Thompson & Morgan Reviews - www.thompson-morgan.com

246

Thompson & Morgan www.thompson-morgan.com - Ask a question now

“winter Clematis”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Shannon1968 (1 review written)

We ordered two winter Clematis after seeing an advertisement in a national paper for "the best winter clematis you'll ever grow". After a number of weeks we were informed that we were not able have the two plants of the type we wanted so they offered one of the variety we wanted and one that was described as similar, or our money back. We felt this was a reasonable solution so we decided to accept this. The plants, however, when they arrived were far smaller and of far inferior quality… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am very sorry for the disappointment caused when you received your order. The winter clematis Winter Beauty sold out very quickly and rather than disappoint our customers we took the decision to supply one Winter Beauty and an alternative winter clematis plant. They were advertised as plants in 7cm pots and this is the size of plant we supplied. I'm very sorry that you were expecting larger plants.

The plants you received should have arrived in perfect condition. As you were disappointed with the quality of your purchase please contact our customer care team with your order number to us and one of our agents will be more than happy to help you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if you have any further queries.

Written on: 19/11/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the plants that you received. As we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, I'd like to arrange a full refund for your clematis.

If you would like to contact our Customer Care Contact Centre,one of my colleagues will happily take care of you.

Once again, I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your plants. If you will allow us the opportunity, we'll be very happy to rectify this to your satisfaction.

With best regards,

Customer Care Agent

“Dreadful goods, service & customer support”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by davidp769 (1 review written)

We purchased (as a gift) the tower plot kit and winter clematis. The pots were broken on arrival (the packaging was intact so must have been broken before they were packed), instead of the gun-metal colour on the photo, they were a gaudy gold random splash pattern. Far from "sturdy" (their words) they were flimsy plastic, with the molding sprue still attached. It cost £10 to return them. The Clematis was due for shipment by end of September, this has changed to end October, and they now tell… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to davidp769's Review

Written on: 10/10/2016

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you have been disappointed by the resolution to your query. I have looked through each response you have received and I can see that you have been fully refunded for the goods you have received, and have been advised accordingly.

I would like to look further in to this, however, and see if I can resolve this in the best possible way. If you can please contact us again, with the photos of the products you have advised you have, and I will personally monitor this and advise accordingly. Look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards, Ryan

“Terrible quality and service”

Written on: 02/10/2016 by Lesliefp426 (1 review written)

We purchased (as a gift) the tower plot kit and winter clematis. The pots were broken on arrival (the packaging was intact so must have been broken before they were packed), instead of the gun-metal colour on the photo, they were a gaudy gold random splash pattern. Far fron "sturdy" (their words) they were flimsy plastic, with the molding sprue still attached. It cost £10 to return them. The Clematis was due for shipment by end of September, this has changed to end October, and they now tell… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/10/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry that the Tower Pots were damaged on arrival. I'm unsure as to why one of my colleagues would have encouraged you to return them (usually photos are sufficient for us to action a refund). I'd like to look into compensating you in some way for this, if you'd like to get in contact with us? I'm here both weekend days from 9am - 6pm. You can call and ask for me - I'll be happy to find a satisfying solution for you.

Regarding the Clematis, I'm sorry that we're unable to supply both plants. As I think the letter we sent you explains, the warm September we just had didn't allow for strong enough root growth in the plants. Subsequently, only half of the plants are up to a high enough standard to be released to our customers. I'll be happy to arrange a full refund for you (if this hasn't already happened).

I'm sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please do get in touch. If you will allow me, I'd like to take the opportunity to rectify this situation to your satisfaction.

Best regards,

T&M Customer Care

“utter rubbish”

Written on: 16/07/2016 by Foghat (1 review written)

The Good They did keep me informed of when the order was going to arrive. The Bad Bought a collection of Passifloras , poor quality plants, small battered and slug eaten and now it turns out they aren't even the correct items. Thompson & Morgan , an utter disgrace… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Foghat's Review

Written on: 17/07/2016

Hi, thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced with this order. If you can please provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look further in to this for you.

Jo

“Substandard product quality”

Written on: 03/07/2016 by Fastgrouse (1 review written)

Earlier this year I ordered some tomato, raspberry, fuchia berry and calundula plants... what a disappointment. The plugs arrived in a very poor wilted condition and the raspberry cane dry roots looked as if they had been found in a hedgerow. I persevered with the purchases without great success. I phoned T&M and was assured that they were a good company and they did replace some of their failures and gave me a voucher for £10 (still unused). The second set of plants were nothing special. I… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Fastgrouse's Review

Written on: 05/07/2016

Dear Fastgrouse

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

I'm very sorry that the plants you received from us have fallen below our usually high standard. We strive to provide the best possible products and level of service we can. Our aim is to respond promptly and efficiently to all comments to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction. I’m sorry that this has not been the case for you.

I'd like to investigate what happened to your plants and why we were unable to deliver them in the perfect condition they left us. If you could please provide your email confirmation reference number which looks like TM…..X I will investigate why your email has remained unanswered and answer your complaint for you.

Or if possible please supply the order number so that I can look into this for you.

I am very sorry for your disappointment.

“Geranium plug plants”

Written on: 07/06/2016 by Patrioticlady (1 review written)

A daily mail offer of 36 red geranium plug plants was ordered to form part of a red white and blue display for the queen's birthday and later the olympics. The plants arrived in poor condition , yellow and half dead having been in the post for five days. I sent a photo to T & M and asked if it was really worth potting them up. A week later a reply advised that these plants would probably be alright but offered a replacement if they failed. I potted up the 30 that had survived but eventually I… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Patrioticlady's Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

Hi, thank you for your review.

Ryan

Rhoda463's Response to Patrioticlady's Review

Written on: 10/08/2016

I too had a similar terrible experience with geranium plant order. Waiting 6 weeks before order arrived and then it was different plants entirely which were half dead and not possible to plant. After many phone calls to them and e-mails I was eventually refunded my money two months after placing order. Terrible firm to be avoided - not what they profess to be 'plant experts'. State they are endorsed by the RHS which is what persuaded me to order from them. Have now taken this up with RHS who are investigating and will let me know outcome.

“Delivery timescale”

Written on: 22/05/2016 by Faz3270 (1 review written)

Ordered phlox plants April still says awaiting stock have you any idea when these will be delivered soon be into June wanting to get them planted… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Faz3270's Review

Written on: 23/05/2016

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you are still awaiting delivery of your order.

If you could please provide me with an order number, I will be happy to look in to this for your and advise the current despatch status of your order.

Ryan

“dreadful plants”

Written on: 15/05/2016 by 204Keating (1 review written)

I ordered some plug plants for some elderly neighbours and offered to pot them on until the time came to plant them out. After being in the post 6 days they arrived all yellow and drawn some had already died. I have wasted almost £40 as cannot get the money back from neighbours as nothing to show and I could not take money form 80+ year olds. I still had some plants to arrive for hanging baskets but as now 2nd week in May it will be too late for me to plant them so have had to buy locally… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2016

Hi
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it.

I'm very sorry for the problems you had with the plug plants you ordered for your elderly neighbours. Could you please supply your order number so that I can investigate further for you?

I look forward to hearing from you so that I have the opportunity to help you further.

Anne

“Useless delivery coupled with email that didnt make sense!”

Written on: 12/05/2016 by gaz123456789 (6 reviews written)

So much for online garden company. These lot are clueless. Asked for an update for delivery timescale hoping they'd get it there within a week. Email arrines 5 days later banging on about everything about delivery eh?!… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to gaz123456789's Review

Written on: 14/05/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I'm sorry to hear that you received a late reply to your enquiry that didn't make sense.

(We do ask that you bear with us during this, the busiest period of our trading year - hence the late reply).

Is there anything I can help you with at this point?

Warm regards,

“Overpricedvery poot quality”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by Mikaelat336 (1 review written)

I only use this shower because of its affiliation with Tescos rewards vocuher scheme , the seeds are okay but they send such awful mouldy bulbbs/ broken /dead / virus plants that I have to refund 50% of them , You can get the same stuff for well under half the price anywhere else Customer service is a total joke . I can only conclude that they shift the dead or diseased cack onto Tesco rewards customers as they aren't really bothered , The brochure is good but and so is the marketing… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/02/2016

Hi

I am very sorry to learn that you did not receive your plants and bulbs in the excellent condition we sent them out to you. I'm also very disappointed to learn that our Customer Service Department did not provide you with the service you should expect from us.

Our aim is to provide home gardeners with the very best quality plants and seeds that money can buy. We're always trying hard to give our customer great value for money, which is why we always offer a fantastic range of great value special offers. Your plants should have arrived in perfect condition and I'm very sorry that this was not the case.

If you would like to provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this for you to ensure your refund has been processed and to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you again shortly.

Anne

“Great to do business with”

Written on: 23/02/2016 by aboroghene (1 review written)

Having been a customer for a number of years, the level of customer care and service leaves nothing to be desired. With every years' catalogue I am amazed at the variety , the innovative and new products and the incredibly good prices for the same.The dispatch of plants is both efficient and timely; always well packaged, strong, healthy items are delivered at the optimum for planting. Nice people and good products win, win… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to aboroghene's Review

Written on: 23/02/2016

Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your own experience with T&M.

It's lovely to hear that you've been so happy with the service we've provided you. I hope we can continue to be of service for years to come.

Anne

“Avoid this company like the plague !”

Written on: 18/12/2015

I placed a telephone order early November for a Nordmann fir Christmas tree selected from their glossy catalogue, to be delivered W/c 7th Dec. By 13th no tree had arrived ! Phoned customer services six times on successive days since then to be repeatedly told the tree had been dispatched to the couriers on 8th (they use Yodel who also have a terrible reputation). No concern from T&P customer service who failed to track the dispatch and lied to us constantly saying the tree is on its way. £65… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/12/2015

Hi

I am very sorry to learn that you did not receive your Christmas tree and our Customer service team were unable to help. If you would like to provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this for you to ensure your refund has been processed.

Natalie

“Efficient Service Excellent Plants”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by D.Manners (1 review written)

Having had my courtyard transformed I ordered plants from Thonpson & Morgan.Very pleased with the efficient service and the excellent plants .The Acer Paimatum and two Phoenix palms arrived very well packed andi in a fresh and good condition.They are a very good size and larger than I expected.Thank you… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to D.Manners's Review

Written on: 14/10/2015

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with T&M.

It's great to hear that you are delighted with your plants and had such wonderful service! I hope we can continue to be of service for years to come.

Natalie.

“mistaken identities”

Written on: 01/08/2015 by andomyn (1 review written)

I have waited two seasons for the plants to flower so have lost the order number. I ordered a collection of stocks and they turned out to be sweet Williams. At the same time I ordered 6 orange phlox, which now they have flowered turned out to be a mixed collection with no orange ones. This last one was embarrassing as I gave one to a friend who rang me this week to say it was in fact blue… Read Full Review

“Worst company ever!”

Written on: 26/06/2015 by Kajo2015 (2 reviews written)

Order "waiting on stock" for ages, then of a sudden I get part of the delivery in a crushed and opened box without warning on my door step with a mess that supposed to be plants. I rang T&M to come get the plants and to get a refund, they don't want the plants and say the refund has been done. Few days later I get a call of a very rude woman asking me what's wrong with the plants so I have to go over everything again and again and the refund was not issued as promised, they lied to me. After so… Read Full Review

“Ignore the customer”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by Edeno148 (1 review written)

The offer looked a good one according to their web site. My order of a Wisteria arrived in an appalling condition and with little signs of life. I immediately contacted Customer Service following the procedures set out by them and included a photograph of the shrub. They acknowledged my e mail but said that due to a large volume of complaints there would be a delay in responding Ten days went by and there was still no response so I tried to contact them by phone. After 15 mins I gave up in… Read Full Review

“Abysmal service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by MarkNixon (1 review written)

Received a mixed order of live plants, some of which were dead on arrival. I emailed a complaint through, including photographs and my order number. I got a response acknowledging my complaint and asking for my order number......... :( I emailed my order number back again, but no further communication has been received and all subsequent communications have been ignored. Abysmal service, but the great thing is, you don't have to put up with it. There are plenty of other companies out there… Read Full Review

“Non existent customer service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by awMurdock138 (1 review written)

I ordered some tomato plants. They arrived looking as if they had been thrown into a box with some loose compost and empty pots. They were broken and damaged beyond ever being recoverable. I emailed Thompson and Morgan and asked for a replacement or my money back. I received a standard reply saying they were taking longer than usual to reply,they were sorry about this but would reply as soon as possible. I waited two weeks and emailed again, I received the same reply. It is now over a month… Read Full Review

“Take the Money and Ignore”

Written on: 20/05/2015 by weemac14 (1 review written)

I ordered a mixture of seeds and 24 Begonia plug plants on 28/02/2015. Seeds arrived on time but email advised that plug plants would be delivered at end of April, they were delivered at beginning of April. I now have 3 left. despite several emails quoting TM1331224X I have not had a reply from their Customer Don,t Care Team. Will never purchase anything from this company again and would advise all against as well… Read Full Review

“Customer service ignore customers.”

Written on: 19/05/2015

I ordered a raspberry plant which died within two days of receipt so I emailed customer service straight away and got a standard reply, I couldn't get through on the telephone so emailed again requesting my money back and outstanding orders to be cancelled Ref TM1341022X. The response I got is There is no need to resend your email customer service is really busy and it will be dealt with. Two weeks later they sent the items I asked to be cancelled (barely alive) and have still not responded… Read Full Review