Peugeot 106 Independence Reviews

Peugeot 106 Independence - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 106 Independence

Peugeot 106 Independence
Peugeot 106 Independence

“I couldn't say enough good about the Peugeot 106...”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by qwertyasd (1 review written)

I couldn't say enough good about the Peugeot 106 Independence. Its 11 years old and has never let me down, I've wiped a foot of snow off it and its started and gone first time. Its nippy and it still not outdated (interior etc). next car 206 d turbo! Hard to drive with 5 people in due to the car already being low the mud flaps scrape the floor on bends (not any more they have been removed) =)… Read Full Review

“I bought my Peugeot 106 independance about 6 months...”

Written on: 07/02/2009 by claaaark (1 review written)

I bought my Peugeot 106 independance about 6 months ago just before passing my test. It's a wonderful little car. The only bad points i have about it is that during bad rain a few months ago i noticed that my sunroof was leaking, but with a bit of sealer around the aerial i managed to fix the problem and it has never let me down since. Another small problem is that the pedals seem very close together, i cant wear boots to drive it as they cover both the brake and accelerator. So a small… Read Full Review

“Mine is 2001 with 28000 miles on it, and I get 400...”

Written on: 02/12/2008 by cereza (10 reviews written)

Mine is 2001 with 28000 miles on it, and I get 400 miles of a tank of petrol. Its a great little car for the city and general running about, I coul'nt fault it… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 106 is a fantastic car that drives well,...”

Written on: 02/04/2008 by redcar2 (1 review written)

The Peugeot 106 is a fantastic car that drives well, and is very good quality and lasts years if well maintained… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 106 Independence is a fantastic car to...”

Written on: 11/05/2007 by AdamFE106i (1 review written)

The Peugeot 106 Independence is a fantastic car to drive overall. Ive added 15" alloys to my 106 and this has improved the already good handling. This car is very chuckable, any corner, any speed, or at least that's the confidence this car gives to on the twisty stuff, and so far after two years I have no reason to doubt its abilities. As for refinement, the interior is basic but for the £2200 I paid for my car everything is there. I have very few optional extras on the inside such as power… Read Full Review

“My Pug 106 has quite a lot of extras for a car of its...”

Written on: 05/09/2006 by WillyK (1 review written)

My Pug 106 has quite a lot of extras for a car of its age and price. I've yet to meet anyone who has power steering, front fogs, remote central locking with there 106. It looks well 2, its fully colour coded and is finished in a nice deep metalic red. I've driven a lot of small cars that are similar to the 106 and ive recently bought 2 Vauxhall Corsas (for sale) to tell the truth, none of them were as quick as my 106. Theres really only 2 real problems I have with my 106
1. Lift Pump- My car… Read Full Review

“I think the Peugeot 106 is a very good car and the...”

Written on: 26/04/2006 by londoner19 (1 review written)

I think the Peugeot 106 is a very good car and the Independence is a brillant first car. Let's be honest the more technical a car is by this I mean if it has electric this and electric that it's more that can go wrong. If you're at college, like me, you can't afford it when things go wrong. Hope this has been of some help… Read Full Review

“My Peugeot 106 Independence is amazing, great car is...”

Written on: 23/06/2005 by pug man (1 review written)

My Peugeot 106 Independence is amazing, great car is quite nippy and handles corners excellently, i've added some alloys, a spoiler and lexus lights, looks well smart, the car has good security, before starting the car you have to type in a pin number on a keypad situated near the handbrake, it also has central locking. Theres only one bad point that is the brake pedal needs to be fully down before it starts slowing down, I fully recommend this car to any one thinking of purchasing one… Read Full Review

Rocksteady's Response to pug man's Review

Written on: 24/06/2005

Thanks for the Review, one thing though - your brake problem sounds a tiny bit dangerous - I think it might be a good idea to get them checked out - your brakes are the most important part of the car and they shouldn't cost a lot to fix. Cheers.

Anti427's Response to pug man's Review

Written on: 10/04/2006

My XN 106 suffers poor braking and it eats handbrake cable too. I fear braking in the wet as there is a fine balance between slowing down and locking the wheels up.

Mikeydpgsxr's Response to pug man's Review

Written on: 27/02/2006

try bleeding and re-lining the brakes. my 106 stops in a heartbeat with the slightest touch

“The Peugeot 106 Independence has been my first car and...”

Written on: 14/05/2005 by ebrazil (1 review written)

The Peugeot 106 Independence has been my first car and was bought from New. I have to say its a fun car to drive and is great for a new driver looking to get from A to B. Its stylish and compact and although a basic car it has everything you would need for a cheap price. I have experienced no problems in the whole three years. I will be sad to see it go when I eventually decide to sell. I would recommend anyone considering getting one to just go for it… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 106 Independence is an ideal first car,...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by clarky (1 review written)

The Peugeot 106 Independence is an ideal first car, set of alloys and a backbox on, engine totally standard, cheap enough to run and insure. Only thing I want to know, will the 1.1i on a 51 plate be a 16v? email me if anyone knows clarkxms@aol.com cheers!… Read Full Review

“As a first buyers car the Peugeot 106 Independence...”

Written on: 03/10/2004 by sararachel (1 review written)

As a first buyers car the Peugeot 106 Independence City Car is great. Has all the good points a small car should have. The car picks up speed quickly and handles the road well. Although it has a small body it does feel spacious from the driver's perspective.

Brilliant for students as the peugeot is more desirable than a Ford… Read Full Review

“It's my first car and i like it i've added some 18...”

Written on: 14/10/2003 by westy (1 review written)

It's my first car and i like it i've added some 18 inch alloys and a full carzone bodykit. Bucket seats and had it sprayed in flip paint.
i've added a k&N induction kit and a full powerflow sports pipe.
i've also just purchased a nos kit but insurance does'nt know… Read Full Review

Slammed106On17S's Response to westy's Review

Written on: 04/12/2003

WITH 18S ON A 106 INDEPENDENCE YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AT A 0-60 TIME OF ABOUT 9 MONTHS!!!!

455810_Boarder2K9's Response to westy's Review

Written on: 23/04/2009

Haha insurance doesnt know. nah 15's will be fine, they will rub with ppl in the back but not normally. 16s will rub and larger need major body/wheel arch work on the independence.

Collinschickens's Response to westy's Review

Written on: 25/08/2008

Insurance company doesn't know, well that is great until you have an accident speeding with all your modifications then you discover that your insurance company refuses to pay for damages because you have not declared modifications...

176453_Dave01's Response to westy's Review

Written on: 09/11/2004

I went to halfords and wanted a set of Fox Racing 15" 195/50/15 for my independance he says they will rub!!! Is this true??
<br>
<br>thanks
<br>Dave

Slider84's Response to westy's Review

Written on: 09/10/2004

My independance has a 3 stud wheel hub, I want 16 or 17s on mine how easy is it to convert to a 4 stud wheel hub?

“This is my first car and I think its a great example...”

Written on: 14/02/2003 by Tessa. (1 review written)

This is my first car and I think its a great example of a small, town car, perfect for a first time driver. It is only a couple of years old but the breaks to me seem to be very sluggish with the break pedal needing to be flat to the floor before any impact is made. However, having said that, I was in a very bad accident last year and the car stood up to the impact extremely well. The police said if I had been in a lesser car, it would have been a lot worse… Read Full Review

“I have had my 106 1.1 for 6 months brought it from...”

Written on: 27/01/2003 by Strider. (1 review written)

I have had my 106 1.1 for 6 months brought it from new. Have had nothing but problems with it. Biggest being idling problems with the revs going up and down between 1000 - 3000 revs, and the boot leaking. Just wondered if any one else had these problems? … Read Full Review

Jeremy Hempell's Response to Strider.'s Review

Written on: 05/07/2004

My Girlfriends 106 Independance is doing the same thing, She bought the car in September 2003 and is about to go in to the main dealer for the 6th time with this fault.
<br>It has got to a stage where we are going to trading standards to try to get a refund. I am sorry to say that if you got your car from a dealer and not private this is your best bet, as Peugeot seam to be either incapable of doing the repair or not bothered. Last weekend when we got the car back we went to see another branch of the same dealership Warrick Wright and all they seemed interested in doing was giving her bottom trade in price for her car and selling her a new one.
<br>
<br>My advice to anyone thinking about buying a Peugeot would be save your money and buy either a bus pass (as thats where you will spend 99% of your time) or an old banger anything but a Peugeot.

193298_Ebrazil's Response to Strider.'s Review

Written on: 14/05/2005

i have had my peugoet 106 since 2003 as well, its a great first time car and i have had no problems with it what so ever, although i do know what you say about it reving up. sometimes i will be sitting in traffic and it will start reving on its own without me touching the pedals, i have had this looked at and have been told this is fine and i will not harm the car in anyway. aside from that i am very pleased to have purchased this car and would very much recommend to a first time driver. its cheap on petrol, quick for a 1.1 and also a great looking car for its money.

Davoop's Response to Strider.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2005

I have had many Peugeots over 20 years and have always had the best of service, in contrast to Ford and Vauxhaul.
<br>The company has provided first class warranty backup which is very customer oriented and the standard of work always top order and delivered by good mechanics, this being from 5 different dealerships all over the UK
<br>I do not work for Peugeot and report as I find.

Jeremy Hempell's Response to Strider.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2004

After my previous post Warick Wright have offered my Girlfriend a lot less than she paid for the car to buy it back off her. This offer includes what they laughinly call compensation, this means she has lost something in the region of £1500 in 7 months, Plus all the stress.
<br>She now wants to accept the offer because she is so stressed out by the whole thing.
<br>All I can say now is boycott Warick Wright completly, Forget Buying a Peugout because they have no customer support. And if you have a problem with your car and its out of waranty (hers isn't) take it to an indepentant Garage because Peugeot do not have any mechanics they just have parts fitters, so if it doesn't show up on there diagnostic computer they are stuffed because they have the mechanical abilitys of a first year mechanics student if not less.

☆☆☆☆☆

“This car must have been designed by somebody who has...”

Written on: 20/01/2003 by Gordon Farmer. (1 review written)

This car must have been designed by somebody who has never seen rain. The 106 diesel air intake is so low that in crossing a ford yesterday the engine sucked in water and I have been told the engine must now be replaced. This will cost more than the car is currently worth. So unless you live in the desert do not buy one… Read Full Review

“I hated my 106 when I 1st got it, but now I wouldn't...”

Written on: 31/10/2002 by liz. (1 review written)

I hated my 106 when I 1st got it, but now I wouldn't be without him. He's nippy, fairly fast and has so much personality. He's great on petrol, takes corners like you wouldnt believe, and he just basically rocks. He's called Elvis and he really is the best car in the world… Read Full Review

“i bought my Peugeot 106 independence last year (2001),...”

Written on: 09/06/2002 by Chris. (1 review written)

i bought my Peugeot 106 independence last year (2001), and i love it. It's the best little car that i have driven, i have added alloys full escosse body kit and quite frankly it looks the dogs danglies. As far as the lack of speed, you obviosuly don't know how to drive the car to it's full potential… Read Full Review

30386_Jacob.'s Response to 27038_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2002

Well. i have a 106 independence too and i must agree with the other review. This is probably your 1st car so i don't blame u for stating that the 1.1 - 60 bhp - 0-60mph in 14 seconds car is fast. Ordered a vtr.

169370_Quicksilver's Response to 27038_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 09/09/2004

I have just bought a quicksilver for my first car, still 17 and these cars are rapid. Also have very sporty looks which come as standard on the quicksilver or GTI.

49554_Chris.'s Response to 27038_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 09/11/2002

This isn't my first car, we have also a polo gti and must say that the polo has a little more umph But for a small car the peugoet will do you proud and it's a great first car for anybody. By adding the body kit, alloys and all the other stuff you JUST have to addmit it looks very good but I would honestly say if you can afford it go for the 106 GTI or Quicksilver

“I regret buying the Peugeout 106 Independence model...”

Written on: 15/04/2002 by Kane. (1 review written)

I regret buying the Peugeout 106 Independence model because it lacks in performance. It is slower than any other car on the road and it isn't any faster at high revs. I purchased a GTI spoiler, added alloys, tints and an induction kit (no difference in performance). Still, all boyracers can beat me in their old bangers. My advise is to get a GTI… Read Full Review

26133_Cat.'s Response to 19390_Kane.'s Review

Written on: 02/06/2002

i bought my peugeot 106 independence last year and i must admit its a great little car. the peugeot 106 gives great performance and handling aswell as quick exceleration. overall the 106 is a cheap, nippy and fun little car to drive.ive added alloys and full body kit giving it a sporty edge which the car lives up to when on the road. boy racers find it hard to keep up with me!!! even when there not in their little bangers.

Sume187's Response to 19390_Kane.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2003

hi kane! you said you added a gti rear spoiler to your car! where did you get it from coz i want one for my 106 quicksilver and cant get it from anywhere! ive tried pug main dealer and they said there one dont fit the quicksilver models! pls help me! thanks!

Pug106Dimma's Response to 19390_Kane.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2003

i also bought a 106 last year, 1.1 (60bhp) overall it is a good car, ive added alloys, spoiler, decent tyres, wheel arch extensions, sports suspension kit etc etc and is definatly an eye-catcher. ive taken it up to southend-on-sea (essex) a few times, and have beaten a 1.5 focus. obviously if uve got a good engine it helps, but you have to know how to race a car as well!!!!!!!!

Nick255's Response to 19390_Kane.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2003

Its a 1.1 with 60bhp, what kind of performance were you expecting?
<br>instead of buying a car with a small engine and spending lots of money on rubbish mods to make it faster, why not buy the GTI in the first place.