Process C-22 Old Film Processing Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Process C-22 Old Film Processing - Ask a question now

“sent film 2009 before my 80 yr old father dies sent C22 ”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by RJ68 (1 review written)

Sent x 2 cc22 films in 2009.I originally got a letter to say the fil was being processed and then after enless emails and a christmas card and begging as wanted my mother and learning disabled brother to get the film... my father sadly died in 2010 and never got to see the fil from the 60s of his son in London. I have felt so angty and sad .. I have beggged and begged and written cards to beg again and to no avail. Rachel Batterham uk Watlington norfolk… Read Full Review

“STILL WAITING 2 YEARS LATER”

Written on: 22/02/2014 by Richardmartin82 (1 review written)

I sent a very old film off in February 2012, we received a letter informing us it was there and could be done ok. We was then sent another letter informing us it was ready and payment was due. Unfortunately I misplaced this letter. I have emailed numerous amounts of time, written letters, even driven all the way to Margate to get some kind of answer/communication/another letter even my film but have not had one single response! I'm very very disappointed. This film means so much to us and one… Read Full Review

Myfilm's Response to Richardmartin82's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

I sent my roll of film in on the 4th November 2008!! I had similar responses as most people; emails and letters saying the roll of film was being processed, one to say results were on a disk about to be returned. To date, nothing from this person who obviously targets people with fond memories and then tricks them.

“Avoid like the plague/ take legal action”

Written on: 18/01/2014 by crysalis (1 review written)

Like many others here I sent a disk film with payment in 2012 to what seems like a one-man company. The cheque was promptly cashed but there has been no reply to messages left on their site, e-mails and letters. The telephone number has been deleted from their website! I have sent a legal communication to come up with the goods by 31 Jan 2014 as he is clearly in breach of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. I WILL take further legal action against this person if I have not received the… Read Full Review

Baronvonmarven's Response to crysalis's Review

Written on: 08/05/2014

Hi there,

I'm in the same situation as you. Wondering what stage you are at now and if you have managed to get any contact with the company?

Best Wishes,

Mark

Crysalis's reply to Baronvonmarven's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2014

Having exhausted all avenues of contact (signed for deliveries of legal documents to both PO Box and home address being returned), I am now pursuing this with Trading Standards in Kent.

I notice that the website has been shut down so hopefully no more will be tricked.

Can I encourage you all to contact Trading Standards so they can assess the full extent of this person's behaviour.

Scrooge76's reply to Crysalis's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2014

Hello

I too have had no luck in getting my photographs or negatives back from this "company". I have been waiting nearly 3 years and had given up hope, If you could provide me with the address of the trading standards you have contacted, I am very eager to tell them my experience with this individual.

Many Thanks

Ryan

Rj68's reply to Scrooge76's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2014

Hello
I sent 2 x old 1970 films in 2009 which were of london and my learning disabled brother so my 80 yr old father could see them but as they never came back even though the company took money for the first film and sent an email from Dominic.... !!
My father died in 2010 and my mother is 82.. But after endless emails and even sending a christmas card 2 years agao in deperation have I heard anything. I fear I have given up and feel sad I cannnot share those 70s photos with ageing family members.
any luck please help me too.

Rj68's Response to crysalis's Review

Written on: 14/11/2014

I am in the same situation but I originally sent the 2 fils in 2009.
Can you advice me the best way of taking legal action. This man deprived my 80 yr old father of seeing pictures of his family as he died in 2010.
Many Thanks for any advice.
All I want is the fils not the money back.
Rachel Batterham

“5 years and still waiting”

Written on: 24/11/2013 by stillwaitinggg (1 review written)

I sent 7 rolls of scala b&w slide almost 5 years ago, february 2009 and payed for it, 110 pounds. 5 months latter I got replay from Mr. Roberts: The order is actually already maked as urgent, and looking at the list on my notice board there aren't too many films ahead of them. I kept trying to hear what is going on but never heard from him ever since So, 0 stars for service, and still hope that those films are still in some fridge but becoming more skeptic... Anybody has any news at all?… Read Full Review

“Good things come to those who wait....”

Written on: 11/06/2013 by Worsey (1 review written)

Obviously concerned after reading these reviews, but I thought what the hell, the price is good, I'm in no hurry to get the photos developed as they have been hanging around for 20 years, so I thought I give them a shot. November 2012 sent them recorded delivery to Process C-22, as I needed to know that they got there, with a covering note with many ways of contacting me, but no payment. On my cover note I explain I will pay when they ask me to. I kept an eye on the Process C-22 Website for any… Read Full Review

“The most frustrating photo developers in the world”

Written on: 27/08/2012

I sent my photos about 6 months ago, and had to wait 4 months for a reply to numerous emails that I had sent, enquiring about my films. Still nothing has been done, and the last time I heard from them was in June. It costs me £25 to develop a film, and still they're customer service is absolutely terrible. You would have thought that even if I did have to pay that worthily sum, that by now I would have my films back (£25 each, not in total) OR at least have regular correspondence with them… Read Full Review

“I have had a similar experience to most other...”

Written on: 01/08/2012 by Shafto (1 review written)

I have had a similar experience to most other reviewers. I sent a number of negatives at the begining of May, and was contacted by Dominic Roberts by phone (mobile, of which I stupidly did not make a note of the number)and was told that the job was nearly completed and would I send him a cheque, which I did. As I was going abroad, I arranged that delivery would be on my return. Needless to say the cheque was promptly cashed, but there has been no further contact from Roberts, despite emails and… Read Full Review

Dellboypalms's Response to Shafto's Review

Written on: 28/10/2012

i didnt send any money but like a fool sent an old disk film that had some treasured memories from the 80 s before i emigrated to oz same thing with me dominic emailed a couple of times even from his phone but nothing else i got an empty envelope posted from leicester hope it wasnt my disk returned im getting my cousin in the dorset police to see what he can do , i guess we all have been coned by this (name removed)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“No Service”

Written on: 31/07/2012 by RonaldReinds (1 review written)

In 2009 i sent in a total of 131 pounds worth of work..after 5 mails it went quiet and no service since!… Read Full Review

Ronaldreinds's Response to RonaldReinds's Review

Written on: 25/12/2013

Hello

I've just filed a complaint with watchdog, wull you help me and do the same?

Thanks

“Not as bad as people say”

Written on: 01/11/2011 by GB2011 (1 review written)

Reading these reviews after I'd posted off my film I feared the worst but actually everything turned out fine. It did take 8 months to do which is longer than what the website says but this wasn't an issue for me, I didn't mind waiting. Whenever I did e-mail to find out what was happening I would get a reply the next day - perhaps because I was polite about it. Eventually everything arrived as ordered. Clearly there are a lot of unhappy customers with this business but I at least have no… Read Full Review

“POOR SERVICE FROM PROCESS C-22”

Written on: 06/09/2011

I sent my film to Process C-22 in May 2009, together with a £35 cheque. The order was acknowledged & the cheque went through, and that's about it! I've emailed & telephoned numerous times, but never made contact. I sent a recorded delivery letter in August 2010, which Mr. Roberts replied to promptly, not that it really said a lot, other than he was really busy and he sounded rather put out that I should have written! He refunded the £5 postage. A further year has passed and I've not been… Read Full Review

“Do Not Use!”

Written on: 24/08/2011 by bedwas (1 review written)

I have to agree with the review from Stuart below. My disc-format photos turned up today after 16 months of waiting and emailing. I have sent about four emails in that time, and only got a reply to the first; I have heard nothing for the last year. I had given up on the film and money. The letter that arrived with the photos had a handwritten note on it saying "apologies again for the delay", but I'm not sure what "again" means as it has been impossible to get any news. There is also an… Read Full Review

“Finally got photos!”

Written on: 08/08/2011 by stuwoking2097 (1 review written)

I sent C22 several films in April 2010. I have ONLY JUST got my photos through the post, in August 2011. I posted a review on this site ages ago fearing the worst but relieved the photos have arrived. I had not heard that the owner was ill, first I've heard of that was on this site. Even so its still not acceptable to leave customers completely in the dark and having to contact Consumer Direct for advice. I did contact CD and they said to send a letter demanding my films and money back. I… Read Full Review

Johnh98's Response to stuwoking2097's Review

Written on: 11/08/2011

Lucky you! I sent my film in 2009 and they took payment in November 2009. Other than an acknowledgement in January 2010 I've heard nothing since, despite chasing them several times. I wholeheartedly agree with your comment - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Petersavva's Response to stuwoking2097's Review

Written on: 16/07/2013

does not deserve even one star

“Worth the wait”

Written on: 01/08/2011

I had begun to think the worst about this firm after reading these reviews and waiting 18 months - but I have now had my negatives back and and the prints are excellent. Apparently the proprietor has been unwell, but is catching up now. Worth the wait… Read Full Review

“Process C-22 Old Film Processing”

Written on: 15/07/2011 by ashb1 (1 review written)

After sending an old film to Process C22 in late 2009, my account was debited for the development of the film in early 2010. in August 2010, I received an e-mail saying that images had been recovered and that I would be contaced again once they were scanned. However, since then I have heard nothing, despite repeated phonecalls and e-mails. Has anyone else been able to get their images back? As I am based in Ireland, I am at a loss as to what to do next to get my photos. Any advice most… Read Full Review

Petersavva's Response to ashb1's Review

Written on: 16/07/2013

this has happened to me also its time to get trading standards to close this firm down tell erveyone NOT to send film to them I have been waiting four and a half years

“Take action now”

Written on: 11/06/2011

I wrote a damming review about this company a short while ago. Still no response from anyone at Process 22. I contacted Consumer Direct, wo are in partnershp with Trading Standards (08454040506) who told me that they are indeed in breech of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Their advice is to write to Process 22 formally and request your goods back within a certain time frame. Remind them that they are in breech of this Act and ask for compensation if your film is not returned. If… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2011

Hi there,

just wondering if you had any luck since your review with getting your photos back from Process C22? I have tried phoning and e-mailing but no answer so far....

Any update on your situation?

Rebecca
Ireland

“I have already sent my review (which has been...”

Written on: 20/03/2011

I have already sent my review (which has been displayed) over a month ago and still no word from Mr Roberts, he is either very incompetent (or has done a runner) because no legitimate company would treat it's customers as badly as this. I have lost valued memories and £100 becasuse of this mans promises. All I can suggest is that all his 'customers' who feel that they have been scammed or cheated ,as I do,should contact Trading Standards to complain and,if enough of us do, perhaps we can get… Read Full Review

“I sent an old 35mm film to them (?him) in late 2009. I...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

I sent an old 35mm film to them (?him) in late 2009. I recieved an invoice in Jan 2010 and paid shortly after receipt. Since then I've made various attempts to get in touch by e-mail and by their site's own contact form - result: nothing, not a sign of life. To judge from earler, positive reviews it was once a functioning business but, clearly, is not now. Presumably the owner/staff has given up but is happy to keep taking the money… Read Full Review

“After my mother died last March I contacted Process...”

Written on: 03/03/2011

After my mother died last March I contacted Process C-22 for a quote and managed to speak to someone. I sent them 150 kodak slides for conversion. I waited and waited and heard nothing for 4 months so contacted them by email as the phone wasn't being answered. I did get an apologetic reply. I've tried contacting them again by phone ane email as it's approaching a year but to no avail. I'm not overly worried but I wish they'd communicate else I feel a door step visit is in orcer… Read Full Review

“I sent an old black and white cine film for...”

Written on: 25/02/2011

I sent an old black and white cine film for development two years ago. Apart from one email a year ago to tell my film is safe and to be patient I have heard nothing. No replies to emails. When you phone nobody ever answers and you cant leave a message. They take your money and make you feel guilty for daring to expect some customer service. My film was the only record I have of my daughter when she was a toddler taking her first steps. Now that has gone. If they are a reputable company, they… Read Full Review

“Sent a load of old disc films to Process C22 in...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

Sent a load of old disc films to Process C22 in Margate in April 2010. They said it can take many months so I waited until September before chasing them up. Got told films would be on their way soon, some did arrive in November. I was promised by Dominic the rest would arrive before Christmas 2010.

Well its now the end of February 2011, I'm getting no reply at all from their email address. Previously I was but nothing any more. I try calling the 0845 number on their website but it just… Read Full Review