Thompson & Morgan Reviews - www.thompson-morgan.com

232

Thompson & Morgan www.thompson-morgan.com - Ask a question now

“Worst company ever!”

Written on: 26/06/2015 by Kajo2015 (2 reviews written)

Order "waiting on stock" for ages, then of a sudden I get part of the delivery in a crushed and opened box without warning on my door step with a mess that supposed to be plants. I rang T&M to come get the plants and to get a refund, they don't want the plants and say the refund has been done. Few days later I get a call of a very rude woman asking me what's wrong with the plants so I have to go over everything again and again and the refund was not issued as promised, they lied to me. After so… Read Full Review

“Ignore the customer”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by Edeno148 (1 review written)

The offer looked a good one according to their web site. My order of a Wisteria arrived in an appalling condition and with little signs of life. I immediately contacted Customer Service following the procedures set out by them and included a photograph of the shrub. They acknowledged my e mail but said that due to a large volume of complaints there would be a delay in responding Ten days went by and there was still no response so I tried to contact them by phone. After 15 mins I gave up in… Read Full Review

“Abysmal service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by MarkNixon (1 review written)

Received a mixed order of live plants, some of which were dead on arrival. I emailed a complaint through, including photographs and my order number. I got a response acknowledging my complaint and asking for my order number......... :( I emailed my order number back again, but no further communication has been received and all subsequent communications have been ignored. Abysmal service, but the great thing is, you don't have to put up with it. There are plenty of other companies out there… Read Full Review

“Non existent customer service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by awMurdock138 (1 review written)

I ordered some tomato plants. They arrived looking as if they had been thrown into a box with some loose compost and empty pots. They were broken and damaged beyond ever being recoverable. I emailed Thompson and Morgan and asked for a replacement or my money back. I received a standard reply saying they were taking longer than usual to reply,they were sorry about this but would reply as soon as possible. I waited two weeks and emailed again, I received the same reply. It is now over a month… Read Full Review

“Take the Money and Ignore”

Written on: 20/05/2015 by weemac14 (1 review written)

I ordered a mixture of seeds and 24 Begonia plug plants on 28/02/2015. Seeds arrived on time but email advised that plug plants would be delivered at end of April, they were delivered at beginning of April. I now have 3 left. despite several emails quoting TM1331224X I have not had a reply from their Customer Don,t Care Team. Will never purchase anything from this company again and would advise all against as well… Read Full Review

“Customer service ignore customers.”

Written on: 19/05/2015

I ordered a raspberry plant which died within two days of receipt so I emailed customer service straight away and got a standard reply, I couldn't get through on the telephone so emailed again requesting my money back and outstanding orders to be cancelled Ref TM1341022X. The response I got is There is no need to resend your email customer service is really busy and it will be dealt with. Two weeks later they sent the items I asked to be cancelled (barely alive) and have still not responded… Read Full Review

“very very poor quality plants .non existant customer care”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by jan929 (1 review written)

My plants arrived having been damaged in transit and then left outside my property the wrong way up . I cannot get through on the phone to complain and e mails get a standard reply that they are very busy and will respond as soon as possible this is now over a week ago . I am trying to cncel my next order with them and want a full refund. I would not advise anyone to use this company , clearly misakes do happen but they seem to have no way of rectifying those mistakes at all . … Read Full Review

“Rubbish Plants & very bad customer service”

Written on: 17/05/2015 by 159Watson (1 review written)

I have already had my Geraniums replaced as they nearly all died now my Rose Tree has died & last week the last part of my order came 5 Fushias quite badly damaged with leaves broken off & do far 1 has died I contacted them no reply so far they reckon they are busy at the moment it must be customers complaining about their plants dying it has all been a complete waste of money over £21 I will never use them again I will buy locally… Read Full Review

“6 week delivery time”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by gardener42 (1 review written)

I ordered 2 items from news paper adverts, Tree lily's and Pink Fizz climbing fuchsias. The phone operator told me that I should receive the fuchsias in around 7 days, three weeks latter I am still waiting. Trying to get through to customer service is a nightmare. After phoning at different times, and holding on for 20 minutes I am now told my order is now scheduled for delivery at the end of May. As the Lily's are bulbs and the Fuchsias are plugs, both are unlikely to grow to a decent… Read Full Review

“Fails to Deliver”

Written on: 01/05/2015

I ordered 48 plug Fuchsias from T and M - they have informed me by email that they will deliver by the end of June - if they deliver when they want to then by the time these plug plants get going the summer will be over so a complete waste of money. I have sent them 3 emails (I refuse to phone them as that will incur more charges on something that will be rendered useless due to their late delivery) and have failed to receive a response - the only response I have received is 15 very sad and… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2015

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your order and can appreciate the further frustration caused by not receiving a reply from our Customer Care team.

If you can kindly provide me with your order number and email reference code (which should look like this TM123456X) I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Natalie.

“USA catalog is useless”

Written on: 06/02/2015 by Goode21 (1 review written)

T&M was never the cheapest but it did offer plants that were simply not found anywhere else. The catalog was extensive and took several days to get though. It was fun to experiment with new and exotic plantings. I tried 50-60 seed varieties yearly rarely ordering the same thing twice. I did that for decades. It was fun. Wonderful surprises that became staples and some pure junky experiments. The seeds were not always the cheapest (I ordered my backbone garden seeds elsewhere) or the best… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2015

Hi

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately, catalogues requested for despatch outside the UK are no longer automatically added to our mailing list

In order to continue offering our customers fantastic value for money we need keep our costs to a minimum. As most of our range is advertised online, catalogues now require a payment of £3.00.

We appreciate this may cause some disappointment, however our website is regularly updated with new varieties and stock availability.

Please visit our site to purchase our catalogue and view our full range.

Happy Gardening!

PS Don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletters so you can receive exclusive special offers and sneak previews of exciting new introductions.
If there is anything further I can do to be of assistance, please get in touch. I'll be happy to help.

Natalie

Twa1's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2015

So Natilie, you are either very thick skinned or related to the CEO. I cannot imagine anybody taking so much flak and still working for such a useless and incompetent company.
TWA1

“what customer service”

Written on: 11/12/2014 by LindseyBauer136 (1 review written)

I ordered some Strawberry plants and a Blackberry. I asked for them to be delivered after a particular date but they said their system could not cope with this. The Strawberry plants arrived but with a Rasperry plant instead of a Blackberry. I contacted them and they apologised but said I would receive the Blacberry within 2/3 weeks. Guess what - no Blackberry plant. Worst service I have ever had from a plant company. Back to Browns for me… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2014

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn you did not receive the correct collection within your recent order from Thompson & Morgan. I appreciate the inconvenience this matter must have caused and I am very sorry for the disappointment you have experienced with this order.

Natalie

Doodsville's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2014

As requested I gave details. Guess what I have received another Raspberry instead of a Blackberry. Have asked for a refund - will I get it?

Doodsville's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2014

Yes I got a refund quickly and they have given me a discount on another order as a token of good will. They have given customer service as it should be. The seeds I ordered have all arrived within three days and are all correct.

“Plants arrive withered and dead”

Written on: 27/09/2014 by McCormack257 (1 review written)

I ordered 2 x hydrangea plants which arrived withered and dead in the post, I took photos and sent emailed Thompson and Morgan and they agreed to send me replacements which also arrived withered and dead. I will never use this company again… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn that your replacements have arrived in poor condition. If you can kindly provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Kind regards, Natalie.

“Special miniature pear tree”

Written on: 17/07/2014

I ordered this with several other plants; it arrived with the top broken. I was promised a replacement - that was in April - and in spite sending 5 reminder letters...nothing. Other plants ordered were of poor quality and often arrived post the promised date. Customer care is non-existant, just set of standard letters to keep clients quiet and the products are simply not up to standard. Thompson and Morgan seem to be a company struggling to keep up with their excellent web-site which leads us… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/07/2014

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your Thompson & Morgan order. I can appreciate your frustration to get in touch with things go wrong and I am very sorry that you have not received a satisfactory resolution to your complaint.

If you can kindly provide me with your order number, I will be happy to investigate this matter further.

Natalie.

“Don't buy from this company”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Islao1958 (1 review written)

I ordered a 3 foot tree from Thompson & Morgan and after 6 weeks a 12 inch dead twig turned up in a cardboard box. When I ordered the tree they offered me some plants for £1.99, which I also bought. They turned up after a couple of weeks. They weren't up to much, but I frankly couldn't be bothered to complain for the sake of £1.99. I wish I had now because when I asked for a refund for the tree they refunded the tree which was a special offer, but not the postage because I had received the… Read Full Review

“Gardenia crown jewel plants”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by Suerte (1 review written)

One had scorched leaves that were tinged brown. The other looked sad as it was yellowish. I took photos and contacted T&M. Eventually after some days I got a reply to say to see how the plants get on as sometimes during transit they may look discoloured and if they didn't improve to contact T&M who would speak to their horticulturist. In other words I was fobbed off. These plants were quite expensive. I shall be using a different supplier for my gardening needs from now on… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Suerte's Review

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of the poor conditon your order arrived in.

If you can please advise me of your order number, I will gladly look into this further for you and take the relevant action needed to resolve your query.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Suerte's reply to Thompsonmorgan's Comment

Hi,
Thank you for replying. I have been a customer of T&M for many years and never ever had any problems before. But my earlier order W5246699 bedding plants; half were withered and had died. I rang T&M as I got no response to my emails. I got offered a £5 vouchers which I accepted and whilst on the phone ordered 2 Gardenia crown jewels plants.

Well horror of horrors, when the plants arrives, they were very pot bound. One had brown burnt leaves, the other leave of more yellow than green.

Please believe me I am not a complainer. I am not afre a discount or anything like that but I could believe why these plants were sent me after my earlier (only one) complaint about bedding plants). I would have thought that someone should have said this customer was disappointed last time. We should make sure the next order is perfect.

I was very disappointed and annoyed. I have trimmed the burnt leave from one of the gardenias and not sure whether it will live or not. No doubt time will tell.

Please where are the quality checks?

Thompsonmorgan's reply to Suerte's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I can fully appreciate your frustration and disappointment with your order for the Gardenias due to the earlier issues you encountered with a previous order.

I can assure your that every batch is checked thoroughly by our quality control team, unfortunately the odd defect order may pass through without being picked up. I understand your frustration and I can confirm that this matter is being reviewed by our Management and Directors.

Due to the inconvenience that this has caused I have arranged for your order to be replaced for when stock is next available. I would expect you to receive these by the end of the month.

I hope that this has resolved your query to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance, please get in touch. I'll be happy to help.

Suerte's reply to Thompsonmorgan's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

Thank you so much. My confidence in T&M has been restored.

kind regards

Suerte's Response to Suerte's Review

Written on: 12/07/2014

Thanks to T&M who had read and acted promptly on my review, today I received a replacement of 2 most lovely gardenia plants. I am very happy now.

“Really poor service”

Written on: 23/06/2014

I think it started with a glossy mag falling out of a newspaper, plants and flowers looked great,prices seemed reasonable and the operation looked professional......; Great when you ring up to enquire as to where your goods are, but you still don't receive them until much later than estimated. Now at the end of June, (a Month late) a dried up box of busy lizzie plants, at deaths door, have now joined the rest of the tiny sick looking £75 worth of seedlings. Appologies and statements that they… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of the disappointment you have faced with the goods you have received from us.

If you can please advise me of your order number I will be able to investigate this further for you and take the relevant action at the time.

I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

“Poor Plants, hopeless packaging”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by 433Murray (1 review written)

I have ordered several items from T&M this year.. Quality control with the company appears to be non existent . Their plug plant packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I.e. Extremely poor , flimsy packaging with plants falling out of the cardboard folders on arrival. It always seems to be the case that you will get two or three plants of a decent size with the rest of the plants being weak and tiny compared to the better ones. It has happened so regularly that it makes me think they push out… Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of the disappointment you have faced with your order this year.

I can assure you that every batch is checked thoroughly by our quality control team, unfortunately the odd defect order may pass through without being picked up. I understand your frustration and disappointment this has caused.

If you can please advise me of your order number, I will gladly investigate this further for you and take the relevant action towards your order.

I apologise for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Tyndrummer's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2014

I note your comments regarding your quality control team but it would appear to me that too many poor plants are passing by unchecked only to arrive in poor condition either dead, slimey and rotten and an odd one looking as if it might grow if I'm lucky. My order W5110056 had dianthus crimson ring giant plug plants. Two were basically dead, two were iffy if they would grow at all, which they haven't, leaving one that may grow and certainly not what I would call giant plug plants. I also had 3 bare rooted geraniums, double flower collection, two are struggling to produce leaves, the third still shows no sign of growth. I have had cause to complain about dead or plants missing from the poor packaging through the post through this season. I have previously said I will never buy one more thing from T &M and nothing will change my mind.

Written on: 01/07/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your reply providing the additional information.

I again apologise for the poor quality goods you have received from us this year.

Due to the disappointment and frustration that this has caused I have refunded both the Carnation Crimson Rim and Geranium Hardy Collection back to the original payment card. I would expect you to receive your refund in the next few days.

Furthermore, your feedback has been passed on throughout the company. This is greatly welcomed. I can assure you that our Managers and Directors are aware that there are issues that need addressing and we will do our best to rectify these issues in a timely manner.

Tyndrummer's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

Thank you. Here's hoping what you say happens sooner rather than later because it seems you have a high percentage of customers who have the same opinion as me. T & M have lost more than me this year.

“Why do I have to award a Star”

Written on: 20/06/2014 by Sariahb65 (1 review written)

I ordered Voodoo geraniums in February. The delivery consisted of Fuschia plants eventually the Voodoo plants arrived dead on arrival with a note of apology. I called the helpline to try to get replacements and was told some would be sent. At the end of May when they had not arrived I contacted the helpline yet again, after interminable distorted music I finally was told that I should never have been told that replacements would be sent as there were none left and I would be sent a voucher. No… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2014

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn of the disappointment you have encountered with your recent Thompson & Morgan order. I appreciate the further frustration that has been caused by not receiving helpful advice from our Customer Care team.

If you would like to provide me with your order number, I will be happy to investigate this matter further for you.

Kind regards, Natalie.

“I ordered 72 of the new 'Devine T&M's Choice' Busy...”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by MG84 (1 review written)

I ordered 72 of the new 'Devine T&M's Choice' Busy Lizzies from Thompson & Morgan and I am very disappointed with them. Most of the plug plants died after I potted them up and even now they are in their final positions in the garden they are still dying. I have tried everything to keep him alive but to no avail. I think I will stick to buying normal Busy Lizzies in future. Emailed T&M but they haven't responded… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to MG84's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi, thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the Busy Lizzie plug plants.

Normally we expect very high, if not, 100% success in the potting on process. However in a small amount of cases, weak plants or plants that are damaged during the potting on process can fail.

Cold and wet soils are the main cause of slow growth or young plant failure. However, plants can fail due to a number of reasons, including water stress by over or under watering, lack of natural light, the type of compost used, general handling or fluctuating temperatures.

If you could provide me with your order number I will be more than happy to arrange for a refund for you.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Joe

Mg84's reply to Thompsonmorgan's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2014

Hi, my order # is: W5033076

Regards

Thompsonmorgan's reply to Mg84's Comment

Hi,

Thank you for providing the additional information.

As my colleague mentioned in our previous correspondence, we have now actioned a refund for your order back to the original payment card. I would expect you to receive this in the next few days.

I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and if I can be of any further assistance, please get in touch. I'll be happy to help.