Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park Reviews

Media Gallery for Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park

Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park

“Awful”

Written on: 26/11/2014

I visited both my room type, kitchen and facilites before arrival so i knew what to expect with the quality/range of facilites. As a first point, I cannot complain about the quality of my room, but I expect this is only because I am paying more money for a nicer room than the other people in my flat have been provided with. The quality of my room was fair, I don't have carpet so my floor did not contain the stains I've seen other reviews making points about. The bathroom was clean on arrival… Read Full Review

“Sub standard accomodation”

Written on: 06/05/2013

Don't move here. Really, just don't bother. I moved here in September 2012. When I first moved here I didn't know what to expect as this is the first time I've lived in student accommodation. If I was asked to write down the good and bad points, I honestly don't think I would have anything to put down for good points. When you come around on open days, they show you specific rooms that they have purposely kept in good condition and they don't show you what the rest of the place is… Read Full Review

Ccchhhh's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2013

Your absolutely right with your comments, what people can do is recind the agreement if the descriptions advertised are innacurate.

Virtual huddersfield website and the uni have describds Storthes as being close to town centre, this is enought to recind as long as you do it soon after you move in, you are also entitled to claim damages under the 1967 misrepresentation act

“your worst nightmare”

Written on: 25/03/2013 by tisco94 (1 review written)

I've been here since september 2012 and it has been the worst thing ever. firstly the website lies to you. storthes hall is nowhere near the uni. It's a 20mins bus journey to uni and 99% of th times, the buses are overpacked making you late. reasons NOT to stay at storthes: 1. it's in the middle of NOWHERE. seriously it's just located somewhere in a forest 2. there's no signal 99.999% of the time, this is no exaggeration 3. the internet is rubbish most of the time 4. the hot water and heating… Read Full Review

Jewoidjweoidjew's Response to tisco94's Review

Written on: 11/05/2013

Don't forget about how they open the pub for a few weeks and then shut it for the rest of the year but still keep it on the advertisments.

“Shocking, Disgusting accomodation”

Written on: 01/03/2013

I have lived at storthes for almost 6 months now and cannot wait to leave! The standard of the accommodation is terrible our oven is beyond cleaning and has being since we moved in, the numbers are burnt off and written on in pen because they are that tight they wont just replace it, the rest of the kitchen is pretty shabby and if you live in a flat with 8 of you you don't have enough cupboard or fridge space. The bedrooms arnt bad although they are very hot most of the time and have mold… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Awful”

Written on: 27/01/2013

Awful accommodation, seriously, stay somewhere else closer to uni. A lot of the time the hot water is off, the phone signal is non-existent, TV signal mostly sucks, they make you pay to use your own wireless router, the buses are massively over demanded; on the weekend buses are so infrequent you can't make a decent trip to town and back, so you're often stuck in this cra p hole doing not a lot. The rooms are OK, the flat as a whole (namely the kitchen) sucks. The only people who like Storthes… Read Full Review

Advisor2's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2013

Same experiance here, read the contract and demand that repairs are carried out, they have 30 days as they are bound to conduct code. if not remedied leave for breach of contract and state that repairs not being done is the reason.

the accomodation is described as quality, use this against them and demand that this criteria is met, they will defend with legal action, take advice but do look for the getout in the contract.

“THIS COULD BE YOUIR BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER”

Written on: 27/04/2012 by honestyb (1 review written)

I would like to leave no stars but this is not possible. The pictures on their website may not be a true representation of what you may get as we were conned, you might look at a nice room if you view one but they can give you any room they want and they do have really disgusting rooms. If you do not view you will probably get the disgusting rooms for sure, if you do view you may choose elswhere like over the road from the premier inn which are far better in my opinion. This place is well… Read Full Review

James93's Response to honestyb's Review

Written on: 02/11/2012

I didn't look around, got a great room. It's clean and spacious, with a great kitchen. The bus takes around 15 minutes, I've never been late for anything... The location is 5 miles and it's beautiful. You must be used to 5 star hotels or something. As accomendation goes Storthes Hall was exactly what I was looking for. Perfect for students.

Jewoidjweoidjew's reply to James93's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2013

James93 is clearly someone who works for storthes.

Honestyb2's reply to James93's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2013

I am not used to 5 star hotels as you suggest, You must have been very lucky or as the other comments view is that you work for Storthes.

Or that you may have come from a shanti town.

Read other reviews year on year and you get the true picture, every year the same issues from people worlds apart

“I would never recommend Storthes Hall. Ever.”

Written on: 24/02/2012

I have paid £50 to have the "privilege" to park my car at Storthes, thinking it would be safe. I have found my car in a state where someone has run my bonnet and stomped on the roof of my car, and my car alone. This is not a personal attack just random. Storthes accept no responsibility for the vandalism caused to my car and the CCTV camera's that over look the thousands of pounds worth of vehicles in the car park are covered by water droplets I saw when reviewing the footage with the security… Read Full Review

“Storthes Hall is just like any other student...”

Written on: 15/05/2011

Storthes Hall is just like any other student accomodation. There are problems with it, nothing is perfect but it's only a year and it is worth the chipped walls, bus journey, bad decor, a tincy bit mouldy bathroom for the amazing friends you make. With storthes hall it's very much what you make of it. If you go in trying to make friends with everyone, talking to anyone and not being to OCD about the general hygeine and small incoveniences of the place it's the best place to be. You can get… Read Full Review

“Being honest, i cannot disagree with the comments that...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

Being honest, i cannot disagree with the comments that have been made in previous reviews. Storthes is typical tatty student accomodation and the rooms do get very stuffy. However, I cant in any way say that this has effected my time here. The community and social aspects of storthes hugely out way the bad points. DBar is a right laugh, especially on Lets Get Funked. The condition of the flats and help from the maintance staff isnt great, but I personally do not let this get in the way of some… Read Full Review

“I live at Storthes for my first year at uni. And I...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

I live at Storthes for my first year at uni. And I just cannot understand people complaining about everything. You have a messy kitchen if you live with people who make this mess. And there's nothing you couldn't clean in the room. It's good to live outside the town (despite snowdays, but you can take it as fundays too lol ).
But drivers are always friendly and smileign. Reception stuff smiles even when you have a stupid problem or got a package with a comment 'sexy' on it ;DD
Of course… Read Full Review

“After looking on the website at all the pictures I was...”

Written on: 21/02/2011

After looking on the website at all the pictures I was really excited to be starting my freshers experience at storthes hall...Hugely disappointed on the move in day, I came to collect my keys and the site looked lovely until you get into the blocks where they're run down looking and have a vile stench to them. No lifts option to get to the top floor meaning you have to struggle with all your belongings up the stairs which is a pain to move in and even worse to move out.
I made the fatal error… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2011

My son had the same disgusting experience, the website shows nice clean modern accomodation that is different to reality, if you are thinking about this have a visit and you will change your mind for sure. you can get a house cheaper so it is not good value for money anyway.

The place is covered in graffiti and fire doors were not kept in good order, I did not bring his stuff back when I moved him out it all went in the skip as was inpregnated with the foul stench of Storthes. think carefully.

“Storthes hall is a nightmare, and anyone wanting to...”

Written on: 30/01/2011

Storthes hall is a nightmare, and anyone wanting to live there should just quickly change their minds. The kitchens are rotting away, as are the buildings, for near enough £1000+ for rent, they could at least have a cleaner or some form of maintenance. The security is lax and the safety there is insanely low. Door handles ripped off as a game, bedroom doors kicked through, and graffiti from other people all over. Fire alarms set off at 3am, being thrown out of your own room because someone else… Read Full Review

“As a mom dropping off my big baby boy yesturday first...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

As a mom dropping off my big baby boy yesturday first impressions were that it is clean enough, rooms are nice and big, shower room ok for ensuite.(shower curtain a bit mildew ridden but hey my sweet pea has been known to leave festering towels in a gym bag for 6 weeks!) Considering the larks etc that will happen with some of our little cherubs then I feel totally happy with the set up - pitty the cash goes off shore and is not being pumped back into the system. But staff were very nice and… Read Full Review

“Took my Step-Son up yesterday (14th September) and...”

Written on: 15/09/2010

Took my Step-Son up yesterday (14th September) and although the site looked good from the outside, My partner and I were disgusted with the state of the room and the kitchen area. Paint peeling of the walls, carpets were filthy, paint peeling off the doors, dried vomit in the bottom of the waste bin, curtains hanging off the rail (only held on by 2 hooks)...the list goes on. As for the kitchen, the floor was covered in rubish and there wasn't any space on the worktops due to dirty dishes… Read Full Review

“my son moved in yesterday, to storthes hall ...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

my son moved in yesterday, to storthes hall accommodation. the room was dismal , had big cobwebs on the ceiling and didnt look like it had been cleaned . both the kitchen and the bedroom were well used and did not look like the photographs represented on the web site. I was very disappointed for him… Read Full Review

“For my first year at University I chose to stay at...”

Written on: 28/07/2010

For my first year at University I chose to stay at Storthes Hall, at first I planned to stay at Snow Island but after speaking to a lot of people that were starting University in 2009 and having a tour around Storthes Hall Park my mind was quickly changed. I really liked the area of the accommodation, it felt like a town, a community. I moved into my room on the first weekend of September into Cinderhill, D, Flat 5, room 5. At first I was overwhelmed by moving out but knowing I had a flat of… Read Full Review

“I stayed in High Green Flat 7 and without a doubt it...”

Written on: 16/07/2010

I stayed in High Green Flat 7 and without a doubt it was the best time of my life. The people I lived with were friendly and fun to be around and long lasting friendships have been formed that will last beyond university, in fact after university I and another flatmate have decided to live together. Through my flatmates I have grown in so many different ways I have become more confident and the experiences I have been through have enriched my life. The kitchen is the main social point of the… Read Full Review

“The rooms are small with paint coming off the walls...”

Written on: 20/05/2010

The rooms are small with paint coming off the walls and stained carpets. The bathrooms are full of mould around the tiles and grout. The cleaners never turn up execept on a rare occasion to hoover the stairway outside of the flats. The fire alarms constantly go off for no reason especailly in the middle of the night. The shop is way over priced and both the shop and caash point charge to get money out. From my experiance flat mates steal your food and milk and never clean their part in the… Read Full Review

“STORTHES HALL STUDENT VILLAGE 2009/2010 ”

Written on: 18/02/2010

STORTHES HALL STUDENT VILLAGE 2009/2010
I'm currently 19, and a first year student at Storthes Hall. The good points are as follows: You meet so many people so quickly, your flatmates, your coursemates flatmates etc. The rooms are massive compared to all the other universitys that I either looked round or have friends at. There are 2 shelves, a big wardrobe, 3 drawers and a storage draw under the bed. The en-suite wet room is great for both privacy and accessability. The kitchen is big enough… Read Full Review

Ayshe's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2010

dude you say the phone signal is bad? that's bad for me ha
<br/>is it a good idea to stay in a building with the same gender or do you regret it
<br/>i just want to know because that's what it will be for me
<br/>
<br/>Ayshe

“Not bad, but definitely not worth the money. ”

Written on: 16/11/2009

Not bad, but definitely not worth the money.

You are treated like 5 year old's and the management and 99% of the staff are awful and unhelpful. We had our kitchen checked 4 times in just two weeks to make sure it was tidy, and any maintenance problems we had were not resolved for about 2 days at least.

The on site shop is disgracefully expensive and there isn't even a good choice/amount of supplies in there.

I would only recommend living here if you like to be treated like a child and… Read Full Review