an engineering design problem that I think Triumph have solved superbly in the Rocket III touring. Thats not to say that the Nomad is a bad bike. I enjoyed every mile on it. But you pay for the extra in the price of the bike, as with most things.
<br/>My Nomad was very quick for a 700lbs V twin. I had V&H dual bagger exhaust, Barron Big air kit, K&N filter and Power Commander III on it and it was a very respectable ride, However the Rocket is more comfortable, easier to drive in traffic and loads faster on the open road. In monetary terms I suppose there is an argument for the Vulcan/Nomad being a better buy but if you add the cost of the above extras theres only a couple of grand in it and with the Rocket, you do not really need to add anything to make it into a dream of a machine. I have owned many bikes but would say that the Rocket is really the first bike I have fallen in love with from the word go. It's an engineering marvel, Its stirs my soul every time I start it up. If you are in the market for a serious touring machine and you have the little bit of extra money, I think you would buy the Triumph after test driving all the alternatives. I don't have a particular penchant for a specific maker, I just know what I want from a bike and the Triumph for me has it all in one package. Its engineered for a task and it does exactly what the engineers designed it to do, in spades.
<br/>Test drive one and see.
<br/>Dave

Ivymike's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 26/06/2008

I agree with this review because...I've experienced just what the reviewer has experienced with over 5000 miles on my 2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer.

Sa1102998's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 25/06/2008

The Rocket 3 Touring sounds like my kind of bike. I would like to know how the VN 1600 compares to the R3. Would you mind elaborating on the pros and cons between the two? I have come down to two choices the new 2008 1600 Nomad and or the 2008 Rocket 3 Touring for my next bike.
<br/>Thanks Shane.

Sa1102998's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 25/06/2008

Hi I'm Shane I toook a test ride on the vn1600 Nomad I thought it was good. I have to make a choice VN1600 Nomad or Rocket 3 touring aside from the obvious power differance how did the VN stack up with the Rocket in the long distance department?

Dash23's Response to dash23's Review

Written on: 24/05/2008

Hi Tom,
<br/>I originally brought my Vulcan 1600 from GT in Plymouth and got a very good deal from St Austell against the Rocket III. They are also decent friendly people who are into bikes, not just salesmen. Important if you need to go back for anything.