Thompson & Morgan Reviews - www.thompson-morgan.com

240

Thompson & Morgan www.thompson-morgan.com - Ask a question now

“Delivery timescale”

Written on: 22/05/2016 by Faz3270 (1 review written)

Ordered phlox plants April still says awaiting stock have you any idea when these will be delivered soon be into June wanting to get them planted… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to Faz3270's Review

Written on: 23/05/2016

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you are still awaiting delivery of your order.

If you could please provide me with an order number, I will be happy to look in to this for your and advise the current despatch status of your order.

Ryan

“dreadful plants”

Written on: 15/05/2016 by 204Keating (1 review written)

I ordered some plug plants for some elderly neighbours and offered to pot them on until the time came to plant them out. After being in the post 6 days they arrived all yellow and drawn some had already died. I have wasted almost £40 as cannot get the money back from neighbours as nothing to show and I could not take money form 80+ year olds. I still had some plants to arrive for hanging baskets but as now 2nd week in May it will be too late for me to plant them so have had to buy locally… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2016

Hi
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it.

I'm very sorry for the problems you had with the plug plants you ordered for your elderly neighbours. Could you please supply your order number so that I can investigate further for you?

I look forward to hearing from you so that I have the opportunity to help you further.

Anne

“Useless delivery coupled with email that didnt make sense!”

Written on: 12/05/2016 by gaz123456789 (6 reviews written)

So much for online garden company. These lot are clueless. Asked for an update for delivery timescale hoping they'd get it there within a week. Email arrines 5 days later banging on about everything about delivery eh?!… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to gaz123456789's Review

Written on: 14/05/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I'm sorry to hear that you received a late reply to your enquiry that didn't make sense.

(We do ask that you bear with us during this, the busiest period of our trading year - hence the late reply).

Is there anything I can help you with at this point?

Warm regards,

Richard

“Overpricedvery poot quality”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by Mikaelat336 (1 review written)

I only use this shower because of its affiliation with Tescos rewards vocuher scheme , the seeds are okay but they send such awful mouldy bulbbs/ broken /dead / virus plants that I have to refund 50% of them , You can get the same stuff for well under half the price anywhere else Customer service is a total joke . I can only conclude that they shift the dead or diseased cack onto Tesco rewards customers as they aren't really bothered , The brochure is good but and so is the marketing… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/02/2016

Hi

I am very sorry to learn that you did not receive your plants and bulbs in the excellent condition we sent them out to you. I'm also very disappointed to learn that our Customer Service Department did not provide you with the service you should expect from us.

Our aim is to provide home gardeners with the very best quality plants and seeds that money can buy. We're always trying hard to give our customer great value for money, which is why we always offer a fantastic range of great value special offers. Your plants should have arrived in perfect condition and I'm very sorry that this was not the case.

If you would like to provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this for you to ensure your refund has been processed and to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you again shortly.

Anne

“Great to do business with”

Written on: 23/02/2016 by aboroghene (1 review written)

Having been a customer for a number of years, the level of customer care and service leaves nothing to be desired. With every years' catalogue I am amazed at the variety , the innovative and new products and the incredibly good prices for the same.The dispatch of plants is both efficient and timely; always well packaged, strong, healthy items are delivered at the optimum for planting. Nice people and good products win, win… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to aboroghene's Review

Written on: 23/02/2016

Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your own experience with T&M.

It's lovely to hear that you've been so happy with the service we've provided you. I hope we can continue to be of service for years to come.

Anne

“Avoid this company like the plague !”

Written on: 18/12/2015

I placed a telephone order early November for a Nordmann fir Christmas tree selected from their glossy catalogue, to be delivered W/c 7th Dec. By 13th no tree had arrived ! Phoned customer services six times on successive days since then to be repeatedly told the tree had been dispatched to the couriers on 8th (they use Yodel who also have a terrible reputation). No concern from T&P customer service who failed to track the dispatch and lied to us constantly saying the tree is on its way. £65… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/12/2015

Hi

I am very sorry to learn that you did not receive your Christmas tree and our Customer service team were unable to help. If you would like to provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this for you to ensure your refund has been processed.

Natalie

“Efficient Service Excellent Plants”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by D.Manners (1 review written)

Having had my courtyard transformed I ordered plants from Thonpson & Morgan.Very pleased with the efficient service and the excellent plants .The Acer Paimatum and two Phoenix palms arrived very well packed andi in a fresh and good condition.They are a very good size and larger than I expected.Thank you… Read Full Review

Thompsonmorgan's Response to D.Manners's Review

Written on: 14/10/2015

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with T&M.

It's great to hear that you are delighted with your plants and had such wonderful service! I hope we can continue to be of service for years to come.

Natalie.

“mistaken identities”

Written on: 01/08/2015 by andomyn (1 review written)

I have waited two seasons for the plants to flower so have lost the order number. I ordered a collection of stocks and they turned out to be sweet Williams. At the same time I ordered 6 orange phlox, which now they have flowered turned out to be a mixed collection with no orange ones. This last one was embarrassing as I gave one to a friend who rang me this week to say it was in fact blue… Read Full Review

“Worst company ever!”

Written on: 26/06/2015 by Kajo2015 (2 reviews written)

Order "waiting on stock" for ages, then of a sudden I get part of the delivery in a crushed and opened box without warning on my door step with a mess that supposed to be plants. I rang T&M to come get the plants and to get a refund, they don't want the plants and say the refund has been done. Few days later I get a call of a very rude woman asking me what's wrong with the plants so I have to go over everything again and again and the refund was not issued as promised, they lied to me. After so… Read Full Review

“Ignore the customer”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by Edeno148 (1 review written)

The offer looked a good one according to their web site. My order of a Wisteria arrived in an appalling condition and with little signs of life. I immediately contacted Customer Service following the procedures set out by them and included a photograph of the shrub. They acknowledged my e mail but said that due to a large volume of complaints there would be a delay in responding Ten days went by and there was still no response so I tried to contact them by phone. After 15 mins I gave up in… Read Full Review

“Abysmal service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by MarkNixon (1 review written)

Received a mixed order of live plants, some of which were dead on arrival. I emailed a complaint through, including photographs and my order number. I got a response acknowledging my complaint and asking for my order number......... :( I emailed my order number back again, but no further communication has been received and all subsequent communications have been ignored. Abysmal service, but the great thing is, you don't have to put up with it. There are plenty of other companies out there… Read Full Review

“Non existent customer service”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by awMurdock138 (1 review written)

I ordered some tomato plants. They arrived looking as if they had been thrown into a box with some loose compost and empty pots. They were broken and damaged beyond ever being recoverable. I emailed Thompson and Morgan and asked for a replacement or my money back. I received a standard reply saying they were taking longer than usual to reply,they were sorry about this but would reply as soon as possible. I waited two weeks and emailed again, I received the same reply. It is now over a month… Read Full Review

“Take the Money and Ignore”

Written on: 20/05/2015 by weemac14 (1 review written)

I ordered a mixture of seeds and 24 Begonia plug plants on 28/02/2015. Seeds arrived on time but email advised that plug plants would be delivered at end of April, they were delivered at beginning of April. I now have 3 left. despite several emails quoting TM1331224X I have not had a reply from their Customer Don,t Care Team. Will never purchase anything from this company again and would advise all against as well… Read Full Review

“Customer service ignore customers.”

Written on: 19/05/2015

I ordered a raspberry plant which died within two days of receipt so I emailed customer service straight away and got a standard reply, I couldn't get through on the telephone so emailed again requesting my money back and outstanding orders to be cancelled Ref TM1341022X. The response I got is There is no need to resend your email customer service is really busy and it will be dealt with. Two weeks later they sent the items I asked to be cancelled (barely alive) and have still not responded… Read Full Review

“very very poor quality plants .non existant customer care”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by jan929 (1 review written)

My plants arrived having been damaged in transit and then left outside my property the wrong way up . I cannot get through on the phone to complain and e mails get a standard reply that they are very busy and will respond as soon as possible this is now over a week ago . I am trying to cncel my next order with them and want a full refund. I would not advise anyone to use this company , clearly misakes do happen but they seem to have no way of rectifying those mistakes at all . … Read Full Review

“Rubbish Plants & very bad customer service”

Written on: 17/05/2015 by 159Watson (1 review written)

I have already had my Geraniums replaced as they nearly all died now my Rose Tree has died & last week the last part of my order came 5 Fushias quite badly damaged with leaves broken off & do far 1 has died I contacted them no reply so far they reckon they are busy at the moment it must be customers complaining about their plants dying it has all been a complete waste of money over £21 I will never use them again I will buy locally… Read Full Review

“6 week delivery time”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by gardener42 (1 review written)

I ordered 2 items from news paper adverts, Tree lily's and Pink Fizz climbing fuchsias. The phone operator told me that I should receive the fuchsias in around 7 days, three weeks latter I am still waiting. Trying to get through to customer service is a nightmare. After phoning at different times, and holding on for 20 minutes I am now told my order is now scheduled for delivery at the end of May. As the Lily's are bulbs and the Fuchsias are plugs, both are unlikely to grow to a decent… Read Full Review

“Fails to Deliver”

Written on: 01/05/2015

I ordered 48 plug Fuchsias from T and M - they have informed me by email that they will deliver by the end of June - if they deliver when they want to then by the time these plug plants get going the summer will be over so a complete waste of money. I have sent them 3 emails (I refuse to phone them as that will incur more charges on something that will be rendered useless due to their late delivery) and have failed to receive a response - the only response I have received is 15 very sad and… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your order and can appreciate the further frustration caused by not receiving a reply from our Customer Care team.

If you can kindly provide me with your order number and email reference code (which should look like this TM123456X) I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Natalie.

“USA catalog is useless”

Written on: 06/02/2015 by Goode21 (1 review written)

T&M was never the cheapest but it did offer plants that were simply not found anywhere else. The catalog was extensive and took several days to get though. It was fun to experiment with new and exotic plantings. I tried 50-60 seed varieties yearly rarely ordering the same thing twice. I did that for decades. It was fun. Wonderful surprises that became staples and some pure junky experiments. The seeds were not always the cheapest (I ordered my backbone garden seeds elsewhere) or the best… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2015

Hi

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately, catalogues requested for despatch outside the UK are no longer automatically added to our mailing list

In order to continue offering our customers fantastic value for money we need keep our costs to a minimum. As most of our range is advertised online, catalogues now require a payment of £3.00.

We appreciate this may cause some disappointment, however our website is regularly updated with new varieties and stock availability.

Please visit our site to purchase our catalogue and view our full range.

Happy Gardening!

PS Don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletters so you can receive exclusive special offers and sneak previews of exciting new introductions.
If there is anything further I can do to be of assistance, please get in touch. I'll be happy to help.

Twa1's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2015

So Natilie, you are either very thick skinned or related to the CEO. I cannot imagine anybody taking so much flak and still working for such a useless and incompetent company.
TWA1

“what customer service”

Written on: 11/12/2014 by LindseyBauer136 (1 review written)

I ordered some Strawberry plants and a Blackberry. I asked for them to be delivered after a particular date but they said their system could not cope with this. The Strawberry plants arrived but with a Rasperry plant instead of a Blackberry. I contacted them and they apologised but said I would receive the Blacberry within 2/3 weeks. Guess what - no Blackberry plant. Worst service I have ever had from a plant company. Back to Browns for me… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2014

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn you did not receive the correct collection within your recent order from Thompson & Morgan. I appreciate the inconvenience this matter must have caused and I am very sorry for the disappointment you have experienced with this order.

If you can kindly provide me with your order number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Doodsville's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2014

As requested I gave details. Guess what I have received another Raspberry instead of a Blackberry. Have asked for a refund - will I get it?

Doodsville's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2014

Yes I got a refund quickly and they have given me a discount on another order as a token of good will. They have given customer service as it should be. The seeds I ordered have all arrived within three days and are all correct.