Nokia 6510 Reviews

Nokia 6510 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nokia 6510

“it good”

Written on: 06/04/2012

i want nokia 6510 panel and body of it so plz tell,where shoud i buy this from i not getting idea.i love this phone using,because it is so small in size and it adjest in hand… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“Nokia 6510 - It wa the second Nokia phone I owned. I...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by wilber (7 reviews written)

Nokia 6510 - It wa the second Nokia phone I owned. I chose the brown one as I felt the black one was awful. The phone has rather useful and good functions except that it gets a little unstable when there are many items stored in the calendar and archive and folders. The handshaking welcome animation goes off after I start saving quite a lot of things in the above-mentioned functions. The radio function is very useful, but the reception of the radio functions seems to be quite lousy at places… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“This Nokia 6510 mobile phone handset has some lovely...”

Written on: 01/04/2004 by quadred (1 review written)

This Nokia 6510 mobile phone handset has some lovely features. The unusual green tint high def screen is very cool and easy to read. The Nokia menu system is to its usual high standard and it is very light and small.

However, the problems are niggling. Reception is generally poor and the handset often has to be turned on and off for it to reacquire a signal. It also hangs every so often.

Overall, an ok phone. but it has been surpassed both in terms of size and features by now… Read Full Review

Csr576's Response to quadred's Review

Written on: 05/07/2004

I find the battery life on this phone to be great! Over 3 hrs talktime in one go!! Also - it's still ONE of the smallest Nokias made - but yes it has had its share of software issues - though latest 4.21 Nokia firmware isn't too bad.

Nokia 6510

“This Nokia 6510 is higly recommended by me ...... i...”

Written on: 21/01/2004 by ShOaiB35 (1 review written)

This Nokia 6510 is higly recommended by me ...... i use my latop (IrDA port)to surf internet and orginize my nokia mobile phone. Battery life it to good. Up to 6-7 days and talk time is a little shy of three hours, which seems perfect for a user like me… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“I bought the Nokia 6510 phone recently from the...”

Written on: 15/11/2003 by Snookiewaldz (12 reviews written)

I bought the Nokia 6510 phone recently from the leading cellular network in my country at a very good price (40% lesser when it was first introduced in the market) with a seal still intact and with an aroma of fresh from the factory. In fact there are many Nokia non-color handsets to choose from at a lower price but I picked this one from the rest 'coz it really appeals me. Obviously, the company is quite in a hurry to dispose this kind of phones from their inventory. Well, color phones had… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“My Nokia 6510 is Slowly dying as the sign-on tick no...”

Written on: 07/11/2003 by Amstel (1 review written)

My Nokia 6510 is Slowly dying as the sign-on tick no longer displays after 12 months and now the clock has gone missing off the main screen too. Of course it is not under warranty anymore and is not listed as a current phone on nokia.com.au!

NOT IMPRESSED.

At least when there was a problem with the 8210 displays mine was replaced free of charge way after warranty expiration… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“The Nokia 6510 is infuriating when it switches itself...”

Written on: 15/10/2003 by christian (1 review written)

The Nokia 6510 is infuriating when it switches itself off when writing texts, then switches itself back on and you have to re-write the whole text. I've had it for about 9 months and this has gone on for a while now. It has limited text message space and the inbox has poor memory. However, it is small, light, easy to use and doesn't look offensive… Read Full Review

Jeffcav's Response to christian's Review

Written on: 08/11/2003

The switching off problem is a software problem , take it into your nearest nokia shop they will update your software free , it takes about 4 hours, you drop it off in the mornin and pick it up in the afternoon.

Nokia 6510

“I'm not one to dispense accolades easily, but this...”

Written on: 21/08/2003 by Pyromania42 (1 review written)

I'm not one to dispense accolades easily, but this little phone really is quite excellent. Most of the reviews that do not give this phone high marks complain about the fact that it's not enough of a toy. They want to compose ring tones, take pictures with it, play videogames, etc.

Personally, I buy a phone to make phone calls and write text messages. And the 6510 is the most reliable phone I have ever owned (memories of my ericsson phones make me shudder).

All the features are well… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“I have had the Nokia 6510 for a year. I owned the 3210...”

Written on: 16/07/2003 by Dias. (1 review written)

I have had the Nokia 6510 for a year. I owned the 3210 before that, amazing, die-hard machine. This one is small, light, pretty but very expensive, even now that it is obsolete and you can get twice the stuff at the same price!
5 months in use, one day it chose not to let me access the catalog, though it recognised people when they called me. The official Nokia service charged me 17 euros (about 11 pounds) even though the warranty was valid and the fault was obviously not mine. The result: I… Read Full Review

Arungk2's Response to Dias.'s Review

Written on: 11/08/2003

the 6510 has the best array of business features.
<br>but as it is mono colour it is outdated. yes while using wap my 6510 crashed many times.the problem was solved by a software update free of cost at the nokia centre.i have sold my 6510 and taken whatever i got for it.

Amstel's Response to Dias.'s Review

Written on: 12/11/2003

My Nokia 6510 also locks up when using sms to text a message and is very annoying to have to turn off and start all over again. The thing also likes to lock up and turn off doing a reset for no apparent reason unless it is the network sending out some sort of reset signal. DUNNO
<br>
<br>My 8210 used to do similar things until the keypad and screen were replaced. The blue screen is ok at night but in the day it is too dull to use. Why are the earpieces still so awkward? need some that actually fit peoples ear and not cause earaches when used for extended periods listening to radio! Manufacturers need to look at this valid comment. Some features are missing that my 8210 still does such as send an sms to a printer or computer via infrared port. Very handy when one has harassing sms and needs to log work ones also. Please NOKIA put this feature back on business phones. Pity did not find this out until i bought it. The plastic dummies in the store are next to useless to ascertain the actual features available and brochures don't help let alone ask a salesperson! An analog clock is much better as a screen saver than a tiny digital one in the corner. When it is dark one can always tell the time by where the hands are but try and read the 6510 digital clock even with the blinking light on for us who are losing our sight as we get older!!!!!
<br>Cheers
<br>Hans-Robert.

Pyromania42's Response to Dias.'s Review

Written on: 21/08/2003

Hmm, bad luck on servicing. Overall though the phone is excellent, does all it's supposed to do and more, extremely reliably. Not the newset phone, but the best of its kind.

Nokia 6510

“I've had my nokia 6510 for about 9 months and i'm sick...”

Written on: 04/06/2003 by paula. (1 review written)

I've had my nokia 6510 for about 9 months and i'm sick of it switching itself off in the middle of writing a text then turning itself back on but then you have to write the whole message again. It happens too many times. When opening the inbox it takes a lifetime, very slow. Would not recommend this model. My contact is soon up and i will definately be getting a different type… Read Full Review

Richardh.'s Response to 104203_paula.'s Review

Written on: 30/06/2003

Yes, I agree. Also switches off if you open a text message and another one arrives as you do it.
<br>I'm also disappointed with the way the cover has worn - all the corners have rubbed away, as well as the seams between front and back covers. I know you can replace the covers, but at ££££. Reception doesn't seem as good as my daughter's 3410.

Nokia 6510

“I've had the Nokia 6510 for almost six months now. I...”

Written on: 24/05/2003 by Kat.. (1 review written)

I've had the Nokia 6510 for almost six months now. I have to admit, I never had any problems with it. With me being a Nokia user already, it only took a couple of days to get used to its new features. I have to admit, I miss the ringtone composer that my previous Nokia had, but that's a minor point when I consider what a reliable, stylish phone this is. Lightweight, small, user-friendly, good for fast texting, good reception, high resolution screen, fast internet access.
Put it this way: I… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“best mobile i ever had. contains all the features of...”

Written on: 18/04/2003 by rock. (1 review written)

best mobile i ever had. contains all the features of any mobile… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“This is the phone for all, it's light, good vibration,...”

Written on: 21/03/2003 by One man army. (1 review written)

This is the phone for all, it's light, good vibration, cool light and a typical phone for all !!… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“I was really looking forward to this Nokia 6510 for...”

Written on: 06/03/2003 by bart. (1 review written)

I was really looking forward to this Nokia 6510 for the design, but the design is all thats good. This is a very bad phone, very slow, bad battery, not much features. If you are thinking of buying this phone, take a look at the sony ericsson T600 its about the same size but its much better. I have them both and i really think the 6510 is not worth much… Read Full Review

86843_Darkus.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 07/04/2003

The above review is pants, he must be talking about the wrong phone. I have had the phone for a year now and it is the best phone i have had so far. It aint slow, the battery can last for over a week without charge and it has loads of features. How about the FM radio? vibrate mode? multiplayer games? pffffft.

Moley's Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 14/09/2003

hmm...
<br>
<br>I've had a 6510 for a year (until it got nicked!).
<br>I didn't problems with with mine. Great phone. Definately better than the 8310. You should've sent yours back if you had problems with it.

Pyromania42's Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 21/08/2003

The 6510 battery lasts forever, the features are excellent (remember what you buy a phone for, and this Nokia does all of that and then some excellently), and is super reliable.

Mik.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2003

The only problem I have is that about 2x per month it turns itself off for no reason. Can be middle of writing a txt or using WAP. Probably needs to have it's firmware updated. It's V4.12 which seems to have most the bugs fixed. type *#000# or *#9999# to find yours.
<br>
<br>Otherwise very good, especially at keeping hold of a signal.

102817_Jassi.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 31/05/2003

Well I'll have to agree with the others here too, cause i've been using all sorts of phones in the last 5 years here at India from Motorolas to Panasonic ...... to finally the Nokia 6510. Great phone, which is worth the money you pay for. A no nonsense phone which keeps doing its job for months without a glitch. Mind you a phone which lasts that long here at India has to be real good cause the signals are bad, the envoirnment is rough yet this one stands out. One minor thing being that the rear console seems a bit loose even when new, a bit tacky. Apart from that its good.

97345_Big D.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

A bit bizarre review cos i've had my 6510 for bout a year and its pretty good.i've had loads of different fones like ericsson and samsungs but this is the best one so far.I inverted my screen colours and now its even better to look at and i also changed the led lights on the key pad to white cos they light up brighter.top fone. my bro and girlfriend also have one as well

93916_Neilalex.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2003

Whoever wrote this review plainly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Master_Piece.'s Response to 77857_bart.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2003

According to your comment, it doesn't make any sense cause i been using this phone for 1 year. No problems at all......PERFECT !!!

Nokia 6510

“In general this phone is very reliable and i have had...”

Written on: 04/03/2003 by Dan. (1 review written)

In general this phone is very reliable and i have had no major problems except the ones i have mentioned, but my girlfriend has had a lot more problems with hers. For instance saying theres no reception when it has a full signal and displaying the networks name, also it keeps cutting off in mid calls and taking forever to turn back on, this is her third phone from nokia and is still having problems. If anyone has had any of these dificulties could you please either reply here i would be most… Read Full Review

80104_Hoppy.'s Response to 77314_Dan.'s Review

Written on: 15/03/2003

Th3 6510 is similar to the 8310. The 6510 has a better calendar display and an electronic wallet (fine if you do internet banking). If you enter *#0000# into your 'phone you will get the software version. My 'phone is running V 05.06 07-03-02 and occasionally crashes when I am writing an SMS message and I lose all that I have entered for that message. It doesn't happen often and I find it best to frequently COLD start your 'phone by powering it off, waiting, then powering it back on at least once per week. It's like any computer, it occasionally gets its knickers in a twist and a cold start loads the software afresh. Otherwise my 8310 is running okay. I imagine the 8310 and 6510 have very similar software. I know my software is not the latest and there is a later version available V 05.11 27/05/02.
<br>
<br>Think about getting your 'phone's software flashed-up at a Nokia Care Centre.

101642_Reis.'s Response to 77314_Dan.'s Review

Written on: 27/05/2003

I've had the 6510 since Jul last yr. It seemed fine for the 1st 3 months then the problems came. It will auto-reboot when a few SMS comes in at once or when I'm composing a new SMS. There are other symptons as well but overall it just hangs or give me a "blue screen of death" similar to WinNT 4. It's most annonyin at times. Overall, it has great features but I just wished it hasnt hung so much.

101432_Fones4Me.'s Response to 77314_Dan.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

My 6510 crashes too often! It is so annoying...I just can't be bothered to txt people anymore, because when it crashes all I have inputed are GONE! It is very strange...I don't trust nokia with their software anymore...most of my friends had nokia 8310, but they all BROKE..my mum's 3310 is also broken! Lucky I am getting a new contract soon...i want to get rid of this awful 6510...It is so slow...when you try to open your inbox...have to wait for 10 years...I guess the memory is too low...MAYBE NOKIA company should go back to their CELLs and investigate the problems before they sell more! HUM! Sad isnt it? I always had Nokia...but now its time for a change...

Nokia 6510

“This is the best phone I've had! It gave my money so...”

Written on: 06/02/2003 by ziggyboy. (1 review written)

This is the best phone I've had! It gave my money so much value because of its features and size! It has all the features I've been looking for in the 6310 but without the big bulky size. I've always wanted to get the 6310 but I never liked its large size. It's also not as small as the 8310 and the 8250...the size is just right for me!… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“This is one of the best phones I have ever owned! This...”

Written on: 10/01/2003 by matt. (1 review written)

This is one of the best phones I have ever owned! This phone is a pleasure to own, it is so small. Unlike other nokia phones, this one stands out because not so many people own one. The blue screen looks smart. Apart from a small bug (that occasionally causes it to reset itself) This phone has had no problems. I would definently recommend it… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“Very handy phone everything you really need in a...”

Written on: 14/12/2002 by GOONER. (1 review written)

Very handy phone everything you really need in a mobile, except Bluetooth for heavy buisness users. The phone also has good features with 4 quality games, FM radio and WAP mobile internet… Read Full Review

Nokia 6510

“I just got the 6510 few days ago and it's a very nice...”

Written on: 13/12/2002 by RBC. (1 review written)

I just got the 6510 few days ago and it's a very nice phone and looks elegant, very lightweight and small… Read Full Review

66381_Alex.'s Response to 57642_RBC.'s Review

Written on: 19/01/2003

Hi... I've got a question that has been stuck in my mind for almost about a year. Since you said this phone is better than an 8310, I assume you've had an 8310. Anyway, I'm only 14 years old and from July, I've been saving up my allowance to buy a 6510. However, I couldn't make up my mind wether I should buy a 6510 or 8310. My friends say I should get an 8310 'cuz it has a younger look, but some of my friends say I should get a 6510 because of its features. To me, the looks and features count, but now I can't figure out what I want. In your opinion, please tell me what I should get. Thank you.

99811_Rich.'s Response to 57642_RBC.'s Review

Written on: 20/05/2003

you should get the 6510 aS ITS more stable and reliable than the 8310! the 8310 has many software problems so steer clear!

Nokia 6510

“I copied my phonebook from the phone to my sim card...”

Written on: 12/12/2002 by Carlo. (1 review written)

I copied my phonebook from the phone to my sim card and not all numbers was transfer to the sim. I have a total of 150 number and only 96 was copied. My sim can store upto 250 numbers. I tried to test it using another sim but got the same result. After discharging the battery and recharge it for about 8 hrs while the phone is off, the phone clock is no longer synchronize. This phone is not that perfect!!… Read Full Review